Page encoding

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Page encoding

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 7th, '10, 17:12

Sorry to bother everyone with trifles, but these kind of trifles just ^&$%$# me. Actually, I pressed some kind of combination on the keyboard and I can't reverse it (cause I don't know what I pressed). It's like this: in messages words that are`unknown or uncommon are underlined, right? In my case the underlining wave is hell of a big (size: half of the word). Second: when I open tabs, the newer is the closest to the main window, not further from it to the right.
I know, maybe small problem, but if anyone know how to solve it^^
Restoring the system won't help, I checked. May it be the new Firefox? :mrgreen:
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Mar 8th, '10, 05:37

Don't know about your underline problem (maybe restore firefox default settings?)

The tab one is easy to change, just type about:config in the firefox url.

This brings up the firefox config, just search for browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent and set the value to false. Close the config tab. done.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Mar 8th, '10, 07:24

If you use tabmixplus it could have caused your tab opening problem. A recent update removed the "change opening order" option. The most recent update has replaced it.
If you have enjoyed series you found here then please help the community by offering to seed in Series Of The Month

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Mar 8th, '10, 19:50

if all else fails, try uninstalling/reinstalling firefox?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 8th, '10, 21:19

Thanks for your help, I will try this, I think re-installing is actually a good solution.
You're the best!

I changed the order of tabs and unchecked the box about underlining the mistakes.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 28th, '10, 07:40

Nah, everything's fine now^^