Can't seed (peers in DHT but no peers in trackers)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Blue Raja

Can't seed (peers in DHT but no peers in trackers)

Post by Blue Raja » Nov 8th, '11, 19:21

Hi everyone.

First post here, so please be kind. :whistling:

Sorry, if this is a dumb question. I checked the FAQ and googled the problem, but didn't find an answer.

The problem is this: I would like to reseed a few episodes of Sapuri that someone requested. The files are sitting in my utorrent and the status is "seeding". There are about 7 to 40 peers per torrent, but they are all from DHT, no peers are from the trackers (that I all loaded again from d-addicts). There's absolutely no upload happening on my utorrent for these torrents, although I'm the only seed. Reseeding other finished torrents where there are peers in the trackers works fine.

I would like to reseed stuff I got if I see a request, so any help is appreciated.
Have a great day. :thumleft:

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Nov 10th, '11, 00:58

Are you using uTorrent? If yes, is the little circle icon on the bottom uTorrent window green, yellow, or red. If that is yellow or red, then you are behind a firewall/router and peer from the outside can't connect to you.

BTW, D-Addicts no longer run our own torrent tracker. You can manually put couple of public trackers in the each torrent.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

Blue Raja

Post by Blue Raja » Nov 11th, '11, 10:38

Yes, I'm using utorrent. The circle is green. I'm always using the same port. I'm forwarding both TCP and UDP (which afaik is necessary for DHT) connections in my router. I can seed just fine as long as the peers are from (public) trackers. I can also download from peers I got from DHT. I can't seed if I get the peers only from DHT. I usually use a few public trackers for the torrents and get additional peers via DHT.