multiple logins?????

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
raider73

multiple logins?????

Post by raider73 » Jul 13th, '07, 15:37

How come D-Addicts doesn't allow multiple logins?? It's get kind of annoying when you want to login say from the work computer and another computer but you can't because you're already logged on another computer. I would think that for something like this forum there isn't a need for that kind of security. Most other forums allow multiple logins from different computers. I got 3 PCs at home and sometimes I can't login from my desktop so I have to login from my laptop instead.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 13th, '07, 17:59

Mmmm, I've never run into this problem before. What happens when you try to login from another computer? Does it say something like "You are already logged in from another computer"?
ありません

raider73

Post by raider73 » Jul 13th, '07, 18:34

I think I wasn't clear. It only happens, I think, when you're trying to login from multiple copmuters w/ the same ip. Since all PCs onmy LAN will have the same IP on the net side if one computer is logged in, I can't logged in w/ another PC on the same Lan. There are no error messages at all, all d-addicts does is kick me back to the same login screen.

groink

Post by groink » Jul 13th, '07, 18:38

raider73 wrote:I think I wasn't clear. It only happens, I think, when you're trying to login from multiple copmuters w/ the same ip. Since all PCs onmy LAN will have the same IP on the net side if one computer is logged in, I can't logged in w/ another PC on the same Lan. There are no error messages at all, all d-addicts does is kick me back to the same login screen.
I don't have this problem either. I'm behind a Linksys, and I can log onto D-Addicts with the same login account. Nothing to do with IPs. More likely you're having cookie issues in your web browser.

--- groink

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 13th, '07, 18:41

Oh I understood completely. I was just asking if there was an error message because I don't think there is a multiple login script on this site. I have 5 computers in my house and I've used D-Addicts on all of them. There always seems to be a post every once in a while on login issues and perhaps there is a bug in the php coding. For most people it seems to be a cookie issue and their problems disappear after clearing cookies. However, I don't see a reason why that would help in this case. But what do I know? It wouldn't hurt to try.
ありません