[Tutorial] How to download individual files from a batch

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Tutorial] How to download individual files from a batch

Post by BaekSoo » May 19th, '11, 08:46

A mini tutorial on how to download individual files from a batch torrent:

Utorrent / Bittorrent client
Please click on the (Files) tab as shown above. Select the file and do a right click.
Select [Don't Download] and the file will not be downloaded.
Select [Priority] and select normal if you selected wrongly and want to download the file.

To select multiple files do a (shift + left click) or (ctrl + left click) for more precise selection of files.

Vuze / Azureus
Click on Downloading and right click on the torrent. Select Show Details.
Select the Files Tab. Select the file that you don't want to download.
Right click on the selected file and select Set Priority and click Do Not download.
Select normal if you selected wrongly and want to download the file.

To select multiple files do a (shift + left click) or (ctrl + left click) for more precise selection of files.

Deluge
Select files tab. Right click on the file that you don't want to download and select Do Not Download.

Although there are many more clients, I can't cover all of them. As you can see from the above, most of them are similar for selecting the individual files.

You can help to seed (If you have the same files) by starting and stopping the torrent. By doing this it would have created blank files.
If no blank files are created, go to Options--> Preferences--> General, as shown above. Check mark [Pre-allocate all files]. Click OK and try starting and stopping again. Now blank files are created.

Overwrite the blank files with the whatever files you have. This includes partially downloaded or fully downloaded files. (If you haven't backed up the files, copy over instead of move.) Make sure it's the same name before overwriting the files. (If the files have been renamed from the original name, rename it back.)

Right click on the batch torrent and do a Force Re-check. (Torrent must be in a stopped state to do a Force Re-check) It will recognise the full or partially downloaded files. Now start the torrent and you will be helping to seed and downloading at the same time.
Last edited by BaekSoo on Sep 12th, '14, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

victorII

Post by victorII » Nov 18th, '12, 13:53

I think that another good solution is to select what you want to download from ,,Add new torrent" window. And then click OK, to add the torrent in the bitTorrent client, and then to start download.

vishal2

Re: [Tutorial] How to download individual files from a batch

Post by vishal2 » May 25th, '15, 15:27

excuse me but where can i get the torrent ? i dint found at ur link/

crunkbabe

Post by crunkbabe » Aug 25th, '15, 12:01

vishal2 wrote:excuse me but where can i get the torrent ? i dint found at ur link/
Hi, I am trying to download the torrent as well but can't find any links, can we get some help here? thank you..

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 25th, '15, 17:44

crunkbabe wrote:Hi, I am trying to download the torrent as well but can't find any links, can we get some help here? thank you..
The torrent section was closed last year: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 2&t=160259. Only the archived comments from the old torrent remain and all the threads are locked: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10.