How to resynch subtitles?

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
star4y2k

How to resynch subtitles?

Post by star4y2k » May 25th, '07, 00:04

Hi. I'm wondering how to resynch a sub from like one version to another. Example: Tachybon version to Lee version? Is there any program needed? Please also list the steps.

Thank you all very much.
:salut:

RonTheMan

Post by RonTheMan » May 30th, '07, 08:23

Download Subtitle Workshop from here:
http://www.urusoft.net/downloads.php?lang=1

After program is loaded, load the subtitle (make sure subtitle name and movie is the same, ie sam.avi and sam.srt). When the movie is playing take note when the first subtitle should appear and then press "Mark as first sync point" button or press the [Ctrl]+[1]. Go to the end of the movie and note when the last subtitle should appear and "Mark as last sync point" button or press the [Ctrl]+[2] keys.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » May 30th, '07, 09:53

Also, if you are doing this for a TV show, you would probably want to do it by parts, because different versions might cut off the commercial breaks at different points.

raider73

Post by raider73 » Jun 1st, '07, 15:38

I'm not a 100% positive but for KDramas, most of the time all you need is to synch the first and last subtitle lines and you're okay. Just hit "ctrl + B" in Subtitle Workshop and enter the time for the 1st and last lines and click "adjust".

If you're synching a Jdorama, you will need to do what ethidda said since people cut the shows differently after the commercial breaks.

3catz

Post by 3catz » Jun 6th, '07, 03:12

Thanks everyone for your various suggestions about how to sync the srt files.

I'll give it a try later. :D