nosquint at d-addicts' last 10 active posts box

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
jancsika

nosquint at d-addicts' last 10 active posts box

Post by jancsika » Aug 22nd, '11, 08:47

-edit-
the problem exists only on windows 7 & ff 6, under xp no problemo.
----

hi,

does anyone has any idea why the firefox plugin nosquint doesn't work at d-addicts' main page on the last 10 active posts box?

(the box' text-size always reset to original size, very annoying).

screenshot:
Last edited by jancsika on Aug 27th, '11, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Aug 23rd, '11, 22:53

I am not an admin here, just a moderator, so I have no access to all of the system inter-working. My best guess after looking at the HTML code is that it's special frame/table is overlay by scipt code after the page has been render.

The HTML code for that text box ask for 10 blank/empty lines in beginning. I guess then some kind of script is use to pulled the last 10 new posts from database and overlay them on top of the 10 empty lines. And nosquint is not interacting with overlay.

Don't know how you could fix it, since I don't use nosquint. View everything on both 28" and 24" monitors.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

tinkerbell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tinkerbell » Aug 23rd, '11, 23:28

The 10 last posts box is rendered in an iframe, an ancient and ill-advised contraption that allows to open a separate document as a part of the page. So it could be that nosquint recognizes them as two different pages, and applies its formatting to one of them while leaving the other intact. You could try specifically adding rules in nosquint for http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/recent_post_static.php (contents of the box).

Or it could be that nosquint can't handle iframes at all, no idea what you could do other than using ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom.
See Unsolved Cases for fansub releases.

jancsika

Post by jancsika » Aug 24th, '11, 09:48

yeah, i played a bit with the css and it seems that nosquint on load doesn't catch this iframe's css. it's weird (there aren't any problems with other iframes).

i guess i'll write to nosquint's developers because i don't want to zoom in&out every time when i reach the main page. it's a shame but i'm lazy :-)

thanks for the answers!

-edit-
meanwhile i gave a try to "stylish" firefox addon and tada!

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document url("http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/recent_post_static.php") {

}
.forumline a
{ font-size: 150% !important; }