Help - Hjsplit

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
chocomocha

Help - Hjsplit

Post by chocomocha » Mar 25th, '07, 17:07

[img]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5970/hjsplitzx6.jpg[/img]

the problem is, i can only hear audio and i cannot see
pictures, also it become a winamp media file! .. do u
know wots wrong? .. i already renamed the files to 001. and getin rid of the
.avi! .. .. but this is what happen after? .. do u knw how i can also after.. make it become an avi file!

please help if u knw wot to do, thnks! :)

koulen

Post by koulen » Mar 25th, '07, 17:36

What are you trying to do?

koulen

Post by koulen » Mar 25th, '07, 17:38

From what I understand, you have three file (.001 - .003) and you want to extract them, right? If so, use HJsplit app.

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » Mar 25th, '07, 22:16

Hello.. wot i want to happen is.. i want to join the 3 files together .. but i already did.. and then it created a winamp mediea file! .. and it can only hear audio but no picture! what i want to happen is i want to be able to view the picture & audio together and have it as an avi file! .. do u know wot i need to do? .. if so, pls can u help! ..

i downloaded a film from silentregret.com

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 25th, '07, 22:22

from what i read in your first post, you deleted the .avi part of the file. you shouldn't have done that. also, you renamed your files to .001? if these were files created by hjsplit, they should already have that as part of the file name. btw, what files are you talking about? we may be able to help more if we know which ones they are.

usually, when hjsplit creates a file name, it just adds on the number part to the end of whatever the file name is.
for example:
abcd.avi becomes abcd.avi.001, abcd.avi.002, etc...

so when you try to recombine them, you just choose the one marked .001 and it will automatically find the others.

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » Mar 25th, '07, 22:49

Hello habukue! .. thnks for helping! .. i followed this intruction:

20. Q: I cant locate the .001 file in hjsplit. Whats going on?
A: Sometimes some peoples computers save the .001 file as a media file by adding an extra .avi to the ending of it. This will allow ONLY the first part to play in a media player, but you will find that none of the other parts will play. You'll have to rename the .001 file to end with the extension .001 by simply removing the .avi that was added by your computer.

Now for those who do not know how to rename file extensions, please follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the folder where the media files are located

2. In the folders toolbar choose the following options Tools -> Folder Options -> View

3. In view toward the bottom you will see Hide extensions for known file types. UNCHECK that box.

4. Click Apply, and OK

5. Now proceed to renaming the .001 file. Remove the last .avi that was added to the file so that the file ends with the proper extension.

6. You should now be able to locate the .001 file in hjsplit.

(that part where i underlined is where i think i went wrong) .. i just want to combine it which i already did, but its not working the right way! ..

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 26th, '07, 01:14

ok, i see what you're saying. so did your computer add that extra .avi to it? if that's all that you removed, then you shouldn't have had a problem. again, what files are we talking about? can you give a link to the files you're talking about? maybe other people have had the same problem, too.

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » Mar 26th, '07, 13:46

hey, thanks for the help! actually i found out wot the problem was.. it was because i didnt have any codec on my pc! .. so i downloaded k-lite codec pack.. and now i can see the video and audio together! :cheers: .. so its working now! :thumleft: !

swannie

Post by swannie » Jan 15th, '10, 14:14

I have downloading "Sad Love Story" which is in multiple parts on Lets-Look. As instructed, I am using HJ-Split (version 2.4) to create one playable file. However, I keep getting an error messages that says: "Destination File full or not ready". What does this mean and how can I fix it? I'm not using a disk but my hardrive which has over 150 GB free. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.