Mac Error When Burning Data

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
chocomocha

Mac Error When Burning Data

Post by chocomocha » May 6th, '09, 10:03

Hi, im trying to burn data's from my mac os x ... on Roxio Toast Titanium CD Burner.
So i inserted my DVD+R 4.7 GB onto the drive, and there's this error that appear:

Do you know what's the problem here, what is Matshita DVD-R UJ-845E?
Doe's this mean i need to use a DVD-R? or this specific DVD? ..

Do u know how i could burn CD without using DVD-R .. i prefer DVD+R ..

Please help, thanks!

mt877

Post by mt877 » May 8th, '09, 11:39

Matshita DVD-R UJ-845E is the DVD burner in your Mac. It can burn DVD+R blanks, but this does not mean it can burn all DVD+R blanks, it all depends on the manufacture codes in the firmware of the Matshita DVD-R UJ-845E. You'll have to do a search to find the compatibility list of DVD+R media that will work.

Are you using cheap silver top discs? If so, it might be better to use name brand media. Did the media you have work before? Do you have any other DVD or CD blanks to try out? With Toast not running, when you insert a blank, does a Mac dialog box pop up asking what you want to do with the media?

Did you try another burning program besides Toast? If you don't have another burning program go to macupdate.com and look for a freeware burning program to try as a test.

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » May 8th, '09, 18:29

Hi mt877, Thank You very much for the help!
Yeah i was using a cheap DVD brand, well not that cheap, but compare to Sony etc.. it is.
My sister said she tried it before and it worked, so maybe it was the DVD brand.

This is the only CD Burner i got on my mac, i didn't know i had it. I had lots of file's on my mac.
& decided to burn it recently. I would try all the advice u gave, Thanks Alot!! :D