The Identification Thread for Celebrities

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Condor Hero

Post by Condor Hero » Jun 24th, '08, 04:17

Hi, Can someone tell me the English names of the second and third series after Shanghai Bund with Chow Yun Fat? thanks

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 24th, '08, 15:32

^
According to the wiki (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Chow_Yun_Fat), it's
# The Legend of Master So (TVB, 1982)
# The Shell Game II (TVB, 1981)

phu

Post by phu » Jun 29th, '08, 14:27

I think this is Taiwanese. I only saw bits of it and stopped watching because there was no sub, but from what my friend told me...

Two sisters are in love with the same guy. This guy likes only one of them, and he is going to tell the other sister (who's a dancer) to back off, but then she gets hit by a car and becomes crippled. In the end, he gives up the girl she likes and marries the crippled girl.

Elien

Post by Elien » Jun 29th, '08, 16:02

Hi, I´m looking for a recent (2-3 years) taiwanese drama. it´s about a girl (myabe Raine Yang or somebody similar to her) who wants to get revenge on a fashion stylist who stoled her mothers ideas along with a doll. she enters a fashion college and meets some guy who is a son of the bad guy (or something along these lines). I´m not sure but I think she had a female friend and they were in japan (or did she imagine that?) and she thought how beautiful and stylish all the girls are..

Thanks for help :salut:

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jun 29th, '08, 21:29

Elien wrote:Hi, I´m looking for a recent (2-3 years) taiwanese drama. it´s about a girl (myabe Raine Yang or somebody similar to her) who wants to get revenge on a fashion stylist who stoled her mothers ideas along with a doll. she enters a fashion college and meets some guy who is a son of the bad guy (or something along these lines). I´m not sure but I think she had a female friend and they were in japan (or did she imagine that?) and she thought how beautiful and stylish all the girls are..

That's Tokyo Juliet, with Ariel Lin. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tokyo_Juliet

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jun 29th, '08, 21:31

Elien wrote:Hi, I´m looking for a recent (2-3 years) taiwanese drama. it´s about a girl (myabe Raine Yang or somebody similar to her) who wants to get revenge on a fashion stylist who stoled her mothers ideas along with a doll. she enters a fashion college and meets some guy who is a son of the bad guy (or something along these lines). I´m not sure but I think she had a female friend and they were in japan (or did she imagine that?) and she thought how beautiful and stylish all the girls are..

That's Tokyo Juliet, with Ariel Lin. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tokyo_Juliet

NO0O0RA

Post by NO0O0RA » Jun 29th, '08, 21:38

habukie...nice topic if i forget some name of drama i will told you...thanks

Elien

Post by Elien » Jun 29th, '08, 22:59

marspeach: thank you very much! I was wondering why I wanted to watch this drama and now I know that it was because of Wu Chun XD

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Jul 4th, '08, 05:12

phu wrote:I think this is Taiwanese. I only saw bits of it and stopped watching because there was no sub, but from what my friend told me...

Two sisters are in love with the same guy. This guy likes only one of them, and he is going to tell the other sister (who's a dancer) to back off, but then she gets hit by a car and becomes crippled. In the end, he gives up the girl she likes and marries the crippled girl.
The story sounds like Yi Lian You Meng (Dream Behind the Curtain) by Qiong Yao. There are two TV adaptations:

Dreams Link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dreams_Link (China, 2007)
Dream Behind the Curtain: http://www.spcnet.tv/Taiwanese-TV-Serie ... -r555.html (Taiwan, 1996)

Oome

Post by Oome » Jul 5th, '08, 00:35

edit:: Nevermind, i think I found it....XDDDD -excited-
Last edited by Oome on Jul 5th, '08, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

Riea

Post by Riea » Jul 5th, '08, 01:06

cherio wrote:there's this one chinese movie..
i really dont remember how it goes but
there's this one guy and he somehow dies.
when he goes to heaven he gets another chance to come back to life.
when he is back into life the only thing that can keep him alive is drinking
7 up. something like that??

so i want to know the name of it..
This is probably WAY late since I don't often read the forums at all..

Pretty sure this is Fly Me to Polaris.. though the guy had an "interesting" way of drinking 7 up, but it wasn't to stay alive.

intsevious

Post by intsevious » Jul 5th, '08, 07:48

Hi first time posting here. There is a drama stuck in my head that I can't think of.

First, when I was a kid, there was this chinese drama that my parents let me watched. It was a simple concept where a guy meets a girl and i believe he falls for her. Then something happend and he was sent to jail for like 5 or so eps. In jail, he meets a guy who I believe is either his cellmate or the person in the cell next to his. They become good friends and eventually, when the main char got out of jail, he seeked the girl he met. The friend he makes also stay by his side.

There are some descriptions I remember somewhat clearly. The main character in the beginning of the series, wore glasses, then I believe during his time in jail/post jail he doesn't wear glasses anymore.

Then there was this scene where it was his first day in jail and he doesn't eat. He stares at his rice with a big spoon in it and then eventually his cellmate/friend person convinces him to eat. He then begins to shove big spoonfuls of rice into his mouth.

That's really all that I remember. I can't remember the name nor can I remember any characters. It's pretty old though.

AsianPlayer

Post by AsianPlayer » Jul 8th, '08, 15:55

This is a longshot, but gonna try it anyways. I don't remember the title or any of the actors. But I remember my cousin telling me that they made this series twice. Some of things I remember from it was:

One of the characters was a lady and she had ferrets with her to protect her.

The main character was a guy who had no Kung Fu skills, but somehow found a lady that was frozen. He kept kowtowing to her and eventually she broke out of the ice and taught him really powerful Kung Fu skills. I think he was able to absorb people's internal energy because he did it to one lady and she lost all her kung fu skills. She also had control of some kind of dragon and had some rival with a similar animal to fight the dragon. As you can tell it was in an ancient setting and it didn't involve anything about a dynasty or Emperor. The series I watched came out in the early 90s.

Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by AsianPlayer on Jul 16th, '08, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Javakas

Hello

Post by Javakas » Jul 12th, '08, 00:07

Can anyone help me =3. I don't know the actress or etc but I know the name of this drama in vietnamese. Its called CHUYệN NàNG TINH Vệ LấP BIểN. Can anyone give me the name of the drama in chinese =O or what its called in chinese and english. Thanks in advance

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 16th, '08, 03:02

AsianPlayer wrote:This is a longshot, but gonna try it anyways. I don't remember the title or any of the actors. But I remember my cousin telling me that they made this series twice. Some of things I remember from it was:

The main character was a guy who had no Kung Fu skills, but somehow found a lady that was frozen. He kept kowtowing to her and eventually she broke out of the ice and taught him really powerful Kung Fu skills. She also had control of some kind of dragon and had some rival with a similar animal to fight the dragon. As you can tell it was in an ancient setting and it didn't involve anything about a dynasty or Emperor. The series I watched came out in the early 90s.

They actually made it more than twice.

I think you're talking about Jin Yong's Tian Long Ba Bu, or Semi-Gods and Demi-demons. But the breaking out of the ice? The book has it that she was a statue, the pillow that he kowtowed on broke, and that's where the scrolls of Kung Fu were.

idarklight

Re: please hlep me with this drama

Post by idarklight » Jul 16th, '08, 03:06

rowland wrote:okay i watched this drama when i was a little kid so im not sure i remember that well. i do not know any actors or even the title of it. But what i do remember is this...
- there were three guys
- they found each other and eventually formed a team
- one guy could shoot dragons out of him palm?
-another guy could shoot i think beams form each fingertip
- and the last guy i think shoot some sort of chinese symbols?

whatever the case is.. what i remember is that it was this crazy chinese fighting drama, one guy was found in a cave i think. uhm i remember maybe the end of the drama they fight together against something... but it was a huge army. one guy shot his dragons the other dude used him beams and another guy shot his chinese symbols.. k i know this description is probably REAL unclear. but im sure whoever has seen this drama would definately remember.
I think you're also talking about Jin Yong's Tian Long Ba Bu, or Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils. There were several versions of it.

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 16th, '08, 03:08

Sousday wrote:I'm looking for the title of a wuxia drama... i can't remember much, just that the main guy is really strong and he has like 3 or 4 girls in love with him.
The female lead is a princess if i'm not wrong and she is not Chinese because she doesn't dress the same way as the other girls. She's is not really good at fighting and but she's good at using poison. (and i don't know why but when i'm thinking about her, the only thing i can see is a spider >.<)
The second girl was at first a good character, then she turned evil when she becomes the lead of her clan. She wears pretty purple clothes most of the time and she has really long nails.
I can only remember that there were a fight scene between the main guy and the second girl near the end (or maybe at the end...)

I know i don't have a lot of information but that's all i can remember.
Also, i think the year of production is between 1997 and 2003, not sure though

Hope that someone can help me,
Thanks ^_^
Are you sure it's not another version of Heavenly Sabers(there were 3, I think)? It sounds just like it -4 girls in love with him; one of them practices with spiders, the other one turned evil and fought; main character's Mongolian;

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 16th, '08, 03:18

Puppet Princess wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:I'm trying to find this really old drama that I watched in China as a kid like 13 years ago. I only remember that there was a couple that loved each other but the man was human and she was a goddess or something. In the end, they couldn't be together so they became a mountain.
That sounds like the Seven Fairies legend.
I only know of three versions of this story though. I thought the first two are only a few years old though and the third is brand new.

Older ones:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Huan_Tian_Xi_Di_Qi_Xian_Nu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tian_Wai_Fei_Xian

New one:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tian_Xian_Pei
If that doesn't work, maybe try Bao Lian Deng aka Lotus Lantern (but she was trapped in a mountain, and her son saved her). There's also Madame White Snake ( Two versions: Bai she zhuan or xin bai niang zi qi zhuan). She was a snake fairy and he a human.

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 16th, '08, 03:20

viperx116 wrote:I'm looking for this old drama that's mostly in the 90s. It's a martial arts drama ala Condor Heroes. All I remember is this one scene where the guy was severely injured, then he entered this state where he turned into a cocoon (he was encased in webs). Once he got out of that state, he became powerful or something.
Heavenly Saber and Dragon Sword. There were 3 versions.

AsianPlayer

Post by AsianPlayer » Jul 17th, '08, 01:52

idarklight wrote:
AsianPlayer wrote:This is a longshot, but gonna try it anyways. I don't remember the title or any of the actors. But I remember my cousin telling me that they made this series twice. Some of things I remember from it was:

The main character was a guy who had no Kung Fu skills, but somehow found a lady that was frozen. He kept kowtowing to her and eventually she broke out of the ice and taught him really powerful Kung Fu skills. She also had control of some kind of dragon and had some rival with a similar animal to fight the dragon. As you can tell it was in an ancient setting and it didn't involve anything about a dynasty or Emperor. The series I watched came out in the early 90s.

They actually made it more than twice.

I think you're talking about Jin Yong's Tian Long Ba Bu, or Semi-Gods and Demi-demons. But the breaking out of the ice? The book has it that she was a statue, the pillow that he kowtowed on broke, and that's where the scrolls of Kung Fu were.
I looked at some of the videos with that title, but they are mostly the new ones. If you saw the old one, do you know if this was the theme song?

ltruong86

Post by ltruong86 » Jul 22nd, '08, 08:09

I am looking for a drama that I started to watch last summer but never finished. The plot is: a princess or maybe a girl of an official or wealthy family escapes her home and brings along her servant to go on adventures with her. She has people who are looking for her and she runs into a a guy who houses her for a short time.

tszyan

Post by tszyan » Jul 30th, '08, 03:21

This drama I'm looking for right is currently running on ATV (Asia Television Limited). It's in Cantonese.

It's about this old lady and she has a son that's slighty mentally challenged. He doesn't want o tlak to anyone. And then he finds this kid on the street that's also mentally challenged but he's a nice good mannered kid. His biological mom left him at a ice cream stand and this nice lady decided to keep him in.

Then there's a this girl that's blind. And an old man that always trips the nice mannered metnally challenged kid. Anyone know the name of tihs?

wrek

Post by wrek » Aug 2nd, '08, 02:58

Can someone please tell me what type of genre of tv series 傻小李元霸 belongs to? ie drama / wuxia etc?
Also if it has been released yet. Thanks

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 2nd, '08, 03:08

wrek wrote:Can someone please tell me what type of genre of tv series 傻小李元霸 belongs to? ie drama / wuxia etc?
Also if it has been released yet. Thanks
It's from 2005 so yes it's out and looks like either wuxia or a period drama.

wrek

Post by wrek » Aug 2nd, '08, 03:22

thanks

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Aug 2nd, '08, 12:52

tszyan wrote:This drama I'm looking for right is currently running on ATV (Asia Television Limited). It's in Cantonese.

It's about this old lady and she has a son that's slighty mentally challenged. He doesn't want o tlak to anyone. And then he finds this kid on the street that's also mentally challenged but he's a nice good mannered kid. His biological mom left him at a ice cream stand and this nice lady decided to keep him in.

Then there's a this girl that's blind. And an old man that always trips the nice mannered metnally challenged kid. Anyone know the name of tihs?
Ben Xiao Hai

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Aug 5th, '08, 04:17

okay this is really really old and well....i really really liked the song in this drama .......
Leon Lai was in it.....
he played a doctor
he played the flute (part of the song)
and he usually played it for this girl.....
the house he lived in was really nice and fancy it looked like a condo two floors apt looking...
sorry that's all i remember....nothing else =***(

i have no idea how the song went or if i would like it again but i remembered i would rewind and listen to that part over and over again when i was young.
i bought all his cd's when i was young (about 7th/8th grade) and well i can't read Chinese so i just bought all his cds but none of them ever had that ONE song on it....

if neone can find this song or where i can get it and the name of the drama/tv series i would be much much much many many very very thankful/happy/gratitude ....i mean i know none of that made sense but i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY......

purple*princess

Post by purple*princess » Aug 5th, '08, 11:52

kittiee wrote:okay this is really really old and well....i really really liked the song in this drama .......
Leon Lai was in it.....
he played a doctor
the house he lived in was really nice and fancy it looked like a condo two floors apt looking...

i have no idea how the song went or if i would like it again but i remembered i would rewind and listen to that part over and over again when i was young.
i bought all his cd's when i was young (about 7th/8th grade) and well i can't read Chinese so i just bought all his cds but none of them ever had that ONE song on it....

if neone can find this song or where i can get it and the name of the drama/tv series i would be much much much many many very very thankful/happy/gratitude ....i mean i know none of that made sense but i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY......
The drama you're looking for is "The Legendary Ranger" (原振侠) with Leon, Michelle Reis, Athena Chu and Faye Wong.

The song is "My Other Half" (我的另一半) and was only released as part of a compilation.

kpopfangirl

Post by kpopfangirl » Aug 7th, '08, 12:38

I need help figuring out the name of this drama PLEASE! i know the american name for it was "Food and Eater" but i don't think thats what it's normally called because i couldn't find any info on the net. I watched it on the now defunt ( :cry: ) cable network AZN.
It was about a man and his three adopted daughters, it takes place in Shanghai, and it's supposed to be a spin-off of the movie "eat, drink, man, woman"
i have a picture of it with the chinese title as well but i can't read it. If anyone could translate the title to pinyin that would be really helpful :thumleft: THANKS!

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Loreena\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\GenrePage148x190.jpg[/img]
Attachments
GenrePage148x190.jpg
GenrePage148x190.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 18212 times

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Aug 7th, '08, 18:47

purple*princess wrote:
kittiee wrote:okay this is really really old and well....i really really liked the song in this drama .......
Leon Lai was in it.....
he played a doctor

The drama you're looking for is "The Legendary Ranger" (原振侠) with Leon, Michelle Reis, Athena Chu and Faye Wong.

The song is "My Other Half" (我的另一半) and was only released as part of a compilation.

Thank you so much for your help! xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoox
Thank you!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Aug 8th, '08, 01:16

kpopfangirl wrote:I need help figuring out the name of this drama PLEASE! i know the american name for it was "Food and Eater" but i don't think thats what it's normally called because i couldn't find any info on the net. I watched it on the now defunt ( :cry: ) cable network AZN.
It was about a man and his three adopted daughters, it takes place in Shanghai, and it's supposed to be a spin-off of the movie "eat, drink, man, woman"
i have a picture of it with the chinese title as well but i can't read it. If anyone could translate the title to pinyin that would be really helpful :thumleft: THANKS!

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Loreena\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\GenrePage148x190.jpg[/img]
I's called Yin Shi Nan Nv (Nu) - 饮食男女

kpopfangirl

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, XIE XIE NI!!

Post by kpopfangirl » Aug 10th, '08, 16:39

Lady Zhuge wrote:
kpopfangirl wrote:I need help figuring out the name of this drama PLEASE! i know the american name for it was "Food and Eater" but i don't think thats what it's normally called because i couldn't find any info on the net. I watched it on the now defunt ( :cry: ) cable network AZN.

I's called Yin Shi Nan Nv (Nu) - 饮食男女

:cheers:

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 14th, '08, 20:08

Yah, what happened to Yosuke Kubozuka. One of the first Japanese actors I can't get enough of. First seen him in the movie Ping Pong (his hair was kind of weird though) then SOS (he was the cool popular guy) and Long Love Letter (as the sensei). By the way where can Go the movie be found since many say that's one of his best movies. What happened though, why did he stop acting in jdoramas.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Aug 14th, '08, 20:25

garnet07 wrote:Yah, what happened to Yosuke Kubozuka. One of the first Japanese actors I can't get enough of. First seen him in the movie Ping Pong (his hair was kind of weird though) then SOS (he was the cool popular guy) and Long Love Letter (as the sensei). By the way where can Go the movie be found since many say that's one of his best movies. What happened though, why did he stop acting in jdoramas.
Well after the attempt of suicide he stopped receiving important roles. I think something like that has a huge impact on the Japanese . That's the only reason that can explain the lack of offerts.

The GO movie (which is his greatest indeed !) can be found @bt.avistaz. You need an account though. But that shouldn't be a problem.

Catkin16

Can someone tell me who this guy is?

Post by Catkin16 » Aug 19th, '08, 13:01

Can someone tell me who the guy is in this video?

I feel like I've seen him before in a drama or something, but I can't think what and it's annoying me :-(
The video's about a dancing parrot called Snowball, and a "Japanese celebrity" who goes to see if he really can dance! :P
If anyone can identify him I'd be really happy!

shouri75

Post by shouri75 » Aug 19th, '08, 14:15

Could he be a young Kimura Takuya from SMAP?
I think the speaker calls him Kimutaku.........

omoiyou

Post by omoiyou » Aug 19th, '08, 14:33

LOl sorry but this dude looks nothing like kimura

Catkin16

Post by Catkin16 » Aug 19th, '08, 15:11

The video is only like a year old, so whoever he is he can only be about 20-25 ish. I think Kimura Takuya is too old
Any other ideas?

honeyflavor

helppp ;____;

Post by honeyflavor » Aug 24th, '08, 22:08

I watched this drama in china with my cousins in 2004, it was so good and cute but i forgot to ask for the title T________T
It's always been a drama i've wanted to finish. :(

1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
The main character is called 思tou i'm 95% sure (si tou or ci tou) and her family owns a cafe/bar type shop. Her parents are letting a guy live at their house but Si tou really dispises him. He's a former liu mang 流氓...he used to be involved with bad stuff but he likes si tou and has a good heart(smart&cute too 8D). Si tou wants to get into an art university, but she flunks the test (she used a pencil with ABCDE labeled on each side). The guy wanted to get into the same university as her so he applied to the same school but got in. Uh...I remember si tou was really bummed and she drank a lot so the guy carried her back to their house on his back for like a few kms.

She has another friend...A guy likes her and gave her a couple necklace (with two puzzle pieces) but she didn't like him back...

Ahhh thats all i remember of the plot. :<Basically>__<
9. Any other information that may be helpful.
Si tou has orangey poofy hair...kind of crimped
One of her friends has black hair in a braided bun in the back with two little braids sticking out at the side. example: /(facee)\ it kind of flips away from her face.
the actors and actresses were all good looking LOL

This drama aired when there were commercials about love at the aegean sea airing soon. I'm not sure what network...maybe CTS i'm really not sure. =__=
It is set in shanghai china.

Thats all the info i know....
please please help`~~~~~ i 'll love you so much.
i've been trying to find this drama but NO LUCK. D:

This is probably going to be my deathbed wish...find the name of this drama and finish watching. :<

Pomato Soup

Post by Pomato Soup » Aug 31st, '08, 03:02

There are two series I saw on either i-Channel or AZN TV somewhere between 2002 and 2005 that I haven't been able to find any information for on the internet. I didn't watch all of either and it's bothering me that I can't even find their names. My memory is pretty fuzzy on the details, but I'll try my best.

Series 1-
I think the title had something to do with the name of a monk who was a focus of the story. He may have been cast down from heaven for doing something mischievous, and he may have had something to do with monkeys. He had a gourd that he would always drink from, and he was filthy with messy hair (looked like a homeless person). I think he had something to do with an old Chinese folk tale?

The show also involved two couples who I think kept on being reincarnated until they were able to finally have happy endings.

Series 2-
I believe AZN advertised this show as "The King of Hell," but I can't find any information on a C-Drama by this title. Basically, the king of the underworld fell in love with a (married) woman and married her. The woman's husband kept on trying to get her back, and their child (son?) kept on dying and being reincarnated. I think it got to the point where I laughed when he(?) fell off a cliff because it was fairly ridiculous how many times he died (or at least tried to). Maybe he continually killed himself on purpose to see his parents?

There was a man who would write down the number of years people would live, a torture room full of pretty much nothing but ice, and a guy with a horse head.

Sorry that I can't remember anything else.. :-(

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 31st, '08, 03:50

The first sounds like the guy is the monkey king, the show is probably Journey to the West.

phantombeast

Post by phantombeast » Sep 1st, '08, 08:29

I found this show because of the theme song (a cover of "All The Things She Said" - t.A.T.u.), but I have no idea what it is. It looks like a Tokusatsu, though I don't know what the term would be in Chinese. I've only ever watch J-Dramas. Hopefully someone can help identify this and if it's good, I'll check it out. Here's the link to the opening.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 1st, '08, 08:46

phantombeast wrote:I found this show because of the theme song (a cover of "All The Things She Said" - t.A.T.u.), but I have no idea what it is. It looks like a Tokusatsu, though I don't know what the term would be in Chinese. I've only ever watch J-Dramas. Hopefully someone can help identify this and if it's good, I'll check it out. Here's the link to the opening.

It's Tian Shi Chuan Shuo 天石传说. It aired in 2005. It's SciFi fused with a little bit of wuxia elements.

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Sep 1st, '08, 16:39

Actually i think Matsuda Shota is doing pretty well now after the fame of HYD he's got Liar Game and Jotei and an upcoming ancient serial his roles are bigger and important, whereas i think Abe Tsuyoshi (Akira) isn't getting as much offers or lucrative offers as Matsuda although i do know he's filming something in TW? but i don't know how big that role is, and maybe i'm just clued up but he hasn't had many offers.

I think Ikuta Toma doesn't pull much audience in apart from Hana Kimi although i think that's mainly because of Oguri Shun rather than him. Maou isn't getting high ratings. =/

phantombeast

Post by phantombeast » Sep 1st, '08, 20:51

Thanks a lot! Too bad I can't find it subbed. Any recommendations for some subbed Wuxia shows? I have a love for fight scenes. Heh.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 1st, '08, 22:04

Scifi and horror shows are rare and the few that exist are unknown for some reason and as a result never subbed. I mean, this show doesn't even have a wiki page. It makes me sad.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Sep 1st, '08, 22:41

Pomato Soup wrote:Series 1-
I think the title had something to do with the name of a monk who was a focus of the story. He may have been cast down from heaven for doing something mischievous, and he may have had something to do with monkeys. He had a gourd that he would always drink from, and he was filthy with messy hair (looked like a homeless person). I think he had something to do with an old Chinese folk tale?

The show also involved two couples who I think kept on being reincarnated until they were able to finally have happy endings.
Could it be a series about Ji Gong (济公)? There are several out there, with the latest being the one that aired last year.
Puppet Princess wrote:Scifi and horror shows are rare and the few that exist are unknown for some reason and as a result never subbed. I mean, this show doesn't even have a wiki page. It makes me sad.
You can always make a page. :P

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 1st, '08, 22:52

Lady Zhuge wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:Scifi and horror shows are rare and the few that exist are unknown for some reason and as a result never subbed. I mean, this show doesn't even have a wiki page. It makes me sad.
You can always make a page. :P
lol I will... If I can find enough information.

Pomato Soup

Post by Pomato Soup » Sep 2nd, '08, 00:07

Lady Zhuge wrote:
Pomato Soup wrote:Series 1-

Could it be a series about Ji Gong (济公)? There are several out there, with the latest being the one that aired last year.
Yes! It was about Ji Gong. That narrows it down quite a bit. Thanks!

Xiao1234

Post by Xiao1234 » Sep 2nd, '08, 04:51

Hi!
This is a drama that I saw on CCENT (CCTV) just recently. I don't know what the chinese name is but it is about basketball and the main character's name in the drama is Gao Fei. That main character works in a Basketball cafe and has a co-worker who is teaching him basketball starting near the beginning of the drama. He first starts playing in a game for this really good player who has two teams fighting over him and he thinks that he really wants to play and there is also a girl who starts one of those teams and is the daughter of one of the judges of the basketball board or something. I'm not sure about some stuff but could you find out what it is called in both chinese and english?

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Sep 4th, '08, 00:08

Xiao1234 wrote:Hi!
This is a drama that I saw on CCENT (CCTV) just recently. I don't know what the chinese name is but it is about basketball and the main character's name in the drama is Gao Fei. That main character works in a Basketball cafe and has a co-worker who is teaching him basketball starting near the beginning of the drama. He first starts playing in a game for this really good player who has two teams fighting over him and he thinks that he really wants to play and there is also a girl who starts one of those teams and is the daughter of one of the judges of the basketball board or something. I'm not sure about some stuff but could you find out what it is called in both chinese and english?
It's called Lan Qiu Bu Luo (篮球部落) / Basketball Tribe / On Tribe.

Sina site: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/lqbl
Sohu site: http://yule.sohu.com/s2005/lqbl.shtml

Xiao1234

Post by Xiao1234 » Sep 4th, '08, 02:53

Thank You!!! :D

cherries1120

Post by cherries1120 » Sep 7th, '08, 15:47

there was this really old drama that i watched when i was a little kid, and i wanna watch it again but i have no idea what it's called. the plot is kind of like the one in this other modern drama, called the switch, where these two women switch faces and one's ugly and the other's pretty. the one im looking for is the one set in ancient times.

it was so long ago that i dont even remember the actors or anything, i just remembered the plot =[

XTC1212

About a very old wuxia drama.

Post by XTC1212 » Sep 8th, '08, 00:24

When I was little (roughly in the 1990s), I watched this wuxia drama that I really want to watch again but can't find the name of it.

The plot:

The beginning involves two twins who are born from the parents of renowned martial artists that had something to do with being checker themed (black and white) but they had an evil rival come on the day that the twins were born to kill them (the parents). The twins were raised separately and one was raised on the streets while the other one was raised in a nice home. They meet later accidentally and decide to join forces to avenge their parents. A distinguishing characteristic of this seemingly generic story is that the twins each have heroines who accompany them. The twin who was raised on the street actually is able to have 4 of them while the one who was more well mannered had one but she is the descendant of a really powerful wuxia master who ends up teaching that twin some powerful martial arts. In the end the twin who was raised on the streets actually marries or takes as his girlfriend/wife all four of the girls. This is the most I can remember and hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks.

purple*princess

Re: About a very old wuxia drama.

Post by purple*princess » Sep 8th, '08, 15:27

XTC1212 wrote:When I was little (roughly in the 1990s), I watched this wuxia drama that I really want to watch again but can't find the name of it.

The plot:

The beginning involves two twins who are born from the parents of renowned martial artists that had something to do with being checker themed (black and white) but they had an evil rival come on the day that the twins were born to kill them (the parents). The twins were raised separately and one was raised on the streets while the other one was raised in a nice home. They meet later accidentally and decide to join forces to avenge their parents. A distinguishing characteristic of this seemingly generic story is that the twins each have heroines who accompany them. The twin who was raised on the street actually is able to have 4 of them while the one who was more well mannered had one but she is the descendant of a really powerful wuxia master who ends up teaching that twin some powerful martial arts. In the end the twin who was raised on the streets actually marries or takes as his girlfriend/wife all four of the girls. This is the most I can remember and hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks.
I think you are looking for the TVB drama Hap Hak Hang (俠客行), which was made in 1989. It starred Tony Leung and Sheren Tang.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Sep 10th, '08, 14:25

Kashiwabara Takashi should get more attention.. and roles. ;) I miss that guy. Really really thrilled to see him on Hachimitsu.

anarce

Post by anarce » Sep 11th, '08, 21:58

I've been searching for this ancient historical drama for a while but am not able to find any decent leads.

All I can remember from the series was this one scene where the protagonist (I think it was the MC, not entirely sure) and his army was confronted by the opposing force and their leader. After the discussion was concluded, the opposing force left, leaving their backs defenseless. And suddenly out of no where, an assassin's arrow flies by behind the whole scene and hits the opposing force's leader and kills him. Everyone thought that it was the protagonist who did it when really, someone was trying to frame him. His ex-lover (I think) thought it was an act of jealousy or something like that and hated him for it.

That's all I can remember. Oh and I *THINK* the actor playing the protagonist was Louise Koo. Again, not entirely sure.

sylent

Post by sylent » Sep 13th, '08, 11:34

I'm looking for a pretty old martial arts drama. I saw it when i was young, and I don't remember much, but the main character wanted to learn martial arts but was prohibited, and tried to learn it anyways. Then, somehow he had his arm chopped off, and was trained by a girl who threw needles or something, and a giant bird/owl type thing who made him try to use this really heavy sword. and i think there's a part where he tries to sleep on just a rope or something.

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Sep 13th, '08, 12:27

@anarce ... Twin of Brothers ... End of Epi34

@sylent ... Return of the Condor Heroes ... many adaptions aviable

live.it.up

Post by live.it.up » Sep 21st, '08, 12:04

hey, i wastched this drama on phoenix cne called beautiful life and its about this girl who is adopted. she finds her birth mum and they get on for a while until the mum wants her to donate a kidney to her half sister. the girl thinks that the mum only wanted to get to know her so that she would donate the kidney. its a mainland chinese drama set in bejing i think. thats all i know sorry. and thank you.

also there is another drama i watched on the same channel about a girl whos also adopted. she doesnt know who her birth mum is and in the episode i watched her adopted mum dies and it turns out that the docter that operated on her is her birth mother. the main characters name is ke ke.

thank you. x

moo-girl

Post by moo-girl » Sep 25th, '08, 12:12

The show I'm looking for aired on 星空卫视 (STAR channel, i think), in the 缘分剧场, 'fate drama session' (?) earlier this year, somewhere between april and august, i think. o.O I have no idea what the name of the show is.

I only saw about one or two eps and can't remember any of the names, but what I gathered about the plot is:

The protaganist is a blind, 18 yrs old (?) girl. She walks with a walking stick thing, but gets a guide dog. The guy of the show is a guy that knows the guide dog and was the trainer of him. He meets the girl and falls in love with her, following her around to make sure she's safe, helping and protecting her without her knowledge. They meet later on, and I'm pretty sure a romantic relationship begins.

Her family is complicated. Her parents are divorced, and she has a stepdad. Her real father is a travelling photographer and chose his career over staying with his family 18 years ago. The girl lives with her mum, stepdad and stepsister (younger). They are all a happy family, I think...the girl calls both of them 'dad'. Birth dad loves her very much. Her stepdad also loves her, and is trying to find a cure for her blindness(?). Stepsister is a little jealous of the girl, who gets more attention (?) but is content with having her dad.

Other details:
1) I'm pretty sure it was made after Oct. 2006, because there is a version of the song 闹闹 playing during a section of the show. This song is from 星苹果乐园, Legend of the Star Apple. (?)

2) I think it was set in Taiwan. But I think some or the actors, or most, were from mainland, judging from their accents.

3) Modern show, set presently/in this decade

4) It has more of a 'real life' type of feel, music isn't playing at every moment and it isn't soap opera style.

Little scenes from the show:
1) He hails a taxi for her, because none of them are stopping, but she doesn't know (because she's blind).

2) They go ice-skating/rollerblading, one of the 'sweet scenes' that's in the opening/ending credits.

REALLY sorry for going on...and on... but I really like this show and would like to find and watch it!

daygolove

Post by daygolove » Oct 2nd, '08, 03:34

Please please help. can anybody tell me what drama these gifs are

Thank you!!! :crazy:

Beccaatoo

I think that is Jimmy Lin in My Lucky Star

Post by Beccaatoo » Oct 2nd, '08, 04:28

daygolove wrote:Please please help. can anybody tell me what drama these gifs are

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Oct 17th, '08, 13:33

daygolove wrote:Please please help. can anybody tell me what drama these gifs are
hmm ... maybe late ... but it's from Hot Shot

cya

akinara

Unknown actress - need help identifying

Post by akinara » Oct 19th, '08, 09:09

I was in Florence on vacation a couple of weeks ago. When strolling up to the Palazzo Pitti I noticed a film crew at the bottom of the courtyard. Looking closer I realized they were japanese and accordingly crazy.

Trailing the actual shot were some other members of the crew, so I stopped to chat with them. A girl in Sherlock Holmes costume (a co-host?) told me the name of the show-to-be, but I've managed to forget it. I did, however, get to snap a shot of her. So, in order to help me find out the name of this show, is there anyone who could identify this girl?

Saejin

Post by Saejin » Nov 2nd, '08, 16:52

Can you help me identify this guy from gokusen? :)
The one enclosed in a white circle. that guy who is a rockstar and has blue highlights. ^_^

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Nov 2nd, '08, 17:35

maeda gouki?

DramaWiki

---

@akinara: Nice camera!

Saejin

Post by Saejin » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:56

ruisu--Thank you very much'!~ :)

dianil5272

Post by dianil5272 » Nov 12th, '08, 14:33

Aibu Saki deserves recognition or at least attention. She's talented and cute.
Zettai Kareshi and Utahime were her good dramas...

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Nov 12th, '08, 14:54

Tamayama Tetsuji

Liked him in Brother Beat.. and Heaven's Bookstore...

Has the potential... let's hope to see more of him...

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Nov 12th, '08, 23:36

gunjourui wrote:Eita (瑛太)

maybe not my all time fav actor, but I like him a lot. He's very talented, but usually gets smaller parts in doramas. I don't think people should forget about him tho. I really hope to see him more often on screen in bigger roles :-)
your wish is granted. :lol :lol
he did really great in Last Friends..

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Nov 14th, '08, 08:16

raven_frost wrote:Image

Full Name: Tsukamoto Takashi (塚本高史)
Date of Birth: October 27th, 1982
Height: 174cm
Weight: 54kg

Dramas

* Tiger & Dragon (2005)
* Fuufu (2005)
* Fire Boys (2004)
* Manhattan Love Story (2003)
* Otousan (2002)
* Kisarazu Cat's Eye (2002)
* Psychometrer Eiji II (1999)

I think he's a cool, talented actor that can go far but has mainly been cast in the role of a bad boy :mrgreen: , and has generally been consigned to smaller roles in doramas.
OMFG He is adorable. haha And if he can act, I'm DEFINITELY checking him out. haha

bloodshadow323

what is the name of this drama?

Post by bloodshadow323 » Nov 14th, '08, 08:20

not sure if this is a chinese drama. hopefully you guys can help me figure out what this one is called? thanks =D

rossie8785

Post by rossie8785 » Nov 15th, '08, 01:47

I like Mizukawa Asami

She plays a lot of small-and-almost-unnoticed roles in dramas such as: Pride, Detective Conan: Challenge Letter to Kudo Shinichi, and bigger roles at nodame Cantabile and Last Friends. But she's kinda eye catching. I love her in Nodame Cantabile. Looks like she was in some movies too.

Name: 水川あさみ
Name (romaji): Mizukawa Asami
Profession: Actress
Birthdate: 1983-Jul-24
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Height: 163cm
Weight: 43kg
Star sign: Leo
Blood type: AB

Ahh.. and one more.. the little girl plays as Sakurai Ann in Oh! My Girl! Who is she..? Anybody can tell me? She also played in Yamada Taro Monogatari as one of Taro's sister. She's very cute..

wariowarez

Post by wariowarez » Nov 15th, '08, 20:58

yes, i totally agree with Mizukawa Asami...i think she's really unique. i like her voice and her sort of cool appearance (doesn't try to look kawaii like many actresses) but too bad that most of what she's done so far are supporting roles. she finally got the lead this season in yume wo kanaeru zou, but it's late-night!! hopefully next time she can play a lead in the "golden" 8-9pm slot...

i'm nominating tabe mikako!
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tabe_Mikako

i think she's really cutel but naturally cute (not like big huge eyes cute), and i really liked her in Hinokio (movie) that she did in 2005 or so. but i feel like she doesn't really get as much attention as she might deserve...i respect her because she doesn't really conform to the standards (or stereotypes) of a japanese actress (being really really cute, being skinny, whatever)
rossie8785 wrote: Ahh.. and one more.. the little girl plays as Sakurai Ann in Oh! My Girl! Who is she..? Anybody can tell me? She also played in Yamada Taro Monogatari as one of Taro's sister. She's very cute..
she's Yoshida Riko--> http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoshida_Riko