yanlin

Post by yanlin » Jun 26th, '08, 15:11

i hope i can watch it soon >"<i>"<!!! :( :( huchuc

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '08, 15:16

hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
roon wrote:
Yeah, you of all people should pass... Sousuke was way too prominent for my liking. Repressed feelings of rage came flooding back!
And we were only kidding about the SP being a Sosuke-fest... Obviously the drama revolves this psycho and not Michiru/Ruka at all.
Well, the producers couldn't let a chance like that pass without redeeming the Johnny boy, right?
Apparently so.

Bleah.
He needed that scene with Michiru visiting his grave.....oooh, how touching. Not. :glare:

And they're going to make a movie... What, more recaps?? :glare:
No. Michiru's baby grows up and falls for a young douchebag who looks like Sousuke, and history repeats itself. Yippee! :w00t: Ryo can make a comeback in the movie with fresh scenes of DV!
Y'know, you're probably right on the mark....

Forget the movie... Pray for Nodame SP 2. *fingerscrossed*

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jun 26th, '08, 15:19

bmwracer wrote:
lichter002 wrote:I guess this SP was to appease his fangirls
So was the first part of Episode 11.

This drama has degenerated to this... :thumbdown:
I only started watching this drama because Juri-chan was in it, so I really didn't care that much about the quality of the show (I enjoyed it though).
But since she doesn't get much air time in the SP, then it's just not worth it.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 26th, '08, 15:19

bmwracer wrote: Y'know, you're probably right on the mark....

Definitely looking forward to Nodame SP 2 or Nodame Season 2.

Nodame SP 1 PWNs LF SP by 938458385994993299 times!! :x

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 26th, '08, 15:20

yeah lets pray for Nodame SP2....
at least Nodame producer and writer is not that stupid to do a recap....
and that mean more Juri, eita and Asami and no Masami and Ryo anymore to annoy us^^

yanlin

Post by yanlin » Jun 26th, '08, 15:22

Nodame SP 2???? that is new, or you mean Nodame lesson 2?

roon

Post by roon » Jun 26th, '08, 15:22

What's really sad is, I totally didn't care about the abuse of DV (harhar) throughout the series since I kept up with it week after week (and I also really only continued for Juri and Eita)... but seeing it all consolidated into over an hour just made me realize how unnecessary and stupid it usually was. It seems like it's affecting a bunch more people besides me, even, because there was no payoff to sit through something so uncomfortably. They might as well have named the damn SP a DV marathon.

And with that, all my hopes for this series go flying out the window. Unless they had to nix their original intentions for the SP in favor of a movie with the original cast, I am so, so disappointed in this show.
Last edited by roon on Jun 26th, '08, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 26th, '08, 15:23

hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Y'know, you're probably right on the mark....

Definitely looking forward to Nodame SP 2 or Nodame Season 2.

Nodame SP 1 PWNs LF SP by 938458385994993299 times!! :x
LOL so TRUE!!! seriously i enjoyed the nodame SP much much more than the series itself, it's like 4 hours straight of non-stop whacky humor and emotional scenes, it's sooo good. Gosh, the LF SP is totally unnecessary at all if they're just recaps and few mins of what...stuffs that could've been shown in the last episode itself? urgh.... :glare:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 26th, '08, 15:34

aww so the sp was nothing special at all? that sucks since i've been anticipating all week for it. i guess in a way it's kinda expected. i mean they didn't decide to have the sp until half pass the drama since it was getting good ratings. so having the sp air right after the drama itself was kinda hard to get a good plot running. unlike nodame who had months of time for plot and filming. now i'm just disappointed cause there's no NG. :cussing:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '08, 15:34

roon wrote:What's really sad is, I totally didn't care about the abuse of DV (harhar) throughout the series since I kept up with it week after week (and I also really only continued for Juri and Eita)... but seeing it all consolidated into over an hour just made me realize how unnecessary and stupid it usually was. It seems like it's affecting a bunch more people besides me, even, because there was no payoff to sit through something so uncomfortably. They might as well have named the damn SP a DV marathon.
It's like the SP was a DV training course, ne?

How ridiculous.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '08, 15:37

yanlin wrote:Nodame SP 2???? that is new, or you mean Nodame lesson 2?
I meant a second Nodame special... An entire season would be unlikely, but another SP would be way cool. :thumleft:

Gomen, we're off topic. :sweat:

yanlin

Post by yanlin » Jun 26th, '08, 15:39

oh really ?^^ i like it ^^

shineox

Post by shineox » Jun 26th, '08, 19:53

Random question thats been bothering me for some time. What did Eita character's sister do to him to make him like that? Did he ever really explain it without being so vague or did I miss something? I always thought that he was molested, but why would his sister touch him while he was that young, and her own brother even?
Last edited by shineox on Jun 26th, '08, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 26th, '08, 19:56

If you pay attention to the conversation that Takeru and Ruka has in the last episode on the beach then you'll hear why she did what she did to him.

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Jun 26th, '08, 21:03

I'm a fan of Ryo-chan BUT..... As I know all that 11 episodes was to show the life of Michiru and her friends (that's what the name of it is abaout right??) and Sousuke was just a side one who made it more dramatic with his actions.. So what was the point of making a SP about him? HE IS DEAD! End of his story! :scratch:
I guess this SP was to appease his fangirls then, after an entire season of making everyone hate him. :scratch:
ech... I don't think fans hated him they hated Sousuke....besides who hated him before LF they will hate him after this also
No. Michiru's baby grows up and falls for a young douchebag who looks like Sousuke, and history repeats itself. Yippee! :w00t: Ryo can make a comeback in the movie with fresh scenes of DV!
*dead from laughing* that would be something... :w00t: again... good idea! lol It's like dead's return....It would be ridicuous...I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens... I think the trailer of the LF horror movie might become the real one...:glare:
besides I loved the last episode! :thumright: Those Ruka&Takeru moments :wub: and a baby girl :wub:

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 26th, '08, 22:23

shineox wrote:Random question thats been bothering me for some time. What did Eita character's sister do to him to make him like that? Did he ever really explain it without being so vague or did I miss something? I always thought that he was molested, but why would his sister touch him while he was that young, and her own brother even?
Hmm, she didn't so much molest him... Like maybe not forcefully, but because he was so young and because it was someone he thought to be his sister (though not by blood) it confused him and made him unstable. That's my guess, anyway.
avieamber wrote:i have a feeling the movie's gonna suck too. :glare: Unless...
They're saving the real scenes after the ending of Last Friends for the movie, a proper full length of how Ruka, Michiru and Takeru takes care of the child, and maybe Eri and Ogurin having one too ...BUT if they decide to use a whole new casts for the movie, then i'm gonna be really pissed off coz nobody can replace Juri as Ruka or Eita as Takeru.Oh and if they're using the same casts, then does that mean we'll get to see Juri in her short hair phase for a bit longer? haha...

But either way, i hope the movie's better than the SP itself. But why must they disappoint us when we have such high hopes and anticipating the SP so much for unseen scenes when most of them are just a bunch of recaps, and i mean, i don't want to see Sousuke anymore seriously...i want more Ruka/Michiru/Takeru and Rumi
I'm done ranting haha :roll
I agree. If they get a different cast, I'm not even watching it. I mean, I wonder if the producers or whoever know that the show was good because of the actors, and not so much the situations. Somebody, please tell them.

noonie

Post by noonie » Jun 26th, '08, 22:37

Can someone tell me where they announced there would be a movie for this..and does anyone know where it can be viewed..Sorry I'm somewhat of a newbie..this was a great series and touched on some great subjects but I felt it was to short that they needed to let us get to know each character more..Like Sousuke , why was he like that, how was his childhood ( since he loves kids so much its most likely he was abused as a child) ect. Maybe if they do a movie and take it off TV they can discuss the subjects more since TV is so limited with censures.

zaq

Post by zaq » Jun 26th, '08, 23:43

Isn't it having a movie stretching it long already? I mean the ending was not was not great as I expected but at least it was a nice closure (well except the issue about Takeru and his sister which i feel is still hanging.). Now i wonder what other "life drama" will they show in the movie that wasn't presented in the series already? Haven't these people gone through enough already? But if they insist on making a Movie, they may as well bring back Sousuke from the dead and have start hunting people in their sleep. For honestly, I think the major reason why most watched this drama -fandom aside- is to see what wako stuff Sousuke will do next. Yes sexual identity crisis and incestuous sexual molestation are worthy issues but from the opinions I read and watched from those with in Japan, it's the DV part of the drama and creepiness of Sousuke's character that had people on the edge of their seats each episodes. The ratings are a testament enough, if you notice the episodes that peaked are the ones with the major wako-Sousuke cliffhangers. Viewers wants action and not talk drama, and that is what the character of Sousuke brings into this series and what will sell if ever they will go through with the movie....

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 27th, '08, 01:46

bmwracer wrote:
I meant a second Nodame special... An entire season would be unlikely, but another SP would be way cool. :thumleft:

I'll be ecstatic if there's another SP for Nodame! XD Even though the manga is still on-going, I'd much rather see it live on-screen with more Juri :wub:

-

Anyhow, Last Friends SP totally wasted my time. I'll probably just grab the edit version of the SP Ujf uploaded.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 27th, '08, 02:03

wintergal wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

I'll be ecstatic if there's another SP for Nodame! XD Even though the manga is still on-going, I'd much rather see it live on-screen with more Juri :wub:

-

Anyhow, Last Friends SP totally wasted my time. I'll probably just grab the edit version of the SP Ujf uploaded.
That's too bad about the SP. But about Nodame, is there anywhere to read the manga in English? I didn't know it was still ongoing and I'd love to know what's happening in the story! :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '08, 03:29

zaq wrote:Isn't it having a movie stretching it long already? I mean the ending was not was not great as I expected but at least it was a nice closure (well except the issue about Takeru and his sister which i feel is still hanging.). Now i wonder what other "life drama" will they show in the movie that wasn't presented in the series already? Haven't these people gone through enough already? But if they insist on making a Movie, they may as well bring back Sousuke from the dead and have start hunting people in their sleep.
Maybe they'll title the movie Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street.
For honestly, I think the major reason why most watched this drama -fandom aside- is to see what wako stuff Sousuke will do next. Yes sexual identity crisis and incestuous sexual molestation are worthy issues but from the opinions I read and watched from those with in Japan, it's the DV part of the drama and creepiness of Sousuke's character that had people on the edge of their seats each episodes. The ratings are a testament enough, if you notice the episodes that peaked are the ones with the major wako-Sousuke cliffhangers. Viewers wants action and not talk drama, and that is what the character of Sousuke brings into this series and what will sell if ever they will go through with the movie....
You're probably quite right... And that's pretty sad.

I really was more interested in what went on in the sharehouse: those stories were more interesting and deeper than the in-your-face shock value of all that DV crap, which the writer and director exploited to the fullest.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 27th, '08, 04:02

omg what's with the SP. i mean ruka didn't appear until 1 min before the end and even that it was about everyone in the house. geez even ogurin had more screen time than ruka. this is truly a dark day for all Last Friends fans. :cry:

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 27th, '08, 04:22

Kookie315 wrote: That's too bad about the SP. But about Nodame, is there anywhere to read the manga in English? I didn't know it was still ongoing and I'd love to know what's happening in the story! :lol
I read the english scanlations at onemanga.com :)

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 27th, '08, 04:37

i'm glad that Ujf edited the SP before posting it... and that makes the SP only 9 minutes or so!! :lol too short..

lamania

help!

Post by lamania » Jun 27th, '08, 05:22

Where can I watch the SP without downloading Torrent? I tried Tudou and Youku but neither had it...help please!!
many thanks!

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 27th, '08, 06:11

^ ^ Thanks, wintergal, I think I'll go run off and read them now!

Meecha

Re: help!

Post by Meecha » Jun 27th, '08, 06:50

lamania wrote:Where can I watch the SP without downloading Torrent? I tried Tudou and Youku but neither had it...help please!!
many thanks!
try www.fourlc.com

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 27th, '08, 07:56

just watched the SP
seriously, 9 minutes is a bit too short. i felt like everything's a breeze through. I know it's just a simple and short conclusion on their lives but ah...i had high expectations. :glare: But i'm glad that Eri had more screentime this time, maybe coz she didn't have much in the last episode, just her marriage, and then NONE of her anymore, so i think this is to compensate haha...but still, I'm sad and angry at the same time that Ruka only appeared like a minute?!

Although i have to say that Takeru seems to be able to put his past behind, moving on with his new family, as he told his sister. And then we get to see a brief conversation between Ogurin and the co--worker who bullied Michiru before, was abused herself by her boyfriend.

But still, i want MORE RUKA!!! This is so sad. ah ... :whistling: Oh btw...did anyone notice Rumi's RED little CUP right at the end?that's so cute.

There's something bugging me though about the kid Sousuke was close to before, i know it's not what i'm thinking now but i seriously hope that kid won't grow up to be another Sousuke reincarnation and haunts them afterwards lol...just a random thought.
Off topic but i'm also storing Nodame manga scans atm to entertain me after LF. I hope the LF movie's better though.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 27th, '08, 13:04

Speaking of the manga, chapter 1 seems to have a different mangaka than the prologue. And yeah, it's pretty much like the drama ep1. Takeru kinda became a blondie though? Haha. Sleepyzzz, thanks again! Any idea when chapter 2 will be out? Another 2 months? ^^;

I haven't watch the SP yet...*sigh* after the 9 minutes it'll be over huh? And over in such an unsatisfying way too...>_<

Well, here's what the movie will be about along with cast pics:
Michiru and Ruka's first meeting, their high school lives plus all the teenage angst. The casts will still be the same but there's a twist~

Nagasawa Masami as 'The boyishly charming Ruka with a deep secret she can't tell anyone but is pretty obvious to those that aren't blind(except Michiru)'

Ueno Juri as 'The cute and innocent Michiru who is a magnet for people with deep issues'

Eita as 'Takeru. Michiru's love interest, state football player/model with a deep issue'

~Last Friends the Movie: First Friends~

LOL. *runs away*

edit: wow, apparently some people actually believed this...it's obviously a joke...but it's an interesting idea.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 27th, '08, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Jun 27th, '08, 13:21

^Yuuki wrote: Well, here's what the movie will be about along with cast pics:
Michiru and Ruka's first meeting, their high school lives plus all the teenage angst. The casts will still be the same but there's a twist~

Nagasawa Masami as 'The boyishly charming Ruka with a deep secret she can't tell anyone but is pretty obvious to those that aren't blind(except Michiru)'

Ueno Juri as 'The cute and innocent Michiru who is a magnet for people with deep issues'

Eita as 'Takeru. Michiru's love interest, state football player/model with a deep issue'

LOL. *runs away*
EEK!! WHAT??? They swiched Juri and Masami ?? :crazy: Nagh.. I bet Juri will do better job on creating Michiru's character :P
There's something bugging me though about the kid Sousuke was close to before, i know it's not what i'm thinking now but i seriously hope that kid won't grow up to be another Sousuke reincarnation and haunts them afterwards lol...just a random thought.
Ha! It would be very possible actually!
but we already know what the movie will be about :-)

EDIT: found the SP uploaded
Last edited by Yumi Yan on Jun 27th, '08, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '08, 13:31

avieamber wrote:I hope the LF movie's better though.
Don't hold your breath.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 27th, '08, 18:14

I hope the subbers aren't translating the whole hour special if it's all recaps. I pretty much get what they talked about, but since it's less than 10 minutes, I wouldn't mind watching the new scenes again with subs.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 27th, '08, 23:33

As someone else stated before, what IS going on with Kioku? 3 weeks with no release? Are they having some troubles?

Anyway...yeah, the end of "Last Friends." Hmm. I was with them all the way until:
**** SOUSUKE KILLED HIMSELF then was nearly canonized in his letter to Michiru. I felt like throwing up in my mouth. Just because it's Ryo Nishikdo are we supposed to accept this crap and feel sorry for him? His actions were never explained! "Sorry I don't know how to love?" Whatever! Maybe if we knew more about Sousuke's past we could have actually understood the suicide. But no details were given. Why was he holding that wedding dress? Where and when did he learn that violence was the answer? Man, the writers really dropped the ball on this one.

Another thing that totally pissed me off was the way Michiru dealt with her pregnancy and that big ball of BS she fed Ruka. Rumi was a product of rape! Michiru thinks it's HER fault Sousuke did himself in? Did she just conveniently forget that Sousuke spent 4 months terrorizing and assaulting everyone around her? I don't know how true DV victims would respond in this scenario but it just made me feel sick.

I agree with BMW that the DV and its accompanying dealer were milked all the way to the farm. Takeru and Ruka's storylines were far more interesting and complex. It seemed deep down Asano knew it too cuz she spent all her time developing these two while just shoving Sousuke on us in various ACTION moments. I really liked "Last Friends" so much, but its conclusion irritated the hell out of me! This drama had SO much potential. Parts of it WERE great but others were just so bad. Even in that weekly hour I often wondered: "How can this show be so damn good one moment and so damn crap the next?"

Guess I can't dwell on it anymore. If nothing else, LF gave us the awesomeness that was Ruka! And those coolass mugs which I bought.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '08, 23:59

magicmusic wrote:Anyway...yeah, the end of "Last Friends." Hmm. I was with them all the way until:
**** SOUSUKE KILLED HIMSELF then was nearly canonized in his letter to Michiru. I felt like throwing up in my mouth. Just because it's Ryo Nishikdo are we supposed to accept this crap and feel sorry for him? His actions were never explained! "Sorry I don't know how to love?" Whatever! Maybe if we knew more about Sousuke's past we could have actually understood the suicide. But no details were given. Why was he holding that wedding dress? Where and when did he learn that violence was the answer? Man, the writers really dropped the ball on this one.

Another thing that totally pissed me off was the way Michiru dealt with her pregnancy and that big ball of BS she fed Ruka. Rumi was a product of rape! Michiru thinks it's HER fault Sousuke did himself in? Did she just conveniently forget that Sousuke spent 4 months terrorizing and assaulting everyone around her? I don't know how true DV victims would respond in this scenario but it just made me feel sick.
Word.

I don't know about you, but after Episode 11, I felt like a DV victim. :x
I agree with BMW that the DV and its accompanying dealer were milked all the way to the farm. Takeru and Ruka's storylines were far more interesting and complex. It seemed deep down Asano knew it too cuz she spent all her time developing these two while just shoving Sousuke on us in various ACTION moments. I really liked "Last Friends" so much, but its conclusion irritated the hell out of me! This drama had SO much potential. Parts of it WERE great but others were just so bad. Even in that weekly hour I often wondered: "How can this show be so damn good one moment and so damn crap the next?"

Guess I can't dwell on it anymore. If nothing else, LF gave us the awesomeness that was Ruka! And those coolass mugs which I bought.

Yeah, thank goodness for Ruka (and Takeru, somewhat), else this drama would've tanked a whole lot sooner... As far as the mugs are concerned, I've no access to them from the States... :(

Post by 206 » Jun 28th, '08, 00:40

The SP is a bit disappointing cause you really want the story to continue versus be a recap. Although the edited SP was short, it felt like the writers did not have that much to say other than everybody is OK and maybe that is all that was needed as they had their friendships.

I still think that this was one of the best j-dramas that have come around in a long time. DV, abuse, coming out, relationships with married men, and child welfare are not your everyday topics that get tied up in a love story.

Arisa

Post by Arisa » Jun 28th, '08, 04:51

roon wrote: Unless they had to nix their original intentions for the SP in favor of a movie with the original cast, I am so, so disappointed in this show.
I think you're band on. Originally, I'm pretty sure the 12th episode was supposed to be an actualy episode, not even a special, so it seems likely that, once the movie was decided upon, they gave the series a half-assed ending in order to save content for the movie. (Like Sousuke's and Takeru's stories.)

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 28th, '08, 04:53

^Yuuki wrote:Speaking of the manga, chapter 1 seems to have a different mangaka than the prologue. And yeah, it's pretty much like the drama ep1. Takeru kinda became a blondie though? Haha. Sleepyzzz, thanks again! Any idea when chapter 2 will be out? Another 2 months? ^^;

I haven't watch the SP yet...*sigh* after the 9 minutes it'll be over huh? And over in such an unsatisfying way too...>_<

Well, here's what the movie will be about along with cast pics:

LOL. *runs away*

edit: wow, apparently some people actually believed this...it's obviously a joke...but it's an interesting idea.
oh isn't that a picture of ruka during swing girl days? and that pic of eita was when he first started out as a model. hehe funnie. i was going to reply this morning when i noticed someone actually thought this was real but i had to rush to work. good job though.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 28th, '08, 05:57

on the SP:
DAMN I NEED MORE RUKA!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 28th, '08, 06:09

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:on the SP:
DAMN I NEED MORE RUKA!!
i think that's what everyone had in mind after watching the dreaded SP. But somehow i don't get why the writers don't understand the reason why a lot of us here watch this for. Apart from the fresh DV and GID issues, i watch this for Ruka and Takeru only. :wub:

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 28th, '08, 06:14

avieamber wrote:
kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:on the SP:
DAMN I NEED MORE RUKA!!
i think that's what everyone had in mind after watching the dreaded SP. But somehow i don't get why the writers don't understand the reason why a lot of us here watch this for. Apart from the fresh DV and GID issues, i watch this for Ruka and Takeru only. :wub:
yeah.. the same.. i watch this for ruka and takeru too.
they didnt know there are million of fans of TakeRuka pair
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 28th, '08, 06:19

^Yuuki: Malika is a monthly magazine so I guess it'll be say another 2 weeks before the next LF manga release. I'll keep an eye out for it but I'm kind of disappointed by the whole SP etc....they should have just left it at ep 11 rather than give us false hope!!

Hmm...do you think there's any chance they'll do a SP 6 months later like PropDai or Nodame??

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 28th, '08, 06:53

so i was really bored and decided to rewatch nodame and found this online:

linky

i know the special is from nodame but for those that just can't get enough of juri-chan here is her all cuddled up with asami. plus you'll see her do a great trick.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 28th, '08, 07:20

sleepyzzz wrote:^Yuuki: Malika is a monthly magazine so I guess it'll be say another 2 weeks before the next LF manga release. I'll keep an eye out for it but I'm kind of disappointed by the whole SP etc....they should have just left it at ep 11 rather than give us false hope!!

Hmm...do you think there's any chance they'll do a SP 6 months later like PropDai or Nodame??
After seeing the SP, not having any of the MichiRuka talk that we've all hoped for is one thing, but Ruka only had 1 minute at the end?? What the heck~! And we didn't even get to hear what she said to the others because of the voice overs...>_< The Ogurin at the hairdresser part was really unnecessary. Why are they explaining why she bullied Michiru when there's still unsolved mysteries in the MAIN storyline? The scene between Takeru and his sister, while it kinda tied up the issue, still felt out of place and so last minute.

So, yeah, if they can't come out with a proper and satisfying SP episode, I'd rather they end it all with the last one(at least it'll make us think once in a while,"I wonder what happened to that threesome". It just feel so 'fixed' now.) . And who needs to watch a recap when the series just ended anyway? If it was just before the last episode, it's understandable(btw, they already aired a digest version before ep10).

Brilliant at parts, typical JDrama at parts. Despite everything, it's still one of the most awesome series I've seen so I don't regret anything. It gave us Ruka and shined the spotlight on Ueno Juri. So, thank you. Hopefully Juri-chan will get more awesome roles like this in the future. Until then, go lurk at the Ueno Juri thread or join the LJ community.

@rulan: That's from Waratte Iitomo SP 2 years ago. Juri and the nodame team totally crushed the other teams. Lol. I think veoh has the full episode.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 28th, '08, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.

plumblossoms

Post by plumblossoms » Jun 28th, '08, 07:22

I was so excited with downloading the SP and having the soft subs...there was a lot of seeders so it took less than 2 hours for me to download it ^^ I was happy until I watched the SP...it was okay, but it was so...rushed and Ruka?! I only saw like 5 seconds of her T_T So it is confirmed there will be a movie?

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 28th, '08, 07:36

^Yuuki wrote:
@rulan: That's from Waratte Iitomo SP 2 years ago. Juri and the nodame team totally crushed the other teams. Lol. I think veoh has the full episode.
hehe yea i know. i stopped watching jdrama after yasha and that was like years ago. then recently someone mentioned last friends and i saw the opening theme and was like wow awesome. after that i got hooked on last friends and fell practically in love with juri so i went to search for her other dramas and saw nodame. yea i'm a late comer but thanks to her i'm starting to watch jdramas again.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Jun 28th, '08, 08:20

Greetings my fellow LF loyal watchers. I know it's been a while, work has just been hectic, but fear not I still made time to catch up on this ever growing thread....Like everyone, I am kinda disappointed with the pace of the story, the lack of and/or unnecessary closure and no Ruka/Michiru heart to heart discussion without Souske in the convo. It has so much potential, but went the safe route. Justice was not served in many ways. However, I think it's not entirely the writer's fault...we also gotta think about who makes these decisions: the executive producers, the TV stations execs, the director, the president of the station/network/? AND the majority of Japan's societal traits and expectations.

Seriously, everything is so ambiguous. But I guess that is also the show's strength, in which neither one is in a specific category or specific gender role. It was definitely risky business for everyone involved. I appreciate the fact that this drama had us glued to this forum, our computer screen, the wonderful theme song and score by Utada Hikaru and most of all the amazingly beautiful and talented Ueno Juri...RUKA! I was really just watching this show for the sake of Juri and Ruka.

You all have been an amazing LF community sharing our insights and observations. It was a great journey. Thank you all for putting up with my crazy cup obsession. And most importantly THANK YOU ujf for uploading consistently! THANK YOU suketeru and seri for your wonderful soft subs (You both are lifesavers for everyone here...without the softsubs we'd be pulling our hair out in anticipation and in our attempts to comprehend and express our opinions accordingly). Also, Thank you Kioku for your hardsubs.

And heck..why not add a little more insight on the cups:
Episode 11: Where my cups at? I kinda missed them b/c the share house was momentarily disassembled.
SP: Yay my cups are back...together in one place. Now, little cute Rumi needs a sippy cup in the mix preferably in the colors of red/blue....and maybe purple too :-P

Also, Just got this in the email, DVD purchase linky:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBC-61414

Sorry for the long post...it's been a while :-)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 28th, '08, 08:26

zeiroc: Welcome back. I agree on what you said. And about Rumi's cup, she already has one~ Check out the end of the SP. No need to guess who got it for her. :roll
rulan wrote: oh isn't that a picture of ruka during swing girl days? and that pic of eita was when he first started out as a model. hehe funnie. i was going to reply this morning when i noticed someone actually thought this was real but i had to rush to work. good job though.
It's a picture of JURI during Swing Girls days. Lol. I don't blame you because when she takes on a role, she really become that role that it's hard to differentiate where Juri and Ruka starts and ends. :mrgreen:
sleepyzzz wrote:Hmm...do you think there's any chance they'll do a SP 6 months later like PropDai or Nodame??
If they didn't show us that 9 minutes, it would have been possible. You know, since there's supposed to be some unresolved stuff. But now, they already shown what happen after 2(?) years and a happy happy scene to go with it so...any issues are assumed to be solved...

plumblossoms: No idea if it's a real news yet. But if they're doing a movie, it's either:
a) remake of the whole thing like HnC
b) sequel (like what I say above, kinda nothing much to explore anymore)
c) prequel (something like what I suggested...kekeke)
d) something with different characters and storyline but still has the same feel and deals with other issues...

DVD is coming out on the 15th of October. Will have some extra stuff. The Eri~My Love spin-off series as well. 22800yen.

m-ayu

Post by m-ayu » Jun 28th, '08, 08:44

The SP... was.... meh :glare:
the only thing that I like was cute Rumi and her cup lol.

I'm wishing for MichiRuka talk too, coz the only 'their moment' that I've caught in the SP was only Ruka somewhat holding Michiru's hand, when they held Rumi's cup together.
And that was only a glimpse and last for a second also. :x

2muchsoda

Post by 2muchsoda » Jun 28th, '08, 08:50

ahhh...im waiting for new drama from juri and ryo..
they both played totally different character...greatx3!
is there any drama she had with Yamapi?
i wonder so.. :scratch:
Attachments
20080617-2008_06160012.jpg
20080617-2008_06160012.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 3806 times

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 28th, '08, 08:57

Juri in a drama with YamaPi? Lol. That's just too funny to even think about...~_~ Maybe they can combine both LF and ProDai together and have them fighting over Masami's character huh? >_>

Btw, the SP had some unaired scene that wasn't in the edited version uploaded. TakeRuka scene(after Takeru got attacked). Ruka tells him she's moving back in. Get it here: http://pickup.mofile.com/0833091461538512 (click the 2nd red link in the green bar)
It's in the middle.

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 28th, '08, 10:20

Im very disappointed with the SP , yet Ruka's GID was not even resolved!! and i assume that Michiru hasnt realized about Ruka's issue at all.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 28th, '08, 10:45

back4lley wrote:
Im very disappointed with the SP , yet Ruka's GID was not even resolved!! and i assume that Michiru hasnt realized about Ruka's issue at all.
From episode 1 and being reminded throught the series, we already know that Michiru will come to know about Ruka sooner or later(her feelings and the 'problem' she has kept to herself). But the last few episodes were really pretty vague about it. So she knows about Ruka's feelings about her. But whether she truly knows that Ruka's issue is deeper than that, they didn't show...and didn't properly acknowledge it. But I think she knows...As for Ruka herself, is that speech during the press conference meant as an answer? That's she's living neither as a man or woman, but as a person? And what Asami said, "Ruka is Ruka"? While those are nice to hear, it's still not that easy shouldn't have been that easy after all the relentless agony...That's why, regardless of what Ruka decides to do(after watching the SP, looks like she decides to stay like she is), it would have been good if we have a closure on this issue from Michiru at least. orz

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 28th, '08, 10:51

magicmusic wrote:As someone else stated before, what IS going on with Kioku? 3 weeks with no release? Are they having some troubles?
Apparently one of their subbers had gone overseas and another is engrossed with Euro2008. lol There should be releases of ep 8 & 9 from Kioku soon.
Anyway...yeah, the end of "Last Friends." Hmm. I was with them all the way until:

Drop the ball they did. I'd imagine the tv execs had a nervous discussion and decided to appease the Ryo fangirls, because while Sousuke was clearly a nutjob, they were afraid to make Sousuke too bad. Hence they threw in some 'redeeming Sousuke scenes' which were not convincing in the least and went against the flow of the story. Hmph.

Exactly. Michiru's speech about Sousuke forgiving her was total rubbish. As if his suicide letter absolves anything. The rape baby is NOT a gift. I'd like to know what real rape victims who get knocked up by their rapist are going to say about this. Pstt. :glare: Michiru's character appeared to have finally grown a backbone and self-respect, being able to stand up to Sousuke and slap him when he gloated over having beaten Ruka. But then after Sousuke died and Michiru was all weeping over him and back to blaming herself for HIS OWN ACTIONS, she regressed back to the OLD Michiru. The one who suffers the abuse meekly thinking it'll all get better if only she'd TRIED HARDER to understand Sousuke. Michiru honey, you can't fix Sousuke. He's off your hands. Instead of being paralysed by confusion, sadness and depression, Michiru should have expressed RIGHTEOUS ANGER and walked out on Sousuke from DAY ONE of the abuse. Argh. She pissed me off royally when she went back to her self-blaming tendencies in the end, never showing any disgust or anger about her rape. Instead, she THANKED Sousuke for forgiving HER with this rape baby. Goodness. WTF??!! :x

I really liked "Last Friends" so much, but its conclusion irritated the hell out of me! This drama had SO much potential. Parts of it WERE great but others were just so bad. Even in that weekly hour I often wondered: "How can this show be so damn good one moment and so damn crap the next?"

Preach it, sister. Ueno Juri made Last Friends watchable, even through its gawdawful moments of insanity and lack of character development. I think Asano should thank her lucky stars that Juri (and Eita) agreed to act in this mixed bag of a drama. Ruka's storyline and her friendship with Takeru was precisely why I was glued to the drama. Their awesome chemistry rose above the mediocrity of the 'DV-Lifetime movie of the week' theme. :thumright:

Now, I'd really like to see Juri cast in a new movie where she can play a real out-and-out lesbian character, simply because she's so good at it and makes a truly hot lesbian. :D :wub:
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 28th, '08, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 28th, '08, 10:59

Some news --

Saturday, June 28, 2008
Last Friends SP garners 17.4% in VRs

(Source: Mainichi) Mainichi's always using the same photo for Last Friends-related news. Anyway, VRs = Viewer's Ratings and compared to Last Friends' Final Episode's VRs of 22.8%, 17.4% is rather low. Viewers also commented that the ending of Last Friends [i think they refer to the last episode, and NOT the SP] was 'confusing and ambiguous'. The company president, Yutaka-san [豊田皓 --> anybody know how to read this Kanji? did not appear in my google results] admitted that it was a bit 'confusing and ambiguous', but nevertheless thanked the viewers for their support while explaining that the themes and issues addressed in the dorama were "difficult" ones.

source: http://myfirstgossipblog.blogspot.com/2 ... n-vrs.html

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 28th, '08, 14:13

hanapyupyu wrote:Some news --

Saturday, June 28, 2008
Last Friends SP garners 17.4% in VRs

(Source: Mainichi) Mainichi's always using the same photo for Last Friends-related news. Anyway, VRs = Viewer's Ratings and compared to Last Friends' Final Episode's VRs of 22.8%, 17.4% is rather low. Viewers also commented that the ending of Last Friends [i think they refer to the last episode, and NOT the SP] was 'confusing and ambiguous'. The company president, Yutaka-san [豊田皓 --> anybody know how to read this Kanji? did not appear in my google results] admitted that it was a bit 'confusing and ambiguous', but nevertheless thanked the viewers for their support while explaining that the themes and issues addressed in the dorama were "difficult" ones.

source: http://myfirstgossipblog.blogspot.com/2 ... n-vrs.html
thanks for the news. I actually thought that the last episode as pretty fine and understandable. Maybe except Takeru's vague conversation of his past, but we can still come to a conclusion from there. Oh i'm not surprised with the SP's ratings at all, actually i'm surprised it's THAT HIGH even...i thought people would have abandoned it after knowing it's all just mostly recaps. :roll

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Jun 28th, '08, 18:45

^Yuuki wrote:zeiroc: Welcome back. I agree on what you said. And about Rumi's cup, she already has one~ Check out the end of the SP. No need to guess who got it for her. :roll
:lol Thanks ^Yuuki Thanks for all those picture goods too! I didn't even noticed the little Rumi cupey. And I didn't even notice how Ruka and Michiru's hands were under Rumi's little red cupey. Good eye ^Yuuki and m-ayu!
I guess I was in shock and awe at how the SP was just 9 minutes and didn't bother paying attention to the little cup and hands :-)

As much as I would like to think it means something, it think it's just the actor's own gestures...or could it mean....*pop* our own interpretations. -> Since Ruka is sitting in the middle and Rumi is to her left and Michiru is next to Rumi...they already seem like one happy family. Notice how they are kind of in the center couch.

Is it me or am I kinda overwhelmed by Takeru? I mean as much as I like the guy I can't help but feel like he had a bunch of screen time for the final episode and the SP.... or maybe b/c I was anticipating a Michiru/Ruka scene without a middleman?

I just can't get over how CUTE Rumi is!!!!! She melted my heart when she was walking past her mother in the graveyard..oh you take those little tiny steps Rumi! And I can't help but smile even more when Rumi was smiling the whole time in the last scene. That little 1 year old already has so much potential :-D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 28th, '08, 21:35

^Yuuki wrote:DVD is coming out on the 15th of October. Will have some extra stuff. The Eri~My Love spin-off series as well. 22800yen.
Pass.

Spend your hard-earned money on the Nodame box sets (regular season and SP). :thumright:
2muchsoda wrote:is there any drama she had with Yamapi?
Yuuuuck. :crazy:

hanapyupyu wrote:Preach it, sister. Ueno Juri made Last Friends watchable, even through its gawdawful moments of insanity and lack of character development. I think Asano should thank her lucky stars that Juri (and Eita) agreed to act in this mixed bag of a drama. Ruka's storyline and her friendship with Takeru was precisely why I was glued to the drama. Their awesome chemistry rose above the mediocrity of the 'DV-Lifetime movie of the week' theme. :thumright:
Right on. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jun 28th, '08, 23:00

What a great series so far. Though there're so much that could be done better. Anyway, I really appriciate the works from the writer, casts, and singer. Have anyone watch the whole series over again? I noticed certain things I missed out :blink lol Like the scene where Ruka stands beside Michiru by the river. It was sorta like an indirect confession to Michiru when Ruka gave an example howher dad loves her what he does.
I'm really appreciate this drama. Now it's all over....
A little something for "Last Friends" (in my attachment)
Attachments
Last Friends 1st art work.jpg
Last Friends 1st art work.jpg (144.37 KiB) Viewed 3739 times

dawnjadeyin

Post by dawnjadeyin » Jun 29th, '08, 02:23

^Yuuki wrote:DVD is coming out on the 15th of October. Will have some extra stuff. The Eri~My Love spin-off series as well. 22800yen.
what is the extra stuff included in the dvd?? is it the Eri-spin off ??

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 29th, '08, 02:35

i'm getting the DVD for sure. even though i already have the files and stuffs, but i still wanna own something for LF. :P And i want to see those Eri spin off, and hopefully there are behind the scenes too...

oh wow, that artwork looks nice! :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 29th, '08, 03:58

Looks like Sosuke's got a new girl (Sawajiri Erika) to beat up. :lol

airskape

Post by airskape » Jun 29th, '08, 12:16

isn't that from 1 litre of tears anyway?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 29th, '08, 12:59

airskape wrote:isn't that from 1 litre of tears anyway?
yup, that's from 1 litre of tears. That was also my first ever Ryo Nishikido's drama i've watched. I never really can look at him the same way now... :unsure:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 29th, '08, 14:25

avieamber wrote:
airskape wrote:isn't that from 1 litre of tears anyway?
yup, that's from 1 litre of tears. That was also my first ever Ryo Nishikido's drama i've watched. I never really can look at him the same way now... :unsure:
hes a pretty good actor then if you cant tell him from his character :roll

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 29th, '08, 14:37

i think its quite clear that LF's success isn't entirely based on the individual cast members as evident by the mediocre ratings of the drama in the beginning. A lot of people on this board are vocal about who they like, don't like, who made the show and who didn't -- but I think its a multitude of factors that contributed to the success of the drama in the last arc. As much as the show owes its popularity to the cast's chemistry and artistic abilities, it can go both ways. Given the diversity of the issues, I'd say the lead characters in LF owe their new legion of fans to the show.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 29th, '08, 15:27

avieamber wrote:thanks for the news. I actually thought that the last episode as pretty fine and understandable. Maybe except Takeru's vague conversation of his past, but we can still come to a conclusion from there. Oh i'm not surprised with the SP's ratings at all, actually i'm surprised it's THAT HIGH even...i thought people would have abandoned it after knowing it's all just mostly recaps.
Why did you think they have Ruka come out only at the last minute? Because they want people to literally watch until the final minute...and they probably did...>_>
zeiroc wrote: Is it me or am I kinda overwhelmed by Takeru? I mean as much as I like the guy I can't help but feel like he had a bunch of screen time for the final episode and the SP.... or maybe b/c I was anticipating a Michiru/Ruka scene without a middleman?
Heh, probably both. But even Ogurin had more screentime...
I just can't get over how CUTE Rumi is!!!!! She melted my heart when she was walking past her mother in the graveyard..oh you take those little tiny steps Rumi! And I can't help but smile even more when Rumi was smiling the whole time in the last scene. That little 1 year old already has so much potential :-D
Yeah~ Seeing Ruka like a papa coming home from work and playing with Rumi with Michiru mama on her other side, probably the only part I like about the episode. ^^
fayenatic wrote:i think its quite clear that LF's success isn't entirely based on the individual cast members as evident by the mediocre ratings of the drama in the beginning. A lot of people on this board are vocal about who they like, don't like, who made the show and who didn't -- but I think its a multitude of factors that contributed to the success of the drama in the last arc. As much as the show owes its popularity to the cast's chemistry and artistic abilities, it can go both ways. Given the diversity of the issues, I'd say the lead characters in LF owe their new legion of fans to the show.
Uhuh. Even as we complain about Michiru's way of thinking at the end, don't forget that all the character's dialogs came from the same person. Even Ruka and Takeru's. They tried their best to provide different viewpoints on all of the issues they touch on in the series. Rather than just go with what is generally the 'correct' choice. So, I still think the writer did an awesome job in building the characters by including both their strengths and their very human weaknesses. The actors and actresses were also great in portraying their characters and making us feel something. Whether it's annoyance, hate, love or a mixture of it all, there wasn't a single episode where there isn't a scene that touched us. (It's also true that this drama have probably made Japan stand up and notice the awesomeness that is Ueno Juri. Heheh. :mrgreen: )

@DeAngel999: Nice art~ ^^ Oh yeah, that harbour scene, I mentioned it before as well. One of my favorite episode in the series. Kinda as close as a confession that we got at that point. Ruka practically said, "I love you, that's why I will watch over you instead of stopping you". Michiru thanks her and asks Ruka if she can be her friend forever. Is that an indirect rejection? Haha. Probably just Michiru being oblivious like she is throughout the series.

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jun 29th, '08, 16:33

Finally decided to watch the SP (while waiting for euro2008 final to start). Man, that was pointless. All I really wanted was more Juri-chan. :cry:

airskape

Post by airskape » Jun 29th, '08, 16:37

yeah the SP was totally pointless..ruka had like 1 minute screen time at the end wtf?

m-ayu

Post by m-ayu » Jun 29th, '08, 16:39

Appearantly according to the writer, Michiru is straight.
Although it was kinda obvious, but nevertheless I'm bit dissappointed coz that means there would be small possibility for MichiRuka ending in the movie...... >< (if there's any movie that is)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 29th, '08, 17:20

airskape wrote:yeah the SP was totally pointless..ruka had like 1 minute screen time at the end wtf?
Knucklehead scriptwriting, that's the problem. :x

Like magicmusic said, the writer(s) pretty much made Sosuke a saint at the end... How utterly ridiculous is that??

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 29th, '08, 17:32

Ultimately, one of the biggest problems with this drama is the way it addressed the problems it brings up and the solutions to each. Everything was wrapped up waaaay too "neatly" in the last episodes...
Sousuke's sociopathism? Solved! He done kilt himself.
Michiru's self-esteem issue and relationship with her mother? Solved!
Ruka's gender identity disorder? Solved! She decided that she's comfortable in her female skin now, and told Takeru as much.
Eri's loneliness? Solved!... I guess... She got married, but I don't think that's much of a resolution for her issues.
Even Ogurin's problem of cowardice was solved by finally ending things with his wife and marrying Eri. To make it even more evident, they gave his character a little chance to show it in the SP scene too..

The only thing really left hanging was Takeru's thing with his family, and I think that's the only reason why they actually did the SP. The writers thought to themselves, dang... we missed one. So there you go. Forgiveness.

All neat and tidy like...

Meh... the character interactions were the more interesting part of this drama, but since it was overshadowed by all the DV melodrama, it didn't really make me want to watch each ep every week. So I didn't. Muri na Renai was much more touching, satisfying, and overall enjoyable. That was my favorite this season.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 29th, '08, 18:18

m-ayu wrote:Appearantly according to the writer, Michiru is straight.
Although it was kinda obvious, but nevertheless I'm bit dissappointed coz that means there would be small possibility for MichiRuka ending in the movie...... >< (if there's any movie that is)
As it is their relationship now is a strange one so I wouldn't be so sure about everything. So, here's my version to 2 of the questions:

--For Asano-san, this kind of ending, is it considered a happy ending?

I think that's a fairly happy end. Because it ends with the 3 of them together, even though Michiru doesn't know in what way she should accept Ruka's feelings. For me, I think Michiru is a totally straight woman. The way she feels, everything. It's something that can't be bridged. That's just they type of person she is(laughs). But as a human being, as someone precious to her, she accepts, and she is able to understand Ruka's feelings. It would normally just stop there. But still, the child connects them in a way, and so while having Ruka as such an existence to her, she chooses to live together. Also, Takeru is there too. The ending is probably something like, "While being in this delicate/complicated triangle relationship, let's go as far as we can go".

--Will Ruka go ahead with the operation after everything?

For the drama, we didn't go as far as depicting it, but I don't think she has thought about it since. Able to share her issues with Takeru and was accepted as who she is, and in that form, able to live together with Michiru at the end. As we discussed earlier(the parts i translated before this), Ruka is in what we say, not 100% GID, but a grey zone(the 2 opposite ends are lesbian and FtM). So, having people around her that accepts her true self, it is possible that she is able to live as the way she is. At least this is what I think. I believe in real life, it differs for each individual involved.

---
This interview was taken quite some time before the final aired or was filmed I think. (Since there seems to be separate opinions on how they should go with Eri's end...)

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 29th, '08, 18:52

^Yuuki wrote:
m-ayu wrote:Appearantly according to the writer, Michiru is straight.
As it is their relationship now is a strange one so I wouldn't be so sure about everything. So, here's my version to 2 of the questions:

--For Asano-san, this kind of ending, is it considered a happy ending?

I think that's a fairly happy end. Because it ends with the 3 of them together, even though Michiru doesn't know in what way she should accept Ruka's feelings. For me, I think Michiru is a totally straight woman. The way she feels, everything. It's something that can't be bridged. That's just they type of person she is(laughs). But as a human being, as someone precious to her, she accepts, and she is able to understand Ruka's feelings. It would normally just stop there. But still, the child connects them in a way, and so while having Ruka as such an existence to her, she chooses to live together. Also, Takeru is there too. The ending is probably something like, "While being in this delicate/complicated triangle relationship, let's go as far as we can go".

--Will Ruka go ahead with the operation after everything?

For the drama, we didn't go as far as depicting it, but I don't think she has thought about it since. Able to share her issues with Takeru and was accepted as who she is, and in that form, able to live together with Michiru at the end. As we discussed earlier(the parts i translated before this), Ruka is in what we say, not 100% GID, but a grey zone(the 2 opposite ends are lesbian and FtM). So, having people around her that accepts her true self, it is possible that she is able to live as the way she is. At least this is what I think. I believe in real life, it differs for each individual involved.

---
This interview was taken quite some time before the final aired or was filmed I think. (Since there seems to be separate opinions on how they should go with Eri's end...)
hmm in both versions it seems the word straight was mention as michiru being straightforward in her way of thinking and action instead of emphazing that she was heterosexual. like how she was so dedicated to sousake even though he beats her and everyone else tells her to leave him. Basically in her world there's only black and white until ruka came along and the gray area came in.

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jun 30th, '08, 00:26

Thank you all for appreciate my art. ( I got pretty much obssesed with LF and finally got my inspiration back ((maybe I should do some more lol :roll )). Back to the discussion, I think they should have SP 2. Like in Nodame. (which they film it a yr later? I might be wrong) They should've wait 2 weeks before they air the SP, which they can have more times to plan things out. Otherwise.. a SP 2 film a month from now should be better. T T they need to fill up the gap for the issues and character interactions. By the way, Does anyone have any news about the celebration night when Juri accompanied Utada to sing? :P I saw a few news' pictures of that day but nothing about translation (except for some from ^Yuuki) or vid about it.

The Chaotic Apathy

Post by The Chaotic Apathy » Jun 30th, '08, 04:38

bmwracer wrote:Looks like Sosuke's got a new girl (Sawajiri Erika) to beat up. :lol

Seeing that gave me chills...