Post by jj » Nov 4th, '06, 13:54

Why were lyrics posted up?

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Nov 6th, '06, 14:01

jj wrote:Why were lyrics posted up?
someone requested it :)

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Nov 17th, '06, 10:36

has anyone of you guys been to any new years yet???

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Nov 17th, '06, 14:20

Nope. I believe the Milwaukee New Years is this weekend. But I don't think I'll be going because its a bit boring and its the same stuff every year.

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Nov 18th, '06, 00:43

mrs_xaiko wrote:Nope. I believe the Milwaukee New Years is this weekend. But I don't think I'll be going because its a bit boring and its the same stuff every year.

just curious are you married??? thats why its boring? :D

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Nov 18th, '06, 03:29

[quote="just curious are you married??? thats why its boring? :D[/quote]

Yes, I am married. But that's not why I think its boring. I'm just not interested. I'm sure other people like the new years but I'm just not into it. Every year is the same. You walk around look at movies, music, and watch people dance and sing. Maybe grab some papayah then head home. So since I didn't go last year or the year before I don't think I'll be going this year either. Besides I'd rather be working and making myself some money since the holidays are coming soon. :D

kuroku

Post by kuroku » Nov 18th, '06, 04:01

oooh? kuv yog hmoob thiab =) haha kuv tsis paub thias muaj hmoob nyob lub site nos thiab...wow how cools lol

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Nov 21st, '06, 00:27

mrs_xaiko wrote:[quote="just curious are you married??? thats why its boring? :D

Yes, I am married. But that's not why I think its boring. I'm just not interested. I'm sure other people like the new years but I'm just not into it. Every year is the same. You walk around look at movies, music, and watch people dance and sing. Maybe grab some papayah then head home. So since I didn't go last year or the year before I don't think I'll be going this year either. Besides I'd rather be working and making myself some money since the holidays are coming soon. :D[/quote]
mrs_xaiko wrote: i guess when you get old to a certain point of your life the new year do get boring :D

F4-

Post by F4- » Nov 21st, '06, 00:47

Hello... wow some hmong addicts here? Imma Yang. Its nice to meet y'all ^^

aplepy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aplepy » Nov 21st, '06, 17:03

The Colorado New Year is this weekend.... I'll probably be going, but yea like mrs_xaiko says, it's the same every year... I just go and check out what Korean Dramas or movies the Hmong have dubbed this year... :-)

All is welcome to come.... :D :D

Happy ThanksGiving ya'll

yang0837

Post by yang0837 » Nov 30th, '06, 03:31

I was just at the St Paul River Center New Year. As usual, it was overcrowded and loud. The dance performances were as unorginal as always (dude, it's the freakn HMONG New Year! WTF?!); however, there was a lack of drama during the "beauty" pageant (what a relief) this year. All in all, it was a waste of a weekend. :blink I miss the old school small town celebrations. :cry:

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Dec 19th, '06, 07:39

seasons greeting to everybody....may you all have a happy holiday season :-)....

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Dec 19th, '06, 08:07

Do you know what I don't get? How come some Hmong people add the "sta" to their last name? Is it to show there ghetto-side or is it just something they want to do?? Just asking :D

xcy

Post by xcy » Jan 3rd, '07, 01:27

WOW HMONG PEOPLE! HEY ALL! How's it going? Don't see much Hmong people where I live. Miss you all soo much, but i don't miss all the violence and drama. lol. SO i see you can request lyrics in here. LOL just wondering if any one has the lyrics the Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" too lazy to wite it plus i can't write hmong i can only read it.^_^ i see it's common for some hmong kids to be able to read,but not write. it's kind of wierd. oh and one more question since i'm not updated on hmong music and everything esle since i don't live near hmong people and in a state that no one knows what hmong is. i was just wondering if they have a kareoke version of Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" ? if anyon has it would they please be so kind as to post it up. ^_^ thank you and miss you all much!

fuvang

bunch of hmong.... and always bitching....

Post by fuvang » Jan 3rd, '07, 01:53

glad to have met you all here.....I'm from NC....

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 5th, '07, 23:54

where are you from my friend???
xcy wrote:WOW HMONG PEOPLE! HEY ALL! How's it going? Don't see much Hmong people where I live. Miss you all soo much, but i don't miss all the violence and drama. lol. SO i see you can request lyrics in here. LOL just wondering if any one has the lyrics the Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" too lazy to wite it plus i can't write hmong i can only read it.^_^ i see it's common for some hmong kids to be able to read,but not write. it's kind of wierd. oh and one more question since i'm not updated on hmong music and everything esle since i don't live near hmong people and in a state that no one knows what hmong is. i was just wondering if they have a kareoke version of Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" ? if anyon has it would they please be so kind as to post it up. ^_^ thank you and miss you all much!

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 5th, '07, 23:55

how was every1 new year??? did any1 of you came to fresno? anyone got a new year resolution? mine is to pay of my car :D

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 10th, '07, 17:54

hey, kuv yog hmooj thiab es i was watching a kdrama dubbed hmong and i don't know what the name is in korean. the hmong dubb is called "Lub Paj Quam Ntuj" can anyone please tell me what that kdrama is called? uas tsaug

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Jan 10th, '07, 22:33

My New Year's was pretty fun. Just got together with a bunch of friends and had a great time. But I don't have a new year's resolution this year. I always break them anyway. But I guess this year all I want to do is try my best at everything I do, and to be a better person.

xcy

Post by xcy » Jan 11th, '07, 16:26

shadow_vue wrote:hey, kuv yog hmooj thiab es i was watching a kdrama dubbed hmong and i don't know what the name is in korean. the hmong dubb is called "Lub Paj Quam Ntuj" can anyone please tell me what that kdrama is called? uas tsaug
I think the movie that youa re looking for is called, "Heaven's Tree" or "Tree of Heaven" http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tree_of_Heaven . I saw the korean version, but never heard about the hmong version so I did a little research and found a picture from this hmong site http://www.loojceebentertainment.com/im ... umntuj.gif . I saw the movie before so I recognized it right away. I think that this movie was ok. I also like the fact that they give you a chance to learn a little korean and japanese.
Last edited by xcy on Jan 11th, '07, 16:51, edited 3 times in total.

xcy

Post by xcy » Jan 11th, '07, 16:32

Clermont, FL but nobody knows where that is. I live in the suburbs. You rarely see any asian people in clermont and there's only three other hmong family(that rarely do anything). I usually get surprised when I see asian people. It's like wow another asian person. lol.
CAve_MAN wrote:where are you from my friend???
xcy wrote:WOW HMONG PEOPLE! HEY ALL! How's it going? Don't see much Hmong people where I live. Miss you all soo much, but i don't miss all the violence and drama. lol. SO i see you can request lyrics in here. LOL just wondering if any one has the lyrics the Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" too lazy to wite it plus i can't write hmong i can only read it.^_^ i see it's common for some hmong kids to be able to read,but not write. it's kind of wierd. oh and one more question since i'm not updated on hmong music and everything esle since i don't live near hmong people and in a state that no one knows what hmong is. i was just wondering if they have a kareoke version of Daplayers's song called "Tseem Tshauv Ib Txoj Kev" ? if anyon has it would they please be so kind as to post it up. ^_^ thank you and miss you all much!

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 12th, '07, 00:35

xcy wrote:
shadow_vue wrote:hey, kuv yog hmooj thiab es i was watching a kdrama dubbed hmong and i don't know what the name is in korean. the hmong dubb is called "Lub Paj Quam Ntuj" can anyone please tell me what that kdrama is called? uas tsaug
I think the movie that youa re looking for is called, "Heaven's Tree" or "Tree of Heaven" http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tree_of_Heaven . I saw the korean version, but never heard about the hmong version so I did a little research and found a picture from this hmong site http://www.loojceebentertainment.com/im ... umntuj.gif . I saw the movie before so I recognized it right away. I think that this movie was ok. I also like the fact that they give you a chance to learn a little korean and japanese.
omg THANKS!!!! yeah i thought the drama was ok too and i didn't like the fact that they are step bro and sis, its a lil creepy for me, but i kept watching it kuz the guy was cute. ua tsaug os!!!!!!

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 12th, '07, 00:37

hey kuv zoo siab hais tias muaj neeg uas pauj sau ntawv hmooj vim tias i don't know a lot of hmong people that can write in hmong ^^

xcy

Post by xcy » Jan 12th, '07, 02:40

i wish i knew how to write hmong, but even though i can't write hmong, my hmong vocabulary is better than most hmong kids. ^_^ oh well at least i can read, so i'm half way there. you guys can understand my english writing and i understand your hmong writing. at least we reach some point of understanding, but....yeah...yeah... i'm still a disgrace... so from now on for every post that i post up i'm going to make an effort to use at least three hmong words. starting tam sim no. please correct me if i spell any hmong words wrong.

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 14th, '07, 17:42

shadow_vue wrote:hey kuv zoo siab hais tias muaj neeg uas pauj sau ntawv hmooj vim tias i don't know a lot of hmong people that can write in hmong ^^
im not that good at it too...maybe you can teach me how to read and write hmong :D

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 23rd, '07, 03:28

CAve_MAN wrote:
shadow_vue wrote:hey kuv zoo siab hais tias muaj neeg uas pauj sau ntawv hmooj vim tias i don't know a lot of hmong people that can write in hmong ^^
im not that good at it too...maybe you can teach me how to read and write hmong :D
XDD i cant teach u online, nor can i teach at all, i'm a bad teacher.

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 23rd, '07, 03:39

okie another question. i'm watching another hmong dubb drama and i wanted to know what it's called in korean. here's the picture of how the movie looks like;
[url] http://www.loojceebentertainment.com/mu ... s_main.htm [/iurl] ntaim movie nov hus uas Pauv tsis tau lub siab vim txoj kev hlub. if anyone knoes what its called please tell me! ua tsaug
ps. to find the movie i'm talking about go to korean movies and to the last page (9) and you can find the movie

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 23rd, '07, 10:32

where are you from in cali? just curious
shadow_vue wrote:
CAve_MAN wrote:

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 23rd, '07, 10:33

lol it is called [Sweet Spy] a funny drama
shadow_vue wrote:okie another question. i'm watching another hmong dubb drama and i wanted to know what it's called in korean. here's the picture of how the movie looks like;
[url] http://www.loojceebentertainment.com/mu ... s_main.htm [/iurl] ntaim movie nov hus uas Pauv tsis tau lub siab vim txoj kev hlub. if anyone knoes what its called please tell me! ua tsaug
ps. to find the movie i'm talking about go to korean movies and to the last page (9) and you can find the movie

tkhan02

Post by tkhan02 » Jan 23rd, '07, 22:29

xcy wrote:i wish i knew how to write hmong, but even though i can't write hmong, my hmong vocabulary is better than most hmong kids. ^_^ oh well at least i can read, so i'm half way there. you guys can understand my english writing and i understand your hmong writing. at least we reach some point of understanding, but....yeah...yeah... i'm still a disgrace... so from now on for every post that i post up i'm going to make an effort to use at least three hmong words. starting tam sim no. please correct me if i spell any hmong words wrong.
you know xcy, even if someone where write something incorrectly, anyone who reads hmong would understand. unlike the english language. if you know what i mean.

chack

Post by chack » Jan 24th, '07, 17:44

Cool.

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 26th, '07, 05:11

CAve_MAN wrote:where are you from in cali? just curious
shadow_vue wrote:
CAve_MAN wrote:
sac u?

shadow_vue

Post by shadow_vue » Jan 26th, '07, 05:13

CAve_MAN wrote:lol it is called [Sweet Spy] a funny drama
shadow_vue wrote:okie another question. i'm watching another hmong dubb drama and i wanted to know what it's called in korean. here's the picture of how the movie looks like;
thanks, i went through great lengths to find out the name of that video. i jus love dennis in the movie, he's hecka fine. XDDD jk jk

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Feb 4th, '07, 14:43

shadow_vue wrote:
CAve_MAN wrote:where are you from in cali? just curious
shadow_vue wrote:
sac u?
fresno

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Feb 4th, '07, 14:45

shadow_vue wrote:
CAve_MAN wrote:lol it is called [Sweet Spy] a funny drama
thanks, i went through great lengths to find out the name of that video. i jus love dennis in the movie, he's hecka fine. XDDD jk jk
no problem

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 25th, '07, 15:38

hmm, this thread is kind a death too....hi all, just drop by to say hi to everybody....how's everybody's weather?....here in Wis; got hit by a snow storm since last night in my area....wishing everybody a nice day :-)....

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Mar 27th, '07, 00:06

hello my hmong people...where have you all gone to??? anyways happy spring!!!

Ms483836

Post by Ms483836 » May 9th, '07, 22:54

hello hello....

so what is everyone watching now??

im currently infatuated with:

Witch yoo hee
Hello! miss
the Devil

and somewhat

que sera sera

i love eric but the story sortof drag!...im only watching because of..who else? eric!! drools gosh he is hot in this drama!

also i dont know i mean no offense to hmong movies but i cant stand watch dubb hmong stuff...i think its because they keep cutting out parts! and sometimes they change the ending!! i think the Autumn love story hmong dubb killed it for me ..i would rather watch an original hmong movie than a dubb hmong movie...

ahh also do anyone of u guys watch j dramas!?! is there anygood one out there..i just finish hana yori dango a couple months ago..and im looking into a new j drama but cant decided which one is good...anyone have any suggestion!?

mimmi

Post by mimmi » May 14th, '07, 00:55

Hello, hello Hmong, how you all doing?....any Hmong here from Wis?....Is there any up coming soccer tournaments this coming weekends somewhere in Wis?....inquiry mind wants to know :-)....

malljclay

Post by malljclay » May 14th, '07, 01:16

LMBO
interesting

moua_pao_vue

Post by moua_pao_vue » May 14th, '07, 01:32

ohhh its a hmong crowd in d-addicts
lol never knew this, its cool though

kazzr

Post by kazzr » Jun 19th, '07, 02:50

I've been grabbing a few dramas here and decided to check out the forums and came looking for this thread to see if it existed and here it is... :D

I'm a Yang, green, and from St. Paul, MN.
I asked my mother once and she said something about some other dialects being based off of ours, or something like that, so that's why we can understand the other dialects easier.

Anyways, I've studied Japanese for three years and just finished spending a year in South Korea, so I am "okay" with those two languages, but far from fluent. >_>
I still need to start on Chinese.....

misshopeful6

Cool!

Post by misshopeful6 » Jun 19th, '07, 03:22

I'm Hmong and I love watching asian dramas!! However, I wouldn't like them dubbed in hmong cause I love the original voices of the actors. I'm understanding a lil bit of Mandarin here and there. Peace!!

sassy-ladee

Post by sassy-ladee » Jun 19th, '07, 03:29

cools..i didn't know this exists...alot of hmong ppls...interesting ^_^

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jun 21st, '07, 06:08

Happy 1st day of Summer to all of you...and im glad that this forum is up and running again...its been dead for awhile :D have a great summer and be safe!!!

SUPERIOR

Post by SUPERIOR » Jun 28th, '07, 04:16

NYOB ZOO my hmoob peepos :-) i guess we all drama freaks here, huh? ^_^
I'm new here...and a little behind here but I've been a drama freak for long time already.
Anyway, good to see my own kind in here :D and just wanted to say nyob zoo to everyone!
have a happy summer! and be looking forward to the 4th of July! yay! fireworks!!!

angel_xiong9

Post by angel_xiong9 » Jul 11th, '07, 21:29

I'm not too surprised that there are Hmong people interested in these dramas. But it's cool, hey I was curious about what this one guy said about the Miao people in China being able to sing. Damn, how come we don't have many great Hmong singers, well, none that I have approved of. Well, except for a few guys, but no girls so far.

kazzr

Post by kazzr » Jul 11th, '07, 21:33

My sister sings well, but she kind of stopped. =/

angel_xiong9

Post by angel_xiong9 » Jul 12th, '07, 20:09

I would love to see a female Hmong come up to be an American celebrity, it would be interesting. If I had the voice, I would've, but unfortunately I don't.

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Aug 9th, '07, 17:51

Hello hmong peeps...how is everyone summer so far??? mine is going GREAT!!! :D im in hawaii at the moment on the island of oahu...a beach house by sunset beach...im loving it...the weather is nice, the water is nice, the women (wow so many :P and beautiful) lol im having so much fun.

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Aug 10th, '07, 04:46

Dang i been w/d-addicts for a while now i never knew there was other hmong people on the site. WELCOME and Wadup to all :-)

jj

Post by jj » Oct 8th, '07, 02:54

I posted in here about a year+ ago. I still feel weird. Haha.

Well, as for my addiction -- lets just say school & work are eating my time. :]

Hello to all the new members I missed. Welcome. Also, I went strait to the last page. :P

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Nov 13th, '07, 17:26

wow its been so long since i've post in here since summer :P anyways im glad to be back...how's every1??? still an addict lol coz i am...anyone planning to come to fresno new year??? wanna meet up let me know..i'll show ya around.

sky

daoherbt

Post by daoherbt » Nov 13th, '07, 17:58

I'm hmong living in Georgia..

07dramalover

Post by 07dramalover » Feb 10th, '08, 15:06

Wow I didn't realize theres a Hmong community here at d-addicts. This is great :-) . Just want to say hi to all my fellow Hmoobs. Yes I'm also Hmoob. Zoo siab tau nyeem sawv daws cov lus hauv d-addicts no. This would be a good place for everyone to practice their Hmoob while talking about these drama addictions :D . Nej nyiam saib yam drama dab tsi? Kuv nyiam Korean drama tshaj. Tam sim no kuv tab tom saib Yi San, txog episode 41 lawm. Alright, keep this thread going everyone.

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Mar 23rd, '08, 15:36

hello my hmong pepolos...happy easter...happy spring break!!! whatever ya doing...do it safe :P what drama have ya been watching??? i've finished robbers, and starting on who are you :P

07dramalover

Post by 07dramalover » Mar 23rd, '08, 16:25

Happy Easter to you too CAve_MAN!! So glad to finally see a post on this thread after stumbling onto it last month. I was so sad that its so dead :D . Hope more of our fellow Hmongs will come back to this thread. I'm watching Yi San right now. So addicted to the drama its not even funny and they just extended it to76 episodes. Well here's wishing you and our fellow Hmongs at d-addict a wonderful weekend!

aplepy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aplepy » May 2nd, '08, 01:02

hopefully all the hmong will come back and visit.... Great to see this thread picking up again... :D :D

blongi

Post by blongi » May 7th, '08, 01:32

wow. havent been on in a long while. where all the hmong people at? probably watching dramas...lol. well great to see this thread a little active in a while. haven't been watching dramas lately. what's everyone watching? anything new thats good?

Blongi

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » May 18th, '08, 23:08

nyob zoo nyob zoo my hmong peoples :) hows everyone been doing??? anyone headed out of town on memorial day weekend? if so be safe and bring ur laptop so u can watch some dramas :P lol

dudevwj

Post by dudevwj » May 24th, '08, 11:17

Yo yo. Registered today finally after lurking for long. :salut: :salut:

chack

Post by chack » Jul 28th, '08, 18:38

aklsfksdj

i'm surprised that this is not active, like the other threads.
or is everyone too busy watching dramas? XD

dudevwj

Post by dudevwj » Jul 29th, '08, 21:25

Me thinks they're hibernating. :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

oturanx

Post by oturanx » Jul 29th, '08, 21:33

Hmong here!

I'm a Xiong!

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jul 29th, '08, 21:44

Hey, I'm also Hmong and I'm addicted to Korean dramas, I came here everyday to hang out but just wondering what this is all about (Hmong d-addicts)
So you people use this forum to chat online or something? Whatever it was for, I'm glad I'm not alone. Glad to see Hmong here!

chack

Post by chack » Jul 30th, '08, 01:59

Hahaha, awesomeeee.

So you guys got any recommended dramas?

Have you guys heard of... 5 Centimeters Per Second.
My friend says, it's really good. And that it touched his soul. Lol.
It's Japanese, anime.

dudevwj

Post by dudevwj » Jul 30th, '08, 02:11

chack wrote:Hahaha, awesomeeee.

It's Japanese, anime.
Touched his soul huh? That's a little over the top. :nuts:

What are you guys watching currently? What have you recently finished watching?

Have you watched Last Friends already? (I'm assuming you have because it's rather recent.)
A really good Japanese movie I loved was Heavenly Forest.

chack

Post by chack » Jul 30th, '08, 03:28

dudevwj wrote:

It's Japanese, anime.

Have you watched Last Friends already? (I'm assuming you have because it's rather recent.)
Hahaha, don't say that.
He's cool. XD
There's this Japanese movie... I forgot what it was called.
It was about 4 orphan kids? ><"

And... last thing I watched that I NEVER finished was... Romantic Princess. XD
I've not watched anything besides... Princess Hours(rewatching).
But yeah... Heavenly Forest, what's it about?

oturanx

Post by oturanx » Jul 30th, '08, 04:43

dudevwj wrote:

It's Japanese, anime.

Heavenly Forest is one of my favorite Japanese movie. I really like the theme song too. ^^

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Jul 30th, '08, 05:08

hi there i didn't know this thread existed.. :D glad to know there's lots of Hmong in here.. :D

dudevwj

Post by dudevwj » Jul 30th, '08, 21:39

chack wrote:
dudevwj wrote:

It's Japanese, anime.

Hahaha, don't say that.
He's cool. XD
There's this Japanese movie... I forgot what it was called.
It was about 4 orphan kids? ><"

And... last thing I watched that I NEVER finished was... Romantic Princess. XD
I've not watched anything besides... Princess Hours(rewatching).
But yeah... Heavenly Forest, what's it about?
http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/ ... ailer.html

Give it a whirl, I'm sure you'll like it as well.

chack

Post by chack » Jul 31st, '08, 21:42

Dude, that was such an AWESOME movie. <3

dudevwj

Post by dudevwj » Jul 31st, '08, 22:31

chack wrote:Dude, that was such an AWESOME movie. <3
:salut: :salut:
The music brought a lot of life to the movie......so did Miyazaki Aoi. :w00t:

chack

Post by chack » Aug 1st, '08, 05:54

Ai sings the song!
<333
I loved her Planetarium song in Hana Yori Dango.
I just love her voice.

That was a great movie, I've recommended it to just about all my friends. Lol.
Ugh, I might buy it online or something. XD

Kikujiro; have you guys ever heard of that movie? It's Japanese as well. It's quite cute.
Even though it takes too long for some things, it's nice.
Although... if you want something more, I suggest you not watch it.
It takes a LONGGGGG time. But overall, I enjoyed it.

kAtNaPpEd79

Post by kAtNaPpEd79 » Oct 18th, '08, 03:41

NYOB ZOO!