[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Salz

Post by Salz » May 31st, '08, 03:30

does any know what happen to veoh coz it say Veoh is block in my country and veoh is not available anymore :cry:
that is my best source of download....
why this is happening???????????

Leyy

Post by Leyy » May 31st, '08, 04:10

the last scene is so emotionally, i couldn't hardly breathe..i wasn't cryingloudly..but tears were falling uncontrollably...eita sa soo good in playing that part..i don't understand japanese but both of them relayed their feelings to me..i felt what they felt during that piart ...juri is just soo amazing!!!

i know that there might not be romance between the two of them..but there's a deep emotion binding them together which is actually beyond romance...beyond temporary emotions.....goodness, i can't wait for the next episode!!!!!

off to rewatch that last part!!! lol!

spyefox

Post by spyefox » May 31st, '08, 06:27

Salz wrote:does any know what happen to veoh coz it say Veoh is block in my country and veoh is not available anymore :cry:
that is my best source of download....
why this is happening???????????
hi salz...yep it must be only your country cos I have no problem connecting to veoh and watching it online.

Somehow I still opt downloading from d-addicts. Cheers :thumleft:

finished download ep 8 hours ago and now silently waiting for the English sub to come
out either from seri or suketeru :-)

son2

Post by son2 » May 31st, '08, 06:47

magicmusic wrote:Y'all are wrong about everything! Ruka is not IN LOVE with Takeru!
I guess you have never had the unfortunate luck to be gay and desperately in love with a friend who won't return your affections. After a point in time it just becomes too painful to keep hoping for something you know will never happen. So you start to distance yourself to protect your heart. That's what Ruka is doing. That's why it seems-to the untrained eye- that she could now care less about Michiru. That's why she only gave Michiru a handshake on the way out. But couldn't you see in her eyes how much more she wanted to say? Or do?

Ruka still loves Michiru. Ruka's love for Takeru is purely of friendship. Takeru is the kind of guy that even I (who is a huge lesbian) could have touchy-feely feelings for. You guys don't know what it means to just be coming out and feel all alone and disgusting in what you are. To have a good friend support you means more than the world because, at that point, there is nothing else. When I first came out I told one friend. To be able to be myself ONLY around him gave us a connection I could have with no one else at the time. It's a powerful connection. Maybe y'all don't understand that.
i understand... really understand.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 07:01

sarah117 wrote:can't help myself to watch the RAW ep8, eventhough i don't understand japanese at all~!! :P
can't believe Ruka and Michiru just shook each other's hand before Ruka's depart!!! how come~??!! as best friends, they should at least hug each other and cry like a baby~!! :hissy:

and also when Ruka took his mug, she stared at Takeru's mug and not Michiru's~??!! :scratchchin:
Yeah, it was totally weird and formal.
I can totally understand why Ruka did it. Hugging Michiru would still be too much for her. In episode 1 even, she seemed kinda awkward when Michiru hugged her. She's not the type to think "I'm gonna use this chance to hug you to death!". Haha. But Michiru, you can see her reluctance in letting go. She should have jumped Ruka and ask her not to go but at least Takeru did it for us... And I think looking at the mug prompt Ruka to write that letter to Takeru.
siutou_amy and other new posters: Welcome. Or should I say 'Okaeri'? Shall I ask Takeru to prepare some coffee?=)
crisdrag wrote:I don't understand Japanese at all so I don't know what they have spoken in ep 8 but in my opinion:

The fact that Michiru and Ruka didn't hug it's not because Ruka doesn't love her anymore. When you love someone secretly for such a long time, like Ruka loves Michiru, it's very difficult to show any emotion with that person, especially if it's a forbidden love. Ruka even said that she cannot be gentle with Michiru because she's afraid to lose her. I think it's enough only to see the way Ruka looks at Michiru to realise her feelings. Plus, Ruka clearly told Takeru that she cannot return his feelings that she likes someone else!
Takeru was the only person ever with whom Ruka can open up and the only person to understand her, without being afraid of rejection. When Ruka looked at Takeru's mug (I noticed that too!) I think it was because she thought about telling him the truth, writing him that letter. The hug at the end of the episode was a hug of friends who understand and accept each other, because they both have issues and secrets and pains.

I think Takeru's beating will happen in the middle of ep.9. In the preview there is his sister, dressed in black !, who rushes in a room. And I think Ruka will receive a call about Takeru too. I think Takeru will die but I hope he is the one telling Michiru about Ruka.
Michiru, confused and in pain, decides to run away, thus the "betrayal" and "disepear from Ruka's sight".

Right now I believe that in the end Michiru and Ruka will meet again. And as much as I hope for a happy ending, like the two of them together , I think they will remain just friends...the "last friends".
But if they put them together romantically they would have created an extraordinary drama and make history...are they brave enough to do that?
I agree on the first paragraph. But about Takeru's beating, I think they'll use it at the end of the episode as a transition to the next one. His sister came early in the episode to the share house. Michiru opened the door for her but I think Takeru wasn't around...(eheh, I kinda already read the summary).

And I think Ruka might have told Takeru more in the letter. Probably about her feelings for Michiru too? Since he did say something like "I understand now, the reason you can't answer my feelings (for you)". They didn't let us know what Ruka said for sure about herself so that could lead to something like...Michiru finding out the letter Ruka wrote to Takeru? Hmm, interesting.

About the ending, yeah, I strongly believe they'll meet too. They need closure. I think they'll probably leave the ending for us to interpret instead of a clear cut one. It'll be pretty great if they end up happily together but I'll be content if they end up happy and the 'last friends'. Friendship that will never change no matter what.
ShikyoxYaiba wrote:
^Yuuki wrote:EPISODE 8
I'm going overseas in half a year's time for an operation.
The real me is...
Thank you. I was happy when you told me you love me.
I should have told you my problems then, but I didn't have the courage.
It shocked me when you confessed to me. But I didn't want to disillusion you(not sure about this part).
Talking face to face is really scary afterall (scene shows Ruka looking at Michiru), that's why I wrote this letter.
I have always lived by lying to others around me. But Takeru, because you are the first person to say that you love me, because you are the one that opened your heart to me, that's why I can't lie to you.
Takeru, I...the real me is....
(basically she told him but in what exact words, we don't know. )
... .__________. Face to face...TAKERU'S SHIRT ANYONE? *twitch* That is totally weird...
Lol. The t-shirts are talking again. I've mentioned some stuff about Ruka's t-shirts before. This post and this one. =3

Leyy: To be able to feel that much without understanding a word they're saying proves just how great that whole scene is and how awesome Eita and Juri is as actors. I feel bad for Masami whenever she has a scene with any one of them. Heh. And with the two of them around, it's easy to see the difference in ability. She does have her own moments but it's pretty inconsistent.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 31st, '08, 08:50

^Yuuki wrote:siutou_amy and other new posters: Welcome. Or should I say 'Okaeri'? Shall I ask Takeru to prepare some coffee?=)
yeah, i would be very delighted~!! :lol
(the effect of Last Friends to me is sooo great that i can't resist to post comments in this thread!! :mrgreen:)

p/s: still waiting 'silently' for the eng sub.. :P

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 09:25

The three of them should run away and start a rock band together~

Monthly Wind and Rock [Kaze to Rock]

Ahh, kinda gives you a nostalgic feel for some weird reason.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 14:35

More image have been uploaded onto Ruka's album(that's what I think it is) at the Last Friends Another site.
That kid is cute~ Hope he doesn't grow up to be Sosuke, lol.

cuatro

Post by cuatro » May 31st, '08, 15:06

i cant w8 for the english subs i already downloaded the raw, so the minute the subs appear i can watch it..

any idea when will episode 8 englisht sub will come out?

spyefox

Post by spyefox » May 31st, '08, 15:29

cuatro wrote:any idea when will episode 8 englisht sub will come out?
when it's ready. been waiting all day, maybe tomorrow ..keeping my fingers cross for sooner :D

daegun

Post by daegun » May 31st, '08, 15:44

have you eevr thought of the fact, who the father of michiru's baby might be and who will die??? cause in the beginning we see her pregnant and she says something about "preventing that death"??? ^^

i think it's sousuke's baby and that takeru dies

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 31st, '08, 16:16

Yuuki, what are they doing exactly, in the Monthly Wind and Rock [Kaze to Rock] photo? judging from the haircuts, it must be recent rite?

Salz

Post by Salz » May 31st, '08, 17:48

thanks for all the pic ^Yuuki :D
Last edited by Salz on May 31st, '08, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

minigoo

Post by minigoo » May 31st, '08, 17:52

Yuuki:
where did you get the comic scans?
is that a comic based on Last Friends drama?

Salz

Post by Salz » May 31st, '08, 18:19

HQ pic

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 18:19

sarah117 wrote:Yuuki, what are they doing exactly, in the Monthly Wind and Rock [Kaze to Rock] photo? judging from the haircuts, it must be recent rite?
The header there says "Triple Alternatives" so I guess it's something like what they would be doing together if they were in an alternate universe? Lol. The answer from what I can see would be to have a rock band together. Juri on the drums, Masami and Eita with the electric guitars. Of course, you can barely see them, I don't know if they think it's artistic or what but it's certainly interesting. =3

(preview...it's supposed to be the latest issue. And it's free btw, so anyone in Japan, go grab some for me~)

Salz: It's my pleasure~ (Btw, ur siggy there says baidu wif no pic. they don't allow hotlinking, heh, I learned it through you)

minigoo: Yeah, the manga is based on the drama but from Ruka's perspective. The prologue was released early May in a woman's magazine. Next issue should be next month...

P/S: I translated the summary for episode 9. Will post when more people have seen ep8. ^^

gustov

Post by gustov » May 31st, '08, 18:36

^Yuuki wrote:That kid is cute~ Hope he doesn't grow up to be Sosuke, lol.

hahahahahaha

Salz

Post by Salz » May 31st, '08, 18:44

^Yuuki
owh i forgot bout the hotlinking^^"
btw can u c the pic that i post at the pages before???
im not too good at posting pic it might hotlinking again lol^^"

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 31st, '08, 18:47

Salz: Love your signature pics! My favourite one is the one from ep 9!!! Oooh! Their faces are dangerously close!!! :wub: hahahah Oh I love this show!!

Salz

Post by Salz » May 31st, '08, 18:49

yeah i luv the pic^^
their face is super close<3333333333
hope they not going to cut that scene^^"

Leyy

Post by Leyy » May 31st, '08, 19:11

siutou_amy and other new posters: Welcome. Or should I say 'Okaeri'? Shall I ask Takeru to prepare some coffee?=)
thanks yuuki :) i wonder which mug should i use..??? hmm...at this point after watching epi 8, i'd pick takeru's...i would love to hug ruka and assure her that i love her no matter what...:lol episode 8 is just soo good i couldn't help but post here...sumimasen minna...
Leyy: To be able to feel that much without understanding a word they're saying proves just how great that whole scene is and how awesome Eita and Juri is as actors. I feel bad for Masami whenever she has a scene with any one of them. Heh. And with the two of them around, it's easy to see the difference in ability. She does have her own moments but it's pretty inconsistent.

they are indeed great actors...no dialogues needed...must have ben hard fo masami though, pitted against 2 awesome actors, good thing she has a weak and indecisive character and it just complements and highlights juri and eita talent.

thank yuuki for the pics...and salz for the hq ones...they were having a blast just being together...kawaii!!

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 31st, '08, 19:26

magicmusic wrote:Y'all are wrong about everything! Ruka is not IN LOVE with Takeru!
I guess you have never had the unfortunate luck to be gay and desperately in love with a friend who won't return your affections. After a point in time it just becomes too painful to keep hoping for something you know will never happen. So you start to distance yourself to protect your heart. That's what Ruka is doing. That's why it seems-to the untrained eye- that she could now care less about Michiru. That's why she only gave Michiru a handshake on the way out. But couldn't you see in her eyes how much more she wanted to say? Or do?

Ruka still loves Michiru. Ruka's love for Takeru is purely of friendship. Takeru is the kind of guy that even I (who is a huge lesbian) could have touchy-feely feelings for. You guys don't know what it means to just be coming out and feel all alone and disgusting in what you are. To have a good friend support you means more than the world because, at that point, there is nothing else. When I first came out I told one friend. To be able to be myself ONLY around him gave us a connection I could have with no one else at the time. It's a powerful connection. Maybe y'all don't understand that.
AGREED 300%. IMO, Ruka is not confused about who she loves. Its more like she is holding back from her to hide how she feels, thats why no hug scenes with Michiru. :goggle:
Takeru and Ruka's FRENShip bond as fren is soooo strong compared to RukaXMichiru FRENShip bond....mainly becuz Ruka has feelings for Michiru, more than as a fren..that explains the barrier between them. Ruka cant tell her everything bout her feelings cuz she scared that it will push Michiru away. The painful expression on Ruka at the park scene explains all. Now with the special connection (Takeru and Ruka), their bond would be stronger than ever! Others mite interpret them the other way so i tink Michiru will think the same (more misunderstanding..sigh)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 20:25

saved1122 wrote:
AGREED 300%. IMO, Ruka is not confused about who she loves. Its more like she is holding back from her to hide how she feels, thats why no hug scenes with Michiru. :goggle:
Takeru and Ruka's FRENShip bond as fren is soooo strong compared to RukaXMichiru FRENShip bond....mainly becuz Ruka has feelings for Michiru, more than as a fren..that explains the barrier between them. Ruka cant tell her everything bout her feelings cuz she scared that it will push Michiru away. The painful expression on Ruka at the park scene explains all. Now with the special connection (Takeru and Ruka), their bond would be stronger than ever! Others mite interpret them the other way so i tink Michiru will think the same (more misunderstanding..sigh)
I'll be looking forward to a real hug scene(now that TakeRuka one at the end of ep8 is what a REAL hug is) between MichiRuka. In episode 9, she'll look at their relationship and while she might feel happy for them, she would be jealous at the same time. But who will she be envious of? Ruka or Takeru? Probably both but hopefully she'll stop a while and think why she feels like that.
Monthly Kaze to Rock HQ scans:
(I've included some of what Salz posted as well)

Update 2(2/6):

Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 1st, '08, 18:18, edited 2 times in total.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 31st, '08, 20:39

thanx Yuuki.. watching them together, i'm very happy~ :lol

p/s: OMG, i'm dying for ep8's Eng Sub~ still no sign of it. I think seri and suketeru are very busy right now.. :cry:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 31st, '08, 20:52

sarah117 wrote:thanx Yuuki.. watching them together, i'm very happy~ :lol

p/s: OMG, i'm dying for ep8's Eng Sub~ still no sign of it. I think seri and suketeru are very busy right now.. :cry:
No prob. I'm happy too. It does seem like they're in another universe there. ^^

I know Suketeru is busy since I'm keeping her busy. Lol. I guess I should stop distracting her with all the goodies...but don't worry, should be soon. =3

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 31st, '08, 22:20

This is the 1 time in my life I'm wishing a threeway couple could be legitimate. Those scans are SO cute, Yuuki :wub:

Hey...anyone know what is going on with Kioku? Thank God for soft subs, but I like to make DVDs of "Last Friends." Why is Kioku so behind on releases?

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 1st, '08, 00:52

Episode 06 is in the torrents pending section.

I think it's hard for them, as its probably around finals time right now.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 1st, '08, 01:22

magicmusic wrote:Hey...anyone know what is going on with Kioku? Thank God for soft subs, but I like to make DVDs of "Last Friends." Why is Kioku so behind on releases?
You can always hardsub the videos yourself, using the softsubs. :thumright:

You just need to download and install a couple of (free) programs to get the job done.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 1st, '08, 02:08

bmwracer wrote:
magicmusic wrote:Hey...anyone know what is going on with Kioku? Thank God for soft subs, but I like to make DVDs of "Last Friends." Why is Kioku so behind on releases?
You can always hardsub the videos yourself, using the softsubs. :thumright:

You just need to download and install a couple of (free) programs to get the job done.
Yeah, I know how to do that...but I prefer Kioku's cuz I think the quality is overall better. Plus their translations are really good.

Lukia, glad to hear ep 6 is pending! I forgot that it's finals time. For us workers it's business as usual :lol

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 1st, '08, 02:15

Yup. Eh. For us high school people, it's cram time. -.-" icky icky icky.

By the way, this morning I couldn't stand not watching this for so long (I was waiting for hardsubs), so I downloaded the raws and watched with softs. When I was done, I checked the torrent pending and saw the release. Eeeeeh. Ah, well. I'll be probably end up watching ep. 8 with softs, too. :D

Watching this series has made me really, really like Eita. And Juri is so gorgeous...I can't see why people would mistake her as a man.

Getting past that, I want Eita to end up with...both Ruka and Michiru. I still can't decide... Personally, I think they overdid it a little with Eita having issues, too. Oh, well.

Must go back to studying now. -.-"

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 1st, '08, 04:56

Oh my goodness, I could NEVER wait for hardsubs! I can hardly wait for Thurs. night as it is! I watch LF in Japanese (can't understand so much though).

I LOVE Eita! He and Juri are the stars of this drama, for sure. Their acting is amazing, and personally I wouldn't mind it if Takeru, Michiru and Ruka could all live happily ever after. Like in "A Home At the End of the World." :-)

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 1st, '08, 05:06

Eh. I can only understand 10% at most, and I don't feel like guessing and feeling like my Japanese is crappy throughout watching the whole episode. XD So now I guess I'll be using softsubs. For some reason, sometimes Vobsub doesn't pick up the subs, so I have to watch in a subbing program, and then I can't use my beautiful full-screen. :'(

Yup...Well, I think Michiru's good at acting, too. But her part's weaker, so her acting is naturally also "weaker."

chocotaco2308

Post by chocotaco2308 » Jun 1st, '08, 05:24

best ep cant wait till 9[/u]

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 1st, '08, 05:33

suketeru's Episode 8 subs are out: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1021008 :thumright:

Leyy

Post by Leyy » Jun 1st, '08, 06:30

ureshi!!!! :D

thanks for the heads up, bmwracer!!!!

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 1st, '08, 06:44

Just finished watching the ep 8 with suketeru's sub. Wow! this is the saddest eps so far and my chest is still hurting. I can't believe that I cry ...:cry:
so damn sad...really powerful performance by both juri and eita :salut:

can't wait for next episode 9..

p/s i hope sousuke killed himself in the next episode. He's so evil. Just a wishful thinking lol

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 06:54

magicmusic wrote:Oh my goodness, I could NEVER wait for hardsubs! I can hardly wait for Thurs. night as it is! I watch LF in Japanese (can't understand so much though).

I LOVE Eita! He and Juri are the stars of this drama, for sure. Their acting is amazing, and personally I wouldn't mind it if Takeru, Michiru and Ruka could all live happily ever after. Like in "A Home At the End of the World." :-)
I'm thankful for my otaku background else I wouldn't be able to understand a thing either. Watching subbed anime for the past few years does help one to learn. I haven't taken any Japanese lessons before. ^^ It would be an excruciating wait for the subs otherwise(even though for LF, gotta thank the softsubbers for doing such a speedy job).

Yeah, I think this is the first time for me too, hoping for the 3 of them to live happily ever after together. Of course, don't forget the baby~! We would have Michiru mama, Ruka is obviously the papa, lol, Takeru can certainly take over both roles when Michiru and Ruka have their alone time. LOL. Wow, so Sailormoon-ish. I guess that makes Takeru Sailor Pluto? Haha, j/k... :mrgreen:

Btw, episode 8's title is "The Last Letter"...The question is...for who? It's probably another bad sign for our little 'threesome'...^^;

Good news, Last Friends got the No.1 ranking in a poll conducted by Oricon Style magazine~
『オリスタ読者が選ぶ好きな春ドラマランキング』 BEST5
Your favourite spring drama ranking. Best 5:

1位/『ラスト・フレンズ』(フジ系) (Last Friends)
2位/『ROOKIES-ルーキーズ-』(TBS系) (Rookies...hmm, I probably should check this out)
3位/『ごくせん』(日テレ系) (Gokusen 3)
4位/『おせん』(日テレ系) (Osen)
5位/『CHANGE』(フジ系) (CHANGE...poor KimuTaku...haha)

Utada Hikaru's Prisoner of Love got No.1 too in the favourite drama song~ :D

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 1st, '08, 07:13

so happy LF got no1 and Rookies no2....
both drama is obviously the best this season^^
but poor Kimutaku lol got beaten by all his kohai^^"
yeah u r right Takeru is Sailor Pluto and their child should be Sailor Saturn/Hotaru coz those 3 lives together to take care of her when she turn into babies....
that would be perfect sailormoon liveaction^^

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 1st, '08, 07:19

Ugh...I do not like the whole TakeruxRuka angle at all. But whatever, I don't think it's going to end up that way.
I do agree that the actors portraying these characters are outstanding. I wish Michiru had a bit more going for her other than the whole DV crap.

LOL @ Salz
I think Takeru = Seiya (manga version) :whistling: This deserves a fanfiction~ xD
Man this drama has got me reminiscing...lmao.

I bet the non Moon-fans are getting fed up with these comparisons. :lol

And OMG @ the preview
Takeru getting his ass beat up by Sousuke...but common, who didn't see that coming? I wonder if he will go after Ruka as well. Sousuke is no longer a woman beater, he beats all sexes! YAY! Now it's fair~ *j/k*

Michiru likes someone else now? OH GOD, please let it be Ruka and not Takeru. Urgh *bangs head on keyboard* af3dfqerefbq3

Apparently that chick that bullies Michiru is being bullied as well. Oh wow, I feel so sorry for her </sarcasm> :roll

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 1st, '08, 07:29

Seiya???
i dun remember much but she is the singer who crossdress as a guy like Haruka and like Usagi??
sorry im TakeRuka shippers so im happy with their development even just as best friend^^

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 1st, '08, 07:34

^Yuuki wrote:I'm thankful for my otaku background else I wouldn't be able to understand a thing either. Watching subbed anime for the past few years does help one to learn. I haven't taken any Japanese lessons before. ^^ It would be an excruciating wait for the subs otherwise(even though for LF, gotta thank the softsubbers for doing such a speedy job).
Yuuki, lucky you for understanding japanese :D I was learning japanese 2 years ago until i became obsessed with chinese drama condor heroes and abandoned it for mandarin. Last Friends really get me really excited to learn japanese now except my brain can't process 2 new languages at one time LOL

I'm hoping for a happy ending for LF else I'm gonna be grieving for months after the drama ends LOL

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 1st, '08, 07:39

Salz wrote:Seiya???
i dun remember much but she is the singer who crossdress as a guy like Haruka and like Usagi??
sorry im TakeRuka shippers so im happy with their development even just as best friend^^
I just want Ruka to be happy..don't really care if she'll end up with either Takeru or Michiru or both. Don't know why i have a soft spot in my heart for Ruka :P

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 1st, '08, 07:43

Salz wrote:sorry im TakeRuka shippers
:crazy:

lol jk

*BOWS TO YOU* :notworthy:

Yes, we all want Ruka to be happy. Yes, that's right. >_> <_<
*cough*RukaMichiru*cough*

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 07:54

spyefox wrote: Yuuki, lucky you for understanding japanese :D I was learning japanese 2 years ago until i became obsessed with chinese drama condor heroes and abandoned it for mandarin. Last Friends really get me really excited to learn japanese now except my brain can't process 2 new languages at one time LOL

I'm hoping for a happy ending for LF else I'm gonna be grieving for months after the drama ends LOL
Lol. Condor Heroes huh? I can't read chinese but at least I can understand when I watch those Cantonese and Mandarin dramas. I guess you sorta pick up the language if you've been watching them since young.

I'm hoping for it not to be a sad ending. Something bittersweet but hopeful would be good enough. Ruka deserves to be happy though. ^^

QNSpider: That pairing is called MichiRuka. Like TakeRuka. Haha, did they think it in advanced? "People are gonna be pairing them up so lets make it easier for them." Don't see how Takeru/Michiru would work though so they obviously had no intention of letting them be together. =3

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 1st, '08, 08:11

QNSpider wrote:
Salz wrote:sorry im TakeRuka shippers
:crazy:

lol jk

*BOWS TO YOU* :notworthy:

Yes, we all want Ruka to be happy. Yes, that's right. >_> <_<
*cough*RukaMichiru*cough*
lol u dun have to sound so irritated with im liking TakeRuka pairing....
i never say anything bad bout MichiRuka....they cute together but im more of TakeRuka...
not that im saying they r in love with each other or something eventhough it will be great if they are for my own satisfaction but this is not what the story about.....but i will be happy as long as TakeRuka have plenty of scenes together and comfortable with each other.....as long as Ruka smile and happy that will be great....just friendship sometime is better than love.....
not everyone like the same thing lol so PEACE :salut:
even TakeRukaMichi together at the end would be fantastic eventhough from the first ep it is not likely a happy ending :pale:

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 1st, '08, 08:13

owh i loooveeee this Ep8~!!! finally with the sub, i can understand better now. lol.. thanx to suketeru. :wub:
spyefox wrote:I just want Ruka to be happy..don't really care if she'll end up with either Takeru or Michiru or both. Don't know why i have a soft spot in my heart for Ruka :P
yeah, i'm agree with u. Ruka is my favourite, so as long as she's happy, i'll be happy too, no matter who she'll be ended with.. :lol
i feel sorry for michiru though. imagine how she feels when she realizes that she don't even know her own best friend's feelings. (i'm very sensitive about friendship, since i treasure it very much.. :-) )

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 1st, '08, 08:23

Salz wrote: lol u dun have to sound so irritated with im liking TakeRuka pairing....
I know. That's why I added "lol jk"

As they say, "To each his own", I guess. xD
Salz wrote:....just friendship sometime is better than love.....
I agree with this statement. I do like their friendship. It's very strong and there is a lot of understanding. I want a friend like that. ;_;
^Yuuki wrote: QNSpider: That pairing is called MichiRuka.
Yeah I know (I really should know) I didn't use it though. XD
Last edited by QNSpider on Jun 1st, '08, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 1st, '08, 08:47

what does jk mean actually^^"
"just kidding"??
yeah to have a friend like Takeru is great^^

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 1st, '08, 10:43

I don't think Ruka is going to go ahead with the operations. She was confused cos she felt like a man trapped in a woman's body but emotionally she's a woman rather than a man. In the letter she wrote to Takeru, she mentioned that she's happy when Takeru told her he loved her. Maybe she confused about being physically a man would actually make her feel better. Later when her friends accepted her as who she really was, maybe she accepted herself as a woman rather than a man.

As for love, I don't think Ruka will fell in love with Takeru as she is already deeply in love with Michiru. People just don't fall out of love with someone just like that. Just looked at how crazily obsessive Sousuke can be with Michiru. I agree with someone's post earlier about staying away from someone whom you love just to protect yourself from getting more deeply hurt.

Lastly, I have a strong feeling that it's Sousuke the one that died.Michiru left cos she blamed herself or felt responsible for his death or maybe she didn't want to burden Ruka more knowing she's pregnant with Sousuke's baby. When she's alone then her brain started to figure out about Ruka, Takeru and the whole situation or she left Ruka cos she can't return Ruka's love for her
My 1 cent worth of thought about the whole situation. Sorry for long rambling. Can't wait for 4 more episodes :-)

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 1st, '08, 11:45

spyefox wrote: Can't wait for 4 more episodes :-)
But isn't it only 3 more?

BTW, just watched ep 8 again with subs.
Wow, I missed that whole scene with Ruka and Eri burning the letters. It's interesting to me what Ruka said- that love to her is being able to pull away, for the sake of the loved one. After having been through what she's going through, maybe she is right. I wish I'd taken her tactic instead of crazy Sousuke's.
Anyway, I was right!

ashton

Post by ashton » Jun 1st, '08, 12:18

Hey everyone. I'm new here, as i'm sure you all can tell. I've been following this thread for a while and i finally decided to register because i can't help but throw in my two cents (or five).
First of all, i just wanted to tackle some of the recent "omg Takeru/Ruka or Ruka/Michiru?!" comments. Do i think Ruka loves Michiru? Sure. But i don't think it's the same overpowering level of love we witnessed in the beginning of the series. Either that, or i'm just not picking up on any chemistry. I'm starting to think that although Ruka still cares for Michiru, she knows that it wouldn't be a happy, golden relationship.

Now as for the Takeru/Ruka discussion, there are a couple of things i'd like to point out- and most important among them are the concerns that Ruka won't go through with the surgery or will somehow find herself content with being a woman. Being transgendered isn't usually something one is "confused" about. Although some people don't develop the feeling that something is "wrong" until they're a bit older, most transgendered people know they're different even as children. For many, it's a feeling as innate as knowing you're left-handed or right-handed.

I, for one, don't see her backing out of it. And even if she does, that doesn't mean that she's just "decided" to be a woman. There are plenty of reasons transgendered people choose not to go through with surgery or hormone therapy and many instead try to do what they can without those medical procedures. So if Ruka backs out for some reason (whether because she's found someone who will accept her no matter what, or for some other thing), she's still going to feel like a man on the inside, despite any "feminine emotions" she has.

There's also the fact that Ruka has gone so far as to see a psychiatrist. It's hard enough for someone in America to work up the courage to get that far. Imagine what it must be like for someone in Japan, where the very thought of seeing a psychiatrist- for any reason- is so highly discouraged that it's almost taboo. If she's worked up the nerve to seek advice from a therapist, she's pretty darn serious. There's no way Ruka is going to simply be "comfortable" as a woman, even if she (or should i say "he"?) accepts her body.

And, of course, there's also the concern that Ruka might turn "straight" for Takeru. For starters, they're kindred spirits. I'd go so far as to say that they're soul mates. That doesn't necessarily imply a romantic relationship, merely that they're emotionally as close to one another as people can get. And if Ruka does eventually return Takeru's feelings and their relationship becomes non-platonic, who's to say that's made Ruka straight? Since Ruka is transgendered, wouldn't we be just as able to say that they'd be gay and/or bisexual men? (Trust me, it's totally possible.)

And no matter what the details might be, what would be so wrong with Ruka and Takeru ending up together? Like i said, it doesn't mean Ruka isn't as queer as a football bat. To be honest, i'd much rather see them together than to Ruka and Michiru. Ruka and Michiru would never work out; if they did end up together, it wouldn't last and Ruka would, at the very least, be uncomfortable. I prefer the Ruka/Takeru pairing because they actually deserve each other. I can relate to Ruka and i have an inexplicable fondness for Takeru, and i think they actually go well together. It would be a comfortable, open, happy, and honest relationship- and theirs is already the healthiest relationship in the entire series.

Okay. That's probably long enough. I'm done. For now, at least.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 1st, '08, 13:47

ashton wrote:Hey everyone. I'm new here, as i'm sure you all can tell. I've been following this thread for a while and i finally decided to register because i can't help but throw in my two cents (or five).
First of all, i just wanted to tackle some of the recent "omg Takeru/Ruka or Ruka/Michiru?!" comments. Do i think Ruka loves Michiru? Sure. But i don't think it's the same overpowering level of love we witnessed in the beginning of the series. Either that, or i'm just not picking up on any chemistry. I'm starting to think that although Ruka still cares for Michiru, she knows that it wouldn't be a happy, golden relationship.

Now as for the Takeru/Ruka discussion, there are a couple of things i'd like to point out- and most important among them are the concerns that Ruka won't go through with the surgery or will somehow find herself content with being a woman. Being transgendered isn't usually something one is "confused" about. Although some people don't develop the feeling that something is "wrong" until they're a bit older, most transgendered people know they're different even as children. For many, it's a feeling as innate as knowing you're left-handed or right-handed.

I, for one, don't see her backing out of it. And even if she does, that doesn't mean that she's just "decided" to be a woman. There are plenty of reasons transgendered people choose not to go through with surgery or hormone therapy and many instead try to do what they can without those medical procedures. So if Ruka backs out for some reason (whether because she's found someone who will accept her no matter what, or for some other thing), she's still going to feel like a man on the inside, despite any "feminine emotions" she has.

There's also the fact that Ruka has gone so far as to see a psychiatrist. It's hard enough for someone in America to work up the courage to get that far. Imagine what it must be like for someone in Japan, where the very thought of seeing a psychiatrist- for any reason- is so highly discouraged that it's almost taboo. If she's worked up the nerve to seek advice from a therapist, she's pretty darn serious. There's no way Ruka is going to simply be "comfortable" as a woman, even if she (or should i say "he"?) accepts her body.

And, of course, there's also the concern that Ruka might turn "straight" for Takeru. For starters, they're kindred spirits. I'd go so far as to say that they're soul mates. That doesn't necessarily imply a romantic relationship, merely that they're emotionally as close to one another as people can get. And if Ruka does eventually return Takeru's feelings and their relationship becomes non-platonic, who's to say that's made Ruka straight? Since Ruka is transgendered, wouldn't we be just as able to say that they'd be gay and/or bisexual men? (Trust me, it's totally possible.)

And no matter what the details might be, what would be so wrong with Ruka and Takeru ending up together? Like i said, it doesn't mean Ruka isn't as queer as a football bat. To be honest, i'd much rather see them together than to Ruka and Michiru. Ruka and Michiru would never work out; if they did end up together, it wouldn't last and Ruka would, at the very least, be uncomfortable. I prefer the Ruka/Takeru pairing because they actually deserve each other. I can relate to Ruka and i have an inexplicable fondness for Takeru, and i think they actually go well together. It would be a comfortable, open, happy, and honest relationship- and theirs is already the healthiest relationship in the entire series.

But why do 2 people who share a beautiful relationship always have to end up as lovers? Can't they just have a beautiful relationship as friends?
On the Ruka points, I still believe Ruka is genderqueer and not trans. She hasn't actually expressed any desire to be a man (aside from the surgery stuff). Rather she keeps saying she doesn't wanna be considered ANY gender. She just wants to live as a human being.

Maybe I'm wrong. And maybe I'm a bit bitter because I think that, by the writers making Ruka trans, it somehow takes away from the fact that she is megagay in love with Michiru. I think a lot of Japanese people will just view Ruka as a "boy" in love with a girl. In that way no great strides will have been made in helping the gay people of this country. I know trans people here and they don't walk around looking like Ruka. Ruka looks VERY much like a girl. She even wears girls' clothes. Doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 1st, '08, 13:52

Oh my god..my thoughts on ep 8...
The ending was the best ever!!...It totally beats the ending of ep3 which was my fav ending of the series. I was crying buckets full of tears at the ending...the Takeru x Ruka embrace...I really lost sight of Michiru as i was only concentrating on RxT...I was worried that Ruka would push him away but I watch her wrap her arms around him too. I didn't want the scene to end...it was just so beautiful! I had been rooting for Ruka x Takeru all along but I never thought it would happen...I was only hoping for them to be as good friend forever as they already were but they are far better friend now! I don't think there will be anything romantic between them but I think both Takeru and Ruka love each other but not in a romantic way..not in a boy/girl way but more than just love of friends...soul mates? I don't know how to describe it but I think despite people saying Ruka doesn't love Takeru..love isn't just about romance when its between a boy&girl...they have another sort of love between them deeper than friendship...I guess its build from the trust they have between them.

Absolutely..mind-blowing brilliance in that embracing scene...but then they had to show me the SHOCK I will receive from the ep9 preview..its almost like I was in pure emotional heaven watching the end of ep8...then its's like they never want to end on a happy note...they smack me into nightmare zone immediately afterwards with the sight of Takeru being beaten up by Sousuke! SOUSUKE DIE..if you don't die I will kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Man..I don't want to hate Michiru but with all the pain Sousuke is bringing to Ruka and now Takeru..I hate Michiru as well cos its her fault that everyone is getting caught into her troubles.

With everything that has happened in ep8 and all the attention around the 3 main characters, I want to say...THREE CHEERS TO ERI!! She has done only good and wise things in this episode. After finding out about Ruka's secret, she doesn't confront Ruka cos she knows better..plus she still accepts Ruka for who she is..she is one true friend! ONE CHEER! Second she tells Takeru about it (which is want I predicted/wanted..so to give Takeru the chance to understand Ruka more and make the bond and understanding betweem them stronger)..good move Eri! TWO CHEERS!! Then she gives all of Sousuke's letters to Ruka and discusses with her on what to do as opposed to giving it all to Michiru cos I thought I sensed some moments of weakness in her and was really worried she might really give them to Michiru...THREE CHEERS!! And a bonus one for her bravery when visiting/confronting Sousuke!! CHEERS!!!!

Although my feelings towards Michiru is growing negative...I still feel that Ruka loves Michiru..the way she looked at her in the park like there's so much she wants to tell Michiru but is afraid to..and how Michiru turns over and noticed Ruka staring at her and then smiles..it reminds me that they haven't really changed that much..Michiru is sweet and visual to Ruka but Ruka is too shy and suppressed...just like in ep1 when they reunit and hug. Ruka loves Michiru in a different way to Takeru..her love to Michiru I would say is more like Takeru's love to Ruka than Ruka's love to Takeru...Michiru is precious to Ruka but she feels its too delicate for her and in fear of anything bad happening...she'd rather retreat and watch/guard over her from a distance...making sure she is always happy but not being part of her happiness...its so sad and as much as I want Ruka and Takeru together...I feel that is not how things are..the love triangle is between Takeru x Ruka x Michiru is not returned in any of the instances.

When Michiru put her hand out to shake Ruka..I was waiting for her to pull Ruka into a hug...then she put her other hand on to Ruka's hand and I was still waiting..it didn't happen but I guess that fact that it didn't happen would have made the impact of Ruka x Takeru so big...imagine what might happen is Michiru went to hug Ruka instead? Even if it came from Michiru purely as a friendship thing..I don't think Ruka would have broken down into Takeru's arms and cried so badly..I guess its good that when I was waiting for Michiru to hug Ruka that it didn't happen cos I sooo prefer what really happened in the end!!

I can't bear to think what will happen in the end..whether it's Takeru or anyone else cos I'm convinced that Ruka will not be happy and this lovely friendship between Ruka x Michiru and Ruka x Takeru will not last.

I still think that Michiru will go weak one last time and go back to Sousuke...I don't think she has completely cut her love line for him...I think the happenings with Ruka, Takeru and the breakdown of the shared house will drive her weak and make her run back to Sousuke who is trying to get the message through to her that his love for her is forever and with her seeing friendship and companionship so fragile in the share house that she foolishly falls for Sousuke's words...I need to watch more...I want to see Ruka and Takeru's bond grow stronger and I want to watch Michiru understand more about Ruka...I want to also see Michiru start feeling her guilt for not understanding and regretting her neglection to Ruka because up until now Michiru still doesn't understand much about the pain in Ruka..it's only the monologues we hear that we sense her regret and sorrow but we still don't see it in the real-time scenes!!

Seriously...if Sousuke doesn't die or go to prison in the end...what is still one of the best dramas I've seen will become a drama with the WORST ending. I'll have to make a sequel/special ep called "The revenge"...where I hunt him down and :evil: "?%xyz@£"!" him!!
Last edited by fifimimi on Jun 1st, '08, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 1st, '08, 14:40

ashton wrote:Hey everyone. I'm new here, as i'm sure you all can tell. I've been following this thread for a while and i finally decided to register because i can't help but throw in my two cents (or five).

There's no way Ruka is going to simply be "comfortable" as a woman, even if she (or should i say "he"?) accepts her body.

I haven't commented much on this thread, but I've been lurking around since the start of this drama. What I've gathered from reading everyone's comments, it seems some people are pretty obsessed with the whole lesbian love thing. I'll continue behind spoiler tags...
I think they've made it pretty obvious that Ruka hasn't really considered herself as a woman for a while. So, if she sees herself as a man, I don't know how her love for Michiru can be considered as lesbian love. Some of you say that it's a cop out from the writers to make her a transgender, but I think they started to give us hints about it pretty early, so the whole transgender thing is what they intended, and the lesbian thing is something that viewers decided on. (ah, I couldn't say this as well as I wanted to, but hopefully someone understands even tho my English isn't perfect)
Anyway, whether Ruka or anybody else in this series ends up with anyone, I don't really care. I guess I wish for everyone to find someone who understands them and cares for them as they are. I've really enjoyed this series as it is, with all the sad stuff and the painful stuff and the fun stuff, too. I just hope this drama will have a good ending, whether it is happy or sad.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 1st, '08, 15:15

SSpiegel wrote:
Some of you say that it's a cop out from the writers to make her a transgender, but I think they started to give us hints about it pretty early, so the whole transgender thing is what they intended, and the lesbian thing is something that viewers decided on.
i never thought about that, but maybe u'r rite!
but i prefer she don't do the operation, bcoz i think we have to accept who we're, despite our differences.. and i think Ruka's much better as a gurl than a boy (maybe bcoz it's Ueno Juri).. :P can't imagine though how she will become n look alike if she did the operation.. :lol
fifimimi wrote:
With everything that has happened in ep3 and all the attention around the 3 main characters, I want to say...THREE CHEERS TO ERI!! She has done only good and wise things in this episode. After finding out about Ruka's secret, she doesn't confront Ruka cos she knows better..plus she still accepts Ruka for who she is..she is one true friend! ONE CHEER! Second she tells Takeru about it (which is want I predicted/wanted..so to give Takeru the chance to understand Ruka more and make the bond and understanding betweem them stronger)..good move Eri! TWO CHEERS!! Then she gives all of Sousuke's letters to Ruka and discusses with her on what to do as opposed to giving it all to Michiru cos I thought I sensed some moments of weakness in her and was really worried she might really give them to Michiru...THREE CHEERS!! And a bonus one for her bravery when visiting/confronting Sousuke!! CHEERS!!!!
yes, CHEERSSS to Eri~!!! :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 1st, '08, 15:31

Episode 8 subs from seri are now up: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60626.htm :)

chrry370

Post by chrry370 » Jun 1st, '08, 16:07

Hmm...i cant really remember who post it, but someone commented on how the endings went in pairs. ie 3/4 Ruka protecting Michiru, 4/5 had Michiru going back to Sosuke, 6/7 had a confession.
And because at the end of 8 had a bonding scene, are we expecting something similar for 9? :-) i hope so

AJisS2

Post by AJisS2 » Jun 1st, '08, 16:11

waa the preview for ep 9
sousuke looks brutal! eek.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 16:59

So people are starting to throw in their money to the pool. That's why you guys should have joined the discussion earlier, won't have to explode all of a sudden. Haha. =3 Episode 1 already made me come out of the (lurker) closet and register which I'm glad I did. I'm just a tad tired of talking about mainly the same issues over and over again though...^^;;

My post about episode 8 again just to join in the new crowd. Lol. Here.

Thanks for sharing your 5 cents. ^^ I agree with what you say about Ruka being pretty darn sure about herself. She's had quite a long time to understand and accept the truth about herself after all(accepting the truth and accepting herself is different though). Notice that the websites she reads are just those related to surgeries? She's way past the 'what am I' stage already at this point. Her main worry is not that she has GID. She's suffering because she can't tell anyone about it. She has to lie to her family and friends everyday. And she's afraid that those same people will reject her if they know the truth...The counseling thing is probably her last gate before she really goes through with it. From those sessions, she talks about how painful it is because she can't show people her true self. But then again, even as she says she doesn't like having a female body, she doesn't exactly express the want for a male body too. I think for her, if it was possible, she wants to be neither...Even in the letter, they didn't show or let us know clearly what exactly she told Takeru about her true self. We're just assuming that she wants to be a guy at this point like what we assumed about her being gay when we saw episode 1. Maybe she wants to become a whole new gender...Lol. Just kidding. So...can we continue the debate after episode 11? Haha... ^^;

But about Ruka's feelings towards Michiru, you can feel it pretty strongly in the first couple of episodes because that was what they focused on then. After they had established that, there's pretty much a mountain of other issues to tackle... Perhaps that's why people are feeling that "hmm, maybe Ruka is gonna fall for Takeru instead" since last few episodes have been pretty much placing more importance on Takeru's role and Ruka's issue. Michiru's DV issue is now at the 'coping with loss' stage so it isn't that prominent anymore except when it involves Sosuke terrorizing Ruka/Takeru. Ruka pretty much have programmed into herself that a romantic relationship with Michiru is impossible and is content to just see her happy from far. She has expressed her thoughts about what love should be a couple of times before. And it's being reiterated in episode 8. Loving someone means knowing when to pull back/distance yourself for the sake of the one you love. It's what she has been doing with Michiru. But she's a little too stubborn to see that she's hurting the one she loves at the same time with her actions. She might tell herself that it's better for Michiru's sake but she's also doing this for herself, a self defense mechanism to avoid rejection. Telling herself that it's impossible and expecting the worse. So I think, even if it doesn't seem like current Michiru is ready to be as accepting or open like Takeru is at the moment, the Michiru narrating from the future would be someone that is able to accept her own faults and mistakes. She would be someone who is able to accept the real Ruka no matter what. That's a good start whether or not there would be anything romantic in the future.

Takeru and Ruka, they might deserve each other or has the most healthy and understanding relationship but that just seem like a good basis for a friendship to me. Nothing wrong if they do end up together of course. I just want Ruka to be happy. Takeru, if anything wants that for Ruka even if it's not with him so the important decision still lies in Ruka's heart... Don't think love is something that one can 'decide' though.
chrry370 wrote:Hmm...i cant really remember who post it, but someone commented on how the endings went in pairs. ie 3/4 Ruka protecting Michiru, 4/5 had Michiru going back to Sosuke, 6/7 had a confession.
And because at the end of 8 had a bonding scene, are we expecting something similar for 9? :-) i hope so
That'd be me. Heheh. But for the next episode, I don't know...some people are predicting the that the Takeru/Sosuke scene would be brought over to the next one...is that 'bonding'? LOL.

Well, I translated the preview for episode 9 from the main site. Spoiler alert:
Michiru contacted Ruka through cellphone and manage to find out that she won another motocross race(manage to represent Japan I think). When the rest found out about the great news, they wanted to have a party to celebrate it.

The next day, Ruka came home to the share house. It was the first time seeing Michiru and the others since she moved out. They prepared a big celebration to welcome Ruka back. While Eri and the rest prepared the food, Ruka and Takeru talked. She expressed her gratitude towards Takeru. She told him that she never thought that having someone that could understand and accept her would provide her that much strength. Takeru suggested that Ruka should move back into the share house, that every member of the share house is waiting for her to return.

After drinking and celebrating for the whole night, they fell asleep in the living room. Michiru who got up earlier, heard the door bell and went to see who it was. It was Takeru's sister, Yuuko. She told Michiru she was worried because Takeru didn't show up at their family's Buddhist memorial service and came to visit. When she knew that he's inside, she sorta barged inside the house...and saw the sleeping Takeru. She asks Michiru to give him the bread she baked when he wakes up. Awoken by the noise, Takeru later finds out from Michiru about her sister's visit and suddenly became pale. He asks Michiru not to tell the others about it.

Then, Michiru accompanied by Takeru went tp see her mother. Something about in order to continue staying in the share house, she needs to submit the signatures from a guarantor. But monitoring their movements from the shadows,is Sosuke.

Michiru told him the other day that she has someone she likes, so adding up the numbers, he thinks that it's Takeru and prepares to ambush him on his way home. Taken by surprise, Takeru was mercilessly attacked by Sosuke...!!

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 17:25

okay i found this forum and i joined ^_^
Mind if i join the topic?..
i like ruka too

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 17:37

^Yuuki wrote:So people are starting to throw in their money to the pool. That's why you guys should have joined the discussion earlier, won't have to explode all of a sudden. Haha. =3 Episode 1 already made me come out of the (lurker) closet and register which I'm glad I did. I'm just a tad tired of talking about mainly the same issues over and over again though...^^;;

My post about episode 8 again just to join in the new crowd. Lol. Here.

Thanks for sharing your 5 cents. ^^ I agree with what you say about Ruka being pretty darn sure about herself. She's had quite a long time to understand and accept the truth about herself after all(accepting the truth and accepting herself is different though). Notice that the websites she reads are just those related to surgeries? She's way past the 'what am I' stage already at this point. Her main worry is not that she has GID. She's suffering because she can't tell anyone about it. She has to lie to her family and friends everyday. And she's afraid that those same people will reject her if they know the truth...The counseling thing is probably her last gate before she really goes through with it. From those sessions, she talks about how painful it is because she can't show people her true self. But then again, even as she says she doesn't like having a female body, she doesn't exactly express the want for a male body too. I think for her, if it was possible, she wants to be neither...Even in the letter, they didn't show or let us know clearly what exactly she told Takeru about her true self. We're just assuming that she wants to be a guy at this point like what we assumed about her being gay when we saw episode 1. Maybe she wants to become a whole new gender...Lol. Just kidding. So...can we continue the debate after episode 11? Haha... ^^;

But about Ruka's feelings towards Michiru, you can feel it pretty strongly in the first couple of episodes because that was what they focused on then. After they had established that, there's pretty much a mountain of other issues to tackle... Perhaps that's why people are feeling that "hmm, maybe Ruka is gonna fall for Takeru instead" since last few episodes have been pretty much placing more importance on Takeru's role and Ruka's issue. Michiru's DV issue is now at the 'coping with loss' stage so it isn't that prominent anymore except when it involves Sosuke terrorizing Ruka/Takeru. Ruka pretty much have programmed into herself that a romantic relationship with Michiru is impossible and is content to just see her happy from far. She has expressed her thoughts about what love should be a couple of times before. And it's being reiterated in episode 8. Loving someone means knowing when to pull back/distance yourself for the sake of the one you love. It's what she has been doing with Michiru. But she's a little too stubborn to see that she's hurting the one she loves at the same time with her actions. She might tell herself that it's better for Michiru's sake but she's also doing this for herself, a self defense mechanism to avoid rejection. Telling herself that it's impossible and expecting the worse. So I think, even if it doesn't seem like current Michiru is ready to be as accepting or open like Takeru is at the moment, the Michiru narrating from the future would be someone that is able to accept her own faults and mistakes. She would be someone who is able to accept the real Ruka no matter what. That's a good start whether or not there would be anything romantic in the future.

Takeru and Ruka, they might deserve each other or has the most healthy and understanding relationship but that just seem like a good basis for a friendship to me. Nothing wrong if they do end up together of course. I just want Ruka to be happy. Takeru, if anything wants that for Ruka even if it's not with him so the important decision still lies in Ruka's heart... Don't think love is something that one can 'decide' though.
chrry370 wrote:Hmm...i cant really remember who post it, but someone commented on how the endings went in pairs. ie 3/4 Ruka protecting Michiru, 4/5 had Michiru going back to Sosuke, 6/7 had a confession.
That'd be me. Heheh. But for the next episode, I don't know...some people are predicting the that the Takeru/Sosuke scene would be brought over to the next one...is that 'bonding'? LOL.

Well, I translated the preview for episode 9 from the main site. Spoiler alert:
Michiru contacted Ruka through cellphone and manage to find out that she won another motocross race(manage to represent Japan I think). When the rest found out about the great news, they wanted to have a party to celebrate it.

The next day, Ruka came home to the share house. It was the first time seeing Michiru and the others since she moved out. They prepared a big celebration to welcome Ruka back. While Eri and the rest prepared the food, Ruka and Takeru talked. She expressed her gratitude towards Takeru. She told him that she never thought that having someone that could understand and accept her would provide her that much strength. Takeru suggested that Ruka should move back into the share house, that every member of the share house is waiting for her to return.

After drinking and celebrating for the whole night, they fell asleep in the living room. Michiru who got up earlier, heard the door bell and went to see who it was. It was Takeru's sister, Yuuko. She told Michiru she was worried because Takeru didn't show up at their family's Buddhist memorial service and came to visit. When she knew that he's inside, she sorta barged inside the house...and saw the sleeping Takeru. She asks Michiru to give him the bread she baked when he wakes up. Awoken by the noise, Takeru later finds out from Michiru about her sister's visit and suddenly became pale. He asks Michiru not to tell the others about it.

Then, Michiru accompanied by Takeru went tp see her mother. Something about in order to continue staying in the share house, she needs to submit the signatures from a guarantor. But monitoring their movements from the shadows,is Sosuke.

Michiru told him the other day that she has someone she likes, so adding up the numbers, he thinks that it's Takeru and prepares to ambush him on his way home. Taken by surprise, Takeru was mercilessly attacked by Sosuke...!!
wow they slept together
Last edited by kishimoto-ruka119 on Jun 1st, '08, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 17:43

kishimoto-ruka119: LOL. THEY DID NOT! Stop misleading ppl...and put that under a spoiler tag will ya... ^^; Btw, Okaeri~ *Gets Takeru to make coffee*

Everyone go download this! MentoreG. The one with Masami making weird sounds. Haha. More Juri, Eita and Masami to tide us through to Thursday. ^^
http://d-addicts.net/torrents/mentoreg% ... vi.torrent

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 17:45

^Yuuki wrote:kishimoto-ruka119: Okaeri~ *Gets Takeru to make coffee*

Everyone go download this! MentoreG. The one with Masami making weird sounds. Haha. More Juri, Eita and Masami to tide us through to Thursday. ^^
oh thanks
Last edited by kishimoto-ruka119 on Jun 1st, '08, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 17:46

didnt mean too im new so im very very sorry!
:unsure:

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 1st, '08, 17:59

kishimoto-ruka119: as ^Yuuki said, okaeri~ :lol
it's sooo much fun that this forum keep receiving new people.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 1st, '08, 18:19

^Yuuki wrote:So people are starting to throw in their money to the pool. That's why you guys should have joined the discussion earlier, won't have to explode all of a sudden. Haha. =3 Episode 1 already made me come out of the (lurker) closet and register which I'm glad I did. I'm just a tad tired of talking about mainly the same issues over and over again though...^^;;
Whatever emoticons you cover that comment with, it still sounds like you own this thread. I think people are free to register whenever they want, join this discussion whenever they want and talk about whatever they want (unless it's offensive, of course). If you're tired of talking about it, you can always just not comment on it. :)

Anyway
I agree on what you said about Ruka not expressing her desire to become a man either. I admit I chose my words a bit wrong in my comment earlier, but I guess my point was, that even if the drama led people to believe Ruka was gay in the beginning, I think it has already given us the impression that she doesn't consider herself as woman (what she considers herself to be, we don't know yet), hence I find it weird for people to still talk about this as "a lesbian drama". If she's not comfortable in her female body, she could be planning a surgery to remove her breasts or something like that. Still, whatever the surgery is about, I think it's a big deal.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 18:21

SSpiegel: True. I do try and comment on things I feel that I don't agree on even if I have to repeat it. But just as you said, we can't really control what people think and say so when they still say it's a "lesbian drama"...erm, maybe it is to them? ^^;

Something from MentoreG :-)

Still, my favourite picture at the moment is this one~

:wub: "I can't find a ring so I guess this will do for now." :mrgreen:

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 18:44

sarah117 wrote:kishimoto-ruka119: as ^Yuuki said, okaeri~ :lol
it's sooo much fun that this forum keep receiving new people.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
heheh yeah

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 1st, '08, 18:49

^Yuuki wrote:Everyone go download this! MentoreG. The one with Masami making weird sounds. Haha. More Juri, Eita and Masami to tide us through to Thursday. ^^
Cool.

Thanks for the link. :thumright:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 1st, '08, 19:13

No prob. :thumleft:

Since that's pretty big, you can watch the video here if you want. Quality isn't so good though.

Btw, I updated some new Kaze to Rock scans at this previous post. Those look so much more natural than the other magazine promo shots. Really feels as if they're in a band or something. The interview was really interesting too. The 3 of them really sang. Wow, I wish it was a tv show instead. ^^

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 1st, '08, 19:19

^Yuuki wrote:No prob. :thumleft:

Since that's pretty big, you can watch the video here if you want. Quality isn't so good though.

Btw, I updated some new Kaze to Rock scans at this previous post. Those look so much more natural than the other magazine promo shots. Really feels as if they're in a band or something. The interview was really interesting too. The 3 of them really sang. Wow, I wish it was a tv show instead. ^^
Thank you for the video yuuki!

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 1st, '08, 19:20

OMGOSH, this picture is <3 *dies*

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 1st, '08, 19:20

Guys, did anyone noticed that when Ruka goes back to the Sharehouse, everyone seems to sing a Japanese version of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah? xD

I just rewatched ep08 with subs, and the last scene still makes me cry. hahaha. I'm on the boat for Michiru/Ruka/Takeru, xD I think it's going unconditional love to Takeru -> Ruka -> Michiru... "love you unconditionally, no matter what you are or who will you be", "love you so much, I have to let go" Gosh~~

And I need to see more of Eri, she needs some non-stalkery-unconditional love. I wonder, will Eri ever ask Ruka how come she was never into her? Lol'

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 1st, '08, 19:23

I just had a random thought. Wouldn't it be funny if Eri and Sousuke got together? I know she despises men like him, but what if Eri became his cure?

Wow, that was lame. hahaha

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 1st, '08, 19:40

QNSpider wrote:I just had a random thought. Wouldn't it be funny if Eri and Sousuke got together? I know she despises men like him, but what if Eri became his cure?

Wow, that was lame. hahaha
ouh no, don't give this idea to the screenwriter.. :lol