Please help..how to convert h264 files to dvd

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
yukachan

Please help..how to convert h264 files to dvd

Post by yukachan » Mar 3rd, '08, 18:03

I just downloaded all the eps of Oniyome Nikki but when I tried to convert the h264 files to a dvd, its giving me a problem. I tried and downloaded all the codecs and software people suggested in various thread and did not work. Any of you techies out there can help me out? Thanks/

dhmylene

Post by dhmylene » Mar 3rd, '08, 18:46

I have been using ConvertXtoDVD for years. Try if you like it before you pay. New simple way without spending hours...
Connecting your desktop/laptop to television wireless

sokakuning

Post by sokakuning » Mar 3rd, '08, 18:56

I second dhmylene, and am using ConvertXToDVD for two years now... You may try first for free for some weeks. A couple years ago (2006) the license was not that expensive; It was some $30 for the rights to upgrade within a year. I did not renew the license in 2007 since the latest version I got (August 2007) is still working well...

yukachan

Post by yukachan » Mar 3rd, '08, 19:53

thanks for the advice. Downloading it now and will report back later.

yukachan

Post by yukachan » Mar 3rd, '08, 21:45

Thank you dhmylene and Sokakuning, this program worked perfectly. Simple and fast. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

yukachan

Post by yukachan » Mar 4th, '08, 18:32

So I was so happy that I can encode this show into a dvd ... as I started to watch the show, I noticed that the subtitles were cut off at the bottom of the tv screen. I tried to play around with the tv format configurations that was in the software but no matter which options that I burned the show in, its still cutting off at the bottom. It even looks like the screen was scretched top to bottom (thus resulting in the cutting off of the subtitles). Any suggestions? I thought about re-encoding the dvd into a avi format then reconfigure the display dimension and then encode it back to a dvd. Its a long process but I hope to avoid it if a better solution is available? :-)

Thanks.

dhmylene

Post by dhmylene » Mar 4th, '08, 21:35

@yukachan: Click Setting menu --> Subtitles --> Text subtitle....
the place where you can make changes, font, color, margin...etc.
Last edited by dhmylene on Mar 4th, '08, 22:15, edited 4 times in total.

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Mar 4th, '08, 21:51

yukachan wrote:So I was so happy that I can encode this show into a dvd ... as I started to watch the show, I noticed that the subtitles were cut off at the bottom of the tv screen. I tried to play around with the tv format configurations that was in the software but no matter which options that I burned the show in, its still cutting off at the bottom. It even looks like the screen was scretched top to bottom (thus resulting in the cutting off of the subtitles). Any suggestions? I thought about re-encoding the dvd into a avi format then reconfigure the display dimension and then encode it back to a dvd. Its a long process but I hope to avoid it if a better solution is available? :-)

Thanks.
Settings>TV Format>TV Screen>4:3 (FullScreen).
This is the setting I use to correct the problem. See if it works for you.

Also is anyone able to convert Huo Juan Ji?