[Discussion] Code Blue (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
vulgarshudder

Post by vulgarshudder » Jul 17th, '08, 19:43

Well brilliant-yet-heartless Yamapi doc has had lesson 1 of how to be in touch with your humanity.

tbh I think it came so early because they needed an excuse to get him off the helicopter.

Although I wouldn't want any of the other doctors going near me in a emergency since they seem to just bottle it at the first sight of blood.

I just don't care for any of the other interns either, they annoy me with their over acting and getting-too-involved.

iamme

Post by iamme » Jul 17th, '08, 20:45

i've watched ep3...it's an interesting episode.i wonder if there'll be any spoilers/some summary of the episode today? my japanese is still at the beginner level...

zindagi208

Post by zindagi208 » Jul 18th, '08, 03:34

celticmoon wrote:I don't think my post is too spoilerific, but since it's about episode two, I'll just use the spoiler tags.
I think the nurse is a little cold, but I think her attitude toward the interns is justifiable at this point. She isn't really written as a likable character thus far. Anyway, I just watched episode two. There was definitely too much talking about the patients dying, right in front of them. They did so at least four or five times, both when the patients were conscious and unconcious.

Personally, I think the flight nurse's outburst toward Shiraishi was more justifiable than Shiraishi's outburst toward the nose patient. Pretty much everything she was mad about was her own fault (IMO). Also, I feel that Fujikawa's character is kinda inconsistent. They make him a really relatable/likeable character when he's with the patients, but he says some insensitive/dumb things when he's in scenes with Aizawa and/or the other interns. I guess it's all just to make Aizawa's character look good... But I guess we knew they were trying to do that since episode one, when only Aizawa was able to perform well while the others were useless in many situations.

But with that said, I didn't think Aizawa would be making a mistake so soon. And he even wanted to apologize to the patient's family on his own? His character already seems to have changed slightly since the first episode. Though he still says some jerky/heartless things. Also, I don't know if it is because of Yamashita's acting or what, but I can't tell if Aizawa is actually sorry for his mistake, or if he just wanted to apologize, etc. because it was his own responsibility and needs to regain the trust and whatnot of his superiors...
I think his acting is suppose to show that dichotomy that they showed at the end. On one hand he has to come out inhumane, as that is how is character is written to be...on the other hand I think he is shocked that he made the mistake, but wants to take responsiblity. I think he has this image in his mind how he is suppose to act as doctor and that why he apologized.
I think some one mentioned this before, but they are too young to protrayed as fellows, most fellows are in their mid to later twenties, all four of them still look like college kids..if not high school. Especially Argaki Yui, with her tiny teensy voice and all four them to some extent behave like high school kids.

gmak

=S

Post by gmak » Jul 18th, '08, 10:31

hmm, to tell you all the truth, this drama is a bit iffy. the first ep was good, but the second wasn't nearly as good. does anyone share the same opinion?
the cast also has no appealing chemistry and if you don't mind my saying; i think the success of the series is riding completely on the popularity of yamapi. i honestly don't know at this point, but i hope this drama gets better. :|

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 18th, '08, 13:25

I wonder what others think. But seriously, I can't stop thinking Pi is sorta, like urm, cared about Shiraishi? -.- or I'm reading too much into it?

His expressions are hard to read, especially when he always gives a straight and smooth face.

I do agree that this series is a bit disappointing. There's no tension or any part that makes you wanted to hold your grip and stop your breath for the patients. (At least I do feel that when I watched other medical dramas) Like you, I do hope this gets better. :lol

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jul 18th, '08, 13:50

The second episode was definitely better than the horrible first one but it's still not great or anything. I think better casting could have done the trick.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 18th, '08, 14:27

^ LOL. I thought the first one is better than the second! XD

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 18th, '08, 14:36

i also thought ep 1 was wayy better than 2nd. luckily 3rd was not that bad :D

julzdude

Post by julzdude » Jul 18th, '08, 18:05

hihi, i'm new here.

regarding ep 2, can someone tell me wat is going on after ryo reprimanded toda? she received an email and she looked shocked afterwards. wat was displayed on the screen?

thanks!

ange_mdo

Post by ange_mdo » Jul 18th, '08, 18:38

Yolchen wrote:aww, I like all three actors ...
Lol and it seems like Yamapi tries very hard ne? (*one of his nikki-readers*)

My mum was delighted... she's doctor and loves YamaP :P
Great that it'll be subbed! <3
hey,,, can u tell me where u read his nikki?? I've searched for so long. but can't find his recent nikki in english.. :cry: :cry:

ange_mdo

Post by ange_mdo » Jul 18th, '08, 18:59

well I don't really understand about medical world, but despite of the fact that the casts look too young,,, I luv this drama so far. (have watched 2nd episode)

this drama is not just focused to one person's problem but all of them (4 main character) have to face their own problems and grow up...

btw toda erika really did a good job in 2nd episode. her acting skill was so awesome. the other r also good. but she catch my attention more... :D :D

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jul 18th, '08, 19:15

ange_mdo wrote:
Yolchen wrote:aww, I like all three actors ...
Lol and it seems like Yamapi tries very hard ne? (*one of his nikki-readers*)

My mum was delighted... she's doctor and loves YamaP :P
Great that it'll be subbed! <3
hey,,, can u tell me where u read his nikki?? I've searched for so long. but can't find his recent nikki in english.. :cry: :cry:

you can read it at: http://community.livejournal.com/yamapi_jweb/

i thought this drama was pretty intense...

but i guess my intensity level is lower than most people here?

if the drama get any more intense, i wonder if i'll get scare...LOL!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 19th, '08, 11:24

just watched ep 02...definitely better than the 1st ep
looking forward for the next ep~

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 19th, '08, 11:35

@Lovo: Mee too just finish watching it!! Ep.2 is really better~ and I bet 3 will be great tooo~ :cheers:

Spoiler Ep.2:
OK! Yamapi character is kinda have 2 sides, cold & warm. I mean I think he has a caring heart for his patient but i think he never shows it or shows that he cares even though it oppisote. I want to know his past and why he is like this.

Funny part XD the four glass guy :lol really find this character funnu expecailly with the patient who wears bra LOL :lol i was like nani kore? 0_o
but it getting interesting right? :thumright:

I planning to wait for LS but i think i will watch ep.3 now XD can't wait~

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Jul 19th, '08, 21:59

I am enjoying the young doctors having many mistakes.
Yamashita is new to me.
Episode 1 was very shocking 'eye candy'. Nice looking!

Maybe I will watch Kurosagi now too!

My daughter likes Oguri, but Mom likes Yamashita! Wow.

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Jul 19th, '08, 22:01

Why is Yamapi (Yamashita?) apolgize in Episode 2?
I missed that.

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 20th, '08, 05:16

julzdude wrote:regarding ep 2, can someone tell me wat is going on after ryo reprimanded toda? she received an email and she looked shocked afterwards. wat was displayed on the screen?
I'm pretty sure she's being sued. Although I don't think we're supposed to know for what yet. But in episode 3, Yanagiba was talking about how letting a patient die can drastically change the life of the doctor, and Ryo was visiting a grave, so perhaps she killed a patient in the recent past?
Dino67 wrote:Why is Yamapi (Yamashita?) apolgize in Episode 2?
The old lady came to the hospital earlier because she thought she had a problem. Yamashita's character took a look at her and thought there was no problem, and thus let her go home. However, as you know, the old lady collapses and needs surgery. Had he took greater care at examining her earlier, the situation would not have been so bad, and thus it was the result of his error. And so he tells Kuroda that he wants to apologize to the family.

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Jul 20th, '08, 05:53

Oh, thank you very much for your post Celtic moon.
Domo arigatou. This series is going to have some specific situational language, so a bit difficult.
I will try to keep excite translation site nearby, for sudden difficult words.

Dino67

Post by Dino67 » Jul 20th, '08, 05:55

Oh, thank you very much for your post Celtic moon. :-)
Domo arigatou.

This series is going to have some specific situational language, so a bit difficult.
I will try to keep excite translation site nearby, for sudden difficult word/s. :whistling:

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jul 23rd, '08, 03:30

espisode 3 was pretty much fun to watch!

i thought the operation part was really cool!!

awaiting espisode 4!!

julzdude

Post by julzdude » Jul 23rd, '08, 15:42

celticmoon wrote:
julzdude wrote:regarding ep 2, can someone tell me wat is going on after ryo reprimanded toda? she received an email and she looked shocked afterwards. wat was displayed on the screen?
I'm pretty sure she's being sued. Although I don't think we're supposed to know for what yet. But in episode 3, Yanagiba was talking about how letting a patient die can drastically change the life of the doctor, and Ryo was visiting a grave, so perhaps she killed a patient in the recent past?
Thank you so much celticmoon...

major spoiler alert
i tot she found out something nasty about toda... i mean, toda is rather aggressive in this series and she seemed as though she'd do anything to get what she wants... in the beginning of the episode, she bragged abt writing this particular thesis. it was only when she went on site and was stumped by the situation did she reveal that she only actually helped her senpai with it.

so i initially figured that either ryo discovered that toda was lying on both counts and did not actually write/helped out on the thesis, or she actually did write it, but due to the situation at the site, she lied by saying she only helped out with the thesis in order to get out of it....

i have fantastic imagination... haha

p911

Post by p911 » Jul 24th, '08, 04:15

Anyone know the title of the song played at 25:39 of episode 3? Thanks.

sion

Post by sion » Jul 24th, '08, 14:14

p911 wrote:Anyone know the title of the song played at 25:39 of episode 3? Thanks.
i believe nobody knows, you have to wait for the ost to be release first~

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 24th, '08, 15:38

p911 wrote:Anyone know the title of the song played at 25:39 of episode 3? Thanks.
Could it be the theme song by Mr. Children?
I don't remember hearing any song other than Hanabi. Or... it's just that I'm not attentive enough? ><

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Jul 25th, '08, 09:31

I just can't understand how a doctor (Shiraishi Megumi/ Aragaki Yui) can have very long fringe? :scratch: Huhu.. Not hygenic at all.

But I like Kuroda sensei. He really looks like a wise doctor. Watched him acted in Nurse Aoi before, and he's good! :salut:

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 25th, '08, 14:21

sakura_sake wrote:I just can't understand how a doctor (Shiraishi Megumi/ Aragaki Yui) can have very long fringe? :scratch: Huhu.. Not hygenic at all.

But I like Kuroda sensei. He really looks like a wise doctor. Watched him acted in Nurse Aoi before, and he's good! :salut:
The directors appear to be going more for an aesthetic appeal rather than a real-life aspect of medicine. -_-" No doctor would be allowed to have an attitude like the one Yamapi has, he/she would've booted out a long time ago.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 26th, '08, 01:27

LOL. I was kinda annoyed by Gakki's fringe too. I wished she could clipped it up or tugged it behind her ears or something. I wondered if she doesn't find it annoying. ><

Anyway, Episode 4 is really good. LOL. So much of the ups and downs. XD

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jul 27th, '08, 09:54

Just watched episode 3, Wow this series gets better and better.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 28th, '08, 13:30

ep 3 was interesting..especially loved the operation part...

looking forward to ep4~

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Jul 29th, '08, 02:30

sakura_sake wrote:I just can't understand how a doctor (Shiraishi Megumi/ Aragaki Yui) can have very long fringe? :scratch: Huhu.. Not hygenic at all.

Yeah, that's a big no no. Her hair should be tied up in a neat bun or something but never let it get in the way or touch an injured patient like that. The director should pay more attention to detail. Just as well, did anybody saw Snow Queen? Did you notice the female doctor going on round wearing high heels? I saw that and laughed so hard.

iheartyamapi

Post by iheartyamapi » Jul 30th, '08, 11:29

I just finished watching episode 4 and I didn't like this episode very much. There were some really good character developments and clarification of background history, but I think it one thing became very clear to me: I can't stand Fuikawa.
This episode was pretty much about Fuikawa I thought. I really can't stand his character. I hate how he acts, how he puts on a front to make himself look better, how annoying he is, and mostly how he is incapable of doing anything in surgery. I think I had enough of him when he stupidly stuck his hand on the patient and got himself shocked, which really made me wonder how in the world he ever got chosen to be in the Doctor Heli program to begin with. As the episode progressed, I became more and more annoyed. Especially the way he treated his mother, which I couldn't stand for [seriously, he's how old and he's still playing the angst, rebellious teenager role towards her? he needs to stop acting like such a brat, and stop being such a douche bag to his mother]. But when he told the group that he wasn't giving up, I kind of thought maybe I was being too hard on the guy. Until the end when he started crying hysterically and I was almost utterly repulsed. I thought it was a huge over-reaction, and personally, something a doctor should never do.

To add in, I kind of didn't like Fuikawa's mother at first. I felt she was a bit annoying and her comment to the nurse about there being no parent who doesn't love their child was completely naive on her part. But after her conversation with Aizawa, I saw how much she loves her son and ended up being glad that she came to the hospital.

Everyone seemed to be proving themselves in this episode (I'm still not looking at Fuikawa as a real doctor) with the exception of Aizawa whose been reduced to menial tasks. But I think that's what I like about him in this episode. He's still who he is, but you definitely see the change in him, especially towards the end. The stark contrast between his coldness as he tells the doctors to quickly diagnose the patient's illness so he can clear out beds to when he stood there with great patience trying to teach Fuikawa how to do trach kind of touched me. I was glad that the words of Fuikawa's mother sparked some humane part of him and it goes to show that he's not a robot. I'm also a bit relieved to learn why he is so cold and distant. It explains a lot.

I liked how Hiyama progressed in this episode. I like how she's coming into her own as a doctor and is able to act calmly and make correct decisions. I also liked how she was scared to tell the results to the family but also cared about the quadriplegic, even wanting to do more surgery to see if it'll help. I thought her dilemma was interesting because that's something a lot of interns must face once they start becoming doctors.

As for Shiraishi, one thought occured to me: why is she always the one stuck with the CRAZY??? Poor girl.
I think I did enjoy this episode but my dislike for Fuikawa really got to me, bringing down the entire episode with it. But I'm hoping to see more of Aizawa and his character development. He's still a mystery to me. And of course it wouldn't hurt if there was more air time for him :lol v !!

laifalove wrote:No doctor would be allowed to have an attitude like the one Yamapi has, he/she would've booted out a long time ago.
I know what you mean. But on the contrary, I rather be looked at with cold but capable eyes than risk my life in the hands of an imbecile like Fuikawa.

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 30th, '08, 22:01

My personal opinion is that Fuikawa is one of those that are eager to please, but tends to overdo it a bit, getting them into trouble. It's not that he's an imbecile, it's just that he's not fit to do ER work, the timing is just too fast for him. As someone who wants to go to med school, I hope I don't end up like either of them, one's just too downright cold and then the other one has trouble keeping up with the pace.

Hopefully I don't get too long of an ER rotation. -__-"

Kivaz

Post by Kivaz » Jul 30th, '08, 22:35

@iheartyamapi:
I think Fuikawa is the best character on the show. Although I agree with you that in episode 4 he did got a little bit too much screentime.
But Fuikawa bring some fun into the mix, otherwise it would maybe be a little bit too serious and get boring. This doesn't mean I don't like the other characters, I think they are great, although I sometimes get anoyed by Aizawa's atttitude.
I do hope Fuikawa will get better as a docter, because he kinda sucks in comparison to the others.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 31st, '08, 13:56

I really liked ep 04..it had it's touching moments~
I felt sorry for Fujikawa's mother at the end & also for the disabled guy T.T
and it was nice seeing Aizawa helping Fujikawa at the end ^^
next ep preview looks promising..can't wait for it~

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 31st, '08, 15:09

Kivaz wrote:@iheartyamapi:
I think Fuikawa is the best character on the show. Although I agree with you that in episode 4 he did got a little bit too much screentime.
But Fuikawa bring some fun into the mix, otherwise it would maybe be a little bit too serious and get boring. This doesn't mean I don't like the other characters, I think they are great, although I sometimes get anoyed by Aizawa's atttitude.
I do hope Fuikawa will get better as a docter, because he kinda sucks in comparison to the others.
I totally agree with you. I haven't had the chance to watch beyond episode 1 (I've skimmed a few of the other episodes here and there when I had time), but so far I've got to say Fuikawa adds in an interesting aspect to the drama. I think over time he'll get better, if this drama follows a cliched type of ending, Fuikawa will catch up to the rest, if not surpass one or two of them. Aizawa's attitude is irritating, as are some of the other doctors in the ER department.

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 31st, '08, 15:24

does anyone have the link to ep 5 on streaming site?

shiraishi's hair is a bit better now, i think the team received feedback on her hair too. at least it's kept in bun though the fringe is still there -_-;
i remember ep 1 of Iryu 1 where the female doctor had very long nails and she was supposed to diagnosed pneumothorax by percussing the patient's chest. how in the world can a doc percuss with such long nails -_-;

fujikawa's acting is good but the character is a bit ridiculous. he can't be so silly since he's supposed to be trained at other ER b4 coming to the current hosp... well just my thought ^^

laifa, i think ER rotation for medical students won't be long coz it's a sub-specialty, so don't worry much. mine was only for 2 weeks ^^

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 31st, '08, 18:41

Funnykido

Post by Funnykido » Aug 1st, '08, 17:02

Episode 6 looks really good!
In the preview, is it just me or did Aizawa grab Shiraishi's hand? And was he saying "thankyou" or something?

aeho

Post by aeho » Aug 1st, '08, 20:45

I got crazy because of this dorama!
I watch every episode at least 4 times:
1) without subtitles
2) without subtitles reading scripts
3) with japanese subtitles
4) with english subtitles

i really love this series!
and (dodn't know if it is ok to post here abuot parings) i really liked the moment in 5th episode when that pierced guy asked Shiraishi if she's dating Aizawa ^_^

babypudding

Post by babypudding » Aug 2nd, '08, 10:32

I'm only up to episode 4, and i found episode a bit boring. I only like the development of Hiyama. Romance between Aizawa and Shiraishi?? I was looking forward to Hiyama and Aizawa....sigh. So far it's good~ :wub:

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Aug 2nd, '08, 15:42

i'm up to episode 4 and can't wait for 5 XD
i love the dorama so much i watch the episode twice or more (depending on my mood and the subs/or lack of) i'm too afraid to watch it without subs because i'm still beginner-level japanese and the medical terms screw with my head even on English show XD

i admit, at first i started watching because i was interrested in what yamashita would do (he needed alot to work on in his acting since kurosagi) i'm glad he's gotten much better but whats this, i'm not watching the show for him anymore *_*

i love the whole interaction between the characters, picking out their characteristics and trying to understand their motives one-by-one, plus medical situations and what-ifs excite me XD (its not helping that i'm such a geek for medicine )
there are alot of things i noticed that are not how doctors should be, first of them being shiraishi's long hair @_@!

i mean, sure she wears a cap in surgery but if she's in charge of emergincy patients on heli-rescue, shouldnt she tie it up or something o_o'
also yamapi's poofy hair, it looks ok on him (at least to me XD i mean look at how other JE idols are doing the same hair-style recently!) but shouldnt he keep it away from his eyes and face?
that leavs erm toda erika and the other guy with glasses (i could never remember names other than shiraishi and aizawa <- seems i'm unknowingly shipping them ever since the food prejudice king episode XD)

but i dont like how sometimes we feel like the show is about yamashita (like the scene in the first episode where he's topless O_o i mean, that was a bad move from the director. sure fangirls would be all over that but as a not-so-obsessed fan i think the show could do without any fanservice at all)

am i the only one who is looking forward to shiraishi/aizawa elevator talks? XD

whoa a lot of talk came out TwT the other places i go to don't really 'discuss' anything, they just go 'oh episode # is out, yay , episode # is out yay' ._. lawl

edit: i love MR Children's Hanabi, it fit the drama so much XD i can't wait for the full version release~ it seems this drama is high-budget as everyone in it is well-known or somewhat-known and plus the song by Mr Children? ♥

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Aug 3rd, '08, 03:51

Renoa Heartilly wrote:
am i the only one who is looking forward to shiraishi/aizawa elevator talks? XD

edit: i love MR Children's Hanabi, it fit the drama so much XD i can't wait for the full version release~ it seems this drama is high-budget as everyone in it is well-known or somewhat-known and plus the song by Mr Children? ♥
You're not the only one looking forward to the elevator/hallway/rooftop talks btwn them. :lol I notice that Aizawa converse a lot more with Shiraishi than the other two. I guess that's the only romance we'll be seeing...

zingzing16

Post by zingzing16 » Aug 3rd, '08, 12:21

I haven't seen ep.05 (still waiting for the sub)
Episode 4 is really good, though I don't like Fujikawa much, he's kinda annoying to me, especially the part when at the ER, he was showing off too much (&stupid?), anyway I think Ep.4 is very touching, I cried while watching the part between Hiyama & the disable guy :-(, that's so sad~
Pi's character is getting more and more interesting, i hope to see romance blooming between Aizawa & Shirushi (they're my favorite :wub: ) ...

Ep.5 sounds good, I wish I could be able to understand what they say!! :lol

sayuri17

Post by sayuri17 » Aug 3rd, '08, 12:43

So far, i'm loving this drama.. It gives you a deep view of what it's like to be a doctor.. Planning to become one myself, I really find this series very enriching (not to mention touching).. It makes me want to become a doctor more.. :salut:

aeho

Post by aeho » Aug 3rd, '08, 14:07

Gummi Bear wrote:
Renoa Heartilly wrote: I guess that's the only romance we'll be seeing...
and what about Fujikava and Nurse?
There seems to be something.
And may be Morimoto/girl with short brown hair...

DMDil

Post by DMDil » Aug 4th, '08, 02:39

This drama is on my top 3 watching list... i really like this one. good story..

claza

Post by claza » Aug 4th, '08, 04:01

To be honest, I stopped after watching the second episode. It seemed mundane, a mediocre drama.

Last night I pulled myself to watch episode 3, and then found myself watching episode 4 immediately straight afterwards.

I don't think it's so much the story that pulls me in - there's barely any plotline at all if you ask me. It's all about the character development - which I found to be interesting. There was a lot of character growth in the past two episodes. I'm hoping to see this growth continue save for anything else.

And... did Yamapi's hair get more curly in episode 4?

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Aug 6th, '08, 14:49

kiyaaaaaaaaa episode 5 !!

asdadjasdlhasjdh XD

i dunno how many of you are willing to read this, but i gotta get it out somewhere :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (warning: keysmashing/ fangirling/ images from episode 5 ahead)
i admit most of the episode i was trying to keep from squeeing or giggling in a creepy kind of way because of aizawa (and here i thought i'm not a yamapi fan 8| whats this world coming to? )

LOL i laughed on their reactions to this scene XDDDDDDD the smug expression on their faces were just made of win XD XD

oh but i'm watching it also for yui, i think its the first time i see her acting so i'm impressed and is enjoying it to the max XD i laughed when she was sleeping with her eyes open and hiyama repremending her about it XD so now she's known as a geek XD
i like the relationship between those two, even if hiyama seems to be cold at first its obvious they are comfortable around eachother.
i'm wondering about those pills hiyama takes in the first episodes :o what are they supposed to be?
the operation with the guy with children, when they stopped after taking him out of the object in his abdomen, i thought he was going to quit or that he died (after all the whole episode seemed to be about dying patients x_x ) so i was shocked when aizawa just threw himself at the patient and smacked him in the ribs XD i bet the nurse and shiraishi were just as shocked XDDDDDDD

who was the nurse talking to on the phone? her late boyfriend's mom? i didnt quite catch the names so what's going on Dx

the doctor who likes the flight-check lady (dunno their names DX omg i fail so much :crazy: ) is so interresting, i can't believe the real person is 45 years old (or something near that) he looks so young XD

i dont like the doctor with glasses but it seems its about time he gets a spine (and actual patients who are not kids or wierd guys with bras)
the next episode seems to be about aizawa and i can't wait to see it *_* there's a scene he holds shiraishi's hand for like, two fractions of a second asdjasldjhasldjhsad

:lol i need a life and a time machine to fast forward to next week~~~ :cry:

:salut: thanks for the subbing teams and the whole crew of code blue~~ i hope there are other promotional plans because i dont think i've quite had enough of gakki and mop-hair yamashita XD

Funnykido

Post by Funnykido » Aug 6th, '08, 22:19

I've never posted on this thread before (but I read it almost every day, haha) so hello!

Re: Renoa Heartily's spoilers:
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE HAND-HOLDING! At first when I watched the preview for next week's episode it didn't really register, because I was trying to figure out what he was saying. (I think he says either sorry or thankyou there? I can't remember) But then I was like, 'Wait, hold on, did he just GRAB her HAND?!"

I was very surprised, because we haven't seen Aizawa have any physical contact with anybody yet that wasn't in a medical sense. I'm so excited!

Also- does it seem to anybody else as if there is some sort of legal problem for Aizawa coming up? Maybe over a patient? And that's why he's upset, and seeks comfort from Shiraishi??

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Aug 6th, '08, 22:52

Funnykido wrote:I've never posted on this thread before (but I read it almost every day, haha) so hello!

Re: Renoa Heartily's spoilers:
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE HAND-HOLDING! At first when I watched the preview for next week's episode it didn't really register, because I was trying to figure out what he was saying. (I think he says either sorry or thankyou there? I can't remember) But then I was like, 'Wait, hold on, did he just GRAB her HAND?!"

I was very surprised, because we haven't seen Aizawa have any physical contact with anybody yet that wasn't in a medical sense. I'm so excited!

Also- does it seem to anybody else as if there is some sort of legal problem for Aizawa coming up? Maybe over a patient? And that's why he's upset, and seeks comfort from Shiraishi??

well the translations said:
his grandma is in the hospital and she seems to have some sort of brain cancer, so he's upset over that?
and about physical connection with anybody, don't forget he pushed fujikawa in the elevator xD
i searched alot, but does anybody know where i can find a collection of code-blue fanfictions? :scratch: are there any to begin with?

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Aug 6th, '08, 23:20

Only fanfiction I've found is a smutty one involving Hiyama/Aizawa lol It's a good read nonetheless

http://community.livejournal.com/stage1902/6576.html

Enjoy![/b]

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Aug 7th, '08, 02:20

I don't understand what Shiraishi meant to implied when she and Aizawa discussed about that elderly patient and the pension thing when she said to Aizawa " Yokoyama san, did he entrust his life to your skills only?" What did she mean't by that? Can someone explain please.

Funnykido

Post by Funnykido » Aug 7th, '08, 23:52

Oh my.
This episode is so sad- I cried during the scene with Azaiwa and his Grandma in the store. I thought Yamapi acted very well during that scene.

And then when Shiraishi started crying, too! I really hope they actually take Azaiwa's and Shiraishi's relationship somewhere.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 8th, '08, 00:02

Funnykido wrote:Oh my.
This episode is so sad- I cried during the scene with Azaiwa and his Grandma in the store. I thought Yamapi acted very well during that scene.

And then when Shiraishi started crying, too! I really hope they actually take Azaiwa's and Shiraishi's relationship somewhere.
LOL! i cry just looking at the screen caps of it!!

i havent yet watch the episode...

this is Yamapi first crying scene that touch me this much

i mean he was always good with crying scene especially in ProDai

but this was the most touching scene for me...

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Aug 8th, '08, 00:07

I don't understand what Shiraishi meant to implied when she and Aizawa discussed about that elderly patient and the pension thing when she said to Aizawa " Yokoyama san, did he entrust his life to your skills only?" What did she mean't by that? Can someone explain please.
well i re-watched the episode and tried to slow down at that part so what i think is
i think because he kept saying how a doctor's only worth if he was the absolute best in the skills and expertise, she thinks that there are other things that make a good doctor.
seeing as she was watching his every move throughout that scene (my favorite scene as of yet :lol yokoyama's character was priceless and it had alot of shirazawa ♥ ) i think she noticed he was starting to sympathize with the man, especially after looking at the picture of the family. so she probably thinks because he was nice to yokoyama he trusted him, and not just because he was a good doctor.
well thats my input to it, can't be too sure :unsure:
anybody interested in a shirazawa (shiraishi x aizawa) screencap? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (from episode 5 in case of spoilers) i didnt notice it the first time i watched the episode because i was too excited, but now that i'm taking screencaps, i'm glad i found it~ (i'm turning into a fangirl T_T i need help~ )
on a not-so-fangirly side note, when is MR Children's Hanabi single gonna come out? i thought i didnt like the song at first, but the lyrics are so honest and heartwarming~
waaa episode 6 is out XD think i'll wait for the 1280 :wub: i'm almost too afraid to watch it since the previews already gave away alot T3T"

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Aug 8th, '08, 00:46

Thanks Renoa for your explanation...it looks like ep 6 will be a really sad one. I am really looking forward to watching it and seeing Pi performance.

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Aug 8th, '08, 09:32

Second post here...LOL

Just finished watching episode 6 and...
OH MY GOD. Aizawa's background is getting sadder by the minute...poor guy, no wonder he's as dettached as he is. The last scene, at the mini market when his granny started talking about him saying how he always did his best and the way he started crying and hugging her....and having the other four witnessing the whole thing...was just wow. I now wonder how they're going to interact with him after knowing the whole story...I hope no one will be stupid enough to pity him since he really doesn't look the type who needs anyone's pity...
Ah...so much to say about the episode...I think I'll go and watch it again.

str4wb3rry

Post by str4wb3rry » Aug 8th, '08, 14:04

episode 5 was really goood!!!!
Yamapi + his character were so lovable and cool, its really nice of him to help fujikawa train for fujikawa's mother :D

im also in love with shirazawa (shiraishi x aizawa), i get so happy when they're both screen at the same time <3<3

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Aug 11th, '08, 19:11

i remembered that i've seen yui before in My Boss My Hero, but she was such a schoolgirl back then XD i barely noticed that they were the same actress o_o
on a lighter note (still havent seen the highly-awaited episode 6 T_T people are spreading spoilers everywhere which is probably why nobody had commented here in a while XDDD)
ANYWAY
there is now a code-blue fan community on live journal 8D dunno if its allowed to post links here but its codebluefans and would come up in the first results if you search LJ for code blue XD
lets see some picspams, icons and fangirling please XD keysmashing is allowed~~ ♥

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 14th, '08, 04:25

oh cuz..

Poor Aizawa, he couldnt hold it, but it's better to cry and let your feelings out..
i cried with him too :cry: what a sad episode. i think it deserved a higher rating
anyways im still up for more Aizawa x shiraishi! :cheers:

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Aug 14th, '08, 13:11

Episode 6 is one of Yamapi's strong performances. I was crying at the end of the episode! (T_T) Poor Kousaku! and yeah, hoping for more KousakuxShiraishi moments.

Anyway, I also feel for Saejima...

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 14th, '08, 21:42

code blue 7
part one
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08xb/20080814_2357.html

part 2

http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08xb/20080814_2358.html

please does anyone knows how to turn the adverts with the oympics voices off its driving me mad thanx

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Aug 15th, '08, 10:14

I watched ep 5 & 6...LOVED them!!! there were many touching moments & I absolutely loved yamapi's acting on those 2 episodes..he has a good facial expressions~
the end of ep6 made my heart broke :cry: poor Aizawa T.T
Can't wait for ep 7!

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Aug 15th, '08, 10:48

Thanks for the links posted above! m(_ _)m

I finally finished watching episode 7!
It's another heart-wrenching episode. (T_T)

Funnykido

Post by Funnykido » Aug 15th, '08, 21:00

I watched seven last night . . .
It was definitely another emotional episode, although it seemed like it concentrated a lot on Seijima (I'm sure I got that name wrong), rather than on Aizawa and his Grandmother (except for the last scene which was, once again, completely heartbreaking). I can't speak Japanese at all, so at first I was worried they were starting to go the Seijima/Aizawa direction, instead of Aizawa/Shiraishi, but then I saw something that made me think that Seijima already has a boyfriend?

Anyways, I thought Yamapi did a really good job, again, at the end of the episode, in the scene with his grandmother. It was sweet, but so sad, when he grabbed a piece of food from her plate, and smiles at him.

rosie_trn

Post by rosie_trn » Aug 21st, '08, 17:28

anyone know where i can get the soundtrack for Code Blue?
Please and Thank You!

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 21st, '08, 18:21

rikie_11 wrote:Thanks for the links posted above! m(_ _)m

I finally finished watching episode 7!
It's another heart-wrenching episode. (T_T)
when u watched it on the link how did u turn the adverts with the oympics voices off because i couldnt watch it and tonight i really want to watch it for the first time ever last week i downloaded it and watched it like 2 hours later :-) thank u

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Aug 21st, '08, 23:07

Only three more episodes to go and, not only I'm not getting tired of this series but I'm liking each episode more than the previous one. After having watched 8 I'm more hooked to it than ever!!!!

Navin

Post by Navin » Aug 22nd, '08, 13:51

Episode 7 is what made me give up on the series. Well I'm still gonna finish it but that Aizawa speech at the end and the nurse's reaction just made me...O_o. You know.
He basically says: "I'm an egoist. Yes I am. Sometimes I'm wondering if I should be. But then I think that I want to stay an egoist and ride the heli". And then the nurse begins to cry...For what? Maybe it's just an interpretation problem from my side, but the whole deal seems...Nothing to cry about and just a reassurance of how cold life as a docter is. Is that why she's crying? 'Cause they looked more like comfort tears than anything else. Meh, I just didn't get that scene.

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Aug 22nd, '08, 16:11

Well, the way I see it is that...
Saejima felt horrible for having chosen her own life over taking care of the man she loves (loved?) and Aizawa, instead of telling her a little white lie which could make her feel better, told her that he was the same and this reality check was what made Saejima burst into tears: the realisation that in order to be top-notch, one has to be super-selfish and concentrate in oneself is harsh enough to make anyone cry, methinks.

Now, I found Aizawa a little bit insensitive when he closed the heli's door but, at the same time, he was just being coherent with his own words: after what he said to her, if he had gone to comfort her, he would have sent her the wrong message so he did the only thing he saw fit: leaving her to cry till she got rid of all the stress and pain, the same thing he had done at the minimarket when his granma remembered him as a little boy.
Also, regarding episode 8:
I'm seriously getting mad at Shiraishi: come on, she needs to get her act together a little more. Even Fujikawa's got it more together than she does lately. I completely understand her panic having had that premonitory nightmare earlier on but, seriously, she's not raising to the standards I was expecting from her.

Also....unless I've misunderstood the whole thing badly, at the preview of episode 9, was Aizawa flying to the airport to go and rescue Kuroda-sensei's son??? I think that's what will happen!!! And that commission-thingy, I hope that they aren't trying to ban the whole Doctor Heli programme. But maybe it's just some sort of committee to examine what happened during the whole Kuroda/Shiraishi incident....

One super-cute thing was seeing Aizawa giving that golfish to the little girl. It was super sweet of him and it was really nice seeing him dealing the little girl who, being the same age as he was when he lost his mum, it reminded him so much of himself...it was beyond touching.

And poor Morimoto-sensei!! The way he got turned down by the heli officer: aah...it can't be helped if she's got an American boyfriend, can it? :p

I'll finish off by saying that I'm glad that the show's writers are making Yamapi's character so multidimensional. It's great seeing him pulling off such a difficult role.

Same goes for Erika Toda, the way she's playing Hiyama is making me like the character quite a lot. Even whenever she behaves like the spoilt little girl she really is, when it comes to being a doctor, only Aizawa is better than she is.
Sorry for the uber long post!! :D

SayonaraKonayuki

Post by SayonaraKonayuki » Aug 22nd, '08, 16:38

Navin wrote:Episode 7 is what made me give up on the series. Well I'm still gonna finish it but that Aizawa speech at the end and the nurse's reaction just made me...O_o. You know.
He basically says: "I'm an egoist. Yes I am. Sometimes I'm wondering if I should be. But then I think that I want to stay an egoist and ride the heli". And then the nurse begins to cry...For what? Maybe it's just an interpretation problem from my side, but the whole deal seems...Nothing to cry about and just a reassurance of how cold life as a docter is. Is that why she's crying? 'Cause they looked more like comfort tears than anything else. Meh, I just didn't get that scene.

For me, episode 7 was one of the most meaningful I've seen.
In life, all/most of us would like to think we're good people who want to help and care for others, but in the end, a lot of us are selfish. I think this episode shows that [being selfish sometimes] doesn't always make someone a bad person, but that we're all human and not all of us can sacrifice ourselves for another person.
And I really loved the scene with the nurse and Aizawa. It made sense to me that the nurse cried. She was holding a lot of guilt for being selfish, and if you noticed, there were various times in the episode when she was on the edge of tears. When Aizawa told her "But I'll still ride the Heli tommorow," I felt like he was telling her that in this kind of job, you can't worry about being a good person. You just have to save lives. And that's why she finally broke down after holding everything in.

Navin

Post by Navin » Aug 22nd, '08, 17:22

I like those explanations, makes it a bit more bearable. Those kind of talks usually don't happen in dramas, that's probably why the nurse's reaction was a bit out there for me. Still think they could've had some inner monologue or something for the nurse.

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Aug 23rd, '08, 22:20

what's up? I've download the series until 7ep but i haven't watch it...i dun have much time coz I'm very bz... :)