[Discussion] Maou (Ohno Satoshi & Ikuta Toma)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Sep 12th, '08, 23:40

The end...
IT'S NOT FAIR. What's good in such an ending? Everything was just a bunch of tragic accidents... and everything was just too late. From the previews I had the feeling it will end that way and still hoped for less tragic version. Seriously, there is too much of suffering, it's not bearable...
and...
justlisax3 wrote:quick question...is there an SP of Maou? because at the end.... shiori has another vision in some house, is there a continuation of that?
I was wondering too. Though i don't think there will be any special (there's no characters left), maybe some special scenes in the dvd release, sometimes they do it.
Still I haven't seen any information on this, it's just my bare speculation... >.>

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 13th, '08, 00:29

mistery_priestess
its been hinted from the beginning all will not end well. "there will be no survivor" is the tagline in the initial promotion. what's important is both of them finally learn to forgive each other even as death beckoning. both finally at peace.
if only Shiori would have taken a cab, she might have a chance to save them. Tomoo walked while bleeding with people passing by him and NOT NOTICING... ugh. Aside from their refusal to use modes of transportation, everything else was wonderful and well plotted
the last 3 minutes scene was unnecessary imo.

Excellent acting all round. I hope Ohno will get an award for this.
:mrgreen:
Bye bye Maou. Bye bye thread :p

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Sep 13th, '08, 01:06

aishoni2 wrote:its been hinted from the beginning all will not end well. "there will be no survivor" is the tagline in the initial promotion. what's important is both of them finally learn to forgive each other even as death beckoning. both finally at peace.
if only Shiori would have taken a cab, she might have a chance to save them. Tomoo walked while bleeding with people passing by him and NOT NOTICING... ugh. Aside from their refusal to use modes of transportation, everything else was wonderful and well plotted
I know, seriously, even opening showed us for every week the ending (black butterfly taking them both away. Black butterflies symbolizes death. I thought about that kind of ending for some time already) still I hoped for better ending. What's wrong with wishing them to live?
About well plotted... this last episode wasn't really plotted. It didn't go the way Naruse wanted, it was full of incidents >.>
I can't understand why I love those tragic suspensefull dramas sometimes >.>
And about the transportation... Naruse refused to wear something other than the suit too, for the whole series xDDDD'
The last 3 minutes... A little, they were unnecesary...
except for the last moment. I really would want to know what Shiori saw...
And Ohno just must get an award...

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 13th, '08, 07:40

wAah! I haven't even seen episode 10 yet! :cry:
School has been so hectic... anyway... Im off to watch ep 10 now...

does anyone have a link to where I can watch the final ep online?? please and thank you! :D

namie

Post by namie » Sep 13th, '08, 09:02

totally_0bsessed wrote:does anyone have a link to where I can watch the final ep online?? please and thank you! :D
http://icefight.livejournal.com/ I think that you should add her as your friend on LJ. :D
Oh sorry! It is the 10 episode! XD

This is the correct link http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/ :D

crocus

Post by crocus » Sep 13th, '08, 13:37

soft sub for ep11 (final) already up at akusub...

hey9

Post by hey9 » Sep 13th, '08, 15:38

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ::falls off cliff::

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Sep 13th, '08, 17:10

what did you guys expect, rainbows and unicorns?

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Sep 13th, '08, 18:24

My Maou OTP: Serizawa x Naruse

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Sep 13th, '08, 18:26

I have never seen the Korean Version ~~~ Was there ever a Special Episode?

As the way it ended, it would either pave way for an SP (as many J-doramas like to do) or at least they may add a special scene in the DVD as it happens alot too.

Gosh ~~ I bawled at the end.
As for modes of transporation thing ~~or lack of LOL

They love to do that kinda thing in dramas don't they.... XD

Keeps it all intese for us and go!!! DAMN IT!! WHY DIDN"T YOU TAKE A TAXI!!!!!!!

Then there's slow motion ><
I do hope Ohno will get another role soon.

Was never a huge Arashi fan ~~ so didn't really pay attention to Ohno and stuff. (Well cause he's not in dramas at all anyways) but through my friend's constant 'brainwashing" I started to watch that drama and really liked it!!!

Both Toma and Ohno did a great Job ~~~
Yesh ~~ I do hope they get an award or two.

So best of luck to those two in their next project ~~ Ohno to AAA Concert and Toma to doing Grease the Musical.

ainhoa wrote:My Maou OTP: Serizawa x Naruse
A friend joked that if no one had seen this drama ~~ They would have guessed other wise XD ~~~ Sorry her fangirl talking.

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Sep 13th, '08, 23:44

omg i've only seen ep 8 T.T

Ohno is <33333333333333 although it's kinda weird he ONLY wears a suit throughout this series -.-" he looks good in it (repetition of shower scene *nosebleed*) I've never seen Ohno as a kakkoi/sexy/intense character but he's so good in this drama it's completely changed my view on him. Ohno's hairstyle also suits him very well since it matures him and def more suited and sensible for his character rather than the whole spiked bleached hair.

Ikuta, slightly OTT at times but still a good job, but since i've been watching all these Arashi shows i've just come to expect a certain personality off Ohno so seeing Ohno like this is completely different. After watching this i'm not really into re-watching the Korean version despite it being possibly better, but i still prefer staring at Ohno and Ikuta *bias~* maybe his character is a lil difficult to portray in such a short amount of time he has to come across as troubled but not on the verge of yielding and overact.

Arashi's Truth single is also very fitting, i've never really been *that* into their music and Truth is their first song i love and enjoy repeating xD It's a shame this has lower ratings than expected? i cant wait to watch the rest of this series eventho i know what's coming up~~

EDIT: just watched ep 9 ^^
when Ikuta and Ohno had that confrontation at the tunnel/bridge or w/e i was thinking "wow Ohno must be fishing alot......" he's like pretty dark if he was a little lighter you could probly see his wonderful expressions during the night xD
can't wait for the other eps now =]

ganstream2

Post by ganstream2 » Sep 14th, '08, 02:59

justlisax3 wrote:quick question...is there an SP of Maou? because at the end....
shiori has another vision in some house, is there a continuation of that?

but the episode was amazing. i cried while naoto and naruse were both lying there dead. seriously, this drama was totally worth watching...
Taken from another place:
If I remembered it correctly, there are signs regarding Maou's DVD Box at the end scene , and at the bottom of the screen it says "The revenge play will once again open its curtain.." and then "complete with extras" and the last two signs said "The memory that lies inside the harmonica..." "You will witness the shocking truth"

So I'm guessing what Shiori saw in the harmonica will be included in the extras in the DVD box (talk about marketing ploy) or maybe something like that.

ukyoboy

Post by ukyoboy » Sep 14th, '08, 05:15

This is simply too good! The story plot and the acting and everything... what i can say is tat riida's acting is terrific. and i really love the part with naruse leaning on serizawa's shoulder, plus the backgd solemn music, i seriously cant stop crying. well i tot most prob they will hav a SP on the memories thru the harmonica, but yea, at least we can still see more of naruse and serizawa since they are dead now yet alive in the past.

btw will they have a soundtrack for maou? i really love the songs in the show. hope riida will get an award for maou, he's really cool.

SAYONARA maou. *sob

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Sep 14th, '08, 05:46

omg that was SOOOOOO good!!!
i'm so sad that both tomoo and naoto died... :cry:
satoshi and toma better get awards for this.
if they don't, i'll go crazy!!!

chibi15

Post by chibi15 » Sep 14th, '08, 06:03

The best series I ever saw since Kindaichi Case Files! I love detective series!!

And I hate JE for the damn marketing plot!!! I have to wait until January for the DVD! DAMN! Stupid cliffhanger at the end with Shiori!! X_X
I totally expected the ending where both of them died but the way they died is so beautiful that I cried a lot!! And that last scene which Shiori saw them in! OTP!!!!!!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 14th, '08, 07:47

namie wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:does anyone have a link to where I can watch the final ep online?? please and thank you! :D
http://icefight.livejournal.com/ I think that you should add her as your friend on LJ. :D
Oh sorry! It is the 10 episode! XD

This is the correct link http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/ :D
Thanks a lot Namie! :lol

I already feel like crying based on the spoilers... OMG! this is gonna be good! :cry: :cheers:

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Sep 15th, '08, 17:25

I have the OST but... ii was looking for " Somewhere Over the rainbow " the version from Naruse's little box T_T and it's not in it T_____T does someone has it??

the OST can be found here : http://tenshi-angels87.livejournal.com/185563.html

ukyoboy

Post by ukyoboy » Sep 16th, '08, 14:48

arigatou for linking!!! ive been looking for maou's ost everywhere. :lol

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Sep 16th, '08, 17:11

The ending was soooooo touching :cry: :cry: i knew this would happen but yappari i wish they didn`t die :cry: :cry:

i think the thing Shiori would see is that Serizawa didn`t really stab Hideo.. & this whole thing is just a BIG misunderstanding! or.. maybe maaybbbeeee she saw how Serizawa died? :unsure: hmm... or she saw how Naruse was happy when his bro & mom were still there T____T .........................................
i have many ideas XD Why in the hell did the producers show that ending of Shiroi?? :glare: makes ppl wonderrr..

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 17th, '08, 11:36

Gyah! It's over! I purposely avoided Maou for so long because I knew that it was gonna end... and that I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a happy person after watching Yasuken ep 9 that I didn't wanna kill that high XD

http://lady-mercury.livejournal.com/1018573.html

I posted all my thoughts on the final episode there with some screencaps, but for those who don't wanna read it there
Great drama is really great, despite the slow episodes two and three, the show picks up around episode four and just doesn't stop which I really enjoyed, and wished, I hadn't taken for granted when I started watching Maou when it premiered three months ago... The tension between every single character in the drama is well played and well written, especially once you hit the climax and you realize what the motives really are, the jealousy and bitterness between everyone within Naruse's web of trickery and lies, and the emotional pull of a relationship doomed to failure between a young woman and a fallen man. I have to admit I grew so attatched to Satoshi Ohno's character, that by the final three episodes, I wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to get his revenge, and I guess, that's why at the final episode I ended up sheading tears for the ending. I usually don't cry watching dramas, but Maou pulled the tears out of me -- I guess I got so caught up in Naruse's despair that I ended up feeling his pain.

Twists and turns made Maou great and ended up seperating itself from the Death Note feel it had in the first three episodes. It wasn't just a vigilante taking the law into his own hands, there was a lot more to this man than someone on a god complex. I really enjoyed how he killed not by using his own hands but manipulating the people around him, using their emotions against each other and having them kill themselves. It was more of an interesting turn of using the characters against each other, friend against friend, brother against friend, father against son, etc rather then just having someone off the street pull the trigger. Why did these people envy each other? Hate each other? How far could you have thrown someone off the edge before they broke? This intricute story of lies and deception covering the truth made it an emotional rollercoaster...

... and a devil with character development. This is one of the reasons why I love Maou, and over Last Friends from the previous Spring 2008 season. Here's two villians, one a scorned lover who can't tale the difference between loving too much and not to love and one lawyer, masked by the viel of justice but yet the one thing he defends in court.... Yet, in Last Friends we get a man who does not grow at all, instead, becomes flatter and flatter to all we have is just flying fists and malicious intent to commit pain upon others with no real intention other than he's angry and jealous, and then in Maou we have a man, a man who is angry but yet slowly begins to break down and question his own existance, his own meaning for doing what he is doing. This character growth in Naruse Ryo's character, the confliction between Ryo and the dead child Tomou, is the key point of Maou and basically steals the show in my opinion. But not only that, we have Toma Ikuta's character, Serizawa who comes a long way from just a screaming hot headed rookie detective to a man conflicted with his emotions - Should he stop the man taking revenge on him for his crimes, or should he allow him to take revenge for his crimes and die?

All of this makes Maou a great series, which, quite frankly ended up being a major underdog in the seasons ratings to shows like Code Blue.

My only frustrations with this series the ending... how in merely 46 minutes the remaining cast just dies. Kasai is stabbed in the back, Serizawa's brother commits suicide and in return his father dies of heart failure, Yamato is shot to death and you only find this out in a brief mentioning as Naruse and Serizawa walk to the final confrontation, and the biggest kicker of them all -- Naruse is not killed by Serizawa, but, instead killed by none other than his accomplise, Yamato... a major twist in the plot that had me stare at my computer screen with my mouth agaped and literally saying " What the hell... ". Though wounded, he eventually bled to death... and Serizawa, who you had expected to survive, ended up dying the same way as Hideo 11 years earlier. As if the roles were reversed.... a powerful scene of mixed emotions, but an ending uxexpected. No one wins, eventually, everyone involved 11 years ago die tragically. Is this to be a strong message that two wrongs do not make a right? Who knows...

My final gripe is the Shiroi/Naruse relationship... a doomed relationship from beginning, but sucked me in helplessly to the point that I was as frustrated as Shiroi. Shiroi was offering him redemption and instead he continued to walk his road, always staggering, but jumping right back on. Had he accepted her redemption, I'm sure he would have been forgiven of his sins and manage to live a happy life... or at least I would have wanted.

In the end, two black butterflies fly together off into the ocean's horizon, eluding to the fact that Serizawa and Tomou have forgiven themselves in the after life... and, despite it ending so... depressingly, you can't help but cry at how two torn souls manage to live on happily together in the after life... Which I did. Their sacrifices some how give off that those around them have managed to live happier lives, even Shiroi, but the harmonica left behind seems to bring back the tourment to Shiroi...

.. and left to an ending unknown.

... and sometimes I wonder, was that necessary?

Ah, well, Maou's over...

... and everyone wins.
Gyah, it's over... I'm... so sad... about it....
Eternal Snow wrote:
The ending was soooooo touching :cry: :cry: i knew this would happen but yappari i wish they didn`t die :cry: :cry:

i think the thing Shiori would see is that Serizawa didn`t really stab Hideo.. & this whole thing is just a BIG misunderstanding! or.. maybe maaybbbeeee she saw how Serizawa died? :unsure: hmm... or she saw how Naruse was happy when his bro & mom were still there T____T .........................................
i have many ideas XD Why in the hell did the producers show that ending of Shiroi?? :glare: makes ppl wonderrr..
I believe she already knew that it was an accident because she had saw it, that's why she said that's when she discovered her abilities, she saw what happened at that scene.

But the only reason I can think of is that the harmonica is the root to the entire story, it shows the happiness Tomou had with Hideo and his mother, to the scene in which Hideo dies accidentally, all the way up through Tomou 'dying' and being reborn as Ryo, to the deaths of those around Serizawa, and all the way up until the very deaths of Naota and Tomou... that Harmonica has seen it all... has felt it all... so by her touching it, she finally UNDERSTANDS their struggle, both on Naota's side and Tomou's side....

... and either that will make her move on from Tomou or instead keep her locked in a past and that be HER retribution for her actions that happened 11 years ago as she is the ONLY one to have been spared by Naruse's wrath.

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Sep 17th, '08, 12:35

Ladymercury wrote:
I believe she already knew that it was an accident because she had saw it, that's why she said that's when she discovered her abilities, she saw what happened at that scene.

But the only reason I can think of is that the harmonica is the root to the entire story, it shows the happiness Tomou had with Hideo and his mother, to the scene in which Hideo dies accidentally, all the way up through Tomou 'dying' and being reborn as Ryo, to the deaths of those around Serizawa, and all the way up until the very deaths of Naota and Tomou... that Harmonica has seen it all... has felt it all... so by her touching it, she finally UNDERSTANDS their struggle, both on Naota's side and Tomou's side....

... and either that will make her move on from Tomou or instead keep her locked in a past and that be HER retribution for her actions that happened 11 years ago as she is the ONLY one to have been spared by Naruse's wrath.
you have a really good point which really makes sense .. now all my thoughts are go~ne XD

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 18th, '08, 00:06

Ladymercury wrote:Gyah! It's over! I purposely avoided Maou for so long because I knew that it was gonna end... and that I was suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a happy person after watching Yasuken ep 9 that I didn't wanna kill that high XD

http://lady-mercury.livejournal.com/1018573.html

I posted all my thoughts on the final episode there with some screencaps, but for those who don't wanna read it there
Great drama is really great, despite the slow episodes two and three, the show picks up around episode four and just doesn't stop which I really enjoyed, and wished, I hadn't taken for granted when I started watching Maou when it premiered three months ago... The tension between every single character in the drama is well played and well written, especially once you hit the climax and you realize what the motives really are, the jealousy and bitterness between everyone within Naruse's web of trickery and lies, and the emotional pull of a relationship doomed to failure between a young woman and a fallen man. I have to admit I grew so attatched to Satoshi Ohno's character, that by the final three episodes, I wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to get his revenge, and I guess, that's why at the final episode I ended up sheading tears for the ending. I usually don't cry watching dramas, but Maou pulled the tears out of me -- I guess I got so caught up in Naruse's despair that I ended up feeling his pain.

Twists and turns made Maou great and ended up seperating itself from the Death Note feel it had in the first three episodes. It wasn't just a vigilante taking the law into his own hands, there was a lot more to this man than someone on a god complex. I really enjoyed how he killed not by using his own hands but manipulating the people around him, using their emotions against each other and having them kill themselves. It was more of an interesting turn of using the characters against each other, friend against friend, brother against friend, father against son, etc rather then just having someone off the street pull the trigger. Why did these people envy each other? Hate each other? How far could you have thrown someone off the edge before they broke? This intricute story of lies and deception covering the truth made it an emotional rollercoaster...

... and a devil with character development. This is one of the reasons why I love Maou, and over Last Friends from the previous Spring 2008 season. Here's two villians, one a scorned lover who can't tale the difference between loving too much and not to love and one lawyer, masked by the viel of justice but yet the one thing he defends in court.... Yet, in Last Friends we get a man who does not grow at all, instead, becomes flatter and flatter to all we have is just flying fists and malicious intent to commit pain upon others with no real intention other than he's angry and jealous, and then in Maou we have a man, a man who is angry but yet slowly begins to break down and question his own existance, his own meaning for doing what he is doing. This character growth in Naruse Ryo's character, the confliction between Ryo and the dead child Tomou, is the key point of Maou and basically steals the show in my opinion. But not only that, we have Toma Ikuta's character, Serizawa who comes a long way from just a screaming hot headed rookie detective to a man conflicted with his emotions - Should he stop the man taking revenge on him for his crimes, or should he allow him to take revenge for his crimes and die?

All of this makes Maou a great series, which, quite frankly ended up being a major underdog in the seasons ratings to shows like Code Blue.

My only frustrations with this series the ending... how in merely 46 minutes the remaining cast just dies. Kasai is stabbed in the back, Serizawa's brother commits suicide and in return his father dies of heart failure, Yamato is shot to death and you only find this out in a brief mentioning as Naruse and Serizawa walk to the final confrontation, and the biggest kicker of them all -- Naruse is not killed by Serizawa, but, instead killed by none other than his accomplise, Yamato... a major twist in the plot that had me stare at my computer screen with my mouth agaped and literally saying " What the hell... ". Though wounded, he eventually bled to death... and Serizawa, who you had expected to survive, ended up dying the same way as Hideo 11 years earlier. As if the roles were reversed.... a powerful scene of mixed emotions, but an ending uxexpected. No one wins, eventually, everyone involved 11 years ago die tragically. Is this to be a strong message that two wrongs do not make a right? Who knows...

My final gripe is the Shiroi/Naruse relationship... a doomed relationship from beginning, but sucked me in helplessly to the point that I was as frustrated as Shiroi. Shiroi was offering him redemption and instead he continued to walk his road, always staggering, but jumping right back on. Had he accepted her redemption, I'm sure he would have been forgiven of his sins and manage to live a happy life... or at least I would have wanted.

In the end, two black butterflies fly together off into the ocean's horizon, eluding to the fact that Serizawa and Tomou have forgiven themselves in the after life... and, despite it ending so... depressingly, you can't help but cry at how two torn souls manage to live on happily together in the after life... Which I did. Their sacrifices some how give off that those around them have managed to live happier lives, even Shiroi, but the harmonica left behind seems to bring back the tourment to Shiroi...

.. and left to an ending unknown.

... and sometimes I wonder, was that necessary?

Ah, well, Maou's over...

... and everyone wins.
Gyah, it's over... I'm... so sad... about it....
Eternal Snow wrote:

finally finished watching Maou... and all I can say is that it has the most beautiful ending in any dramas i have seen ever! aside from HYD...:lol
It made me cry a lot! :cry:

Maou really is an underdog drama... and it shouldn't be because its so0ooooo good!
so i do hope that they get all the awards that they can... the cast and crew was really superb...
and I'm so0o proud of my ichibans... they made the ending real... :cry:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 18th, '08, 02:06

It had a rough start, but it really pulled out on top -- I am really really... sad and that ending was very powerful, one of the most jaw dropping endings I've watched.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Sep 20th, '08, 14:42

Just watched ep 11
i'm so sad that this drama's over. I really liked it. Ohno and Toma did such a good job.
I read a spoiler for the Korean version but I thought that this drama wasn't going to go that way but it did.

That last scene between Naruse and Naoto was really good. The tears were awesome. Seeing their interaction I always feel that Naoto and Naruse really could have been friends.

I thought it Naoto's death scene was beautiful. Him asking Naruse to forgive him and holding his hand. I also liked the last shot of the two of them. Naoto sitting up peacefully and Naruse leaning his head on Naoto's shoulder. They look like brothers or something. I really liked that.
I really loved this drama. Really. I'm going to miss waiting for it every week.

bluestarie

Post by bluestarie » Sep 20th, '08, 18:33

OMG ep 11 is realli realli good... Cried buckets. Ohno and Toma acted realli well...

Navin

Post by Navin » Sep 21st, '08, 12:07

So the Korean version goes into a different direction? Have to see that now...

becky_49

Post by becky_49 » Sep 22nd, '08, 17:58

I've been avoiding this thread in fear that I wouldn't be able to resist clicking on the spoilers' tabs and ruining the storyline for myself. :-( But now that Maou's done, it's been interesting reading everyone else's comments.

Generally speaking, Ohno and Toma did an amazing job in the series. Ohno was solid throughout and I would have never imagined he could pull this off so well. I was slow warming up to Toma's character, mostly cause I felt an unnatural amount of sympathy towards Naruse that I really didn't care what happened to Serizawa. But in the last two episodes, I really felt for Toma's character. Both of them suffer through so much that they knew the only why to end it was for either one of them to die.
It never really occurred to me that Naruse's sole purpose was to get Serizawa to kill him. I always had in mind that he was going to commit the last of the murders and then commit suicide himself.

But in reality, he knew his life was meaningless anyway and all he wanted was for Serizawa to go to jail for the murder he got away with eleven years ago. He never would have guessed that Serizawa could have so much sympathy and understanding to drop the gun so that Naruse could be spared from further suffering.

The ending was so touching. Although both of them had to die for the situation to be resolved, I was amazed at the level of emotions that were brought forth just within those last minutes. The understanding and the forgiveness - it's only bittersweet to think how they were the only two people in the world who understood each the most.

:cry: :cry: That's where I started balling.

Actually, I lied. I started balling earlier at the church scene where Naruse was all like 'I am not capable of being loved." Weep weep.
Too good a drama. I will surely miss the characters. Ohno better win an award for this or else they will all feel the wrath from the Maou. :lol

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 24th, '08, 06:26

Hi! :D

It would be lovely to know your opinions and ratings on Maou so please rate Maou here.
If you want to vote you'll have to post comments on the forums I think but you can rate it! Just add the Maou in your "My Drama" and choose 10/10 score xD
Maou deserves to be in thetop 50 too ^^V. Its just an online drama ranking but I would love to see Maou topping everything xD
Thank you.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Sep 25th, '08, 02:50

I miss waiting for Maou fridays.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 27th, '08, 03:45

The Nikan Sports Drama Awards voting just started! It will end on October 4 so please vote for Maou as best drama, best Actor (Ohno Satoshi = "大野智(魔王,TBS)"), best supporting actor (pick one of the "魔王(TBS)" xD), best supporting actress (Kobayashi Ryoko 小林涼子). Full instruction here: http://community.livejournal.com/arashi_on/913218.html
Too bad Toma is in the lead actor category. I would have voted for him if he's in the supporting actor category. Ohno consistently was amazing throughout the series. Plus we have to vote for a female lead and Maou had none. I voted for Miyazaki Aoi (Atsuhime lead actress)
Please vote.
They only allowed one vote but try using different browsers. I voted twice using Firefox & IE

syueve

Post by syueve » Sep 29th, '08, 10:38

Hello, I'm a newbie!! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

I've just finish watching Maou and I LOVE IT!!

Erm, this may be a stupid question, but can anyone explain how did Naruse plant what he wants Shiori to see in those tarot cards and stuff? I can't figure it out....lol...

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 29th, '08, 11:42

syueve wrote:Hello, I'm a newbie!! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

Erm, this may be a stupid question, but can anyone explain how did Naruse plant what he wants Shiori to see in those tarot cards and stuff? I can't figure it out....lol...
Welcome to the Maou tribe :D

The images Shiori gets from the items are the strongest memories left at the moment a person held the item with their bare hands or a touch of bare skin. For example, Naruse purposely
touched the lilies at the library so Shiori might learn a bit about himself. The only images Shiori received was of Naruse's mother altar. Naruse did mentioned the lilies reminds him of his mother.

I think some of the blurred images she saw might not be from a direct touch though. Just my theory. Feel free to disagree and discuss :)

Nada

Post by Nada » Sep 29th, '08, 13:27

i saw this drama and i love it so much

i think ohono satoshi he acts very good

ikuta toma

i love him so much he was so perfect and i cry so much when he die in the end=(

gamercloud

Post by gamercloud » Sep 29th, '08, 20:38

The ending was so touching.. I could feel Naruse agony.. it was so sad. I will miss it!

syueve

Post by syueve » Sep 30th, '08, 02:18

aishoni2 wrote:
syueve wrote:Hello, I'm a newbie!! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

Welcome to the Maou tribe :D

The images Shiori gets from the items are the strongest memories left at the moment a person held the item with their bare hands or a touch of bare skin. For example, Naruse purposely
touched the lilies at the library so Shiori might learn a bit about himself. The only images Shiori received was of Naruse's mother altar. Naruse did mentioned the lilies reminds him of his mother.

I think some of the blurred images she saw might not be from a direct touch though. Just my theory. Feel free to disagree and discuss :)
Ahh~~ so meaning...
whatever he wants Shiori to see, all he needs to do is to hold that item, then think what images he wants her to see, and that's it, rite? No wonder she can't see his face in the images.....I kept thinking why can't she see who is behind all these when she have psychic ability....lol
Er, another few questions i have (....yes, i'm THAT blur....)
Can anyone explain about that 'protective custody' thing between ryo and tomoo? Why are their names listed together in the police record?

And, in the last episode, during the confrontation between Naruse and Naoto, Naruse was provoking Naoto, saying ' your brother was taken away from u, ur father was taken away too....'. Now, how did Naruse knew that Naoto's dad died? I was thinking maybe Naoto told him when he called Naruse... was that shown in the Korean version?
I hope i'm not bricked for being so blur...lol...forgive me... it's just that when i watch a drama, it bugs me when there are pieces that don't really fit together.... :-(

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Sep 30th, '08, 12:47

My goodness the ending sucked.

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Oct 1st, '08, 00:36

I wanna shoot the cameramen during THAT scene in the final ep. Seriously i thought I_heart_aiba did those styled karaoke subs just for the fun of it but i'm telling you the movements seriously match. lool -.-

They ruined that scene for me, *HMPH >.<*, and i missed what Shiori was suppose to have seen in her last vision =/ grrr maybe it's that Naruse was knifed by that jklashldanwknda and he accidently killed Serizawa.

a question onegai~ so Naruse only gave Shiori the music box and letter? i thought he would have given her the harmonica too but i guess not -.- any guesses why Naruse gave her the box and not just a letter by itself?

claza

Post by claza » Oct 1st, '08, 02:25

hun_wun_gal wrote:
I wanna shoot the cameramen during THAT scene in the final ep. Seriously i thought I_heart_aiba did those styled karaoke subs just for the fun of it but i'm telling you the movements seriously match. lool -.-

They ruined that scene for me, *HMPH >.<*, and i missed what Shiori was suppose to have seen in her last vision =/ grrr maybe it's that Naruse was knifed by that jklashldanwknda and he accidently killed Serizawa.

a question onegai~ so Naruse only gave Shiori the music box and letter? i thought he would have given her the harmonica too but i guess not -.- any guesses why Naruse gave her the box and not just a letter by itself?
What was wrong with the Cameraman?
My two cents (slight spoilers)
This drama was good. Plot was good. My only complaints are:
1) Too much evil staring and evil walking-away suspense from Naruse, too much shocked staring from Serizawa.
2) Well, it's not the drama's fault for being only 11 episodes. I think the script was good, but I think Naruse could have remained more cold-hearted for a bit longer. It seemed almost stupid when he showed some signs of emotion during like episode 4 or 5. I thought it was too early.

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Oct 1st, '08, 16:41

claza wrote: What was wrong with the Cameraman?
I don't know if anyone else felt that way but during the final showdown between Naruse and Serizawa the camera was shaking, i don't know if it was meant to add any effect but to me i thought it was very unnecessary and it annoyed me ALOT since it's suppose to be a touching scene where Naruse wanted Serizawa to kill HIM and explaining why etc i would have been concentrating on the scene alot more if the camera wasn't moving around and my eyes trying to find a focus of Naruse's tears and both their reactions.

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Oct 1st, '08, 23:50

hun_wun_gal wrote:
claza wrote: What was wrong with the Cameraman?
I don't know if anyone else felt that way but during the final showdown between Naruse and Serizawa the camera was shaking, i don't know if it was meant to add any effect but to me i thought it was very unnecessary and it annoyed me ALOT since it's suppose to be a touching scene where Naruse wanted Serizawa to kill HIM and explaining why etc i would have been concentrating on the scene alot more if the camera wasn't moving around and my eyes trying to find a focus of Naruse's tears and both their reactions.
About camera's job on the scene:
I think personally that was supposed to drag us into their rush and ending effect (I mean the incdent with gun) more realistic. Seriously, in slow motion everyone would be thinking like "it was on purpose or maybe they're just too slow and so on". It shows really nicely the panic and rush of the desperated Naruse. It's making the scene struck you with adrenaline, like, you're the one struggling with them. And when motion slowed down after the shot and stopped for few seconds... it gives a better effect, when I watched it I felt that my heart stopped right there because it was fast - then something unexpected - and in that moment everything stops. Like running away from something, didn't see the road is ending and then you fall - your heart stops the moment you don't feel ground at your feets, and the panic returns when you feel you're falling down.
Well, maybe not for everyone it feels the same way. But I doubt I'm the only person that feels the scene was presented nicely.
And by the way, I think it was enough to get the grip of Naruse's and Naoto's emotion a lot better this way, because you can actually feel them to some extent. And Naruse's desperation got through. I can't forget these very few seconds (or maybe even one, two seconds) when I have seen his tears, his lost completely composure and sense, shut tightly eyes (or maybe even they weren't, I'm not so sure in retrospection, but that gives me actually better view on that split-second accident) they're repeating over and over with the rush of adrenaline as well xD;; it's so obvious that the whole ending wouldn't happen this way if it wasn't exactly this one particular second.
In korean version it was slowed down if I remember correctly (so it made me think that it was just being slow on their part, they had plenty time to avoid that or maybe that was a sudden unthought wish on one side, blah xD;;), you can compare them if you would like to. Maybe korean technique would be more to your liking :D
and to that one:
hun_wun_gal wrote: a question onegai~ so Naruse only gave Shiori the music box and letter? i thought he would have given her the harmonica too but i guess not -.- any guesses why Naruse gave her the box and not just a letter by itself?
my thoughts:
Well, I guess he gave it to her because it was a memento of his family and he wanted her to have it? xD;; who knows, people in love do such things, ok, no more stupid answers xD:;; Maybe it was a last message that he won't come back from his fulfilled revenge? Because if he would come back he wouldn't have the reason to leave her the musicbox.
And the harmonica is the item he vowed his revenge upon (because there is this mark of Naoto's foot on that...the proof he stamped on Hideo's life and run away). If he would give it away it would feel like he actually gave away his revenge too, right? Like what he did when he gave it to Naoto (well, to the dead Naoto though xD;;)

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Oct 2nd, '08, 12:13

ahh yes it's a subjective point of view about the camerawork, i mean i don't mind the shaking during the snatching of the gun but when they were talking Serizawa wasn't as pumped is Naruse so the feelings and mood of the two we're different so to me the camerawork of adrenaline action pumped-ness isn't needed, esp when Naruse is telling Serizawa how he has nothing left to lose i expect a "silence before the storm" hence not shaky camera work and then leading to gradual shakyness ofc not sudden shakyness when they go for the gun.

I just made an excuse that the cameraman was also breaking down and crying and thus losing composure LOL

and about the slow motion i'm not that bothered since they slowed it down when Serizawa got shot that's typical of any "shock" moment after the adrenaline of grappling over the gun. So a shift from real time to just slowed down emphasis shock.

i don't want to watch the Korean version despite everyones much approved reviews since i prefer Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma more =p

mistery_priestess

Post by mistery_priestess » Oct 2nd, '08, 12:33

hun_wun_gal wrote:i don't want to watch the Korean version despite everyones much approved reviews since i prefer Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma more =p
That I can understand pretty well XD!! Oh-chan's Naruse is the level of awesomness XD!
and by the way I didn't like korean version xD though truth said, depends on person's taste xD

...thread is kind of dead after the end of drama, so I see xD;;;

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:27

hey guys.. it was really interesting to read your thoughts and imaginations :D

and here is mine:
.. i am done with the drama.. but i really find it hard to explain my thoughts...!
hmm there was something missing.. i don't know what is it ??!!! but i can feel it XD
I LOVED the drama but I can't say that I'm 100% satisfied with it..!
maybe it was short (11 eps is normal yah but the final ep. at least needed to be longer) !?
maybe many coincidences were there !? ( the last ex. was the death of the father)
maybe there were many fake tears from Ohno!! (the maou himself was crying a lot !!! didn't like this idea XD)
--- hmm his tears were not coming from his eyes ..!? XD ----

anyway lots of maybes we have XD and maybe this is what make us feel not very satisfied.. !
I will not care much if Maou didn't get the Best Drama- Award this season although it's my fav. this season :P ... but I will really get mad if Ohno Satoshi didn't win the Best Actor-Award..! :@ I think his expressions were SUPER perfect

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:46

hun_wun_gal wrote:
1) Too much evil staring and evil walking-away suspense from Naruse, too much shocked staring from Serizawa.
YES, I DO FEEL THE SAME XD
this was a bit a annoying,, but i believe it was important for some scenes
PLUS that scenes from the 11 years ago incident.. :unsure:

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Oct 4th, '08, 14:40

I've just watched Maou episode 11 yesterday and i thought it was awesome

I really loved Ikuta's acting, all through the drama his reactions were so realistic, but as 4 Ohno i thought his acting was not that good at the beginning but then bit by bit his acting gradually improved (i didn't really mind that bec it's his first role and all) so i think both of them deserve an award but if only one of them was 2 get it i'd prefer it goes 2 >>>>>>Ohno(just 4 support)
as 4 the last episode
I was quite surprised 2 find many ppl somehow guessed the ending(ofc other than the ppl who had watched the korean version) bec i really didn't see that coming. but i really have 2 admit that the last scene was unbelievably good, i mean both of them surpassed all their acting through the whole drama in that one highly difficult scene don't u think? I cried sooooo much i got a headache afterwards.
but i have one complaint; why do they have 2 ruin the last part with that last shot of shiori getting a vision when touching the Harmonica??? I mean all the the audience at that time must be still touched from the last scene with both of them dying, but then this scene comes in and ruins it making us try 2 guess what she saw. if what some ppl mentioned above is true and there actually will be extra parts in the DVD box, i think that proves my theory; and that is the idea they had of making the last scene open with a riddle is..... MONEY.....it's so obvious all they want is 2 gain more money bec everyone will be wanting 2 buy the DVD box once it comes out on sale,, or am i wrong?? :unsure:
anyway, i totally hated that scene and felt it was totally unnecessary.
It was so funny reading some ppl's comments abt the camerawork at the confrontation scene, i have 2 admit that i too noticed that the camera was shacking so much(i'm used 2 that in many dramas anyway) but i think that ppl actually noticing the thing or even getting bothered by it like some ppl mentioned above, only means that whatever the idea of using that technique in that specific scene was, that it was not quite a success,.
I do agree with everyone, the drama is really not getting what it desrves, but i don't really pay much mind 2 the viewer ratings bec imo i think it irrelevent with deciding whether the drama is good or bad. so although other dramas this season may have got higher ratings I would really wish this drama gets an award 4 best drama bec it does really deserve it :wub:

SaKuRaKu

Post by SaKuRaKu » Oct 4th, '08, 21:05

Oh my .. this Ending really cried me alot !! :cry:
there's no words to explain my thoughts .. just from seeing them dead beside each other

Honto sugoi ne ..
I do agree with everyone, the drama is really not getting what it desrves, but i don't really pay much mind 2 the viewer ratings bec imo i think it irrelevent with deciding whether the drama is good or bad. so although other dramas this season may have got higher ratings I would really wish this drama gets an award 4 best drama bec it does really deserve it
yeah .. i totally agree with u .. i didn't care much about ratings cuz i feel angry when i see another stupid drama gettin higher than maou ( without mention any :mrgreen: )

11% ,, I said i don't care , alright ! :-(

btw. i'm just a new member here , Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :wub:

plumblossoms

Post by plumblossoms » Oct 4th, '08, 21:59

Hello, a newbie at the thread ^^ I've been wanting to drop by this thread for a while, but I was kind of behind on Maou and was worried about spoilers :p
I hope Maou does get an award, I think it's one of the best dramas I've seen this season compared to code blue.
I think I'm going to go watch the Korean version, I've seen the first two when it came out, but it didn't catch my attention...and then I stumbled upon the Japanese version and I fell in love :D Does anyone know when the DVD box will be out?

artsyfoxy

Post by artsyfoxy » Oct 5th, '08, 18:08

i LOVE this drama! <3 ikuta toma; <3 ohno satoshi

lol i thought the girl didnt look very japanese. her eyes were really big. o.o

lemonguy

Post by lemonguy » Oct 11th, '08, 14:53

Is there any special to Maou? Cos at the end, the girl touch the harmonica and she seem to see something that suprise her.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 11th, '08, 18:01

lemonguy wrote:Is there any special to Maou? Cos at the end, the girl touch the harmonica and she seem to see something that suprise her.
hmm no until now..... it would be strange to have a SP
because the two heroes were dead XD but who knows..!
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Oct 12th, '08, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Oct 12th, '08, 00:24

lemonguy wrote:Is there any special to Maou? Cos at the end, the girl touch the harmonica and she seem to see something that suprise her.
there won't be any SP but the extra scenes will be included in the DVD. They did mentioned about Shiori final revelation in the DVD promo. I think ganstream explained about it some pages back.

arrr.. what with all the spoilers you guys. now everybody knows the ending.:glare:
Please use the spoiler tag. You know, that button with the word "Spoiler" on it. Highlight and click. Its easy. :whistling:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 12th, '08, 04:35

aaaaaah gomen XD
I've edited it ^^

becky_49

Post by becky_49 » Oct 14th, '08, 00:13

Congrats to the Maou cast, they really swept the awards! Omedetou gozaimasu O-chan! A very deserving win for Best Actor!

:lol :lol

SaKuRaKu

Post by SaKuRaKu » Oct 14th, '08, 01:46

Maou certainly should win 8)
no matter what the rating is ..
BANZAII :cheers:

congratulations to all of MAOU team .. especially Ohno - kun ^_^
he deserve it

seems I started becoming a fan of him .lol :mrgreen:

really i'm soo happy

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Oct 16th, '08, 08:52

Maou team really really really deserved it! :cheers:
And Im s0o pr0ud of 0h-chAn! :wub:

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Oct 16th, '08, 09:01

I would've been surprised if he hadn't won one. Good news!

nozomi05

Post by nozomi05 » Oct 23rd, '08, 10:01

i just started watching maou and much as i like Toma-kun, he's acting in this could have been better. watched 3 episodes already and all i can think of is he is yelling all the time.

i'm sure anger and frustrations can be conveyed without having to yell all the time. its kinda irritating at times and when i look at Ohno, his make-up doesn't look natural and its kinda distracting.

other than the two things i mentioned above. i am liking this series a lot. the pace is good, the dialog is not cheesy.. i'm still reserving my judgment if i really would like this series till the end.

legolasidkarlo

Post by legolasidkarlo » Oct 23rd, '08, 10:36

gah! almost all the characters died
i really thought i wouldn't like this series
kyaa~ though the ending was a cliff hanger i wonder what shiori-chan saw...

freack

Post by freack » Oct 26th, '08, 08:17

I am watchiing Maou finished 3rd part .. so far i like the scenario and i love ikuta Toma but some things are subtle for like like Toma runs everywhere every episode like he is Roadrunner as i said id dint finished all series

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Oct 26th, '08, 09:10

@nozomi05 & freack: Trust me, it gets better and better. Continue watching it. <3

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 26th, '08, 21:14

I think it speaks volumes for Maou that I've already watched it twice, despite having other subbed drama episodes from this summer still sitting unfinished on my HD. :P
Toma definitely did do a lot of running and screaming. Sometimes I got a bit tired watching him. LOL But he was pretty good in this one, and it was nice to see him playing a part that was different from "the nice, funny guy who doesn't get the girl".
Not that he got the girl here either... but from a certain perspective I suppose he got the guy since Naruse did pick Naoto over Shiori rather than backing away from his revenge.

Ohno was brilliant from start to finish! :wub: He really deserved that award (as did Maou). Hope we get more Ohno dramas in the future!

Koyama

Post by Koyama » Oct 28th, '08, 22:31

i've waited a long time to see this dorama and i really enjoyed it altough it was real hard stuff, esp. the ending. toma and ohno both did great jobs ^^ ...

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 1st, '08, 17:51

I have now finished this drama.
I have a question about episode 9 (about 10 mins into it)
I kept wondering if/why didn't Naoto recognize the footsteps of Naruse? Naruse left Souda's cellphone on when he walked away.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Nov 1st, '08, 18:46

Keiko1981 wrote:I have now finished this drama.
I have a question about episode 9 (about 10 mins into it)
I kept wondering if/why didn't Naoto recognize the footsteps of Naruse? Naruse left Souda's cellphone on when he walked away.

Not sure if you're implying that Naoto didn't hear the footsteps or that the footsteps should have been able to help him indict Naruse in some way. :scratch:

He sure seemed like he heard those footsteps to me. (though there's no way he could prove they were from Naruse; any hard soled shoe would make that sound on that warehouse floor.) The footsteps are part of what made Naoto panic so much and call Souda's name over and over. It was obvious that Amano Makoto was sending him a message about Souda, but he also couldn't tell if there might still be a chance to save his friend. (The loanshark collector friend was still alive though unable to communicate when Naoto found him, afterall.)

That was my take on it at least.

shadowxp

Post by shadowxp » Nov 5th, '08, 19:11

a very good drama indeed!

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Nov 19th, '08, 01:55

ryoko11 wrote:
Not that he got the girl here either... but from a certain perspective I suppose he got the guy since Naruse did pick Naoto over Shiori rather than backing away from his revenge.
He got the guy? haha I never thought of that, but it's true!
This drama was verrrrry good. I think the second half surpassed the first half in the level of awesomeness. The drama and evilness was fantastic, Toma's hair was unimaginably hot, and Ohno surprised me. haha

I was looking on crunchyroll and there was this one thread with a poll on who had the better acting, Ohno or Toma, and it was pretty much the battle of the fangirls, and Ohno of course won since he has a bigger fanbase because of Arashi. I am both a Toma fagirl and an Ohno fangirl, most definitely more of a Toma fangirl, but with acting I am very objective. If Toma was a crap actor, I wouldn't be as big a fan as I am. Nevertheless, I think Toma was the best. Not to say Ohno was bad, but I believe he could have given more to Naruse. Toma was able to portray Naoto's emotions better
like when you can just tell by the look in his eye he was pissed when his father died
, but Ohno didn't capture that. But Toma really seems to have a gift for acting, so it would be hard for people to compete with him.

Both kicked ass in the last scene, though. Hands down. I was :O the entire time.

The last scene was odd thought, and I think the drama would have been better off if it had been taken out.[/spoiler]

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 19th, '08, 02:52

infundibuliform wrote:... but with acting I am very objective.
nope. you're not.

Toma was good but Ohno is the better actor, hands down.
The best man did won and I hope Ohno will win more award for this.

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 19th, '08, 03:51

I also think Ohno outdid Toma...
Although Toma was convincing, there is something about his acting that feels a tad bit too rush and jumpy... Not that I am saying Ohno's acting in Maou is superb either... its just that this time around, other than the over the top theatrical evil gaze...(my take of course), he shines more

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Nov 19th, '08, 05:01

What was it that made Ohno act better than Toma in Maou?

After reading my post, I see how I didn't portray how I was being objective, so I'll try to explain myself. lol

I noticed that Ohno and Maou acted each other out in one half of the drama more than the other. Ohno was best in the first have because I didn't like Toma's drop to the floor and screaming bit, and Ohno rocked the "but they only did self-defense" lines. However, Toma was best in the second half because he was better able to convey emotions, thus making himself more believable.

What made me not think Ohno was the better, in the whole, was how he pretty much gave Naruse two faces. That angelic "What, me?" kind of face and the evil stare. That can only go so far. I recognize that Naruse is a calm guy, but even the most laid back people have more than a couple looks. Toma had a more act now, think later character, and he effectively showed the act now, think later. Naoto would find a card, go, "Oh...crap. Amano strikes again!!" and sprint off to gather info, and Toma was able to capture Naoto's unease with waiting for answers or dealing wit the consequenses of acting rashly. Toma was able to pull off Naoto's personality and reactions better than Ohno did. Toma was able to get expression and characteristics of Naoto better than Ohno for Naruse.
In the final showdown between Naoto and Naruse where Naruse wanted Naoto to shoot him, both Ohno and Toma acted exceptionally well. Both were able to pull me into the scene and have the suspense on high. Both conveyed their characters extremely well, but if I had to pick which character I was watching more than the other, that would be Naoto. Because Toma had the rage, inner dilemma, and fear Naoto felt down. Honestly, before Naruse began to beg for Naoto to shoot him, I was I debating how a guy stabbed in the stomach should act when he had been sitting on a bench and walking for a while, but I shrugged that off for Naruse wanting to be strong when he faced Naoto, the adrenaline from the situation taking away the pain, and an error in film making that is inevitable. I guess that was more of a goof than a fault on Ohno's part, since Toma and Kasai both died instantly with close to the same wounds, and the little brother too had the same wound Naruse had.
But, yeah. I thought Toma acted better.

evigsinne

Post by evigsinne » Nov 19th, '08, 13:01

I thought this drama was superb. Ohno and Toma both performed very well, although I must admit that I did think Ohno was the better of the two. I came into Maou not expecting much from Ohno, since this was his first lead role (I am choosing not to count the movies he starred in with the rest of Arashi), but he absolutely blew me away. The acting was understated and subtle, not overacted like I've noticed a lot of popular young idols have a tendency to do. I felt like he balanced the role perfectly and managed to create a sympathetic character out of a "devil". I would love to see him in another drama soon.
Toma was good as well, but I think that he has room to grow as an actor. I felt that he was walking a fine line, and sometimes he was quite good, but other times he just didn't quite nail it. I do think that he has the potential to become an actual good actor though, not just a pretty face to draw ratings. Hopefully he'll have more opportunity to stretch himself in the future.

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 21st, '08, 09:14

How can Japanese people not love this show? It's AWESOME. Both Toma and Ohno were brilliant. I have to say that Ohno was better. But Toma was not bad either. He really made the role. I love them both.

iamx

Post by iamx » Nov 24th, '08, 19:32

I haven't seen this yet,but I heard it's really awesome. I checked for trailer and it seems very good.

Vider

Post by Vider » Dec 1st, '08, 02:58

The last scene in the final episode had me thinking: uwah... what did she see? Some kind of left-over memory that would have rendered everything that both Naoto and Naruse did, meaningless... ?

What do you think she saw?

Nayuu

Post by Nayuu » Dec 2nd, '08, 16:10

i was also like this :scratch: but i think ohnos wound was still not as deep as kansais or hideos... and a shoot is a shoot. so it is possible, without any mistakes, that he was able to go this far before he died. and if he went to a hospital i think he would be saved easily. just, if you do nothing at all.. ya. and the acting was good but i liked ohnos better than tomas.. maybe because toma really FAILED as a detectiv - my opinion - cuz there was no passion showed in his acting, for his job, his life... even at the end, when his brother and father died - n o t h i n g - so much dead in such a short time isn't this easy to handle and it is just lazy to turn him in a man who seeks a lil bit revenge.
all in all an awesome dorama and the best ending ever... no one left who should die, fairplay

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 2nd, '08, 16:32

Vider wrote:
The last scene in the final episode had me thinking: uwah... what did she see? Some kind of left-over memory that would have rendered everything that both Naoto and Naruse did, meaningless... ?

What do you think she saw?
i was wondering about the same thing too! i was like... is there a MAOU 2? :blink lolz...