I see .ass and .srt files, but I need .torrent files

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
lilchibiusa

I see .ass and .srt files, but I need .torrent files

Post by lilchibiusa » Sep 24th, '10, 21:47

I'm new to D-Addicts, and I am way more experienced in downloading via IRC than with torrent clients. I have U-Torrent, and I have downloaded a few files on it in the past, and they seemed to work okay. Here's where the problem begins. All of the files that I downloaded before to start downloading the episodes ended in the extension .torrent. However, when I tried to download Maou, the only file types available were .ass and .srt files. U-Torrent only recognizes the .torrent files when I go to "Add Torrent," so I'm thinking I'm missing something. I would love to be able to torrent J-Drama because the IRC selection is very limited. Can you help me?

Here is the page where I was trying to figure out how to download the episodes.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63167.htm

[D-W]Katsu

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Sep 24th, '10, 22:11

lilchibiusa

Post by lilchibiusa » Sep 24th, '10, 22:46

Thank you, but I am not looking for the RAWs. My problem is how to take the .ass and .srt files provided, and figure out how to use them to download the episodes that I want. When I tried to go to "Add Torrent" so I could start downloading the episodes, it said that the .ass and .srt files are invalid. I know that the files I've used before ending in .torrent always worked, so I'm not sure if I need to do something to U-Torrent or to the .ass/.srt files before I can set them to download. Actually, my computer doesn't seem to recognize .ass or .srt files at all. I'm pretty sure that I would have the same problem with any file type unless it ends in .torrent. I have very limited experience with torrents, so I'm not very familiar with the lingo, but this is the best that I can do to try to explain my problem.

Okashi

Post by Okashi » Sep 24th, '10, 23:00

The .ass and .srt files are subtitle files, the RAW's are videos without subtitles. So if you are looking for the torrent file of the videos, download the RAW video torrents files.

lilchibiusa

Post by lilchibiusa » Sep 24th, '10, 23:12

Oh! I see now! Thank you very much for your help!