Can anyone share a seedbox account

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
furransu

Can anyone share a seedbox account

Post by furransu » Sep 3rd, '11, 06:42

Hi,

I'm currently using a seedbox to upload and seed my torrents, but i simply can't afford to pay for a seedbox each month.

Can anyone kindly share with me a seedbox account that i can use from next month onwards? Because i wont be able to upload anything unless i use a seedbox.

Otherwise the only way i can get funds to pay for my seedbox is to use something like http://fileserve.com/partner-info.php to upload my files to

Thanks.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 6th, '11, 06:06

Have you try rolling your own seedbox out of openVPS? I have bought couple VPS(virtual private server) for around $20 to $40 at upfront annual price.So I end up paying 1 to 3 dollar a month for the virtual servers. The different price give you different storage space and monthly bandwidth usage. Had one VPS server that had unlimited bandwidth, but the company disappear after couple months. Got my money worth in those few months anyway.

I just install rutorrent on the VPS and had my own seedbox. Since the cheaper VPS are linux base, some basic linux knowledge will help in setting up and running your own seedbox.

One of these I should write a simple guide on installing rutorrent on a linux VPS box. There is actually pre-made shell script that will do all of the installing from the rtorrent cleint, to front end web server to ftp server.

Anyway, what can you afford? I might help you in setting up one. If you can't afford one at any price. PM, I will give access to one of my VPS accounts which very strict condition.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

chopperman

Post by chopperman » Sep 8th, '11, 04:41

I think setup a VPS for use as a seedbox is the right thing.
For a cheap seedbox, i find there's too many restriction. Number of active torrent, hdd space.
For me, the main problem is not many cheap vps hosting allow torrent.
Usually i setup my vps with ubuntu + transmission-cli.

i send you a recommendation.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 8th, '11, 09:15

my setup is debian/ubuntu + rutorrent. I gave up on transmission-cli because it can't create torrent file for me. I don't always have the source file on my desktop computer I am currently. Get the source file from multiple sources.

Anyway, I use "autodl-irssi" to install the whole rutorrent/rtorrent(plus all of the plugins), web server(apache/lighttpd), and/or ftp server/webmin.

Here is the install guide for that.

After I run the install script, I can create torrent, setup ratio, bandwidth limit, superseeding, schedule, seed limit, and etc just like if I am running utorrent remotely on a linux box.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

furransu

Post by furransu » Sep 10th, '11, 01:21

i dont want to spend anymore on seedbox or servers, i've wasted a lot just for seedboxes in the last few months. :(

if someone can let me use their seedbox that would be great :)

for now im going to try out a new upload system:
torrent file -> upload to depositfiles -> put the link to txt -> create torrent from txt

depositfiles for every 1000 downloads will earn me around $25, so i can get some funds for my seedbox.