WinAmp hangs at startup

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

WinAmp hangs at startup

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 10th, '10, 22:17

I have problem with WinAmp, the program hangs, but the audio file still plays. I have to use Ctrl + Alt + Del to shut down the program.
I think this began to happen after I updated Media Player Classic (build number 1.1.796.0) and VLC Media Player (v. 1.1.2) to the latest version.
The only codec pack I have installed is Combined Community Codec Pack.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Aug 11th, '10, 06:20

Anyway reason why you are still using WinAmp when there some many better media players out there?
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Aug 11th, '10, 07:02

I use winamp. I've never seen a music player that's as good for my particular needs.

Have you tried reinstalling it?
If you have enjoyed series you found here then please help the community by offering to seed in Series Of The Month

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 11th, '10, 08:23

peacht wrote:I use winamp. I've never seen a music player that's as good for my particular needs.
Have you tried reinstalling it?
Yes, I tried to uninstall v.5.52 and install the latest version, problem still the same.
XrayMind wrote:Anyway reason why you are still using WinAmp when there some many better media players out there?
I use WinAmp for the media library/auto-tag detecting of mp3s and when listening to online radio.
Any suggestions?

Edit Seems like the problem somehow fixed itself.
Installed some MS WinXp updates, reboot and WinAmp works.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Aug 13th, '10, 03:58

Glad you got Winamp working. I switch over to foobar2000 when I first heard about it. It has 1st and 3rd party plug-ins that add features to it. I am only using it as my main audio player and with the iPod plug-in for syncing with my iPod without using iTune.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 13th, '10, 09:02

Thank you I'll keep FoorBar in in mind for future use.