Worst K-Drama Ending

Discuss Korean drama series here.
*member*

Worst K-Drama Ending

Post by *member* » May 2nd, '08, 04:58

this came to mind cause I've been seeing my fair share of dramas and the start really good, very creative but the ending falls flat :-(

my picks are:

1. lovers in Paris. the inspiration for this topic i mean come on i had to look up what it meant cause i was just puzzled

2. all the dramas that involved dying at the end such as stairways to heaven, the snow queen, a love to kill. we suffer through out the hole thing to kill them at the end not fair.

as always looking forward to your answers.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » May 2nd, '08, 05:12

Sang-doo, Let's go to school...
the "deaths" at the end seemed especially pointless since they left it ambigous as to whether they really died. I was especially pissed as this was the third time in the drama that the female lead just walked into the street w/o looking, do people in Korea just not look both ways/ do the drivers not use their brakes?? it just seemed a waste that they were finally going to be together but died for no good reason...i suppose the last scene meant they were happy together in heaven :glare: that doesn't cut it for me

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » May 2nd, '08, 14:38

1. Oh Pil Seung and Soon Young - it was a very good drama from the start up to the 2nd to the last episode... IMO the last episode was just dumb for me... the lead actor made chaos in the company and after making a mess, he just left the company... the ending was very blurry and was very disappointing considering the earlier episodes.

sweeteyes

Post by sweeteyes » May 2nd, '08, 16:06

a love to kill,,,is really the worst end i'm watching until now,,,Rain he was crying as fool between her chest until he is dying from cold with her,,,even this is not is like the end just is was like joke ._.

alchocoholic80

Post by alchocoholic80 » May 3rd, '08, 14:59

There are tons but the one that comes to mind now (coz I've just seen it) is War of Money. I watched the couple go through so many hardships like bad debts, loan sharks, gangsters, death of family members and poverty, and just when i thought they would get married and live happily ever after, that had to happen. Urgh, I feel so ripped off!

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » May 3rd, '08, 15:13

OMg...I dont Know why but i just got a feeling that Hong Gil Dong had a weird ending......seriously the drama was soo amazing thta i cant describe it with words only feelings....BUT It had an unexpected ending but becoz of that its not a bad ending

1.Crazy for Love....Wacky ending!!!
- Do I Know U?
- Yes
- Hehe...i had a feeling that i did.....
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??????

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 3rd, '08, 16:07

Too many to mention.

As much as I love K-dramas, I find the vast majority of them have very poor endings. Not just the very end but also the episodes leading to the ending. I'm always relieved whenever the end approaches so I can start up an exciting, new drama.

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » May 4th, '08, 12:34

yup...
do agree with you kobe23...
K-dramas are very exciting at first and at the near ending...
but at the very ending..they just really looked at the couple and yet the stories about their families and friends that was being storied from the first are not told...
not fair..little bit selfish though..
i really see this in Full House and Witch Yoo Hee...

ya well...i guess..it's really hard to make a good ending!

v(^_^)v

arabian

Post by arabian » May 4th, '08, 13:25

sweeteyes wrote:a love to kill,,,is really the worst end i'm watching until now,,,Rain he was crying as fool between her chest until he is dying from cold with her,,,even this is not is like the end just is was like joke ._.
totally agree with u , I regret even watching the drama even that it was at the begining good but the ending is really suck.. in this drama Bi was really Handsome & Hot :lol

Astralwerks

Post by Astralwerks » May 5th, '08, 16:10

I'm with you, the dramas usually start out nicely, then, especially if it's a longer series, it'll drag for some episodes, then the ending is usually sub-par or anti-climactic...

From the last 3 series I've seen (Hong Gil Dong, Fireworks, and The Devil)...Hong Gil Dong was probably the one that made me annoyed the most. :glare:

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 6th, '08, 19:05

kobe23 wrote:Too many to mention.

As much as I love K-dramas, I find the vast majority of them have very poor endings. Not just the very end but also the episodes leading to the ending. I'm always relieved whenever the end approaches so I can start up an exciting, new drama.
I agree. Actually it's halfway that many dramas turn boring. It happened with My Girl, Dal Ja's Spring, 1% of anything, Sweet 18, Coffe Prince and list goe son

Actually ending is one of the most important moments because if it's good then you will have a good aftertaste. For example when Goong S turned too serious it was kind of meh but the ending was so cute that it actually made me feel better about the whole drama.

I didn't like Dal Ja's Spring ending because well... why did they have to have that 2 years later thing. Just how old was she 35?!!

A love to kill
this is probably the worst ending ever. Main characters died for no reason. NO REASON!!
lobbyist
though it was a bit unclear. Did Harry die and was the ending actually a dream? or did he survive and was the ending his dream come true? Personally I thought at first that he survived because this drama didn't have any great logic in it. But then again xx years later wasn't mentioned and many things were left open. I never thought about it but someone mentioned that it may be a dream. But I think it wasn't. I wish it were because Harry dying would have been a great ending!
About Sang Doo's ending
I think it was a good ending. They definitely died because after they died, I don't remember that well but, I think it was mentioned that they died.

I wasn't satisfied with the ending of My Love Pazzi. I knew whom she ended up with but *GAH!* it was too open!!

My sister in law is 19... Well it was too hasty. They cold have slown down a bit. And it was kind of open too.

nooblet245

Post by nooblet245 » May 7th, '08, 01:58

sang-doo's ending really pissed me off. i mean come on! they couldve just left the last 2 mins but NOOOO they had to follow the trend that time.

xbatio66

Post by xbatio66 » May 7th, '08, 02:23

full house

my girl's ending is not great but it's also not the worst...

coffee prince - if they plan to make a 2nd season then the finale of the 1st season is ok, but if they don't make a 2nd season then it's a bad ending

alchocoholic80

Post by alchocoholic80 » May 7th, '08, 19:09

maakopla wrote:I didn't like Dal Ja's Spring ending because well... why did they have to have that 2 years later thing. Just how old was she 35?!!
I actually thought Dal Ja's Spring had one of the better endings for a kdrama. I'm no fan of the "-- years later" in dramas either but in this case, I thought it was somewhat necessary to show that there really isn't anything wrong with being over 30 and single if you're happy with your life. Countless kdramas make the whole 30-but-single dilemma out to be a bit of a death sentence so I actually liked it that Dal Ja went ahead overseas for those 2 years for the sake of her own career when everyone else was telling her to get hitched. I mean, she came back 35 but she finally had everything she wanted, including the guy.

And I guess i'm in the minority here but I liked the ending of hong gil dong :P I dont see how they could have ended it differently since both male characters were equally headstrong and had different ambitions.

Did anyone see SIngle Dad in Love? Now that was a crap ending.

ekay

Post by ekay » May 8th, '08, 06:56

there are many to mention..but here are some:

1.Hong Gil Dong..not sure how to say this..but i cried my lungs out...isn't there anyway better ending for this one??
2.A love to kill..haha..21th century version of Romeo and Juliet
3.Coffee Prince..lack of detail..oversimplified
4.Goong..just like coffe prince
5.My sister in law is 19.. one of my fav drama but the ending was just crap...i hoped there was season 2 but too bad..the main actress is killed herself.. :cry:

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 8th, '08, 07:03

alchocoholic80 wrote:I actually thought Dal Ja's Spring had one of the better endings for a kdrama. I'm no fan of the "-- years later" in dramas either but in this case, I thought it was somewhat necessary to show that there really isn't anything wrong with being over 30 and single if you're happy with your life.
I agree. The "2 years later" deal was actually necessary in this case, it's not just one of those whims on the part of the script writer. Here, I think they're trying to show that instead of forcing the relationship and trying to push marriage ahead, Dal Ja's matured over the course of the drama and she's learnt to step back and let things flow. That's why they showed how both of them kept just missing the other when they deliberately sought each other out; if they let things run naturally, they'll meet up in the end if that's their fate.

It's not as sappily romantic as other kdramas, but I rather liked the message they were trying to convey. The whole "age gap" issue faded into the background there.
alchocoholic80 wrote:Did anyone see SIngle Dad in Love? Now that was a crap ending.
How did that go? I was curious after I saw the ratings for the show (they were fairly tragic). Ending spoiler please? :lol

alchocoholic80

Post by alchocoholic80 » May 8th, '08, 09:30

Hanjae wrote:How did that go? I was curious after I saw the ratings for the show (they were fairly tragic). Ending spoiler please? :lol
Ratings were tragic for good reason. Sorry to the people who enjoyed it but I just felt like the whole series lacked that special something and it turned into a bit of a snoozefest. I stayed with it hoping it'd pick up but it never did.
The single daddy, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour in earlier episodes, decides to go in for surgery and spends a good part of the episode settling his affairs and saying goodbye to the various people in his life. This is where it gets weird for me. Instead of telling his son the truth (the son doesn't know his dad is ill), he lies and says he's going off for training!!!! Son begs him not to go, more tears & goodbyes... then single daddy heads off to the beach with his girlfriend who follows him around with a camcorder, recording single dad running around doing "training" stuff. It is later implied that single dad did not make it through the surgery as the son and his friends are now watching said recording of single dad. Dad tells son all about his training and new coach in the recording and how he'll train harder yadda yadda yadda. Son is delighted, friends are happy. The end.

Yeah, we all know he lied to his son to protect him, but did it not occur to anyone that the son might question his father's whereabouts say, when he never returned from training?! The supposedly caring and loving single dad just set his son up for a lifetime of therapy if you ask me.

microworm

Post by microworm » May 9th, '08, 21:25

There are indeed quite a number of KDrama with crap ending.
Money Warfare - espeically the last 2 episode when the lead actor suddenly became successful and then be stabbed to death.
Paris Lover had a weird ending; I rather it ended with the leading actor and actress meeting each other in Paris again and not have those last few weird scenes.

mitch16

Post by mitch16 » Jun 7th, '08, 15:52

hong gil dong ending was disappointing....

so he actually died...?

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jun 12th, '08, 01:24

1. The Legend (The First King's Four Guardians/Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi) -- brilliant OP but the ED was meh. The ending seemed even more lackluster when I read the supposed conclusion that shoulda/woulda/coulda been filmed, but just wasn't.

2. Sweet Spy -- It was really funny in the beginning, funnier than any other dramas I've seen to date. Then from the middle to the end, it ran out of steam. And @ the very end, it was like, huh? It just left you hanging like, o...k...? (is there a season 2??) :scratch:

Iki_Iki_Banaan

Post by Iki_Iki_Banaan » Jun 15th, '08, 22:06

i am sam, lol a 18 year old kid ending up with an ugly old teacher naaaaaaaaaaaaaah sucked, but actually the whole drama was crappy..

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 15th, '08, 22:38

ackirom wrote:1. The Legend (The First King's Four Guardians/Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi) -- brilliant OP but the ED was meh. The ending seemed even more lackluster when I read the supposed conclusion that shoulda/woulda/coulda been filmed, but just wasn't.
ahahahaha... I know. Legend was pure awesome until the last like 2 minuets. Me and my cousin watched it together and we just kind of sat there in shock... then both screamed.
There was this huge build and then right when there should be the peak... it just stopped. It was like they went... meh I'm tired of filming, lets just stop now.
We were both pissed for a while after that. I mean that riveting, beautiful show that had us marathoning it because it was that good.... was sort of dampened by the lame, abrupt ending.

That and... Dam Duk totally lied. He chases her down and tells her she can never leave his side again only to leave her to go to heaven on a spontaneous whim? I would have been so pissed if I was her. lol

Frendyonline

Post by Frendyonline » Jun 15th, '08, 22:45

[quote="mitch16"]hong gil dong ending was disappointing....

I don't like it either, but it's acceptable.

The Legend
Emperor Of The Sea( The ending ruined the whole series for me. I wish I didn't see it.)
Nine Tail Fox( The ending makes sense but I'm just having trouble accepting it, it's too depressing. They could have easily come up with a happy ending.)

tazanya

Post by tazanya » Jun 25th, '08, 03:01

My top two would be

Snow in August -- horrible, sad, depressing, the whole show should have ended at ep 14

War of Money -- too outrageous of an ending

sannouna

Post by sannouna » Jun 27th, '08, 12:50

for me i love this type of end
the sad end is somethig original
now i'm searching for a sad korean drama
can you advice me
i've seen
a love to kill
snow queen
i'm sorry i love you
sad love story
tree of heaven
stairway yo heaven

waiting for your advice

Sak

Post by Sak » Jun 29th, '08, 00:20

I've just a few minutes ago have finished watching Hong Gil Dong and I must say that it's one of the worst ending I have ever come across in a Kdrama that I have seen so far. Really dissapointed with it.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 29th, '08, 03:03

I must say, Tokyo Showers' ending wasn't that good. It kinda just ended like that, I was a little disappointed. Winter Sonata's ending was just blah, though I still loved it at the same time. DX It just ended like that, too!

smoke7

Post by smoke7 » Jun 29th, '08, 03:50

By far the worsts is Snow in August.

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Jun 29th, '08, 14:02

i dont like the ending of hong gil dong..
all good until the ending.. really disappointed..

snoopypal

Post by snoopypal » Jun 29th, '08, 15:12

I was also disappointed with how Sweet Spy ended but the show itself fell off the tracks about midway through when it lost its sense of humour and became a dire thriller. When that happened all the absurdities of the show that I had previously been willing to forgive became pretty glaring. The ending highlighted all of the plot and character weaknesses of the show. It seemed to somehow set up a sequel but it was so convoluted.

Also We're Dating Now. Not that the ending to the show wasn't the correct way to end the story, but the show should have ended after about 8 episodes! After that, all the episodes were either a rehash of the story or filled with endless flashbacks.

aziatik

Post by aziatik » Jun 30th, '08, 07:20

+1 Oh Pil Seung and Soon Young.
+1 Stairway to Heaven

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 30th, '08, 22:55

Witch Yoo Hee definitely. At least if someone had died, it would've been more satisfying.

EmiriVII

Post by EmiriVII » Jul 1st, '08, 05:15

Coffee Prince
Very little detail. Also, it seemed as if Eun Chan's character changed too much after she came back all feminine as a woman. I felt she had more charm when she was tomboyish, so it was a bit disappointing. She was too kissy/clingy in the end...
I'm sure I'll have more endings to moan about when I watch more dramas. Haha. xD

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 17th, '08, 18:58

A Love to Kill had the crappiest ending. I was sitting there watching it, and then that's IT? At least after all they went through I wanted them to be happy. geez.

ayekachan06

Stairway to Heaven & A love to Kill

Post by ayekachan06 » Jul 17th, '08, 19:11

The Top 2 would be A love to Kill & Stairway to Heaven

A love the Kill is just like WTF they die together under a tree when they didnt have too

&
Stairway to Heaven where she gets hit by a car, loses her memory, gets eye cancer, forgets her boyfriend, bother gives her his eyes, then he dies , and at the end she still DIES
That drama is the worst in my book

No the less good actors, and interesting to watch
Attachments
Love to Kill Bi.jpg
Love to Kill Bi.jpg (42.51 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
Stairway to Heaven.jpg
Stairway to Heaven.jpg (88.27 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 17th, '08, 19:27

Stairway to Heaven was okay to watch, and it was sad. I liked it for a while but then I didn't because the storyline made no sense to me. It was just too dramatic and not realistic. There were just too many things happening, and it made me feel like the story was the way it was so people could grab their tissue boxes and cry over it.

MeLu

Post by MeLu » Jul 17th, '08, 19:58

In fact, the ending of Hong Gil Dong was quite sad, but it was actually OK...
My HUGE frustration actually comes from... the opening scene of the drama! I'm really disappointed that it was in fact nowhere in the story. I loved this scene, it's my favourite so far and I've watched it like 10 times.
IMO, they shouldn't have broadcast it if they were killing them in the end... and in case the Hong sisters didn't decide of the end at that moment, we should have seen this "scene period" somewhere before killing them.

God, I'm so angry, just about that! :x :glare: :x :glare: :x

conmeocho

Post by conmeocho » Jul 22nd, '08, 11:20

Money Warfare, i hated the ending, he just died and nobody helped him... the old guy killed him when the whole thing starting with him.
If that guy hadn't hounded his father and do debts and stuff wouldnt lead =/=> the guy being homeless =/=> starts to get interested in being loan shark =/=> ruining the loan shark guy. it was his own undoing and yet he killed the main character... sad
Single father in love
His son had brain tumor, and usually, normal ppl would get the parents checked up too, cus it could be hereditary. It's like nuuuuu, they could have had a happy life together
Que sera sera, I'm sorry but the whole thing was like going back and forth and then suddenly bam its done, don't like it.

Dinty

Post by Dinty » Jul 22nd, '08, 23:28

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I'm sorry I love you was pretty cruddy. Actually the whole series was pretty crappy and I think it's overrated by some people.

Yea it was sad, and storyline was a good idea, but the way they did it and excuted it made the drama sorta stupid and it somewhat didn't make sense. But whatever.

bulyongjun

worst korean ending and better ending

Post by bulyongjun » Jul 24th, '08, 15:52

1> stairway to heaven --> he suicide to give his eye for a woman who doesn't loves him and that women die anyway. geez

2> single dad in love--> all about tumor and the ending not clear
3> a love to kill--> rain die
4> stained glass -->oh my GOD the main actor and actress is brother and sister, and after all they friend kill himself by drowning to the sea... oo gezz

good ending:
1> likeable or not
2> fantasy couple

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Jul 25th, '08, 07:17

conmeocho wrote:Money Warfare, i hated the ending, he just died and nobody helped him... the old guy killed him when the whole thing starting with him.
I actaully liked the ending. It was pretty powerful but so predictable. We actually don't know if he actually died I mean they didn't show us that he actually died. And people knew where he was so probably someone soon found him and called 911 or something. I hope.

xXvietbabiiXx

Post by xXvietbabiiXx » Jul 30th, '08, 06:55

Sweet Spy - horrible ending
it was just a cliff hanger
the criminals didnt get caught
nothing was said about the info in the pen, well her watch now

michca

Post by michca » Aug 5th, '08, 21:00

Gumiho (9 Tailed Fox) - seriously, did that really have to happen to the sister?????? And when the ending scene finally occurred I think I shouted at the screen - at least let someone be a happy cookie!! Ah well, it was a damn good show even with the ending.

Soulmate - I know, I know, don't hate me. This was a great show, but the ending. After all that we never actually get to see anything come to...errr...fruition. BOOOOOOO!!!!

Prince's First Love - oh wait the whole drama sucked. :blink

noonie

Post by noonie » Aug 5th, '08, 21:19

michca wrote:Soulmate - I know, I know, don't hate me. This was a great show, but the ending. After all that we never actually get to see anything come to...errr...fruition. BOOOOOOO!!!!
they ended it that way because they thought they were going to do a second season but the rating were not high enough..they actually have the alternate ending on you tube floating around and it is actually better :salut:

michca

Post by michca » Aug 5th, '08, 21:23

Really??? Ohhh, I will have to find that then. Thanks!!

eyesonlly

Post by eyesonlly » Aug 5th, '08, 21:27

1- a love to kill
2- Coffee Prince
3- single dad in love
4-Powerful Opponents
5- hong gil gong
i was so disappointed by those dramas ending