A torrent file

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
tentran

A torrent file

Post by tentran » Aug 31st, '12, 19:28

When can I stop/delete an uploaded torrent file after I had finished downloading the torrent file? I hope my question is understandable to get a reply/answer. Thank You Very Much.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Sep 1st, '12, 20:25

You can stop/remove it anytime. You can config your torrent client to stop the torrent at a given ratio (upload/download).
Removing torrent and removing the downloaded files are not the same.

What ratio you like to share depends on you. I share normal ratio 2 (but extend to 3 or more for torrent with less seeders)
If your internet traffic is expensive, you will share less. Some people don't share :(

tentran

Thank You Very Much for your reply

Post by tentran » Sep 9th, '12, 08:22

k361 wrote:You can stop/remove it anytime. You can config your torrent client to stop the torrent at a given ratio (upload/download).
Removing torrent and removing the downloaded files are not the same.

What ratio you like to share depends on you. I share normal ratio 2 (but extend to 3 or more for torrent with less seeders)
If your internet traffic is expensive, you will share less. Some people don't share :(
I have uploaded the torrent file 10x the amount that I downloaded the torrent file. Is that good enough of a sharing ratio?

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Sep 9th, '12, 16:50

A ratio from 10 is very good. thank you.
Many people share only few hours after download, and don't care about the ratio.

tentran

A torrent file

Post by tentran » Sep 11th, '12, 06:35

k361 wrote:A ratio from 10 is very good. thank you.
Many people share only few hours after download, and don't care about the ratio.
Thank You Very Much for your help and time. Greatly appreciated.