Need help to identify a Kdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Korean drama series here.
azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Nov 15th, '07, 06:22

myrie wrote:hy.. i wanna know about Kdrama ,Jang Na Ra she play as a chef in China,,

in that drama her partner is from china.. please anybody know the drama??

thaankks
I never saw the drama but I believe it is called Good Morning Shanghai (also called A Chef in Love)

Synopsis:
After sweeping the Korean peninsula away, Jewel in the Palace(Dae Jang Geum) fever is being revived in China. On the 12th, Munwha Broadcasting Company announced the joint production of the TV miniseries drama, 'A Chef In Love' (Director: Hwang In-rei, Script: Ye-rang), with Chinese Hunan TV, which broadcasted the drama 'Dae Jang Geum.'

'A Chef In Love' (temporary title) has 16, 70-minute episodes that draw a modern version of (Dae Jang Geum)'s success story in the modern world. The drama will be directed towards an elegant and fancy mood bringing the universal language of food and love into play. The singer Jang Na-ra plays the heroine as Gong Meng-ja. Yang Mi-gyung, who played the court lady Han in 'Dae Jang Geum,' was casted as Jang Na-ra's mother, and Wiwonluh, a well-known actor from the movies 'Mu Gan Do' and 'Inital D,' as the chinese chef, Jangweijien. They are still searching for a Korean actor who will complete the love triangle.

After failing to get a job as a hotel chef, Gong Meng-ja(Jang Na-ra), specializing in Korean cooking, leaves for Shanghai to master Chinese cuisine. The thread of the story comes when she meets Jangweijien (Wiwonluh), a Chinese chef, and their love and friendship grows while she explores the exquisite combination of Korean and Chinese food to win the world food contest.

'A Chef In Love' (temporary title) distinguishes itself from other dramas filmed overseas and portrays a modern, progressive and self-motivated woman who wins love and wealth for her on the broad Chinese stage. Such contents are expected to attract huge sympathy from Korean and Chinese women viewers who prioritize their success.

In addition, MBC plans to remake 'Blooming Korea' (Draft: Yun Hyuk-min), broadcasted in the 1970's, with a Chinese director and Chinese actors. The story is about a Chinese father who visits his eight sons and daughters who are scattered around separate provinces. The original drama is reinterpreted from the Chinese point of view and displays great family warmth as the number of nuclear families grows in China.

It is especially noticeable that the six billion won production cost was supplied from the private equity fund that was created to make inroads into overseas markets, a first in Korean broadcasting history. A second fund will be generated if this project proves to be a success.

Credit : http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/biz_news_read.asp?idx=61

flaming turkey

Post by flaming turkey » Nov 16th, '07, 23:32

@kentomaiku, I think it's "Over The Rainbow" but i could be wrong. I mean, the first screenshot looks like Hwanhee from Fly to the Sky (or at least what he used to look like :cry: ), and I know that drama is about singers of sort...

Onto my question:I saw an episode of something on TV today but was interested in seeing the rest (it didn't show the name of the show at any point)

Anyway, a quick synopsis of what I saw:

A woman needs a kidney transplant badly, and her husband left her because of her illness. She is forced to place her kid in a child care center while she finds a donor but she has no money because her cousin's husband (or her cousin, can't remember) used up some insurance money so now she doesn't have anything. She meets this man who claims he'll sell his liver to her, but the guy turns out to be a con artist. The con artist ends up falling in love with her, and he, in fact only has one kidney so of course he can't even help her even if he wanted to aside from the conning. His ex-wife left him because their son was sick and he was always unhappy, and she couldn't take it any more.

Is this ringing any bells?
Sorry for the messy description and thanks on any help that i can get :)

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Dec 2nd, '07, 11:56

Well, there was a Korean Drama which I haven't watched even a single episode nor do I remember the cast. So, it is about the relationship between a male bodyguard and a female pop singer/celebrity thing. It is mainly a comedy, so I know it isn't Bi's "A Love To Kill". Which K-Drama might it be?

taesoon84

Can someone tell me the title of this kdrama?

Post by taesoon84 » Dec 4th, '07, 01:52

So last week on KBS Channel I watched an episode of a Korean Drama. Like only the last half of the episode. But the story was quite addicting. Unfortunately I didn't catch the title of it. CAN YOU FIGURE IT OUT PLEASE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story:
Main dude is a very unselfish, kind guy who doesn't have much money and he's in debt. He searches for his dog "Happy" in the woods. He finds that a rich girl is stuck in a pit with his dog. He rescues her and drops her off the hospital.

She tries to find who this man was. She thinks it's another man, and that other man just plays along with it because her father was so grateful that he paid for the man's mother's hospital bill and gave him a good job. Plus she started dating him.

Coincidentally the real rescuer is friends with the man who pretended to be that guy. As the unselfish man that he is, he didn't care that his friend took credit. The main dude pretends he doesn't know the girl, even though he was the one who rescued her.

The main dude also is an online radio station MC. As he MCs there is a girl that chats with him online for advice about her life. Her online name is Princess and his name is Polar Bear. He says they should meet up one day. She agrees. They meet up and it turns out to be the girl he rescued.

lilshortygurlxp

Post by lilshortygurlxp » Dec 4th, '07, 06:05

the kdrama you are thinking of is bodyguard. It is about a guy that has no skills and gambles and fights a lot. Later he becomes a boyguard and watches over a singer that is really snobby and there are a lot of funny scenees between them

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Dec 4th, '07, 12:51

Well, thanks. It seems to be "Bodyguard" Anybody recommend it?

Kildare

Post by Kildare » Dec 4th, '07, 13:25

Hi! ^_^ i need help please in finding out about this drama title.

Well, it is about red wine and how these two people tried their best to save the winery/vineyard. Within the place of the vineyard is sort of a vacation house which is used by the characters since they were young. That place is also managed by the lady leading char who is the expert with red wines..

Uhh, i hope i enumerated the details enough to be identified. I myself only glimpsed at this drama but was never able to continue watching it.

All i can clearly remember is the lead chars trying their best in saving the wine business from closing. uhmm, what else? I think somebody died in a car accident too when he tried saving the girl he loves. That girl however loves the main man of the story. Sigh, i hope i can remember more...

Hope you can help me decipher this one ^_^ tnx alot. This series was shown in the Philippines under ABS CBN station. Im not sure though if its a korean or taiwan drama. But looking at it, it has a korean touch i guess ^_^.. Muahh , hope u can help me...

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Dec 4th, '07, 13:48

I think you speak from the drama Land of Wine (SBS, 2003). The main caracter are
Kim Jae-Won and Kim Min-Jung.
Try to see this site. https://www.sbspro.co.kr/eng/sub_list_v ... ield=&key=

I hope that's right.

Kildare

Post by Kildare » Dec 4th, '07, 13:59

Hmmm, tnx i checked the link but it is not it..

I think the vacation house near the winery used to be an orphanage house where all the lead chars knew each other. This house was visited by the lead man char..

Sigh, i cant remember much. but the lead chars became close to each other when they tried to save the wine shop in the city. Ohh, and they specializes in european red wine.

Maybe if it is not korean then it is taiwanese T_T

arghh! my head is aching just trying to figure it out. Hope u can help ^_^ tnx

Kildare

Post by Kildare » Dec 4th, '07, 14:44

WHoaaa!!! I finally found it. The lead actress is Ruby Lin. It was damn too confusing since ABS-CBN had renamed most of its asianovelas.. >.<

Okay, so first i got a hint that the lead actress was the same for two drama aired by ABS-CBN

First was Boy and Girl/ retitled as "Love in the City" - Lead actress is Ruby Lin
from here, i track down all her dramas and finally came across a familiar description.

The second drama (which i am trying to find out) is Amor de Tarapaca or retitled as "The Promise"
^_^ Gosh finally! i can sleep... ^^

tnx ^^ good night all D-Addict people ^_^

incube

Post by incube » Dec 6th, '07, 04:23

sounds a nice drama.... i'm also interested in the name xD

fartyman

Korean cooking drama? Identify please...

Post by fartyman » Jan 6th, '08, 22:52

I was talking to someone today where they said it was a Korean drama where at the end of it, they'd show you how to make that particular dish?

Any help on identifying the name?

I don't think it's recent, but I don't think it's old either. In between.

gyberline

Post by gyberline » Jan 17th, '08, 11:17

What is the name of this KDrama ? Please helppppp

ellas

Post by ellas » Jan 17th, '08, 11:33

gyberline wrote:What is the name of this KDrama ? Please helppppp

Hi,

well actually it's not a Kdrama.... it's just a MV.. in the comments box on youtube someone wrote : that i's the Mv of Seung-Li-Lee's new song titled "Words hard to say (하기힘든 말). But it would have made an interesting drama.. ^_^

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Feb 24th, '08, 14:26

what's the drama korean/english name for 太王四神?by bae yong jun.

saby

Post by saby » Feb 24th, '08, 15:15

foxhana wrote:what's the drama korean/english name for 太王四神?by bae yong jun.
The Story of the First King’s Four Gods

http://www.rukorean.com/the_story_of_th ... _four_gods

is this the drama you are looking for ??

Akanin

Post by Akanin » Feb 28th, '08, 00:47

Hello, can someone please tell me the english title of this series please...and if it is any good or not...thank you!
Attachments
What is the english title for this series?
What is the english title for this series?
kormov550f.jpg (76.44 KiB) Viewed 6182 times

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 28th, '08, 00:58

@Akanin: that kdrama is "Fantasy Couple" or "Couple of Fantasy" starring Oh Ji Ho~

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Couple_of_Fantasy

Here's another poster for the drama:

Akanin

Post by Akanin » Mar 1st, '08, 00:00

lilswtangel wrote:@Akanin: that kdrama is "Fantasy Couple" or "Couple of Fantasy" starring Oh Ji Ho~

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Couple_of_Fantasy

Here's another poster for the drama:
Thank you for the quick response! Appreciate it! :-)

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Mar 16th, '08, 22:42

Hi guys, I need a little help on finding this one kdrama, I don't really remember the name or the character's names.
I only remember it's about golf... and I saw this a few years back.. maybe 4 or 5 years back. Golf... and like the main girl was a caddy or something and then later a rich guy (?) taught her how to play golf..? >.<
Any help is appreciated.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 16th, '08, 22:51

loveless_soul wrote:Hi guys, I need a little help on finding this one kdrama, I don't really remember the name or the character's names.
I only remember it's about golf... and I saw this a few years back.. maybe 4 or 5 years back. Golf... and like the main girl was a caddy or something and then later a rich guy (?) taught her how to play golf..? >.<
Any help is appreciated.
Rival?

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Mar 17th, '08, 00:24

Puppet Princess wrote:
loveless_soul wrote:Hi guys, I need a little help on finding this one kdrama, I don't really remember the name or the character's names.
Any help is appreciated.
Rival?
YES! I remember a very familiar actor and I just couldn't pin point it but it's Kim Jae Won! Thank you :wub:

dethos

Post by dethos » Mar 25th, '08, 05:38

at the end of ep 14 of bhichunmoo there is a trailer of a new drama , do you know this title ? thanks fot your help

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 25th, '08, 08:01

dethos wrote:at the end of ep 14 of bhichunmoo there is a trailer of a new drama , do you know this title ? thanks fot your help
Why Did You Come to My House
It starts on the 28th.

dethos

Post by dethos » Mar 25th, '08, 10:32

thank you very much :thumleft:

mistyrogue13

Hello can somebody help me with this drama...

Post by mistyrogue13 » Apr 14th, '08, 14:43

Hello can somebody help me with this drama...

The synopsis goes something like this.... a guy hires a girl to pretend as his girlfriend because his family wouldnt like his real girlfriend... he makes the girl do unlikely things so that his family will dislike her, hoping that with this approach they'll somehow think that his real girlfriend will be a notch better, but then no matter what the girl does his family still likes her...... or something like that.... i was just browsing through when i read this not thinking of it at the time now i want to watch it.. but dont know the title..but its definitely a drama not a movie because im sure i was browsing it in either dramawiki or mysoju... the pic with the synopsis is a girl with an umbrella...

its so frustrating when you can remember something righ :cry: t? please someone help, would really appreciate it. thanks :wub:
Last edited by mistyrogue13 on Apr 14th, '08, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 14th, '08, 15:54

That sounds like Contract Lover to me. Which is a Hong Kong movie.
One of the posters.

swtvtgrl85

Post by swtvtgrl85 » May 15th, '08, 22:47

Hi, I need help finding the name of a drama or movie that I saw a while ago. I'm not 100% sure it's Korean, but it's very likely that it is. The only things I can remember are: the two lead's parents are single. The two families move in together and the two kids grow up together but they disliked each other (of course, they secretly like each other). The two parents also fall in love but they never married because they thought their kids were compatible and wanted them to marry when they grew up. In the end, the two leads end up together and find out about their parents' wish. Any leads would be helpful! Thanks!

shushu123

Post by shushu123 » May 16th, '08, 21:37

What is the name of this KDrama?

Hi all, and thanks for readin first of all.
I'm looking for a korean drama my taekwondo master talked about.

The name (in korean i guess) should sound like Aran or a-ran
It's quite funny from what i understood.

Plot (not sure it's the main plot):

Cop not in shape training himself, at the end he is in good shape, can do crazy stuf like fighting in the air etc.

thanks in advance if someone can help me.

forgetting4u

Post by forgetting4u » May 16th, '08, 21:53

I believe you are talking about this: Arahan: Urban Martial Arts Action -Its a movie not a drama.
I found the movie on this site (this is the exact link to the movie)
http://silentregrets.com/kmovies/arahan ... action.php
Ignore the picture. The picture makes it look like an action flick. Enough though there are martial arts in it, it is mostly a comedy like your teacher said. Enjoy. Hope I'm right.
shushu123 wrote:What is the name of this KDrama?

Hi all, and thanks for readin first of all.
I'm looking for a korean drama my taekwondo master talked about.

The name (in korean i guess) should sound like Aran or a-ran
It's quite funny from what i understood.

Plot (not sure it's the main plot):

Cop not in shape training himself, at the end he is in good shape, can do crazy stuf like fighting in the air etc.

thanks in advance if someone can help me.

shushu123

Post by shushu123 » May 16th, '08, 23:42

wow, that was fast , thanks forgetting4u you made my day (or night, it's 1.40 am in brussels)

Pretty sure it's the good movie. ty again :)

tmjr2006

Post by tmjr2006 » May 17th, '08, 00:03

Hi , I need a little help on finding this one kdrama, I don't really remember the name or the character's names but all i remember is afew scenes and somewhat plot:
Plot ???girl is blind meets a guy and guy works at a gas station,guy is friends w/a rich guy and rich guy is in love with blind girl..

scenes i remember:
1.blind girl was on her way to visit the gas station guy and at the train (or bus)station blind runs into this one girl who tells her the guy left so she returns home...
2.rich guy and gas staion worker guy are at rich guys house playing the piano and talking..
3.blind girl w/her mom and frinds stop at gas staion and the worker doesnt see her.
4.blind girl gets eye surgery..

thats all i can remember

please someone help... whats the name of this drama??

dina_nada

Post by dina_nada » May 17th, '08, 01:12

tmjr2006 wrote:Hi , I need a little help on finding this one kdrama, I don't really remember the name or the character's names but all i remember is afew scenes and somewhat plot:
Plot ???girl is blind meets a guy and guy works at a gas station,guy is friends w/a rich guy and rich guy is in love with blind girl..

scenes i remember:
1.blind girl was on her way to visit the gas station guy and at the train (or bus)station blind runs into this one girl who tells her the guy left so she returns home...
2.rich guy and gas staion worker guy are at rich guys house playing the piano and talking..
3.blind girl w/her mom and frinds stop at gas staion and the worker doesnt see her.
4.blind girl gets eye surgery..

thats all i can remember

please someone help... whats the name of this drama??
my guess is "Sad Sonata" it's known also as "Sad Love Song" starring Kwon Sang Woo
and Kim Hee Sun :unsure:

twinklesstars

Post by twinklesstars » Jun 5th, '08, 11:29

i would like to know what the english name of this drama? I only got the korean and chinese name of this drama. thanks.

here is the picture:

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Jun 5th, '08, 12:05

twinklesstars wrote:i would like to know what the english name of this drama? I only got the korean and chinese name of this drama. thanks.
]
I think it is "Wild Rose (2005)" since Lee Ah Hyeon is the leading actress!! But I am not 100% sure!

Phoenix Flare

Post by Phoenix Flare » Jun 16th, '08, 05:33

What is this drama?

(few)Things I remember:
- Two sisters, one's like taekwondo person (strikes me as tomboy a little) and the other one seems more "fragile"
- There was a eating contest between a guy and one of the sisters...when they ate bowls and bowls of noodles. the other sister put yogurt in the guy's food

Actually...I'm not 100% sure if its a drama or movie...but thought I'll try

iynn512

Post by iynn512 » Jun 16th, '08, 05:38

Phoenix Flare wrote:What is this drama?

(few)Things I remember:
- Two sisters, one's like taekwondo person (strikes me as tomboy a little) and the other one seems more "fragile"
- There was a eating contest between a guy and one of the sisters...when they ate bowls and bowls of noodles. the other sister put yogurt in the guy's food

Actually...I'm not 100% sure if its a drama or movie...but thought I'll try
korean drama - coffee prince. or other name 1st shop of coffee prince.

rairai

Post by rairai » Jun 16th, '08, 05:46

Phoenix Flare: coffee prince

jiaya_nis

Post by jiaya_nis » Jun 25th, '08, 08:20

i don't know if someone posted this already and i hope some soul would be kind to reply to this and can answer this question.. someone posted this at the main site and i will copy it here (sorry, i cant remember) but we are both searching for same dram for a long time.. the story is summarized by her (i hope you don't mind i used your synopsis...

"since you seem to have watched a LOT of korean films, do you by any chance know the title of a certain series i've been looking for. i'm not sure of the title (Woman in Love) coz i've searched it but i can't seem to find it. the story is about a twin (both girls) who were separated--one was raised by the father and one by the mother. the one raised by the father is simple and the one raised by the mother is somewhat extravagant. when they were both married. the simple one seemed to be at a disadvantage coz she was married to a boy from a poor but decent family and the extravagant one was married to a "successful" guy who works in a big company. it turned out in the end that the poor boy made it to a good-paying job and since he is decent and he loves the girl so much she was envied by the other twin who was married to the "rich" guy who turned out to be a fake and he just married her coz she was rich (although he like the girl and repented at the end).

i'm not sure if i did justice to the story. it has been around 5 or 6 years since i've watched that series. i want to find out the title of that series coz they may have changed it when they've shown it. i hope you can help! thanks! "

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 25th, '08, 08:38

jiaya_nis, sounds like Glass Slippers?

jiaya_nis

Post by jiaya_nis » Jun 25th, '08, 13:31

no.. its not glass slippers.. i remembered the faces of the cast but i don't know their names, So Ji Sub was not part of the cast.. i saw it on arirang, can anybody tell me where to find the list of drama series that they aired in the past? as it was said, the title was like "women in love" but i cant find any kdrama that fits the title with the story i remembered...

viperx116

Post by viperx116 » Jul 14th, '08, 02:41

What's the drama that's previewed at the end of Coffee Prince?

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 22nd, '08, 21:21

Are you talking about the last episode of Coffee Prince or just after an episode ends and there's a preview??

Densha Otoko

Post by Densha Otoko » Jul 22nd, '08, 21:44

violetflower wrote:Are you talking about the last episode of Coffee Prince or just after an episode ends and there's a preview??
I believe the person means "the speacial episode" (17). Just watched it and was quite dissapointed by the fact that all good drama stops at episode 14 or so, but nevermind.

I'm looking at the teaser now, and i see:

Something that looks like before 1655 in asia.
Humerous.
Old man in white clothes, being surrounded in others in white clothes, being an ****, kicking.
Pretty girl gets shut up by "thief"(?)
Pretty girl dances in circles with old girl.
Girl removes green clothes-thing from underneath male, resulting in him being thrown off.
Pretty girl wearing clothes, in water, helps her self up in a boat.

Did it help? :D

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 25th, '08, 01:39

Could someone give me a link to the teaser? I need to see it for myself to try and determine which drama it is.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 25th, '08, 15:57

I'm guessing Legend of Hyang Dan?

It's the drama that replaced Coffee Prince and at least the time period fits Densha Otoko's description.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Aug 13th, '08, 05:59

Hi! I'd like to know the name of these dramas:

I live in SoCal, and I'm watching channel 18.3 right now, and there's this drama... don't know if it's Korean or Japanese, but it stars the guy from Dae Jang Geum... only, he's speaking in Japanese, English and Korean! So is the Japanese actress! I assume she's Japanese cuz she speaks that a lot faster than she does Korean. I saw it from the beginning with the #2, so I'm guessing it's the 2nd episode. There was a murder that took place, and the girl kept saying "ani" so it must be her brother who died? She remembered the cup/glass was placed upside down instead of right side up? And then there's a white teddy bear with a heart in the middle, that when you press it, can record your message? Anyway, it ended with a Korean cop giving the Dae Jang Geum guy, back his gun :scratch: Oh yeah, this drama looked old.. like it was filmed from a couple years back. Oh Oh yeah! There was also a picture book or children's book with a korean title, and then the Dae Jang Geum guy took the CD from the back of it.

Also! prior to this, there was another drama. Korean for sure. It stars Damdeok from Legend! Bae Yong Jun. I just know he called himself hunter? He had a thing for the hotel manager and she took him to some Diamond Suite? What's the name of this drama? I think it sad ep.8, so I already missed a lot.

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 13th, '08, 07:14

Also! prior to this, there was another drama. Korean for sure. It stars Damdeok from Legend! Bae Yong Jun. I just know he called himself hunter? He had a thing for the hotel manager and she took him to some Diamond Suite? What's the name of this drama? I think it sad ep.8, so I already missed a lot.
That one is Hotelier. It's one of my favorite professional dramas, and probably my favorite Song Hye Kyo pairing. I watched a little of it the other day too on 18.3 too.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Aug 13th, '08, 21:42

Oh yeah? Oh cool. Thanks belleza! I don't know who Song Hye Kyo is, but I've heard a lot about her and her beauty.. is she the chubby one in here? And what's up with those subtitles... they're terrible! :lol

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 13th, '08, 22:31

I don't know who Song Hye Kyo is, but I've heard a lot about her and her beauty.. is she the chubby one in here?
Yup, the chubby one is Song Hye Kyo. Chubby, squat, stubby, midget Song Hye Kyo. Yup. ;)

Kim Seung Woo is one of my favorite old-school leads; he can be tough, tender, and really unpretentious. He's also a good friend / senior figure to Bae Yong Joon. If you look around Youtube, there's a funny clip with the cast of Hotelier.

It happened to be that Hotelier aired at the same time Beautiful Days did (not sure if they competing in the same time slot, though.) Beautiful Days starred Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo. Choi Ji Woo's next project would be Winter Sonata, with BYJ. Byun Hun's next project would be All In, with Song Hye Kyo.
And what's up with those subtitles... they're terrible!
I think MBC subtitles are okay. Not WithS2 good, but readable. Having MBC America is so nice! The other day, I watched Phoenix, Dae Jang Geum, Hotelier, and Olympic handball.

sorrowgirl

what is the name of this drama

Post by sorrowgirl » Aug 14th, '08, 07:21

Things i remember

There are four main character:
the original singer
the fake singer
manager
original singer boyfriend

There a girl singer had a car accident, and the manager replaced her with a girl that had the same face as her.

Those two girl are long lost twin sisters. The manager also keep it a secret from those both girls. The manager also shock by the girl's look identical

The girl with the accident had many surgery to get back a beautiful face and try to be a singer again.

There a scene the original singer meet with a reporter or directer to explain her identity by her movement and habits. For example; cleans her cup after drinking, leaves no marks on the cup and wear a glove.

the original singer boyfriend own a beer or wine factory ( i not sure)

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 14th, '08, 10:58

sorrowgirl -- I think that's Wish Upon A Star

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Wish_Upon_A_Star

sorrowgirl

Post by sorrowgirl » Aug 16th, '08, 05:50

thanks 'belleza' i looked it up, it is not the drama i'm looking for. although i pretty sure it an old drama.

oldguy59

Post by oldguy59 » Aug 16th, '08, 06:45

twinklesstars wrote:i would like to know what the english name of this drama? I only got the korean and chinese name of this drama. thanks.

here is the picture:

KBFD called it Love and Hate when they broadcast it in Honolulu.

sosushi2

Name K-Drama

Post by sosushi2 » Aug 18th, '08, 14:06

Very few clues, but hopefully someone will remember.

The main male character comes back to his ex wife/ girlfriend (?)and she gets in his car . Her mother and daughter come out in the rain. The little girl gets hit by a car and dies. The mother is pushed down and also dies. The woman gets revenge by getting close to everyone this man knows and also finds he has named his daughter the same name that they had chosen for their child.

Not much info, but if anyone can recall, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :-)

EDIT
Found it!!! "TEARS OF DIAMOND" :cheers:
Last edited by sosushi2 on Aug 28th, '08, 16:06, edited 2 times in total.

Decollete

Post by Decollete » Aug 18th, '08, 18:30

Hi, I'm looking for the following Korean shows I watched several years ago.

The first one is a series. It is about flight attendants and their relationships with family, friends and fellow flight attendants.

The lead character, female, her boyfriend is also a flight attendant. Her brother, (not sure) a student at a university in the latter half of the series, has a girlfriend who is the youngest flight attendant with the crew.

The second one I would like to ask is a movie. It is about a video rental store. The store had an aquarium with a gold fish on it named Lemon (not sure). She becomes obsessed about a man who rented video at their store. She would go by his apartment for video returns. Later in the movie, she is in his apartment threatening suicide if he doesn't get into a relationship with her.

I hope you can give me a name for the two above, especially the first one, thanks.

j3ska

help on a drama/movie

Post by j3ska » Aug 19th, '08, 19:25

so i saw this clip during karaoke one night

Shin Eun-kyung is in it.
she buys a cigarette and a lighter from this vendor every day.
i think she works as a cleaning person at a restaurant, and one night she was about to use the microphone but her boss saw her and he started beating her.

any body know what this is? thanks!

spunkster

k drama

Post by spunkster » Sep 26th, '08, 10:01

1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
this one woman get in a serious car accident and her mother dies the surviving woman had to get 3 plastic surgery to get her face to normal. meanwhile the fiance dumps her and marries a rich girl in a big corporate. then the woman who had surgery gets a job at that company where the ex fiance works. somehow and the ceo of the rich girl helps her out thats all i know
2. The name in another language
i dont know
3. The names of any of the actors. Or maybe you don't know the name, but maybe you've seen them in some other drama.
Jo Kyeong-hwan i think he was the ceo in the drama but it was a big guy that looked like him
4. Post a picture

5. Perhaps the station it aired on
mbs sbs kbs?
6. Ancient or modern
modern
7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)

8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
2007 ish short drama
9. Any other information that may be helpful.
thats all for now does anybody know what this is??

oh yeah the woman has a kid and fiance didnt know about it. he kept on spying on her and wanted to get rid of her so she hired like a body guard ( close friend) and later the ex fiance got caught

engra

Post by engra » Oct 17th, '08, 10:39

I been trying for months to figure out which drama this was, unfortunately im not too knowledgeable on k dramas

I remember watching around 2002-2003, I watched it on VHS's but the watermark was KBS or SBS? (i think). the name was something like shinra? (honestly thats probabaly wrong). It was serious/sad drama.

i think the plot was basically this woman falls in love with this gangster type person, they first encounter each other when hes running away from some crooks and bumps into her (they dont interact though until later). I believe another man is also in love with her, but hes a bit more nerdy, he becomes good friends with her throughout (there is a scene where he is pushed off a hill and partially loses his vision?)

The girl would also find comfort in spending time alone and crying while listening to an old record player. i think this was a constant happening throughout (the song at least, it was melancholy/folky/foreign)

at the end, i believe the gangster is in jail, there he is notified that the girl died. a scene towards the end shows him scattering the ashes over the ocean?

If you could help me i would really appreicate it, thanks in advance!

iloveli

Post by iloveli » Oct 24th, '08, 14:45

I WANT TO KNOW THE NAME OF THIS DRAMA: IT IS ABOUT A GIRL NAMED MARIA AFTER GOING TO USA AND A BOY CALLED HARRY. THEY MET WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG IN THE SCHOOL. THEN THEY GO TO USA AND THEY ALSO MEET AGAIN BUT MARIA DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE BOY WAS HARRY (THE BOY SHE MEET WHEN YOUNG). MM I DON'T REMEMBER THE WHOLE DRAMA, THEY WERE RAPPED ONE TIME... MMM I DON'T KNOW IF WITH THIS PLOT U CAN HELP ME.

djkreazn

Hey guys, need some help please!

Post by djkreazn » Oct 28th, '08, 01:04

(I posted this in the other thread oops, I just now saw this thread haha)

Hey guys, my friend from work showed me a video that appears to be a music video, i can tell its a movie or a series. I don't really know if its korean, japanese, or chinese. The music is dubbed in arabic language, so ignore that. I have the link, if you guys can help me identify it, i would be really grateful! Thanks

heres the link:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 28th, '08, 01:44

It looks like just a Korean music video to me.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Oct 28th, '08, 04:00

iloveli,
it's called lobbyist

bloodshadow323

what is the name of this drama?

Post by bloodshadow323 » Nov 14th, '08, 08:17

Not sure if this is a kdrama but hopefuly you guys will be able to help me figure it out. thanks for any help ;D

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: what is the name of this drama?

Post by cool_drama » Nov 14th, '08, 08:20

bloodshadow323 wrote:Image

Not sure if this is a kdrama but hopefuly you guys will be able to help me figure it out. thanks for any help ;D
A Korean movie called Sex is Zero.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Nov 16th, '08, 23:21

After eps. 15 & 16 of Bad Couple, there's an ad/preview for a drama that looks interesting, but I have no clue what the name is!

There's a girl in a wedding dress, running & being chased by an unattractive guy, then as she's walking down the aisle to marry him, someone shouts something and she runs away. After that there are a bunch of REALLY short clips of her & a tall good-looking guy - looks like maybe she's getting a make-over or something? In one clip she's wearing a really tight skirt & has trouble getting up the steps onto a bus, and ends up going up the steps backwards. In another clip, the unattractive guy is lying on the floor on his back and she literally walks over him (steps on his stomach) & leaves. Near the end she grabs & kisses the good-looking guy.

Hope someone has an idea!

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Nov 16th, '08, 23:41

It says it's 칼잡이 오수정 or Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Nov 16th, '08, 23:55

That's it, thank you so much!! :cheers:

donttellmyfriendsilovekdr

Trying to figure out the name of this great K Drama I saw...

Post by donttellmyfriendsilovekdr » Jan 16th, '09, 21:22

Hi!

I was travelling in Vietnam recently and saw a great K Drama on KBS in my hotel room in the evening of January 1st...

The main girl was an artist who worked the day shift at a restaurant. She was having trouble paying for school with that job, so her roommate convinced her to become an escort through an online escort service.

Meanwhile, there's this guy who works at the same restaurant as her, but on the night shift, so he never gets to talk to her even though he has a crush on her. His friend, who is a regular of the online escort service, convinces him to try out the service. The guy finds his coworker/crush on the website, and reserves a date with her so he can have a chance to talk to her and meet her.

They hit it off but have various problems stemming from the awkward situation of paying for a date when they both kinda like each other, etc. Meanwhile, her roommate falls in love with one of her clients but gets played, and the guy's friend is being ignored by the girl he likes.

All this drama in one episode!!

But whats the name of it?? It was really great and I need to know the title so I can dl it and watch it here in the states!

Thanks!

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 26th, '09, 02:53

This has been bothering me for weeks. I saw this entry on dramawiki, but cannot find the page anymore. It would be out now or about to come out. I would think it would be a weekday drama or a Sat&Sun drama, as it seems more toward family. I don't remember much, just: i

t was focused on the "older generation" (late 30s, 40, 50) There were some couples who lived either in a small, rural town or an island. There was a younger woman who had a child (I think) who ran a small business of some sort that had been left to her. One of the couples had a "good for nothing" son that (I think) returns home after some time away from the home.

Any ideas?

Chyo2n

Post by Chyo2n » Mar 26th, '09, 23:24

nikkibell84 wrote:This has been bothering me for weeks. I saw this entry on dramawiki, but cannot find the page anymore. It would be out now or about to come out. I would think it would be a weekday drama or a Sat&Sun drama, as it seems more toward family. I don't remember much, just: i

t was focused on the "older generation" (late 30s, 40, 50) There were some couples who lived either in a small, rural town or an island. There was a younger woman who had a child (I think) who ran a small business of some sort that had been left to her. One of the couples had a "good for nothing" son that (I think) returns home after some time away from the home.

Any ideas?
I Guess......
Hometown Over the Hill / 산너머 남촌에는
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/namchon

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 26th, '09, 23:32

Chyo2n wrote:
I Guess......
Hometown Over the Hill / 산너머 남촌에는
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/namchon

That's not it. But, thanks for trying to help./

logo

Post by logo » May 10th, '09, 06:30

helloo, im looking for this drama i saw on the korean channel in the US and its about these 2 princesses that have to marry a maniac prince or something; and the reason 2 of the girls hav to marry him is bc the grandmother of them said that one of them can control him while the other one can get his heart ...the older one of the girls is very good at shooting arrows and her younger brother is jealous of that. thanks!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Is there any 'golden era' time period for Kdramas?

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 3rd, '09, 03:58

I'm wondering if there is any 'Golden Era' for Kdramas as there is for the Jdramas from early 1990s?

AHH

Anyone remember this drama?

Post by AHH » Jun 30th, '09, 08:39

I can't remember much about this drama except that i really liked it. It's about this guy who get's sent to jail when he was a teenager and when he comes out he works in a casino. He falls in love with a girl who is a nun i think or works at an orphanage. In the end he get's parkinsons i think and lives in this hut with the girl and there are alot of sunflowers around the hut. Hopefully someone can remember it. Also, i watched it when i was quite young, likes 10 years old maybe, i think i saw it in like 2000-2003 so i hope that helps. It's really was a great show.