[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lzydata

Post by lzydata » Apr 25th, '08, 07:28

Sigh, yeah, ep3 was quite disappointing. Sousuke's DV, S&M and his need to control Michiru 24/7 is as aggravating as ever. It's amazing how much Michiru can take. And the story hasn't advanced all that much either; felt like an extension of ep2. I guess we just got to be patient.

Well, okay, there's this:
That mysterious Shirahata (?) Yuuko woman.

"You liked them when you were young." That probably means she's known him from young - an osananajimi?

Takeru: "I told you this many times, stop calling me, stop sending stuff to me. You're already married, you have a husband and children, so stop bothering me, alright!... You may pretend you've forgotten, but I haven't, and I have no intention of forgiving you."

Ooh. I can imagine a bit of what may have happened to cause Takeru's sex phobia, but then, I'm sure more clues will be coming.

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Apr 25th, '08, 09:19

I can't wait to see ep 4! The endings of each episode is always left hanging :cry:

nouriko

Post by nouriko » Apr 25th, '08, 10:19

i guess it hasta be alilttle draggie to make it 11epi!^^

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 25th, '08, 10:33

Eps 3 got 15.6% .

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 25th, '08, 13:29

Nomanymore wrote: that guy..
Ogura is his name, I think. :)

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 25th, '08, 14:36

I've watched Episode 3! Man I want to kill Sosuke!!

I know some people have said that it will be intense and teary moments but I honestly didn't think it would happen to me. But my gosh! I cried in a few scenes and the last bit!! I'm literally swearing at my computer and bashing the screen up!

My favourite moments (SPOILERS from EPISODE 4):
a) Where Michiru tells Ruka that she's never felt loved by someone - wow - that really hurt (I'm thinking from Ruka's perspective)
b) Michiru calls Ruka and says "I want to see you"
c) Michiru says to Ruka "can you be my friend forever"
d) Where Michiru finally stands up to Sosuke
e) Last closing scene...
That was one hell of an episode! Can't wait for episode 4!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 25th, '08, 14:52

Oops - sorry people - I'm sure u're smart enough to realise that I meant spoilers of episode 3 in the above post...

tzejin

Post by tzejin » Apr 25th, '08, 15:37

this is definitely a refreshing angle after watching honey and clover....seems that 5 people is the optimum number for mess relationships....

i think u guys have to see michiru's background before wondering how she can tolerate her psychotic bf....she must be really desperate after coming from a broken family and sad childhood....

its really interesting to see what happens between takeru and ruka....and will there be any relationship between michiru and takeru? coz the opening of the show is a bit misleading...and where does eri fit in into all this?

btw i haven watched epi3 yet...waiting for kioku~

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Apr 25th, '08, 16:49

lzydata wrote:Sigh, yeah, ep3 was quite disappointing. Sousuke's DV, S&M and his need to control Michiru 24/7 is as aggravating as ever. It's amazing how much Michiru can take. And the story hasn't advanced all that much either; felt like an extension of ep2. I guess we just got to be patient.

Well, okay, there's this:
That mysterious Shirahata (?) Yuuko woman.

"You liked them when you were young." That probably means she's known him from young - an osananajimi?

Takeru: "I told you this many times, stop calling me, stop sending stuff to me. You're already married, you have a husband and children, so stop bothering me, alright!... You may pretend you've forgotten, but I haven't, and I have no intention of forgiving you."

Ooh. I can imagine a bit of what may have happened to cause Takeru's sex phobia, but then, I'm sure more clues will be coming.
Clue me in please.... because the only thing I would get out if it is:
that they had something going on and she left him. Which happens all the time and would be a lame a** reason for a sex phobia

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 25th, '08, 16:59

Just finished watching ep.3.. OMG I LOVE THIS DORAMA!! XD I don't even know where to start! Okay okay, thoughts..
I agree that seeing Michiru gets beaten up by Sosuke is getting tiresome. I mentioned earlier that I hope it won't be DV-scene-in-each-episode-until-the-end kind of dorama and still we see it! God. I hope it'll soon end. Agree with you, bmwracer, I also feel like fast-forwarding everytime I see a Michiru/Sosuke scene. *sigh*

The first scene was far more powerful with 'Prisoner of Love' played, huh? The end of ep. 2 came off a lot more powerful than the beginning of ep.3.

I think I'm beginning to 'approve' Masami :P She made me cry this time! I admit I was so touched during the "Aitai" scene in the middle of the night, and then when Michiru asked Ruka to be her friend forever, aaaand, of course, the last scene just broke my heart.. "Tasukete".

Very disappointed that Eri's character was still, kind of a comic relief.

Okay, could someone tell me what was Takeru's comment when they were discussing Sosuke's DV-ness? (Man, I really have to study harder) I guess we'll find out about that Yuuko woman little by little later on..

When Michiru said, in the cafe, that she had never been loved until Sosuke, I felt like screaming 'The person in front of you loves you to death, goddamnit!' I bet Ruka was very broken hearted..

Yeah I think the easiest theory is that Ruka will die in the end. But, like roon said, it's so obvious it can't be true. :P And I sure don't want it to be true.

As unimportant as Eri and Ogura may seem, I'm kinda glad that they're there, so the dorama won't be too frustrating. I love the pair-cups scene! lol

Just love Takeru more and more.. He really cares about Ruka, ne? Eventho it means that he had to let her go, somehow. The scene when they were watching the ferris wheel and Takeru went inside the car and watched from inside.. Heartbreaking.

When Michiru fought back (well.. kinda) and said "Atashi wa Sosuke no dorei jyanai yo" I really felt like screaming DEFINITELY! SEIKAI! About time, girl! And loved it when Michiru asked Sosuke to stop bad-mouthing her Ruka. =)
Haaaah.. I just can't wait for ep. 4!

I really love the new orchestra version of Prisoner of Love that was played on this episode! Is it gonna be released?

I just love Juri.. I feel like she even hunched her shoulders to make a more boyish appearance. She does it, right? Love her! Oh, bmwracer, recommend me anything Juri-ish that's easy to find (download ;p) So far I've only seen her in Swing Girls, Engine and Nodame. She was on Orange Days? Hmm.. couldn't remember. I think I should re-watch Orange Days.. I miss Satoshi =(

@tzejin: I love H&C dorama! Well, I've never really read the manga or watched the anime (just the first two eps, I think) and movie. I only watched the dorama and loved it. The only thing that I hate in that dorama is.. Narimiya Hiroki. Man. Why did it have to be him? And Kashiwabara Takashi just makes my world brighter.. *.* Sorry OOT, guys.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 25th, '08, 17:17

@scherzando: I think you're spot on with the best bits of Ep 3 - there were some very painful moments - heartbreaking!
It's definitely good to see Michiru standing up to Sosuke (though at a high price)! Let's just hope this is the end of it all. If she goes back to him in Ep 4, I am so going to strangle her.
As for other shows with Juri - there's Rainbow Song - I've seen the trailer and it looks promising! haha I needed to find some "Juri" to watch so just bought the DVD. It's been out for a while so you should be able to find it somewhere online.

Btw, if you don't know already, looks like Seri has posted up English subs for Ep 3!

khaibest

Post by khaibest » Apr 25th, '08, 17:21

umm what does this phrase "Atashi wa Sosuke no dorei jyanai yo" means??

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Apr 25th, '08, 17:23

khaibest wrote:umm what does this phrase "Atashi wa Sosuke no dorei jyanai yo" means??
watashi wa sousuke no dorei jyanai yo -
I'm not Souskes Slave

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 25th, '08, 17:28

scherzando wrote:I just love Juri.. I feel like she even hunched her shoulders to make a more boyish appearance. She does it, right? Love her! Oh, bmwracer, recommend me anything Juri-ish that's easy to find (download ;p) So far I've only seen her in Swing Girls, Engine and Nodame. She was on Orange Days?
She had a small part in Orange Days... But kawaii as always. :wub:

She was paired up with her buddy Eita in the movie Summer Time Machine Blues... It's a fun movie, but it might require several viewings to understand some of the details... :)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 25th, '08, 17:37

sleepyzzz wrote:I've watched Episode 3! Man I want to kill Sosuke!!

I know some people have said that it will be intense and teary moments but I honestly didn't think it would happen to me. But my gosh! I cried in a few scenes and the last bit!! I'm literally swearing at my computer and bashing the screen up!

My favourite moments (SPOILERS from EPISODE 4):
a) Where Michiru tells Ruka that she's never felt loved by someone - wow - that really hurt (I'm thinking from Ruka's perspective)
b) Michiru calls Ruka and says "I want to see you"
c) Michiru says to Ruka "can you be my friend forever"
d) Where Michiru finally stands up to Sosuke
e) Last closing scene...
That was one hell of an episode! Can't wait for episode 4!
Watching episode 3 made my heart bleed in several places, for Michiru, mostly for Ruka...and yet I need more of it! Lol, masochists much? I bet most of you guys feel the same. Some comments regarding my favourite scenes:

a) Seriously, I felt Ruka's pain in the restaurant scene.
Michiru insisting that Sosuke is a nice guy and that he's the only that has ever loved her. How great was Ueno Juri's expression in this? It wasn't shock, just sadness and probably anger at herself for letting Michiru feel that way(that nobody loved her) and that she can't do anything about it. I wanted to shout at the screen... "There's someone right in front of you Michiru!". Gah~ >_<
b) The Takeru house warming scene...
was a nice timeout from all the tenseness. A much needed light hearted moment from the heaviness of the episode. Lol, so Ruka ended up with a light blue cup, Takeru the dark blue one and Michiru the pink one. Eri and the pilot guy(can't even remember his name) ended up as the jokers...hopefully they'll develop more in the future episodes(let the other 3 have fun for a change yea?).

And I'm loving how supportive and dependable Takeru is. We're beginning to see the cause for his inner troubles and I think enough clues are given for us to guess what it is. So is the theme for next week 'stalker'? Haha.
c) Michiru and Sosuke scenes...
I like the moments where Michiru 'lies' to Sousuke. Made me go 'yes!' everytime. Sign that she ain't totally under his control yet. And I'm glad they didn't show us the part that would have been the worse DV scene yet... Don't think I can stomach much more of that(knowing how they work now, they'll probably put glimpses of it in the next episode). It was great how Michiru finally stood up to him. "I'm not Sousuke's slave! For Sousuke's sake, I've endured a lot of things. I thought I can tolerate anything. But this is the only thing I can't allow!...Stop saying bad things about MY Ruka!" Whoa~ 0_0 You go Michiru! And they overlap that with the scene of Ruka winning the card game(they were playing Old Maid...). I was torn between laughing and crying at this.
d) Of course, the final scene.
Michiru falling into Ruka's arm and says "Help me." Cue Prisoner of Love. Notice the lyrics here, "The cruel fate tried to tear us apart but it ended up tying us closer together". Sugoi yo~ So much mixed feelings here. I felt awful looking at Michiru, but also relieved that she finally went to Ruka for help and of course anger at Sousuke. Takeru still notices things at such a shocking moment... "Ruka, you decided at that moment didn't you? That no matter what happens after this, even putting your own life on the line, you'll protect Michiru." (Uh, oh, I have a bad feeling about this...)
I thought this episode totally kept up the momentum of the previous ones. Kept me glued to the screen the whole time. Can't believe I'm watching a J-Drama. More like watching 24? Haha.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 25th, '08, 17:59

Btw, for those interested, some of the videos of Ueno Juri that I downloaded recently(Kagayaku Onna, Jounetsu Tairiku and Earth Odyssey of Ueno Juri) can be found here:
http://shindou2006.livejournal.com/ (scroll towards the bottom)

They are mostly documentary style.

For shows, recent series that Juri(and Eita) appeared in was this one: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Loss_Time_Life (aired in February this year and just ended recently). It's more of a stand alone episodes kinda series though. Eita appeared in Ep.1(as a cameraman??) while Juri in Ep.4(as a nurse??).

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Apr 25th, '08, 18:05

^Yuuki wrote:Btw, for those interested, some of the videos of Ueno Juri that I downloaded recently(Kagayaku Onna, Jounetsu Tairiku and Earth Odyssey of Ueno Juri) can be found here:
http://shindou2006.livejournal.com/ (scroll towards the bottom)

They are mostly documentary style.

For shows, recent series that Juri(and Eita) appeared in was this one: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Loss_Time_Life (aired in February this year and just ended recently). It's more of a stand alone episodes kinda series though. Eita appeared in Ep.1(as a cameraman??) while Juri in Ep.4(as a nurse??).
I watched Ep 1 last night. I really really *heart* Eita. But I can't find Ep 4. where is it? Why can't I find it :cry:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 25th, '08, 18:15

nokchan wrote: I watched Ep 1 last night. I really really *heart* Eita. But I can't find Ep 4. where is it? Why can't I find it :cry:
Don't think there's any subs for it but if you don't mind, you can get the chinese subbed(all episodes) ones here:
I'm downloading them too. Only the first 3 are on Veoh.

Now to watch Osen. Need to get rid of this heaviness in my chest after watching episode 3...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 25th, '08, 18:53

^Yuuki wrote:For shows, recent series that Juri(and Eita) appeared in was this one: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Loss_Time_Life (aired in February this year and just ended recently). It's more of a stand alone episodes kinda series though. Eita appeared in Ep.1(as a cameraman??) while Juri in Ep.4(as a nurse??).
If you haven'y yet, you guys should check out the two in Summer Time Machine Blues. :thumright:

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Apr 25th, '08, 19:19

just finished wearing ep3:
omg, this was definitely Ueno Juri's episode...she shined like no other! her acting was superb.. eye expressions really conveyed her complicated and repressed feelings. i had goosebumps! i knew i'd always love juri-san, but this just blew me away.. masami pales compared to her (tho masami's crying scenes were decent..)~~

i can't wait to watch the next ep!!! seems like the next one has even more juriiii~~~ yatta! :cheers:

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Apr 25th, '08, 19:56

WOAH!

WOAH!

And may I say it again?

WOAH
Seriously ep 3 was a rollercoster of emotions. Happy, Sad, Silly and Frightening. Unfortunantly I can understand Michiru (not that I like that). If you lived DV violence befor it is very hard to learn that love doesn't need to hurt. And that a relationship doesn't have to be endurence. So will probably see a lot more DV and psycho-Sousuke before she changes.

Eita If I knew a more loving term than I *heart* you I would use it. While I love Juri you may all crush on her. I go and crush on my Eita.

Masami... Masami... Masami. You start to grow on me. I hate you with Yamaki. But I think without him I could start to appriciate you. Even watch your older dramas...

Juri... is there anything you won't rock? You are far to amazing.
Edit: This I'm obviously to stupid to use spoiler tags
Last edited by nokchan on Apr 25th, '08, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 25th, '08, 20:02

Uh, you got your spoiler tags all screwed up. :sweat:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 25th, '08, 20:16

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » Apr 25th, '08, 20:59

Is Japan, Tokyo in particular, open to shoujo-ai? My girlfriend and I are planning to visit there this summer. I carnt wait.

The show, Last friends, is great. Kudos to Yuri and Takeru. I do wish for more scenes of her&her, him&her, and/or him&her&her.

I karnt wait for episode 4.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 25th, '08, 21:17

Jscorpio wrote:Is Japan, Tokyo in particular, open to shoujo-ai? My girlfriend and I are planning to visit there this summer. I carnt wait.

The show, Last friends, is great. Kudos to Yuri and Takeru. I do wish for more scenes of her&her, him&her, and/or him&her&her.

I karnt wait for episode 4.
Yuri?? :scratch:

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Apr 25th, '08, 21:48

kekeke, Ruka is so attractive, I'm scared that Michiru can't resist for long

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » Apr 25th, '08, 22:03

<b>bmwracer wrote:</b> Yuri?? :scratch:

Oops.

My apology, mate. I meant Ms. Juri as ---> Ruka.

As one could tell already I'm a newbie to Jdrama. :P

Mizuki1988

Post by Mizuki1988 » Apr 25th, '08, 22:11

I think you can read a lot from the opening sequence. Have you noticed that Sousuke is actually the only one who walks away from the audience when the red ribbons appear? The rest of them all walk ahead, either to the right or to the left. I think it might mean that either he's the person who dies or he somehow leaves their lives altogether. Actually, I really like the opening - so much symbollism. Especially with Takeru's embrionic position in the last scene (everyone else lies mostly on their backs, they look more relaxed, only Takeru looks uneasy/afraid of something), Sousuke's black tie (the only black piece of clothing in there, a bit obvious, but still, a nice touch) and even the fact that Ruka is upside-down, indicating that something is different about her. Probably her sexuality.

I watched three episodes, but only the first with subs, so my theories might not be accurate... But the moment I saw the name of the site Ruka was looking at in her laptop I went: "OMG, she's gonna try to change her sex!" That's the vibe I get from her. Also when she waited in front of the women's locker room for the other women to finish changing... And the moment when she was changing in third episode... Either she's a hermaphrodite and Sousuke spied on her then and came up with this theory that she's not a woman (because even though he's psychotic he has to base his accustations somewhere, I guess... or I might not have understood exactly what he said during his confrontation with Michiru...), or she's a man in a woman's body - because she looks like she really hates her body, or at least it doesn't feel right to her.

But still, the plotline I'm most eager to see developed is Takeru's issues. I'm a huge Eita fan and I really, really loved him in the scene with the gaijin movie... He's a wonderful actor, really. He looked so vulnerable on the veranda afterwards... I just only wish I could understand his phone conversation with that woman... At first, when she had her back turned to the audience I thought she might be his mother or something and that she abused him in the past somehow... but then she turned out to be too young.. Though you never know with Asians. :P They don't age like the rest of us xD

That's the end of my ramblings today :P

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 25th, '08, 23:01

Mizuki1988 wrote:
I think you can read a lot from the opening sequence. Have you noticed that Sousuke is actually the only one who walks away from the audience when the red ribbons appear? The rest of them all walk ahead, either to the right or to the left. I think it might mean that either he's the person who dies or he somehow leaves their lives altogether. Actually, I really like the opening - so much symbollism. Especially with Takeru's embrionic position in the last scene (everyone else lies mostly on their backs, they look more relaxed, only Takeru looks uneasy/afraid of something), Sousuke's black tie (the only black piece of clothing in there, a bit obvious, but still, a nice touch) and even the fact that Ruka is upside-down, indicating that something is different about her. Probably her sexuality.

I watched three episodes, but only the first with subs, so my theories might not be accurate... But the moment I saw the name of the site Ruka was looking at in her laptop I went: "OMG, she's gonna try to change her sex!" That's the vibe I get from her. Also when she waited in front of the women's locker room for the other women to finish changing... And the moment when she was changing in third episode... Either she's a hermaphrodite and Sousuke spied on her then and came up with this theory that she's not a woman (because even though he's psychotic he has to base his accustations somewhere, I guess... or I might not have understood exactly what he said during his confrontation with Michiru...), or she's a man in a woman's body - because she looks like she really hates her body, or at least it doesn't feel right to her.

But still, the plotline I'm most eager to see developed is Takeru's issues. I'm a huge Eita fan and I really, really loved him in the scene with the gaijin movie... He's a wonderful actor, really. He looked so vulnerable on the veranda afterwards... I just only wish I could understand his phone conversation with that woman... At first, when she had her back turned to the audience I thought she might be his mother or something and that she abused him in the past somehow... but then she turned out to be too young.. Though you never know with Asians. :P They don't age like the rest of us xD

That's the end of my ramblings today :P
About Sousuke's assumptions...
He said that not because he meant it literally(as in physically). In the last confrontation between him and Michiru, he said that Ruka looks at Michiru with the eyes of a guy. That she has already targeted Michiru since they were friends all those years ago. So he views Ruka is a dangerous presence. Something like a guy in a woman's body. Michiru of course, retaliates and tells him off for saying things like that about HER Ruka. That's the main reason he went berserk that badly this time.
Btw, subs for episode 3 is out by Seri. Go get em'~ ^^
Suketeru might still be doing the .ass version though.

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Apr 26th, '08, 00:29

Anyone getting turned on by Sousuke's evilness?
:lol

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 26th, '08, 00:34

I'm loving this series so much but there is something about pathetic/defenceless characters that always annoys me..maybe because I'm not someone who will stand being bullied all the time so I think those that are bullied sometimes are to be blamed for either being so pathetic or not trying to do more for themselves to get out of the situation...all this is refering to Michiru.

However, you get a slight hint that she is toughening up in ep2 when she...
retreats for foot from being in the 'stamping' spot of her evil colleague!
..on that note, what is with that evil~ colleague...do japanese b*tches stamp people's foot like that? Is that really realistic in japan? Scary~~!

Urgh...Sousuke...people predicting he will die? Probably so, cos I will kill him! What a freak and psycho...want to get rid of these kind of people from this world..but I'm no better for saying this! :roll

Ah~ Yuka/Juri..I'm falling for her..I can't quite figure out whether I'm falling for her cos I think she's a male or whether I'm genuinely falling for a knowingly female-female? That's thing with these dramas..if you are not a bisexual, you wouldn't really think about the odds of being attracted to the same sex..but the boyish charm that Juri is showing...makes me think, do I like men because they are men or because they possess the boyish/man-charm?

Takeru is a decent character but still..compared to a tough yet caring Yuka, Takeru seems like a weak and kind type...I guess I prefer the tough type..but Takeru is like a great friend you'd want to have! And Eri is like the opposite friend-type to Takeru..it'd be good to have a complement of friend like them!

Just want the drama to quickly move on with Michiru leaving Sousuke..if she stays with him for too long and continues to endure the unnecessary pain..I might get put off...I guess I want to see Yuka/Takeru/Eri/Michiru more than Michiru/Sousuke!

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 26th, '08, 00:48

yosh! just finished ep3... and it did not disappoint

someone mentioned juri's crazy acting skills in this ep, I'd totally second this.

But I enjoyed the episode mainly due to the many foreshadowing scenes that will cause so much agony in the future ep. That sea breeze scene says it all, juri is basically going to let masami continue on with this dv crap while watching over her cuz she thinks THIS is love.... and masami will continue to be in this denial state of mind :x nothing hurts more than someone who will not accept your help and instead views it as a nuisance.

and how does kiyora portray "solitude" she isn't really that solitude to me @_@

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Apr 26th, '08, 01:42

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but I find myself attracted to both Ruka and Takeru in this. Good god... I jguess I just can't resist Eita, I guess, even when he is styled up all "gay" like this.

lunas

Post by lunas » Apr 26th, '08, 01:53

They really need to explain the reason why Sousuke is such a violent person. I wonder if it has anything to do with his job?
My heart ache for Ruka after finished watching episode 3. As for Michiru, she annoy me for being so weak, there are other guys, not just Sousuke!!. I just hope that Michiru/Sousuke things will move a little faster otherwise I’ll have to forward all of their parts in future episode.

noawesome

Post by noawesome » Apr 26th, '08, 02:42

yeah i'm not surprised many people are thinking the same thoughts. Ryo is really pissing me off because that's pretty much all he does in the drama. I mean seriously, there's no reason for him to be like that.

but what gets to me even more is the fact that she just sits there and takes it. I just can't wait for the episode when things start to turn around.

but that ruka girl is getting cuter over the years. I remember watching Engine and she didn't get much screentime but i don't remember her being anything special. but good for her, she bloomed nicely

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 26th, '08, 02:56

QNSpider wrote:
Fangirls. :nuts:

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 26th, '08, 03:14

i'm also attracted to both Takeru and Ruka^^

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Apr 26th, '08, 03:51

bmwracer wrote:
QNSpider wrote:
Fangirls. :nuts:
I am NOT a Ryo fangirl. Nyah. =P But this is true. When he gets all evil it's like...wow. roar. you can beat me anytime <3

But I've got more <3 for Ruka, of course :wub:
Last edited by QNSpider on Apr 26th, '08, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 26th, '08, 04:00

I finally watched ep1 last night and man....
At first, Sousuke was nice and seems charming then the next thing you know it, this other side of him is introduced in a violent way. I was quite unprepared and found it really unexpected when he just started beating Michiru up like that. Tears were starting to come out as I was watching that scene. And I also like how the song, Prisoner of Love, was executed in the rain scene. It's telling us that this is just the beginning and that we are going to come to learn each of the characters that will lead to the final outcome of the series.
So I'm looking forward to the rest of the series and from the looks of it, I might sympathize with Sousuke later if they explain why he's like that... :whistling:

And another thing, how could you guys watch it multiple of times? I just can't do it after watching ep1, I didn't want to relive that moment again :crazy:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 26th, '08, 04:32

QNSpider wrote:I am NOT a Ryo fangirl. Nyah. =P But this is true. When he gets all evil it's like...wow. roar. you can beat me anytime <3
Like I said.

Halfass

Post by Halfass » Apr 26th, '08, 05:08

Damn Ginaaaaaa!
Is it me or is it Michiru/Sousuke just bored the hell outta my halfass in EP 3? What's up with more of this DV stuff? Psycho hairyass Sousuke b*tch slappin' kickin' his girl like some S&M fetish just isn't turning me on for sure! ZZZZzzzz............. NEXT!

No no and no, I'm not feeling it for Michiru unless she better wakes up and smells Sousuke's stingy breath and moves the F on out and moves the F on in to Ruka's arms in EP 4! And furthermore, what's up with him bashin' on Ruka with "she isn't a fem" blah blah blah? Aah... pardon-moi mon ami, don't you think you should first get rid of your girly one step forward 2 steps back walk the walk before you talk the talk??

Nah... I'm not hatin' on Souske, I just lovin' Ruka more that's all. :P
Hmm.... my prediction on EP 4 is:
Michiru goes back to her hairyass bf Souske and leaving Ruka feeling oh so lonely.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 05:21

I love Ryo but I find myself hating him as each episode goes on. But that just means he's playing his role well. As for the Michiru/Sosuke stuff, it's not that I'm bored of it - heck, I didn't want to see it in the first place but you just get sick of seeing the same stuff over and over again.
The thing with the cigarette in the latest episode was creepy as hell.
I can't believe Michiru actually sat outside her own homes front door until he let her in.
"oh, this is your punishment for making me wait" :roll I swear everytime he smiles after saying something like this, I feel like I could punch the guy. (thats if I could)

I think we all want Michiru out of that house and into the safety of the shared house with the others so I can see why people are getting sick of her.
"Sosuke is the only person I've felt love off"
"You cut a guys hair?" *kick, kick, punch*
Michiru isn't in her right mind either I would say.

My favorite character is definitely Takeru. The guy is so sweet, if Michiru does fall for him, I can see why.
And I love Eri, even if she is just comic relief at the moment.
seri is super fast with subs <3

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Apr 26th, '08, 05:58

I'm a total newbie to the whole Jdrama (or should I say dorama? :scratch: ) thing... I only found Last Friends through the fact that Utada Hikaru's "Prisoner of Love" was gonna be used as the opening theme. I watched the opening and I was like, "...Oh dang, this looks good."

So I ended up getting totally obsessed with this series...and here I am, making my first post on a forum on daddicts. :whistling:

I've seen episodes 1 and 2 subbed by Kioku, and I've seen the raw of episode three...but my limited knowlege of Japanese makes me not understand a fair amount of it. (Heck, all the Japanese I know is from watching too much anime. ._.)

I never knew of Ueno Juri before this. *laughs nervously* But from what I've seen in the past 3 episodes of Last Friends, she appears to be an excellent actor. :3

Episode 3:
WTF was Sousuke's deal in this ep. I swear, it made me hate him so much...even if I didn't understand half of the things he was saying. ...By the way, can anyone tell me what happened to his wrist? That's the one part where I was 100% clueless....

I felt so bad for Ruka. DX Michiru was unknowingly hurting her during that lunch thing and... *sighs* Although I have to say, it was fixed when Michiru went with Ruka and Takeru to...wherever it was. Asking Ruka if they'd by friends forever. :3 Twas cute. (I hope she was saying that anyway... *very limited Japanese* xD The end totally twisted my stomach in like...five knots. T_T It was so sad...

As for Takeru...that person that called him...I wonder who she is. Maybe we'll start to learn about him, too.

...No new hints as to why Ruka was on that Uruolgy site... *sighs* I was hoping we'd get more clues. (Or did we? *curses at how her school doesn't offer Japanese*)

One last thing: What the heck is with Ruka and her shaking hand during the preview for episode 4?! It's totally got me wanting to see ep 4 NOW. :crazy:
I think I'm gonna have to wait for Kioku to sub episode 3...seeing as how I have no idea how to use "softsubs". ._. A little off subject, but does anyone know an FAQ for that...? I've been searching around mostly for Last Friends. I never even heard of softsubs before now. (...I was stalking this thread for a while as a guest. :unsure:) Thank you! ^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 06:09

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:I'm a total newbie to the whole Jdrama (or should I say dorama? :scratch: ) thing... I only found Last Friends through the fact that Utada Hikaru's "Prisoner of Love" was gonna be used as the opening theme. I watched the opening and I was like, "...Oh dang, this looks good."

So I ended up getting totally obsessed with this series...and here I am, making my first post on a forum on daddicts. :whistling:

I've seen episodes 1 and 2 subbed by Kioku, and I've seen the raw of episode three...but my limited knowlege of Japanese makes me not understand a fair amount of it. (Heck, all the Japanese I know is from watching too much anime. ._.)

Episode 3:
WTF was Sousuke's deal in this ep. I swear, it made me hate him so much...even if I didn't understand half of the things he was saying. ...By the way, can anyone tell me what happened to his wrist? That's the one part where I was 100% clueless....

I felt so bad for Ruka. DX Michiru was unknowingly hurting her during that lunch thing and... *sighs* Although I have to say, it was fixed when Michiru went with Ruka and Takeru to...wherever it was. Asking Ruka if they'd by friends forever. :3 Twas cute. (I hope she was saying that anyway... *very limited Japanese* xD The end totally twisted my stomach in like...five knots. T_T It was so sad...

As for Takeru...that person that called him...I wonder who she is. Maybe we'll start to learn about him, too.

...No new hints as to why Ruka was on that Uruolgy site... *sighs* I was hoping we'd get more clues. (Or did we? *curses at how her school doesn't offer Japanese*)

One last thing: What the heck is with Ruka and her shaking hand during the preview for episode 4?! It's totally got me wanting to see ep 4 NOW. :crazy:
I think I'm gonna have to wait for Kioku to sub episode 3...seeing as how I have no idea how to use "softsubs". ._. A little off subject, but does anyone know an FAQ for that...? I've been searching around mostly for Last Friends. I never even heard of softsubs before now. (...I was stalking this thread for a while as a guest. :unsure:) Thank you! ^^
Welcome to the forum. :)
First off, there's a thread on how to use softsubs, which you can find here. Hope that helps!
For what happened to his wrists, here's what he said: (from seri's subs)
Michiru: "What happened there?" (speaking about his wrist)
Sosuke: "Cigarettes. Today while I was waiting for you, I had 3 cigarettes"
Very creepy if you ask me. Then he goes and says, "from now on, you won't be late anymore".
One last thing: What the heck is with Ruka and her shaking hand during the preview for episode 4?! It's totally got me wanting to see ep 4 NOW.
I'm rooting for her punching Sosuke, but better not get my hopes up.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 26th, '08, 06:25

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:I never knew of Ueno Juri before this. *laughs nervously* But from what I've seen in the past 3 episodes of Last Friends, she appears to be an excellent actor. :3
You need to watch Nodame Cantabile... :thumright:

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 26th, '08, 06:27

About episode 3....I sware if Sousuke isn't the one who dies at the end of this series, I'll be the one to... :cussing:
I seriously was feeling the pain that Ruka had to endure during the lunch scene...to be told by the person you had loved for so long that that person had never felt that sort of love. I woud want to give up too. But really, I hope Michiru can realize her true feelings for Ruka. She called her up in the middle of the night and told her she wanted to see her...possibly a sign of a progressing relationship...maybe...hopefully? I'm hoping.

I'm really happy that Ruka was there for her at the end of the episode...Ueno Juri's acting is SO GOOD! :wub: But the foreshadowing at the end really scares me, because I feel like Ruka might be the one to go - Takeru saying that it was at that moment that she decided to risk her life for Michiru. My prediction: Sousuke is going to try and kill Ruka.

I want more questions to be answered...I want to know what the surgery is for...
And I want to know what happened in Takeru's past and what Eri's really core problem is. AND I want to know what the heck is up with Sousuke! He's pissing me off! :x

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 06:32

bmwracer wrote:
ShikyoxYaiba wrote:I never knew of Ueno Juri before this. *laughs nervously* But from what I've seen in the past 3 episodes of Last Friends, she appears to be an excellent actor. :3
You need to watch Nodame Cantabile... :thumright:
Seconded. :wub:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 26th, '08, 07:32

Tomi wrote:About episode 3....I sware if Sousuke isn't the one who dies at the end of this series, I'll be the one to... :cussing:
I seriously was feeling the pain that Ruka had to endure during the lunch scene...to be told by the person you had loved for so long that that person had never felt that sort of love. I woud want to give up too. But really, I hope Michiru can realize her true feelings for Ruka. She called her up in the middle of the night and told her she wanted to see her...possibly a sign of a progressing relationship...maybe...hopefully? I'm hoping.

I'm really happy that Ruka was there for her at the end of the episode...Ueno Juri's acting is SO GOOD! :wub: But the foreshadowing at the end really scares me, because I feel like Ruka might be the one to go - Takeru saying that it was at that moment that she decided to risk her life for Michiru. My prediction: Sousuke is going to try and kill Ruka.

I want more questions to be answered...I want to know what the surgery is for...
And I want to know what happened in Takeru's past and what Eri's really core problem is. AND I want to know what the heck is up with Sousuke! He's pissing me off! :x
Yeah, Michiru did say that she had two treasures in her life.
Sosuke and Ruka. She thought that she could have both in her life but it was not to be(kinda implied here)...*dundundun*

Sousuke better not lay his hands on Michiru's Ruka in the next episode. :cussing:
And Ruka, seems to me that things will be getting dangerous for her. There's the shaking hand scene...and it that blood? :blink
ShikyoxYaiba: Welcome~ I guess you're now a prisoner of the series like all of us. =3

Gotta say...it's hard not to mix reality and fiction when they both look so good together like this...

If someone can translate the caption beside Ruka and Michi...I mean Juri and Masami...I'll give you the links to the HQ scans of the rest(which you can then help translate as I'm dying to know what they say~ >_<). Haha.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 26th, '08, 08:06

My blood just boiled watching ep2. Now I'm hoping they explain his behavior soon...

Sousuke ... :cussing:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Apr 26th, '08, 08:17

KILL SOUSUKE

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Apr 26th, '08, 09:40

What a whirlwind of emotions for Episode 3 * thank you seri for the softsubs!!!*
Aha! Call me the crazy cup obsessed lady...but I was caught off guard when Ruka goes and gets herself the blue cup. So Takeru now owns the original purple cup. (We all know what purple stands for thanks to the incident, prior years ago, with the Teletubbies :lol.) But obviously the colors are blurred in this drama...or is it? Anyways I just loved the juxtaposition of the "paired" house cups to the single threaded one that Michiru used.

DV: I think they will make the outbursts off-camera to generate a stronger reaction from the characters and us. I mean this is where our own imaginations fill in the pieces. This is also where good acting and reacting from this awesome casts works it's magic. By the way, I know I criticized Masami's acting in an earlier post for episode 1, but I gotta give the gal the credits...crying is not easy...and apparently this gal has it dead on for those cue moments. I tip my hat to her.

The ferris wheel: I think one of the best night attractions of Tokyo...or maybe that's the smaller one not in Odaiba. Then again...it has to be the one in Odaiba because that is where Fuji TV's station is :-) What a romantic...and appropriate place for solitude and sanctuary. Loved how the three of them were standing there. (I love Ruka's jacket too!)

Oh and red herring or the writers playing with our minds...you betcha! Or maybe I am justing reading too much.
1. Hospital scene: Takeru mentions Ruka taking a while in the bathroom and her dad gives him the eye (perhaps he knows a medical issue related to urinating with Ruka).
2. Coach to Ruka: "you need to work on your body"....(that is a physical workout, not surgical).
3. Sousuke to Michiru: "she's not a woman part...b/c...it's her eyes." (Great save man, then again the creep may have did a little "Peeping Tom" since he was loitering around the lady's locker room).
What an ingenious way to play with our minds.

^Yuuki Thanks for those awesome city Walker magazine scans! Guess Last Friends is getting much more popular in the native land as well as....this forum.

And as usual this episode gave more snippets to the quiet version of "Prisoner of Love." The montage of Ruka was executed seamlessly with the score! I gotta give it to the producers and Hikki :cheers: The CD/DVD single including the music video, quiet version and instrumental will be released May 21st. I think I am going to wait for the OST instead :w00t:
Last edited by zeiroc on Apr 26th, '08, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 26th, '08, 12:31

zeiroc wrote:What a whirlwind of emotions for Episode 3 * thank you seri for the softsubs!!!*
Aha! Call me the crazy cup obsessed lady...but I was caught off guard when Ruka goes and gets herself the blue cup. So Takeru now owns the original purple cup. (We all know what purple stands for thanks to the incident, prior years ago, with the Teletubbies :lol.) But obviously the colors are blurred in this drama...or is it? Anyways I just loved the juxtaposition of the "paired" house cups to the single threaded one that Michiru used.

DV: I think they will make the outbursts off-camera to generate a stronger reaction from the characters and us. I mean this is where our own imaginations fill in the pieces. This is also where good acting and reacting from this awesome casts works it's magic. By the way, I know I criticized Masami's acting in an earlier post for episode 1, but I gotta give the gal the credits...crying is not easy...and apparently this gal has it dead on for those cue moments. I tip my hat to her.

The ferris wheel: I think one of the best night attractions of Tokyo...or maybe that's the smaller one not in Odaiba. Then again...it has to be the one in Odaiba because that is where Fuji TV's station is :-) What a romantic...and appropriate place for solitude and sanctuary. Loved how the three of them were standing there. (I love Ruka's jacket too!)

Oh and red herring or the writers playing with our minds...you betcha! Or maybe I am justing reading too much.
1. Hospital scene: Takeru mentions Ruka taking a while in the bathroom and her dad gives him the eye (perhaps he knows a medical issue related to urinating with Ruka).
2. Coach to Ruka: "you need to work on your body"....(that is a physical workout, not surgical).
3. Sousuke to Michiru: "she's not a woman part...b/c...it's her eyes." (Great save man, then again the creep may have did a little "Peeping Tom" since he was loitering around the lady's locker room).

^Yuuki Thanks for those awesome city Walker magazine scans! Guess Last Friends is getting much more popular in the native land as well as....this forum.

And as usual this episode gave more snippets to the quiet version of "Prisoner of Love." The montage of Ruka was executed seamlessly with the score! I gotta give it to the producers and Hikki :cheers: The CD/DVD single including the music video, quiet version and instrumental will be released May 21st. I think I am going to wait for the OST instead :w00t:
The pic above is from Junon June edition. City Walker one, maybe I'll post later. All these just makes me think that they'll somehow end up together. Or at least the main pairing in the series.

Haha, commented on the cup as well in my earlier post/comment about the episode.

The ferris wheel scene, I think that was the one they were filming in one of the promo/interview vids I posted a few threads ago. From the way they were playing around, wouldn't have know it was such poignant scene. Ruka used her dad as the example here, that love sometimes means that you have to see your loved ones through their choices instead of stopping them. Ruka has a great dad. Something Michiru never experienced before but is glad for Ruka. If you think about it, Ruka in a roundabout manner kinda confessed her feelings here. She loves Michiru, therefore she would not stop her if she feels happy with that guy even though it comes with hardship as well. So awesome. ;_; One of the best moments of Masami's acting is here too. She lied and you can feel her hesitancy and that she actually has a lot to say but can't say it. Then the tears comes, along with a sad smile/laugh...I think I can understand what Ruka must be feeling then. I agree with you about her acting chops getting better. She's pretty awesome at those anguished scenes.

Prisoner of Love is Love. It's awesome how it's integrated into the moments. They match it with the lyrics pretty well too. Can't emphasize how much it heightened the final scene especially, "The cruel fate tried to tear us apart but it ended up tying us closer together". Ahh~ I'm looking forward to the release of the single and the ost.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Apr 26th, '08, 13:50

Sousuke is a lunatic. :nuts:

Vanilla-Rain

Post by Vanilla-Rain » Apr 26th, '08, 14:20

Sousuke SCARES me. ><

If I ever met a girl like him (yes, I'm gay.) I think I'd be pretty freaked out. x.x I know they're probably out there.

My girlfriend was talking about this series (more about Prisoner of Love being the theme song) and when she said there's a lesbian in it, I got SO excited for it! So I ran over here and found two epis subbed already, anxiously waiting for epi three to be subbed by Kikou, last I checked, the status for it was at 50% or so.

Juri is so beautiful. :wub: I love boyish girls. I'm gonna save some of the pics, thanks to everyone for sharing!!

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 26th, '08, 14:40

zeiroc wrote:What a whirlwind of emotions for Episode 3 * thank you seri for the softsubs!!!*

Oh, wow! Very good points that I didn't even think of. What a creep Sousuke!

I'm gay too, Vanilla-Rain so I understand your excitement haha.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 26th, '08, 17:27

Whoa~ Masami Nagasawa during her 'teenage boy' days. LOL. =3

Anyone knows which drama/movie that's from?
Attachments
masami-shota.jpg
masami-shota.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 4833 times

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Apr 26th, '08, 17:54

^Yuuki wrote: Haha, commented on the cup as well in my earlier post/comment about the episode.
Yup, totally read your post, but I I couldn't help myself from a temporary joy, shock and dismay to my developing cup theory :goggle:
^Yuuki wrote:Ruka used her dad as the example here, that love sometimes means that you have to see your loved ones through their choices instead of stopping them. Ruka has a great dad. Something Michiru never experienced before but is glad for Ruka. If you think about it, Ruka in a roundabout manner kinda confessed her feelings here. She loves Michiru, therefore she would not stop her if she feels happy with that guy even though it comes with hardship as well. So awesome. ;_; One of the best moments of Masami's acting is here too. She lied and you can feel her hesitancy and that she actually has a lot to say but can't say it. Then the tears comes, along with a sad smile/laugh...I think I can understand what Ruka must be feeling then. I agree with you about her acting chops getting better. She's pretty awesome at those anguished scenes.
WORD! Amazing analogy of love. Guess Michiru kind of understood it a bit following her request to Ruka in that scene.
Prisoner of Love is Love. It's awesome how it's integrated into the moments. They match it with the lyrics pretty well too. Can't emphasize how much it heightened the final scene especially, "The cruel fate tried to tear us apart but it ended up tying us closer together". Ahh~ I'm looking forward to the release of the single and the ost.
Thanks for the translation!

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 26th, '08, 17:54

i think it from sailor fuku something
but she always have short hair back on the old days

ShikyoxYaiba

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Apr 26th, '08, 18:06

Thanks for helping with the softsubs. :3
I watched ep3 again, and I must say that it was better the second time around. xD But still it's really sad. And since I know what the were saying in the preview, I have the feeling that Michiru wants to go back to Sousuke (wtf, really) and that Ruka probably attacked Sousuke. Or it could be the other way around and that Ruka was so freaked out that her body was all tense and made her hand shake like mad. ...Although I have to admit that I WANT to see Ruka attack Sousuke. (Not that I don't like Ryo, but more like I hate his character in this. xD) And I have to agree with a lot of you. If Michiru goes back to Sousuke, I'll help strangle her. :cussing:
Nodame Cantabile is it? I'll look it up. Based on what all of you have said here, it sounds good. :thumright:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 26th, '08, 18:27

zeiroc wrote:
^Yuuki wrote: Haha, commented on the cup as well in my earlier post/comment about the episode.
Yup, totally read your post, but I I couldn't help myself from a temporary joy, shock and dismay to my developing cup theory :goggle:
What, did the purple teletubby died or something? :mrgreen:

Salz: Don't think it was that short in Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu but my memories could be failing me. That particular picture seems like it's taken for a particular movie or something though. :scratch:

Some spoiler about why Ruka might be shaking that much in the preview for next ep:
To avoid that stalker Sousuke, she accepted the invitation to go out for a drink with the motorcross coach, Hayashida. They kinda got drunk and the guy kissed her...what else, I have no idea...
Check out the main site for the trailer n pictures. http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/lastfriends/index.html

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Apr 26th, '08, 18:35

Ruka's voiceover is always said in present tense of the episode. Unlike Michiru and Takeru, we never hear Ruka from the future speak about the current episode.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 26th, '08, 19:25

fayenatic wrote:
Ruka's voiceover is always said in present tense of the episode. Unlike Michiru and Takeru, we never hear Ruka from the future speak about the current episode.

I didn't notice that...crap...that's not good!!!

Btw, one thing I really like in EPisode 3:
Was when Michiru and Sousuke are having the "Don't say ill things about my Ruka" conversation, the camera takes a quick shot of Ruka winning the card game! It's almost like hinting that she's won (or finally has the upper hand) the whole Ruka vs Souseke match! YAY!! Well let's hope that's the case...Oh and I like Juri's cheeky grin when she takes the winning card from Oguri! cute!! haha
Geez - I can't wait to see Episode 4...
in the trailer you can see Ruka giving money to Michiru's mother - what's that about? Oh and the hand shaking thing? It really makes me wonder...

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 26th, '08, 19:45

sleepyzzz wrote: Geez - I can't wait to see Episode 4...
in the trailer you can see Ruka giving money to Michiru's mother - what's that about? Oh and the hand shaking thing? It really makes me wonder...
Could be the rent that Michiru promised to pay for her every month. If it was me, I wouldn't let Michiru outta the house too with that stalker still lurking around. The hand shaking thing, check out my previous post in the last page. Should be related to the 'I was attacked by a guy' part in the preview. Only it wasn't Sosuke even though they tried to make us think that with a shot of him.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 26th, '08, 19:56

fayenatic wrote:Ruka's voiceover is always said in present tense of the episode. Unlike Michiru and Takeru, we never hear Ruka from the future speak about the current episode.
Yeah, I paid a lot of attention to this too which scares the crap out of me...I've been trying to ignore this fact lol

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Apr 26th, '08, 20:45

Sorry for the tangent post, but I still haven't figured out why the show was named "Last Friends"? Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list of shows to check out (after finals).

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Apr 26th, '08, 22:06

I am beginning to not like the show... I really am trying to like it, I am getting pissed off. Instead of last friends it should be called michiru and sousuke story. There are so many characters that need some screen time. I want to see more of eita's unrequited love for juri shown. I know he wants to hook up with her (just adding fuel to my juri x eita flame). I am really wanting to know about eri. To me she is the girl I would most like to get to know in real life. She is a party girl for sure. I want to know more about her.

Sorry if this has been discussed (thead moves too fast for me to know).

The words by each character in the opening. Does anyone have any theories on it? I know ryo's was contradiction, I think his is quite obvious. He beats michiru, but still loves her and sends mixed messages. But any more theories? I am perplexed by eri's, hers is solitude. I wonder what makes her so lonely? I know that she gets ignored at work, but that is not enough for solitude...

And why the f does sousuke have enough time to wait outside of michiru's work everyday? I can not believe it, get a life. And 3 episodes in he still walks funny, he needs to work on it...

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Apr 26th, '08, 22:17

I'm going to scream if Michiru doesn't realize her love for Ruka any time soon. :cussing: I'm tired of this one-sided bullcrap. Michiru reminds me of those women on the Maury Povich show where the husbands/boyfriends abuse their wives and they just sit there and take it. *sighs* Yeah, it's true, it happens in real life. But common, Michiru...can't you see...Ruka is right in front of yooooou. :unsure:
So Ruka gets drunk and kisses her coach huh? :alcoholic: Wait, her coach kisses her? *confused* Wow, her coach has no gaydar... *giggles*

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Apr 26th, '08, 23:23

QNSpider wrote:
Wow, her coach has no gaydar... *giggles*
lmfao :lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 26th, '08, 23:35

XiaoPauli wrote:Sorry for the tangent post, but I still haven't figured out why the show was named "Last Friends"?
Me neither.. I guess, we have to wait till the LAST episode to figure it out ^^;

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 26th, '08, 23:51

jigenbakuda wrote:I am beginning to not like the show... I really am trying to like it, I am getting pissed off. Instead of last friends it should be called michiru and sousuke story. There are so many characters that need some screen time. I want to see more of eita's unrequited love for juri shown. I know he wants to hook up with her (just adding fuel to my juri x eita flame). I am really wanting to know about eri. To me she is the girl I would most like to get to know in real life. She is a party girl for sure. I want to know more about her.

Sorry if this has been discussed (thead moves too fast for me to know).

The words by each character in the opening. Does anyone have any theories on it? I know ryo's was contradiction, I think his is quite obvious. He beats michiru, but still loves her and sends mixed messages. But any more theories? I am perplexed by eri's, hers is solitude. I wonder what makes her so lonely? I know that she gets ignored at work, but that is not enough for solitude...

And why the f does sousuke have enough time to wait outside of michiru's work everyday? I can not believe it, get a life. And 3 episodes in he still walks funny, he needs to work on it...
I agree with most of things you say. They really need to develop other characters stories rather than only focus on the violence. okay, Sosuke is a psycho, a creepy DV, we got the message, rather than keep repeating the same degree, they should show a hint about his past or the reason that makes him become like this; if they can't, please pass on something else..
The other characters are being neglected too much. Honestly, who'd say without seeing the poster or the opening sequence that Eri is part of the story, that she has 'solitude' :blink WTH

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 27th, '08, 00:41

I was wondering about the eri -> solitude thing as well. I guess we will just have to continue to watch as I reallly don't have any clue. Perhaps she can't stand being alone, can that be considered solitude though @_@. And as for the other 4 words all seems pretty simple so far. I don't really mind the large amount of screen time that juri/masami gets perhaps thats due to my fanboyism.

Though I agree the reasons for ryou's dv habits should be more explained but given how fast they got into the idea of his dv, I really doubt they will talk too much about the reasons unless juri ends up trying to help masami by healing ryou since she is so stubborn.

And after looking at the relationship chart on wiki it seems that in the future
masami will fall for eita which will form a REAL triangle :lol perhaps others noticed that already i dunno.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 27th, '08, 00:43

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:Nodame Cantabile is it? I'll look it up. Based on what all of you have said here, it sounds good. :thumright:
Nodame is great. :thumleft:
Last edited by bmwracer on Apr 27th, '08, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 27th, '08, 00:47

Nodame is more than great :D

and oh yes, they totally over did that ryou stalking masami at work thing...... I mean being a social worker has THAT much flex time?

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 27th, '08, 02:23

Yup, when I saw the chart I was super sad lol

I think it's a good thing that Takeru and Eri's stories are being revealed to us little by little. I think it's purposely done to make you want to watch more but also because everything happens with time.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 27th, '08, 02:45

Well the 'solitude' for Eri is hinted/partially shown by her relationship with her colleague (other air-hostesses)...notice whenever she greets them, they act cold towards her...she's definately got more story behind her!! I really want more emphasis on her and Takeru...no more Michiru x Sousuke, we get the message already.