Private Tracker

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
xaxa

Post by xaxa » May 10th, '11, 11:29

theuncontactable wrote: I'm downloading "Tobo Bengoshi" from d-addicts at the moment. Most files have 0 seeds and 1 or 2 leechers but from my experience with d-addicts, I'm pretty confident that I will get all of the files.
Maybe that's because of an open tracker system. There are no restrictions, so more people from all over internet could find this torrent and start seeding, so there's a better chance, that there will be at least 1 (or few with different parts) complete seeder.

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » May 10th, '11, 11:29

NeBli wrote:A thought from a noob, make the suggested locked sections only available to members with a certain numbers of post, say for example 20. And count only the post of certain forum areas, not the thanks for this torrent or thanks for that sub. Might get members here more active and willing to share/seed. That being said I need to get more active as well :-)

This user has been lurking for a very long time and since then has only made 4 posts today:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_95408.htm

The reason for those 4 posts are very significant indeed as far as contributing to d-addicts is concern. :lol

So are we going to talk about shutting someone like that out?

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » May 10th, '11, 11:40

xaxa wrote: Maybe that's because of an open tracker system. There are no restrictions, so more people from all over internet could find this torrent and start seeding, so there's a better chance, that there will be at least 1 (or few with different parts) complete seeder.
I would say that it's more likely D-addicts Volunteer Series Seeder (VSS) program. Especially that Keiko1981 who seems to have a big pipe. :lol

NeBli

Post by NeBli » May 10th, '11, 12:21

theuncontactable wrote:
NeBli wrote:A thought from a noob, make the suggested locked sections only available to members with a certain numbers of post, say for example 20. And count only the post of certain forum areas, not the thanks for this torrent or thanks for that sub. Might get members here more active and willing to share/seed. That being said I need to get more active as well :-)

This user has been lurking for a very long time and since then has only made 4 posts today:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_95408.htm

The reason for those 4 posts are very significant indeed as far as contributing to d-addicts is concern. :lol

So are we going to talk about shutting someone like that out?
Thanks for your concern :)

Please don't shut me out. I like d-addicts friendly and supporting atmosphere and interesting topics. Ofc, the torrents and subs are important since I've no other way to watch these dramas with subs. That's the reason I always seed the torrents I've downloaded from d-addict and especially when I've been requesting torrents.

You know, treat others like you want to be treated and stuff :whistling:

I hope furransu and the rest find a solution. In the meantime, I'll keep seeding what I've downloaded from d-addicts :)

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » May 10th, '11, 14:56

theuncontactable wrote:I think BT is the best distribution method of raws rather than mega-upload etc. because at least it gives people an opportunity to give something back to the community by seeding what they have downloaded. With Mega-uploads and the likes no such opportunity are available.
It's best to use both DDLs and torrents.
furransu wrote:and @lollercopter, my max upload speed is worst - only 100kb/s max.. but uploading torrents only at 60kb/s max to allow download bandwidth.. plus 200gb limit both ways which make things worst.. and that's $70/month here.. 500gb is $100..
Yes, those are pretty severe bandwidth restrictions. I understand why you would want the maximum amount of efficiency and benefit from uploading torrents. But I don't think you'll get more seeders and activity anywhere else. As for DDLs, they really shouldn't concern you at all. All they do is spread the files further and provide backups when a torrent dies.
theuncontactable wrote:If d-addicts uses its own tracker then there is a solution because we can follow the same model as BakaBT where people have to register and fulfill a certain seed ratio quota. However BakaBT is still a public site because anybody can register and join. I would say that this is a very successful model.
Actually you don't even have to register. You can download without being a member. But they still don't have even a single unseeded torrent.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » May 10th, '11, 16:23

xaxa wrote:Uploading on direct download sites (megaupload, multiupload, etc) saves the bandwidth AND eliminates the leechers problem :whistling:
DDL sites do save bandwidth but they only make the problem worse. I won't bother mapping it out because there is no point. Months or years from now many of you will reach the same realization but by that time it will be too late.
Drazic wrote:
furransu wrote:Then there are no solutions then?..
There was no problem in the first place.
I've watched the steady decline of D-Addicts and I see no solution as long as the discussion is allowed to devolve into an argument about whether there is a problem to begin with. The majority agree there is a problem yet we allow a few to completely derail the path to a solution.
lollercopter wrote:I like how everyone keeps dancing around my question. So I guess my suspicions must be correct: this is about nothing more than ego and e-fame.
Your question was answered various times, that is why no one is bothering to reply again. It's your own ego that refuses to accept the answers.
theuncontactable wrote:
xaxa wrote: Maybe that's because of an open tracker system. There are no restrictions, so more people from all over internet could find this torrent and start seeding, so there's a better chance, that there will be at least 1 (or few with different parts) complete seeder.
I would say that it's more likely D-addicts Volunteer Series Seeder (VSS) program. Especially that Keiko1981 who seems to have a big pipe. :lol
Thank you for pointing out what I thought was obvious to everyone. The majority of content comes from only a few contributors, much fewer than anytime in the past.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » May 10th, '11, 16:50

saigo_x wrote:Your question was answered various times.
Oh? Where exactly?

mieko

Post by mieko » May 11th, '11, 00:24

lollercopter wrote: Bandwidth caps aren't used globally, and my upload speed (240 kilobytes/second) is modest compared to many others in the region.

Where did that piece of fiction come from !? I'm in Canada i get 100G's a month DL & UL combined with like 100 kb/s UL speed a wonderful price of $70 per month and bullshit legislation has come in to not only charge big time if you go over your cap but gonna actually slice down the bandwith we got for more money.

So F-off with your bullshit.. You got a good pipe... good for you. But lots of us in the world are kinda internet screwed which makes sharing and the BS that goes to the issue at hand.

But of course you'll come back with some snide remark how we're all self serving ego whores anyhow...

TenguKing

d-addicts fan!

Post by TenguKing » May 11th, '11, 01:27

I think that I speak for a lot of us who enjoy d-addicts and the torrents/subs that are provided here when I say that the large majority of us do not find ourselves with things worthy of contributing.

It was only recently that I found myself with a fairly decent copy of something that I then subsequently put on d-addicts in the hopes of paying back, even just a little, the generosity of this community from which I have received so much.

I don't know if locking a lot of people out of various areas of the site based on the number of posts (or anything else) would truly be something beneficial in the long run, as it would have shut me out long ago, and I would then not have been around to contribute when I finally did find something worthwhile.

TenguKing

Japanese Filesharing

Post by TenguKing » May 11th, '11, 01:34

On the issue of sharing, although I realize this is impossible on Bittorrent without private trackers, I found the concepts of Japanese Filesharing programs regarding this issue very interesting.

That of having virtual trackers created by everyone else connecting to each other, and also whereby the amount of files you are currently sharing directly affects your ability/inability to connect to other users who are sharing files, etc...

In their system, the more you share, the faster you download your files, and visa-versa. I think this idea is truly brilliant and in addition somehow keeps all users relatively anonymous from one another.