My YT is Fixed for the most part - thank you!

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

My YT is Fixed for the most part - thank you!

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Jul 29th, '16, 23:50

**UPDATE**
All the issues that happened when the hacker changed my primary email address is now fixed up and I was able to get it back to my original email and the google chrome settings are fixed too~! Plus, I also doubled up on security this time X3

So, it looks like things are going to be alright - it was such a shock to me that someone would do this and I still don't know exactly why they did it but I'm glad I got my account back in my control again and fixed things up as best as it can be :3
I'm not sure if I will start to post things quite so soon because of all the stress this caused me but hopefully later I will gain the strength to continue to post videos that I hope are useful or at least fun ^-^

Thank you everyone who supported me~! <3
Last edited by LuffyNoTomo on Aug 7th, '16, 23:34, edited 4 times in total.

occultangle

Re: I Need Some Help with a Youtube Issue

Post by occultangle » Jul 30th, '16, 03:06

I just subscribed, and commented on your latest video.

LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Jul 30th, '16, 03:32

thank you so much for helping me on this~!

its very stressful that a hacker was able to do this to me =_=
i appreciate the help in checking to see how things work now that there is the fake gmail account as the primary one

it seems like i still get to see the bell notifications and i do get an email sent to my original email (for some reason it sent your comment to me 3 times but at least i was able to see it)

however, the subscribing update did not get sent to my original email (or even show up under the number of subscribers - but maybe its just a delayed reaction for that bit) but the subscriber update did go to the fake gmail - which i guess isn't bad and if i do decided to try and keep the fake gmail and not delete it bec. i worry my YT channel may get deleted - then i guess things are okay but it still stinks that all this happened in the first place!

i don't even know why they did it - they didn't even do anything to my account other than changing the primary email to a gmail which makes it so you can't alter the primary email ever >_<

anyways thank you so much for doing this check up for me~!

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Jul 30th, '16, 03:41

I can explain the three notifications. I'm not used to commenting on YouTube on my phone, so I accidentally commented three times, then deleted two.

Yeah, hackers are horrible people. I had my email hacked once, just so the hackers could send spam to my contacts. Just make sure that you don't have the same password to anything else the same as your YouTube's was, or they may get into them as well.

LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Jul 30th, '16, 05:24

oh - okay - that makes sense. the subscriber number count did finally change, it took forever - it finally showed up a day later that you are listed under the subscribers @_@ ug so confusing!

yeah hackers are the worst! - i went and changed all my passwords just to be on the safe side =_=

the odd part is - this hacker didn't really do anything other than get rid of my original email which was my primary email and replaced it with their fake gmail - and bec. gmail accounts can't be changed - i'm stuck with it which messed up my google chrome sync or log in stuff @_@

the YT help forum said there was a way to remove the gmail without losing the YT but i'v looked on other sites and places and i'm getting different answers on what happens when a gmail account is deleted -- which worries me.

even if i do what the YT help said and remove the fake gmail - they say it should then be replaced by a non-gmail - which my original email was a non-gmail -- and they say the newly added email will then replace the removed gmail and become the primary email address -- BUT i don't know if that will fix things or if something goes wrong - i could possibly lose my YT and if bec. i deleted the gmail the hacker made which is now associated with my YT - you can never get the same gmail back - which means if my YT is still connected with the fake gmail (but i deleted it) then my YT would be lost -_- due to not having the gmail as a YT log in name

so that's why i don't know if i should just keep the gmail the hacker made or not -- if i do keep it - i don't want the hacker to be able to use the fake gmail they created to hack me again or my original email to invade me. but if i deleted it - then something may go wrong and i might lose my YT or the google chrome settings might still be messed up.

everything is so crazy! i don't get how the hacker was able to do this in the first place - or why they did it -- but another thing that is crazy is - google and youtube know my issue and they can't do anything manually on their end to fix it -- it seems to me all they need to do is just remove the fake gmail and add back in my original and make it so it all goes back to before the hacker hacked me
OR - they should not have the option to change the email associated with YT in the first place - then non of this would have happened - or even if they made it so the email can be changed - why make the gmail account be irreplaceable and trump all other email extensions!?
if they make it so other emails can be changed all the time - why not make the gmail be replaceable too!

sorry for the rant - this is all very stressful -- i only started eating again recently - i haven't been able to sleep or eat well for at least two days due to this =_= i'm still worried and stressed - even though i do have the ability to use my YT again - i still worry about the hacker and the fake gmail and also what happened to my google chrome settings

anyways - thank you so much for listening and helping with this my posting and subscribing~!