Makeup used in dramas?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Ichiya

Makeup used in dramas?

Post by Ichiya » Sep 4th, '08, 09:34

I don't know if this was the right sub-forum to post this but...

I was wondering for a really long time what brand(s) of makeup are used in j-dramas that always give the actor/actress that very smooth/clear complexion in dramas, without looking like makeup at all... it looks so natural.

Does anyone know???

I want to get makeup like that but maybe it might be out of my league... :S

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Sep 4th, '08, 13:47

Maybe the brand is put in the credits? I never really read the credits with all the brands.

Ichiya

Post by Ichiya » Sep 4th, '08, 22:54

Maybe... but it's so hard to tell of which brand was used for what sometimes. ><

Hmm...

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Sep 4th, '08, 23:36

True but I'm sure it's the same used everywhere, the top brands. If they had any "special recipe" for makeup, I'm sure Hollywood would be all over it too. Just what I think.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Sep 4th, '08, 23:39

MAC seems to be popular in the entertainment business, not sure about Asia though.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Sep 5th, '08, 00:10

Never forget the skill of the person putting on the make-up. It's amazing what make-up artists can do to create effects, natural or otherwise. I'd bet that's as much or more the key to how good it looks than the specific product(s) used.

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 5th, '08, 02:44

toyotaku wrote:Never forget the skill of the person putting on the make-up. It's amazing what make-up artists can do to create effects, natural or otherwise. I'd bet that's as much or more the key to how good it looks than the specific product(s) used.
yes good point!

i saw some people, they used expensive make up but not so good :mrgreen:

Ichiya

Post by Ichiya » Sep 5th, '08, 09:30

Oh yes, that's another vital point as well! Hmm... I wonder if there are any tutorials or anything for drama or tv makeup... o_O

I guess the lighting would probably have to be considered as well... and of course, any airbrushing during the editing. hm.

Rzarekt

Post by Rzarekt » Sep 7th, '08, 00:13

...shiseido ^^

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Sep 7th, '08, 00:25

Also remember that makeup that looks good on stage or on camera is not always going to look that good in the "real world". :blink

hey9

Post by hey9 » Sep 7th, '08, 01:21

I've heard makeup used in tv and movies is REALLY heavy which is why people with not so great skin look flawless onscreen, but it isn't the greatest thing to put on your skin. I agree with TofuQueen.

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Sep 7th, '08, 02:52

1. Most if not all use "High definition makeup" along with airbrushing. High definition makeup contains light reflectors :cheers: The light reflectrs gives the skin a flawless look :cheers: Mature skin WILL look younger :cheers:
Smashbox, Cargo and Makeup Forever all carry High Definition Makeup.Check out your local Sephora
The Smashbox stuff is good :thumright: the owners are the great grandsons of Max Factor. He was a old Hollywood makeup artist.
2. LIGHTING LIGHTING LIGHTING. IT really should be first BUT this about makeup
3. SKIN PEELS AND SKIN LIGHTENERS
4. BOTOX BOTOX BOTOX BOTOX AND MORE BOTOX
:crazy: NOT JUST FOR MATURE ACTORS
I myself like mineral makeup