Convert RMVB to AVI

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
a_my_me

Convert RMVB to AVI

Post by a_my_me » Aug 19th, '06, 06:02

Hi, I need some advice on how to convert an RMVB file into AVI.

Yesterday I used Ultra RM Converter and it worked fine, however, when I downloaded TMPEGenc and Vobsub to make a hardsubbed avi file (I dunno whether there's connection between these TMPGenc, Vobsub and Ultra RM Converter), my Ultra RM Converter cannot convert any RMVB files anymore and it keeps saying that the conversion's failed :cry: .

I even have tried to uninstall all TMPGenc, Vobsub and Ultra RM Converter and then I re-installed the Ultra RM Converter but to no avail :pale:

I was wondering whether there's somebody here that use the same program (Ultra RM Converter) or other programs that very user friendly since I'm not good with technical and computer things :unsure:

My friend recommend me to use Virtual Dub but it seems so hard to even understand the installation manual :mrgreen:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Aug 20th, '06, 21:23

question:
why are you trying to convert it?

but anyways Virtual Dub is the easiest way
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=289872

a_my_me

Conversion

Post by a_my_me » Aug 21st, '06, 06:30

BOGCHI wrote:question:

:D

Ah, I want to make it into CD and burn it with nero :lol however, RMVB file cannot be burnt into CD (I think :scratch: ) so I tried to convert it into AVI first.

However, finally I found the real problem :wub:
Apparently this program (Ultra RM Converter) cannot get along with my DiVX Codec and I have to uninstall this codec (although from the website they do recommend me to install it dunno why :scratch: ). Now I can burn my RMVB into AVi peacefully :wub:

According to me VirtualDub is very hard to install and I dunno how to use it as well :wub: However, thanks for your advice :D

xava

Post by xava » Aug 31st, '06, 10:21

Hi, can you help me? I have similar problem, I use boilsoft RM Converter. At first I can convert ok but the audio is faster then the video. I thought something is wrong so I uninstall but then after I install again I can't convert anymore. Can you tell me the program to check the codec?

MifuneGoh

Post by MifuneGoh » Sep 4th, '06, 09:56

See my post in this thread regarding a program that will convert RMVB directly to DivX AVIs (as well as a bunch of other formats):

[url]http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_38764.htm[/url]

M.G

a_my_me

Post by a_my_me » Sep 5th, '06, 12:49

xava wrote:Hi, can you help me? I have similar problem, I use boilsoft RM Converter. At first I can convert ok but the audio is faster then the video. I thought something is wrong so I uninstall but then after I install again I can't convert anymore. Can you tell me the program to check the codec?
I always go with the simplest one :wub:

In my case, my ultra converter requires realplayer and the bad part abt this is that I can no longer be able to hear any voice for every icefish rmvb, dunno why. I restored my system under system restore with the time point before I install the ultra converter and I can watch my Icefish and reinstall ultra converter on a later date. It's simple and so far no harm done :mrgreen:

MifuneGoh

Post by MifuneGoh » Sep 5th, '06, 13:58

Well, SUPER is about the simplest converter app I'd ever seen. It does have its limitations as a result of that simplicity. But the quality of the output is suprisingly good. And you don't need to have Real Player installed. :-)

In fact, I installed Real Alternative and watch Real Video using Media Player Classic. Real Player is far too intrusive for my taste.

M.G

a_my_me

Post by a_my_me » Sep 6th, '06, 13:26

MifuneGoh wrote:Well, SUPER is about the simplest converter app I'd ever seen. It does have its limitations as a result of that simplicity. But the quality of the output is suprisingly good. And you don't need to have Real Player installed. :-)

In fact, I installed Real Alternative and watch Real Video using Media Player Classic. Real Player is far too intrusive for my taste.

M.G
Can u advise me whether this one can be used to convert RMVB into AVi or MPEG? Thanks :-) :salut:

MifuneGoh

Post by MifuneGoh » Sep 7th, '06, 05:09

a_my_me wrote:Can u advise me whether this one can be used to convert RMVB into AVi or MPEG?
[url=http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=SUPER_1]SUPER[/url] can convert RMVB to AVI and MPG with a variety of supported codecs for both the video and audio tracks.

You should check the frame rate of the RMVB and use the same fps for the converted output. Otherwise the audio will likely go out of sync.

The above link will take you to a page at videohelp.com that has links to the program's author as well as download mirrors. You should check it out and let us know how it works for you.

M.G

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 7th, '06, 05:33

Super claims that it can convert rmvb but everytime I imput a rmvb file it can't read it for some reason. Same with xilisoft. Such a bummer. I will try using virtual dubmod.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 8th, '06, 05:06

@Kai Lien: i have used virtualdubmod...and it works well. :-) i've heard too much bad stuff about other converters...

supastar85

Post by supastar85 » Sep 13th, '06, 18:37

Hi, i have tried to open my rmvb file in VirtualDubMod.. but its not opening? do anyone know why? and what can i do about it? please! thanks!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 13th, '06, 22:34

supastar85 wrote:Hi, i have tried to open my rmvb file in VirtualDubMod.. but its not opening? do anyone know why? and what can i do about it? please! thanks!
please read the post by BOGCHI above (it's the second post). :-)

forkart

Post by forkart » Sep 18th, '06, 14:02

try using yasa video converter to convert rmvb to avi. It works very well to me.
http://www.yasasoft.com/videoconverter/

mog08

Post by mog08 » Sep 23rd, '06, 03:15

You don't need to install VirtualDub.

try to use AviSynth.

sl282828

Post by sl282828 » Oct 14th, '06, 07:11

Need help.....Anyone know where I can get Ultra RM converter or RM converter to convert RM file to avi so that I can burn in Nero. I'm in KL, M'sia. I hv tried d/load fr web but all are trial version with 50% conversion or watermark....Buying fr the web is too expensive as it used USD...I hope someone can share with me urgently.........I hv got 1 drama waiting to be converted to avi.....TQ very much

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 14th, '06, 20:48

sl282828 wrote:Need help.....Anyone know where I can get Ultra RM converter or RM converter to convert RM file to avi so that I can burn in Nero. I'm in KL, M'sia. I hv tried d/load fr web but all are trial version with 50% conversion or watermark....Buying fr the web is too expensive as it used USD...I hope someone can share with me urgently.........I hv got 1 drama waiting to be converted to avi.....TQ very much
this is not a site for sharing of conversion software. just use the virtualdubmod + avisynth method as suggested previously. both are free. and use the tutorial from the link in BOGCHI's post.

NSage

Post by NSage » Oct 24th, '06, 05:34

If u want to convert like ... practically anything to AVI, MPG2,4 or RM or such and such
check this link out. Thank the person for it

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_38764.htm

king-elessar

Post by king-elessar » Nov 10th, '06, 12:21

hi hihi..i wanna convert rmvb to avi by using SUpeR..but i keep on getting error...can anybody plz just list some simple step by step guide??thanX yaaa..

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Dec 5th, '06, 12:10

i've read the page but what about this (taken from that site):
VirtualDubMod is one of the programs that can open AVS file, so open VirtualDubMod, then open this LOTR.AVS file you created. keep in mind that this is exactly WYSIWYG. If you got an error message in red letters, you better read it and fix it.
what is WYSIWYG?
i got error message but how to fix it?

raider73

Post by raider73 » Dec 5th, '06, 21:09

haruna_hamasaki wrote:

i've read the page but what about this (taken from that site):
VirtualDubMod is one of the programs that can open AVS file, so open VirtualDubMod, then open this LOTR.AVS file you created. keep in mind that this is exactly WYSIWYG. If you got an error message in red letters, you better read it and fix it.
what is WYSIWYG?
i got error message but how to fix it?
WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

If Vdubmod doesn't work then try Super. Somestimes one works but not the other.

Regarding the LOTR.AVS file, that is just a sample template file. I find that the instructions on videohelp is very confusing. Go here instead. I'll attach my 3 different template files. Just put them in your vdubmod template folder and just follow the instructions in the URL I've linked and it should work for most files. If not then try Super.

http://jakeludington.com/dv_hacks/20051210_how_to_convert_rmvb.html
Attachments
template.rar
RMVB Template for 25FPS rmvb files
RMVB Template for 29.97FPS rmvb files
RMVB Template for 23.976FPS rmvb files
(400 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Dec 6th, '06, 14:10

thanks raider73.

outcast

Post by outcast » Dec 6th, '06, 14:51

Video convert master is a great one try it

[img]http://www.video-convert-master.com/screen/main.jpg[/img]

http://www.video-convert-master.com/#Video_Convert_Master

raider73

Post by raider73 » Dec 6th, '06, 20:54

outcast wrote:Video convert master is a great one try it

[img]http://www.video-convert-master.com/screen/main.jpg[/img]

http://www.video-convert-master.com/#Video_Convert_Master
Wow, easy to use program. Only thing is that the people here seem to want a free program to convert hence Vdubmod and Super.

choisim

Post by choisim » Dec 11th, '06, 15:55

Hi need some help. Have been downloading some HK series which are in rmvb format. Was wondering if there is a difference between rmvb format and real audio and real media vbr format. Was trying to convert to avi format so that I can burn it to the dvd. Would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Soulja187

Post by Soulja187 » Dec 30th, '06, 11:03

Win AVI Video Converter <<great program but it costs money. but if
you know how to use torrents, u can get it for free :D

qbobz

Post by qbobz » Dec 31st, '06, 02:13

i use 'any-video-converter', get it free from http://thepiratebay.org/

set to MPEG, drag over whole series(30 files) and start converting. wake up inda morn- all done.
only downside is rmvb converts into only PSP/IPOD Mpeg-4(*.MP4) or DVDvideo PAL/NTSC(*.MPEG)

:-)

qbobz

Post by qbobz » Dec 31st, '06, 02:55

4got 2 mention earlier- mayB all u guys alredy kno dis. but 4 novice like moi;
i tried loads of progs, all RMVB convertable.
but most gave a 'Cannot read filetype' message wen i tried to convert & i,finkin de prog dont work-moved onto next App,
den i find dey all do work, i jus needed 2 delete any chinese font/words from de files & folders dey r in first

joeyjoey

Post by joeyjoey » Jan 1st, '07, 20:51

I have winavi 7.7 and when I convert it it only coverts like 35 mins. It didn't convert like 8 min of the rest of the serie

same with the super program that i used

acmilansoccer999

Post by acmilansoccer999 » Jul 2nd, '07, 15:48

can someone tell me how to use avisynth to convert???
if not which is easier to use super or vdubmod?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 2nd, '07, 16:14

acmilansoccer999 wrote:can someone tell me how to use avisynth to convert???
if not which is easier to use super or vdubmod?
please read the second post in the thread by BOGCHI. there is a link to a videohelp tutorial. it basically takes you through the steps on how to use avisynth. if you use avisynth, though, you will need another program, vdubmod (for .avi) or tmpegenc (for .mpeg).

crzycpl

Post by crzycpl » Dec 11th, '07, 11:13

does anyone know how to convert these on a mac computer?