[Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
se7en_5ive

Post by se7en_5ive » Sep 1st, '07, 03:44

Q: When I try to run through Virtual Dub (due to out of sync audio) I get this error message: "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format "source format tag: 2000). I loaded the avi into Gspot and it said the Codec is installed
A: Tag 2000 is the AC3 codec. Virtual Dub also requires the ACM decompressor. You can download it here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AC3_ACM_Decompressor .
after i downloaded, where i have to keep these files.. :scratch:

ivanlsm

Post by ivanlsm » Sep 1st, '07, 04:20

kyuuketsuki wrote:
peonyhouse wrote:i've read most of the FAQ but i can't seem to find the answer to this:

i've converted the soft subs into hardsubs on my video file.
When i right click the file it says its only 312mb.
Problem is, when i loaded the file onto my dvd-rw using Nero it said i have already used
over 2gb out of the 4gb it should hold.

i don't want to be using 1 episode for 1 disc.
anyone please tell my why the file is larger than its suppose to be
and how to make it smaller?!

thanks alot
When you converted softsubs to hardsubs, is your file still AVI?

If you want DVD video, you need to convert to MPG2. However many episodes you want on your DVD, you can load them into SimpleAvis2Dvd and it will convert the AVIs to MPG2 and be the correct size.

If you are loading the AVIs into Nero, it is probably doing an internal calculation and deciding that it will take 2 GB for the conversion. These calculations are usually based on CBR and the image quality conversion for Nero is not very good.

Let me know if you have more questions.
I use resolution 352x240 for NTSC or 352x288 for PAL. Use this settings. I can squeeze 8-10 episodes in one 4.7GB DVD.

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 1st, '07, 04:29

Ah thank you for this tutorial! I just bought a dvd set, and wanted to rip it, add English subtitles, and reburn to another dvd to watch on the TV. When I tried to do this on my own, softsubs didn't show up (even when named correctly), and I couldn' t figure out how to add a command for subtitles on the menu. When I tried using hardsub instead of softsub, I got that "overscan" problem where the subtitles were cropped off the bottom.

Reading the tutorial on overscan, it sounds like I need to change tv settings. I just want to change the video to fit on the full screen... I am not sure I understand this process...

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 1st, '07, 04:34

se7en_5ive wrote:
Q: When I try to run through Virtual Dub (due to out of sync audio) I get this error message: "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format "source format tag: 2000). I loaded the avi into Gspot and it said the Codec is installed
A: Tag 2000 is the AC3 codec. Virtual Dub also requires the ACM decompressor. You can download it here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AC3_ACM_Decompressor .
I don't think you need the files after you install them, so download to a temp directory, unzip, then right-click on the "AC3ACM.inf" file, and choose "Install" from the popup menu.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 1st, '07, 04:40

ali_sen wrote:Ah thank you for this tutorial! I just bought a dvd set, and wanted to rip it, add English subtitles, and reburn to another dvd to watch on the TV. When I tried to do this on my own, softsubs didn't show up (even when named correctly), and I couldn' t figure out how to add a command for subtitles on the menu. When I tried using hardsub instead of softsub, I got that "overscan" problem where the subtitles were cropped off the bottom.

Reading the tutorial on overscan, it sounds like I need to change tv settings. I just want to change the video to fit on the full screen... I am not sure I understand this process...
As long as you have AVI files with subtitle files that correspond, just follow the steps in the tutorial. You do not have to worry about overscan. It is automatically fixed for you. Also, the soft subs will automatically be selectable with the DVD remote.

se7en_5ive

Post by se7en_5ive » Sep 1st, '07, 12:05

kyuuketsuki wrote:
se7en_5ive wrote:
I don't think you need the files after you install them, so download to a temp directory, unzip, then right-click on the "AC3ACM.inf" file, and choose "Install" from the popup menu.
when i am planned to install, the warning came out..

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 1st, '07, 13:23

se7en_5ive wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
se7en_5ive wrote: after i downloaded, where i have to keep these files.. :scratch:
when i am planned to install, the warning came out..
Any time you download a program from the internet is is always a good idea to:
1. Know the source you are downloading from
2. Know what you are downloading
3. Run a virus checker on the file after you download

I am running the program on my computer so I know it's safe. So after you download the program, run your virus checker on the zip file. Then click "Continue Anyway" to install it.

se7en_5ive

Post by se7en_5ive » Sep 2nd, '07, 03:11

Code: Select all

BeSweet v1.5b31 by DSPguru.
--------------------------
Error 75: Unable to get VOBinput.dll interfaces
Get it from http://DSPguru.doom9.org/effects.html
Quiting...
[00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !                                    

Logging ends : 09/02/07 , 10:26:14.
I already placed vobinput.dll in BeSweet but still encounter audio problem (mp2) after i encode avi to mpv.
Or is it the dll which i downloaded was wrong. I can't access http://DSPguru.doom9.org/effects.html .. that site so i just google it and keep it in BeSweet Folder.. :-(

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 2nd, '07, 13:59

se7en_5ive wrote:

Quiting...

I already placed vobinput.dll in BeSweet but still encounter audio problem (mp2) after i encode avi to mpv.
Or is it the dll which i downloaded was wrong. I can't access http://DSPguru.doom9.org/effects.html .. that site so i just google it and keep it in BeSweet Folder.. :-(
Hmmm. This is the first time I've seen that. I think you are using the wrong version of VobInput.dll. You need version 1.3. Delete the version you have and try this one http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications

se7en_5ive

Post by se7en_5ive » Sep 2nd, '07, 15:27

kyuuketsuki wrote:
se7en_5ive wrote:

Quiting...

Hmmm. This is the first time I've seen that. I think you are using the wrong version of VobInput.dll. You need version 1.3. Delete the version you have and try this one http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications
thanks.. yes.. i got the wrong version.. mine was 1.2.0.2. I downloaded new version and just tested a small file and it works.... :cheers: no error this time.
i will try out other steps tomorrow.. thanks alot for the help. will let you know if i meet any more problem.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 3rd, '07, 17:36

Alright, so I looked through most of these pages to see if my question was asked, but I didn't see it, so hopefully this can be solved.

I'm having an issue with my audio. I am using Quenc encoder and when it run it through DVD2SVCD it doesn't come up with any errors (except for the mpeg2 error which we were told to ignore). When I try to put it into DVDAuthorGUI it tells me the mp2 files are missing.

Looking into the log file, it looks like it's not even converting the audio..
--------------------------------------------------------
- 9/3/2007 2:31:31 AM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2DVD ver. 1.2.3 build 1
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- 9/3/2007 2:31:32 AM
- Free on drive D: 3980.85 mb
- Crash Recovery
- Restarting from: Video encoding
- 9/3/2007 2:31:33 AM
- Video Encoding using QuEnc
StreamSectors: 924224588
AudioSectors: 110954732
VideoPAPO: 12597984
ScanOffsetBytes: 175674
SeqAligningBytes: 11165059
DVDBytes: 0
VideoEndHeader: 4
SubtitleSectors: 0
EmptySectors: 238.00
PictureSectors: 0.00
PureMPEGStream: 789331135.33
Seconds: 3909.77
CalcMPEGStream: 789331135.33
Frames: 117116
CDSize: 886.00
Number of CDs: 1
Cut point 882.00

Executing QuEnc. Commandline:
"D:\DVD Tools\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe" -i "D:\DVDs\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mpv" -b 1615 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 9/3/2007 7:29:38 AM
- Free on drive D: 4036.72 mb
- Multiplexing Audio and Video
Executing MPlex. Commandline:
"D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "D:\DVDs\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mpv" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mp2"
- 9/3/2007 7:29:40 AM
- Free on drive D: 4036.71 mb
- Determining length of audio
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 9/3/2007 7:29:45 AM
- Conversion done!
I also do not get an mpeg file when it is finished converting. All I get are .d2s and .mpv files.

I tried loading it in VirtualDub and it tells me that it cannot decode MPEG-2 video streams.

Hopefully someone can help :( thanks.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Sep 3rd, '07, 17:53

kyuuketsuki wrote:
kht2015 wrote:Hi Kyuuketsuki

I got the error below when trying to start DVD2SVCD:
AVI source: could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs

I loaded the file into Gspot:
Audio: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Video: XVID

Both codecs are installed and I also installed the decompressor.
Please help.
Thank you.
This is usually because of an invalid size i.e. improper avisynth frameserver parameters. Are you trying to run Dvd2Svcd by itself or from SimpleAvis2Dvd? Are you using TmpgEnc? It could also be (but not likely) from the priority of your VFAPI plugins. Every AVI needs different frameserver parameters. I calculate these inside of SimpleAvis2Dvd, so if you use Dvd2Svcd without SimpleAvis2Dvd, then you would have to calculate these on your own and input them into the frameserver tab.

If you are running SimpleAvis2Dvd, the first thing to do is click on the "view log" button and see if there is anything specifically reported in there.
I used Fit CD to get the frameserver parameters and copy them onto DVD2SVCD. Is it not the way to do it? I was trying to convert Time of Dog and Wolf MickyeBaby version ep 8 and couldn't. Thank you.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 3rd, '07, 18:32

Egg-chan wrote:Alright, so I looked through most of these pages to see if my question was asked, but I didn't see it, so hopefully this can be solved.

I'm having an issue with my audio. I am using Quenc encoder and when it run it through DVD2SVCD it doesn't come up with any errors (except for the mpeg2 error which we were told to ignore). When I try to put it into DVDAuthorGUI it tells me the mp2 files are missing.

Looking into the log file, it looks like it's not even converting the audio..
- 9/3/2007 2:31:31 AM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- 9/3/2007 2:31:32 AM
- Crash Recovery
- 9/3/2007 2:31:33 AM
StreamSectors: 924224588
AudioSectors: 110954732
VideoPAPO: 12597984
ScanOffsetBytes: 175674
SeqAligningBytes: 11165059
PureMPEGStream: 789331135.33
Seconds: 3909.77
CalcMPEGStream: 789331135.33
Frames: 117116
CDSize: 886.00
Cut point 882.00

"D:\DVD Tools\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe" -i "D:\DVDs\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mpv" -b 1615 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 9/3/2007 7:29:38 AM
- Free on drive D: 4036.72 mb
"D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "D:\DVDs\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mpv" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Disk1Doc.mp2"
- 9/3/2007 7:29:40 AM
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 9/3/2007 7:29:45 AM
- Conversion done!
I also do not get an mpeg file when it is finished converting. All I get are .d2s and .mpv files.

I tried loading it in VirtualDub and it tells me that it cannot decode MPEG-2 video streams.

Hopefully someone can help :( thanks.
SimpleAvis2Dvd uses BeSweet to convert the audio and Dvd2Svcd to convert the video. You should not see anything about converting audio in the dvd2svcd log file. The only log file you need to look at is SimpleAvis2Dvd.log. Check what it says about the audio. If there is no mp2 audio file it should report the error and it will tell you which audio codec you need. If you still need help, post the audio error reported in the log file.
Last edited by kyuuketsuki on Sep 3rd, '07, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 3rd, '07, 18:44

kht2015 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:
kht2015 wrote:Hi Kyuuketsuki

I got the error below when trying to start DVD2SVCD:
AVI source: could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs

I loaded the file into Gspot:
Audio: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Video: XVID

Both codecs are installed and I also installed the decompressor.
Please help.
Thank you.
This is usually because of an invalid size i.e. improper avisynth frameserver parameters. Are you trying to run Dvd2Svcd by itself or from SimpleAvis2Dvd? Are you using TmpgEnc? It could also be (but not likely) from the priority of your VFAPI plugins. Every AVI needs different frameserver parameters. I calculate these inside of SimpleAvis2Dvd, so if you use Dvd2Svcd without SimpleAvis2Dvd, then you would have to calculate these on your own and input them into the frameserver tab.

If you are running SimpleAvis2Dvd, the first thing to do is click on the "view log" button and see if there is anything specifically reported in there.
I used Fit CD to get the frameserver parameters and copy them onto DVD2SVCD. Is it not the way to do it? I was trying to convert Time of Dog and Wolf MickyeBaby version ep 8 and couldn't. Thank you.
I got rid of FitCd about a year ago. Have you been using it this whole time? Eek. It was such a hassle. Everything is completely automated now. Just load your files into SimpleAvis2Dvd and it calculates the frameserver parms and automatically loads it into Dvd2Svcd. The only program you need to use for conversion is SimpleAvis2Dvd, and then for authoring DvdAuthorGui.

Make sure you have upgraded to version 2.57 of AviSynth. It is needed to convert the MickyBaby episodes.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 4th, '07, 13:21

kyuuketsuki wrote:SimpleAvis2Dvd uses BeSweet to convert the audio and Dvd2Svcd to convert the video. You should not see anything about converting audio in the dvd2svcd log file. The only log file you need to look at is SimpleAvis2Dvd.log. Check what it says about the audio. If there is no mp2 audio file it should report the error and it will tell you which audio codec you need. If you still need help, post the audio error reported in the log file.
Alright, I tried converting them all over again and I got more errors. It gave me this error:

Unable to get VOBinput.dll interfaces

Which I put it into the BeSweet directory, not sure what's wrong with it. And I also got errors like this:
Mon Sep 03 18:26:30 2007:: Processing E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 1\[DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live.avi - <none>
Mon Sep 03 18:26:30 2007:: Frame rate 29.970
Mon Sep 03 18:26:31 2007:: Error! Cannot rename file D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVD.ini.
Mon Sep 03 18:26:31 2007:: Error! Cannot rename file D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVD.ini.
Mon Sep 03 18:26:32 2007:: 0=LanczosResize(656,368,0,0,720,408)
Mon Sep 03 18:26:32 2007:: 1=AddBorders(32,56,32,56)
Mon Sep 03 18:26:32 2007:: Creating D2S file for [DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live
Mon Sep 03 18:26:32 2007:: Creating [DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live.mp2
Mon Sep 03 18:26:33 2007:: ERROR: Invalid File D:\DVDs\[DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live.mp2
Mon Sep 03 18:26:33 2007:: Creating [DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live.mpv
Mon Sep 03 23:56:58 2007:: File D:\DVDs\[DVD] NEWS Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2 Live.mpv size 801156171
Mon Sep 03 23:56:58 2007:: Renaming MPV, MPG
Mon Sep 03 23:56:58 2007::
It's not the whole error log, but seems to be the most notable part. If you need the whole thing, I can post it up. Anyway, it seems to be having errors creating the mp2s.. (probably because of the other error).. and some errors renaming things. The folder that I am saving this into is completely empty before I start the conversion process so it's not like I'm saving over something...

Thanks for the help!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 4th, '07, 13:55

Egg-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:SimpleAvis2Dvd uses BeSweet to convert the audio and Dvd2Svcd to convert the video. You should not see anything about converting audio in the dvd2svcd log file. The only log file you need to look at is SimpleAvis2Dvd.log. Check what it says about the audio. If there is no mp2 audio file it should report the error and it will tell you which audio codec you need. If you still need help, post the audio error reported in the log file.
Alright, I tried converting them all over again and I got more errors. It gave me this error:

Unable to get VOBinput.dll interfaces

Which I put it into the BeSweet directory, not sure what's wrong with it. And I also got errors like this:

It's not the whole error log, but seems to be the most notable part. If you need the whole thing, I can post it up. Anyway, it seems to be having errors creating the mp2s.. (probably because of the other error).. and some errors renaming things. The folder that I am saving this into is completely empty before I start the conversion process so it's not like I'm saving over something...

Thanks for the help!
For the audio encoding, you probably don't have the correct version of VobInput.dll. You need version 1.3. You can get it here http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications

Are you using Windows Vista? Make sure your UAC is disabled.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 4th, '07, 22:02

kyuuketsuki wrote:For the audio encoding, you probably don't have the correct version of VobInput.dll. You need version 1.3. You can get it here http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications

Are you using Windows Vista? Make sure your UAC is disabled.
Alright I will try downloading that version when I get home tonight. Also I am not using Vista... I am using XP (SP2).

Thanks for the help and hopefully I won't have any more problems :D

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Sep 4th, '07, 22:18

Hi!

I'm new to this whole burning process thing. However, I'm not going to ask about dvd burning since I don't have a dvd burner. (Although, I'm hoping to get one for my birthday!! :lol )

I was actually wondering about VCDs. Can I create a vcd with my cd burner?? I don't really know anything about how vcds work, etc. so if someone could explain it to me, that'd be great. :mrgreen: Thanks!!

kyuuketsuki

Re: Newbie

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 4th, '07, 23:26

KiwiHoshi wrote:Hi!

I'm new to this whole burning process thing. However, I'm not going to ask about dvd burning since I don't have a dvd burner. (Although, I'm hoping to get one for my birthday!! :lol )

I was actually wondering about VCDs. Can I create a vcd with my cd burner?? I don't really know anything about how vcds work, etc. so if someone could explain it to me, that'd be great. :mrgreen: Thanks!!
Yes you can create a VCD. First you want to make sure your DVD player will play VCDs. Check www.videohelp.com to see. You are better off creating an SVCD as it is better quality than VCD. They both use CDRs. Download all the programs in the tutorial. You will not be using SimpleAvis2Dvd. You can create the SVCD by using Dvd2Svcd. Select AVI as input and SVCD as output.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 5th, '07, 09:12

I don't get one thing so far

What is that exe thing? What should i select there where you chose C:\PROGRA~1\CUSTOM~1\CINEMA~1\cctsp.exe ?

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Sep 5th, '07, 12:13

Tue Sep 04 16:58:36 2007:: Creating D2S file for Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON
Tue Sep 04 16:58:36 2007:: Creating Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mp2
Tue Sep 04 16:58:37 2007:: ERROR: Invalid File D:\Nat's Document\My Videos\Sera - Terms\Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mp2
Tue Sep 04 16:58:37 2007:: Creating Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mpv
Tue Sep 04 18:21:37 2007:: File D:\Nat's Document\My Videos\Sera - Terms\Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mpv size 804253540
Tue Sep 04 18:21:37 2007:: Renaming MPV, MPG
Tue Sep 04 18:21:37 2007::

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tue Sep 04 18:21:37 2007:: Log File Audio.log
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quiting...

I received ERRORS on Invalid File and VOBiput.dll when I used Simple Avis 2 Dvd above. What is the error? Also, I did put the VOBinput.dll file in the BeSweet folder.

Thank you

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 5th, '07, 14:10

Waahhhh I am getting more errors :( I downloaded that new VOBInput.dll and when I started it it did something different than before (stayed on the DOS screen and said something about BeSweet was processing something) which it didn't do before so I had hope but when I woke up and checked the progress it gave me more errors :(
Tue Sep 04 23:36:23 2007:: SimpleAvis2Dvd Version 2.8 - 08/18/07
Tue Sep 04 23:36:23 2007:: MS Windows Version - XP 5.1
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: WARNING Cannot find subtitle for DVD_Extra.avi
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: Added File E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi: Frames - 44611, Time - 00:24:48
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: Video XVID, Audio MP3
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Encoder = QuEnc
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Processing E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi - <none>
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Frame rate 29.970
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: 0=LanczosResize(656,368,0,0,720,408)
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: 1=AddBorders(32,56,32,56)
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: Creating D2S file for DVD_Extra
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: Creating DVD_Extra.mp2
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: ERROR: Invalid File D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: ERROR: FileSize is 0
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: Creating DVD_Extra.mpv
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: File D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv size 872476377
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Renaming MPV, MPG
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007::

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Log File Audio.log
Using VOBInput.dll v1.3 by DVD2SVCD (http://www.dvd2svcd.org)
Using hip.dll v1.19 by Myers Carpenter <myers>
Using Ogg Vorbis v1.0 dlls (http://www.vorbis.com).
Using Shibatch.dll v0.25 by Naoki Shibata & DSPguru (shibatch.sourceforge.net).
Using MP2enc.dll v1.129 (23/5/2002), Engine 1.129 <http>.

Logging start : 09/04/07 , 23:36:33.

D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe -core( -input E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi -output D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2 -logfile D:\DVDs\audio.log ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi
[00:00:00:000] | Output: D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
[00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: Yes
[00:00:00:000] | A/V Delay found : 0msec
[00:00:00:000] | Overall Track Gain: 0.329dB
[00:00:00:000] +------ Shibatch -----
[00:00:00:000] | Source Sample-Rate: 11.0KHz
[00:00:00:000] | Dest. Sample-Rate: 48.0KHz
[00:00:00:000] | Attenuation : 0.0db
[00:00:00:000] +------- MP2ENC ------
[00:00:00:000] | Bitrate method : CBR
[00:00:00:000] | MP2 bitrate : 224
[00:00:00:000] | Channels Mode : Stereo
[00:00:00:000] | Error Protection: Yes
[00:00:00:000] +---------------------

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Log File MPlex_log.txt
INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (dvd2svcd modified) (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
**ERROR: [???] Unable to read from D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2.

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Creating D:\DVDs\SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Log File dvd2svcd_log.txt
- 9/4/2007 11:36:56 PM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- Free on drive D: 5232.78 mb
- 9/4/2007 11:36:57 PM
- Free on drive D: 5232.76 mb
StreamSectors: 4630539788
AudioSectors: 42296800
VideoPAPO: 71074332
ScanOffsetBytes: 66912
SeqAligningBytes: 4252629
PureMPEGStream: 4512849110.67
Seconds: 1490.42
CalcMPEGStream: 4512849110.67
Frames: 44608
CDSize: 4430.00
Cut point 4426.00

"D:\DVD Tools\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe" -i "D:\DVDs\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv" -b 7200 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 9/5/2007 2:30:07 AM
- Free on drive D: 4400.70 mb
"D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "D:\DVDs\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2"
- 9/5/2007 2:30:10 AM
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 9/5/2007 2:30:15 AM
- Conversion done!

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Log File SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva
DVDAuthorGUI 1.007 - 10/28/2005
D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv/D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
00:00:00.00,00:05:00.00,00:10:00.00,00:15:00.00
D:\DVDs\DefaultMenu.m2v/
1 00:00:00.0 00:00:00.0 3 5 <loop>
menu01: 220/ 192/ 488/ 270/jump title 1 chapter 1/blue/white/0/0
call menu
<none>
center,bottom,60,60,30,30,28.0,arial.ttf,720,478,29.97,CP1252,FFFFFF:A0A0A0:808080|
jump titleset 1 menu
NTSC
False
False

Output Directory Listing

RDO HID SYS ARC SIZE FILE DATE
--- --- --- --- ---- ---- ----
N N N N 0 . Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N N 0 .. Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 1493 audio.log Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007

N N N Y 835 AVISYNTH.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 232 AviSynth_Script_file.avs Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 10269 DefaultMenu.m2v Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 23 DVD Maestro Chapters File.chp Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 5741 DVD.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 12 dvd2svcd chapters file.ini Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2612 dvd2svcd project file.d2s Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2471 DVD2SVCD.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2065 dvd2svcd_log.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:15 2007

N N N Y 2587 DVD_Extra.d2s Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007

N N N Y 0 DVD_Extra.mp2 Tue Sep 04 23:36:34 2007

N N N Y 872476377 DVD_Extra.mpv Wed Sep 05 02:30:04 2007

N N N Y 208 Intra.mtr Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 154 MPlex_log.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:09 2007

N N N Y 208 Non-Intra.mtr Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 105 ResampleAudio.avs Tue Sep 04 23:36:56 2007

N N N Y 469 SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007

N N N Y 6640 SimpleAvis2Dvd.log Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 1037 SVCDInfo.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:15 2007

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Conversion Complete
Thanks so much for your help <3

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 01:45

Alecsa-chan wrote:I don't get one thing so far

What is that exe thing? What should i select there where you chose C:\PROGRA~1\CUSTOM~1\CINEMA~1\cctsp.exe ?
You need an encoder. Download QuEnc. On your Dvd2svcd Ebcoder tab, select QuEnc, then click on the folder icon and point to QuEnc.exe where you installed it.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 01:47

kht2015 wrote:Tue Sep 04 16:58:36 2007:: Creating D2S file for Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON
Tue Sep 04 16:58:37 2007:: ERROR: Invalid File D:\Nat's Document\My Videos\Sera - Terms\Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mp2
Tue Sep 04 18:21:37 2007:: File D:\Nat's Document\My Videos\Sera - Terms\Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON.mpv size 804253540

Quiting...

I received ERRORS on Invalid File and VOBiput.dll when I used Simple Avis 2 Dvd above. What is the error? Also, I did put the VOBinput.dll file in the BeSweet folder.

Thank you
You need Version 1.3 of VobInput.dll. You can get it here and replace the other version with ver 1.3 http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 01:49

Egg-chan wrote:Waahhhh I am getting more errors :( I downloaded that new VOBInput.dll and when I started it it did something different than before (stayed on the DOS screen and said something about BeSweet was processing something) which it didn't do before so I had hope but when I woke up and checked the progress it gave me more errors :(
Tue Sep 04 23:36:23 2007:: SimpleAvis2Dvd Version 2.8 - 08/18/07
Tue Sep 04 23:36:23 2007:: MS Windows Version - XP 5.1
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: WARNING Cannot find subtitle for DVD_Extra.avi
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: Added File E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi: Frames - 44611, Time - 00:24:48
Tue Sep 04 23:36:29 2007:: Video XVID, Audio MP3
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Encoder = QuEnc
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Processing E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi - <none>
Tue Sep 04 23:36:31 2007:: Frame rate 29.970
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: 0=LanczosResize(656,368,0,0,720,408)
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: 1=AddBorders(32,56,32,56)
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: Creating D2S file for DVD_Extra
Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007:: Creating DVD_Extra.mp2
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: ERROR: Invalid File D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: ERROR: FileSize is 0
Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007:: Creating DVD_Extra.mpv
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: File D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv size 872476377
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Renaming MPV, MPG
Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007::

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Log File Audio.log
Using VOBInput.dll v1.3 by DVD2SVCD (http://www.dvd2svcd.org)
Using hip.dll v1.19 by Myers Carpenter <myers>
Using Ogg Vorbis v1.0 dlls (http://www.vorbis.com).
Using Shibatch.dll v0.25 by Naoki Shibata & DSPguru (shibatch.sourceforge.net).
Using MP2enc.dll v1.129 (23/5/2002), Engine 1.129 <http>.

Logging start : 09/04/07 , 23:36:33.

D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe -core( -input E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi -output D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2 -logfile D:\DVDs\audio.log ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : E:\Music\Foreign Music\NewS\Never Ending Wonderful Story - Disc 2\DVD_Extra.avi
[00:00:00:000] | Output: D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
[00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: Yes
[00:00:00:000] | A/V Delay found : 0msec
[00:00:00:000] | Overall Track Gain: 0.329dB
[00:00:00:000] +------ Shibatch -----
[00:00:00:000] | Source Sample-Rate: 11.0KHz
[00:00:00:000] | Dest. Sample-Rate: 48.0KHz
[00:00:00:000] | Attenuation : 0.0db
[00:00:00:000] +------- MP2ENC ------
[00:00:00:000] | Bitrate method : CBR
[00:00:00:000] | MP2 bitrate : 224
[00:00:00:000] | Channels Mode : Stereo
[00:00:00:000] | Error Protection: Yes
[00:00:00:000] +---------------------

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Log File MPlex_log.txt
INFO: [???] mplex version 2.0.0 (dvd2svcd modified) (2.2.3 $Date: 2004/01/13 20:45:26 $)
**ERROR: [???] Unable to read from D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2.

Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007:: Creating D:\DVDs\SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Log File dvd2svcd_log.txt
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
Initializing
-
Initializing finished.

- Free on drive D: 5232.78 mb
- 9/4/2007 11:36:57 PM
- Free on drive D: 5232.76 mb
StreamSectors: 4630539788
AudioSectors: 42296800
VideoPAPO: 71074332
ScanOffsetBytes: 66912
SeqAligningBytes: 4252629
PureMPEGStream: 4512849110.67
Seconds: 1490.42
CalcMPEGStream: 4512849110.67
Frames: 44608
CDSize: 4430.00
Cut point 4426.00

"D:\DVD Tools\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe" -i "D:\DVDs\AviSynth_Script_file.avs" -o "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv" -b 7200 -maxbitrate 8000 -2 -gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -dc 10 -auto -close -mpeg2 -trell -nocgop -nointerlaced -extreme -hq -scene -nocmatrix -aspectratio 4:3
- 9/5/2007 2:30:07 AM
"D:\DVD Tools\DVD2SVCD\DVD2SVCD\DVDAuthor\mplex.exe" -f 8 -o "D:\DVDs\MPlex_Muxed_File00.mpg" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv" "D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2"
- 9/5/2007 2:30:10 AM
Analyzing finished.

Image creation finished.

- 9/5/2007 2:30:15 AM
- Conversion done!

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Log File SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva
DVDAuthorGUI 1.007 - 10/28/2005
D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mpv/D:\DVDs\DVD_Extra.mp2
00:00:00.00,00:05:00.00,00:10:00.00,00:15:00.00
D:\DVDs\DefaultMenu.m2v/
1 00:00:00.0 00:00:00.0 3 5 <loop>
menu01: 220/ 192/ 488/ 270/jump title 1 chapter 1/blue/white/0/0
call menu
<none>
center,bottom,60,60,30,30,28.0,arial.ttf,720,478,29.97,CP1252,FFFFFF:A0A0A0:808080|
jump titleset 1 menu
NTSC
False
False

Output Directory Listing

RDO HID SYS ARC SIZE FILE DATE
--- --- --- --- ---- ---- ----
N N N N 0 . Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N N 0 .. Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 1493 audio.log Tue Sep 04 23:36:53 2007

N N N Y 835 AVISYNTH.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 232 AviSynth_Script_file.avs Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 10269 DefaultMenu.m2v Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 23 DVD Maestro Chapters File.chp Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 5741 DVD.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 12 dvd2svcd chapters file.ini Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2612 dvd2svcd project file.d2s Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2471 DVD2SVCD.INI Wed Sep 05 02:30:14 2007

N N N Y 2065 dvd2svcd_log.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:15 2007

N N N Y 2587 DVD_Extra.d2s Tue Sep 04 23:36:32 2007

N N N Y 0 DVD_Extra.mp2 Tue Sep 04 23:36:34 2007

N N N Y 872476377 DVD_Extra.mpv Wed Sep 05 02:30:04 2007

N N N Y 208 Intra.mtr Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 154 MPlex_log.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:09 2007

N N N Y 208 Non-Intra.mtr Tue Sep 04 23:37:00 2007

N N N Y 105 ResampleAudio.avs Tue Sep 04 23:36:56 2007

N N N Y 469 SimpleAvis2Dvd.dva Wed Sep 05 02:30:20 2007

N N N Y 6640 SimpleAvis2Dvd.log Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007

N N N Y 1037 SVCDInfo.txt Wed Sep 05 02:30:15 2007

Wed Sep 05 02:30:21 2007:: Conversion Complete
Thanks so much for your help <3
Ok you've now got BeSweet and VobInput.dll working together. Your Audio is MP3, so you will need to convert the AVI audio using Virtual Dub. Check the FAQ on how to do this.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 6th, '07, 01:56

kyuuketsuki wrote:Ok you've now got BeSweet and VobInput.dll working together. Your Audio is MP3, so you will need to convert the AVI audio using Virtual Dub. Check the FAQ on how to do this.
When I try to open it in Virtual Dub it tells me it can't read mpeg-2's or something.. :(

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 6th, '07, 12:09

kyuuketsuki wrote:You need an encoder. Download QuEnc. On your Dvd2svcd Ebcoder tab, select QuEnc, then click on the folder icon and point to QuEnc.exe where you installed it.
Owww thank you.

Ermm i do have another question though: which steps do i have to pass if i don't have subtitles and i don't want a menu?

And another question: can i burn let's say 2 video files instead of 1 to one dvd? I need to convert them separately or at once? Coz if separate then i'll have 2 TS-audio directories and 2 TS_VIDEO dir :unsure: GAAH i'm so helpless.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 13:59

Egg-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:Ok you've now got BeSweet and VobInput.dll working together. Your Audio is MP3, so you will need to convert the AVI audio using Virtual Dub. Check the FAQ on how to do this.
When I try to open it in Virtual Dub it tells me it can't read mpeg-2's or something.. :(
Are you loading your original AVI file into Virtual Dub? I would have to see the exact error to know what is wrong. If you are loading an AVI and there is an error, first check the FAQ to see if that error is explained. If it is not, then post a screen shot.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 14:27

Alecsa-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:You need an encoder. Download QuEnc. On your Dvd2svcd Ebcoder tab, select QuEnc, then click on the folder icon and point to QuEnc.exe where you installed it.
Owww thank you.

Ermm i do have another question though: which steps do i have to pass if i don't have subtitles and i don't want a menu?

And another question: can i burn let's say 2 video files instead of 1 to one dvd? I need to convert them separately or at once? Coz if separate then i'll have 2 TS-audio directories and 2 TS_VIDEO dir :unsure: GAAH i'm so helpless.
There is a default menu that is created automatically. If you want to create a DVD with 2 video files, just load both of the AVIs into SimpleAvis2Dvd. If there are no subtitles, it will just show up as "None" in the subtitle window. Hit the "GO" button. Then let the videos convert for a few hours. When it is done, load the dva file into DvdAuthorGui. Hit the author button and it will create 1 TS_VIDEO directory.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 6th, '07, 14:29

kyuuketsuki wrote:There is a default menu that is created automatically. If you want to create a DVD with 2 video files, just load both of the AVIs into SimpleAvis2Dvd. If there are no subtitles, it will just show up as "None" in the subtitle window. Hit the "GO" button. Then let the videos convert for a few hours. When it is done, load the dva file into DvdAuthorGui. Hit the author button and it will create 1 TS_VIDEO directory.
Thankies.

After all i put only one file and i'm quite sure i did well the procession but there shows no file in the TS_AUDIO folder. Is this the way it should be?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 6th, '07, 14:45

Alecsa-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:There is a default menu that is created automatically. If you want to create a DVD with 2 video files, just load both of the AVIs into SimpleAvis2Dvd. If there are no subtitles, it will just show up as "None" in the subtitle window. Hit the "GO" button. Then let the videos convert for a few hours. When it is done, load the dva file into DvdAuthorGui. Hit the author button and it will create 1 TS_VIDEO directory.
Thankies.

After all i put only one file and i'm quite sure i did well the procession but there shows no file in the TS_AUDIO folder. Is this the way it should be?
Correct. There are no files in the TS_AUDIO directory.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 6th, '07, 15:04

kyuuketsuki wrote:Correct. There are no files in the TS_AUDIO directory.
I burned it using nero but erm... i chose the Burn DVD Video-Files thing and there was already an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. And i only added the files from my VIDEO_TS into Nero's VIDEO_TS ahhh baka. Should have added my entire directory with the audio and video files?

Coz it's not working with my stupid dvd player...

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Sep 7th, '07, 03:01

kyuuketsuki wrote:
kht2015 wrote:Tue Sep 04 16:58:36 2007:: Creating D2S file for Que.Sera.Sera.E13.KOR.HDTV.XviD-PERSON

Quiting...

Thank you
You need Version 1.3 of VobInput.dll. You can get it here and replace the other version with ver 1.3 http://propaganda.googlepages.com/applications
I also have the error above:

Why is it an Invalid file? I could convert using DVD2SVCD alone (with FitCD calculating parameters) but it gave me error when using the Batch program.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 7th, '07, 06:25

Alecsa-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:Correct. There are no files in the TS_AUDIO directory.
I burned it using nero but erm... i chose the Burn DVD Video-Files thing and there was already an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. And i only added the files from my VIDEO_TS into Nero's VIDEO_TS ahhh baka. Should have added my entire directory with the audio and video files?

Coz it's not working with my stupid dvd player...
I don't use Nero, but I think you did the right thing. I would try 2 things. First make sure your Dvd Player will play DVD+Rs. Most of them do. Check www.videohelp.com. Second, try playing the DVD files off your hard drive. With some DVD players on your computer you can select the IFO files in your TS_VIDEO directory and it will play.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 7th, '07, 06:33

kht2015 wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:

Quiting...

Thank you
I also have the error above:

Why is it an Invalid file? I could convert using DVD2SVCD alone (with FitCD calculating parameters) but it gave me error when using the Batch program.
It is probably a 0 kb file. Dvd2Svcd does not use VobInput.dll to convert the audio. It uses internal calcualtions to read the AVI, then it converts with BeSweet. VobInput is a plugin to read the AVI directly into BeSweet. SimpleAvis2Dvd uses VobInput.dll for the audio and Dvd2Svcd to only convert the video. If you don't have the correct version of VobInput.dll it will give you an error every time. I took the audio conversion out of Dvd2Svcd because I had many problems with it and if there were errors, there is no way to convert the audio without the video and it takes a long time.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 7th, '07, 10:14

kyuuketsuki wrote:I don't use Nero, but I think you did the right thing. I would try 2 things. First make sure your Dvd Player will play DVD+Rs. Most of them do. Check www.videohelp.com. Second, try playing the DVD files off your hard drive. With some DVD players on your computer you can select the IFO files in your TS_VIDEO directory and it will play.
I found an option in Nero 'Make my own DVD Video Files" and i tried using that. It took me about 2 hours but it's working with my DVD player.

Anyway i tried playing the IFO files with Windows Media Player (this usually works with original DVDs) but it said the file format is not supported. I'll search around for a dvd player software to install in my computer and i'll see then what happens.

Thanks for all your help so far!

edit: I dlded AVS DVD player and played the ifo file. There's only the audio, the image is black. And it says "Avisynth: caught an access violation at 0x01bc9562 attempting to read from 0x00fee000"

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 7th, '07, 14:44

Alecsa-chan wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:I don't use Nero, but I think you did the right thing. I would try 2 things. First make sure your Dvd Player will play DVD+Rs. Most of them do. Check www.videohelp.com. Second, try playing the DVD files off your hard drive. With some DVD players on your computer you can select the IFO files in your TS_VIDEO directory and it will play.
I found an option in Nero 'Make my own DVD Video Files" and i tried using that. It took me about 2 hours but it's working with my DVD player.

Anyway i tried playing the IFO files with Windows Media Player (this usually works with original DVDs) but it said the file format is not supported. I'll search around for a dvd player software to install in my computer and i'll see then what happens.

Thanks for all your help so far!

edit: I dlded AVS DVD player and played the ifo file. There's only the audio, the image is black. And it says "Avisynth: caught an access violation at 0x01bc9562 attempting to read from 0x00fee000"
You can use Nero to convert the AVIs. It should work fine, but the quality will not be very good. That Avisynth error means that your video did not convert. I would have to see the log file to see exactly what the problem is.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 7th, '07, 16:22

kyuuketsuki wrote:You can use Nero to convert the AVIs. It should work fine, but the quality will not be very good. That Avisynth error means that your video did not convert. I would have to see the log file to see exactly what the problem is.
I used Nero after all for all of my files. It was a concert so this way was much easier and more quicker. It didn't loose from quality because i used like 4 DVDs for the whole concert -_-

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 8th, '07, 16:53

okay so I tweaked some stuff around and it finally worked, so thank you so much for your help and I'm really excited I've got an awesome looking DVD! (I made a really complex DVD menu to go with it! That was fun :D)

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 8th, '07, 19:19

Ok so I lied when I said it worked I guess. It plays just fine in my computer as a DVD, but when I play it in any DVD player it gets really choppy while playing :(

I checked the original files and the files that were converted with DVD2SVCD and DVDauthorGUI and none of them have the choppy look to it.

I used Ashampoo to burn and then tried DVDShrink once that didn't work. I burned on the lowest speed possible and closed all programs and didn't use my computer while it was burning.

Any suggestions? :\

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Sep 9th, '07, 01:41

Thank you for your reply!! :-)

I d/l all of the programs that you suggested. Now, I'm confused as to what to do next. I tried to follow the tutorial, but since it's for SimpleAVIStoDVD I became easily confused. I want to burn my AVI to SVCD, and I was wondering if I can also create some sort of menu for it...or at least, a pretty background.

Please, help! Thank you!!!!! :cry:

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Sep 9th, '07, 03:03

Umm...I may have figured out something, but it might be nothing. I'm noticing that when I preview the frame before I'm deciding to burn it to SVCD, the program is kind of stretching the video vertically. (By the way, the video is from a DVD and in wide-screen view.) When I change the setting to VCD, the video isn't really obscured at all. (It may be slightly stretched horizontally, but it's not really noticeable.)

Thanks for your help!

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Sep 9th, '07, 22:23

So...I tried burning it just as a VCD. And....it was going fine until I got an error. The error said: EInvalidOp Invalid floating point operation

So...yeah...

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 10th, '07, 16:17

Egg-chan wrote:Ok so I lied when I said it worked I guess. It plays just fine in my computer as a DVD, but when I play it in any DVD player it gets really choppy while playing :(

I checked the original files and the files that were converted with DVD2SVCD and DVDauthorGUI and none of them have the choppy look to it.

I used Ashampoo to burn and then tried DVDShrink once that didn't work. I burned on the lowest speed possible and closed all programs and didn't use my computer while it was burning.

Any suggestions? :\
So the DVD+R works on your computer but not on your DVD player? I would try using a different burning program and a different brand DVD+R. I've had pretty good luck with the Verbatim brand DVD+R. Also check if you are using DVD-R or DVDRWs. Many players have problems with those.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 10th, '07, 16:33

KiwiHoshi wrote:Umm...I may have figured out something, but it might be nothing. I'm noticing that when I preview the frame before I'm deciding to burn it to SVCD, the program is kind of stretching the video vertically. (By the way, the video is from a DVD and in wide-screen view.) When I change the setting to VCD, the video isn't really obscured at all. (It may be slightly stretched horizontally, but it's not really noticeable.)

Thanks for your help!
ok if you are creating an SVCD you will need to do this:
1. Load the AVI into FitCD (you can download it here http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FitCD )
2. Set your input as AVI, output as SVCD, 2 blocks overscan, and interpolation as Lanczos Resizing.
3. Copy the lines at the bottom that read LanczosResize and AddBorders. Should look something like this
0=LanczosResize(656,368,0,0,624,352)
1=AddBorders(32,56,32,56)
4. Load your AVI into Dvd2Svcd. Click on the frameserver tab and select Lanczos Resize. Also make sure that you are choosing SVCD output. Edit the frameserver file and put the numbers in from FitCD from step 3 above.

This will give you the correct output. Click the preview button in Dvd2Svcd to make sure that the picture looks ok. Also make sure that your output size is set to 1 CD no matter how long the AVI is.

After conversion, this will create an MPG file that you will burn to SVCD.

Download the free version of VcdEasy http://www.videohelp.com/download/VCDEa ... _Setup.exe

This program will enable you to burn an SVCD from your MPG file.

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Sep 12th, '07, 18:55

Thanks!!

I did everything you told me to, so now, I'm going to try and burn the file. (Although, the picture is still stretched, but...I'm hoping it won't be like that after it's burned and I play it on my dvd player.) I don't know if this matters...but the file was created on DiVX (from what I know.)

Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, I was wondering if there is any way to burn more than one episode onto an SVCD using DVD2svcd. Thanks for you help!!! I appreciate it!! :lol

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 15th, '07, 13:09

KiwiHoshi wrote:Thanks!!

I did everything you told me to, so now, I'm going to try and burn the file. (Although, the picture is still stretched, but...I'm hoping it won't be like that after it's burned and I play it on my dvd player.) I don't know if this matters...but the file was created on DiVX (from what I know.)

Anyway, I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, I was wondering if there is any way to burn more than one episode onto an SVCD using DVD2svcd. Thanks for you help!!! I appreciate it!! :lol
If you put in the correct frameserve parameters from FitCd into your AviSynth script in the Dvd2Svcd frameserver tab, then it is the best you can do for the stretching. Most of the AVIs you cannot tell when you watch on the TV, but if the resolution is very different, you will see stretching. There is physically no way around it without re-editing every frame of the video and adding black bars on the top or side.

You might be able to get more than one episode on a CD, but I would not recommend it. The qualiity would be horrible. On the bitrate tab, type in 400 for the bitrate size and this would make your MPG 400 MB. Then you could put 2 on a CDR. I'm pretty sure you can add both of these to VCD Easy and add chapter stops. Not sure about a menu though.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Oct 9th, '07, 20:15

kyuuketsuki
Can I convert mpgs (instead of avis) to mpv and mp2 on simplesAvis2Dvd?
Because I have the mpgs files but i'd like to add a black border because of overscan problems.
Ahh and I'd like to know how to handle with files with super diferent sizes and resolutions...for example...I want to make a dvd with a movie + the MV of the music theme. While the avi of the movie is 1GB the MV is 100MB, but when I load both on SimpleAvi2DVD it encode both with the same size (2GB each). So I would like it to enconde the files based on the proportion of each file. Ahhh by the way I'm using the version 2.5 of SimpleAvi2DVD, i'll try the 2.8 you added on the 1rst page today. :D

Thanks in advance! your tutorial is amazing! I'm burning all my dvds based on your tutorial and now I hardly ever have a problem with the dvds I burn. Before when I used nerovision to authour and encode to dvd, only 50% of the dvds burned worked properly. But now with your tutorial 95% of the dvds I'm making is working 100% fine!

ccdj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ccdj » Oct 10th, '07, 02:52

I dun hv problems with burning avi or any video files into dvd using Nero Vision. It works all the time for me n ofr me it is the best tool to use..

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 10th, '07, 18:10

Rasckita wrote:kyuuketsuki
Can I convert mpgs (instead of avis) to mpv and mp2 on simplesAvis2Dvd?
Because I have the mpgs files but i'd like to add a black border because of overscan problems.
Ahh and I'd like to know how to handle with files with super diferent sizes and resolutions...for example...I want to make a dvd with a movie + the MV of the music theme. While the avi of the movie is 1GB the MV is 100MB, but when I load both on SimpleAvi2DVD it encode both with the same size (2GB each). So I would like it to enconde the files based on the proportion of each file. Ahhh by the way I'm using the version 2.5 of SimpleAvi2DVD, i'll try the 2.8 you added on the 1rst page today. :D

Thanks in advance! your tutorial is amazing! I'm burning all my dvds based on your tutorial and now I hardly ever have a problem with the dvds I burn. Before when I used nerovision to authour and encode to dvd, only 50% of the dvds burned worked properly. But now with your tutorial 95% of the dvds I'm making is working 100% fine!
Thanks, Rasckita.

If you have an MPG file, then it is already an MPV and MP2. The MPV and MP2 are inside of the MPG. So basically you want to take the MPV and resize it for standard DVD and add the borders. I'm sure it can be done. I'm just not sure which program is the best to do it. You may be able to do it using TmpgEnc. Virtual Dub Mod also might be able to do it.

If you want to make a DVD with the sizes that you said, you will have to load them each individually. You have 4430 for the whole DVD. Use less if you have advanced menus. Your first AVI is 1 GB, the 2nd is 0.1 GB. So the percentage of the first AVI is 1/1.1 = 91%. Multiple this by 4430 to get 4031. 4430 - 4031 = 399 for the second.

So, load your first AVI and where it says episode size, change it to 4031. Hit "go" and wait until it is finished. Close the program down and load the second one. Change the episode size to 399. Hit go and wait until it is finished and close the program. You now have your MPVs to burn. If you want to make a project for DvdAuthorGui, load both the avis and create the project file from the menu.

iyakkano

Post by iyakkano » Oct 16th, '07, 08:45

hi... i want to know why am geting this kind of error... but i choose TMPGEnc encoder and not the CCE encoder is there a reason why am getting this error... is TMPGEnc is only for audio???

- 10/16/2007 4:22:37 PM
- Free on drive C: 9976.38 mb
- Video Encoding using Cinema Craft
Cannot find registry entries for CCE, running CCE once....
EAccessViolation Access violation at address 7C82544D in module 'kernel32.dll'. Read of address 00000000

im really noob... hope u can help me...:(

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 16th, '07, 13:30

iyakkano wrote:hi... i want to know why am geting this kind of error... but i choose TMPGEnc encoder and not the CCE encoder is there a reason why am getting this error... is TMPGEnc is only for audio???

EAccessViolation Access violation at address 7C82544D in module 'kernel32.dll'. Read of address 00000000

Open up Dvd2Svcd. On your "Encoder" tab, make sure that you click the "TmpgEnc" button if you are using TmpgEnc. You can use QuEnc, TmpgEnc, or CCE for video.

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Oct 16th, '07, 13:48

hey mr. vampire :)
thx a lot for this!! it'll certainly help

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Oct 16th, '07, 14:09

Thanks, Rasckita.

If you have an MPG file, then it is already an MPV and MP2. The MPV and MP2 are inside of the MPG. So basically you want to take the MPV and resize it for standard DVD and add the borders. I'm sure it can be done. I'm just not sure which program is the best to do it. You may be able to do it using TmpgEnc. Virtual Dub Mod also might be able to do it.

If you want to make a DVD with the sizes that you said, you will have to load them each individually. You have 4430 for the whole DVD. Use less if you have advanced menus. Your first AVI is 1 GB, the 2nd is 0.1 GB. So the percentage of the first AVI is 1/1.1 = 91%. Multiple this by 4430 to get 4031. 4430 - 4031 = 399 for the second.

So, load your first AVI and where it says episode size, change it to 4031. Hit "go" and wait until it is finished. Close the program down and load the second one. Change the episode size to 399. Hit go and wait until it is finished and close the program. You now have your MPVs to burn. If you want to make a project for DvdAuthorGui, load both the avis and create the project file from the menu.
Thanks!!!
I'll try that. I have TmpgEnc. Should I demux the mpv and mp2 and then load the mpv on tmpgEnc to resize or should I just load and resize the mpg?

iyakkano

Post by iyakkano » Oct 17th, '07, 04:12

kyuuketsuki wrote:
iyakkano wrote:hi... i want to know why am geting this kind of error... but i choose TMPGEnc encoder and not the CCE encoder is there a reason why am getting this error... is TMPGEnc is only for audio???

Open up Dvd2Svcd. On your "Encoder" tab, make sure that you click the "TmpgEnc" button if you are using TmpgEnc. You can use QuEnc, TmpgEnc, or CCE for video.
Thanks a lot sir!!!
I hope i can do this right...:D

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Oct 17th, '07, 13:51

Rasckita wrote: Thanks!!!
I'll try that. I have TmpgEnc. Should I demux the mpv and mp2 and then load the mpv on tmpgEnc to resize or should I just load and resize the mpg?
It should work fine either way, so to keep it simple, I'd just use the MPG file. Try using the wizard to create a DVD and add your MPG as input. There is a button about adding borders and resizing. You can look at the video and add the amount of border that you need. Make sure to shrink the video before adding borders or you will be cutting off the subs. I believe there are 4 buttons for borders/resizing that will enable you to do what you need.

[mJ9]

Post by [mJ9] » Nov 19th, '07, 15:48

please,i need help,the picture showing how to convert from avi to dvd in which it shows the functions to the encoder is deleted.please,i tried doing it myself but it says that there is no 'Cinema craft encoder',so what should i choose?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 19th, '07, 17:38

[mJ9] wrote:please,i need help,the picture showing how to convert from avi to dvd in which it shows the functions to the encoder is deleted.please,i tried doing it myself but it says that there is no 'Cinema craft encoder',so what should i choose?
Open Dvd2Svcd
Click on the "Encoder" tab
Select "QuEnc" as your encoder

[mJ9]

Post by [mJ9] » Nov 20th, '07, 09:23

thanks but i've done it but i still get the message error 'cinema code encoder does not exist' and another 'violation of module...'.how to save the options in Dvd2svcd?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Nov 21st, '07, 15:24

[mJ9] wrote:thanks but i've done it but i still get the message error 'cinema code encoder does not exist' and another 'violation of module...'.how to save the options in Dvd2svcd?
The options should be saved automatically when you close the program.
There are a few things we can try. Let's try this first.
Open Dvd2Svcd. On the "Misc" tab make sure that the input is "AVI" and the output is "DVD".
Next, go to your Encoder page and click the button for "QuEnc".
Close Dvd2Svcd and open it up again to the encoder tab. QuEnc should be selected as your encoder.

Try running SimpleAvis2Dvd again. If Dvd2Svcd still gives an error about Cinemecraft encoder, reinstall dvd2svcd and set the encoder again. If it still doesn't work, email me your log file.

[mJ9]

Post by [mJ9] » Nov 26th, '07, 14:07

thank you very much for your help,now it works,too bad it takes too long to convert.

KiwiHoshi

Post by KiwiHoshi » Feb 16th, '08, 19:10

Hi again,

I wasn't able to get the VCD to work in my DVD player...so maybe, it doesn't support it. Otherwise, I messed it up. ANYWAYS, I'm planning on trying to get a DVD burner...so, I deleted all of the programs I downloaded for creating a VCD that weren't mentioned/needed for creating a DVD. Then, I downloaded all of the Required, After, and...I tried to get the Recommended. However, I can't find the XVID codec in the link you gave. Is there somewhere else that I can get it? If I already have DIVX player, is it necessary for me to get the XVID codec and DIVX codec?

Thanks!!! :D

TomiK

Post by TomiK » Feb 16th, '08, 19:35

KiwiHoshi -
If you have a Divx player you should be able to simply burn a DVD with the AVI files as "data" files - no need for any re-encoding. The Divx player should be able to read the AVI files directly. There will not be any fancy menus - but usually very functional and a lot easier and faster than an encode process. For subtitles, just include the SRT files (making sure the name matches the AVI file) along with the AVI's. You don't get a lot of options this way but the viewing is quite satisfactory.

Good luck!

bakaonna

Post by bakaonna » Mar 28th, '08, 22:59

Does this work for H264 compressed avi files?

EDIT: And another thing. For some reason only the first 10 minutes or so transcode before it starts encoding.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 31st, '08, 01:40

bakaonna wrote:Does this work for H264 compressed avi files?

EDIT: And another thing. For some reason only the first 10 minutes or so transcode before it starts encoding.
It works for H264 avis, but you need the H264 codec installed.

Not sure what you mean by only the first 10 minutes transcode. It shouldconvert your audio first, then your video. If there is a problem with your audio, you may have to convert the audio in your AVI. Check the FAQ on how to do this.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 31st, '08, 21:28

Q: I don't hear any audio, it is out of sync with my video, SimpleAvis2Dvd tells me there was an audio error, my MP2 file is 0 kb, or BeSweet crashes when I encode. How do I fix this?
A: Almost all audio problems can be fixed by converting your AVI with VirtualDub using "Video / Direct Stream Copy", "Audio / Full Processing" - Audio / Conversion / 44100Hz 16bit Stereo, "File / Save As AVI". It's also possible you may not have the audio codec (see video codec question) or you have not put VobInput.dll in the BeSweet directory.
kyuuketsuki,
I'm not sure if I asked you this already, but is there a way to encode avi files with 48000Hz stereo audio to dvd (using your tutorial) without having to encode every single avi to 44100Hz Stereo?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Mar 31st, '08, 22:44

Rasckita wrote:
Q: I don't hear any audio, it is out of sync with my video, SimpleAvis2Dvd tells me there was an audio error, my MP2 file is 0 kb, or BeSweet crashes when I encode. How do I fix this?
A: Almost all audio problems can be fixed by converting your AVI with VirtualDub using "Video / Direct Stream Copy", "Audio / Full Processing" - Audio / Conversion / 44100Hz 16bit Stereo, "File / Save As AVI". It's also possible you may not have the audio codec (see video codec question) or you have not put VobInput.dll in the BeSweet directory.
kyuuketsuki,
I'm not sure if I asked you this already, but is there a way to encode avi files with 48000Hz stereo audio to dvd (using your tutorial) without having to encode every single avi to 44100Hz Stereo?
I'm not sure I understand the question. You only have to use Virtual Dub if there is a problem. Almost all the files will convert fine automatically. Or are you saying that you want to use the 48 kHz stereo instead of 44 kHz?

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Mar 31st, '08, 22:55

I mean...
Everytime I try to convert AVIs that have 48000Hz stereo audio to mpv and mp2 using SimpleAvis2Dvd it tells me there was an audio error and the MP2 file is 0 kb.

So everytime I want to convert these type of AVI to MPV and MP2 using your tutorial, I'm having to re-encode the AVIs with 44100Hz Stereo and then, after I do that, I load the re-enconded AVIs on SimpleAvis2Dvd to convert them to MPV and MP2.

So I'd like to know if there's a way (with your tutorial) to convert AVIs that have 48000Hz stereo audio to mpv and mp2 without having to first re-encode them to AVIs with 44100Hz Stereo.

Thanks in advance!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 3rd, '08, 14:07

Rasckita wrote:I mean...
Everytime I try to convert AVIs that have 48000Hz stereo audio to mpv and mp2 using SimpleAvis2Dvd it tells me there was an audio error and the MP2 file is 0 kb.

So everytime I want to convert these type of AVI to MPV and MP2 using your tutorial, I'm having to re-encode the AVIs with 44100Hz Stereo and then, after I do that, I load the re-enconded AVIs on SimpleAvis2Dvd to convert them to MPV and MP2.

So I'd like to know if there's a way (with your tutorial) to convert AVIs that have 48000Hz stereo audio to mpv and mp2 without having to first re-encode them to AVIs with 44100Hz Stereo.

Thanks in advance!
Some AVIs are recorded in a non standard way. BeSweet does a great job if everything is recorded properly, but not so good for others. It really should work with 48kHz, so I wonder if something else is the problem. If you find a series that does not work with BeSweet, there is no way that I know of to fix the audio without converting. You might be able to find a tool at www.videohelp.com that will convert all the audio for bunch of avis in one step. I believe there is a GUI for BeSweet that will do this, but I have not used it in a long time. SimpleAvis2Dvd will convert all the audio of all the avis to MP2 in one step by using the audio menu if they are the correct format.

I don't know if I have any 48kHz audio AVIs. If you want to email me a clip or the name of the one you are having trouble with, I could take a look at it.

blu3-bangag

Error cant seem to fix it...

Post by blu3-bangag » Apr 6th, '08, 02:03

I dont have problems doing the instruction before and my only problem is my slow computer. Now I have a waaaay better computer I download the programs again but now I'm having this problem. Plsss help me!
here's the log:

--
File D:\The Legend Burn\TheLegend01.mp2 size 109991616
Creating TheLegend01.mpv
ERROR : Invalid File D:\The Legend Burn\TheLegend01.mpv
ERROR : FileSize is 0
Renaming MPV, MPG

--
error alert like:

Avisynth open failure:
AviSource: Could not decompress frame 0
(D:\The Legend Burn\AviSynth_Script_file.avs, line 2)

--

Bad Parameter

--

Avisynth open failure:

--

kyuuketsuki

Re: Error cant seem to fix it...

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 6th, '08, 13:25

blu3-bangag wrote:I dont have problems doing the instruction before and my only problem is my slow computer. Now I have a waaaay better computer I download the programs again but now I'm having this problem. Plsss help me!
here's the log:

--
Creating TheLegend01.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG

--
error alert like:

Avisynth open failure:

--

Bad Parameter

--

Avisynth open failure:

--
The conversion program works nicely with the latest computers. Many new computers these days are dual processors and the program will take advantage of that.

My guess is that you don't have the video codec. If you load the AVI into SimpleAvis2Dvd, on the upper right corner it will show you the Video and Audio codecs that you need. It should say XVID or DIVX or something like that.

blu3-bangag

Post by blu3-bangag » Apr 10th, '08, 03:22

kyuuketsuki wrote:
blu3-bangag wrote:I dont have problems doing the instruction before and my only problem is my slow computer. Now I have a waaaay better computer I download the programs again but now I'm having this problem. Plsss help me!
here's the log:

--
Creating TheLegend01.mpv
Renaming MPV, MPG

--
error alert like:

Avisynth open failure:

--

Bad Parameter

--

Avisynth open failure:

--
The conversion program works nicely with the latest computers. Many new computers these days are dual processors and the program will take advantage of that.

My guess is that you don't have the video codec. If you load the AVI into SimpleAvis2Dvd, on the upper right corner it will show you the Video and Audio codecs that you need. It should say XVID or DIVX or something like that.
I download XVID and DIVX but I'm still having the same error. Also When I try to convert from DVD2DVCH and click for the video preview I also get the

error. Pls Help me. And also if I may add. In your preview image with the sweet avi
it say's Video div3, Audio Mp3 but mine is video H264, audio Ac3. Thus it have anything to do?

PLS HELP ME, my hd are starting to clog.

blu3-bangag

Post by blu3-bangag » Apr 10th, '08, 03:46

It seems like It cant make a mpv files. Also when I try to use quenc to direct encode the vid I got an error:
ACM Failed to suggest compatible PCM format

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Apr 10th, '08, 17:56

blu3-bangag wrote: error. Pls Help me. And also if I may add. In your preview image with the sweet avi
it say's Video div3, Audio Mp3 but mine is video H264, audio Ac3. Thus it have anything to do?

PLS HELP ME, my hd are starting to clog.
DIV3 is the divx3 codec. It is an old format not supported by the latest version of DIVX. You will need to install a new codec for that format.

I have not tried this codec, but you can get a version of it here.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DivX_3.11

Z3rox

Post by Z3rox » Apr 28th, '08, 01:17

How many episodes do you recommend burning on one disc? The ones I have are around 450 mbs in avi form they uncompress to 1.97 gbs if I uncompress with an episode size of 4.37 gbs. I am not exactly sure how the rest would uncompress if I convert 4 episodes at a time.