Ethan Ruan Jing Tian

Discuss about your favourite Chinese Actors and Actresses.
Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Ethan Ruan Jing Tian

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 24th, '07, 20:42

[img]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1838 ... iansg9.jpg[/img]
Name: Ruan Jing Tian
English name: Ethan Ruan
Date of birth: 1982-Nov-08
Birthplace: Taiwan
Height: 186cm
Weight: 71kg
Star sign: Scorpio
Blood type: B
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ruan_Jing_Tian

As a model turned actor, Ethan Ruan possesses an extraordinary ability to make the characters his own, regardless of what kind of role he takes on, be it the talented Owen in Green Forest, My Home, the brash Shen Le in Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu, or the awkward Zhou Qiao Shan in Summer x Summer. Watch him and you will laugh and cry with him.

Why did I create a topic devoted to him?
Because he is a versatile actor. I may not like the dramas he is in, but I always like his characters.
Attachments
Summer x Summer promotional appearance: Joe Cheng, Ehan Ruan, Wu Xiong
Summer x Summer promotional appearance: Joe Cheng, Ehan Ruan, Wu Xiong
summerxsummer.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 3011 times

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 25th, '07, 00:13

Wow, he is really tall. Most of the TW male actors seem to be at least 1,80m.

I liked Ethan in Hana Kimi, he was so cool there. But in summer x summer, it's so cute how he to stummle across his words and is behaving quite clumsy. Ethan really has some talent to be able to play such opposite characters so nicely.

Haha, and I laughed so hard in the New Years special when it was relvealed why Ethan didn't want to get a foot massage. that was so funny. The cool Ethan wearing a pair of grandfather underwear :rofl:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 25th, '07, 16:16

^^gixo, that really was a funny scene. i thought maybe he didn't want to soak his feet because he didn't like it or maybe because it seemed dirty. and then the real reason was revealed! :D i actually thought that was so endearing that he'd wear that kind of stuff. even stars need to be warm. :-)

i totally agree with what you wrote, Kumaxell. i think that most people assumed he was some kind of pretty boy who was just trying to act. however, he has shown in hana kimi and summer x summer so far that he can be very versatile and believable. i'm pretty much watching summer x summer at this point just for his scenes with the sister. i like the story a lot more than i like the main story line. :roll

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 25th, '07, 16:21

I love him in green forest my home

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 25th, '07, 17:06

habukie, you and me both. I'm watching Summer x Summer mostly for him, too. I thought he was so cool when he scares the hell out of the kendo members. Then he totally shattered that image with the next scene when he cries like a little spoiled kid because he wants to be with the sister. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

I wish I'm in Taiwan to see his new movie EXIT NO. 6, which comes out April 20, 2007. He looks really kuso kuso in this movie.

[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1548 ... diehm3.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Kumaxell on Mar 29th, '07, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 25th, '07, 18:53

i know! i loved that scene as well. he just does such a believeable job of portraying someone who is at times a fierce warrior and at other times this bumbling, stuttering guy. his performance is a lot better than joe's in this drama.

thanks for the link. that preview looks very interesting. :-)

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 28th, '07, 02:21

I totally forgot Ethan is the guy from S.H.E's 河濱公園 MV. That was four years ago.
He is also in 三個字 MV with Joanne Zeng. Love the song and the MV.

Lenne

Post by Lenne » Mar 31st, '07, 02:46

I think that Ethan is really really good looking. 8D
And for a model-turned-actor he isn't too bad. XD

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 31st, '07, 02:57

He was in Hana Kimi?
Hm.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 31st, '07, 04:33

malljclay wrote:He was in Hana Kimi?
Hm.
yup. he was quan's rival, Shen Le. :D

malljclay

Post by malljclay » Mar 31st, '07, 14:10

habukie wrote:
malljclay wrote:He was in Hana Kimi?
Hm.
yup. he was quan's rival, Shen Le. :D

Ohhhh.
I see now.
It must of been the hair.
Thx.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Jul 16th, '07, 03:47

He's sadly under-rated as an actor. He's actually extremely versatile, in my opinion. Not many people can go from Prince Charming (Owen) to arrogant jerk (Shen Le) to bumbling, shy-- and adorable-- dork (QiaoSha). Also, although I don't admire everything that he does (with his life or with his hair, with drama/movie choices, etc.), there's something really refreshing about an idol who's so impulsive and HONEST about what he wants. He's not afraid to try new things.

Oh... not to mention that he's GORGEOUS.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jun 13th, '08, 19:07

I finally caught up with all 13 episodes of "Fated to Love You" over the weekend (I was so far behind). Though I wasn't crazy about the show, Ethan's performance was outstanding, as usual. The emotion he elicited in a scene where he decided the fate of his child was so powerful it still made me cry thinking about it.

I wonder if he has any other project coming up.

lui_sneakers

Post by lui_sneakers » Jun 20th, '08, 06:53

Watched Ethan in Fated to Love... he is my current obssession :mrgreen:

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jun 26th, '08, 19:44

Does anyone have more info. on him? Like who he's dating, past girlfriends, his past time, his favorites, etc. :mrgreen:

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Jun 26th, '08, 19:56

tammiest wrote:He's sadly under-rated as an actor. He's actually extremely versatile, in my opinion. Not many people can go from Prince Charming (Owen) to arrogant jerk (Shen Le) to bumbling, shy-- and adorable-- dork (QiaoSha). Also, although I don't admire everything that he does (with his life or with his hair, with drama/movie choices, etc.), there's something really refreshing about an idol who's so impulsive and HONEST about what he wants. He's not afraid to try new things.

Oh... not to mention that he's GORGEOUS.
]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/ ... -Angel.jpg]
Xiao Tian is so HOT ..he's not so typical pretty boy handsome but then he's so HOT!! esp in Pictures!! his modelling pics are to die for!! *faints*

and YAHHH!! he's so versatile!! his dreadlocks in Exit 6 and then braids in Hana Kimi and then the moustache look in Wenting and then now the 30s bizman look... he gives diff feeling in all of them!!! (yet he looks COOL in all of them... im not sure who can pull that many looks...) but then off camera... he's so so cuteeeeeee!!! I love his look in summer x summer the best.. the hair makes him so SHUAI!! !! hhehe (but then the drama really sucked.. esp i dun like Xiao Zhong)

and I think he was totally underrated until now he's the most pop in Taiwan now! in Fated he's not that HOT looking ( he really looks like Ming dao with this hair now ahhaha) but im glad he made a breakthru!! heheh
he deserves more recognition! i think he's much more versatile and acts better than Xiao Zhong and Xiao Mei!

he totally has the charm to attract ppl ~ i think he looks awesome in all images but he looks the best when he's MODELING in pictures...
X_X

X___X"
hhehehe
(that mag pic he's so hot in there! haha)

btw he just swam nakkid in the sea couple days ago ahhah

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jun 26th, '08, 21:38

tammiest wrote:... Also, although I don't admire everything that he does with his life ...
Hi, do you mind elaborating on this statement?

What don't you admire about his life? I'm just curious since I can't read Chinese and I can't find anything on him when he's my current obsession. Many thanks for your reply. :mrgreen:

lui_sneakers

Post by lui_sneakers » Jun 28th, '08, 16:05

Just bumpin to show sum luv for ethan! peace! :D

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jun 29th, '08, 00:11

^ Yay! Me too! :cheers:

kaliane

Post by kaliane » Jul 3rd, '08, 22:24

I think he's dating Tiffany Xu (the girl in ISWAK)
Attachments
94f40f6ce4111728blf5.jpg
94f40f6ce4111728blf5.jpg (23.7 KiB) Viewed 2884 times

lui_sneakers

Post by lui_sneakers » Jul 5th, '08, 01:12

Bump! I watched the clip when he swam naked. Lol, it was pretty funny. :lol

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Jul 12th, '08, 03:31

i just recently looked up as much info as i could about ethan kkkk~ fated to love you's effect of course :wub:

he's definitely currently dating Tiffany Xu (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tiffany_Xu).. pics of him and her flying to the Netherlands were just posted up by fans. they went there i think on a vacation right after filming for Fated finished.

he used to date Yanyan (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Esther_Liu) after they fell in love with each other while filming Green Forest, My Home. but apparently both side's management disapproved of the relationship - Yanyan was only 17 at that time and definitely a bigger star than Ethan was. Also because of this, Ethan was for a few years "neglected" by his mgmt (and so some of this projects after that were not that good).

good thing he got the starring role for Fated! because he's definitely a good actor... he has the innocent, handsome, brash, sensitive, Korean-leading man feel about him. :wub: i'm reminded of Hyun Bin in KimSamSoon and Dong Wook of My Girl when i see Ethan on Fated. :thumleft:

he met Tiffany on the set of Wayward Kenting. seems like he falls in love with his co-stars pretty often. XD

another rumor is that ming dao was the first choice for the lead actor in Fated, but because his talent fee was too expensive..they gave up and went with Ethan (whose talent fee was NT15k per ep - but now a whopping NT100k!).. all i can say is~ GOOD CHOICE! :cheers: (no offense to mingdao supporters :P)

dudubear

Post by dudubear » Sep 23rd, '08, 14:54

oh my goodness.. he is soo cute in fated to love you.. and he can act.. not like some actor with looks..but cant act.. he has both!.. but is he really together with tiffany hsu/xu?? hmm.. not a fan of her.. but anyhow.. ethan !!!.. yeah!!.. hehehe