difference between region 2 and region 3 dvd QUESTION

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
spokeydokey00

difference between region 2 and region 3 dvd QUESTION

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 12th, '07, 08:29

i have an all region dvd player. i want to buy the Jmovie Swing Girls on dvd. The region 2 dvd is about $25 and the region 3 is about $17. They both have english subs. Will the english subs be the exact same on both versions of the dvd? Why is the region 3 version cheaper than the region 2? Is the quality of video, audio, and subtitles the same for both versions of the dvd? any input is appreciated. thanks for your time.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 12th, '07, 08:40

Well since you aren't providing what DVDs specifically you are talking about, no one can tell you if the quality is different. I don't think regions effect quality, though.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jul 12th, '07, 08:50

well region two is for japan, Europe, rich northern africa and south africa and the middle eastern countries.

region three is for Korea and southeast Asia.

I don't know the answer, but possibly the pricing could be different because of currency exchange. Region 2 countries are pretty well of, while region 3 countries are just Okay economically.

I brought a region 3 dvd before, I think it was fine. The quality, audio, and subtitles were decent.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 12th, '07, 18:55

Puppet Princess wrote:Well since you aren't providing what DVDs specifically you are talking about, no one can tell you if the quality is different. I don't think regions effect quality, though.
It is SWING GIRLS.
region 2 link: http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.533 ... etails.htm

region 3 link: http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536 ... etails.htm

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 12th, '07, 19:03

Well, at first glance, the sound is different. R2 has Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround while R3 has Dolby Digital 6.1 Surround. Also R2 has English and Japanese subs and R3 has English and Chinese subs. Also they seem to have different extra features.

Other than those things they look the same to me.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 12th, '07, 19:24

Puppet Princess wrote:Well, at first glance, the sound is different. R2 has Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround while R3 has Dolby Digital 6.1 Surround. Also R2 has English and Japanese subs and R3 has English and Chinese subs. Also they seem to have different extra features.

Other than those things they look the same to me.
THANKS

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Jul 12th, '07, 19:27

nophankh wrote:well region two is for japan, Europe, rich northern africa and south africa and the middle eastern countries.

region three is for Korea and southeast Asia.

I don't know the answer, but possibly the pricing could be different because of currency exchange. Region 2 countries are pretty well of, while region 3 countries are just Okay economically.

I brought a region 3 dvd before, I think it was fine. The quality, audio, and subtitles were decent.
thanks for the input