[Discussion] ROOKIES

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lunas

Post by lunas » May 29th, '08, 21:48

@shannobi Was he in the Ninja Warrior 10?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 2nd, '08, 04:05

Damn it, I thought Rookies was only taking one week off. Sat through an hour of Volleyball before I re-read the date that it was starting again.

Two weeks with out Rookies. =( Good thing is though, the subs have almost caught up. Can't wait for this weeks. Plus I'd love to know when we're going to get the OST.

By the way, ryoko11, thanks for explaining that.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jun 4th, '08, 01:40

I <3 this show. So much. Everytime something melodramatic happens and the music swells I go "aaahhhh~ XD"

I also like all of the actors and characters, with Aniya being the weakest but I still like him anyways. There's really nothing I haven't liked in the show so far, each episode has been great.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Jun 7th, '08, 19:33

Surprisingly i recognise many more major casts than i thought:
- Shirota Yu (Hana Kimi)
- Koide Keisuke (Nodame Cantabile)
- Nakao Akiyoshi (Brother Beat)
- Takaoka Sousuke (Miyazaki Aoi's husband)
- Murakawa Eri (Sexy Voice & Robo)

Amazingly the minor casts are even more readily recognisable:
- Ayase Haruka (Hotaru no Hikari)
- Moriyama Mirai (Itoshi Kimi e)

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Jun 8th, '08, 13:12

Did somebody watch the latest ep? There is no torrent so far. I hope it was aired.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 8th, '08, 16:45

Yeah, I watched it. Don't worry there was an episode, plus it's up on Veoh if you want to watch it that way.

[link deleted]

This user has the ep, full or in parts. Will delete the link later though, I don't like directly linking to things like this, after all, it isn't allowed in the first place. >_< (By that, I mean uploading on to streaming sites, very easy to get your account suspended)

Hope the torrent comes soon though.
Good episode, as always subs would be nice so I could understand it a bit better.

Pretty confused over that blond guy at the end? Don't quite know his name. The one that Aniya saw at the batting center. From what we saw, he was in that match that they showed us at the start of the series, right?

I take it the principle took responsibility for Kawato hitting the other teacher and quit then? That's quite a change from what he was at the start of the series. New Principle seems to know Kawato too. Gym scene was funny. xD

The outcome of the match with the girls softball(?) team was funny, also. I really love all the humor in this show.

I really love ROOKIES, shame it isn't getting higher ratings when it gets better with each week.
Last edited by Rori on Jun 8th, '08, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Jun 8th, '08, 19:51

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't watch veoh in my country (since last week). I have to wait for the torrent. :cry:

If you're interested in Rookies you should check the manga. It's really interesting. You'll understand what's going on with this blond guy. And there are some scene what were not in the dorama and vica versa. (This blonde guy didn't beat Kawato).
You can read it online from One manga

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 8th, '08, 20:25

I'm thinking of reading the manga after the drama is finished, I don't really want to spoil myself when it's so much fun waiting to see what happens next. And when this drama was first announced there were quite a few people who mentioned how great the manga was, so I'll definitely give it a try after this series is finished.

Being a bit paranoid about the torrent, there were uploaders in Japan that were arrested, but this was a while ago and ROOKIES torrent came fine each week as usual. Meh, maybe I'm just being too paranoid and we'll see it soon enough.

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Jun 15th, '08, 03:35

When I first started watching this, I didn't really like it. It took me four days to finish the first episode, lol; however, with each episode, it's growing on me. I'm beginning to like it more and more. Yes, it's formulaic, but it's done so well, and it has heart.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 15th, '08, 03:52

Just a question, anyone know how many episodes this series is meant to have?

edit

Oh, and I can't read Japanese for the life of me, but:
this doesn't mean they're taking another week off, does it? Cause' I'm reading that as 28th June, which is two weeks away.

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Jun 16th, '08, 10:44

Rori wrote:
this doesn't mean they're taking another week off, does it? Cause' I'm reading that as 28th June, which is two weeks away.
yes, the next episode will be on 28th of June!
I think they haven't finished filming...^^°°°
so we have to wait two weeks til the next episode....><]

Yunny

Post by Yunny » Jun 17th, '08, 11:23

This drama is great, I love it :wub: but it's hard to find magazine scans about it :cry:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 18th, '08, 04:42

I was watching the June 5th episode of Utaban which featured the cast of Rookies (available over at Jpopsuki), and all I can say is: Dang, I feel bad for Takaoka Sousuke.
After his role in Pacchigi, he's become completely typecast as a gangster-type. :/
I was hoping he'd find a way out of it, but so far, no luck... And now, it looks like he might get stuck being more known for who he's married to than anything else. ;_;

Anyhow, kind of a side rant...
Especially since I still haven't actually watched this thing... :fear:
But heck, it has baseball and a lot of actors I like in the supporting cast... So I figure it shouldn't be hard to get into when I have the time... ^_^;

Yunny

Post by Yunny » Jun 18th, '08, 09:09

yeah, nobody remember his role in Battle Royale, role that made me fell for him xDD :wub:

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Jun 21st, '08, 05:39

Does anyone know if there's a translation of the cast's apperance on Utaban floating around anywhere? Thanks.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jun 21st, '08, 06:57

Nope. More Women's Volleyball: Japan vs. Turkey

This it the first time since the series aired I'll be home at that time and it's preempted. Go figure. Oh well...
leadfreaky wrote:
Rori wrote:
yes, the next episode will be on 28th of June!
I think they haven't finished filming...^^°°°
so we have to wait two weeks til the next episode....><]

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jun 21st, '08, 07:47

Dang, I feel bad for Takaoka Sousuke.
After his role in Pacchigi, he's become completely typecast as a gangster-type. :/
i don't remember him in Battle Royale , i liked him in Crows ZERO , i first saw him in Taiyou no Kisetsu he played a nice rich guy , and on the gangster-type role i don't think he played that kind in Mop Girl although i only saw one episode.
but i like him very much and his wife too.

i like Nakao Akiyoshi too he is soooooo cute
did you see his muscles in ROOKIES episode7, (he is the first Asian guy i see since i started to see drams (2005) with that kind of muscles)

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 24th, '08, 06:23

All these weeks off make me sad. :(

I guess the upside to it is at least I've still got something to enjoy when all the other dramas I'm watching are finishing/nearing end. Maybe it's a good thing that they're prolonging the series this way too, because I'll be really sad when it comes to being over.

Nakao Akiyoshi: A huge change from the only drama I've ever seen him in, and that's Dragon Zakura. :lol But yeah, had some really nice eyecandy from him in the latest episode. xD

Takaoka Sousuke: This is my first time actually seeing him.

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 1st, '08, 16:07

Just finished watching the 6th Episode. And I completely agree with you guys, cause at first I thought I wouldn't like this drama as well but it keeps growing on me constantly as you mentioned ...ooh btw: I cannot wait for the Soundtrack to be uploaded °3°

Something else: uploaders have been arrested in Japan? oô that's insane! I mean as long as the show's not out on DVD yet it's not illegal to put it on the internet ...at least that's what I thought, seems I was wrong ^^° Anyways I feel bad for them. There are people in this world who do a whole lot of more evil things than sharing the love, if you know what I mean -_-; It's a mad world.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 1st, '08, 16:18

YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:Just finished watching the 6th Episode. And I completely agree with you guys, cause at first I thought I wouldn't like this drama as well but it keeps growing on me constantly as you mentioned ...ooh btw: I cannot wait for the Soundtrack to be uploaded °3°
The music in this drama is sooo beautiful~ I've replayed scenes just to listen to the tracks sometimes. I hope someone gets around to uploading the OST for us.
YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:Something else: uploaders have been arrested in Japan? oô that's insane! I mean as long as the show's not out on DVD yet it's not illegal to put it on the internet ...at least that's what I thought, seems I was wrong ^^° Anyways I feel bad for them. There are people in this world who do a whole lot of more evil things than sharing the love, if you know what I mean -_-; It's a mad world.
This was a while ago, nothing that I watched was affected by it, and thankfully, not ROOKIES either.

I think downloading for private use is not illegal but uploading is. I don't really know, don't know much about it all. ~_~

-

Wish this thread was more alive :(

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 1st, '08, 16:25

Rori wrote:The music in this drama is sooo beautiful~ I've replayed scenes just to listen to the tracks sometimes. I hope someone gets around to uploading the OST for us.
me too *___* i especially love the slow instrumental version of "Kiseki"!
Rori wrote:Wish this thread was more alive :(
Too bad! :/ I assumed it to be more lively by seeing the number of downloads to the latest RAW version of ROOKIES oô

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 1st, '08, 16:38

YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:[me too *___* i especially love the slow instrumental version of "Kiseki"!
GreeeeN have tht instrumental version of 'Kiseki' in their new album. Totally :wub: it....

As for wishing tht this thread to be more lively, I have the same feeling also. I'm quite surprised tht ppl dont really talk about this show... Probably the lack of 'cute boys' like in Gokusen 3.

Btw, this show never fails to make me smile every time I do my timing :lol and I enjoyed it even more when I have the subs to watch with.... :P

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 1st, '08, 16:51

darynrose wrote:GreeeeN have tht instrumental version of 'Kiseki' in their new album. Totally :wub: it....
Ah! really? Thx for the hint *jpopsuki I'm coming! XD
darynrose wrote:As for wishing tht this thread to be more lively, I have the same feeling also. I'm quite surprised tht ppl dont really talk about this show... Probably the lack of 'cute boys' like in Gokusen 3.
Could be one of the reasons (have we gotten so shallow??)...well they might not be the best looking guys, but again that's a fact that makes this drama so special in my eyes ...in the beginning it was sooo irritating that they were not your regular babyfaced cuties, but I like the fact they're not your average yamapi (alltough I'll have to admit I LOVE YAMAPI ^^V but...) ..I guess I have something going for the not so pretty boys as well ;P
Speaking of which:
I like Aniya! °3° Dang! He looks like he's sprung straight out of the mange itself oô he's got such a unique face!
darynrose wrote:Btw, this show never fails to make me smile every time I do my timing :lol and I enjoyed it even more when I have the subs to watch with.... :P
And i guess I'm speaking for everyone now: THANKS SO MUCH for your effort! :D

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 1st, '08, 17:06

YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:
darynrose wrote:GreeeeN have tht instrumental version of 'Kiseki' in their new album. Totally :wub: it....
Ah! really? Thx for the hint *jpopsuki I'm coming! XD
Me too! lol xD
YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:Could be one of the reasons (have we gotten so shallow??)...well they might not be the best looking guys, but again that's a fact that makes this drama so special in my eyes ...in the beginning it was sooo irritating that they were not your regular babyfaced cuties, but I like the fact they're not your average yamapi (alltough I'll have to admit I LOVE YAMAPI ^^V but...) ..I guess I have something going for the not so pretty boys as well ;P
Well at least these boys can act which can't be said for some of the Gokusen 3 boys. Not bashing G3 here, I liked the series - sad it's over but the acting was horrible at times.
YouLessThanThreeMe wrote: I like Aniya! °3° Dang! He looks like he's sprung straight out of the mange itself oô he's got such a unique face!
Speaking of Aniya, ROOKIES has turned me into such a huge Ichihara Hayato fangirl. <3~
YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:
darynrose wrote:Btw, this show never fails to make me smile every time I do my timing :lol and I enjoyed it even more when I have the subs to watch with.... :P
And i guess I'm speaking for everyone now: THANKS SO MUCH for your effort! :D
Yup! Thank you so much for the effort you put into it. Wouldn't enjoy ROOKIES as much if I didn't have subs to go with it. :alcoholic:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 1st, '08, 17:23

Rori wrote:Speaking of Aniya, ROOKIES has turned me into such a huge Ichihara Hayato fangirl. <3~
I don't like Aniya at first coz he frown too much, making his face some what distorted [tht's probably just me...] but dang... he's gettin' cuter by the episodes. Prefers watching him in his T-shirt rather than in his school uniform.

In Epi 7...
I was expecting Aniya to be showing some skin but too bad.... there isn't any :sweat: All tht they showed was Sekikawa.... Heck didnt expect underneath tht uniform... XD
But yeah... I'm kinda Ichihara Hayato fangirl in the making.... :lol

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 1st, '08, 17:24

Rori wrote:Me too! lol xD
lol xDD
Rori wrote:Well at least these boys can act which can't be said for some of the Gokusen 3 boys. Not bashing G3 here, I liked the series - sad it's over but the acting was horrible at times.
haha so it was THAT bad? ^^° I haven't managed to watch it yet
Rori wrote:Speaking of Aniya, ROOKIES has turned me into such a huge Ichihara Hayato fangirl. <3~
I cheer for him as well!! XD
HE's HOT! <3 ...without a doubt!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 1st, '08, 17:34

I liked Ichihara Hayato before this after seeing him in a couple of movies, absolutely love him playing Aniya. :wub: I know where you're coming from when you say his frown distorts his face. :lol But the only other things I've seen him in he's played such a dorky, cute little character. Aniya is a bit of a change, he still has his dorkish moments. Also makes me laugh how he's practically the ring leader - yet smaller than all of them. xD
darynrose wrote:
In Epi 7...
I was expecting Aniya to be showing some skin but too bad.... there isn't any :sweat: All tht they showed was Sekikawa.... Heck didnt expect underneath tht uniform... XD
lol, yeah. Some nice eye candy there, though.

Ah well, the series isn't over yet XD
--
YouLessThanThreeMe wrote:haha so it was THAT bad? ^^° I haven't managed to watch it yet
I can't really blame them, most of them are pretty much newbies to acting.

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 1st, '08, 18:03

oooh the orgel-version of "Kiseki" is beautiful! <3

Now I want the OST even more °-°V haha

devoruskie

Post by devoruskie » Jul 1st, '08, 18:19

[quote="Rori"]I liked Ichihara Hayato before this after seeing him in a couple of movies, absolutely love him playing Aniya. :wub: I know where you're coming from when you say his frown distorts his face. :lol But the only other things I've seen him in he's played such a dorky, cute little character. Aniya is a bit of a change, he still has his dorkish moments. Also makes me laugh how he's practically the ring leader - yet smaller than all of them. xD

[quote="darynrose"]

I Agree, Ichihara Hayato is a very good actor but the series he get in are not the best. I blame this a little on his talent agency. He's got the talet but Rookies so far is the only series that's kinda shown that.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 2nd, '08, 01:56

devoruskie wrote:I Agree, Ichihara Hayato is a very good actor....
Agree with Ichihara being a good actor but lets not leave out the other actors as well...

Sato Ryuta aka 'Motivator' Kawato is a good actor as well, he caught my eye since I watched Pride. He suit well playing Kawato and I'm don't think other actor could play Kawato character better than him. You have to agree... the silliness of his smiles/grins and all his philosophical motivation lines.... :lol

Koide Keisuke aka 'CryBaby' Mikoshiba is also a good actor, seen him acting in Nodame, Anmitsu and Rookies... he played different characters in all of the 3 shows.... In Nodame, he's hilarious as for in Anmitsu, he's being a cool tough guy and in Rookies, he's tht tolerant 'crybaby'... :lol

Nakao Akiyoshi aka 'Dragonball Hair' Sekikawa - Honestly I've never watch him acting before... well I mean before Rookies but I just recently dlded DragonZakura and ... wow... the transformation from a geeky guy to now... :D

Takaoka Sousuke aka 'Super Hair gel Hair' - he was annoying in Koshonin and I find him to be not good looking but in Rookies he kinda look different. Cant find the right word to describe it. Probably 'adorable' at times... :P

Shirota Yu aka 'Tough Guy' Shinjo - I like Shinjo character in the early 2-3 episodes but I find tht the character to be losing it's momentum after tht... is it just me? :blink . Yu in HanaKimi - dont like him, in Koshonin - wow.... psycho = scary... I like the fact tht he did bring few elements of his Koshonin character into his Shinjo' character, in the early episodes of Rookies but as I said his character is losing momentum. :glare:
devoruskie wrote:..but the series he get in are not the best. I blame this a little on his talent agency. He's got the talet but Rookies so far is the only series that's kinda shown that.
Lets just hope tht his coming drama/movie would be good as well... :D

I should stop writing now..... :P
Last edited by darynrose on Jul 2nd, '08, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

devoruskie

Post by devoruskie » Jul 2nd, '08, 02:10

Absolutly agree with Sato Ryuta, the guy has done wonders with his career. Though in Pride he seem like the baby, in Rookies he's the champ. best actor in the series i think.

same with Nakao Akiyoshi. That guy has really grown up from Waters boys 2 and H2!

however, Koide Keisuke is actaully kinda boring in my opinion and Shirota Yu just staright out annoys me. he doesnt at all seem capable of doing this series.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 5th, '08, 19:16

This is my first time seeing Sato Ryuta, and the guy won me over in the first five minutes I saw of him. ROOKIES may not be doing as well (going by ratings) as Gokusen or as popular as GTO (well actually I have no clue about this one, I wasn't around when GTO was airing) but Kawato really lives up to teachers like Yankumi and Onichi. Not to mention the fact that his acting is, just, bloody amazing.

Episode 09 —
This episode is pretty much after the storm, if you could call it that since the baseball team get some trouble from their Kohai, are they? This episode wasn't as gripping as some of the previous ones, like 8 or 5 but some of the scenes in here really made up for that. One of my favorites was Mikoshiba and Kawato in the club room after it had gotten' destroyed. Couldn't understand a lot of what they were talking about but it was a pretty emotional scene. If Koide Keisuke was boring me before hand, this episode he really won me over. Well, he's always been a good actor. But yeah, from the start this guy has been pretty boring for me, too.

Also near the end - how they swore they wouldn't fight, but in the end they won't take **** from their Kohai. Well, I think that what was going on at least. xD

Of course, the BEAUTIFUL music this series has really adds to these scenes, a lot.

Forgot to mention, the school must have to pay loads to replace broken windows. >_<

Ep 10 — does Aniya (or someone else) have an injury? :(

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 6th, '08, 06:42

I just got recently addicted to Rookies. It's a nice inspirational drama, I definitely can't wait for the rest of the eps :mrgreen:

costa 07

Post by costa 07 » Jul 6th, '08, 12:16

In preview for ep 10 i saw 19/7 ,is this when ep 10 is gonna air?
I just hope they're not taking another week off. :-(

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 6th, '08, 12:47

@ Rori...

I've just finished timing cum watching Epi 9...
Well, IMO, Mikoshiba/Koide might be a bit boring but I honestly believe he's the only one who can really pull off all those emotional scenes... He's a crybaby.... :lol
@ costa 07...

Unfortunately yeah.... Rookies gonna take another week off... So you guys have to wait until July 19th for the 10th Epi... :-(

costa 07

Post by costa 07 » Jul 6th, '08, 13:41

Ahh , this drama had so many delays
,but nevertheless is my fav. this season.

Elien

Post by Elien » Jul 6th, '08, 14:05

Hi there :D I didn´t know that there is a thread for Rookies. If so I would join you earlier though. I totaly love this show, it´s different from Gokusen and these guys are not so pathetic as the Gokuse ones. Kawato sure does help them but they can do everything on their own.
Can´t agree with you on one thing. They ARE good looking guys! Aniya is cool, Shinjo is tall (what is pretty funny :lol ), Sekikawa has nice body ( :whistling: ), Wakana looks better with his hair here then in Mop Girl or Koshonin, Yufune is super sweet, NYA!, Hiyama has a grown up look and it suits him, but the best of all is Okada. I love his hair :wub: These guys make me smile in every situation they are 8)

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 6th, '08, 14:10

Welcome to the thread, glad more ppl joining in,
Elien wrote: but the best of all is Okada. I love his hair :wub: ...
LOL... Okada's hair remind me of tht alien in 'Predator'.... :lol

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 6th, '08, 14:21

i luv Rookies and all of the main character....
each boy is so lovable<3333
all the actor is my fav so that a bonus^^
Takeru really change so much from his role in Den-o to Rookies^^
such a good actor for such a young age^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 14:26

Oh, boo. x3 All these weeks off. It's not fair. :stress:

These guys are good looking! Not as pretty as the Gokusen boys but what does that matter.

I'm strangely drawn to Okada (or should I say, Sato Takeru) I tried watching more dramas with him in but Kamen Rider Den-O is way too much like the Japanese version of the power rangers for me to get used to it. And I have yet to go back to Princess Princess D after being pretty creeped out by the first 5 minutes. :lol

yay for active thread. :-)

Elien

Post by Elien » Jul 6th, '08, 14:37

I start to hate volleyball because of all these weeks off T_T
Did you gyus see Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge? Aniya is there as the main lead and has blond and curlly hair XD The other two guys with him are Miura Haruma from Gokusen and the guy which is in Code Blue with YamaPi now..

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 14:43

Elien wrote:I start to hate volleyball because of all these weeks off T_T
Did you gyus see Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge? Aniya is there as the main lead and has blond and curlly hair XD The other two guys with him are Miura Haruma from Gokusen and the guy which is in Code Blue with YamaPi now..
Haven't seen it, but if it has Haruma in it also, then I'll definitely be checking it out.

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zeldAIS » Jul 7th, '08, 07:28

Rori wrote:I'm strangely drawn to Okada (or should I say, Sato Takeru) I tried watching more dramas with him in but Kamen Rider Den-O is way too much like the Japanese version of the power rangers for me to get used to it.
heh - i had to comment on this and can't really help it XD the americans tried westernizing every tokusatsu that was way popular in Japan, though most of them died early (well Saban's company died mostly :P). The Power Rangers franchise is the only thing I know that really got strong - like last year's super sentai - Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger (awesome series and not because i was the typesetter of it XD) became this year's Power Rangers Jungle Fury where everything is westernized (like this year's Engine Sentai Go-onger will be next year's Power Rangers RPM so i've heard - so it's like after Toei made the theme and costumes and monsters and such for the super sentai franchise - disney will buy the footages, costumes, everything and make them all westernized...). I remember the horror of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a kid cause i'm like.. WTF?! that's Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger!!! (I watched the original when i was a lot younger before MMPR came out). And bleah... Kamen Rider Ryuki (Kamen Rider series 5 years before Kamen Rider Den-O) will soon become the westernized Kamen Rider Dragon Knight... the horror again TT_TT

But it can't be helped, most of the english language community was exposed to Power Rangers first than tokusatsus in Japan >_< *sigh*

Anyway, back to topic regarding this great JDrama - Rookies. My analyses and deductive reasoning told me that most of the people watching this drama are fangirls XD and they just watched this series cause they were looking forward to their favorite cute guys to fangirl with ... am i right or am i correct? XD can't be helped :P

I, on the other hand, wanted to see this series subbed because it still is one of my fave mangas I read a couple or more years back. So i was dang excited to hear the announcement that the manga will became a live action version (which is ack very much in trend these days... lol)

To be honest, I was expecting more meat in the actors playing their roles :P cause Masanori Morita tend to have brawling high school themes in his works (well, I have Rokudenshi Blues to compare with Rookies :P). But in all fairness, I'm very very much happy how the scenes and changes made from the manga became to the live action version.... though many fangirls i know would've been sad not to see this part
where only sekikawa did that in the drama XD

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 7th, '08, 07:53

zeldAIS wrote: though many fangirls i know would've been sad not to see this part
Dang, Ais! You just had to bring tht up over here too..... XD and again I said yeah... who won't be sad.... :P
zeldAIS wrote:Anyway, back to topic regarding this great JDrama - Rookies. My analyses and deductive reasoning told me that most of the people watching this drama are fangirls pinch and they just watched this series cause they were looking forward to their favorite cute guys to fangirl with ... am i right or am i correct? pinch can't be helped
Well, actually no... I'm for one like the story of the drama. It's just tht it look like as if I'm in it for the 'cute guys'... but no I'm not, it's truly a good LA drama... but I don't mind the fanservice it has given so far.... XD :P

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 8th, '08, 01:02

zeldAIS wrote:[ though many fangirls i know would've been sad not to see this part

HA ha...obviously because Nakao Akiyoshi (Sekikawa) has the best bod for the scene...or most likely, the only one XD
I'm not sad at all 8)

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 8th, '08, 02:52

Whoah. I didn't know The Power Rangers was based off a Japanese show originally. Craaappp. I LOVED that show back when I was kid.
zeldAIS wrote:Anyway, back to topic regarding this great JDrama - Rookies. My analyses and deductive reasoning told me that most of the people watching this drama are fangirls XD and they just watched this series cause they were looking forward to their favorite cute guys to fangirl with ... am i right or am i correct? XD can't be helped :P
Oh, no way. I wasn't a fan of any of the cast when I first heard of ROOKIES. Didn't even know who half the cast were. So it definitely wasn't on my watch list because of all the nice eye candy; my favorite type of Jdramas are high school ones, so ROOKIES was a certain for me around when it was announced. I wasn't too excited on the story if I have to be really honest, baseball has never interested me, nor' has sports dramas in general.

ROOKIES has completely blew me away, I really underestimated it. And it has nothing to do with how good looking most of the cast are. The story is really, really gripping. You have to admit, the plot, is nothing new. We've seen it done before in other dramas. Teacher, delinquents. You get the idea. But this series plays it out so well that you can't help but love it. It can be emotional, can be inspiring, touching and it can be hilarious at times, and every scene does it near perfectly. Combined with it's beautiful soundtrack, brilliant acting from all of them, it was hard not to love this series.

I won't deny that this series has made me into a fan of pretty much all the cast, and a fangirl of a few of em' AND that I really don't mind the eye candy :P but this series is a lot more than just that for me.

gonna' end mah rookies rant there; I've gone on long enough. :alcoholic:
Last edited by Rori on Jul 11th, '08, 01:01, edited 2 times in total.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 8th, '08, 04:30

Yes I agree that at first I probably wouldn't have watched this drama if I didn't know who was in it, but I thought heck why not give it a shot, and wollah! I totally love it now :D
Honestly when I first watched the first couple of episodes I didn't really think much of the guys, I thought yea they are alright lookin, not the hottest I've eva seen :lol But I think they grew on me and now I have this sudden attraction for the guy playin 'Aniya' :lol :wub: I don't know what I like about him exactly ... I mean his eyebrows are shaped better than mine :lol But there is something about him that is really attractive ... Does anyone else think he is hot too? :w00t:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 8th, '08, 04:41

akiko-chico wrote:Does anyone else think he is hot too? :w00t:
Definitely. He wasn't anything special in anything else I'd seen in him before. Rainbow Song, Check it out, yo, but ROOKIES = immediate fangirl. :wub: His character is a real change from the love able dork that he was in those two movies. Even though, he still has his dorkish moments in ROOKIES, too. And I'm just in love with his voice: with that, I'll leave the thread before I creep anyone out. :lol

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 8th, '08, 05:06

Well for me Aniya is more in the category of cute not hot... :P Does tht make sense? Or cute and hot are the same thing? :blink
Rori wrote:And I'm just in love with his voice:
It suits him and I notice tht Ichihara likes to drag his sentence... [blame tht to doing a lot of timing on ROOKIES XD ]
Rori wrote:with that, I'll leave the thread before I creep anyone out. :lol

Don't leave... thread gonna die a slow painful death.... :lol

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 8th, '08, 07:21

Yep makes sense, I guess you're right he isn't like hot hot but yes rather cute haha
And yes his voice is sexy lets not deny it :lol :mrgreen:
darynrose wrote:
Well for me Aniya is more in the category of cute not hot... :P Does tht make sense? Or cute and hot are the same thing? :blink
Rori wrote:And I'm just in love with his voice:
It suits him and I notice tht Ichihara likes to drag his sentence... [blame tht to doing a lot of timing on ROOKIES XD ]
Rori wrote:with that, I'll leave the thread before I creep anyone out. :lol

Don't leave... thread gonna die a slow painful death.... :lol

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 8th, '08, 07:50

zeldAIS wrote: Kamen Rider Ryuki (Kamen Rider series 5 years before Kamen Rider Den-O) will soon become the westernized Kamen Rider Dragon Knight... the horror again TT_TT
True Power rangers is originaly super sentai. And don't worry the Kamen rider Dragon knight is being produced by an Fan from Kamen rider, Steve wang. the trailer it self show's the same style as an normal rider series in japan. besides these series are more connected to toei than power rangers.

If you see transforming super heroes it means that it's originaly from japan or it must be inspired of japan.

I don't really like it when people say's its power rangers but i'm not angry because simply because many people didn't knew.

I'm watching Rookies Because i'm an Fan of Takeru Sato. and i became instreted in Ichihara Hayato thanx to Rookies. don't get me wrong i'm straight lol :P

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 8th, '08, 18:20

This is going to sound really dumb but somehow i find myself getting teary after every epi just when the Kiseki ending theme starts lol. Wsn't expecting Rookies to be great but tried it anyway cos of my soft spot of Ichihara Hayato and Ryuta Sato. Didn't think Hayato could pull off the Aniya role, i'm so ashamed to have ever doubted him now.

On a light note, does anyone realise Hayato is actually wearing a wig for the drama?

a2a

Post by a2a » Jul 8th, '08, 20:26

I also find myself crying when I watch Rookies. The only drama in a while that made me cry! Sure Last Friends was great and stuff but it did not touch me emotionally. Rookies did! I love it how it draws out these emotions from me!
Ichihara Hayato is amazing here! (As are all the guys but he's the top!)
And Sato Ryuta too! When he smiles with his trademark smile it makes me smile too!

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 9th, '08, 02:39

Say what? Is he really wearing a wig? :scratch:

And I have to confess that I also get teary from time to time hehe
kokitty wrote:This is going to sound really dumb but somehow i find myself getting teary after every epi just when the Kiseki ending theme starts lol. Wsn't expecting Rookies to be great but tried it anyway cos of my soft spot of Ichihara Hayato and Ryuta Sato. Didn't think Hayato could pull off the Aniya role, i'm so ashamed to have ever doubted him now.

On a light note, does anyone realise Hayato is actually wearing a wig for the drama?

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 9th, '08, 04:52

I didn't realize that so many girls would be into this drama, what with it being based off of a nekketsu(?) shonen manga and all. Lol. But I don't agree with most of the audience being fangirls. I think the nature of the drama has a pretty good appeal toward male audiences, and so I'd imagine that the audience is pretty balanced. Considering how the ratings have constantly been higher than that of the first episode, it definitely has mass appeal.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this drama. A lot of it is waay cheesey, but it's so well-made that it doesn't really bother me. I also am one of those who get teary-eyed from time to time. There's at least a couple of moments every episode. Lol.

In most drama series, there is almost always one actor/actress who really stands out. For ROOKIES, it's gotta be Koide Keisuke. I've seen him in a couple of dramas before and never really thought much of him, but this drama has caused me to completely reevaluate him. Perhaps I feel this way because he gets all of the good scenes, but everything from his delivering lines to expressing some very minor facial expressions are top notch. He really brings his character to life, and has done a great job at showing how his character has grown throughout the series.

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 9th, '08, 15:31

:blink He's wearing a wig? Where'd you get that from?

Geez Aniya's such a cool cat :roll

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 9th, '08, 16:53

Does anyone else think he is hot too? w00t
me :wub: his voice is HOT XD

Hounto?? :blink didn't know that!

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 10th, '08, 01:04

YouLessThanThreeMe wrote::blink He's wearing a wig? Where'd you get that from?

Geez Aniya's such a cool cat :roll
Oh, I was reading the blog of an Hayato japanese fan. She wrote about him wearing a wig (or maybe it's hair extentions)

Anyway in some of the Rookies bansens he went on, i think it was either Hanamura Cafe or Chubaw, he had rather short hair.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 11th, '08, 00:55

Totally didn't realize he was wearing a wig for Aniya! It took me a while to get used to, but I like this hair like that.

Nice sig, Love Angel. =)

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 11th, '08, 05:01

HUh? uhm i don't think he has an wig because his hair style is pretty much the same as in the Movie.

Kami sama no Puzzle. trough the pictures and clips i've seen.

jyori

Post by jyori » Jul 11th, '08, 05:12

hii everyone ^^

idk if anyone has mentioned this but ....

don't you wonder how sekikawa's (sp?) hair stays up after he wears the batting helmet? lol

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 11th, '08, 08:15

Yes I do wonder too :lol But they got some real GOOD hairspray thats for sure :w00t:
jyori wrote:hii everyone ^^

don't you wonder how sekikawa's (sp?) hair stays up after he wears the batting helmet? lol

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 11th, '08, 11:03

akiko-chico wrote:Yes I do wonder too :lol But they got some real GOOD hairspray thats for sure :w00t:
jyori wrote:hii everyone ^^

It's magic! :lol

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 11th, '08, 11:19

Maybe his hair stayes up like because the put some really strong hair gel in it?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 14th, '08, 09:00

To bump the thread and a bit of news on Koide Keisuke:
Keisuke Koide undergoes surgery for appendicitis
Sun, July 13, 2008 (1:37am EDT)
Actor Keisuke Koide had an emergency appendectomy on Thursday. He was filming for the TBS drama series "ROOKIES" on Wednesday when he began feeling stomach pains, and after being taken to a nearby hospital, he was diagnosed with appendicitis. He was given medication to alleviate the pain, but after showing no improvement, he underwent surgery the next day.

Sources said that Koide will likely return to work by the start of the week.
source: Tokyograph; Sankei Sports

I know what he went through; I had appendicitis a few years back. Good news it wasn't too serious. Yet he can go back to work in one week. I was in hospital for 3. xD

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 14th, '08, 09:03

i know this i hope he's doing okay.

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 14th, '08, 11:23

Oh my! :O I hope he'll be alright. And I hope he doesn't strain himself in order to get back to the set ...he should rest and get healthy!
Get well soon Koide-san!!!

samanthapoop

Hiratsuka Taira

Post by samanthapoop » Jul 14th, '08, 13:05

Hey guys, hope this wasnt posted before,

guess who..

tada!

the funny dude who cracks me up all the time. HAHA! he looked hot in the first pic. shucks. or maybe wiki made a mistake?

source:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kiritani_Kenta[/img]

YouLessThanThreeMe

Post by YouLessThanThreeMe » Jul 14th, '08, 13:08

omg ...Hiratsuka kun?? X___x ....
mahaha that's irritating LOL
So they casted good looking guys after all and transformed them into geekish looking dudes XD

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 19th, '08, 12:19

Watched the episode from today.

Danm!!! It's Getting Intense i swear!!! i really am looking forward to the next episode i love this Drama!!!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 20th, '08, 08:20

I take it next weeks episode is last one? Koizora is supposed to take over ROOKIES time slot on TBS and since that premiers on August 2nd it only leaves room for one more ROOKIES episode.

--

Still haven't watched ep 10 yet. Got it downloading.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 20th, '08, 12:54

Last episode gonna be a 2 hours show. I've finished timing Epi 10, like 6 hours ago and as always it has a emotional roller coaster ride in it.

Epi 10
Three of the guys got hurt but I believe Aniya got it really bad... Am not sure what happened to Kawato since he's not on the field as the guys have their next game. Dang, I cant wait for subs..... XD

And the gang got their own fans now..... XD

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 20th, '08, 13:14

Ep 10
Yeah, poor Aniya. It doesn't look good for him. Did the Doctor tell him he can never play Baseball again?

To be honest my attention was elsewhere this episode. I think my hype and excitement for it was killed by the week off it had. That added with not much went on this episode. It was still a good one nonetheless. Though I'm hoping the whopping 2 hour Finale can relight my passion for ROOKIES since it's the last episode of the series.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 20th, '08, 13:25

Probably just me being emotional. Heh... Blame it to all the weeks off they had taken. I'm so glad I can watch the show again this week. XD

Prays tht the Finale gonna be a good one... XD

I still feel tht this drama is STILL underrated.... :glare:

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 20th, '08, 18:36

ehem i recorded an CM of the 2 hour Special of ROOKIES (not the one you saw in the video release)

But Thanx to the earthquack from yesterday in japan the quality of the video is really really low. sorry for that, next time i hope it's better.