Missing image/subtitle in batch prevents from being a seeder

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Post Reply
anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 144
Joined: Feb 20th, '10, 23:31

Missing image/subtitle in batch prevents from being a seeder

Post by anolibb » Aug 22nd, '13, 10:56

I am not sure if there is any way to tackle this problem. I encounter it all the time though, the files I try to seed don't add up to 100% because of a missing subtitle, info file or image.


So even if all episodes should be 100% they stop at 99.9% after force check.

Is there any way to overcome this or no? I suspect the answer is no, but I thought it was worth a try to ask because it's rather annoying :(

User avatar
\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 432
Joined: Jun 19th, '11, 05:37
Location: (--<@>_<@>--) (--<Ö>__<Ö>--)

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Aug 22nd, '13, 11:53

I think seeding at 99.99% is considered finished as the video is more important than the missing jpg file.

Of course another solution is to give the name (Under seed requests) of the torrent location and see if anybody has the 100% files.
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6224
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 22nd, '13, 12:01

From the Help (FAQ) - Question 3
6. DO NOT include softsubs in your batch. instead, include a LINK to the softsubs thread. if the subs are ever edited in the thread, they cannot be edited in your batch. leave the RAWs as is, and include the softsub link in your Torrent Comments.

Do not include other files than the videos in the torrents.
If you have subttiles, add them to the subtitles forum.
That way it will be more likely it can be reseeded.

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 144
Joined: Feb 20th, '10, 23:31

Post by anolibb » Aug 22nd, '13, 12:15

\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:I think seeding at 99.99% is considered finished as the video is more important than the missing jpg file.

Of course another solution is to give the name (Under seed requests) of the torrent location and see if anybody has the 100% files.
Yes, so I thought but the missing file that I set to be "skipped" pushes the video percentage down on one episode to 99.9% such a pain! D-x

Ah but nevermind. Suppose it can still be seeded up to that.
Keiko1981 wrote:From the Help (FAQ) - Question 3
6. DO NOT include softsubs in your batch. instead, include a LINK to the softsubs thread. if the subs are ever edited in the thread, they cannot be edited in your batch. leave the RAWs as is, and include the softsub link in your Torrent Comments.

Do not include other files than the videos in the torrents.
If you have subttiles, add them to the subtitles forum.
That way it will be more likely it can be reseeded.
I know, I wouldn't do that myself, but some people still do.

It doesn't have to be a batch. It happens sometimes even if it's just one episode that was uploaded with something like korean softsubs that I obviously oped out for.

So instead of being a seeder for an episode or a batch I'm just a 99.9% peer. But I guess that's already better than nothing!

Thanks for the feedback!

saigo_x
Posts: 883
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:14

Re: Missing image/subtitle in batch prevents from being a se

Post by saigo_x » Aug 22nd, '13, 15:05

anolibb wrote:Is there any way to overcome this or no? I suspect the answer is no, but I thought it was worth a try to ask because it's rather annoying :(
Unfortunately no. The missing file, no matter how small, is required for the hash check.
\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:I think seeding at 99.99% is considered finished as the video is more important than the missing jpg file.
That is completely wrong. If no one has the mssing small file a piece of the video file will be missing from the end because of piece overlap. Thus even if I had the complete video file I could not share it completely since the last part of the video file that shares a piece with the small file will never be shared with the other peers. The bigger the size of the pieces the larger the missing part of the video file will be. In a batch file where piece sizes can reach sizes of 8MB this can become a real problem if there are multiple small files like SRT's.

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 144
Joined: Feb 20th, '10, 23:31

Re: Missing image/subtitle in batch prevents from being a se

Post by anolibb » Aug 22nd, '13, 15:22

saigo_x wrote: Unfortunately no. The missing file, no matter how small, is required for the hash check.

If no one has the mssing small file a piece of the video file will be missing from the end because of piece overlap. Thus even if I had the complete video file I could not share it completely since the last part of the video file that shares a piece with the small file will never be shared with the other peers. The bigger the size of the pieces the larger the missing part of the video file will be. In a batch file where piece sizes can reach sizes of 8MB this can become a real problem if there are multiple small files like SRT's.

Thanks for giving me a good explanation for the problem in question :)

Yes, I suspected that to be the case. I guess it's not so difficult to replace a subtitle, once or twice I managed to find the right one, but not when it was an image I don't even know what it should have look like lol!

Strange, how these things work, you would think that the file that has been 100% once could not be pushed back but so it seems it can.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback! :cheers:

User avatar
\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 432
Joined: Jun 19th, '11, 05:37
Location: (--<@>_<@>--) (--<Ö>__<Ö>--)

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Aug 22nd, '13, 17:00

saigo_x wrote:That is completely wrong. If no one has the mssing small file a piece of the video file will be missing from the end because of piece overlap. Thus even if I had the complete video file I could not share it completely since the last part of the video file that shares a piece with the small file will never be shared with the other peers. The bigger the size of the pieces the larger the missing part of the video file will be. In a batch file where piece sizes can reach sizes of 8MB this can become a real problem if there are multiple small files like SRT's.
A long time ago I downloaded a video file that was 99% completed and it stayed that way for a long long time. I don't think it will ever be completed so I watched the video anyway.

Guess what? The video played and it was only a few glitches seen and other than that it was perfect. ( A few missing pieces is not a big deal)

Since hit and run is a constant problem there's an uploaders trick to upload until 99% so others will think it's not completed and thus will continue to be seeded. Nobody knows it's actually completely watchable and considered finished.

Note: It only works if it's 99% and any lower than that will result in more glitches and may not be watchable.

Just FYI. :D
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest