TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
enazekinaz

Post by enazekinaz » Dec 4th, '04, 05:52

Thank you okumasama + Zetai + MoerkJ + others ..
problem solved! :lol
everyone in here is really nice.. always willing to help others who helplessly addicted :P
and again... thank you :mrgreen:

Jercouzen

Post by Jercouzen » Dec 4th, '04, 09:00

woot that did the job :P

you guys rock ^_^

melich

Post by melich » Dec 4th, '04, 09:04

my problem's solved too. thanks you guys!!!

twix

Post by twix » Dec 4th, '04, 10:47

it still doesn't work for me...well only one torrent is downloading, the rest reads
"Error: Tracker Response Error: info hash missing in Tracker: http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce"
i am still having problems with the following torrents:
Lover in Paris Ep.17
Ohpilseung Ep.2
Stained Glass Ep.01
Princes First Love EP7
Damo EP 12

Is there anything else I can do??

Thanks!!!!

synapse

Post by synapse » Dec 4th, '04, 16:42

twix wrote:it still doesn't work for me...well only one torrent is downloading, the rest reads
"Error: Tracker Response Error: info hash missing in Tracker: http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce"
i am still having problems with the following torrents:
Lover in Paris Ep.17
Ohpilseung Ep.2
Stained Glass Ep.01
Princes First Love EP7
Damo EP 12

Is there anything else I can do??

Thanks!!!!
Im having the same problem with Lovers in Paris episode 17 too, but I tried following the instructions above (Ultra edit wokrs for me). And now my torrent for episode 17 is running. Maybe you can try to re download the torrent for Lovers in Paris episode 17 then do the necessary edits. :D BY the way thanks guys for the help.

Lian

Post by Lian » Dec 4th, '04, 17:35

I'm having trouble with Last Christmas Ep O2. I keep getting:

<urlopen error (7, 'No addrress associated with nodename')>

If I understand correctly, I need to manually edit the torrent file but I don't have a torrent program (or I don't think I have a torrent program) that will let me do that. I'm working in the Mac environment, OS 10.3, with BitTorrent 3.4.2 and Azureus 2.0.8.4

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. (Thanks okumasama for pointing me here.)

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Dec 4th, '04, 17:59

okumasama wrote:* This message is re-edited since finally it won't work with Windows notepad as I suggested before.
1. Download Ultra edit here: http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name ... etit&lid=1
2.Install it.
3.Open the .torrent file with Ultra Edit.
4.At the absolute beggining of the file, between all that machine code there should be this:"http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce".
5.Change very carefully only this into "http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce". Be carefull not to change anything else before or after that text.
6.Save the file and exit Ultra edit.
7.Now load the torrent into any client and it should work.
i too can't connect, so i followed your idea which was the ultra edit [aint got a clue what its for but if it help thats ok] i got as far as number 2 - install it. i didint understand the 'open the .torrent file with ultra edit' can anyone please explain to me in easy english as what to do. btw, i use ABC for my client

Cinemade

Post by Cinemade » Dec 4th, '04, 18:06

wujou_mao wrote:
okumasama wrote:* This message is re-edited since finally it won't work with Windows notepad as I suggested before.
1. Download Ultra edit here: http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name ... etit&lid=1
2.Install it.
4.At the absolute beggining of the file, between all that machine code there should be this:"http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce".
5.Change very carefully only this into "http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce". Be carefull not to change anything else before or after that text.
i too can't connect, so i followed your idea which was the ultra edit [aint got a clue what its for but if it help thats ok] i got as far as number 2 - install it. i didint understand the 'open the .torrent file with ultra edit' can anyone please explain to me in easy english as what to do. btw, i use ABC for my client
I'm not sure what ultra edit is (probably some text editor?) but since you said you're using ABC you can simply put http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce in external announce on the torrent you're having trouble connecting with in ABC.

evanichka

Post by evanichka » Dec 4th, '04, 18:48

wujou_mao wrote:
2.Install it.
3. open the .torrent file with Ultra Edit
you need to have a copy of the .torrent file on your hard drive. this means that you have to save the .torrent file for each file you want to download from the link on whatever page you are downloading the video files from. you can do this by right clicking on the torrent link and then 'save as'.

next, right click on the file you downloaded, and choose 'Ultra-edit 32' this will open the file in ultra edit. on the left column youll see a bunch of HEX codes, but on the right most column you will see plain text that says "http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce". simply replace this with "http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce"

note: you will notice that you cannot delete characters (you can only overwrite), but its ok since the length of the two addresses are exactly the same.

now, save the file and double click on the edited .torrent file to start your download

Lian

Post by Lian » Dec 4th, '04, 20:29

evanichka wrote:note: you will notice that you cannot delete characters (you can only overwrite), but its ok since the length of the two addresses are exactly the same.
When I finally realized that I didn't need a special text edit program, just any text edit program, I used the TextEdit that comes installed as part of the Mac OS. Worked like a charm. And, in this case, it will delete and replace.

Hope that helps someone else. I really appreciate the information this forum provides.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 4th, '04, 20:35

Lian wrote:
evanichka wrote:note: you will notice that you cannot delete characters (you can only overwrite), but its ok since the length of the two addresses are exactly the same.
When I finally realized that I didn't need a special text edit program, just any text edit program, I used the TextEdit that comes installed as part of the Mac OS. Worked like a charm. And, in this case, it will delete and replace.

Hope that helps someone else. I really appreciate the information this forum provides.

In azureus there is a function where you can right click the current torrent in view and edit or change tracker url. or am I totally out in the blue here ?

kanata

Post by kanata » Dec 4th, '04, 21:43

Nothing from d-addcits is working at the moment for me.I find it time-consuming to download the torrent file, edit it using a text editor, and get it to work that way. For myself, when I do that it takes a long time. It would be better if those who upload torrents edit the parts that need to be editted to get it working for everybody without this temporary workaround method.

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Dec 4th, '04, 22:11

kanata wrote:Nothing from d-addcits is working at the moment for me.I find it time-consuming to download the torrent file, edit it using a text editor, and get it to work that way. For myself, when I do that it takes a long time. It would be better if those who upload torrents edit the parts that need to be editted to get it working for everybody without this temporary workaround method.
Why make life harder on the uploaders? if it's too time consuming for you then I guess you'll just have to wait until the tracker is back up and working properly.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 4th, '04, 22:18

leeunit wrote:
kanata wrote:Nothing from d-addcits is working at the moment for me.I find it time-consuming to download the torrent file, edit it using a text editor, and get it to work that way. For myself, when I do that it takes a long time. It would be better if those who upload torrents edit the parts that need to be editted to get it working for everybody without this temporary workaround method.
Why make life harder on the uploaders? if it's too time consuming for you then I guess you'll just have to wait until the tracker is back up and working properly.
righto leeunit~

kanata: if you want the torrent files badly, then do something about it. but if it's too "time-consuming" for you, then just wait it out rather than to put more work on the uploaders. if it's too time-consuming for you, don't you think it's also time-consuming for the uploaders to do that extra work for the likes of you? they can't satisfy your every need and whim.

kanata

Post by kanata » Dec 4th, '04, 22:26

lilswtangel wrote:kanata: if you want the torrent files badly, then do something about it. but if it's too "time-consuming" for you, then just wait it out rather than to put more work on the uploaders. if it's too time-consuming for you, don't you think it's also time-consuming for the uploaders to do that extra work for the likes of you? they can't satisfy your every need and whim.
What do you mean 'likes of you' and 'they can't satisfy your every need and whim'. You make me sound like a selfish person. Not everybody has the same knowledge with computers or know how torrents are made.
Last edited by kanata on Dec 4th, '04, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 4th, '04, 22:36

again, it isn't the tracker. it works fine. Your nameserver just doesnt know the tracker's new IP address and thus your comp cannot find the tracker. :x

use the ip address instead of "d-addicts.com" if you have problems, mkay?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 4th, '04, 22:39

i'm sure not everybody here are computer engineers, but at least they're willing to learn. that's why there is a support forum. you can ask a question and others know the answer, they'll help out.

take for example, okumasama wrote a possible solution with a list of steps to this situation. if one is never willing to try, then how does he/she learn?

i'm sure ruro and all the moderators are following the tracker problem but in the meantime, a temporary solution is up.

i'm not trying to flame you, but your suggestion sounded more like the support that everyone is giving isn't appreciated. as well as for the fact that the uploaders are already uploading for us so why have them go out of their way just to better everything for us?

so we do whatever we can do to help out...even if it's in the end helping ourselves more since we're the ones that want the torrents.

[edit]
and yes, so it wasn't the tracker.
Last edited by lilswtangel on Dec 4th, '04, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

kanata

Post by kanata » Dec 4th, '04, 22:39

MoerkJ wrote:again, it isn't the tracker. it works fine. Your nameserver just doesnt know the tracker's new IP address and thus your comp cannot find the tracker. :x

use the ip address instead of "d-addicts.com" if you have problems, mkay?
Thank you, thats all I needed.

kanata

Post by kanata » Dec 4th, '04, 22:41

lilswtangel wrote:i'm sure not everybody here are computer engineers, but at least they're willing to learn. that's why there is a support forum. you can ask a question and others know the answer, they'll help out.

take for example, okumasama wrote a possible solution with a list of steps to this situation. if one is never willing to try, then how does he/she learn?

i'm sure ruro and all the moderators are following the tracker problem but in the meantime, a temporary solution is up.

i'm not trying to flame you, but your suggestion sounded more like the support that everyone is giving isn't appreciated. as well as for the fact that the uploaders are already uploading for us so why have them go out of their way just to better everything for us?

so we do whatever we can do to help out...even if it's in the end helping ourselves more since we're the ones that want the torrents.

[edit]
and yes, so it wasn't the tracker.
yeah, i understand. sorry

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 4th, '04, 22:50

Just to clarify one more time. The tracker is up and running fine the problem is the IP resolution of the domain name "d-addicts.net". I have already made the necessary changes yesterday to fix this problem but this "change" usually takes around 24-48 hours to propagate around the world to your ISP. Thus some people see no problems because the changes have already reached them while others are still seeing the problem because they're stil waiting for the changes or their ISP has not updated their cache.

The temporary solution as others have mention is to use the IP address of the server directly instead of using the name. The two ways to do this is to either

1. Use your bittorrent client to do an external announce (http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce) or add another announce/tracker url to the torrent. Most modern client can do this just look around for options like external announce or add tracker url or something like that.

2. Change the tracker url yourself in the .torrent file. Usually I would recommend using a proper torrent editor to do this but since the length of the name "d-addicts.net" and its IP address "217.172.47.44" is exactly the same it is possible to just edit it using a text editor.

Again these are temporary solution, the permanent solution has already been put in place it just needs time to reach you.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 5th, '04, 01:24

Just got a notice from my provider:
since 18:00 CET we're encountering sporadic packet losses in the backbone
of our upstream KPN/Eurorings. Due to this you may encountering slow data
throughput rates or timeouts / delays while using network-services in our
LAN. Our DE-CIX connectivity is not affected by this.
So in addition to the nameserver problem there is also this so it might account for anybody having problems even after they've changed the announce url.

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Dec 5th, '04, 01:35

wahh so that means i got a good ip? lolz....and i was gonna stop using sbc yahoo too hmmmz mayb this isnt the rght place to say that lolz

kanosg

Post by kanosg » Jan 3rd, '05, 15:48

sorry but anyone with problem connecting to tracker??

i tried today.... the 3rd of jan... but it just can't seem to connect....

so many things i want are out there though....
bali, Johnny's countdown, ROTK!!!!! and korean series of the month!!!!

i think the singapore authorities will get me soon for this...
haha

sob sob... i missing out on so much great stuff......

awaits patiently for replies.......

AND HELP!!!

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Jan 3rd, '05, 16:28

Errr, I also got the same problem. And I am also in singapore. Is this because of the new law?

sosushi2

Connection

Post by sosushi2 » Jan 3rd, '05, 17:05

I haven't been able to connect either. I'm glad to hear that it's not just my computer. I was running every computer check I could find. Hopefully, it's just a temporary problem.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 3rd, '05, 19:00

perhaps it could be singapore? i am in hawaii, and i'm connecting fine (to most torrents).

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Jan 18th, '05, 02:27

jholic wrote:perhaps it could be singapore? i am in hawaii, and i'm connecting fine (to most torrents).
I am in Hawaii and I have not been able to connect to any torrents for the past 3 hours. :x

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 18th, '05, 02:44

Paniolagirl wrote:
jholic wrote:perhaps it could be singapore? i am in hawaii, and i'm connecting fine (to most torrents).
I am in Hawaii and I have not been able to connect to any torrents for the past 3 hours. :x
yeah thats because the tracker server is under attack again.

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Jan 18th, '05, 02:53

damn
whos attacking the tracker server again? :crazy:

MPAA? :glare: :glare:

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Jan 18th, '05, 02:56

Well, whoever or whatever it is needs to stop. I am trying to feed my addiction here. Ever see what happens when an addict doesn't get their fix?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 18th, '05, 03:04

Well I've turned off some services on that box for now and the attacked stopped. They hitting it hard, it was at a load average for 10 for awhile then they turn up the attack and it went to 150 and I could barely do anything.

They weren't actually attacking the d-addict tracker itself, they were after a different tracker on that box. But anyway, should be back to normal now and I'll have to give the bad news to someone else.

Mikey.G.

Post by Mikey.G. » Feb 27th, '05, 04:45

Problem connecting to tracker now... :cry:

Wwaldo37

Post by Wwaldo37 » Feb 27th, '05, 06:03

Is A tracker down? I've been having "Can't get data from tracker" errors for the last 2 days on maybe 50% of my d-addicts torrents. (I can get data for 1 ep but not next ep of SAME series oddly) I seem to be able to dl/ul to torrents that have the (no data) error message as well (takes some time).

Also I havent seen a lot of posts regarding this issure... It is happening to others right?

Thanks

Carn

Post by Carn » Feb 27th, '05, 06:09

The no data error message may be because when your client tried to open up the torrent file, it wasn't there anymore (it was just temporarily created). Try saving the file to your computer and opening it up.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '05, 11:43

give it some time. i've also had 'unable to connect to tracker' messages on my torrents, but if i leave them on for about 20min, they eventually connect.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Feb 28th, '05, 02:14

jholic wrote:give it some time. i've also had 'unable to connect to tracker' messages on my torrents, but if i leave them on for about 20min, they eventually connect.
Whoo, glad to see its not only me having this problem, I was just about to do a complete overhaul on my computer....hopes this all straightens out soon. :crazy:

Wwaldo37

cant get data from tracke

Post by Wwaldo37 » Feb 28th, '05, 07:13

I primarily use abc-2.7.0-test as a bittorrent client
I have been seeing "cant get data from tracker" errors for the last 3-4 days
on 3 different networks on 2 different computers. Oddly the even though the error occurs I often am able to connect and dl/ul to clients/servers after some time goes by (slower then normally). I thought it was the d-addicts tracker, however, I'm seeing the error on other trackers as well. I've thought maybe there was a widespread tracker server software upgrade or mayb tracker traffic got blocked/filtered somehow. i've seen this problem on both SBC(dsl) and comcast(cable). So i'm a little in the dark.

Just some info in case anybody is looking into this?

edit:
Thanks MoerkJ :w00t: for looking into it like you did (below)
tkx j(posta)holic wow your the top poster here (by 700 msg) didn't notice till now
Last edited by Wwaldo37 on Feb 28th, '05, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 28th, '05, 07:44

Wwaldo37: abc hasn't updated their client in a while (i believe), and other people are having problems with it. try another client and see if it works out for you. i recommend bittornado.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Feb 28th, '05, 17:48

Yesterday I tested the tracker with a torrent... after a long BT abstinence. :lol
Both with Bittornado and ABC (v 2.6.9 stable) it took a while until I got connected. The tracker seems a bit overloaded at the moment... Weird. :|
Just be patient when starting a download or try clicking the "Manual Announce" button if nothing happens after some minutes. But don't hammer it as it won't improve the overall situation and would only cause more stress for the tracker.
XD

Yashiro

Post by Yashiro » Feb 28th, '05, 18:01

I've got some problems too , but with Manual Announce , it work perfectly :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 28th, '05, 21:47

Hrm, the load on the server is fine but I'm guessing the tracker software is having a hard time processing the request for 17,000 peers.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Mar 1st, '05, 01:51

MoerkJ wrote:Yesterday I tested the tracker with a torrent... after a long BT abstinence. :lol
Both with Bittornado and ABC (v 2.6.9 stable) it took a while until I got connected. The tracker seems a bit overloaded at the moment... Weird. :|
Just be patient when starting a download or try clicking the "Manual Announce" button if nothing happens after some minutes. But don't hammer it as it won't improve the overall situation and would only cause more stress for the tracker.
XD
"Manual Announce"? What button is that? Its probably staring me right in the face, I really need to pay attention more. :lol Anyway, like someone else mentioned I've been having this problem with a few other trackers as well...definitely weird. I was sure at first that the Windows update I installed was somehow the problem, but now I won't touch a thing and let everything work itself out. :D

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Mar 1st, '05, 02:12

JadedAngel wrote:"Manual Announce"? What button is that? Its probably staring me right in the face, I really need to pay attention more. :lol Anyway, like someone else mentioned I've been having this problem with a few other trackers as well...definitely weird. I was sure at first that the Windows update I installed was somehow the problem, but now I won't touch a thing and let everything work itself out. :D
You could at least have told us what client you use... :crazy:

If you use Bittornado... click on "Advanced" and then a new window pops open with the "Manual Announce" button.

If you use ABC... right-click on the torrent in the list and select "Advanced Details". Then a new window should open with the "Manual Announce" button.

And if you use another client then you have to search yourself. :P

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Mar 1st, '05, 02:17

yeap taking a while for it to connect even with Manual Connect ......

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Mar 1st, '05, 08:19

MoerkJ wrote:You could at least have told us what client you use... :crazy:

If you use Bittornado... click on "Advanced" and then a new window pops open with the "Manual Announce" button.

If you use ABC... right-click on the torrent in the list and select "Advanced Details". Then a new window should open with the "Manual Announce" button.

And if you use another client then you have to search yourself. :P
:lol Yeah, thanks, I have BitTornado, but after much "searching" I finally found it. Hope it works.

ziczac

Post by ziczac » Mar 21st, '05, 13:59

well, mine doesn't work for more than 5 hours?? any suggestions?? :cry:

ryuworks

Post by ryuworks » Mar 24th, '05, 01:33

I have been getting blue lights ever since a week ago.... Don't know what went wrong. Have been using the same settings since long time ago and they work fine till recently... The strange thing is, the trackers show the green lights at first.... then after a while they change to blue!!! what happened? Anyone here can help me?

dr34ming_jb

Post by dr34ming_jb » Apr 14th, '05, 22:18

grrr, my torrent in Azureus says "Connection Error (timeout) to the tracker, does anyone else have the same problem?

amzo

Post by amzo » Apr 16th, '05, 19:04

dr34ming_jb wrote:grrr, my torrent in Azureus says "Connection Error (timeout) to the tracker, does anyone else have the same problem?
yes me too
how to solve this problem plz

Carn

Post by Carn » Apr 17th, '05, 06:56

Hmm..I wonder why the tracker isn't updating stats on the Torrents page..

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 17th, '05, 09:59

i noticed this also. seems to have started right at han's upload of 'learning japanese ep2'.

Carn

Post by Carn » Apr 17th, '05, 16:01

Well, seems to have updated..maybe it just took a while. ^_^

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Apr 17th, '05, 16:13

you guys look too often at the torrent page. :nuts:
don't you know that the more often you look the slower it updates? It's Murphy's law. :lol

Carn

Post by Carn » Apr 17th, '05, 16:23

Moerk: That explains it all! :lol

*removes the F5 key from jholic's keyboard*

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 17th, '05, 19:42

I've been trying to download the rest of SHINSENGUMI! (episodes 37 - 49) but everytime I click on a download link I get an error in Azereus
Connection Error (timeout) to the tracker
Is there a reason to why this is happening? Also the stats haven't updated since... last week.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 17th, '05, 22:45

I just tested trying to download shinsengumi ep49 and it works fine. Possibly something wrong on your end.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 00:24

I can't seem to figure it out, cause I'm seeding the 13 - 37 batch fine but I just can't download o_O

Here's what's going on:

It'll try to download the torrent for download....

then after a minute or so it gives this error

i try downloading it directly without using my torrent program to my PC

and after waiting a minute or two i get a 404

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 18th, '05, 01:36

Looks like you're having trouble getting to lunarpages.com

see this topic http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11793

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 02:15

I checked out the topic and did what they said but when i keep pinging the site i keep getting a request timed out. :/

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 18th, '05, 02:45

Ladymercury wrote:I checked out the topic and did what they said but when i keep pinging the site i keep getting a request timed out. :/
Ring your ISP ask them if there's any network problem to lunarpages.com

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 02:49

Well, I realize that I have no problems connecting here: http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce/

I have problems with lunarpages. ah well :/

EDIT: I don't have problems with lunarpages.com, but with momusu.lunarpages.com i have the problem.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 18th, '05, 02:57

In that case you should try the host file work around suggested in that other topic.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 03:00

http://xanthe.lunarpages.com/~momusu2/ <-- that? i tried that and it didn't work, i'll try again. thanks for your help!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 18th, '05, 03:14

Ladymercury wrote:http://xanthe.lunarpages.com/~momusu2/ <-- that? i tried that and it didn't work, i'll try again. thanks for your help!
no I was talkinga bout using the IP address and placing it in the "host" file (assuming you're using windows xp)

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 03:18

i did that already and nothing happened... or nothing worked.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 18th, '05, 03:24

Ladymercury wrote:i did that already and nothing happened... or nothing worked.
hrm bizarre must be some routing issue with certain addres range with lunarpages then.

Well there is an alternative URL: http://d-addicts.net/torrents/%5BT-R%5D ... vi.torrent

that will give you shinsengumi ep49.

You can also use http://d-addicts.net/torrents and append the torrent name at the end of that to get other torrents.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 18th, '05, 09:11

Carn wrote:*removes the F5 key from jholic's keyboard*
what's that??

i didn't even know f5 refreshed the page!!! oh, NOW we know who's been hammering the torrent page!!

(Carn) <---------- :glare: (jholic)

(and gimme back my f5 key....)

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 18th, '05, 12:02

Ruroshin wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:i did that already and nothing happened... or nothing worked.
hrm bizarre must be some routing issue with certain addres range with lunarpages then.

Well there is an alternative URL: http://d-addicts.net/torrents/%5BT-R%5D ... vi.torrent

that will give you shinsengumi ep49.

You can also use http://d-addicts.net/torrents and append the torrent name at the end of that to get other torrents.

That worked a charm. Thanks!

jingle

Problem connecting to tracker

Post by jingle » Apr 18th, '05, 18:12

I am another one with connecting problem.

I was stuck on 45.7% of Heaven's Coin 2 for several days. Everytime I tried connecting, The error message said,
"Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, Operation timed out)>"
First I think it would reconnect automatically. But now it is several days and I still cannot connect to the tracker. While JTV tracker worked fine for me.
I also tried some other torrent files. Nothing worked.
Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Apr 19th, '05, 10:58

Try like what the others said, reconfiguring your host file, using the alternate urls, pinging the server. :) It worked for me.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem connecting to tracker

Post by MoerkJ » Apr 19th, '05, 11:28

jingle wrote:I was stuck on 45.7% of Heaven's Coin 2 for several days. Everytime I tried connecting, The error message said,
"Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, Operation timed out)>"
First I think it would reconnect automatically. But now it is several days and I still cannot connect to the tracker. While JTV tracker worked fine for me.
I also tried some other torrent files. Nothing worked.
Any advices?
Hmm, are you talking about Heavens Coin from Jem's torrent? Make sure you're not using an old torrent file. The tracker has changed (and thus the torrent's announce url). You need to resume your download with a new torrent file.

You can also try a manual announce and enter the new announce of Jem's tracker (http://217.172.47.136:6969/announce)

This shouldn't happen with torrents from the D-A tracker. :|
Last edited by MoerkJ on Apr 19th, '05, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

jingle

Post by jingle » Apr 19th, '05, 11:33

Ladymercury wrote:Try like what the others said, reconfiguring your host file, using the alternate urls, pinging the server. :) It worked for me.
I tried adding 216.193.207.187 momusu.lunarpages.com to my host file (if it's what you mean by reconfiguring host file). It didn't work.
I can ping and get result from the server.

I can access the site and torrent file. So I don't think alternate urls would help.
I tried saving other torrents on d-addicts and find no problem. But when connecting to tracker, it always failed.
:-(

jingle

Post by jingle » Apr 19th, '05, 11:38

MoerkJ wrote: Hmm, are you talking about Heavens Coin from Jem's torrent? Make sure you're not using an old torrent file. The tracker has changed (and thus the torrent's announce url). You need to resume your download with a new torrent file.

You can also try a manual announce and enter the new announce of Jem's tracker (http://217.172.47.136:6969/announce)

I'm talking about Heaven's Coin Season 2 Ep 11, posted here by eltinator. I'm stucked 3-4 days.
Now I found I cannot get connected to any torrents on d-addicts tracker.
Any hints?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Apr 19th, '05, 11:48

jingle wrote:
MoerkJ wrote: Hmm, are you talking about Heavens Coin from Jem's torrent? Make sure you're not using an old torrent file. The tracker has changed (and thus the torrent's announce url). You need to resume your download with a new torrent file.

I'm talking about Heaven's Coin Season 2 Ep 11, posted here by eltinator. I'm stucked 3-4 days.
Any hints?
Tell me, what does you HOSTS file look like? This way, I can see if there's something wrong with the way you're setting up the tracker correctly.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Apr 19th, '05, 12:29

jingle wrote:I'm talking about Heaven's Coin Season 2 Ep 11, posted here by eltinator. I'm stucked 3-4 days.
Any hints?
yup, make sure you have either no entry for d-addicts.net in your hosts file, or the right one (which should be 'd-addicts.net 217.172.47.136') :wink:

better be careful... if you have a wrong entry in your hosts file you won't be able to reach the corresponding site at all.