[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ogurishundaisuki!!

Post by ogurishundaisuki!! » Feb 1st, '08, 17:14

trunkims wrote:For all HYD fans, I've made the calendars as promised months back for the 2008 year! Click on the link below. ENJOY! :mrgreen:
hi,can you please,please,please make a rui calendar for october month,you see its my birthday in october and i really want a hanazawa rui calendar :wub: ....but i dont know how to make one myself,so can you please make one for me?? :pray: im really begging you!!お願いします!!!

mittens

Post by mittens » Feb 7th, '08, 12:50

can't wait for the movie.............

i'm re-watching the whole series again for like the nth time!! I just couldn't get enough of it.. :D And I definitely proclaim that this series has the best soundtrack ever in any dramas I've watched.

and to say it again....

I believe this series has the perfect cast, ost and story...

and oh.. if you have the copy of their soundtrack the main theme music of season 2 the part where the electric guitar with the violin and orchestra - sounds so amazing.. you can hear that at the part wherein makino was going to go the grad party then tsukasa's mother was outside the car waiting for her... nice music! :goggle:

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Feb 10th, '08, 23:57

From tokyograph:
2008 Elan d'or Awards
Thu, February 7, 2008 (4:25pm EST)
The All Nippon Producers Association held its 2008 Elan d'or Awards ceremony on Thursday. Masayuki Suo's "Soredemo Boku wa Yattenai" was named Best Film, while NHK's "Hagetaka" was named Best Drama.

The producers for those two works - Shoji Masui and Daisuke Sekiguchi for "Soredemo," Kei Kurube for "Hagetaka" - earned the Best Producer awards. Honorable Mention prizes were given to Yoshihiro Suzuki ("Saiyuki") and Katsuaki Setoguchi ("Karei Naru Ichizoku," "Hana Yori Dango 2").

Newcomer Awards were presented to
Yui Aragaki, Nao Omori, Shun Oguri, Shihori Kanjiya, and Rei Dan.

A set of special awards honored the late actor Hitoshi Ueki, as well as the production staffs of "Karei Naru Ichizoku," "Koizora," and the "Shinshun Wide Jidaigeki" series.
Source: ANPA
LOL! shun-kun? newcomer? wow...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 11th, '08, 01:27

In my wanderings through yahoo.jp i found this

Those come from an online critic but it is just soo cute and funny that had to bring them here

zi91

Post by zi91 » Feb 12th, '08, 12:01

Ginoru wrote:In my wanderings through yahoo.jp i found this

Those come from an online critic but it is just soo cute and funny that had to bring them here
omg! that's so cute! and its absolutely funny! i wonder who drew it HAHAHA

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 13th, '08, 00:10

I have no idea but they are so cute! I found them by chance, but fell in love inmediatelly :)

mittens

Post by mittens » Mar 4th, '08, 14:59

[quote="Ginoru"]In my wanderings through yahoo.jp i found this

haha :lol so cute...

i just found out that they're also making Hanadan in Korean version.. hmmmm...

yessir

bad sub for episode 2

Post by yessir » Mar 4th, '08, 22:28

can someone fix
episode 2 subtitle for HANA YORI DANGO SEASON 2

everysub works except for that

it doesnt recognized it

wen i try hard subbing even .. subtitle workshop says its bad subtitle file

can some one help me ><

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 5th, '08, 02:28

I think you should better ask in the subtitles thread, you can find them in the subtitles index

But i'd recomend you to download the episodes hardsubbed already

pet family

Post by pet family » Mar 23rd, '08, 17:17

just finished this series, both season 1 and season 2 about 30 minutes ago..

it was so wonderful..
no wonder this dorama has so much fans..

i love everything in it..
especially how it ends :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 21st, '08, 16:46

There's blue-ray dvd coming out for HYD.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/bdhdship/

花より男子 Blu-ray Disc BOX 25,200yen
花より男子2(リターンズ) Blu-ray Disc BOX 30,240yen
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

pet family

Post by pet family » Apr 22nd, '08, 02:37

omg, this is soo expensive..
or is it a normal price for dorama series?
i don't know since i've never bought even one..:D

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 22nd, '08, 02:59

Yeah, seems to be the normal price although those two sets are Blu Ray which will cost more obviously (about 5-10 thousand yen extra). Checking the prices on YesAsia and Amazon.co.jp, the box sets are around $200 each.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Apr 23rd, '08, 13:57

seirin wrote:There's blue-ray dvd coming out for HYD.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/bdhdship/

花より男子 Blu-ray Disc BOX 25,200yen
花より男子2(リターンズ) Blu-ray Disc BOX 30,240yen
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
I am all over that. Im a blue ray sucker. I can't wait til' it becomes the norm. It takes up less space , packaging and it's overall better for clarity and sound.

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 4th, '08, 15:09

It was much better than the first season but I liked meteor garden 2 better again. the characters again they were a very good choice I mean the new ones.

leenzy

Post by leenzy » May 14th, '08, 02:15

HYD was a GREAt drama :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: !!!t..i juz finished both seasons in juz 1 nite!!..huaaaaaaaaaaa... i dunno y couldn't stop crying.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .very touching!!! i'm very sad when Makino suddenly she got RED NOTICE..and almost to b rape...thanks to Hanazawa Rui..her lifesaver !!! all characters was GREAT especially, the F4 group especially HANAZAWA RUI :heart: :heart: :heart: !!...i love Oguri Shun :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!...eheh...he was so CooL!!..but i'm sad coz he cant get what he want in both seasons... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: i'm hoping that Makino fall in love with Hanazawa Rui, but destiny is destiny rite?? Tsukushi with Tsukasa... :whistling:

boxxx

Post by boxxx » May 14th, '08, 07:13

Hana Yori Dango was a great drama, but it was definitely not like other drama where even though everything was TOTALLY unrealistic and the plot had such twists and turns that it reminded me KIND of of a soap opera [without the magic and everyone having everyone elses baby] it was still EXTREMELY interesting and fun. I admit that I actually got SO emotional during this drama that I had to read a spoiler otherwise I wouldn't have finished it because when things dont go the way I want them to for periods of time longer than I think necessary I get really upset.

either way I'm terribly excited about the movie...though I think it sucks that the movie and the Hana Kimi SP are coming out around the same time (or so I've heard) because Hana Kimi was great too and less people will pay attention to it, I think.

pet family

Post by pet family » May 14th, '08, 12:17

yes, i've got the same feeling with you..
eventhough there's so many things unrealistic but it still very interesting..
it can bring our emotion into the drama..:D

finally i finish downloading HYD 2 720p version in 1 month -5 days
it's nice to have this collection :D

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jun 24th, '08, 11:25

"Hana Yori Dango" special to air night before movie opens
Tue, June 24, 2008 (12:16am EDT)
A special press conference for the "Hana Yori Dango Final" movie was held at the Nippon Budokan on Monday. With anticipation running high for the film's opening this coming Saturday, it was announced that TBS is going to air a one-hour special on Friday night at 10:00pm.

The special will include a mini-episode that takes place just before the storyline of the movie. It was quickly filmed on Monday morning before the press conference. The show will also be partly broadcast live, with Arashi performing a theme song medley. Members of the group will even make an appearance as themselves in the mini-drama.

"Hana Yori Dango" has had two successful seasons as a drama series, and this movie will finally bring the story to a close. -Tokyograph

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 28th, '08, 18:35

Anyone seen the movie - hana yori dango the final yet?
I went to see it today and I loved it!
Im so sad its the final............

dbsklover123

Post by dbsklover123 » Jul 11th, '08, 01:56

hana yori dango season 2 is soooooooooooo good :D

dbsklover123

Post by dbsklover123 » Jul 11th, '08, 22:20

its a good show and did u pplz know that theres gonna be a hana yori dango movie coming out this year!!!!! its called hana yori dango final

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 11th, '08, 22:26

dbsklover123 wrote:its a good show and did u pplz know that theres gonna be a hana yori dango movie coming out this year!!!!! its called hana yori dango final
:lol Yes, we know. The movie is already out in theaters too. :)

You can find the movie thread here. It's been up since last year. xD

xbbyMakiix

Post by xbbyMakiix » Jul 26th, '08, 19:22

i'm currently watching Hana Yori Dango 2, and i've just finished
watching HYD and ii just LOVE this drama<3 i've cried in so many parts!!
ii love the whole cast..especially Hanazawa Rui^^ LOVE Oguri Shun<3

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 23rd, '08, 09:23

So you guys recommend watching HYD 2?

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 29th, '08, 09:16

Hey you guys know where I can get the Hana Yori Dango Movie??

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 29th, '08, 09:19

We're all waiting for the movie, you know. We'll get it when it's released on DVD (no one knows the release date as far as I know) and uploaded onto the net. I don't think it's possible to get it right now.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Aug 29th, '08, 17:16

i'm halfway through watching HYD 2 and so far it is tolerable for the most part.

i'm very impressed with Oguri Shun's acting (Rui), but that kid Matsumoto Jun (Domyouji) is AWFUL. i get douche-chills whenever he does that fake laugh and his lower jaw starts spazzing out. do chicks actually dig this guy? i can understand fawning over Oguri but this Matsumoto kid is a wimpy, terrible actor and doesn't even look like a true japanese. is he ainu or something?

Inoue Mao is good in the series too but i can't help but think the producers couldn't have found a hotter actress to play the part? it's not very believable that two rich guys would be fighting over an average looking chick like that. perhaps since the role is so crucial to the plot they couldn't find a hotter girl that could act as well?
Just a word.
If you don't understand Domyoji character you will not understand why he loves so much Makino.
I think that people could try to understand more the character and pass the 'actors' (questions like if they are pretty enough or not)

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 30th, '08, 00:32

Rori wrote:We're all waiting for the movie, you know. We'll get it when it's released on DVD (no one knows the release date as far as I know) and uploaded onto the net. I don't think it's possible to get it right now.
Thanks I wasn't sure if it was released yet ot not, but hopefully soon :w00t:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Aug 30th, '08, 10:28

akiko-chico wrote:So you guys recommend watching HYD 2?
hey who are those actors from your signature? im curious

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 2nd, '08, 09:49

kathia_sophia wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:So you guys recommend watching HYD 2?
hey who are those actors from your signature? im curious
It's Mike He & Hebe Tian from the Taiwanese drama called 'Bull Fighting'

smahël

Post by smahël » Sep 2nd, '08, 19:30

Me i recommend watching it, it's very good i think.
There is many trouble and all the drama long we feel a lot of emotions, i loved watch this drama.
This is my point of view, hope it help ^^

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Oct 9th, '08, 02:54

The srt files for this series are no longer accessible. My copies of episodes 7-11 are corrupted. Does anyone know if these files are available elsewhere? :/

noisia

Post by noisia » Oct 9th, '08, 09:43

foxtoast wrote:The srt files for this series are no longer accessible. My copies of episodes 7-11 are corrupted. Does anyone know if these files are available elsewhere? :/
http://nhatkyviet.com/2007/01/10/hana-y ... %E1%BB%81/

The subs are in English, not vietnamese. Enjoy :D

xshortii

Post by xshortii » Oct 29th, '08, 22:11

love love this drama

Aoiblue

Post by Aoiblue » Jan 6th, '09, 07:11

Finally got to see it last week. Marathoned it also with Handan 1. My favorite drama now ^_^

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 6th, '09, 10:03

The Hanadan movie is now out too, subbed by SARS.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '09, 05:46

for those who are interested in reading about what happened to Rui after wards there's a spin-off

http://shscans.wordpress.com/2008/12/25 ... christmas/
Hana Yori Dango volume 37 oneshot: Ore no Hanashi wo Shiyou ka?

makuii

Post by makuii » Jan 15th, '09, 09:07

Did I mention I love this drama?????
But it doesn't beat Season 1...
^_^

maxman41

Post by maxman41 » Feb 11th, '09, 06:20

harukaya wrote:
Sandra121289 wrote:
BxLibra wrote:
yeah its called oguri shuns all night nippon the rest of F4 and Mao were on it also (they called in though) were as Jun was actually in the studio with shun :-)
that girl is aya matsuura! she is a very good singer of hello! Project and promotes the album of herself and Miki Fujimoto. together they are GAM, which stands for Great aya and miki .
but i think this will take too much space to explain everything around it!^^
wasn't she the one who Shun took over the radio show from??

speaking of music, does anyone know where i can get the 'Love So Sweet' - Orchestra version from ep11??? is it released anywhere?!??! somone please? :O
Where's that pic with aya Matsuura?

Gorsome

Post by Gorsome » Aug 12th, '09, 00:28

Christabel wrote:
bewitched1101 wrote:Geeze ya'll calm down up there. There's already a Hana Yori Dango book out there, ya'll don't have to write the next one. hehe.

I'm kinda glad I didn't read the manga, cuz I like not knowing what's gonna happen. And of course some of things will be different in the manga than the show. That always happens when books get turned into movies.

Season 2 has me addicted!!! That "flavor of life" song kills me every time!!! and it ALWAYS comes on when something sad happens!!!!

Kaede is so mean!!! I just don't understand, if she didn't want Makino and Domiyoji to be together, WHY did she stop the plane at the end of season 1??? lol
I think the same way as you!
and i keep the same question from season one T_T
maybe it could be the minimal sense of mother that she has hidden in the deepest part of her heart that made her stop the plane @___@
i really cant understand very well that mother...anyways...this sesason she has been just mean to makino when she invited herto D's party and engagement...but after that... she has done anything bad to her
M's father lose his job because whatever reason but not Kaede's fault...but! I think in this season Kaede's is really torturing her son! ....what a demon she is!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
ALALALALALALA

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Aug 12th, '09, 00:32

hohohohohohoho
LOLOLOLOLOLOOLULULULU

technohive

Post by technohive » Sep 7th, '09, 15:08

I just love Hanayori dango ...I wish they will make another series like this one and I wanna see another pairing of Inoue, Jun and Shun in another series