Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 4th, '08, 05:05

okkkkk..I really want to watch LIFE..but where do I find it subbed in english?

foxiii

Post by foxiii » Jun 4th, '08, 15:13

Yolchen wrote:
foxiii wrote:Ah Last friend? Ueno Juri! XD XD

errr... how do i watch it?
D:

I'm not from Japan, btw.
yess, ueno juri=love <3

I don't know if your question ws just because you couldn't find Last Friends, but I think it's quite useful to know these sides
http://crunchyroll.com
http://aznv.tv
http://veoh.com (veoh player is great!)
http://hoomie.com

very popular series are also splitted and uploaded at youtube ... (GTO for example...)

(I hope linking this pages is okay?)
m'kay I'll check it out.
But now i'm currently finishing:
Iryu Season 2
Tokyo Love Story XD XD

after that, I think i'm going to check the Last Friend :D

anyone ever watch a horror movei called Kairo?

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 4th, '08, 16:54

Tofuspeedstar wrote:okkkkk..I really want to watch LIFE..but where do I find it subbed in english?
I think you've to be logged in, but it's completely free~

if you want to download it:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_53142.htm

=')

bbabyJESS

Post by bbabyJESS » Jun 4th, '08, 19:02

sarah117 wrote:
bbabyJESS wrote:i wonder do anyone have mystery dramas liike kindaichi to recommend me ? i love such dramas but couldnt find much , any recommendations ? ;D
there are some detective mystery genre of dramas such as Tantei Gakuen Q and Detective Conan live action.
or else, you can also try Liar Game or Trick, eventhough they are not based on detectives..
hope it helps.. :-)
yeah it sure does , thanks loads !
ryoko11 wrote:
bbabyJESS wrote:i wonder do anyone have mystery dramas liike kindaichi to recommend me ? i love such dramas but couldnt find much , any recommendations ? ;D
Trick
Galileo
Puzzle (currently airing)
Jikou Keisatsu
Kuitan
many people recommended trick , i'll be watching it tomorrow , thanks too , ryoko !
^Yuuki wrote:
Galileo for a slightly more serious tone and Tantei Gakuen Q for a lighter one. ^^

And people who haven't watch Last Friends should start watching. Heheh. :mrgreen:
thanks too yuuki ! ^^

Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 5th, '08, 03:02

Yolchen wrote:
Tofuspeedstar wrote:okkkkk..I really want to watch LIFE..but where do I find it subbed in english?
I think you've to be logged in, but it's completely free~

if you want to download it:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_53142.htm

=')
sweeeeeeeeeet, thanks dawg!

kassim3

Post by kassim3 » Jun 5th, '08, 18:34

SayonaraKonayuki wrote:kassim3: Try Taiyou no Kisetsu.
Thank you but i now have a problem....
I am going to be finishing my exams soon and it is my last year at school l:dance: , this means that i will have 2 and a half months of holiday to waste XD . I need a really really big list of dramas to watch. I dont mind romances but it has to have comedy in it, not to serious. I need good action/adventure drama. Thriller would be nice and maybe some mystery dramas. Can you make sure that the dramas are not really "dark" material because i dont like them.

here's a list of the ones I've watched or going to watch:
kurosagi
nobuto wo produce
orange days
rondo
densho otoko
gokusen
dragon zakura
trick(going to watch)
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko(watching)

i really seem to like the actor Abe hiroshi :D

Can u also reccomand some chinese drama with wuxia (i think its called) with people flying around and stuff, I've seen return of condor heroes 2006 and dragon sabre heavenly sword . Really liked those chinese dramas really good martial arts :D

Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 5th, '08, 20:40

..add on to that list lol..

Hana Kimi
Brother Beat
Taiyou No Kisetsu
Boku Date no Madonna
Stand Up!!
Zettai Karashi
GTO
CHANGE

kassim3

Post by kassim3 » Jun 5th, '08, 21:37

oh yeh i've also seen GTO and hana kimi forgot about them,lol. Well Thank you sooooo much i'll check them out. This will probably last me for some time but if anyone has any more please post them

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 21:49

kassim3 wrote:oh yeh i've also seen GTO and hana kimi forgot about them,lol. Well Thank you sooooo much i'll check them out. This will probably last me for some time but if anyone has any more please post them
maybe u should also try Last Friends. i really recommend it to you and others. i know i've been promoting this drama a lot in this thread, but it becomes more and more interesting!! you won't get these feelings with another drama. believe me, u won't regret it.. :roll

kassim3

Post by kassim3 » Jun 5th, '08, 22:36

ok one more to my list... thank you soooo much

mercuryrune

Post by mercuryrune » Jun 6th, '08, 00:22

hello all,

I'm looking for I guess what would be a deep-romance drama. Something where there is definitely a strong and present sexual content/tension/relationship thereby leading to god knows what kind of events that try to otherwise sabotage it.

Sadly, I'd be more inclined to point out an anime (School Days) as a reference, but I've seen quite an amount of j-drama and have found few that are like that in theme... in fact only cheap love really comes to mind...and maybe majo no jouken...

could someone help to put me on the path, and it doesn't matter if it's raw or subbed.
(but I would prefer subbed so I could invite my wife to watch)...

thanks.

weeniexthexpooh

Post by weeniexthexpooh » Jun 6th, '08, 01:01

Definitely:
Densha Otoko
Gokusen 1
and
Nobuta wo Produce
<3

rairai

Post by rairai » Jun 6th, '08, 03:17

mercuryrune: if its deep-romance drama, id suggest, orange days, 1 litre of tears, tatta hitotsu no koi and taiyou no kisetsu, also itoshi kimi e.. (though some had sad (yet sweet) endings :)

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 6th, '08, 16:32

mercuryrune: I think "Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake" is fitting your description.
And maybe also: Beautiful Life

I haven't seen any of them (because I don't really like sad stories ^^°) but they were high recommended by others!

You could also check out "Summer Snow"
and "Kimiga oshietekureta koto" (which is very interesting because it tells the story about an autistic girl falling in love ;;*)
I really loved "Bara no nai Hanaya"

And I agree with rairai: 1 Litre of Tears is a beatiful story, that makes you cry and cry and really sad but gives you hope at the same time -> must watch!
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi is also great!

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » Jun 6th, '08, 19:31

I've posted a few times now X_X started most series,but don't interest me.
Watched the following

Proposal Daisakusen
Last friend
Strawberry on Shortcake
Kurosagi
Densha Otoko
GTO
dragon zakura
nobuta wo produce
kurosagi
stand up!!
check it out yo!
liars game
One Pound Gospel
papa to hanayome?

Anyway,i was hoping for some suggestions with the following Genre.
Romance
(Mostly those cheesy high-school dramas people hate >_> but i like)
(I'm fine with any sort of romance drama,cept i like the ^ above better X_X)
& Romance-Comedy

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 6th, '08, 22:43

BozoBear wrote:I've posted a few times now X_X started most series,but don't interest me.
Watched the following

Proposal Daisakusen
Last friend
Strawberry on Shortcake
Kurosagi
Densha Otoko
GTO
dragon zakura
nobuta wo produce
kurosagi
stand up!!
check it out yo!
liars game
One Pound Gospel
papa to hanayome?

Anyway,i was hoping for some suggestions with the following Genre.
Romance
(Mostly those cheesy high-school dramas people hate >_> but i like)
(I'm fine with any sort of romance drama,cept i like the ^ above better X_X)
& Romance-Comedy
Check out:
-Nodame Cantabile (my alltimefavourite: comedy, romance. I hope a bit slapstick doesn't disturb you. And this drama needs some time to get really good... try to watch at least the first 2 or 3 episodes)

-Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (it's sometimes sad but the ending isn't disappointing-it's a wonderful romance!)

-Love Generation
-Virgin Road
-Long Vacation (don't be reluctant just because those 3 are a bit older - they're great!)

-My Boss my Hero (really funny, romance will start later, but it's coming!)

-Orange Days (really sweet!)
-Pride

-Bara no nai Hanaya (i loved this one!)

-Slow Dance

-Hana Yori Dango season 1 + 2 (i think the second one is even better. high school romance)

-14 Sai no Haha

-Last Christmas

-Hotaru no Hikari

-With Love (didn't like this so much but it's romance pure)

If you're okay with Taiwanese Doramas, you _must_ watch:

-The Devil Beside you
-Why why love

Romance, comedy, beautiful actors/actresses and it will satisfie any needs of a heart that strives for love xDD'

Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 7th, '08, 07:23

mercuryrune wrote:hello all,

I'm looking for I guess what would be a deep-romance drama. Something where there is definitely a strong and present sexual content/tension/relationship thereby leading to god knows what kind of events that try to otherwise sabotage it.

Sadly, I'd be more inclined to point out an anime (School Days) as a reference, but I've seen quite an amount of j-drama and have found few that are like that in theme... in fact only cheap love really comes to mind...and maybe majo no jouken...

could someone help to put me on the path, and it doesn't matter if it's raw or subbed.

thanks.
If I found a drama like School Days or Myself,Yourself I could die happy.

I'm hoping LIFE will include some of the elements that both of those animes included..

mercuryrune

Post by mercuryrune » Jun 7th, '08, 10:38

I totally forgot that I had seen Orange Days... yeah, things along that line are what I'm after. Heck, the first J-drama I ever saw was Love Generation... (that damn crystal apple!) followed by GTO, so starting with such HQ series has left me slightly jaded. It's funny, but heart-crushing emotional j-dorama/anime are the only things I can stand to watch these days.

Right now, I'm checking out KMSD and 1LoT for starters. It's amazing how much dorama I've seen and how I've managed to miss some potentially good series... that and how many ep#1's on the d-addicts tracker are 0-seeded... or just not there...

Thank you all for your suggestions, nothing better than to pass the time watching what makes you happy.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 7th, '08, 12:50

mercuryrune wrote:It's amazing how much dorama I've seen and how I've managed to miss some potentially good series... that and how many ep#1's on the d-addicts tracker are 0-seeded... or just not there...

Thank you all for your suggestions, nothing better than to pass the time watching what makes you happy.
What series do you refer to? ;;
Are you looking for something special?

And I agree on what you said=')
(Jdramas are the best :cheers: .... Lately when I've been watching Austrian TV Programs I wondered how anybody could watch the sh*t they're broadcasting... Poor fellowers who're satisfied with "Der Bulle von Tölz" and "Barbara Karlich Show"....)

murokeksi

Post by murokeksi » Jun 7th, '08, 13:25

I must say THE best drama ever: Last friends

And I have seen all the good ones too, but this was/is just so good that others will look bad..
(I've seen: Hana Yori Dango 1 and 2, Nobuta wo produce, Densha Otoko, Stand up!, Gokusen, Nodame, 1 littre of tears, bla bla bla...)..

SO everybody You must see this drama!! Watch first episode and you will understand!!

(I can't beleive I almost didn't watch this, 'cause firsth it seemed boring(firsth 5 minutes) big mistake..O___O)

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 7th, '08, 14:09

murokeksi wrote:I must say THE best drama ever: Last friends

And I have seen all the good ones too, but this was/is just so good that others will look bad..
(I've seen: Hana Yori Dango 1 and 2, Nobuta wo produce, Densha Otoko, Stand up!, Gokusen, Nodame, 1 littre of tears, bla bla bla...)..

SO everybody You must see this drama!! Watch first episode and you will understand!!

(I can't beleive I almost didn't watch this, 'cause firsth it seemed boring(firsth 5 minutes) big mistake..O___O)
XD I love all the same dramas you suggested. Except Densha Otoko, because I haven't gotten around to downloading the rest of the episodes. I'll second Last Friends, possibly the best drama I've seen. Nobuta Wo Produce (which was amazing).

LIFE was pretty good, and so was Kimi wa Petto (if you like that kind of thing), Proposal Daisakusen, and if you're looking to Taiwanese dramas at all, Meteor Garden I and II.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 8th, '08, 20:14

murokeksi wrote:I must say THE best drama ever: Last friends

yeah, you're absolutely right!! everybody should watch it. highly recommended.. :lol

hyukou

Post by hyukou » Jun 9th, '08, 07:55

Hello everyone,
Can someone suggest which has sign language, please? I've watched Hoshi no Kinka, Shin Hoshi no Kinka, Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, and Orange Days. Is there any drama with the same theme about sign language?
Thank you.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 12th, '08, 05:55

hyukou wrote:Hello everyone,
Can someone suggest which has sign language, please? I've watched Hoshi no Kinka, Shin Hoshi no Kinka, Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, and Orange Days. Is there any drama with the same theme about sign language?
Thank you.
sorry, i don't know any except Orange Days.. :roll

quashlo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by quashlo » Jun 12th, '08, 06:01

^ Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru

And on the related theme of blindness (and also starring Kanno Miho), Itoshi Kimi e.

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Jun 12th, '08, 07:13

Tofuspeedstar wrote:
mercuryrune wrote:hello all,

thanks.
If I found a drama like School Days or Myself,Yourself I could die happy.

I'm hoping LIFE will include some of the elements that both of those animes included..
For School Days I'd suggest watching Last Friends, currently airing if yur not already watching, and Byakuyakou. I can't think of anything to similar to Myself, Yourself though.

hyukou

Post by hyukou » Jun 12th, '08, 17:13

quashlo wrote:^ Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru

And on the related theme of blindness (and also starring Kanno Miho), Itoshi Kimi e.
Thank you,
I'm downloading Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru.

The Mac Attack

Post by The Mac Attack » Jun 14th, '08, 04:54

Hi JDrama Addicts!

I'm currently coordinating a Drama screening night for an Australian anime club, and could really use some suggestions. I've only seen a handful of dramas myself, so I thought I'd check in with the experts :thumleft:

We're looking for suggestions based on the following:
-Something appropriate for anime fans (although that doesn't necessarily mean we have to see stuff like GTO or Nodame Cantabile)
-Something appropriate for an age range between 16 and 26.
-Something for both the guys and girls to enjoy
-Something that's not too serious or complex
-Something not too old or obscure
-A selection which covers a wide range of genres

Considering it's only a one night thing, we would only show about 6 episodes, each from a different series.

Current Considerations include episodes from:
Stand Up!! (because I just finished watching it and loved it!)
Densha Otoko
Orange Days
GTO
Possibly 1 Litre of Tears (although it might be a bit too much of a tearjerker for this crowd)
Last edited by The Mac Attack on Jun 15th, '08, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 14th, '08, 17:35

@The Mac Attack: i'll just list you some jdramas that i enjoyed much...a part from you mentioned above.

1) Last Friends - a bit heavy, talks about current issues. still airing, but really great.. :thumleft:
2) Nodame Cantabile - humour, very entertaining..
3) Gokusen - about high school students, delinquents..
4) Hana Yori Dango - simply a great drama..
5) Zettai Kareshi - enjoyable, about robot.. currently airing..
6) My Boss My Hero - a mafia entering school. very enjoyable..
7) Proposal Daisakusen - about a guy going back in time to save his love..
8 ) Liar Game - a drama that makes you work your brain. lol..

The Mac Attack

Post by The Mac Attack » Jun 15th, '08, 01:21

Thanks Sarah. I'll be sure to check them out.

hikki2me

Post by hikki2me » Jun 15th, '08, 04:24

already watch many jdrama... but i still like the old drama... the drama left something for me...

- Beautiful Life
- Long Vacation
- God Give me some Time
- Otousan
- love generation

latest drama that i like
- Bara no hanaya = love it !!! type of drama that i been waiting for a long time... so sweet... give it a try...

aaronlite

New to j-dramas.

Post by aaronlite » Jun 17th, '08, 12:27

I just started watching last friends, well... I'm on episode 10 now. Haha, kind of addicted.

I was wondering what everyone would recommend if I enjoy "Last Friends" a lot?

mcjayjay

Post by mcjayjay » Jun 17th, '08, 12:36

well last friends is a one of a kind. dunno if there r dramas like it, but ill just recommend u the best dramas i saw:

hana kimi - very funny
hana yori dango - romance, i got addicted from the first episode
kurosagi
1 litre of tears
nodame cantabile

check those out :P

elfo

Post by elfo » Jun 17th, '08, 13:12

just an opinion...

Last Friends is VERY good

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 17th, '08, 14:09

I think there's no need for me to say this again but i still wanna say it haha

Last Friends is one the BEST this season, for me at least. :thumright:

well, the only series i know that touches on issues similar to LF *in Ruka's case GID* is Kinpaichi Sensei ( but i havent watched this) where Aya Ueto played a student with GID.

other series i'd recommend is quite similar to the ones above:

NODAME CANTABILE is a MUST (if you like Ruka, well, you don't wanna miss this since Ueno Juri/ Ruka is in here, but a 180 degrees from Ruka's character though) Still this is one of the most HILARIOUS manga turned live action i've ever seen. (i even like this more than hanakimi)

HANA KIMI ---> also a comedy, lots of cute guys :roll
1 litre of tears---> tear jerking (Ryo Nishikido in here as well)
Attention Please ---> comedy
Kurosagi ---> about swindling people's money, not bad

minamichan03

here's mine...

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 17th, '08, 14:14

hmm.. let's see...

if i were asked...

*Gokusen
-though i haven't watched the 3rd one yet,it might be good since i both liked 1 & 2...

*Kimi wa petto
-well,depends on the viewers...but,i liked the story...kinda...adult matters but pets.. haha :lol

*Nodame Catabile
-i really liked this one.. so musical and you would surely love the love story of nodame and chiaki... HAHAHA :roll

*Hana Yori Dango
-for me,i both enjoyed seasons 1 & 2... their love story,not that ordinary... hehe.. :-)
(and you should await for their movie for sure... showing on jun 28!!)

*Oishii Proposal
-kinda like with the story lovers in paris of k-drama but i think this is funny and nice love story too...

*Stand up!
-though i like the casting of this....(yamapi,nino,shun & hiroki... so perfect!!hehe). but i'm not that sure if you'll like the story... :scratch:

*Kurosagi
-i'm not yet done watching this,but after every episode,makes me wanna watch the next one.... a very good looking swindler! :D

*Fist kiss
-if you like inoue mao from hyd,you'll like this jdrama... a love story between a patient and a doctor...kinda forbidden but,they could get through it... hehe

*Ai no uta
-hmmm.. more of an inspiring drama about life... hehe... i've learned a lot from here... :lol

*Bambino
-for matsujun fans for sure,shows the hardship of working in restaurant...

*Liar Game
-another swindling story... well,like the way the swindler thinks and how the story flows... hehe... with matsuda shota and erika...(forgot her last name)

*Binbo Danshi
-for shun's fans,i guess.. but i liked the story... about the poor guy but keeps on helping other people around him even in debt.. LOL :lol

*Chibi Maruko chan
-a family story...starring maruko chan... such a cute girl and love the stories too.... hehe...

*Daisuki
-a story of an ill mother that still wants to take care of her own baby....

well,i think i would like to recommend more...but,this is enoguh for now... hehe...

exe

Post by exe » Jun 17th, '08, 14:18

NODAME CANTABILE, yeeees! :cheers:

there you'll find not only Ruka but also Eri and Takeru! ^_^ and yes, all of them totally different from what they are in Last Friends! :goggle:

I love Hana Kimi too, but if you like to cry (and with Last Friends one cries a lot!!!) then Hana Yori Dango is perfect :cry:

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » Jun 17th, '08, 14:27

Last Friends is the best Jdrama! If u want other good doramas then watch Nodame Cantabile, Hana Yori Dango, Nobuta Wa Produce, and Kurosagi.
Those are my favorite xD. You should give them all a go!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 18th, '08, 09:10

I'm not into heavy/emotional stuff! So my list will be more on the generic side!

1) Gokusen 1
- Knew the Anime and gave the Show a try! Was funny! Loved that they stuck close to the Anime in Gokusen 1.Yankumi is charming an lovable! And so are her "Henchmen" and Pupils!
Can I say: "Fight-o! Oooh! ;)

2) My Boss, My Hero!
- Funny ****! Yakuza in High school! The lead did a good job! Was entertaining to the last! It made me think about my High school time too! Like Makio says "Parabola rocks!". And so does the Pudding!

3) Majo no Jouken
- Although it doesn't fit in the funny category like the above! This was my very first J-Drama that I watched and I liked it a great deal!
Considering the direction and the tone (and not to mention the topic) of the show, it was rather well done and believable!
I found myself liking the leads! Being my first J-Drama, it deserves a special place!

4) Densha Otoko
- A solid show! Liked the movie better! The whinny-ness of Densha was sometimes so annoying it was hard to breathe. In some places excessively overacted, even for comedy standards.
But this show was funny and the better parts outnumbered the bad ones! (like the annoying cartoon-ish music)
The supporting "Surfers" or board-members, if you will, were actually the best part of the show! They were funny as hell and lovable!

5) Orange Days
- I was so hooked on the first 5 episodes. The topic, the overall tone, the chars and the acting were really cool! Intensive actually. But It became too lame-ish towards the end! Still a worth time-killer.

6) Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
- Like it! Was funny enough, and lead Tachi Hiroshi, was really enjoyable as young Girl! Watching him act like a young girl was more than half the fun!

Well, thats for now!
Last edited by Myxale on Jun 18th, '08, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 18th, '08, 18:25

hikki2me wrote:latest drama that i like
- Bara no hanaya = love it !!! type of drama that i been waiting for a long time... so sweet... give it a try...
when i read your message up there, i decided to give it a try... and I LOVED IT!! i love the overflowing emotions they gave me throughout this beautiful drama.. :heart: :heart:
thanks for your suggestion.. :lol

kamiru2374yakusoku

Post by kamiru2374yakusoku » Jun 19th, '08, 00:01

Hey everyone!! i need ur help.... i sooo need a drama to watch right now.. it was my last day of school today and i have 2 months to kill.... here are jdramas that i saw already these past years.... u can kind of see what kind or genre i like... i really prefer it if theres romance to it.. but its very funny or very dramatic... thats fine with me too.

1 pound no fukuin
14 sai no haha***
Anego
Attention Please
Beautiful Life
Boku dake no Madonna***
Byakuyako
Dragon Zakura
Engine
First Kiss***
Galileo***
Ganbatte Ikimasshoi
Gokusen
Gokusen 2
Good Luck!!
Great Teacher Onizuka
H2
Hachimitsu to Clover
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Yori Dango 2
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Hero
Hotaru no Hikari
Ichi Rittoru no Namida
Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
Kurosagi
Long Love LEtter
Long Vacation
Love Generation
Lunch no Joou
Majo no Jouken
My Boss, My Hero
Nobuta wo Produce
Nodame Cantabile
Orange days
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Pride
Proposal Daisakusen
Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu
Sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi
Sore wa, totsuzen, arashi no you ni
Stand up!!
Suppli
Taiyou no uta
Tatta Hitotsu no koi
Water Boys***
Yuuki

Those with these *** = i didnt finish

i might have forgotten some

I'm watching last friends, gokusen 3 and absolute boyfriend right now. but those only come up once a week... i need something that i can watch while still waiting for new eps.

hope u guys can help me.

thank you very much in advance. :P :D

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 19th, '08, 06:49

sarah117 wrote:
hikki2me wrote:latest drama that i like
when i read your message up there, i decided to give it a try... and I LOVED IT!! i love the overflowing emotions they gave me throughout this beautiful drama.. :heart: :heart:
thanks for your suggestion.. :lol
Agreed!

Currently watching Bara no nai hanaya too; it is so sweet! Charming leads and some decent acting!
Sappy, but not overly so. Just the right amount! :mrgreen:

Warmonkga

Post by Warmonkga » Jun 20th, '08, 14:39

Hi, I would like some suggestions for funny sexy harem drama with a male lead similar to Shimokita Glory Days. This genre is right up my alley :D

Warmongka

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 20th, '08, 14:48

Yes...for Winter 08 its definately Bara no nai Hanaya!!!!

Takeuchi Yuko is my fav actress and Katori Shingo and his daughter in the drama are great too...it the first drama I've seen with these two.

For Spring 08 its Last Friends ...then CHANGE which is also good but only half way through the series so it could get better or go downhill.

As for my all time favs...

1. Pride - great actor and actress, solid chemistry between the two. High drenaline sport & action!!

2. Nodame Cantabile - simple the best of its kind...in fact the only of its kind. Its unique and its the best!

3. Karei Naru Ichizoku
(KimuTaku) - the outstanding ratings of the show should alone be able to explain how great it is. Its a drama...very clever and, well, dramatic!! Super!!

4. Tokyo Tower - I just love the whole drama..it's not the best from any one angle...but put together, the story is very very touching and close to heart!

5. Fukigen na Jiin - don't ask me why I love a drama about bugs?? I hate/scared stiff of bugs but the fact that I love this drama means it was GREAT!

The rest..no order but still good enough to mention and recommend:
Gokusen 1 - was original and MatsuJun was the best bad boy of them all in all the series!!
Last Christmas - simple fun and cute to watch...towards the end it was a bit melodramatic but all ends well!!
Galileo - narrowing missed my top 5...its a very clever and super cool drama!! Highly recommended!
Lunch Queen - not the best drama but funny and cute..and the foods look yummy :p
Hotaru no Hikari - I am her...so I loved watching it!!
Top Caster - guess me a similar feeling to Last Christmas.

mittens

Post by mittens » Jun 21st, '08, 16:02

Currently Addicted to LAST FRIENDS.. such a great story.. I'm into mushy-romance-comedy type but this show got me hooked up big time! definitely a must watch! And oh.. I'll be adding Ueno Juri to my top fave artist now. You should watch this people....

My all time faves: Hana yori dango 1 and 2, nobuta wo produce, Hanazakari.., Nodame cantabile, proposal D. and hotaru no hikari...

porcupine

Post by porcupine » Jun 22nd, '08, 00:53

For "The Mac Attack":
For anyone new to JDrama, there is no better starter series than "Strawberry on the Shortcake." It hooks you from the very beginning, has a great cast and an engaging story that is just quirky enough that you don't know where it is going. Highly recommended.

D-Addicts torrent: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Jun 22nd, '08, 06:23

List of J_Drama :
-->there were too many JDramas...I FEEL GOOD coz i can watch them all (i had free time now!!! Yahoo!!!) :cheers: :cheers:
-->i juz listed up what i've watched and my opinion maybe not same as u all think, it's up to u all...

Romance
Anego ( my intention to watch it bcoz of Akanishi Jin)
Bara No Nai Hanaya --> not bad!! eventhough the 1st episode until 6th was boring...but you will surely cry!!!..huaaaa...i kept crying.. i dunno why..try to watch it :thumright:
First Kiss --> the 1st episode was interesting, but the story were drop out, i mean it became boring...and also the storyline was not very good..
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2(Returns)-->(Really love this drama [both season] bcoz all of the character was very GOOD especially Hanazawa Rui but Domyoji was annoying!!) :thumright: :heart::heart::heart:
Honey & Clover (Ikuta Toma cute!!! but the story made me bored)... i think ANIME VERSION was better
Ice world (Koori no Sekai)-->(i like Nanako Matsushima)
Long Vacation (not really remember the story coz i've watched it long time ago, hopefully can watch it again)
Love Generation
Love Revolution
Over Time
Proposal Daisakusen + SP (Yamapi COOL!!! :heart::heart::heart: ) -->u should try to watch it coz it was great when u reached the final episode + SP :thumright: :thumright:
With Love (my 1st Jdrama..i fell in love with Yutaka)

Comedy
Attention Please (not bad...OK)
At Home Dad
Himitsu no Hanazono
Hotaru no Hikari (Romantic Comedy)--> it's funny!! :thumright:
Nodame Cantabile + SP (Romantic Comedy) --> i love it!!! Best!!! FUNNY!!! i like d final part (episode 11) when chiaki :heart::heart::heart: went to nodame hometown n suddenly chiaki hugged nodame from back at d riverside..ahhh..romantic!!..eheheh and the SPECIAL was Great!!..i love it too!!! :thumright: :thumright:
One Pound Gospel-->not bad!! Funny!!! Kousaku + Sister Angela CUTE!!! :thumright:
Shomuni 1 & 2 (Funny) :thumright:

Family Drama
Mukodono 2003 (Family Comedy)
Hotman--> like the character (Takashi Sorimachi)
Teppan Girl-->Boring (i think Horikita Maki should improved her acting)

Action/ Mystery
Akihabara@Deep (my intention to watch it bcoz of Ikuta Toma, but i am dissapointed!! BOring!!! i failed to watch until the end {only 3rd episode})
Galileo (Detective)--> qualified as BEST DRAMA !!! :thumright: :heart:
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikembo 1, 2 & 3 (i like all series) :thumright:
Kurosagi
Security Police (SP)--> Boring but only certain part interesting
Tantei Gakuen Q --> not bad for those who like mystery/detective drama..i like it too!!...kawaiiee... :thumright:
Yukan Club (Action Comedy)-->all of the character was GOOD :thumright:

School Drama
My Boss My Hero (school Comedy)-->My Favourite Drama Ever...Really Funny!!! :thumright: :heart::heart::heart:
Hanazakari no Kimitachie (School Comedy)-->My Favourite Drama Ever :thumright: :heart::heart::heart:
Gokusen 1 (School Comedy)-->My Favourite Drama Ever :thumright:
Gokusen 2-->(Akanishi Jin :heart: :: CUTE!!!) :thumright:
Nobuta wo Produce (Yamapi acting was Cool, sorry to say but others was not very good)
GTO

Medical Drama
Iryu 1 & Iryu 2 (Good to watch!!!) :thumright: -->i like Dr.Asada Ryutaro & Ijyuin cute

Currently/ Going to watch
Stand Up, Dragon Zakura, Anna-san no Omame, Shiawase Ni Naritai, Hanayome wa Yakudoshi, Water Boys, Bambino & Ruri no Shima

Looking forward to watch
Binbo Danshi, Gokusen 3, Rookies, Zettai Kareshi & Last Friends [i like to watch them after complete sub...Thanks to all subbing team (^_^), i'm waiting patiently]

P/S : Hopefully...it helps (^_^)

HorusEyes

Post by HorusEyes » Jun 24th, '08, 03:31

Can some one recommend me new J Dramas? i'm int comedy and the ones i like the most are: GTO, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Stand up, Tiger and Dragon and Nodame.

can some one help me finding some new titles for me to watch? ; ) thank you in advance.

Sukairain

Post by Sukairain » Jun 24th, '08, 04:00

Can anyone recommend me a drama similar to Anego, Kimi wa Petto, Haken no Hinkaku, or Hotelier?

Thanks in advance.

Kobayakawa

Post by Kobayakawa » Jun 24th, '08, 04:39

I do suggest to you the best of the best Drama ever seen

1. Moero Attack
2. Beautyful Life
3. Imagine
4. GTO
5. Gokusen all session

All people arround of world still looking for Moero Attack ( Volley ball team) if have we greatful thank

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 24th, '08, 14:02

Sukairain wrote:Can anyone recommend me a drama similar to Anego, Kimi wa Petto, Haken no Hinkaku, or Hotelier?

Thanks in advance.
I've seen only kimi wa petto but I have a slight idea what the other doramas are about... I think you could try

-Attention Please
-Sorewa totsuzen arashi no you ni
-Hotaru no Hikari
-Love Revolution
-Sappuri (=Supply)
-Seikei Bijin
-Shiawase ni Nairitai
-Slow Dance

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And to continue what everyone else was doing, here a list of my favourite Dramas, that I marked [10/10] in alphabetical order:

JDorama:

-1 Litre of Tears (Human Drama): Great Story, Great Acting, extremely touching and sad but it gives you hope at the same time

-Akihabara@Deep (Comedy): Crazy. Great charas, really weird stories, nice humor though Ikuta Toma's acting wasn't that great back than.

-Bara No Nai Hanaya (Romance, Human Drama): I loved the main character. Katori Shingo made me love this Dorama. Some people may find it too slow.

-Daisuki (Family): A very serious topic dealt with very light-hearted but realistic at the same time

-Dance Drill (Sports, Romance): This is, because I love dancing and I love Massu. If you don't, you wouldn't like it as much as I do, I guess.

-GTO (Comedy, Education): Funny, a classic, And of course: Sorimachi Takashi! ^^

-Nodame Cantabile (Comedy, Romance, Music): The Dorama I love most! It's really funny and romantic without being too kitchy or emotional. Wounderful charas, wounderful music and wounderful actors (Ueno Juri~)

-Kurosagi (Crime): Although people tend to see it as "teenager-dorama"(starring Yamapi) I think the charas are really interesting and the story is thrilling. And I do think that Yamapi and this old guy (forgot his name) were acting very well.

-LIFE (High School): Not really realistic but very thrilling and a bunch of crazy characters make this dorama worth watching (but the episodes are very short!)

-Love Generation (Romance): This is THE Romance Dorama for me, Kimura Takuya makes it perfect. ^^

-My Boss My Hero (Comedy): Putting really hot actors aside, there's still a hilarious story that makes you laugh =')

-Nobuta wo Produce (Friendship, High School): Yamapi, Kame and Maki are a great combination, plus it's very funny and.. aww <3

-Orange Days (Romance): The fact that the actors were talking in sign language impressed me and it a sweet story

-Osen (Food): Still airing. Uchi Hiroki is lovable, and Aoi Yui is great!very slow pace, but it makes you happy watching it.

-Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (Romance): Kame and Ayase Haruka make a great couple, I think. This Dorama made my cry and happy and sad and everything, I'd really recommend it! ^^

Korean Dorama (I've only seen very few):

-Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang (Romance, Comedy, Drama): It starts funny and light-hearted but becomes more serious to the end. Honestly I thought it was a bit too long but because the beginning was so great I'd like anyone to watch it.

-The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (Romance, Comedy): Because I loved all characters, because it's relaxing to watch a Dorama in which small matters aren't pushed too much, and a nice story too!

Taiwanese Dorama:

-The Devil Beside You (Romance): The first Dorama I've ever watched and it convinced me immediately. A sweet romance.(And who wouldn't love Mike He?)

-Fated to Love You (Romance): The Story is very simple but I love it anyway and I somehow fell in love with the main actress. Also, the rival in this Dorama is too lovable <3 XD

-Why Why Love (Romance): Another Rainie Yang and Mike He pairing... 20 episodes is way too long but i couldn't stop and loved every single episode!

HorusEyes

Post by HorusEyes » Jun 24th, '08, 20:02

Kobayakawa wrote:I do suggest to you the best of the best Drama ever seen

1. Moero Attack
2. Beautyful Life
3. Imagine
4. GTO
5. Gokusen all session

All people arround of world still looking for Moero Attack ( Volley ball team) if have we greatful thank
I already saw all seasons of gokusen.. it's nice but it's not as good as GTO. Moero Attack is Attack nº1?? I search for info in Jdorama.com and i didn't find anything. And comedys besides GTO and Gokusen can anyone recommend something?? Thank you.

PureLife007

Post by PureLife007 » Jun 24th, '08, 20:11

I'm sort of new to the Jdrama spotlight so I'm totally unfamiliar in this situation..

however, I recently just watched Abarenbo mama which I really loved a lot because it really displayed the true value of spending time with your family and cherishing those who are important in your life..

Also I'm just about to finish zettai kareshi which is a very inspiring and very touching series..

Although I would've liked to see this series continue on further, again this drama really inspired me to really cherish those who are important to you, and that love is all about timing.. Never let go of things that mean the most to you.

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Jun 24th, '08, 21:19

Does anyone know any dramas similar to 1 Litre of Tears? One that touches your heart SO deeply.

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Jun 25th, '08, 02:01

similar to 1 litre?
theres one its korean: "flowers for my life" -very good at times, but a few boring episodes do exist, most of all great writing and solid acting, great cast too

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Jun 25th, '08, 03:36

Hana Kimi...
simply love Horikita Maki :wub:

hikki2me

Post by hikki2me » Jun 25th, '08, 04:27

i just finished watching 2 dramas.... i really enjoyed these drama.... so i would like to recommand this drama...

haken no hinkaku - i laughed when watching this drama... its enjoyable... thanks to Koizumi Kotaro... its make me stayed to watch this drama... as time goes on i started to love this drama... cant stop watching... and i like all the character in this drama..

seito shokun - i also enjoyed watching this drama... i finished watched this in 2 sitting...lol... Uchiyama Rina's character in this drama is very bright... :lol

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jun 25th, '08, 04:58

Hi everyone. Long time listener, first time caller :P

I'd second the votes for Orange Days and Beautiful Life. I usually don't get emotional over shows, but Beautiful Life got me. I even read the reviews with spoilers so I thought I was prepared...nope, still got me. The female leads in both of these had similar qualities: a little feisty at first (read: b*tch), but incredibly charming once the male lead got through the shell.

If you like Takuya Kimura, don't miss Pride, Engine, or Hero - all three are great. Good Luck! and Long Vacation were pretty good, and A Million Stars was just average.

Recent series worth checking out: Bara no nai Hanaya (romance), Around 40 (family/romance), Last Friends (uh..drama - hard to categorize), and Zettai Kareshi (romance/comedy).

Some others I liked and would recommend (most of which have been mentioned before): Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Koi ni Ochitara, Yamato Nandeshiko, and Last Christmas, Itoshi Kimi e

I'm trying to find a slice of life romance similar in feel to Orange Days - something heartfelt with a little bit of humor, not overly sad or dramatic. I was hoping Honey and Clover would do it because the anime is my favorite of all time, but the dorama fell way short of expectations (and the movie was just terrible). I felt like Itoshi Kimi e has a similar mood, but anyone have any other suggestions. I'd prefer something within the last 5 or 6 years (I like the video quality of the newer stuff).

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 25th, '08, 12:48

xohhbiteme wrote:Does anyone know any dramas similar to 1 Litre of Tears? One that touches your heart SO deeply.
I heard Beautiful Life was really good. Maybe Also "Kamisama mou sukoshi dake" or Summer Snow

@mii-t:
I'm not sure if those are fitting your expectations or if you've already seen them, but I'd suggest
-Kimi wa Petto
-Daisuki!!
-Slow Dance (Same main actor as in orange days)
-Yasashii Jikan (this is a very calm and rather slow dorama that i liked nevertheless)
-Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (although i think everyone has seen that one XD)
- as well as Nobuta wo Produce

Maybe also "Love Revolution" (it's a bit older but I think I found it in pretty good quality back then)
HorusEyes wrote:Can some one recommend me new J Dramas? i'm int comedy and the ones i like the most are: GTO, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, Stand up, Tiger and Dragon and Nodame.

can some one help me finding some new titles for me to watch? ; ) thank you in advance.
My Boss My Hero!!!
Akihabara@Deep
1 Pound Gospel
Hitoni Yasashiku / Be nice to people / 3 peace
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e / Hana Kimi (be sure to watch the japanese version... if you haven't seen it already anyway)
Yukan Club
Nobuta wo Produce

Maybe also: Mirai koshi meguru

.thingS.

Post by .thingS. » Jun 26th, '08, 16:03

Can anyone recommend a good romantic comedy?

The ones I watched and loved: HYD1&2, Nodame Cantabile, Hotaru no Hikari, Proposal Daisakusen, Liar Game, Nobuta Wo Produce etc. and watching Zettai Kareshi <33 now~
I don't really like sad/serious dramas like 1 Litre of Tears *_*
and didn't really like high school dramas either.

I hope somebody can recommend me something ^^

tourette

Post by tourette » Jun 26th, '08, 16:11

you could like "kekkon dekinai otoko" with Hiroshi Abe
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kekkon_Dekinai_Otoko
i really like that one and found it better than a lot you mentioned.
you probably already heard a lot about "long vacation" with kimura takuya. not really comedy though but romance.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Long_Vacation
it is a bit old now (12 years ago) but quite okay. it made me feel old when i saw the look of the actors and fashion at that time. like for the first time, i've acceped the fact that the nineties are far away.

sachi2210

Post by sachi2210 » Jun 26th, '08, 18:33

Gift- I loved the main guy so much! This drama had an interesting mini-story in each episode, and you can't wait to find out who the main guy is! Also, I liked how they gave every character a clear character. One of my favorites! <3

Galileo This drama was so cool! I liked how each case seemed like it was impossible, but then he would figure it out in the end and it'd all make sense (I'll never forget how to make words float in a fishbowl! lol) The romantic tension was great too!

Kurosagi This one is my all-time favorite. lol. It seriously made my life complete

Remote I enjoyed this drama alot. It was funny yet the entire time your trying to find out the story behind his living in... the basement. Great ending too!

My Boss my Hero The funniest thing I've ever watched!!! Seriously hilarious

Liar game was quite intriguing, Hana yori dango was good, and water boys was funny (plus the final performance was fun to watch)

Well, there are my favorites!!!

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jun 28th, '08, 09:14

mii-t - have you seen Proposal Daisakusen? I think it's as good as Orange Days.
xohbitemex - try Sekai no Chuushin.. it's really sad. As depressing as 1 Litre of Tears? Probably.
HorusEyes - a good comedy.. Nobuta wo Produce, Nodame Cantabile

Rawwky

Post by Rawwky » Jun 28th, '08, 13:57

After Watching My boss my Hero, I really want to watch another comedy! any suggestions for a new guy?

And I am also interested in watching a feel good drama, Something like after watching a show and it gave you that good feeling vibe, any suggesstions?

Thanks in advance :w00t:

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jun 28th, '08, 17:32

BOGCHI wrote:mii-t - have you seen Proposal Daisakusen? I think it's as good as Orange Days.
xohbitemex - try Sekai no Chuushin.. it's really sad. As depressing as 1 Litre of Tears? Probably.

My brother keeps trying to get me to watch Proposal Daisakusen. I watched the first two episodes, but it just didn't catch for me. I think it's because I'm not a Yamapi fan. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

HorusEyes

Post by HorusEyes » Jun 28th, '08, 18:16

BOGCHI wrote:mii-t - have you seen Proposal Daisakusen? I think it's as good as Orange Days.
Thanks for replying. Hum already saw Nobuta and Nodame.. I realy liked those two, especialy Nodame(i wached the anime too) good comedy, very anime style. ^.^ ;

I guess i'm out of options... Is there any comedys from this year? I didn't watch anything from this year.. : (

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Jun 28th, '08, 23:37

Yolchen wrote:
xohhbiteme wrote:Does anyone know any dramas similar to 1 Litre of Tears? One that touches your heart SO deeply.
I heard Beautiful Life was really good. Maybe Also "Kamisama mou sukoshi dake" or Summer Snow
darkliquids2 wrote:similar to 1 litre?
theres one its korean: "flowers for my life" -very good at times, but a few boring episodes do exist, most of all great writing and solid acting, great cast too
BOGCHI wrote: xohbitemex - try Sekai no Chuushin.. it's really sad. As depressing as 1 Litre of Tears? Probably.
Oh oh thank you EVERYONE for all the suggestions! :D Greatly appreciated :)

ladymashiro

Post by ladymashiro » Jul 1st, '08, 00:17

jdramas of my life

-KUROSAGI
daite daite daite señorita... aaah! yamapi!
-PROPOSAL DAISAKUSEN
just love this drama!
-STAND UP
yamapi+shun+nino+hiroki, well...
-1 LITRE OF TEARS
don't really like ryo but i love this drama
-1 POUND GOSPEL
kame!
-STRAWBERRY ON THE SHORTCAKE
takki!!!!!
-SUMMER SNOW
it's summer snow in the deep blue sea...
-DENSHA OTOKO
just like it
-MAJO NO JOUKEN
like it except for the ending
-KIMI WA PETTO
MOMO!!! just love Matsujun
-KINDAICHI SHON1EN NO JIKENBO 3
fave ko dito yun "UNDYING BUTTERFLIES"

i'll just update my list next time... madami pa ko nalimutan eh!!!

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 1st, '08, 05:30

is there a recent show (2003 or later) that's like hazakari no kimi tachi e? (highschool and romance) is the new gokusen worth watching?

arigato!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jul 1st, '08, 06:10

I didn't like Gokusen 2 & 3.
They recycled everything from Gokusen 1 which rocked.
Everything was the same!
The new class had a fake Shin- a fake Kuma and fake others!
Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself. :scratch:

--

I finished Kekkon dekinai Otoko- with Abe-san, and it was one of the best so far!
A decent drama with great acting! It was subtle and charming.
It didn't try to force tears or comedy onto you!
The leads did a great job especially Abe-san, who was a charming weirdo & eccentric. Being funny and awkward without being absurd.
Yui-san played the down to earth Doc who was the counterpart to Abe-san's eccentric!
Such a lovely woman! The acting was good and it picked even up towards the end!

I really suggest this one!
Cheers!

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jul 2nd, '08, 19:15

HANA YORI DANGO I & II (ur not a true jdrama fan if u havent seen this drama)
absolute boy friend (zettai kareshi) wacth this even if it is to see mizushi ma Hiro-kun
gokusen 1 and 2
one pound gospel (its really funny) kame was so funny in this
nodame cantabile ( was so funny)
stand up (was a real good one it has um depth to it)
hana kimi (oguri shun swooon)
Kimi wa pet ( matsumoto jun was brilliant as usual)
bambino
kurosagi was brilliant (BANG lol yampi kawaii ne)
and many more but these are the ones i could think of

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

milhaus007

Post by milhaus007 » Jul 3rd, '08, 07:32

Hana Yori Dango 1 and 2
1 litre of tears
Taiyou no Uta
GTO
Gokusen 1 ONLY. Don't bother watching 2 or 3
Bara No Nai Hanaya
Galileo

Dies Irae

Post by Dies Irae » Jul 4th, '08, 23:07

Can I get some recommendations?

So far I have only watched H2 and Kisarazu Cat's Eye and enjoyed both a lot!

I really like Ishihara Satomi!! She is so cute and a good actress! ^^
I also like watching Yamada Takayuki, Okada Junichi, and Sakurai Sho.

I like dramas with humor, the really sad ones can make me depressed... Thanks!!

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 4th, '08, 23:38

I've been away for a while... could anyone tell me what the best shows were airing between last winter (jan. 08) and now? (I suppose that means "promising new shows" since we're so early into the summer).

I'm mostly into comedy, romance and mystery shows, though I'll take anything that's GOOD so long as it doesn't have a sad ending.

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 5th, '08, 01:59

hanazakari no kimi tachi e is really good. it's got comedy with a hint of romance all surrounded around an all-boys boarding school. oguri shun, ikuta toma, and mizushima hiro make even more pleasant to watch. as always, horikita maki...kawaii!