TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Nov 26th, '09, 17:25

So is it the case that some d-addicts torrents work at the same time as others are not working?
Or is it that some work sometimes but the same ones then stop working?
If you view the tracker tab, what is the status message for the tracker and for DHT?

noobee

Post by noobee » Nov 26th, '09, 17:49

i think d-addicts should start considering private tracker

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 27th, '09, 13:26

peacht wrote:So is it the case that some d-addicts torrents work at the same time as others are not working?
If you view the tracker tab, what is the status message for the tracker and for DHT?
I think i've figured out what's happening.
I left the torrent open for at least 6 hours, then it started downloading.
It is a green arrow.

The other torrents I left for longer than 6 hours, the tracker status kept on trying to reach it. You know, counting down from 60s, then just refresh.

So, with the torrent that eventually worked, I'm guessing it's either a problem with my computer connecting to the tracker swarm, or problem with the tracker itself. I'm sure other people have posted the same description problem.

Right now, the torrent I left for more than 16 hours, it downloaded a little bit, but now it's reset to 0 seeds 0 leech.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Nov 27th, '09, 13:37

If you view the peer stats on the torrent page you should see the current activity on the torrent. Some torrents show leechers and sometimes seeders which do not really exist but there is often something odd looking about them, multiple instances, perfect ratio etc. If there are many in the swarm and your client shows none then it's likely a connection problem for you.
Even if the tracker fails completely the torrent should still function via DHT.
I had an issue recently with security software which blocked d-addicts tracker, I could not connect to the tracker but the torrents still worked fine.
If I was there I may be able to figure it out.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 28th, '09, 00:03

I don't get it...
I'll figure it out eventually.

It's weird how new torrents work fine and older ones just don't like me anymore.

For example

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_26014.htm
Jyouou ep10 [704x396 DivX][RAW]

when I click on show peer stats
d14:failure reason20:info_hash is invalide

it says ul 7 dl 4, but in my utorrent client, it's 0 0.

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Nov 28th, '09, 00:31

fartyman wrote:
peacht wrote:So is it the case that some d-addicts torrents work at the same time as others are not working?
I think i've figured out what's happening.
I left the torrent open for at least 6 hours, then it started downloading.
It is a green arrow.

The other torrents I left for longer than 6 hours, the tracker status kept on trying to reach it. You know, counting down from 60s, then just refresh.

So, with the torrent that eventually worked, I'm guessing it's either a problem with my computer connecting to the tracker swarm, or problem with the tracker itself. I'm sure other people have posted the same description problem.

Right now, the torrent I left for more than 16 hours, it downloaded a little bit, but now it's reset to 0 seeds 0 leech.
You would get better support if you provide the answers that was asked of you. You still haven't answered those questions from Peacht. I'm guessing that you don't know how the torrent protocol works and that you haven't set up uTorrent properly.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 28th, '09, 01:29

"So is it the case that some d-addicts torrents work at the same time as others are not working?"
At a time, some work and others do not.

"Or is it that some work sometimes but the same ones then stop working?"
When the torrent was 'new', it worked perfectly. But I try to redownload the same file, but it comes up with 0 seeds 0 leech.

update: now, a torrent which didn't work for ages is now working.

"If you view the tracker tab, what is the status message for the tracker and for DHT?"
v1.6 doesn't have tracker tab
v1.8 (torrent that is now working)
dht not allowed
tracker working
v1.8 (torrent that not working)
dht not disabled
tracker working

I didn't have to tick DHT before, and everything was fine.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 28th, '09, 01:35

Solved.

I ticked everything in the bittorrent section of utorrent.

I remember now, my comp crashed, and utorrent had all the torrents in there wiped.

So maybe the settings didn't save.

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Nov 28th, '09, 02:25

fartyman wrote:Solved.

I ticked everything in the bittorrent section of utorrent.

I remember now, my comp crashed, and utorrent had all the torrents in there wiped.

So maybe the settings didn't save.
If that was the case, then you should check your other settings as well.
Also under bittorrent section: I prolly wouldn't tick "Limit local peer bandwidth'. Outgoing encryption = forced and "Allow incoming legacy connections" = unticked.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 29th, '09, 08:12

I did what you also said, notick Limit local peer bandwidth. notick allow incoming legacy connections.

I'm getting annoyed at a particular torrent.

Liar Game S2 E1 704x396
DHT not allowed
Local Peer Discovery not allowed
Peer Exchange not allowed

This is different from the other d-addicts torrents, where all the above said either 'working' or 'disabled' for the working torrents.

Suggest to redownload the torrent? Or look at reconfigurations?

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Nov 29th, '09, 09:16

fartyman wrote:I did what you also said, notick Limit local peer bandwidth. notick allow incoming legacy connections.

I'm getting annoyed at a particular torrent.

Liar Game S2 E1 704x396
DHT not allowed
Local Peer Discovery not allowed
Peer Exchange not allowed

This is different from the other d-addicts torrents, where all the above said either 'working' or 'disabled' for the working torrents.

Suggest to redownload the torrent? Or look at reconfigurations?
Those status is also dependent on the current status of that torrent. If you looked at the status of the other torrents such as "downloading", "queue", "queue seed", "finished" etc. From my observations this can be used by uTorrent (the client at your end) to manage the torrents. Such as if you use the scheduler to set certain conditions on a torrent but once the conditions changed then those status may changed.

I would just leave it - since d-addict torrents are quite reliable, that is even if they have no seeds someone will come along and seed it eventually. I waited months on a torrent once which didn't have any seeds with other peers and no one put in a seed request but someone eventually came and seed it.

Although, it's fun and addictive to observe the stats on bit torrent activities, don't get too obsessive by it. There are lots of other things you can download while you wait.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 30th, '09, 00:18

A thought came to my mind....

Ages ago, I heard about ratio limiting. It was introduced to prevent leechers.

For example, The main seed would only seed 10% of the file until every leecher had 10%, then only increase what it would seed to 20%. Do you follow me?

Could that be what's happening to some of the torrents I have problems with?

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Nov 30th, '09, 01:33

fartyman wrote:A thought came to my mind....

Ages ago, I heard about ratio limiting. It was introduced to prevent leechers.

For example, The main seed would only seed 10% of the file until every leecher had 10%, then only increase what it would seed to 20%. Do you follow me?

Could that be what's happening to some of the torrents I have problems with?

That sounds like superseeding or under uTorrent it's call initial seeding only that it doesn't get rid of the leeching problem. What it does it creates an initial large swarm. I have seen it happen before on D-addicts so it might be that because in superseeding mode you're not suppose to see the seeder, that is, it disguise itself as one of the peers and the stats will show the number of seeders as zero. If the swarm is say at 63% and you come in at 0% you will actually get a very fast download until you catch up to the swarm. I see this happens on new torrents more often than older torrents so it's not actually a problem at all. I wish more initial seeders would do this actually.

Edit: yes, you might be right, I remember it happens on some old torrents as well - I think so that old torrents can become resurrected and it only happens on close communities like d-addicts. In most other sites the torrent just dies.

BTW: the reason for making "outgoing protocol encryption" to "forced" and unticking "allow incoming legacy connections" is to stop Xunlei and other similar clients connecting to you. Xunlei is not a bittorent client at all but what it does is that it connects to the bittorent swarm and leeches of them and never giving anything back. For the user this isn't good because you have set up about 50 connections to each torrent but if most of them connect to Xunlei you're not getting much downloads. For the swarm this is bad also because when legitimate clients are seeding the torrents they can fulfill their seeding ratio and disconnect, but if most of those go to Xunlei clients which won't give back then the swarm will die an earlier death.

Disclaimer: What I have written here are only assumptions based on observations and analysis of torrent behaviour and stats over a period of time because I'm an insomniac. So I don't know whether it's technically correct or not. I should write a blog about it so that people can set-up their clients and router for more efficient downloads and uploads.

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 30th, '09, 12:28

Update:
I left the new torrent, which had 0 seed and 0 leech, for about 8 hours.
It was at 4.5% last time I checked.
I just checked, it's 100% finished.

Very strange, so in future, I'll just leave the torrent for a few days or so, even if it does say 0 seed 0 leech in utorrent.

Thanks for the help and observations, theuncontactable.

NEC

Post by NEC » Dec 2nd, '09, 18:19

Hello.

Just to let others know recently i've been experiencing awful speeds with the d-addicts along with what seems to be the usual 0 seeds 0 peers diagnosis.

Initially i thought this was down to using utorrent beta client, i even tried fresh installations and altogether different operating systems. xp win7 linux, connected my computer directly to the internet (i'm not really as techy as i sound.)

needless to say i've tried to deduct where the problem lies on my end as much as possible bar asking my ISP flat out if they are blocking the tracker. Which i seriously doubt but i'm sure i'll get around to asking them fairly soon but for now trying to download torrents with DHT disabled prior to signing up on the forums was futile.
Only now i can connect.. but just barely to a few seed and peers.. so slow so very slow

also my email reply was not instantaneous, a first for me..

who knows if this info will help others but i sure hope someone will help me thanks!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Problem with tracker?

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 5th, '10, 11:23

Is there some problem with the tracker?
Almost all uploads done by mavishwang do have listed 0 ULs/DLs.
But when loading a torrent he/she has uploaded in my torrent program it appears to have seeders.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jan 6th, '10, 03:43

There isn't a problem with the tracker - the tracker only recognizes and interprets statistics when using our own tracker (anounce URL http://d-addicts.net:7979)

almost (if not all) of everything uploaded by mavishwang are using different trackers.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jan 6th, '10, 09:26

I see, thank you for the answer. :)

untmdsprt

Post by untmdsprt » Feb 27th, '10, 10:23

I keep getting the "Scrape Error: Connection refused (IO)" when I'm trying to help seed torrents. Do I need to re-download the torrent file and point it to the completed file to get rid of this?

Is there something else I can do?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Feb 27th, '10, 10:28

untmdsprt wrote:I keep getting the "Scrape Error: Connection refused (IO)" when I'm trying to help seed torrents. Do I need to re-download the torrent file and point it to the completed file to get rid of this?

yup redownload the torrents :)

Asak

Post by Asak » Mar 6th, '10, 03:33

Hello, I've been trying for some days to download some torrents, but thing is all I can manage to do is to connect to 1 seed when it says it also has a lot of peers :cry: .And sometimes I can't even connect to that seed. With that I can neither help share the file nor download it. Is it some problem, like configuration problem? Or is it normal? I'm kind of beginner in torrent stuff so I don't know what is going on.
Oh, here is a print screen, don't know if it helps in any way to understand my situation, but:
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq26 ... ak/wot.jpg
Thank you in advance

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Mar 6th, '10, 03:43

Asak wrote:Hello, I've been trying for some days to download some torrents, but thing is all I can manage to do is to connect to 1 seed when it says it also has a lot of peers :cry: .And sometimes I can't even connect to that seed. With that I can neither help share the file nor download it. Is it some problem, like configuration problem? Or is it normal? I'm kind of beginner in torrent stuff so I don't know what is going on.
Oh, here is a print screen, don't know if it helps in any way to understand my situation, but:
Thank you in advance
That's sayig that there is only 1 person seeding the files. I believe you are only connected to 1 peer as well. I'm not too sure how it works myself, but the more seeders there are, the faster the DL's are. I know, that when i have a lot of seeders and peers on, i get about 3mb/sec. Hopefully someone else that is more knowledgeable can help out.

untmdsprt

Post by untmdsprt » Mar 6th, '10, 03:50

furransu wrote:
untmdsprt wrote:I keep getting the "Scrape Error: Connection refused (IO)" when I'm trying to help seed torrents. Do I need to re-download the torrent file and point it to the completed file to get rid of this?

yup redownload the torrents :)
Thanks, I'll see what I can do to get these fixed to seed them again.

Asak

Post by Asak » Mar 6th, '10, 21:35

lynchmob72 wrote:
Asak wrote:Hello, I've been trying for some days to download some torrents, but thing is all I can manage to do is to connect to 1 seed when it says it also has a lot of peers :cry: .And sometimes I can't even connect to that seed. With that I can neither help share the file nor download it. Is it some problem, like configuration problem? Or is it normal? I'm kind of beginner in torrent stuff so I don't know what is going on.
Thank you in advance
That's sayig that there is only 1 person seeding the files. I believe you are only connected to 1 peer as well. I'm not too sure how it works myself, but the more seeders there are, the faster the DL's are. I know, that when i have a lot of seeders and peers on, i get about 3mb/sec. Hopefully someone else that is more knowledgeable can help out.
Hm, but is it normal that I cannot connect to any of the peers available? I thought it should connect to at least some :-(

MartinLi

Post by MartinLi » Mar 7th, '10, 01:23

can someone help me out? Im downloading the Queen of Housewives batch torrent and on my Utorrent 2.0.1 beta, the tracker http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce says no connection could be made cause the tracker actively refused it. I am currently using Bell high speed internet. All advice and help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Mar 7th, '10, 07:35

MartinLi wrote:can someone help me out? Im downloading the Queen of Housewives batch torrent and on my Utorrent 2.0.1 beta, the tracker http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce says no connection could be made cause the tracker actively refused it. I am currently using Bell high speed internet. All advice and help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.
The d-addicts tracker is no longer running. If you redownload the torrent it should have an alternative tracker.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 21st, '10, 14:37

Looks like the following trackers are down:
http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce
and
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

My torrent for Soul are having a red arrow.

Tracker info have the following:
DHT: Working
Local Peer Discovery: Working
Peer Exchange: Working
http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce
Says the following in Swedish: Det gick inte att göra en anslutining eftersom måldatorn aktivt nekade det.
Something about: "Not being able to make an connection since the host denied it." (I don't know what it usually says in English) Anyone who can translate it?
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
Have the "Connection timed out" message

What do I do now, I can still seed, but I don't know how long the torrent will be seeded after I leave. :scratch:
Do I have to create a new torrent adding other trackers?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 27th, '10, 13:50

Did a Twitter search about OpenBittorent and found a blog post from May 25th 2010:

With the assistance of the Svea Court of Appeals, the main Hollywood movie studios have landed a triple blow on OpenBitTorrent, The Pirate Bay and site founders Gottfrid Svartholm and Fredrik Neij. The Court handed out three injunctions yesterday, one of which took the OpenBitTorrent tracker offline.

Sources: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1416
http://torrentfreak.com/hollywood-lands ... nt-100522/

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 27th, '10, 18:14

I didn't notice openbittorrent's trackers were down, because I was also using publicbt.com's trackers. Anyway, you should add or switch to the following two URLs in your torrents.

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce

usmasuda

Post by usmasuda » May 28th, '10, 19:26

I am still having a problem in connecting trackers even with http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce.

BitTorrent seems to keep trying to connect to http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce and receiving "WARNING: Problem connecting to tracker (http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce): Timeout while contacting server" since May 27, 2010.

Could someone out there help me, please?

hm