[Discussion] CHANGE - Kimura Takuya's Spring 2008 drama

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
a2a

Post by a2a » May 27th, '08, 10:26

Yes this series is really good from what I've watched so far. Makes politics seems interesting! I also like the subtle humor. Reminds me of Hero but that may be because the scriptwriter is the same. Can't wait to see how Keita is going to become Prime Minister!

expanzee

Post by expanzee » May 30th, '08, 12:01

Anybody know who's acting the role of the Prime Minister's doctor?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » May 30th, '08, 13:00

expanzee wrote:Anybody know who's acting the role of the Prime Minister's doctor?
She is Horiuchi Keiko.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 2nd, '08, 07:28

From elementary school teacher to Prime Minister in just 3 episodes!
The pace is definitely making this show worth watching this season, in my opinion!

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Jun 2nd, '08, 08:00

raven_frost wrote:She is Horiuchi Keiko.
Thanks. OMG she really looks young for someone aged 37.
chokubi wrote:
From elementary school teacher to Prime Minister in just 3 episodes!
The pace is definitely making this show worth watching this season, in my opinion!
It really is. Plus with Takuya's "EH?" antics, this show cannot go wrong.

seeshu

Post by seeshu » Jun 3rd, '08, 01:55

I know it's kind of useless to worry about ratings, but Ep. 4 only got 19.3%! Hopefully it'll pick up, I don't remember the last time a Kimutaku drama had a rating that wasn't in the 20s.

Plus, I really like the small funny bits in the drama. Kind of reminds me of Hero.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jun 3rd, '08, 02:48

This show is decent but not that great. If it weren't for the A-list cast I doubt it would even be as high as it is, which is pretty low for a Kimutaku show. I'll keep watching though. :lol

mewific

Post by mewific » Jun 3rd, '08, 02:54

I'm really enjoying this drama! :cheers: I am looking forward to more twists and character developments in the succeeding episodes. I also hope to develop some kind of romance between Seita and his secretary! :whistling:

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Jun 3rd, '08, 06:27

mewific wrote:I'm really enjoying this drama! :cheers: I am looking forward to more twists and character developments in the succeeding episodes. I also hope to develop some kind of romance between Seita and his secretary! :whistling:
I was hoping he would hook up with the announcer. That would be fun.
marspeach wrote:This show is decent but not that great. If it weren't for the A-list cast I doubt it would even be as high as it is, which is pretty low for a Kimutaku show. I'll keep watching though. :lol
I, to some extend, agree with you. Nevertheless, they act really well. Some drama has crappy acting and still get above 20% in the rating. Now that is what I call depending on the cast. :roll

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 3rd, '08, 07:47

seeshu wrote:I know it's kind of useless to worry about ratings, but Ep. 4 only got 19.3%! Hopefully it'll pick up, I don't remember the last time a Kimutaku drama had a rating that wasn't in the 20s.
maybe because Japan VS Oman football game (World Cup 2010 Qualifiers) that was in the same day?

anyway, I'm really enjoying this drama..it's has it's cute/funny/serious moments...just someone said..reminds me of Hero

can't wait for the next episodes..wonder how it will ends~

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 5th, '08, 18:15

this dorama so far til eps 2
so great, interesting, from sensei become Pm
i miss kimu taku
this dorama is so funny

kimu taku will be a Japanese PM...what??

fleng

Post by fleng » Jun 6th, '08, 05:46

daisyamapi wrote:this dorama so far til eps 2
so great, interesting, from sensei become Pm
i miss kimu taku
this dorama is so funny

kimu taku will be a Japanese PM...what??
yeah he will undoubtedly be in upcoming episode, thats what the dorama is about, the young PM of Japan.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 9th, '08, 19:44

Just watched ep4, and all I can say that it gets better and better! :thumright:
Bigger cast (Bureaucrats + SP) and even bigger story/character (Onoda, Miyama) development! Damn this show is getting my expectations up even higher, but I love it!

phacoel

Post by phacoel » Jun 10th, '08, 00:41

I have waited for episode 5 but nobody upload it yet. Anyone know any news about the uploader???
I am desperate because no CHANGE for this monday. Can't really wait for tuesday for it, have to be monday......

Monday.....CHANGE......Hungry.....
(I wonder if I am hungry for Change or for food :whistling: )

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jun 10th, '08, 07:02

expanzee wrote:Anybody know who's acting the role of the Prime Minister's doctor?
Makes you want to get a shot?

FantasyVL

Post by FantasyVL » Jun 10th, '08, 08:24

20centuryboy wrote:
I don't like needle, but there's something about her (read MILF) that makes a shot totally worth it.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 10th, '08, 15:31

I thought Ep 5 was quite a disaster. It descended into silliness at Asakura's house and never quite recovered. Kinda excruciating to sit through the antics.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jun 11th, '08, 23:53

I ca't believe i am hooked with this drama! I hate politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But whenever the main cast is toguether i't is great!

plumblossoms

Post by plumblossoms » Jun 13th, '08, 06:57

I love this drama! I'm a political major and I recently learned about the Japanese government system so I'm having so much fun watching it. I love Kimura <3 Though...my friend fines me a complete dork (which I agree ^^;;) I really like how there are funny moments in the drama and that it isn't completely boring. I can't wait for the 5th episode with subs comes out :)

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Jun 13th, '08, 07:19

20centuryboy wrote:
Spot on ... Spot on :whistling:

Ah ... I can't wait for ep 6, it dive into
the scandal aspect of politics.

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 14th, '08, 17:08

i hope subs eps 5 will out this weekend..

wanna watch this very2 good dorama this year..

funny...luv kimu taku

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Jun 15th, '08, 17:28

daisyamapi wrote:i hope subs eps 5 will out this weekend..
they are ALREADY out, both softsub and hardsubbed version.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 16th, '08, 08:02

raven_frost wrote:I thought Ep 5 was quite a disaster. It descended into silliness at Asakura's house and never quite recovered. Kinda excruciating to sit through the antics.
Can't be as bad as watching the latest installment of Gukusen. :roll

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 16th, '08, 08:11

EP04
I really laughed when Asakura was running from the SP XD

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jun 16th, '08, 14:05

Totally LOVE this dorama. Well, I'm a Kimura fan, the man can do no wrong. But seriously, I'm not biased, this dorama is so entertaining! Totally in love with it. :P And I looovee Fukatsu Eri!

lunas

Post by lunas » Jun 16th, '08, 18:05

raven_frost wrote:I thought Ep 5 was quite a disaster. It descended into silliness at Asakura's house and never quite recovered. Kinda excruciating to sit through the antics.
Totally agree with you, it was in totally shocked about the antic that they pulled. I was like come on, are you kidding me?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 16th, '08, 19:34

I have a dumb question. Any reason why this drama started so late?

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 17th, '08, 12:30

If memory doesn't fail me, the official line from the tv station was programming strategy.

The rumour mill, citing entertainment insiders, attributed it to the might of Kimura Takuya's manager who forced them into delaying the start of the drama broadcast reportedly to avoid coming head on with Gokusen, which posed the greatest threat in the ratings game. It also was said that she was concerned about the popularity of the drama because of the topic it deals with. There were also production delays.

But it's hard to imagine how Gokusen can affect ratings since it doesn't even air on Mondays.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 17th, '08, 15:38

Other than the interesting facts on Japanese politics, things are way too predictable in this drama. But at least Ep6 is an improvement over Ep5 which stuck out like a sore thumb.

I think I'm actually growing very fond of the old veteran politicans besides sticking in with the drama for Abe Hiroshi and Fukatsu Eri although they seem to be done an injustice given their acting abilities.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 17th, '08, 19:11

Agreed that it's way too predictable

I guess that the ratings threat from Gokusen is not head to head, but rather the week to week ratings king and series average. It looks like Gokusen will definitely win the average, and has won all the wk to wk except for this week.

It's probably the first time, in a LONG time, where kimutaku was in a series that was not the ratings king of the season. Also, Gokusen has very little ratings draw besides Yukie whereas Change has lots of starpower, so I think that this series is underperforming

l'hiver2008

Post by l'hiver2008 » Jun 18th, '08, 00:31

i'm hanging in there with the drama since the politics is getting a bit interesting - the prime minister exceeding the expectations and turning the puppeteer on this head. sure the ep 5 was messy but it seems everytime i stuck it out to the last few minutes of the episode - it redeems itself and i forget the poor parts.
i think the show is not well received because it is not a topic of interest - politics. and they even try to throw comedy into it. which is probably a unusual mix.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 21st, '08, 15:32

I'm really enjoying this drama...I must admit I'm a huge KimuTaki dorama fan...the series up to ep6 has been great with the exception of ep5...I seriously wanted to skip the chapter or fast forwrd parts of it but I did finally watch it all and episode 6 was great again...I can't wait to watch more...love to see how the prime minister will handle into conflicts...whereas before he was proving himself to the public and his closer workers..now he'll have to face the bigger political crowd!!

We all need a prime minister who can make a difference!! :salut:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jun 22nd, '08, 14:41

auroragb wrote:Agreed that it's way too predictable

I guess that the ratings threat from Gokusen is not head to head, but rather the week to week ratings king and series average. It looks like Gokusen will definitely win the average, and has won all the wk to wk except for this week.

It's probably the first time, in a LONG time, where kimutaku was in a series that was not the ratings king of the season. Also, Gokusen has very little ratings draw besides Yukie whereas Change has lots of starpower, so I think that this series is underperforming
Maybe viewers don't like being reminded of the state of the country's politics. And it doesn't help that the scriptwriting so far hasn't been outstanding.

Now that Kanbayashi has tired of Keita, maybe things might finally get interesting. But then again, I don't hold much hope. Hmm is there a play on the title for Ep7? Anyway, I'm sure many will be glad that this coming episode will be last 15 min longer than usual. An attempt at trying to lift ratings?

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jun 25th, '08, 10:59

ive just started watching this and my husband teases me to death for liking (i dont dare say love) kimura. He mimicks kimura's smiling/frowning/smiling technique and does it really bad which annoys me so much. I think he's just jealous of how i go ga-ga over kimutaku..haha

anyway, im enjoying the series so far. I wonder if there's a long angle here, i mean a serious one -- like he's gonna end up with the girl in the end. hope so. :-)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 29th, '08, 08:10

>>> until EP.06

I hate next episodes previews and I do skip them most of the time!
but until now I could argue that:

1. sometimes I really go like.. come on, that is so silly!
but afterwards i replay that scenes because I believe that we need to carry some memories of the drama to enjoy.

2. i enjoy Kanbayashi's mystery and such character is important in every drama I guess ( the character that we want to enter his mind!).

3. The theme song is good, but I didn't fully understand why using an American song in a japanese politics drama!! unless it has some indirect speech.

4. I don't know why the Ratings are decreasing! but I'm sure that people there are losing lots of logic and reality which we need the most in this life! (a)

that's it for now, and I wonder how will be the end of the drama. but I'm pretty much sure that we "as viewers" gained a lot.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 29th, '08, 08:19

fifimimi wrote: We all need a prime minister who can make a difference!! :salut:
oh you're right! :D

but afterwards we gonna miss problems :(

and it seems that people can't live without problems :P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 29th, '08, 08:30

expanzee wrote:
raven_frost wrote:She is Horiuchi Keiko.
Thanks. OMG she really looks young for someone aged 37.

whaaaat !! :O

westthen

Post by westthen » Jun 30th, '08, 15:39

i was shocked that she was 37....she looks way way younger that that

Anyway just watched episode 7...damn it made me wanting for more...should have wait till episode 8 then only watch it. :(

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jul 1st, '08, 13:27

Just finished watching ep.7.. Am so dying for (subbed) ep.8.. Bring it on, Massuki!! :P This dorama is so good!

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jul 1st, '08, 16:38

we're still waiting for the raw.

I started reading the Japanese script already because I can't wait for it.

I've also started downloading from clubbox but it's not cooperating. 9 hours!

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:19

Just watched Ep 08 and I am sure Kudo Shizuka ( Kimura's wife ) blew a gasket.
Last three episodes promise to be high tempo.

epi

Post by epi » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:27

this is the best drama for this season in my opinion ... i didn't really anticipate this but once i watched the first and second episodes i'm totally hooked ... i always hated politics because no politicians are honest, earnest, or hard working

so it's very very refreshing to watch this series ... although it's only a make-believe, it makes me think, yes ... he's the kind of prime minister that i want :lol

ratings don't really mean a lot to me ... this kind of drama and gokusen have different targeted audience i think ... nothing against gokusen it's an entertaining drama and i'm a miura haruma fan but the stories get boring after awhile ... and i think once i even thought to myself i should watch something that's better suited to my age :w00t:

looking forward to next episode eagerly :roll

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 2nd, '08, 23:40

Really really enjoyed ep 8, next eps promise to be really interesting :)

And i totally love Hiroshi abe and the bodyguard XD XD

pr

Post by pr » Jul 3rd, '08, 23:41

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1214874 ... lenews_wsj

Fukuda's Low-Key Style
Frustrates Japanese
On Eve of Hosting G-8 Summit, Prime Minister
Struggles to Get Basic Laws Passed at Home
By SEBASTIAN MOFFETT and HIROKO TABUCHI
July 1, 2008; Page A11

Tokyo

In the hot new Japanese TV drama "Change," Prime Minister Keita Asakura is a dynamic 35-year-old with charisma. He nixes pork-barrel construction projects in favor of more money for child care. After a deadly storm hits, Mr. Asakura rushes to the scene, barking orders to bungling bureaucrats. And he stands up to the U.S. in agriculture trade talks. "I have the responsibility to protect the Japanese people," Mr. Asakura tells enthralled voters. "I am one of you."
[fukuda]
Getty Images
Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda hasn't succeeded in winning much public support.

Meanwhile, Yasuo Fukuda -- Japan's actual prime minister -- has described himself as "a shadow." When he hosts the Group of Eight summit in Japan next week, he will be the oldest of the group's leaders, turning 72 this month. Since he took office in September he has been thwarted or held up in almost everything he's tried to do -- from renewing a mission to help counterterrorism operations in Afghanistan to appointing a central bank governor.

"I don't feel that he has any leadership whatsoever," says Tomoyuki Matsumoto, 42, who works for an insurance company in Tokyo.

Mr. Fukuda's passive tenure is increasingly frustrating the Japanese, as the world's second-largest economy struggles with a falling population. To avoid this leading to declining living standards, economists say Japan needs bold measures, including more deregulation to promote faster growth, as well as an overhaul of its social-security system. But with a divided parliament and a leader who isn't inclined to take action, Japan could continue its drift until parliamentary elections well into next year.

Mr. Fukuda's struggle stems largely from the split parliament, which he inherited. The main opposition Democratic Party of Japan, or DPJ, dominates the Upper House, which has significant delaying and veto powers. But Mr. Fukuda hasn't come up with imaginative solutions to the bind, and the public mostly blames him and his low-key style: His approval ratings were just 26% in a poll published Monday by the Nikkei newspaper.

But even the most basic laws are getting held up in Japan's parliament. Japan has fallen behind its Asian neighbors in free-trade agreements. While the government mulls steps to promote Tokyo as a regional financial center, Singapore and Hong Kong are snatching business away.

Mr. Fukuda could hang on for a while because the opposition DPJ is also unpopular. Earlier talk within his Liberal Democratic Party of dumping Mr. Fukuda after the G-8 summit appears to have died down recently, as the LDP party has become slightly more popular than the DPJ in polls. He might still lead his party into the next Lower House general election, which must be held by September 2009.

The current jam derives from a political upheaval in Japan earlier this century. After years of weak, short-lived governments, Junichiro Koizumi became prime minister in 2001 amid banking problems and an economic slump. He used dramatic appeals to the public to push through controversial initiatives -- from cutting public spending to clearing up banks' bad loans -- which helped pull the economy out of its slump and set a new standard for Japanese leadership.

When Mr. Koizumi stepped down in 2006, Shinzo Abe, then 52, took over, and failed to live up to the post-Koizumi expectations. Voters turned against him, and in an election a year ago the LDP lost control of the Upper House.

The LDP chose Mr. Fukuda to take over in part because he represented an older style of politics that had worked in the past. He was inoffensive, inclined to gather consensus and as the son of a former prime minister, Takeo Fukuda, he knew the ropes.

Mr. Fukuda wasn't born a politician. After graduating college, he became a "salaryman" at Maruzen Oil Co., the predecessor to Cosmo Oil Co.

But after his younger brother fell ill, Mr. Fukuda went to work as an aide to his father, who had become prime minister. Later, when his father retired, he became a parliamentarian. "He wasn't the type to push for anything himself, or to trample on other people," says Sakutaro Tanino, a former ambassador to China who was pitcher on Mr. Fukuda's elementary school baseball team.

Today, Mr. Fukuda is known for being cerebral and affable. In his free time, he listens to music by Bartók. His motto is "radiant without being glorious," a saying from ancient Chinese philosopher Laozi.

"He doesn't put on a performance," says Seishiro Eto, an LDP lawmaker close to Mr. Fukuda. "He stands back from people and gives way."

As prime minister, Mr. Fukuda called his first administration the "back against the wall" cabinet, and immediately struggled with the hand he has been dealt. His government has run into trouble over legislation that in the past would have been routine. The opposition temporarily stalled the renewal of a three-decade-old gas tax, making gas prices dip for April, then shoot back up as the administration forced the tax through parliament. Trying to avoid such impasses, Mr. Fukuda has approached the DPJ numerous times for a truce, but so far has failed.

Mr. Fukuda has racked up some diplomatic successes. Relations with China had been thorny for years, but in May Mr. Fukuda received Chinese President Hu Jintao in Tokyo, the first visit by a Chinese head of state to Japan in a decade. In June the countries made a breakthrough in a long-running dispute over sea territory, when they agreed to jointly develop offshore natural-gas fields. Still, critics say Mr. Fukuda should be doing more to prepare Japan for the future.

That may be why Mr. Asakura's fantasy government is so popular. The weekly show, which starts with an image of dawn rising over Japan's parliament building, has attracted about 20% of TV households in the Tokyo area since it began in May. In an episode before Mr. Asakura's elevation, a young lawmaker talks excitedly of the rise of Sen. Obama, 46, and U.K. Conservative Party leader David Cameron, 41. Japan's stodgy politicians, by contrast, are steeped in backroom politics and out of touch with the nation, he says. "World leaders are getting younger and younger, but look at Japan!" he says.

Some Japanese politicians are taking notice. Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba -- at 51, the youngest cabinet minister in a major post-said he was a fan of the show. "There are honestly some parts I empathize with," he told reporters last month. "Politicians need to rethink what they stand for."

Write to Sebastian Moffett at sebastian.moffett@wsj.com. and Hiroko Tabuchi at hiroko.tabuchi@wsj.com.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 4th, '08, 16:45

Ginoru wrote:Really really enjoyed ep 8, next eps promise to be really interesting :)

And i totally love Hiroshi abe and the bodyguard XD XD
Yes, I think I like Hiroshi's character best in this drama so far. He cracks me up! :D

I'm enjoying the drama too...things have picked up from episode 6.

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jul 5th, '08, 01:36

Episode 8 was good although I was surprised to see there was no preview for episode 9! Does anyone have any info on Keita's cellphone?
Attachments
CHANGE ep07 (704x396 DivX6).avi_001738770.jpg
CHANGE ep07 (704x396 DivX6).avi_001738770.jpg (101.31 KiB) Viewed 5420 times
Last edited by Pnoy11 on Jul 6th, '08, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jul 5th, '08, 12:14

This is a bit of a random question, but does anybody recognize where they filmed the part of episode 8 near the beginning with Miyama and Keita just as they've returned to Tokyo? The scenes I'm talking about take place from about 11:30 minutes to 14:30. I was just struck by how pretty and green that place looked, when Miyama walked off. Even if if you just know the general area, that would be cool.

I CAN provide screenshots if necessary.

XiangYun

Post by XiangYun » Jul 6th, '08, 01:49

SusieQ wrote:This is a bit of a random question, but does anybody recognize where they filmed the part of episode 8 near the beginning with Miyama and Keita just as they've returned to Tokyo? The scenes I'm talking about take place from about 11:30 minutes to 14:30. I was just struck by how pretty and green that place looked, when Miyama walked off. Even if if you just know the general area, that would be cool.

I CAN provide screenshots if necessary.
If we're thinking of the same bit (where Danbara meets them in the removals van), the scenes were shot in Fukasawa in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo.

Map: http://diddlefinger.com/m/tokyoto/tokyo/384859/

Co-ordinates of the scene location in Google Earth: 35°37'20.72"N, 139°39'1.98"E

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 6th, '08, 18:10

watched ep 6, 7 & 8 yesterday

they were really good!!
I felt sad for keita in ep 07 when he discovered the truth behind the whole thing..I teared while seeing his reaction..that scene really touched me T.T
I think tha all the cast are really doing well...great acting from all..

can't wait for ep 9!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 00:08

Pnoy11 wrote:Episode 8 was good although I was surprised to see there was no preview for episode 9! Does anyone have any info on Keita's cellphone?

actually there was a preview in Massuki Fansubs's version
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 25&start=0

so it depends on the version that you've watched.

cellphone *_* no idea

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 8th, '08, 00:30

MisS Lonliah wrote:

actually there was a preview in Massuki Fansubs's version
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 25&start=0

so it depends on the version that you've watched.

cellphone *_* no idea
there was a preview? I missed that since I watched the raw version..
Last edited by Love Angel on Jul 8th, '08, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jul 8th, '08, 00:35

Episode 8?

I'm pretty sure our version didn't have a preview, too.

- Massuki Fansubs

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jul 8th, '08, 01:36

Episode 8?

I'm pretty sure our version didn't have a preview, too.

- Massuki Fansubs
no there was a preview, i wondered why it was not translated.

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jul 8th, '08, 05:04

The hardsubs?

We used the 704 version to time and translate and our encoder must've used the 1024 version. We apologize for that.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 12:29

mhaellix wrote:The hardsubs?

We used the 704 version to time and translate and our encoder must've used the 1024 version. We apologize for that.
Hai Hai there was a preview for EP.09 in your hardsubs of EP.08 :D
so yah the problem is that he didn't tell you that he has used the other version.

anyway, Thank you for letting us watch this GREAT drama
u really always sub with care :wub: :P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 12:43

guys I was wondering how much % u believed Kanbayashi when he said that he will support Asakura?

I think this was the first time for him to smile this way, and he really looked very kind !! but :@

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 8th, '08, 12:56

MisS Lonliah wrote: guys I was wondering how much % u believed Kanbayashi when he said that he will support Asakura?

I think this was the first time for him to smile this way, and he really looked very kind !! but :@

well what an innocent smile! but still I didn't believe him..I didn't think that he will give up on his evil plans that easily..but I didn't expect what he said to the press! didn't see that coming O.O poor Asakura though T.T

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 14:18

Love Angel wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote: guys I was wondering how much % u believed Kanbayashi when he said that he will support Asakura?

well what an innocent smile! but still I didn't believe him..I didn't think that he will give up on his evil plans that easily..but I didn't expect what he said to the press! didn't see that coming O.O poor Asakura though T.T
yah me too already knew that he would never give up easily, but his attitude at that time was completely honest. I fall in love with his smile and he was so kawaii :mrgreen: hahaha jk

gonna see how Asakura is going to beat him 8)
even though he collapsed in the preview of EP.09 :cry:

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Jul 8th, '08, 17:23

Waagh, I just finished ep 06 and it's getting better! :cheers:
I knew something's not right when Kanbayashi sensei smile generously that easy. But that smile was surely convinced me and I nearly fooled by his smile. And when he lying to press , feels like wanna kick my comp. LOL. It makes me wondering whether the world of politician like that in majority...
:cussing: :cry:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 20:39

hanashi wrote:Waagh, I just finished ep 06 and it's getting better! :cheers:
I knew something's not right when Kanbayashi sensei smile generously that easy. But that smile was surely convinced me and I nearly fooled by his smile. And when he lying to press , feels like wanna kick my comp. LOL. It makes me wondering whether the world of politician like that in majority...
:cussing: :cry:

you mean ep 08 right ? :D

I really believe that some people in politics are like that and maybe even worse :unsure:
but let's just stick to our beliefs and values 8) exactly like Asakura-kun

btw, I was watching the news and I saw the real Japanese Prime Minister at the G8 summit hehe his name is "Yasuo Fukuda"

I hope he is learning from Asakura-kun-kun Asakura-kun looool :P

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 8th, '08, 21:25

yah me too already knew that he would never give up easily, but his attitude at that time was completely honest. I fall in love with his smile and he was so kawaii Mr. Green hahaha jk
I agree on the kawaii part X D well if anyone saw him smiling like that..he/she will think that he is a kind hearted person lol
his acting is good though~

and
Asakura collapsed? :O hope it is not a serious illness!! :cry:
then I think that the last 2 episodes will have a lot of dramatic moments~
the man on the left reminded me of a character from the American series ALIAS :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 8th, '08, 22:38

Love Angel wrote:
yah me too already knew that he would never give up easily, but his attitude at that time was completely honest. I fall in love with his smile and he was so kawaii Mr. Green hahaha jk
I agree on the kawaii part X D well if anyone saw him smiling like that..he/she will think that he is a kind hearted person lol
his acting is good though~

and
Asakura collapsed? :O hope it is not a serious illness!! :cry:
then I think that the last 2 episodes will have a lot of dramatic moments~
the man on the left reminded me of a character from the American series ALIAS :lol

kawaii nee nee lol hai hai you're right..

yup yup .. I hope soooo =( u know what!! that's why I hate watching the previews, mostly i do skip them, or sometimes just listen to the sound :unsure: loool.

I just watched it this time cause one of the members here said that there was no preview, so i wanted to check :cry:

hehehe that man is the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev :mrgreen:
if you're interested in him :P http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/08 ... 26859.html

aaaaah can't stop thinking of Kimutaku :wub: if he was just the real Japanese Prime Minister I will never miss any News on TV or NewsPapers :P :P

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 8th, '08, 23:59

Love Angel I think you are right the last two eps are going to be really intense :| Y really hope everything goes ok
didn't understand what he Asakura said in the end but sounded weird....

333free

Post by 333free » Jul 12th, '08, 10:15

I've just watched episode 9 and what struck me was.......

A good first effort at gurning, but needs more practice. :lol
(As seen just before the opening titles.)

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 12th, '08, 15:00

I was shocked to see that there will only be 10 episodes.
Next Monday will be the LAST episode ( 90 minutes ).

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 12th, '08, 19:27

90 minutes? woa! Interesting, i really hope they solve things ok, because the end of ep 9 was quite............

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 12th, '08, 20:10

I had high hopes for this dorama but I am now really disappointed that they didn't seize this chance to address more sensitive subjects like North Korea, the Yasukuni shrine and Japan's hurtful past, the horrendous suicide rate, whale hunting, rising immigration or even homelessness. Instead, we get yet another constipated love story and the same old tale of an old fart who wants to be king by taking out the young prince.
This probably explains the low ratings : japanese viewers already knew Fuji wouldn't touch these subjects with a 10 foot pole so they stayed away.
The obligatory PG 13 of japanese TV gets tiresome sometimes but I will definitely be watching the last episode.
Last edited by Tadanga on Jul 13th, '08, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jul 13th, '08, 04:37

Tadanga wrote:The obligatory PG 13 of japanese TV gets tiresome sometimes but I will definitely be watching the last episode.
I'm glad someone brought this up. It is entirely frustrating to watch shows and end up being disappointed by the kid friendly outcomes :glare:
But, I will like you be watching the last episode since I've enjoyed this drama based on the cast and character interaction.

Skyler88

Post by Skyler88 » Jul 14th, '08, 03:50

Since CHANGE will be reaching its end today... what's Kimura Takuya next jdrama going to be. I do apologise this question as I'm still an amateur in jdrama information.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 14th, '08, 22:47

Tadanga wrote:I but I will definitely be watching the last episode.
you might be right, but saying that you'll definitely be watching the last episode shows that this drama is good enough!
i enjoyed the "step by step" problems that Asakura has faced and i think there are lots of indirect messages ~

anyway, waiting for mhaellix and her team ^___^ and congratulations in advance for finishing this great project.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 14th, '08, 23:03

Skyler88 wrote:Since CHANGE will be reaching its end today... what's Kimura Takuya next jdrama going to be. I do apologise this question as I'm still an amateur in jdrama information.
according to wiki.d-addicts there is nothing yet:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kimura_Takuya

but it seems that he will have a big coming up movie "I Come with the Rain"

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 14th, '08, 23:12

just watched ep 9...
a great one..I loved Kieta & miyama moments :wub:
and I really hate kanbeyashi-sensei :x & I really felt sorry for endo-sensei :-(
regarding the last ep preview..

I don't want to see him dying or something!! :pale:

I don't believe that this drama ended so quickly..I'll miss it~

Skyler88

Post by Skyler88 » Jul 15th, '08, 03:58

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Skyler88 wrote:Since CHANGE will be reaching its end today... what's Kimura Takuya next jdrama going to be. I do apologise this question as I'm still an amateur in jdrama information.
according to wiki.d-addicts there is nothing yet:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kimura_Takuya

but it seems that he will have a big coming up movie "I Come with the Rain"
Appreciate your reply. Thanks :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 15th, '08, 15:12

Love Angel wrote:just watched ep 9...
a great one..I loved Kieta & miyama moments :wub:
and I really hate kanbeyashi-sensei :x & I really felt sorry for endo-sensei :-(
regarding the last ep preview..

I don't want to see him dying or something!! :pale:

I don't believe that this drama ended so quickly..I'll miss it~
1st spoiler ~ I had the same feeling

2nd spoiler ~ I have the same wish (a)

another thing about CHANGE is the OST. I think it is very weak, for example
the collapse of the prime minister had a very bad background music
actually what i liked the most was 12_Election is a War.mp3 :P = Abe's theme

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 15th, '08, 15:28

well..I LOVE the OST!! especially the 8th track..very nice ^^

the rating for the last ep was high!
"CHANGE" ratings end on a high note
Tue, July 15, 2008 (12:29am EDT)

Fuji TV's Monday night drama series "CHANGE," starring Takuya Kimura, aired its final episode this week. It averaged a 27.4% rating in the Kanto area, making it the highest-rated drama episode so far this year. The previous highest was the premiere of "Gokusen 3," which achieved 26.4%. However, "Gokusen" still ranks #1 for the season average.

The finale of "CHANGE" reached its peak during the episode's second half, attaining a 31.2% peak.

source: tokyograph