Hayami Mokomichi

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
avontflex

Post by avontflex » Jul 6th, '08, 05:06

KawaiiYumeGirl wrote:Hayami Mokomichi.. defenetly hot :wub: .. I loved his role in Zettai kareshi.. he looked so cool ... :roll .. Kakoii
yup fully agreed. hope he got more leading role doramas. but seems tt his doramas are not tt popular...kinda of wasted for his pretty face

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 7th, '08, 17:27

I think his dramas are not too bad. I watched a few and enjoyed them. I liked them better than some of the more popular ones even. "Ame to Yume no ato ni" is quite touching. It was kind of freaky at first but I ended up crying more than being scared. And I wish there was a season 2 of hataraki man. I kinda want Tanaka-san and Matsukata-san to date ^^; I heard Rondo is kind of boring but I'll give it a try anyhow since Takenouchi is there too. But his dramas haven't been that good the last few years --;

wail

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 00:05

^ Totally. :)

I wonder why he's termed a bad actor before ZK. None of his work was bad, at least not his fault at all. I even find his acting in Regatta convincing and him and Aibu has a subtle yet charming chemistry in it. The drama itself has very boring parts, but that's not the fault of the actors/actresses there. Even in Jotei, where he did a cameo in Ep8, was entertaining to watch for such a lousy a drama, he did his best with his role as the number 1 gigilo there.

I love him in Hataraki Man, I do think they can do more with a second season with Tanaka and Matsukata too, it would be interesting to see how Tanaka under Matsukata's influence and his admiration of her as someone to look up to will maybe inspire him to become the next Hataraki Man, and Matsukata may see a new side to this obnoxious youngling and romance ensues!!!!! :) He has too little screen time in HM, what a waste when he's most gorgeous and every single outfit he's in was like a straight rip fr a fashion mag.

I dont like him in Rondo though, his character there was very one dimensional, typical cliched baddie, Rondo was just a disappointment in all aspects of the drama.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '08, 09:59

I think the issue with Mokomichi is probably his choice of roles. The roles I've watched him do so far are pretty plain. He's always the cool looking guy so you can't see his acting skills. So far I don't think Mokomichi is a great actor yet. I have yet to see him do anything difficult like attempting a role of someone with a handicap, mental or physical illness, evil roles, etc. He did a fair job acting as a robot though which is slightly different from his other roles. I wouldn't write him off as a bad actor yet. There are others who I think are worse. Anyhow I think he will learn and develop more as he does more projects.

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Jul 8th, '08, 15:10

he was termed as a bad actor in japan?! thats a pity...i dont tink he is that lousy...well i dont find yamapi or toma or matsu jun tt wonderful in acting either...i mean not saying they r lousy, but all look the same standard.

ZK was a pity lar cos i tink the storyplot wasnt well done, hence end up the show has low ratings. hope he got more nice gd shows coming up.

n ya, i tink he did a great job as a robot n a nice transition to become more human like towards the end.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 8th, '08, 17:51

Moko ain't a bad actor, least he's on par with most of the other popular under-25 actors these days. Problem is he got labelled as bad cos he took on a couple of roles which were out of his depth. Not everyone is an acting prodigy, most actors work their way up from really small roles for years gradually to leading man status. Even the Johnny's actors whose rise to important roles appear meteoric, usually take on roles well within their range.

Moko's inexperience was badly exposed in Rondo where the character was too complex. He wasn't exactly awful in Tokyo Tower but considering the same role was done by Odagiri Joe in the movie adaptation prior. With such a high standard set by Odagiri as comparison, obviousy Moko's performance appeared very much weaker. If we were to put Yamapi, Kame, Jin, Matsujun in the same roles, they'll be stuck with the "bad actor" label too. Just that JE wasn't stupid enough to do that thank goodness!

On hindsight if Moko took on roles in dramas like Anego, HYD, Hanakimi etc. It'll be safe to bet your last dollar that this thread would have been 111 pages long now instead of 11 lol.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '08, 19:11

I watched an episode of Tokyo Tower. I'm not sure if it's the story or Mokomichi's acting but it wasn't impressive. I didn't feel the urge to keep watching it but I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better or not.

As for Mokomichi being labeled as a bad actor or not I don't know but it seems he hasn't won any awards? Not that I noticed on websites about him. As for his popularity, I think he must be quite popular in Japan if he could make it to Anan ranking in the top 20 list. And he's been #1 in a few other popularity polls too. I noticed he seems to have a lot of commercials too in the last few years. So popularity wise, it's probably just overseas people who haven't taken much notice of him yet.

About his acting being on par with actors under age 25. I guess on average he is okay. But there are better actors out there under 25 like Oguri Shun cuz he's been acting since he was 13. So maybe given more time Mokomichi can improve too.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 20:20

After I've looked more closely at his works, I've noticed, yes, he's not totally memorable and terrific in his every turn, but he is always more than good enough. Most of his roles before Regatta was just being background noise, so he's not supposed to be the spotlight.

I cant agree ZK is a storyline done bad and a pity. It is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining dorama I watched for years, and other than being just a guilty pleasure in the beginning, it was surprisingly touching and one of the best written and paced ending. And I do think its rating is respectable for a frothy shoujo manga adaptation. Many ppl wrote it off as being yet another silly mindless waste of time before giving it a look ( I'm almost one of them).

As for Rondo, I hated that dorama, Yutaka was the ONLY thing terrific in it and I do feel sorry for him being stuck in this pretentious mess. It's not the worst dorama by long shot, but it could be sooo much better if it didnt try to be this pretentious and nonsensical. The script was not anything near good. It tried to fake it, but it ended up being a lousy shadow of maybe Internal Affair (HK movie classic) in the hands of a moronic writer. So I'm not going to give the excuse of Moco taking up a more complex role for him to chew, that role was just a typical baddie we've seen for way too many times. He did it as is according to the script, so it's flat and he failed.

I do enjoy his Tokyo Tower, I've read the book before watching the movie/the dorama, frankly I was going to watch it before, but I did give it up back then thinking it was draggy after watching the movie. I do find Odagiri's Masaya more interesting and captivating, but I want to credit it too to a better and more stylish production. A big 'character' which is the essence of the story should be Tokyo and its change of times. It should be nostalgically Tokyo with the Tower as a the symbol of all the dreams of aspirations of a young Japanese artist from the very rural Kyushu, but the drama was told more flatly. So in a way his character was more an average joe, but Odagiri's was more glammed up but then it's also a bit more pretentious and at times over the top....for me. Moco also needs to work on his crying, I find it forced. He did astonishingly improved in one of his last scenes in ZK when he was crying as a robot without tears, looking up to the sky.

So I do find since 2007 at least, he's been picking very drastically difference roles. I don't really know if roles picking for such a young actor was always up to his choosing, so I'm not going to fault him (at least for his cliched cameo in lousy Jotei).

I do agree Oguri Shun is at times a better actor, but his looks is an acquired taste (I apologized up front, but I find his face very plain). And I do think his turn in Hana Kimi is not a challenging one, compared to a similar and better done acting job in HYD. I do notice in general Johnny boys get better more fitting choices, but then those are safer as well. I do think Yamapi is a terrifically handsome guy, but every drama I've seen him in, it's like seeing Yamapi pretending to be a con, a doc, which is fine and dainty and even welcomed by fangirls.

And it's just so cliched that acting abilities ar shown only in roles that have some terminal disease or sth very drastically decapitating. We've seen these acting showcases way too many times for it to be interesting anymore. I think acting as a robot showing emotions and moving people is one of the hardest and most challenging roles cause there are simply not much research and references you can draw upon on. If Moco came up with his Naito after studying every movie Schwarzenegger was in, he's a genius. lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '08, 21:35

wail wrote: I cant agree ZK is a storyline done bad and a pity. It is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining dorama I watched for years, and other than being just a guilty pleasure in the beginning, it was surprisingly touching and one of the best written and paced ending. And I do think its rating is respectable for a frothy shoujo manga adaptation. Many ppl wrote it off as being yet another silly mindless waste of time before giving it a look ( I'm almost one of them).
Actually, I didn't enjoy ZK much until the last episode. I much preferred the manga mainly because Riko wasn't so mean. I actually really disliked Riko in the drama. She acts like a child for a woman in her 20's. I wanted to slap her. Even if something it's a machine, it shouldn't be treated with such disrespect. If she totally didn't even find him nice, she shouldn't have even bought him IMO. I would have stopped watching it if not for the ikemen boys and I liked the manga.
I do agree Oguri Shun is at times a better actor, but his looks is an acquired taste (I apologized up front, but I find his face very plain). And I do think his turn in Hana Kimi is not a challenging one, compared to a similar and better done acting job in HYD. I do notice in general Johnny boys get better more fitting choices, but then those are safer as well. I do think Yamapi is a terrifically handsome guy, but every drama I've seen him in, it's like seeing Yamapi pretending to be a con, a doc, which is fine and dainty and even welcomed by fangirls.
I guess Shun's looks is probably acquired taste. But so is yamapi ^^; I don't think he's that great looking either. And I don't like his acting. After watching a few of his dramas, I completely refuse to watch anymore. At first he's tolerable but after awhile he's just irritating.

I find Shun is sometimes good looking but sometimes not so great looking. Of course not all his roles are great. Some of his dramas I don't like but it's because I didn't like the character and not so much his acting. His acting skills are proven more through his stage plays than his dramas and movies I think because the characters are complicated and has more depth. Though I thought his acting as a deaf kid in Summer Snow was really good.

In regards to HanaKimi, I blame it on the writers for doing a bad job of writing up Sano's character. I liked Sano in the manga but it seemed in the drama, Sano was written like an ass and put in the background with little screen time considering his character importance was second to Mizuki. I also wonder if maybe Shun shouldn't have taken the role if he was so busy too. I'm not sure if he was too busy or they just didn't give him enough character development so he only concentrated on practicing high jumps.
And it's just so cliched that acting abilities ar shown only in roles that have some terminal disease or sth very drastically decapitating. We've seen these acting showcases way too many times for it to be interesting anymore. I think acting as a robot showing emotions and moving people is one of the hardest and most challenging roles cause there are simply not much research and references you can draw upon on. If Moco came up with his Naito after studying every movie Schwarzenegger was in, he's a genius. lol
In regards to terminal diseases. I don't mean it has to be terminal but something like a deaf, mute, crippled, blind or mentally ill people. Those are difficult to portray because you have to read up and observe to do it properly and not from watching how others did it but how the actual people suffering from it actually do it. I've seen actors/actresses fail at it. Even Koizora which was suppose to be so great. I thought Miura didn't do a very good job acting as a terminally ill person. But Yui wasn't bad in it.
As for lack of robot references. There's several American ones around like Bicentennial man and others or observe robot documentaries. Also I think Terminator is a much more advanced robot than Moko's version. Terminator is more like the manga version of ZK because he's movements are more fluid. And yea I had a problem with Mokomichi's hyperventilating problem when he was breaking down. You don't see Terminator breathing hard as his system is having problems, hence I thought he did a fair job. Not easy acting as a robot.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 22:06

I do agree in your post for most part, seirin, yes Yamapi cant act one bit, and it's getting irritating, but I do understand the fangirls still watching him being himself cosplaying as a doc or whatever, I bet they do get enjoyment out of it.

I dislike the manga though, I find the storyline fluff and at times cliched.. but I think in the manga, all the characters ar given enough development, except Night. I dont feel much for Night in the manga. Yes Riiko was less annoying, but if I treated her as a hiro fangirl (lol) all her annoying habits towards Night can be easily explained. And also there is no written rule as to we should act our age, ppl do in their 20s, 30s act or have the mentality of a teenager. I find Riiko annoying, yet realistic. But isnt it a greater feat for a robot(or Moco's acting) to finally gain her true love?

I was very joking as to saying Schwarzenegger is in any way shape or form a better robot/actor. He is exactly what Moco is falsely accused of, wooden acting to the extreme of robotic hence doing a stint being a robot is easy breezy. Every single role he's in, he's robotic to me, I will cut him the slack of his accent. Being robotic is very diff fr portraying a robot though. Moco's Naito has been very precise and consistant esp in his physical control. I really cant find any unexplained gestures he did in ZK that was out of character esp aided by good writing. If Moco's Night has resemblance of Arnie's Terminator, it wont be anything more than a piece of metal to me.

So what I'm saying is that being a robot with emotions is as hard to do or more so than a human being put in a very extreme situations as you've mentioned. We've seen terrific performances of those throout the years and it's a reality for a lot of courageous souls to pull reference to.

But being a charming robot with feelings... I like Bicentennial man to a certain extent, Robin Williams is always very catchy in his roles, but his robot failed to evict emotions to me, maybe it's coz I love the book way way more.

What's wrong with the hyperventilating as a robot? He has nostril and it's perfectly plausible for the machine to ventilate thro those 'holes' when he's overheated, ne?
Last edited by wail on Jul 8th, '08, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '08, 22:23

well, nostrils are for humans to breath. He just has it for aesthetic reasons. And there are holes so computers can ventilate, but I think a simple background whirring noise or such with him bending in malfunction mode or toppling over is good enough. The jerky movements are okay too since he is malfunctioning. But when he was hyperventilating, his chest heaving and he was breathing hard. Robots don't need to breath. I've yet to hear any electronic devices making deep breathing sounds.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 22:29

well for the sake of argument, we're shown his underlying metal shull do have 'holes' in/beside the 'nose' shown in ep 1 and if the weirdo Namikiri designed for the computer to ventilate there, how can u be so sure it's purely aesthetic?! And I mean anatomically Night is humanly in appearance, there are only so many 'holes' anatomically correct to be 'used' for ventilation and at critical situation to have the whatever cavity to heave mechanically for more volume for gaseous exchange, y not?! That is more a mechanical process in essence than a solely biological function. It's Namikiri's design not yours, ...hehe and bringing in real electronic devices making deep breathing sounds, I'm sure that can be made to satisfy you, if a lover robot looking like Moco can be made. ;)

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Jul 9th, '08, 14:49

wa suddenly the thread becomes like a discussion for machine ventilators...

but in my pt of view i stil tink its the storyplot that cause ZK not to b nice, i tink if it follow nicely to manga, moko wil b famous here. but well...some actors really need time to shine. hiroshi tamaki came out for some time before getting famous in nodame too :) unlike johnny boys, i tink their roles get secured as gd roles more easily? n they r like super super popular...just show their pretty faces and this will be sufficient :)

the best thing for moko wil b better n more upcoming chances as male leads in dramas which he can shine

sunshine990

Post by sunshine990 » Jul 9th, '08, 15:36

woooow! it's nice to see this thread so full of mocofan ^^

I didn't see all ZK for now (only the forst 2 eps) but I really love the manga and for now I like the drama!
and I was breathless when she open the big box containing such a gorgeus robot *__* I want him too!!!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 9th, '08, 17:20

wail wrote:well for the sake of argument, we're shown his underlying metal shull do have 'holes' in/beside the 'nose' shown in ep 1 and if the weirdo Namikiri designed for the computer to ventilate there, how can u be so sure it's purely aesthetic?! And I mean anatomically Night is humanly in appearance, there are only so many 'holes' anatomically correct to be 'used' for ventilation and at critical situation to have the whatever cavity to heave mechanically for more volume for gaseous exchange, y not?! That is more a mechanical process in essence than a solely biological function. It's Namikiri's design not yours, ...hehe and bringing in real electronic devices making deep breathing sounds, I'm sure that can be made to satisfy you, if a lover robot looking like Moco can be made. ;)
Robots don't do gaseous exchange ^^; They need to keep their system cool. If they heat up, electronic parts get damaged. If Narimiki did add the deep breathing sounds it wouldn't be for breathing and very x-rated ^^; Anyhow if they did want to use heavy breathing as a human-machine form of ventilation, then his chest shouldn't heave because he doesn't have lungs, his fan would just be spinning inside. He's made of metal parts. It would be difficult for him to do heavy breathing and not move his chest so my take would be just to replace with sound effect.

I got around to continue watching Tokyo Tower. So far pretty slow going. I didn't really like his character in ep1 and 2 but I guess he will grow and learn. The plot so far doesn't seem very interesting.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 9th, '08, 22:01

^ true true, but what if we take gaseous exchange and put it to a twist, he may just be exchanging hot for cold air instead of the biological oxygen/CO2, his chest can still heave to increase volume of 'inhaled' cold air to......ok I'll stop with my nonsense. ;P

Anyways, avontflex, I don't like the manga, so I VERY disagree that following it to a tee will solve anything. And I do agree the ZK plot was not the most interesting in the beginning. I skipped thro 4 to 6. 7 on, hold my attention and it got way better in last eps.

Popularity is very hard to grasp, for me, there are way too many overrated popular stars running around, starring in decent dramas that I wish can be done by more talented actors... timing is what's lacking for Moco. He shines fine in ZK, he got new fans coz of this drama (I'm one) and some watched the drama initially coz of Hiro (me again) and our eyes and attention just got attracted by Moco's. I mean is Tamaki totally deserving of his Godly status now just coz of nodame? Ueno yes, but I'm not sold on his acting ability...yet.

Yeah, Seirin, Tokyo Tower is a slow paced dorama through out. His character in there is not likable and it's not set out to be. And watching it did guilt-trip me to think of what I did my mom wrong, so it's not exactly enjoyable either. I'm not sure he WILL get more likable for u later on at all. Coz what's most fetching about the book/drama/movie is the realistic 'storytelling' of a mother/son relationhip. It's autobiographical, and the author didnt set out to dress himself up, it's more a tribute to his mother or the begone days of the Tokyo he's fascinated wtih. It didnt use much over the top antics. I just find Moco did a decent job playing just an ordinary not too good/bad son, with some ambition but most of the time just a loser. He underacts (if that's word) or needs improvements but I do appreciate/tolerate it more than overacting. So far at least he's accomplish the basics of whatever role he's in, he did the part, I dont see the usual Moco anymore in his Masaya (tokyo tower), when he's Naito, he's Naito.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 10th, '08, 01:50

wail wrote:Popularity is very hard to grasp, for me, there are way too many overrated popular stars running around, starring in decent dramas that I wish can be done by more talented actors... timing is what's lacking for Moco. He shines fine in ZK, he got new fans coz of this drama (I'm one) and some watched the drama initially coz of Hiro (me again) and our eyes and attention just got attracted by Moco's. I mean is Tamaki totally deserving of his Godly status now just coz of nodame? Ueno yes, but I'm not sold on his acting ability...yet.
Actually i think Moko had his wave of popularity right after Gokusen 2 , Densha Otoko. In fact i would argue that the Gokusen 2 gang hype then was greater than the Hanakimi gang hype that we're now. I recall seeing tons of Moko's product endorsement posters in Japanese streets, his name up in almost all the popularity polls. By comparison, Mizushima Hiro (whom many viewed ZK for) is not even half as popular now as when Moko was back then.

Think the association with JAV actress "scandal" halted Moko's momentum. I enjoyed Regatta back then, wanting to find out the reason behind its poor ratings, surfed around and discovered many of his female fans discarding him, boycotting the drama since he commented about being friends with a JAV actress how people shouldn't discriminate friends cos of their line of work. Don't think i've ever seen such a mass exdous of fans over a single period since Nagase Tomoya admitted dating Ayu many years back. It's really amusing to see comments like "Looking at him now makes me feel very dirty cos she's so disgusting" never changes even with the generation gap and all.

If Moko is indeed a good actor, he'll be able to work his way back from scandals just like what Fujiwara Tatsuya, Nagase and Yamada Takayuki has done. They will never be voted into any "Most Prince like or Guy i want to marry" poll since they are considered "dirty" but recongised as very good actors in their own right.

mocomoco

Post by mocomoco » Jul 10th, '08, 03:54

O I first fall in love with him in Regatta too. I didnt pay attention to ratings and didnt know it did that bad. It's not the best dorama, but I enjoyed it. Moco was so charming and I felt his love/angst for Aibu's character whenever he's looking at her. But maybe kokitty and I were the minority. ( I love Nagase too!)

Of course imo every breathing straight girl should fall for his Night in ZK, it's sth that absolute you should question your sexual preferences if u dont. lol I didnt know Hiro was this popular until I realize ppl r shipping for Soshi just coz it's HIro. Oh well...

I do know he was regarded as not a good actor, and he was always in very minor roles. So in this aspect I think he was not given his fair share. His relationship with an JAV actress or rumor of it is all it takes to shot him down? wow! Really?!!@#!@ I thought he was still pretty popular because of his looks cause I still see him on TV shows, but underrated for his acting or trapped in insignificant roles. Havent watched Tokyo Tower yet, not my kind of drama.

I recalled some Johnny boys having rumors with JAV actresses too, Are they as affected?!

I really cant picture anybody fr Hana Kimi being as famous as the Gokusen guys just because of the drama. Gokusen maybe reusing the same formula over and over, but they r well done and well acted (at least 1,2) with interesting characters and they preached some life lessons. Hana Kimi was like a bad silly joke trying to be funny. Oguri, Maki and Toma are good, but they cant save the script. So any other guys getting their popularity out of HK should count their blessings.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '08, 15:49

Actually, it really only takes one big scandal to pull a star down. I think if Mokomichi said "I am dating her", he would definitely never recover again. If he had said "I didn't know so I won't see her again", he would probably recover a little faster. Cuz he said "I didn't know but I will still be friends with her", it makes it kind of harder to recover. When I first read about it from googling his name I was quite shocked. Then I read more about the misunderstanding and thought it happens. But you know, when it's brought up into the light, some may kind of wonder if he did indeed date her and just said he didn't so he wouldn't look so bad. Also some may think he did sleep with an AV star which I think most asian females view as "dirty".

As for JE boys seen with AV stars. I'm sure Johnny would suppress the news if any were caught so it wouldn't make it to the news.

xento

Post by xento » Jul 10th, '08, 17:15

seirin wrote:If he had said "I didn't know so I won't see her again", he would probably recover a little faster. Cuz he said "I didn't know but I will still be friends with her", it makes it kind of harder to recover.
I would actually despise him if he had said the former. Whether they were dating or simply friends, he at least didn't lie about not knowing her. But his so-called 'fans' who ditched him straight afterwards of course think otherwise. Not sure if it's just a sign of his popularity dwindling, but he seems to be unusually low-profile these days you can hardly find any news on him.
wail wrote: I don't really know if roles picking for such a young actor was always up to his choosing, so I'm not going to fault him (at least for his cliched cameo in lousy Jotei).
I think we can safely say that his company Ken-On has a great influence over which roles he gets. In a way, he's the luckier one since his company promotes him quite a bit (even post-scandal) and he's been given many chances to lead, but there's also the setback of being paired with the same actors/actresses from his company again and again. Not that there's anything wrong with them but sometimes working with other artists may help in the long-run? Say Tokyo Tower for instance, I think to date, he still credits learning the most to working alongside veteran actress Baisho Mitsuko. I also wish his company would let him play more supporting roles rather than always pushing him to be the lead. He still managed to shine despite playing relatively minor roles in Brother Beat and Hataraki Man.

This is all only wishful thinking though because latest rumour is he will co-star in a detective drama with Matsuda Shota this coming fall – marking what should be their 3rd collaboration? :pale: I fear for him because most still find his acting sub-par even after Zettai and if he can't handle playing a human well next, then he will forever be typecast as the wooden robot. Honestly, I think he not only has the advantage of being tall and good-looking. He also doesn’t look too boyishly innocent like Teppei which means he could try taking on villainous roles. But judging from what you all say about Rondo which I made a pass on, seems like his first attempt failed miserably. =P

I also made a pass on Gokusen 2 simply because it’s not my cup of tea, but I think every fan should at least watch Tokyo Tower and Ame to Yume. Acting-wise, he wasn’t brilliant but it was enough to make me feel moved, even though this probably owes much to the fact that both were adapted from well-written novels. I was also surprised to see him in Hotman SP where his appearance was very brief because his character died tragically from a motorcyle crash...it was interesting nonetheless seeing him next to Sorimachi Takashi who's equally tall and dark looking. ^^

wail

Post by wail » Jul 10th, '08, 20:38

^Thanks for your informative post, I have to admit I do not know/care much about the 'scandal' and never will I think whomever an actor is with has anything to do with him/her being 'dirty'. I \thought AV industry has a certain niche/acceptance in the Japanese society and for sth as 'minor' as a young actor to be rumored with an AV star and causing such a big downfall was dumbfounding for me. From Moco's looks (esp before 04) and how he's presented himself in shows, what he said about his past, he was never a goody2shoes, just some ordinary highschooler fr bustling Shibuya who smoked and hang out with his gang of friends off the streets all day. Did the frenzied fans expect a monk fr him, and looking this hot?! Maybe his fling with the AV actress earned him his male recognition. :lol:

In the pics, they were not even holding hands or tog, just them appearing in the same vicinity same night. Iit's indeed blown out of proportion and quite unfair for Moco or anybody. Things popped up on Moco that I googled: his lousy 'wooden' acting and his rumored AV gf. That's a shame.

I do remember reading Kame and Jin rumored with the same AV actress at diff times with pics. Johnny E handled it better than Ken-On. I do give Moco credits for being st forward, but Ken-On made a bigger deal out of it with press conference, and reading somewhere Moco cried and apologized (for what!? :crazy: )

My question of how he gained his notoriety of a bad actor is still unanswered after watching most of his performances. Esp with comparisons with other young actors (*cough* YamP), I really find him good enough, better than some, nothing to point fingers at, and 'subpar?!....even AFTER ZK? That will honestly leave me speechless. Any other of his performances I will honor the diff of opinion. True, he has not proven himself as good/consistent, he just had one great performance as Naito in my book. His acting in ZK was at least very decent if not terrific in every scene u look at it. I think ppl released their dislike of the adaptation and the changes made to the character/the story and again blamed it unjustly on the actor. Don't shoot the messenger! His robot in ZK was far fr wooden/unfeeling, his Naito was robotic but he's shown me emotions without any of our humanly expressive tools and faces. Some accused his Naito as being too human in gestures, then another labeled it as wooden. Are we watching the same show?! If his Naito is 'subpar' in ZK, it'll only be fair if we slapped some more offensive ones on Aibu's Riiko and worst yet Hiro's Soshi.

Sigh, again one of those boys. Frankly I dont have a prob with Matsuda Shota in HYD, that was a way better acted version compared to the TW's though I question the peculiar standard of beauty for flower boys, but the more I've seen him on screen, the more repetitive he looked in drastically diff roles which squeaked lousy acting. When I watched Regatta, I wasnt a Moco fan yet, just checking it out and weighin on the green performances, and I find Shota's way more problematic out of the bunch when I saw his Akiyama in way too many scenes , Same with the unwatchable Jotei. So instead of fear for Moco in a detective drama, I'm more concerned with Shota repeating his same 'cool' faces. And with Shota's own fame and overrated recognition now, it'll be odd to see him as a wingman to Moco again.

Now I realized Moco has such an unbelievable uphill battle to fight that his acting will forever get microscopically ridiculed no matter what. When he did well enough as in Tokyo Tower or Ame to Yum, it's credited to great scripts. When he did bad as in Rondo, 'he failed miserably' (FYI: CJW was unbearably worst and she's the lead and a supposingly great actress). He'll need an insane amount of luck. Well good luck to him.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '08, 21:18

wail wrote:^Thanks for your informative post, I have to admit I do not know/care much about the 'scandal' and never will I think whomever an actor is with has anything to do with him/her being 'dirty'. I \thought AV industry has a certain niche/acceptance in the Japanese society and for sth as 'minor' as a young actor to be rumored with an AV star and causing such a big downfall was dumbfounding for me. From Moco's looks (esp before 04) and how he's presented himself in shows, what he said about his past, he was never a goody2shoes, just some ordinary highschooler fr bustling Shibuya who smoked and hang out with his gang of friends off the streets all day. Did the frenzied fans expect a monk fr him, and looking this hot?! Maybe his fling with the AV actress earned him his male recognition. :lol:
Well, I think it's not so much they think he should be a monk but more a long the lines that he is a pervert and just wants to hump in bed with any girl that has big boobs. I think most people know guys are perverts but having it talked about in papers doesn't give a good image. I don't know about America, but AV girls are frowned upon in Asia. If a star turned that route, they would be considered hitting rock bottom. "Veronica Yip Yuk Hing" never got back into show biz after her AV stint though she got a lot of publicity. Course she wasn't a good actress anyhow.
Things popped up on Moco that I googled: his lousy 'wooden' acting and his rumored AV gf. That's a shame.
I could understand where they're coming from. I don't think any of his roles have been outstanding to date and he always seems to act the cool guy. His biggest role challenge is probably ZK. I also liked his portrayal of Tanaka-san in Hararaki Man. The ratings weren't bad too. around 12-13% average. I also think having him play the loser in Tokyo Tower didn't help boost his popularity.
Sigh, again one of those boys. Frankly I dont have a prob with Matsuda Shota in HYD, that was a way better acted version compared to the TW's though I question the peculiar standard of beauty for flower boys, but the more I've seen him on screen, the more repetitive he looked in drastically diff roles which squeaked lousy acting. When I watched Regatta, I wasnt a Moco fan yet, just checking it out and weighin on the green performances, and I find Shota's way more problematic out of the bunch when I saw his Akiyama in way too many scenes , Same with the unwatchable Jotei. So instead of fear for Moco in a detective drama, I'm more concerned with Shota repeating his same 'cool' faces. And with Shota's own fame and overrated recognition now, it'll be odd to see him as a wingman to Moco again.
I do agree Shota's acting ability isn't very good. He seems to act pretty much the same in every drama. I'm not exactly estatic about Shota and Mokomichi acting together again. Shota's dramas haven't been getting high ratings other than HYD (due to shun, jun and HYD fans) If they act together again, Moko's drama will probably get ignored again ^^; If he wants to get a popularity boost he would need to pair up with idol or popular actors or find a great script.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 10th, '08, 22:09

Actually to be fair, that AV actress is just like any typical girl next door. I honestly believe any guy cant tell she's an AV actress (not that I think Moco didnt know she's) Most AV actresses r human beings too (just with bigger boobs :lol )

Yeah I understand the label attached to adult industry in Asia, but in Japan I thought AV industry is so mainstream for soo long that ppl wont be batting all their eyelashes off. It is very double standard afterall. It's not like Moco was caught doing an AV. He was not huge in any place other than Japan, he really had no big hit under his belt to his credit...so I never knew this was sucha HUGE deal everywhere else.

And getting kinda caught in a pic taken at night at a bldg said to be home of an AV actress ONE time (in the pic all he's holding is a can of coke ) = a pervert?! hump in beds?! And if we're beginning to fault guys having a thing for big chested girls...we'd better start liking programmed robots for real. Dont mind me, just my rant.

Still.....'not outstanding' in his roles is a vast diff fr labelled left and right lousy/wooden. That is still uncalled for and I will never understand. Loser in Tokyo Tower doesnt boost his popularity but should get him some recognition, that was a pivotal performace by Moco for me to fall for him as an actor with some potential, again he was not perfect there, but it's a challenging role, he did solidly well, it's not going to be a safe fangirl magnet like all those ikemen dramas, but he did pour effort in it. Seeing him in person, what part of him screams loser?! And that was just months apart fr his Tanaka in Hataraki man, what a drastic difference. That TT role does take some serious acting to accomplish what he portrayed. But he didnt get much noise from it, his wooden/lousy actor label stuck... That's another shame I'll never understand. :whistling:

I almost forgot our roboto can look lethally hot like this.
cred on pic

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 11th, '08, 00:28

wail wrote: And getting kinda caught in a pic taken at night at a bldg said to be home of an AV actress ONE time (in the pic all he's holding is a can of coke ) = a pervert?! hump in beds?! And if we're beginning to fault guys having a thing for big chested girls...we'd better start liking programmed robots for real. Dont mind me, just my rant.
It's not about caught with AV actress on camera than rumoured to be dating one. Basically in Japan, if you are dating, chances are you are also humping each other in bed. I had a friend who liked a guy and they slept together (no sex) then she didn't know what to take from it if he was interested. He asked if she would have sex with him and she said she wasn't ready and he said no they aren't dating then. This seems to be the thought of most Japanese guys.

Anyhow, it would be very "undesirable" or "dirty" to see an actor you like with an AV actress. They are human as well, but imagine seeing videos of an AV actress on video and imagine that was the actor you like as the guy there :PP not so fun.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 11th, '08, 14:17

wail wrote:My question of how he gained his notoriety of a bad actor is still unanswered after watching most of his performances. Esp with comparisons with other young actors (*cough* YamP), I really find him good enough, better than some, nothing to point fingers at, and 'subpar?!....even AFTER ZK? That will honestly leave me speechless.
Personally i'll put it down to 2 factors. Firstly, his "failures" aka Rondo, Tokyo Tower were too notable as compared to the failures of other young actors in their respective dramas. Rondo was an overhyped drama which became such an awful mess that it stayed in people's minds, though Moko wasn't the chief culprit, his failures were more vivid in contrast to other young actors who did badly in minor dramas. For Tokyo Tower, as said there was the Odagiri Joe factor weighing in. Furthermore, Tokyo Tower was a Fujitv Getsuku drama, the most hyped and anticipated dramas being shown in that timeslot in any particular season, people just expected more from him. To put it simply, did Moko do an awful job in Tokyo Tower? NO. Would the drama be better served by casting a more suitable and experienced actor? YES. For example, I think Akanishi Jin did an awful job in the leading role with Yukan Club, but would another actor significantly improve the awfulness that was Yukan Club? Not really. Most people would easily forget about Yukan Club after that season since it was quite unnotable anyway. Replacing Jin with another actor wouldn’t have improved Yukan Club vastly but there is a very good chance replacing Moko in Tokyo Tower might have greatly improved the drama. Hence Jin “got away” with being labeled widely as a “wooden/bad actor” while Moko got labeled as “wooden”.

Secondly, it’s expectations. Moko’s star rose very fast after Gokusen 2. He became the primary CM endorser of Au, ANA and many other products, endorsements which gave him very good media exposure. Unlike young female stars who can get tons of high CMs (good and easy money too), it usually takes longer for male stars to achieve that. For Moko to have attained that level of endorsements in such a relatively short period after debute, people naturally expected more from him to be deserving of that sort of commercial success. When he wasn’t such an overwhelming success in his main career - acting, most people tend to come down harder on him
wail wrote: Still.....'not outstanding' in his roles is a vast diff fr labelled left and right lousy/wooden. That is still uncalled for and I will never understand.
I do agree that it’s very cruel for him to have been stuck with the wooden/bad label since he’s just merely “not outstanding” and almost 80% of the popular U-25 actors are just as “not outstanding”. As to whether it was uncalled for, many factors played its way into that. It’s a very tough biz to be in, Moko is very lucky to have a very strong jimusho, outstanding looks which gave him a very good headstart compared to his peers. People who called him “wooden/bad” probably found their reasons to come down harsher on him, not based on his acting but from his general profile.

xento

Post by xento » Jul 11th, '08, 17:35

wail wrote:When he did well enough as in Tokyo Tower or Ame to Yum, it's credited to great scripts.
seirin wrote:I also think having him play the loser in Tokyo Tower didn't help boost his popularity.
Actually, I first only knew of him when I stumbled upon Tokyo Tower by accident. Having not watched Jdramas for years, I was a bit out of the loop with all the up-and-rising U25 stars. Decided to give it a shot because of all the hype surrounding the movie but somehow I ended up watching the drama instead and basically cried my eyes out from beginning to end. I don't think he played a loser as such but it was more of a realistic portrayal of how all late teens must have behaved selfishly towards their mothers one time or another. I only gave credit to the brilliant script because of how easy it should be for any student who has studied alone abroad before or moved away from home to find a bit of Maa-kun in themselves. True I wasn’t dazzled by his performance or anything but it was certainly not as bad as some critics made it out to be. That's why I was a bit baffled when I learned that he has always been deemed a bad actor. Perhaps it was the comparison with the far more superior Odagiri Jo, or the fact that he did not really resemble the real-life Masaya who was supposed to be quite eccentric? This coupled with the worst opening rating for a getsuku drama in how many number of years certainly didn’t help. I also agree with kokitty that he rose to stardom a tad too quickly with no real solid sound performance up his sleeve. His profile was never really clean to begin with and it only took one straw to break the camel’s back...that scandal just had to happen at the timeliest of times. =/ I think since then, people had unfairly tended to raise the bar when judging him when there are far worse actors out there not quite deserving of their fame. People ought to at least cut him some slack for not showing too many traces of his earlier characters when tackling a new role...well safe for Regatta and that Doubutsu SP where he played the same hotheaded ambitious young guy with no real variation. His most contrasting characters to date are probably Tanaka and Night LOL – the fashionable new editor who never smiled and changed his clothes every other scene and the robot with that mechanic smile who had to mend his own clothes.

(Btw wail, CJW is the sole reason why I'm not planning on watching Rondo. Too much of hassle to have to zap thro all her scenes just to catch a glimpse of Moko. :P )

wail

Post by wail » Jul 11th, '08, 21:59

kokitty, sento, I do agree. I mean it makes some sense to me that Moco was considered not good an actor. But it lost me when the other U25 80% were unscathed....and they dun look half like Moco :lol

I know I have too many rants, but say many of those CM queens ar not really backed up with much acting credentials. I thought Moco just got his godzillions CMs fr being the most tanned 1: 8.5 or whatever proportion of a model in Japan. I was out of the loop with doramas for years too and have seen him in Densho first and his CMs and thought he's just a model. And he didnt really get much solid roles till Regatta and TT. So I mean did ppl really expect him to be terrific an actor to begin with? He was all looks I thought, and I didnt even know and recogn him as Hermes bro = roboto in ZK. So measuring him up and seemingly faulting only him with those strict standards .... still lost me. But then if its a diff btn the sexes and male actors are required to earn their status in the CM world with acting chops first, then I do get a better understanding. now I do realize I dont see as many CMs with those redhot pretty boys. And, is Gackt considered a decent actor?! :blink watched a bit of Fuurin Kazan... Taiga and me still dont get along.

I'll stop my rant and grumblings if I see anyone of those Johnny pretty boys who r worst actors being slapped and ridiculed and beaten to death with a lousy label to be fair. :lol

and sento, seriously so very wise of you on skipping Rondo (I wished I had your judgement), it turned me into a worst psycho than DV Sosuke. I do have the urge to slap whenever her 'props' of tears started welling. So my rant again, Rondo = lousy messy script. Female lead's performance was at best an annoying joke. Moco's side villian (yeah there's couple more biggie cliched villians *yawn*) didnt have enough screen time to leave much impression other than he's forgettable. If out of every lousiness of that drama this boy was the one who got faulted, I'm still pissed (maybe coz I did wasted 10 hours watching that mess) And...Moco is not yummy in Rondo. :P Yutaka was though.

Tokyo Tower had a great script. Maybe when I read the book (before watching Joe's movie), I didnt picture the Ma-kun as eccentric and odd as Joe's, so I felt that Moco's Ma-kun was not 'subpar' per se but just more normal or typical. Yes, Moco was buggin me in TT whenever he cried. And I did wonder if a replacement will make it better. (and yeah, it prob would...fr very good to terrific) There are also scenes in the movie I found more haunting and poetic. So the worst getsuku opening was... again too harsh and messing with my brain. A great script, terrific performances ( other than Moco's I like performances of drama Okan and Oton way more), passable Ma-kun doesnt equate to worst worst getsuku. (ok I googled, less grumpy now knowing it's not the lowest rated... few worst ones (deserving) I've seen: Suppli, First Kiss..)
My brain hurts esp after I watched a bit of Code Blue and learnt of its rating. wht the

Just to add to my confusion, I find Change having a great script, but Kimura... shocked me, he seemed lost and out of place/character. I wont dare to say replacing him will make a better Change, though I did ponder, he's the holy Kimura afterall. But he's still getting great compliments/ratings through out the years being a variation of himself in diff roles. I did watch everything he's in and yes he's charismatic and has presense, and yes I did enjoy his terrific Karei-naru Ichizoku more than the competition TT.

So yeah, after watching TT, I watched Changed then tasted Code Blue. Got a good dose of gorgeous J actors with vastly diff acclaims and success and my impressions of their performances ar very different fr what the ratings r hinting on.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 11th, '08, 22:19

wail wrote: My brain hurts esp after I watched a bit of Code Blue and learnt of its rating. wht the
I didn't even bother with Code Blue. After seeing Yamapi as the list of actors I just got turned off. And also they're a bunch of young kids playing doctors O_o I would expect veterans to be playing those type of dramas and the young ones as supporting roles.
Just to add to my confusion, I find Change having a great script, but Kimura... shocked me, he seemed lost and out of place/character. I wont dare to say replacing him will make a better Change, though I did ponder, he's the holy Kimura afterall. But he's still getting great compliments/ratings through out the years being a variation of himself in diff roles. I did watch everything he's in and yes he's charismatic and has presense, and yes I did enjoy his terrific Karei-naru Ichizoku more than the competition TT.
I find although Kimura's acting isn't godly, but he always picks interesting topics of interest. And the roles he does are on average not bad. I didn't find him annoying in them at least. He always plays the typical "joe" just in different occupations which is fine I suppose as long as he doesn't ruin the character he's suppose to portray. On average I don't think Kimura's acting is bad. I thought he did Asakura character alright. He's suppose to be a typical school teacher. Nothing amazing but works hard for the people. I find his eyes to be pretty amazing ^^; He can create chemistry with any actress cuz his eyes just seem to speak without words.
So yeah, after watching TT, I watched Changed then tasted Code Blue. Got a good dose of gorgeous J actors with vastly diff acclaims and success and my impressions of their performances ar very different fr what the ratings r hinting on.
Well, there hasn't been many great dramas out this spring. I can't even get over Gokusen 3 ratings beating Change. Gokusen 3 is just a rehash of gokusen. How many times can you watch Yankumi beat up bad guys to project her students before you get bored of the same brainless script.

xento

Post by xento » Jul 12th, '08, 08:08

wail wrote:I know I have too many rants...

My brain hurts esp after I watched a bit of Code Blue and learnt of its rating. wht...

Just to add to my confusion, I find Change having a great script, but Kimura... shocked me, he seemed lost and out of place/character.
seirin wrote:I didn't even bother with Code Blue. After seeing Yamapi as the list of actors I just got turned off. And also they're a bunch of young kids playing doctors O_o I would expect veterans to be playing those type of dramas and the young ones as supporting roles...

It’s all right to rant a little. After all, it’s not everyday that we get nice long discussions about Moko other than his looks. =P Seems like he will appear on a variety show in the next 2 wks. Wonder if it’s the same fishing contest he went on last year. I find it so cute that he loves fishing, has loads of tropical fish as pets but hates eating it or touching it LOL. :mrgreen:

I’m not going to bother with Code Blue either but I’m quite interested in the other medical drama Tomorrow. Yutaka Takenouchi and Miho Kanno are both brilliant actors in their own rights so with a decent script, it should be quite good. Other than that, I think I’ll try Around 40 from previous season. I hope it’ll be like a female version of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko which I wholeheartedly adore.

As for Change, good acting or not, I think Kimura will bag another Best Actor. Akanishi Jin pales in comparison to Kimura, but if he could win Best Actor and Yukan Club win Best Drama... -_______-"

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 12th, '08, 09:04

xento wrote: As for Change, good acting or not, I think Kimura will bag another Best Actor. Akanishi Jin pales in comparison to Kimura, but if he could win Best Actor and Yukan Club win Best Drama... -_______-"
Umm....Jin as best actor...Yukan best drama. The standards must have really land slided. ^^;

This season there's not many dramas to watch either I think. Only change, tomorrow and probably upcoming cat street. The previous season's Bara no nai hanaya and SP were pretty good. Galileo and hotaru no hikari were not bad too. I'm still crossing my fingers for Hataraki man season 2 but it's unlikely since the anime also ended at 11 episodes. Course if they match sugawara with matsukata then I rather they not continue.

I've been watching moko's appearances on tabesugi warui show. He's either very good at hiding his dislikes or he has really odd taste in food ^^; None of the guests ever guessed what he disliked and seemed pretty surprised. I'm kind of surprised on some accounts too. Disliking curry rice and western grilled chicken? The fish roe I can understand. I don't like them either. And I notice Japanese seem to like (some raw) internal organs like liver and stuff :crazy:

wail

Post by wail » Jul 12th, '08, 10:13

hehe
Yeah when I learnt of Yukan and Jin's award I thought it was for some pinkberry award for stinkiest. I'll just look the other way since it's a fan voted popularity contest as opposed to the TV drama academy awards The results on that one is less blood boiling. (SP and Bara no nai Hanaya won out)

xento, I do like tmr ep1, but I watched it after my CB torture, and I'm and will always be a fangirl of Yutaka. it didnt wow me with its plot. Yutaka and Kanno rarely disappoint and they are great and good respectively. I'll still watch on cautiously. (my fangirl side: since Moco 'said' Yutaka is his idol AND they r both Ken-On artists + it's a med drama, they do need naked bodies to operate on...Moco guest appearance anybody?!)

Seirin, gosh that eating show is my new addiction :w00t: , I've been digging out eps of random ppl without subs just guessing, so much fun! :lol

Yeah I was amazed how sly and cunning while batting his doe eyes and flashing his gorgeous smile this Mocochan was on the show. Watched all his 3 appearances, he managed to have almost identical precise mannerisms, esp on the one against revered Mitani Koki (my beloved Furuhata Ninzaburo).... (side note: Galileo had a couple of good episodes, but in many of them , the plot was not gripping, cohesive and logical enough for that level of a detective drama. I really need my accurate terrific plot in med/detective dramas, dazzling casts (or guests) and good acting still wont negate a sub-par inaccurate plot....and CB sucked in ALL categories, my eyes!!))

back to that eating show ep with Mitani, :) I cant believe he did soo much research on Moko and he's so serious in winning!! I mean if I were in his shoes against this young thing, I would think I can fool him with my pinky but darn!! (Just to illustrate the impossibility of me being anywhere near his success without this focused work ethics for a silly food game show)... I absolutely loved how Moco laughed the most genuine triumphnt roaring laugh when he made a smashing win. And Mitani Koki playing a recorder like a sch boy as punishment made my day too. Must watch for all Moco fans (or the very rare Mitani ones here :lol).

I do think Moco has the raw materials to be more of a successful actor, he did have a cunning competitiveness in game shows very well hidden by his charming ways. And he's quite observant which is sth an actor needs to be good at.
Last edited by wail on Jul 12th, '08, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 12th, '08, 10:30

xento wrote: I find it so cute that he loves fishing, has loads of tropical fish as pets but hates eating it or touching it LOL. :mrgreen:
Oh, that's so cute! My soft spot for Moko just got a little larger...
wail wrote: And he didnt really get much solid roles till Regatta and TT. So I mean did ppl really expect him to be terrific an actor to begin with?
Certain product endorsements, esp the mobile network providers is the like the holy grail in Japan. The Au alumni includes top male stars like Oda Yuji, Kimura Takuya, Nagase Tomoya, Tsumabuki Satoshi, it signifies that “you’ve arrived as a top actor” or is up and rising, destined to become a top actor. Hence people’s expectations of Moko was very much heightened.
wail wrote: So the worst getsuku opening was... again too harsh and messing with my brain. A great script, terrific performances ( other than Moco's I like performances of drama Okan and Oton way more), passable Ma-kun doesnt equate to worst worst getsuku.
Let’s imagine this scenario. There wasn’t an Odagiri Joe movie adaptation version prior to Tokyo Tower drama. TT isn’t a Getsuku drama, a Fuji Tue10pm or Thur10pm which are frequently used for critically acclaimed productions which might not score the great ratings. Even with the JAV “scandal”, I think you’ll find more people voicing their appreciations for the efforts he’s making to tackle varied roles and improve his skills. Expectations for a Getsuku drama is just different.

A series of factors combined together, thus the “wooden/bad” actor label stuck on, abet undeservingly. The other 80% popular U-25 “not-outstanding” actors, didn’t have this entire series of factors combined.
wail wrote: I'll stop my rant and grumblings if I see anyone of those Johnny pretty boys who r worst actors being slapped and ridiculed and beaten to death with a lousy label to be fair.
Oh, I do agree with the subpar acting skills part exhibited by most of the younger Johnny’s boys. Hate to sound like a broken record but as again, it’s expectations. Johnny’s are promoted as idols, when you read a Japanese press release, they would usually refer to a Johnny’s guy as say “Yamapi of popular group News” etc while Moko will be written as 俳優 (Thespian) Hayami Mokomichi. Since you’re referred to as thespian, people expect you to have or at least be developing great acting skills to be deserving of popularity.

Since Yamapi/Jin/Kame are not considered as thespians (yet), most Japanese folks wouldn’t be only evaluating them on their acting alone. Acting is not all that the Johnny’s guys do, music, hosting variety and radio shows, they try to be all rounders. Once they hit late twenties, the likes of Jin/Kame might move away from drama acting to concentrate more on music or stage as many of their Johnny’s sempais are doing right now, perhaps 1 drama/movie every 3-4 yrs??? Moko (least 1 movie/drama a yr judging from his jimusho's usual ways) will be “ruining” a lot more movies/dramas going forward if he didn’t improve as compared to the Johnny’s gang, hence the harshness. Yamapi is perhaps a different case since he has no other notable skills to exploit except acting (his singing and hosting ain't good either). Once Yamapi hits 25-27, most media reporting will alternate the use of thespian and idol on him depending on circumstances (thespian when writing abt his movies/dramas… idol when he’s with his Johnny’s grp), and that’s when people will start holding him to high standards.

@wail & seirin, I’ve had my negative biasedness against Kimura Takuya for years (long story, nvr) But over the last 3-4 years, I’ve made my peace with him LOL. Yes, he doesn’t have godly acting abilities, but he’s earned my respect for being able to make the best use of his opportunities, propelling himself to the very top. Of course luck played its hand as well but it takesa lot willpower and determination too. I’m actually enjoying Change a quite a bit, nice storyline and supporting cast aside, Kimura san for once showed me something outside of his usual very confident/arrogant type of Kimura style characters.
seirin wrote:
xento wrote: As for Change, good acting or not, I think Kimura will bag another Best Actor. Akanishi Jin pales in comparison to Kimura, but if he could win Best Actor and Yukan Club win Best Drama... -_______-"
Umm....Jin as best actor...Yukan best drama. The standards must have really land slided. ^^;
To be fair, Jin only won the Nikkan sports awards and the TV Magazine thing which any popular actor with a crazed fanbase can easily win since the fans can just sit in front of their laptops daily voting continously. These awards lost their credibilty long ago anyway....

The seasonly drama academy awards still have some credibility since it takes reporters and professional judges panel into consideration in additon to the audience voting. And thank goodness Yukan club didn't win anything!

The one with most credibilty right now would be the yearly Galaxy awards. No crazed fan voting just professional membership voting but that one tends to favour the critically acclaimed rather than the popular appeal ones. For example Utahime won it last year but it's viewership ratings were never too pretty when it aired LOL.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 12th, '08, 10:42

wail wrote:hehe
Seirin, gosh that eating show is my new addiction :w00t: , I've been digging out eps of random ppl without subs just guessing, so much fun! :lol

Yeah I was amazed how sly and cunning while batting his doe eyes and flashing his gorgeous smile this Mocochan was on the show. Watched all his 3 appearances, he managed to have almost identical precise mannerisms, esp on the one against revered Mitani Koki (my beloved Furuhata Ninzaburo)....

I do think Moco has the raw materials to be more of a successful actor, he did have a cunning competitiveness in game shows very well hidden by his charming ways. And he's quite observant which is sth an actor needs to be good at.
Oh, this food prejudice king epi sounds really interesting! Oh edit, nvr... i just found it searching on Share. Thanks for the tip abt the epi!

Oh, Moko actually has such a competitive streak! That's impressive actually! In contrast to my favourite guy who lost all of the 3 times he went and was called out the very first time. He's that transparent and too relaxed. That's when i realised although he has the talent n looks, he doesn't have the personality to reach the very top.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 12th, '08, 17:08

wail wrote: xento, I do like tmr ep1, but I watched it after my CB torture, and I'm and will always be a fangirl of Yutaka. it didnt wow me with its plot. Yutaka and Kanno rarely disappoint and they are great and good respectively. I'll still watch on cautiously. (my fangirl side: since Moco 'said' Yutaka is his idol AND they r both Ken-On artists + it's a med drama, they do need naked bodies to operate on...Moco guest appearance anybody?!)
Actually, I haven't watched any Yukata dramas for a long time. My last one was probably "with love". Same with Sorimachi. It's not their acting fault but more the about the plot. They just don't sound that interesting and when I do watch some of it I stop at the 1-2 episodes cuz it's so slow and unappealing. I much prefer to watch a takuya drama. My first drama was love generation which he starred in and the acting really moved me. I even hoped takako and him were dating ^^;
back to that eating show ep with Mitani, :) I cant believe he did soo much research on Moko and he's so serious in winning!! I mean if I were in his shoes against this young thing, I would think I can fool him with my pinky but darn!!
Actually I could see Mitani's weakness ^^; I guessed he disliked the fruit too. It's in the way he began eating. Then he suppressed his dislike for it and I was thinking hmm...maybe he doesn't dislike? But out of all the dishes that one stuck out. But moko surprised me. I can't imagine someone disliking curry rice.

Also moko's competition with becky I kind of guessed it would be the chicken though he didn't show any dislike for any of the dishes but he didn't touch the chicken much either.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 12th, '08, 19:51

Thank you kokiitty for your great informative post. I'm at peace with it and will accept the always existing unfairness in this biz. With a spin, we can take it as ppl regarding him as having potential, or else the expectation and thus disappointment wont stick and still be any news.
Still I'll rant on coz I do like drama TT better than movie TT and it's still a solid good 80 factoring in the 'miscast' and 'disppointment' or 'failure' of Moko's Makun
hehe just curious, who's your fav?

Seirin, Yutaka hasnt really done much dramas in last couple years (not anything memorable) I still havent made up my mind about watching Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru. I have a habit of rewatching dramas I adore and Long Vacation is one of them. Yeah Kimura's dramas r always in the range of good to great, it's my very safe bet too.

Too bad I'm kinda different fr the majority and Love Generation was in the bottom pile of Kimura dramas I dont care for. Maybe I watched it st after my fav LV, or the green Takako having the exact same expressions as her stint in LV, or the back and forth of the story.

Yeah Mitani did show dislike in eating the persimmons, but then considering the psychology of these shows, you'd never know when it's fluke with someone as 'competitive' as Mitani! :) That is one funny entertaining ep. Mitani is <3.

For Moko, he has the same kinda serious glaring face when eating anything. Yeah he did touch the chicken least, but he doesnt made much mistakes and slacks in his 'act'. Maybe he's really a robot. Showed his ability to stay focus and pull it thro. I do think when he's 'genuinely' uttering 'Daisuki' paired with his firm nod then his teethy smile, even for guys, u'll believe him if he's saying nonsense.

ANd...haha Ishibashi always HAS to 'flirt' with Moko... he's one hilarious guy.

His cunning triumphant 'got u' face with Becky:

xento

Post by xento » Jul 13th, '08, 04:11

seirin wrote:But out of all the dishes that one stuck out. But moko surprised me. I can't imagine someone disliking curry rice.
My aural Japanese is poor but I think he said sth about loving curry rice as a kid but ended up hating it because he ate too much of it, to which the host exclaimed ‘But you’re only 21?’ Maybe showing a poker face is his forte but Moko seems to be quite a mysterious person in general…rarely mentioning anything about his family if asked and only revealing that he comes from a really tall family with his brothers and dad all being over 6ft and his sis being fairly tall as well. His mom is the only little one so we know whom he takes after ^^. But what do you all think of his Japanese calligraphy? =P Not sure what’s classified as good but I like how he tries to make it ‘brush-style’ even though he was writing with a marker hehe.

Because of him being straightly a 俳優 as kokitty said, he’s only seen on variety shows if he has some drama to promote. Shortly before Zettai was announced though, he did appear on two three shows which I thought were rather cute:

---This -> one is prob some house makeover show and we see him resume the role of Riku taking up the challenge of ironing a shirt. Funny sight of him with a green apron over a leather jacket…but who knew he would appear almost naked in another pink apron a few mths later? :lol Again, he was being quite protective(?) of his family and said his pa runs his own biz but he isn’t sure what it is LOL?? 0_0

---If you don’t mind sitting thro 2 other boring interviews with some other guests, this -> Meringue no Kimochi episode is quite worth a watch. He takes a home-video showing some of his fav. things: these being his tropical fish and turtles; a large collection of Star Wars memorabilia and figurines of his fav. Hollywood characters; a whole box of fishing lures (okay this sounds so random when you’re describing it); and finally some signature dishes he enjoys making. Then there’s his interview with the same old discussion about his view on romance. And then there’s this short bit at the end which I thought was quite ‘un-Moko’ :P : he brought in 2 Tickle-me Elmo toys and were demonstrating how they work. Maybe seirin can confirm but I think Shun-kun also likes these toys??

---And there’s this -> one back from when he was promoting that ‘lousy’ Jotei. I quite like this one because he doesn’t seem to care how he looks as we see him gobbling down these hot spicy tacos one after another. I won’t spoil it for you but the ending was hilarious when the results of the contest were revealed. He’s so diff from that cool exterior he gives off it’s great to see him laugh so heartily.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 13th, '08, 16:43

xento wrote: My aural Japanese is poor but I think he said sth about loving curry rice as a kid but ended up hating it because he ate too much of it, to which the host exclaimed ‘But you’re only 21?’ Maybe showing a poker face is his forte but Moko seems to be quite a mysterious person in general…rarely mentioning anything about his family if asked and only revealing that he comes from a really tall family with his brothers and dad all being over 6ft and his sis being fairly tall as well. His mom is the only little one so we know whom he takes after ^^. But what do you all think of his Japanese calligraphy? =P Not sure what’s classified as good but I like how he tries to make it ‘brush-style’ even though he was writing with a marker hehe.
yea he ate too much curry rice when he was young so he hates it now. And the western style grill chicken he doesn't like cuz it tastes raw I think he said. One of the show he said his dad is self-employed but he doesn't know what he does. Also mentions his bath area is 2m so 2 people can shower at the same time there. About his writing, I think it's pretty good. He must have practiced a lot. In the 2008 show though it doesn't seem as perfect looking ^^; but it might be partly fault of the marker. It looked like it was drying out.

About that guy he sits beside all the time though every time he goes on the show. He really does seem to likes teasing mokomichi ^^; Pretty funny guy. He didn't seem to treat Shun so well though :P He put Shun in an uncomfortable position saying he must be very very hentai cuz he has several moles on his lips --;
he brought in 2 Tickle-me Elmo toys and were demonstrating how they work. Maybe seirin can confirm but I think Shun-kun also likes these toys??
I don't know about the tickle me Elmo toys. The clip won't play til the end. Shun does have some banana like toys. His sister likes them and gave them to him. Shun collects figurines with big heads and small bodies and stuffed toys.

ImageImageImage

wail

Post by wail » Jul 13th, '08, 23:46

xento wrote:
---And there’s this -> one back from when he was promoting that ‘lousy’ Jotei. I quite like this one because he doesn’t seem to care how he looks as we see him gobbling down these hot spicy tacos one after another. I won’t spoil it for you but the ending was hilarious when the results of the contest were revealed. He’s so diff from that cool exterior he gives off it’s great to see him laugh so heartily.
my GOODNESS xento, this clip pushed me over the edge to one crazy fangirl. I cant recall how many times I said kakkoi/kawaii/kakkoi + kawaii in all the tongues ... Good gracious!

OK, I have pathetic literacy of Japanese...but I'm guessing host asked him if heis confident in winning, and he said 'really daijoubu!!' very confidently. (me: kakkoi!!) Then his hearty laugh (kawaii!)

random gratuitous screentime of gorgeous Moko smile/laugh @ 2:32. (luving the cameraman) AGAIN 3:23. (ahh...kawaii)

Me guessin being all evil urgin the other dude eating it ALL. 3:52 (I'm pathetic, but soo kakkoi)
Just casually walkin to the chair for his tasting (me: model strutting so kakkoi)

Taco dripping and mouth full chewing with a grain of rice stuck SHOULD be impossible to be kakkoi...*sigh* but for me: so kakkoi (his all serious 100% focused to tasting the food woos me every time...darn! me so weak)

6:23....sweat... yummiliciously kakkoi
6:24: deflated pathetic both hands covering face: soooo hot darn kawaii
6:42: eating his word naughty words, forced to eat whole thing.. so darn kawaii in regret. chomping down whole in one go.. KAKKOI!!!!....
7:00 female host laughing gleefully at how cute his pleading regreting batting eyes, him nonchalant of his crooked face (+ sweat :wub: ), me joining her
8:00 laughing out at poor' girl's hurting lips (can hear him going HAHAHA HAHAHA nonstop), such a bad boy (so kawaii)
8:49 Going along with evil host ignoring latest pleading victim for water, promoting Jotei all matter of fact....so kakkoi... *sigh*
Unknowingly all **** and confident (I think complimented by host he may have manned up more severe pain) and teasting girl next of her possible overestimate.... sssooooo kakkoi

10:20...another chomping down dripping taco, food sticking out of mouth, shuffling it back in with fingers... GEEz.. did I bump my head repeatedly?!@# how on earth did I find that kakkoi and yum... :cussing:
10:30 Moko all serious, focused on his chewing and seeminingly intensely thinking, female host cant hold it... goes: KAKKOI! Moko unaffected, whole face twisted, no care on how he looks (coz he really doesnt have to, still soo kakkoi...)

Pleading for water with his doe eyes + smiles + suddenly all proper promo Jotei + embarrassingly laughing at himself... *sigh* *sigh* more *sigh*

That pleading for water look 11:15... that bikini clad model is not a girl for not just giving in.

His all genuine disbelief, wide-eyed boyish look... kawaiikawaiikawaii
him being so mean (with his devilish gorgeous smile) asking the poor girl to chomp it. darn kakkoi x10

OK last 2 min kakkoi+kawaii nonstop..

*bowbowbow* sorry, I do feel embarrassed with myself too (sorry mom...). But I do need to purge this out of my system to become sorta normal again.

Thanks xento! :)

lamania

help!

Post by lamania » Jul 14th, '08, 20:07

Where can I find the espisode of Mokomichi on food prejudice king ?? Please let me know! Many thanks!

lamania

thanks!

Post by lamania » Jul 14th, '08, 21:30

Thanks so much for the links! Greatly appreciated!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 15th, '08, 05:58

here's clip of mokomichi at fujitv train show.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_JnRBbn24is/

I'll post taiyou no kisetsu soon. Converting it now from flv to avi.

Seems mokomichi did guest appearance in hatachi no koibito? I can't even see the face clearly.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0Ts9Y_kSlO4/

xento

Post by xento » Jul 15th, '08, 09:58

wail wrote: 8:00 laughing out at poor' girl's hurting lips (can hear him going HAHAHA HAHAHA nonstop), such a bad boy (so kawaii)
I have no idea what the other guy said about the wrestler but Moko just about went nuts after that comment and his laugh was so genuine. :lol
seirin wrote: Shun collects figurines with big heads and small bodies and stuffed toys.
I wonder if Shun actually collects them or are they gifts from his fans... but my heart would melt :heart: at the sight of any big tall guys holding onto fluffy teddy bears.
seirin wrote: Seems mokomichi did guest appearance in hatachi no koibito? I can't even see the face clearly.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0Ts9Y_kSlO4/
Tudou is taking forever to load but I’m sorta doubting he would make an appearance on a TBS drama when Hataraki was airing concurrently on NTV. Namikiri (Night’s “dad”) is one exception though because I just see him EVERYwhere...not that I’m complaining. =)

I uploaded a --> video of Moko from back in 2006 when he was promoting Regatta. I don’t know how to edit vids so you have to fast-forward about 2/3 of the way to see his part. The way he kept holding on to the little girl’s hand -- he seems to be more natural with the 'daughter' than with the 'wife'. Also, I can still see him blushing at the watermelon part despite the tan. :P And the funny encounter at the end? He was either too shocked by the whole situation or he’s one big softy who probably won’t even hurt a fly.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 15th, '08, 16:24

not sure, but he seems to have quite a few stuffed toys. Toma mentioned Shun has a pink elephant in his car.

Mokomichi's taiyou no kisetsu

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQADCJPT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RMRDYUT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZ9PMZ51

About hatachi no koibito, if that's him in there then he didn't have any speaking lines. It was pretty brief appearance too as one of the co-workers. He just sat there at the karaoke bar wanting to leave cuz the old guy was ranting on and on. He's really tall so hard to miss ^^; But it could have been another tall guy instead? The video isn't very clear so it's hard to see the guy's face.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 15th, '08, 21:08

Ahh..... xento, you are precious!!!!!!! :) THANK YOU!! I'm one of those oddballs who finds Regatta charming, though not to the extent I'll put it on any fav list. And I find Moko's look there (and of coz in the King of Chicken clip) more boyishly sexy than his usual very kakkoi self. I was able to watch Regatta till the end, and still rewatch couple scenes I absolutely adore, like for Moko droolzing, ep 5 ~18:00 -25:00.

It's a tad cheesy, but reduces me to a pool of droolz every time. And the train station scene in ep8 was very charming.

he should be named Prince of Chicken (roasted), and yeah I agree he's much more at ease with the daughter, and the watermelon part was so cutee. He tried to not look, but he's a guy afterall, his blush and heart rate totally sold him out. He's one skinny jumpy softy teddy bear! Scared by most obvious things....quite pathetic (but cute) these manly looking sexy beasts always fool me.

Seirin, thanks for the Train show. He's much more bubbly and mischievous interacting with guys after watching that spicy food clip (absolute fav, again thanks xento!!) and this train clip. The dudes were just probing him on the rumor of him being 'reversed' hit on, and he HAD to make them 'hate' him more by pitching in the fact tha the was not just hit on but it was THREE hits in one day. It was braggy but he said it in his usual easy cool charming way as if it's nothing. geez.... but even if I was one of those guys, I cant hate him, coz I do understand it's probably true and an everyday thing for Mokosan. After he missed the answer for 'reversed hit' AND made fun of someone making a silly mistake, the guys steased him saying he should know it by experience, he did his naughty 'nahnahnahnah'

I'm almost 100% sure Moko was not in hatachi no koibito, I scanned throught that scene u mentioned ( if u were talking about ep 1) and that tall guy was definitely not Moko. He was not as abnormally tanned as Moko, face not as disproportionally tiny and no sharp chin. Also Moko was in his hottest Hataraki Man phase, even if he's just sitting in a dark corner, it would've been a very eye catching scene like a bulk of his screen time in Hatakaki man as a yummy piece of dark chocolate next to Kanno Miho in the office.

xento

Post by xento » Jul 17th, '08, 07:14

wail wrote:I'm one of those oddballs who finds Regatta charming
I think I'm one of those oddballs who finds his country bumpkin look in TT charming. Bearing in mind that I didn't know who he was back then, I still found him hot in that 80s hairstyle and fashion. =P Speaking of which, another hilarious clip of him sporting all sorts of wacky wigs on --> Yabecchi sushi.

So I was just looking at the Food Prejudice ratings this year and it seems like he didn't fair too badly:

2008/01/10 14.0% 瑛太vs田中麗奈
2008/01/17 16.1% 綾瀬はるかvsラモス瑠偉
2008/01/24 14.3% 松井稼頭央vs高島彩
2008/01/31 14.6% 小池徹平vs友近
2008/02/07 13.3% 森本稀哲vs坂井真紀
2008/02/14 15.8% 丸山茂樹vs梨花
2008/02/21 18.3% 徳永英明vsギャル曽根
2008/02/28 14.8% 佐藤隆太vs戸田恵子
2008/03/06 17.6% ELTvs石原良純
2008/03/13 14.3% 一青窈vsバナナマン
2008/03/20 13.0% 松本幸四郎vs貫地谷しほり
2008/04/10 17.4% 東国原英夫vs橋下徹
2008/04/17 14.9% aikovs谷原章介
2008/04/24 15.0% 柴咲コウvs仲村トオル
2008/05/01 19.5% 速水もこみちvsベッキー
2008/05/08 20.7% 松本潤vs浅田真央
2008/05/15 18.7% 水谷豊vs鈴木杏樹
2008/05/22 16.9% 水川あさみvs勝俣州和
2008/05/29 16.7% 松浦亜弥vs藤井フミヤ
2008/06/05 18.3% 佐藤浩市vs妻夫木聡
2008/06/12 15.1% 関根勤vsタッキー&翼
2008/06/19 16.7% チュートリアルvs高嶋ちさ子
2008/06/26 15.6% 藤原竜也vs大杉漣
2008/07/03 18.3% 新垣結依vs山下智久
2008/07/10 15.7% ウエンツ瑛士vs南明奈

His 2007 appearance was slightly lower at 16.6% which still wasn't too bad overall.

Anyway, he's indeed taking part in that same fishing contest this Sunday and next, together with Ichihara Hayato: :cheers:
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/3728574

wail

Post by wail » Jul 17th, '08, 09:03

^ xento *bow* I hear you with his TT look....I wanna write it off with my beyond help Moko-moe which you keep feeding with these impossibly charming clips! XD (in no way am I complaining! Arigato!)... I was going gaga over him and his rabbit in TT in the midst of sobs and tears .

Have u seen the Fuji drama super bowling show 07? He is so school boy cute in his TT early look and he is showing his competitive side again. If u havent, I can upload it for you! :)

Wow, I was amazed.... so he and Becky grabbed the second highest (if my eyes r not quitting on me) just beat by Jun + Mao Asada?! WoW! hehe I mean it's of coz very understandable for me, I'm enjoying every single appearance he did on whatever shows, and him chomping down on food is my food p0rn.
My fantasy tv will be a smapxsmap copycat show of Moko cooking and chomping and strutting around like a model in Naito's pink apron.

Thanks for the headsup, maybe I'll watch live streaming of the fishing show! :)

HAHAHAHAHA him in wigs + doing some imitations in 80 faded jeans + belt-in flannel shirt.. HAHAHAHAHA what a clip!

xento, will u be so kind as to dig for the clip of him in IQ sapuri March 22? I'm dying to see him in IQ sapuri... I dont expect him to be a genius like say hiro, but just his 'thinking' faces will keep me frenzied!!

xento

Post by xento » Jul 17th, '08, 18:03

wail wrote:I was going gaga over him and his rabbit in TT in the midst of sobs and tears.
Like this? XD
Image (more country bumpkin --> captures from random blog)
wail wrote:My fantasy tv will be a smapxsmap copycat show of Moko cooking and chomping and strutting around like a model in Naito's pink apron.
I think he appeared on some cooking competition last fall (and lost =P) but I was never able to find the source. Otherwise, he did play a cook in Hotman SP heehee.
wail wrote:xento, will u be so kind as to dig for the clip of him in IQ sapuri March 22? I'm dying to see him in IQ sapuri... I dont expect him to be a genius like say hiro, but just his 'thinking' faces will keep me frenzied!!
I watched it live so haven't got a copy -- it was avail on some streaming site before they took it down, but believe me you didn't miss much because they only appeared for some 3-4min and hardly spoke. From what I remember, they had to try to condense the phrase chashu-ramen to fit into some crossword. They were completely clueless so no "thinking" face heehee, but Wentz who was sitting behind them blurted sth about being killed(?) by Moco in some drama before...to which he acknowledged and laughed. Was it Rondo?

Regards to Hiro, I know he's U-grad and speaks Eng and all, but was he deliberately hiding his cleverness --> here or is he really a genius as you say? Never watched Hana Kimi so maybe he was just playing out his role, but the poor boy looked really really lost. :unsure:

(and what's this ito affair i'm reading? -_-")

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 17th, '08, 19:50

xento wrote: Regards to Hiro, I know he's U-grad and speaks Eng and all, but was he deliberately hiding his cleverness --> here or is he really a genius as you say? Never watched Hana Kimi so maybe he was just playing out his role, but the poor boy looked really really lost. :unsure:
I think Hiro is just weak at Japanese and anything Japan related. Since he grew up overseas, I don't think he knows that many Kanji nor the geography. Maybe if they asked him about Switzerland he might be able to answer ^^; Anyhow I wouldn't look down on Japan education, it's really tough and there's a high rate of suicide due to stress. So some look at options to study overseas which is less taxing.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 17th, '08, 22:21

^ True. And the uni Hiro is studying at (still?), if I'm not wrong is very prestigeous (?), Aibu also mentioned she finds Hiro very smart or sth, and she is very booksmart herself. To be honest, I like Hiro as a person, but his 'acting' bugs me, so I have no interest to look into it, just heard fr a friend who's seen him on maybe IQ Sapuri and he seems very smart. :)

And xento, that blogger has some awesome caps!! Later half of TT, my eyes were blurry to notice how charming Moko's Makun was. Is the rabbit named Gozilla in the dorama?

uploaded the clip of Moko+ rabbit at the NG show :
And he got the NG award?!:

I've read him and Ito went out for a drink during Densha. Is this mag any credible source? http://josei7.com/topics.html
もう隠せない 伊東美咲 速水もこみち 月イチ福島スイートの夜
結婚秒読みといわれたセレブ社長との破局。そんな彼女を癒したのは、8才年下の“弟分”。東京から200km・・・2人が逢瀬を重ねていたのは太平洋が一望できる港町だった・・・・

and yes Wentz was a nobody killed by Moko in Rondo... I was half dozing half wincing watching Rondo.
Last edited by wail on Jul 18th, '08, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 18th, '08, 00:03

wail wrote: I've read him and Ito went out for a drink during Densha. Is this mag any credible source? http://josei7.com/topics.html
もう隠せない 伊東美咲 速水もこみち 月イチ福島スイートの夜
結婚秒読みといわれたセレブ社長との破局。そんな彼女を癒したのは、8才年下の“弟分”。東京から200km・・・2人が逢瀬を重ねていたのは太平洋が一望できる港町だった・・・・
Well, it's not surprising to hang out with other celebrities. They're both from the same company too so maybe discussing about acting or something. BTW, I hope mokomichi will work with Shun in a drama sometime in the near future. He could probably learn a lot from Shun and maybe even end up doing stage plays too ^^; That would help mokomichi improve his acting skills a lot.

I can completely understand why people say mokomichi's acting is bland ^^; I saw him in 2 movies rough and kamen rider and his acting wasn't very good. He needs to learn how to do bad guy roles cuz it's not working.

wail

Post by wail » Jul 18th, '08, 02:04

Seirin, I agree to disagree.

I do agree Moko needs serious work on acting as villians. I have no desire watching kamen rider, but that was his first movie, so he's bound to be stinky. I agree Mokochan was not impressive acting wise up till say ep7 ZK for me. Some may label him bland, but I saw him improving in TT as the episodes roled on. It's a matter of preference for acting styles I guess. I prefer underacting/'bland' leaving some to desire/improve anyday than overtly confident egoistic overacting to the extent of posing and giving standard expressions on cue.

Moko's acting in Rough was not one bit bugging for me. his role there was a bad guy ?!o_0 That whole movie was a very subtle controlled portrayal of that almost love story. It's not the most exciting convoluting movie. But his acting there was definitely not overshadowed by the likes of Masami or Abe (sorry both r not my style of actors). Again, oddly I liked Rough more than Touch even before I realized recently Moko was the actor of Keisuke.

Sorry to admit, not a fangirl of Shun, so I havent seen much of his acting to judge. But he's underwhelming in HK, didnt hold his own against Toma or even Maki, he's good acting wise in HYD, but his physical appearance is not my Rui, so it did leave much for me to desire, not his fault at all, more a miscasting imho. (and matsu Jun is my annoyance, in my batch of overacting dudes that I dun care for) In Densha, I preferred Eita's movie rendition. Coz I've honestly seen his cool frozen face dude impressions way too many times. Conan was good, but I'm more focused on the plot to notice anything else.

And oddly I find his tiny cameo in Sakuran catchy. He must be an impressive stage actor I've heard, not that I have the privilege to judge.

I'd rather have Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, or Shingo Katori to teach Moko some acting lessons. Both of these big bros seems to like Moko enough. Kimura has a very apparent nonchalant towards Moko in shows.

xento

Post by xento » Jul 18th, '08, 03:05

wail wrote:And the uni Hiro is studying at (still?), if I'm not wrong is very prestigeous (?)
He's graduated already. I'm by no means doubting his intelligence because he speaks and expresses himself quite well. It's just that those were very common sense questions that did not require much geography knowledge or good command of Japanese.

I never watched that NG show till the end so thx for uploading it. His hair was so unkempt that day which oddly makes him look even cuter. =D You should also check out the BroBt NG scenes fr Happening Taisho if you haven't already. Gosh I would love a season 2 showing aniki's life after marriage. :thumleft:

Kamen Rider I haven't seen and I have no intention of seeing ^^ but it wasn't just his acting that was bland in Rough, his character was very flat and the whole movie was so slow it took me 3 sitting to get thro. Maybe it's a diff in culture but I'm never quite used to the Japanese subtle portrayal of love. There should be more Nighto-s in this world who are not afraid to profess their love openly. ^^
And as I've said before, I don't mind who he works with, just long someone other than the same ppl fr his company...which is very unlikely going to happen. -_-

More on the gossip fr jpopforum:

伊 東 失 戀 速 水 乘 虛 而 入
酒 店 過 夜
另 外 , 新 一 期 日 本 雜 誌 《 女 性 SEVEN 》 踢 爆 伊 東 近 日 與 曾 合 演 日 劇 《 電 車 男 》 的 男 星 速 水 直 道 秘 密 發 展 姊 弟 戀 。
據 悉 伊 東 早 前 與 富 商 男 友 天 野 義 久 因 聚 少 離 多 而 分 手 , 她 因 多 次 相 約 速 水 食 飯 療 情 傷 而 撻。 今 年 4 月 , 速 水 被 目 擊 陪 伴 伊 東 返 家 鄉 福 島 探 望 受 傷 的 外 婆 , 兩 人 更 在 當 地 的 酒 店 過 夜 。

So she just broke up w the guy she was about to marry and they were seen visiting her grandmother in her hometown, and spending a night at a hotel.

Don't know how credible the src is but they sure should stand out from the crowd. ^^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 18th, '08, 03:18

wail wrote: Moko's acting in Rough was not one bit bugging for me. his role there was a bad guy ?!o_0 That whole movie was a very subtle controlled portrayal of that almost love story. It's not the most exciting convoluting movie. But his acting there was definitely not overshadowed by the likes of Masami or Abe (sorry both r not my style of actors). Again, oddly I liked Rough more than Touch even before I realized recently Moko was the actor of Keisuke.
He was the villain in Kamen riders. As for rough, I found it pretty dull. The acting wasn't all that eye catching. Bland expressions from Moko too.
Sorry to admit, not a fangirl of Shun, so I havent seen much of his acting to judge. But he's underwhelming in HK, didnt hold his own against Toma or even Maki, he's good acting wise in HYD, but his physical appearance is not my Rui, so it did leave much for me to desire, not his fault at all, more a miscasting imho. (and matsu Jun is my annoyance, in my batch of overacting dudes that I dun care for) In Densha, I preferred Eita's movie rendition. Coz I've honestly seen his cool frozen face dude impressions way too many times. Conan was good, but I'm more focused on the plot to notice anything else.
Actually I can't imagine anyone who can grab attention as Sano even if Shun didn't do the role. The writer just butchered it. I admit I kept waiting and waiting for them to make Sano interesting but I have to admit Sano was an ass. Much like how much I hated Riko in the drama too. I liked Riko and Sano in the manga. Anyhow all Shun did for HK was spend his energy practicing high jump to make it believable and he did do a good job. He did a beautiful high jump and even jumped higher than Shirota who is taller than he is. As for physical appearance I thought Rui looked sauve. Much better than the Taiwan version. But it could have been the acting and script of the Taiwan version that turned me off rather than the actor. I didn't watch enough to notice is Taiwan's Rui was good looking or not. I just got totally turned off after episode 1. As for Matsu Jun, I think Domyouji is probably the annoyance. Cuz Domyouji is too violent for my taste. If you want to see a really evil villain, you should probably watch shun's stage play for Titus Andronicus where he plays the villain Aaron and Caligula as the crazy demented emperor. I think he did well in "to daisuke in heaven", summer snow and GTO too. Shun's acting projects varies. I admit not all his dramas are good but I haven't doubted his acting skills, just scripts I didn't like.
I'd rather have Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, or Shingo Katori to teach Moko some acting lessons. Both of these big bros seems to like Moko enough. Kimura has a very apparent nonchalant towards Moko in shows.
Hmm...I can't say I'm much of a fan of Tsuyoshi or Shingo. Oddly Shingo surprised me with his melodrama bara no nai hanaya. I took him for a clown doing comedies or crazy stuff only. And well...I haven't seen many Tsuyoshi dramas but he seemed quite boring. I saw Hotel Venus, Yomigaeri and Narita Rikon. I didn't think he was such a good actor, just average. But I do prefer Shingo's acting over Tsuyoshi. Shingo seems more dynamic cuz I can see him as a villain too. He did a good job in bara hana that I sometimes thought he was a good guy but his looks also sometimes makes me think otherwise. hmm..okay might as well come out and say it. I find Tsuyoshi's acting isn't good :P

wail

Post by wail » Jul 21st, '08, 23:09

OK, this is random nothingness, but making this connection made me spazz over whole yesterday. :alcoholic: I found out how I first 'met' Moko!! :)

My favfavfav Chinese writer Miss Lillian Li Pik-Wah (books adapted into movies include: Rouge, Green Snake, Farewall my Concubine,Temptation of a Monk....etc), whom I religiously read her columns and writings since grade school, wrote of Mokochan in her revered column in 2005. :w00t: I rem reading that vaguely though of coz I cant connect the dots then to the actor I've seen later on in Densha/ Gokusen2.

Quote fr her prose: '小 生 青 黃 不 接 期 間 , 忽 有 一 位 年 僅 二 十 的 新 人 冒 出 頭 來 , 他 外 形 討好 、 充 滿 活 力 、 帶 點 邪 氣 , 還 有 個 好 名 字 -- 速 水 直 道 。 有 「 力 」 、 具 氣 勢 、 勇 往直 前 。'

Translation: In the midst of the gap vacanted by lack of leading men, a 20 year old newcomer emerged all of a sudden. He has the good looks, the energetic appearance with a hint of wildness....and also a good name --Hayami Mokomichi... signifying a 'power', a presence to persevere forward.

Original article and credit:
http://libihua.blogbus.com/logs/1775168.html

You have no idea how ecstatic I still am when I realized my revered literary idol have her eyes on Moko too at least for a glimpse!!!! XD :lol:

xento

Post by xento » Jul 22nd, '08, 10:52

^He was really at the peak of his popularity in 2005 to garner attn from Lee. This --> "速水直道。 有「力」、具氣勢 、勇往直前。" I believe is why his father wanted to give him that name, but the fact that he changed his surname to "gushing water" gives it even more force.^^ I also agree that his 亦正亦邪 image could give him a real advantage if his acting continues to improve.

After nearly a mth of Naito wdrawal, finally get to see him on tele again. :dance: He was really all smiles that day, but I must say I still find fishing a very boring sport. >p<

Image Image

I uploaded the vid onto MegaU :-) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F27N0IWS

lamania

Post by lamania » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:58

thanks for the video!!! Finally something to watch of Moko after seeing everything I could possibly find...haha

lamania

Post by lamania » Jul 22nd, '08, 17:34

How come my downloaded version only has sounds...

wail

Post by wail » Jul 22nd, '08, 20:32

^ lamania, maybe you need some codec for mp4s? Mine is fine using realplayer! :)

THANK YOU xento!!! :wub: You are more than awesome! I was sleeping when it was on!

Gosh, we got our Naito fix and more! We have Naito, dashingly gorgeous, who fishes and will throw nonPG joke at some eyedude on his manboob/body hair...AND cracking laughs every other minute! Yeah fishing is a very boring spectator sport, but not for fangirl me with Mokochan. (he can just be standing doing nth and I'll still spazz) It makes my day to see him so happy and enjoying himself doing sth so mundane to me.

The Japanese ojisans must have an insurmountable fascination with Beat Takeshi, they NEVER get tired of Moko's imitation of him (which I admit is spot on). I bet that's why Moko is popular with them.

I'm having a dilemma now with my torn preference btn Naito Moko ....or Makun Moko... Moko in all his glorious hair and suave is mighty fine, but I have a weakness for that boyish charmin TT Makun too. (and oddly that Moko in Makun hair is winning)

I uploaded a clip of Moko at the Star Bowling show in full highsch boyish charm (and his competitive edge, tad disppointed for just hitting 9 pins)...absolutely killing me most charmingly

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Jul 23rd, '08, 14:39

wow moko made his hair until liddat?! so different... but still as charming

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jul 23rd, '08, 14:48

i love since i watched gokusen 2, tokyo tower n zettai kareshi

wail

Post by wail » Jul 26th, '08, 01:01

pic spam of Moco as Tanaka in Hataraki Man:

credit on pic

xento

Post by xento » Jul 26th, '08, 07:44

^Much better looking than this one:
And I think I remember reading sth about the writer or producer or whoever refusing to help promote because he was cast as Tanaka? :glare: Pfffttt...not that I regret watching this because it turned out to be a really fun series, but I wouldn't have watched it either if not for him. This is prob the only role which I didn't really care for his acting because seeing him sport the latest fashion was quite enough for moi. =P

Brother Beat NG I found: click :thumleft:

How I wish they have a season 2....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 26th, '08, 09:07

xento wrote:but I wouldn't have watched it either if not for him. This is prob the only role which I didn't really care for his acting because seeing him sport the latest fashion was quite enough for moi. =P
I actually enjoyed his acting in this on other than ZK. I thought he did a good job as an indifferent, bored, sarcastic, newbie, know-it-all (rather he thinks he knows it all). You can see a lot of his different facial expressions and see his character grow. I didn't really notice how he was dressed that much. I mostly focused on his facial expressions and how he carried himself.

I wonder if they will make a season 2. hahaha I want Hataraki man to tame the shrew (tanaka the know it all)

wail

Post by wail » Jul 26th, '08, 10:42

I think what we have here r differences in our quirks/ habits when appreciating drama. so xento, you think his acting is not passable in Hataraki man?! I mean the screentime and how not 'technical' (ie easy) the character was compared to Naito, I thought he did fine. But same here, hahaha, I watched it coz of Moko, and he's like one superfly model in there in the most stylish clothes yet befitting for the character. Seriously if there's the best dresser award for a jdorama character, it HAS to be Tanaka.

I'm honestly quite a simple drama fan, though I rant too much. As long as the script is good, I dont focus on say acting or one particular aspect usually, so if everything clicks and it's not noticably bothersome, I'll watch on, let things slide as long as I have sth else distracting me. Hataraki Man is a good drama first and foremost. If season 2 is Tanaka heavy, it'll be most delightful! :)

xento, thanks for the BroBeat NG! I like that drama too. Maybe it's my fangirl frenzy, I find most Moco works enjoyable (exc Rondo) And my freaky side enjoyed the fighting scenes btn the bros more than I should. They really looked like they r going at it!! they r very convincing as brothers.

My very best bud found the Brobeat SP for me. (thanks! :) ) edited up Moko heavy parts and I uploaded on utube. He's charming my heart off my chest!

Part 1:
Part 2:
3:

I was basically droolzing nonstop over this scene (I bet this fantastic blogger was too, hope she doesnt mind me pulling all these gorgeous caps and ps fr her blog, very hard to resist)

xento

Post by xento » Jul 28th, '08, 03:07

wail wrote: Part 1:
Part 2:
3:
"Ooooooshhh!!!!" :lol Hahaha, love how he tugged the strings on his jeans.
↓↓
I wonder how far into the drama they had filmed because they already seem like a family. Can you pls share the whole clip? I'm quite curious what Junpei-kun's 1st impression of his mother was.

Caught the end of the 2nd half of the fishing contest yesterday. I think at one point he was on the verge of tears because he was the only one who couldn't catch anything for hrs. :mrgreen: Finally caught a bass last min but unfortunately came in second despite his fish measuring the same length as the one who came in first because his weighed less. Nice to see his competitive side. =)

wail

Post by wail » Jul 28th, '08, 06:51

^ oooo I wanna watch that fishing show! :)

hehe yes he's soo cute being himself effortlessly charming. I like it when he's doing his 'xD' faces. I bet he wore contacts and they dried up.

This SP was shown the night of the premiere of the drama, and it shouldnt be THAT much into the filming. My educated guess would be they were at ep 3 (with THAT kiss they were talking about towards end of SP, watch on) They do click, and what a cute fam!

Since I dun un more than a drop of Japanese, why was big bro hitting Moko after he gave his answer as to his impression of 'mom'? I bet he's being a sweet boy and said sth like she's warm and charming and earned his hug ...keke

xento, will MF links work? The whole SP is huge, so I cut it up with HJsplit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?my9w5vzgm8x
http://www.mediafire.com/?ododxddm2ig
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzm0z0zzz2w
http://www.mediafire.com/?09nflwzbupc
http://www.mediafire.com/?ib4lttzdm90

hope it works, tell me if it doesnt and I'll try to fix. :thumright:

xento

Post by xento » Jul 28th, '08, 09:38

wail wrote:^ oooo I wanna watch that fishing show!
:
:
http://www.mediafire.com/?my9w5vzgm8x
Thx a mil :thumright:, I think it'll take me a while to d/l all those files lol.

In the meanwhile, here's yesterday's ep: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLBASC5S

wail

Post by wail » Jul 29th, '08, 22:01

^ Gosh xento, you are too too kind! *hugs*

Darn, I love his sulky faces!!!! :wub: All serious and bumped (and so gorgeous) He has no game face, all sour (and yes almost in tears )when others caught some and he didnt get any! HAHA And his genuine gleeful ARIGATOU!!! :lol that's what I love most watching him in shows. I do see a bright future in Mokochan's career being on talk shows and just being his own super charming self (I'm a bit guilty to admit I enjoy him as himself more than most of his characters! :whistling: )

He's so adorable again doing the XD covering his face at the result, I thought he's going to do a Naito impression when the roboto's out.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 3rd, '08, 05:57

All I can say is DAMN HE HOT!! :wub: :heart: :heart:

wail

Post by wail » Aug 7th, '08, 20:23

Have been blog surfing and came across this cute trivia of Moko:

速水曾经自己写了几句台词给导演并录用了,是在brother beat里
速水说 — 说实话,我能给你幸福的自信是一点也没有。但是我绝对相信和你在一起我才能幸福。

就着样,被征服了>3<
source: http://blog.163.com/aking_tvxq/blog/sta ... 770443280/

Dont know how accurate it is but basically the blogger said Mokochan has written couple lines for his roles and one of them was included in Brother Beat:
Moko/Riku : 'Frankly, I do not have any confidence in making you happy, but I am absolutely sure I can only be happy being with you.'

DAARRNNN....if Moko really did write that... there's really no backing off fr my Moko obsession.

Also the blogger mentioned in some poll, 93.27% of ppl cried in last ep of ZK (that's crazily high, I'll admit I didnt ball, just a bit teary), and a lot of them were moved to tears because of Moko's genuine acting, blurring the line of just a drama, , making them feel for Naito as if he's alive.

Also , in another poll posted by another blogger:

"Caught a huge fish"
The people who are engrossed in fishing.

Best 5
① Ohno Satoshi
② Chinen Yuri
③ Domoto Tsuyoshi
④ Yamada Ryousuke
⑤ Hayama Mokomichi

fr: http://mee-goreng.livejournal.com/19053.html
Last edited by wail on Aug 10th, '08, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

xento

Post by xento » Aug 10th, '08, 07:56

:cheers: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOKOMICHI!!! :cheers:
I wonder how he's celebrating his 24th heehee...watching the Olympics on TV? =P
wail wrote:Mokochan has written couple lines for his roles and one of them was included in Brother Beat...
I think Riiko (or was it Hiro?) had once said in an interview that he was always full of ideas on the set so it might possibly be true...but still, it'd be so sweet if he really came up w/ that line cos supposedly, that was how Riku's father proposed to his mother. :wub:
Oricon: men in yukata
Fri, August 8, 2008 (1:22am EDT)
In conjunction with a survey about the best-looking women in yukata, market research firm Oricon also asked respondents for their opinions on male celebrities in the same summerwear.

Hot actor Hiroshi Tamaki topped the list, beating out the perpetually popular Masaharu Fukuyama and rising star Mocomichi Hayami. Satoshi Tsumabuki ranked 4th, while comedic veteran Hiroshi Abe unexpectedly turned up at #5.

Takuya Kimura had to settle for #6. Yusuke Kamiji ranked right behind him, followed by Koichi Sato and a tie at #9 between Yuji Oda and Naohito Fujiki.

src: tokyograph
orig artl: http://life-cdn.oricon.co.jp/57062/full
I'm glad to see his name on polls even 2mths after ZK finished airing. But frankly, he looks good in anything (or even nothing at all >p<). I think this is a yukata right, or is it a kimono?

Also found this pic on Lee Jung Hyun's cyworld...probably taken at some Rondo function back in 2006? These were her remarks for her co-stars:
또 하나의 가족들..
따뜻하게 챙겨준 유타카오빠,
넘치는 센스,맘착한 사토류타옵빠,
멋지고,겸손한 모코미치군^^
그리고 .. 친오빠같았던 현준옵빠..
다들 너무나 수고많으셨습니다.
I think she described Mokomichi as handsome and unpretentious? Awww...how nice to know he's unassuming and modest in real life. :-) Too bad they weren't facing the camera in this pic:

And finally, re: fishing contest, okay I guess Yamasaki wasn't joking about his good looks some 20-30 odd yrs ago? :lol Sort of reminds me of Noh Hong Chul of Korea who's also very fine-looking beneath his wacky façade.

wail

Post by wail » Aug 10th, '08, 09:39

^ O MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! I do see a tad bit of resemblance btn young Yamasaki and Moko!!.. O geez... Thanks xento again for sharing.

Yes, Happy bday to our bday boy...maybe he's fishing or just watching the Olympics like us! :)

Rant: I HATE NBC... that's the only choice OR laggy live streaming. They SAID they r going to show swimming live...and all I saw was beach volleyball or boxing!!!@#!and the nth rerun of Phelps+mom (he's inspiring but still....).. it just doesnt make any moronic sense when they have the time diff on their side and they still would pull this.

Gosh how tall is Miss Lee? Maybe I've mistaken her name with the singer...I thought she's just average ht even for a girl, but wow...she's just a bit shorter than Moko in that pic!

and I agree, either he's a super super good actor (which I doubt HAHAHA ;) ) but he always strikes me as very genuine and unpretentious and yes unassuming is the word. It's fascinating for such a guy who knows he's sooo not ordinary at least in looks to be so easy to be with and quite down to earth.
It is impossible to imagine any other guy uttering 'I'm almost in tears' just coz he cant catch a darn fish...and still charm my socks off just coz he's so st forward and not afraid to speak his mind.

That (mom revealing dad's wed proposal) was the only lines I rem in BroBeat. and I love that scene! :) and in my world, Moko really did come up with that line. :lol

I suddenly rem how swooned I was watching the ZK SP, he must have had many many great pickup lines up his sleeves.. like the one he said about picking up girls at the bar, the perfect tone and timing he said it made it so charming when any other guy could easily make it into a cheesefest.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Aug 18th, '08, 16:26

From Tokyograph:
Mocomichi becomes a TV "father"
Mon, August 18, 2008 (2:48am EDT)
Hayami Mocomichi will be starring in an NTV drama series this fall, it was learned on Sunday. While the show is currently untitled, it is said to feature the actor in a "father" role.

Mocomichi plays the role of Kotaro Yamashita, an aspiring young novelist working part-time at a publishing company. He leads the life of a poor bachelor, but he somehow gets stuck living with the 6-year-old An, an impertinent but gifted child actress, forcing him to take on the role of a father figure. Rosa Kato has been cast as An's manager.

NTV has scheduled the drama for Tuesday nights at 10:00pm. The first episode airs in October.
Source: Sports Hochi
If it gets subbed, I'll watch, hehehehe, sounds like a cute drama! :wub:

wail

Post by wail » Aug 20th, '08, 19:48

Thanks for the news, princess_jime! :wub: I do like to see this cool guy being fooled around by a 6 yo! :lol:

new Edwin pics for Autumn/Winter 08, YUMM!!! Still has some Naito in Moko.

credit on pic

Also, some exciting news: Mokochan got second across the board for best actor in the 57th Television Drama Academy Awards, that's recognition in itself for his great performance as Naito! :cheers:

「第57回ドラマアカデミー賞」

主演男优赏(1木村拓哉 2速水もこみち 3沟端淳平)
読者票 1木村拓哉  2速水もこみち 3草剃刚
记者票 1木村拓哉  2速水もこみち 3堺正章
审査员 1木村拓哉  2速水もこみち 3沟端淳平