Subtitle Workshop 2.51: Audio is working, but video is not

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
nitelite

Subtitle Workshop 2.51: Audio is working, but video is not

Post by nitelite » Oct 30th, '07, 07:19

Hey,

I just started using Subtitle Workshop to edit subtitles for a drama, but when I load the subtitles, the audio from the .avi file plays, but I can't see the video. How do I fix this? It's inconvenient for me to play the .avi in an external player (Windows Media Player) because I have to keep checking back on the timings. Does anyone know an easier way to do this or if you can find out why the video isn't playing? Anything is appreciated.

Thanks,
nitelite

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Oct 30th, '07, 14:18

I had so much video problem with that subtitles program, I gave up on it. The program is no longer updated by the author. So I just switch to Aegisub instead.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

dhmylene

Post by dhmylene » Oct 30th, '07, 14:18

@nitelite: Using Subtitle Workshop, opening the subtitle file(s), the video will load up automatically after having both files with the same name.

nitelite

Post by nitelite » Oct 30th, '07, 19:02

dhmylene wrote:@nitelite: Using Subtitle Workshop, opening the subtitle file(s), the video will load up automatically after having both files with the same name.
That's the problem. The files have the same name already. I know it works halfway because the audio from the video is playing, but the video isn't playing (I can't see the movie play, but I can hear it). I'm trying to figure out why it's not playing.

I might just end up using the program xraymind referred. Thanks anyway!
Last edited by nitelite on Oct 30th, '07, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Oct 30th, '07, 19:08

you don't have the codec ... sw works with direct show ...
if your player plays with a "buildin codec" or the codec isn't correct registerred - sw don't work with them

edit: close all your players before you work with sw
favs: Yui, Scandal, Babymetal, BeBe(베베), Taru(타루), Cherry Boom, Rammstein 8)

plz don`t mind my bad english ... thx