Should i let go of him??

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
meredith

Should i let go of him??

Post by meredith » May 26th, '08, 17:10

well, there is this one guy, who was very handsome+rich+intelligent+kind.(all women's dreams). not long time ago, he confessed to me and he said he loves me and i trust him. our relationship gone pretty well until i cant handle anymore with his crazy fans so i decided to break-up. he told me he'll wait for me. but then, can i believe him? i know i can because he is someone you can trust. one day, he call me and said that his family wanted him to be with this one girl(as fiance) and he totally reject it. but then, he need to accept her as that girl's father hold a huge share on the company. so, what should i do? should i let him go? i knew he deserve someone better than me but i love him... :-(

ainawy

Post by ainawy » May 26th, '08, 18:02

supposedly your story is true then i would say .. you , can only answer this question ..

if you understand your own feelings then the answer should be right there infront of

you .. if i was in such a relationship with a women and she hesitated for a second then i

would walk away .. but again your not me therefore the answer can never be the

same .. i can understand what's at stake if he get's this shareholder angry for some

reason then it can put a question mark on the company's future which i presume is his

family's business and only soruce of financial security meaning it's failure can destroy

his family and the lives of a lot of people .. i guess when it comes to love there're

obstacles that you cann't overcome .. that's why sometimes walking away is the

greatest expression of love

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 26th, '08, 18:12

didnt seem like he was gonna wait for ya since he accepted the other girl and family business etc....imo i say let him go...he may be the richest guy on this planet but true happiness doesnt always come from wealth...material etc....why would you wanna be his future mistress or girlfriend on the side with you knowing that hes gonna marry the other girl someday....just doesnt make sense to me.....theres other guys looking for girlfriend wifey....give them a chance....you deserve better too.....sorry too lazy to write properly....stay happy girl....peace.....

edit....stay with him if hes willing to give up his fiance even if his family disagrees and he marries you....now thats true love in my book....as for his crazy fans....you shouldnt about those stuff....it goes to show ya hes someone special everyone wanna to be with...its a good thing i think....
Last edited by slowmoe on May 26th, '08, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

xvannie

Post by xvannie » May 26th, '08, 18:13

may i add, this sound like alot like hana your dango.
but your life isnt a drama plot. your love for this guy sounds so powerful, i admire it a lot.
its really hard to tell you what to do, but if youre really in love, give it a shot, but dont push it too much!
fighting! :cheers:

linwid

Post by linwid » May 26th, '08, 18:16

if u love him then dont let go of him. And u shouldn't care bout the fans. if he loves u he will reject them as he rejected the engagment. if he got guts to reject a engagement for u then he must really love u. and u love him to right? dont let go of this chanse. make him yours is what i think ;-) and money dont make people better. we all got our good and bad sides. dont say he deserves someone better. he obvisuily loves u and dont want anyone else. do u really want him to be with another girl? if u let go off him now, it may be your last chanse, then u mayb never will be able be with him. do as u heart tells u not what your brain says, thats my advice.

meredith

Post by meredith » May 27th, '08, 07:19

thanks everyone for the advices. i really do aprcte it... i know it's all depends on me. it's my feelings so i'm the one who need to choose whether to accpt him or not... but then, really, thanks. it helps me a lot.

but then, there's another thing..

just last night, he called me and said that he wanted to let go of the girl and the girl also agrees. it just now, their families will never allows it. and he also wanted to meet me this weekends. should i meet him? i guess he wanted me back.. but, i decided to let go of him (after thinking for quite a long time). should i tell him that i wanted to let go of him? i'm afraid he would be so upset about that cnsdrng his feelings for me...

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 27th, '08, 20:03

is loving someone this complicated in your country....not sure where you from....but here in the states....we have this thingy called living your own life for your own sake.....you marry him and only him....not his entire family....for me... my family relatives will show up for dinner on holidays.....thats it.....

blamvitaburst

Post by blamvitaburst » May 28th, '08, 03:15

Be his lifelong mistress and get all the good stuff at home while his wife goes off to other countries to check out spas and buy expensive bags. Yeeeeeah!

meredith

Post by meredith » May 28th, '08, 05:27

yeah i guess thats true."living your own life for your own sake". i should do that. this is my life and i should live my life to the fullest... thanks 4 d advises... nyway, if there's any other probs, i'll inform all of you. thx!! :D :P :wub: :cheers: :thumright: [/quote]

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 29th, '08, 02:04

a friendly advice... why dont you ask him to steal some money from his parents so that the two of you can get out of your country and disappear to the eyes of all the people that knows the two of you? if i was the guy and i really love you and we are that rich? i would do that for the sake of the one i love.... :D :lol :wub:

tadaima...

meredith

Post by meredith » May 29th, '08, 03:01

sorry.. but i dont think that's nice... he wasnt that type of guy. he wont run from his problems and leave his family behind. :roll eventhough his parents didnt want him to be with me, they are still his parents. he still love them... :wub: that's one of the reasons i like him

meredith

Post by meredith » May 29th, '08, 10:47

thank you everyone!!! :cheers: :cheers:
Attachments
i was at the beach when i suddenly remember u guys...
i was at the beach when i suddenly remember u guys...
Imaginaryfriends.jpg (122.88 KiB) Viewed 6839 times

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 30th, '08, 14:09

dont forget to send us the wedding invitation if you two end up together.. press on meredith...

meredith

Post by meredith » Jun 5th, '08, 02:31

zyrene wrote:dont forget to send us the wedding invitation if you two end up together.. press on meredith...
wah... i'm not sure if we end up getting married. haha... :lol but if we do, i will send invitation to you.. :D thx

Tofuspeedstar

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 5th, '08, 03:08

xvannie wrote:may i add, this sound like alot like hana your dango.
but your life isnt a drama plot. your love for this guy sounds so powerful, i admire it a lot.
its really hard to tell you what to do, but if youre really in love, give it a shot, but dont push it too much!
fighting! :cheers:
I was about to say that, lol.

meredith

Post by meredith » Jun 6th, '08, 14:05

meredith wrote: i guess he wanted me back.. but, i decided to let go of him
well, that was what i thought at first. but since then, i always think about him. he's not here near me anymore. when i told him i wanna break-up, he said he will wait for me. he gave me time to think about it. that was the first time i saw him crying .he even cry prettily=) (i know it's kinda weird for a guy to cry but its not that bad) he went to Korea to handle his family's company. i guess i can only met him when he get back here... :-( i felt really guilty for breaking his heart... :cry:

slumbery

Post by slumbery » Jun 30th, '08, 14:45

sound like in a movie .........
if this is true ... let go of him ...
this kind of family is not easy to get along with .....
you may not be happy as time pass ....
you can see all these family argument in movie, right ......
your story sound like those in the movie, perhaps you will have the same consequences too ......

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 30th, '08, 18:27

runaway with your boyfriend and ditch the family... you're not going to marry the family anyway, you are are going to be with the guy. the love of your life.

if you got the guts to do it. that's what most people does when they are truly madly deeply inlove with each other. DEFY ALL ODDS. if you think its right and the guy you love is in for it you guys would survive. as long as you guys believe you will survive. but if you do not believe in your relationship, then their's nothing you can do about it. letting go is the best way. (which some would consider a cowardly way) but that's the choices you have.

if all of the things you are saying true then the options are few. and yeah... it sounds like hana yori dango to me too.. lol :lol

angel's advocate

Post by angel's advocate » Jul 2nd, '08, 14:22

hey meredith, given the date of your last post, i'm not sure if this advice is still relevant but hey, if you're still thinking about it, here are probably some things you want to think about.

1. what is it YOU want in the long run? - will this relationship add to that or get in the way? if it's gets in the way, what's more important?

2. if his family persists in not excepting you then it is likely that he will be isolatedfrom his family, irrespective of whether you wish it or not.

3. if his family does at some point accept you, then based on what you've said, his family is likely to have a lot of political and social alliances to further their business and you will be expected to be part of this. this means that you will have to live your life under a public eye and be required to play social hostess. there will be a lot of emphasis on presenting yourself right and having the right etiquette. is this something you want for yourself?

meredith

hello again...

Post by meredith » Aug 16th, '08, 11:28

sorry for late reply. i went to a place where i have no computer or even internet. so, i'm sorry if i dont reply any of your messages...
anyway, thanks :lol i really appriciate your advices. may god bless all of you!! :cheers: [/quote]

meredith

just wanna tell you something...

Post by meredith » Aug 16th, '08, 11:43

hehe. i was quite bored so, let me tell you something about a friend.
his name is Elle. he was cute though...hehe. seriously. he has a personality that everyone will love! he's a good friend of mine.
one day, i felt weird consider that he doesnt have any girlfriend (with that kind of look??). he didnt answer straight away. later, he finally told me.
'my girlfriend is in heaven...', he smile and look down. i was very shock.
'really?'(didnt believe it...).
'yeah..cancer. and she didnt even told me anything about it... i only knew when she's in her critical phase'.
since that incident, he never let his heart open for another girl. how sad... such a cute, kind and rich guy... :roll . just for your info, i'm not in love with him.. he's just a friend. haha. that's elle[/img]
Attachments
logu_seeds_hearth_1600[1].jpg
logu_seeds_hearth_1600[1].jpg (151.7 KiB) Viewed 4637 times

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Aug 21st, '08, 09:41

Damn, girl, you have a knack for meeting rich guys... where the hell do you live? :lol

merou2

Post by merou2 » Aug 29th, '08, 03:48

i smell b/s, youve been watching too many jdramas, get back to your real life, and quit asking for advice that isnt true, and try to make something like this happen! drama queen......