[Tutorial] How to Convert AVI to Standard DVD for TV

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '06, 03:03

Me again! :salut:

This may sound like a dumb question, but how are you supposed to fit 3 to 4 episodes worth of a drama on 1 DVD-R when the MPV file that you end up with is like 3 Gig? :scratch:

Whenever I encode my avi file, it ends up being around 3 Gig and unless the DVD authoring software does so crazy-super-wonderful ish to get 4 3 Gig MPV's onto your DVD - I'm stumped!!!

I'll also add that I'll be using Adobe Encore to author my DVD as I'm already familiar with it.

AND...I'm still having this silly problem with audio and video playback - it plays back slow....

:-(
Last edited by JC on May 16th, '06, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » May 16th, '06, 03:28

JC-san,
It really depends on your MPEG2 bitrate. One thing I like about TMPEGEnc Xpress is that you can dump all
the clips you want to fit into 1 DVD-R and then adjust the bitrate (video/audio) to fit onto 1 DVD-R.
I may have used CCE before, but I don't remember any of it.. so I can't help you with CCE.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 16th, '06, 04:38

JC wrote:Me again! :salut:

This may sound like a dumb question, but how are you supposed to fit 3 to 4 episodes worth of a drama on 1 DVD-R when the MPV file that you end up with is like 3 Gig? :scratch:

Whenever I encode my avi file, it ends up being around 3 Gig and unless the DVD authoring software does so crazy-super-wonderful ish to get 4 3 Gig MPV's onto your DVD - I'm stumped!!!

I'll also add that I'll be using Adobe Encore to author my DVD as I'm already familiar with it.

AND...I'm still having this silly problem with audio and video playback - it plays back slow...

:-(
I have not tried any PAL conversions, but it obviously should work because it is an option. What is the fps of the AVI that you are converting? Also, the MPV should be the same as you have put into your bitrate tab.

If you post or email me your dvd2svcd log file, I will take a look at it.

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '06, 14:03

Hey kyuuketsuki, thanks for the reply! It's so annoying! 'Cos I've encoded my video SO many times and it playbacks slow. I gotta shoot off in a minute, so I'll set my video to encode and not convert it to PAL (so it should be done by the time I get back home) and see if it still plays back slow. If it does, then I know it's somethin' else...

I put the logs in spoiler boxes so they don't take up a page worth of space!
VIDEO INFO:
- Encoder: Cinema Craft Encoder 2.70.2.4
- Encoding mode: Multipass VBR
- Passes: 4
- Max. bitrate: 5000
- Avg. bitrate: 3500
- Min. bitrate: 2000
- Bias: 20
- Image Quality Prio: 17
- Antinoise filter: Yes, 2
- Linear quant. scale: Yes
- Zigzag scan order: Yes
- Upper field first: No
- Progressive frames: Yes
- iDCT Algorithm:
- Deinterlace: None
- Pulldown: No
- Width: 720
- Height: 576
- Matrix:

AVISYNTH SCRIPT:
LoadPlugin("C:\...")
AVISource("C:\...")
ConvertToYUY2()
AssumeFPS(25,1,True)
LanczosResize(720,576)
Import("C:\...")
ResampleAudio(44100)

AUDIO INFO:
- Audiostreams:
- Audio 1 Language: Unspecified
- Audio 1 Bitrate: 224
- Audio 1 Sample freq: 48000
- Audio 1 Mode: Stereo
- Audio 1 Besweet: "C:\" -core( -input "C:\" -output "C:\" -logfile "C:\" ) -ota( -g max -r 29970 25000 ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 224 -m s )

SUBTITLE INFO:
- Subtitlestreams: 0
- Type:
- Sub. 1 Language:
- Sub. 2 Language:
- Sub. 3 Language:
- Sub. 4 Language:

AUTHORING INFO:
- CD Image program:
Last edited by JC on May 17th, '06, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

ZenMystic

Post by ZenMystic » May 16th, '06, 15:32

JC wrote:This may sound like a dumb question, but how are you supposed to fit 3 to 4 episodes worth of a drama on 1 DVD-R when the MPV file that you end up with is like 3 Gig?
Hi JC, groink gave you the answer earlier, you have to lower the bit rate, and/or resolution. In other words, the more you want on the disc, the lower the quality.
JC wrote:AND...I'm still having this silly problem with audio and video playback - it plays back slow....
Try Intervideo WinDVD Creator, it's a nice easy program to begin with.

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '06, 21:10

It's just that in the guide on the 1st page of this post, the birate settings given in the screen-grap - I assumed were the ones to put in if you wanted 3 to 4 episodes on a disc! Oh well, I'm gonna have to lower the HELL outta these encodes. :lol

I just encoded a video in NTSC and it plays back at normal speed. :scratch: So it's definitely suttin' going wrong with the PAL settings or perhaps the frames. I thought PAL ran at 25 frames per seconds. I'm gonna try and set the fps to 23.976 and see if this helps...

:glare:

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 17th, '06, 00:46

Your settings are fine. You actually have 2 problems. The first is the 3 GB file. I will add this to the FAQ because it seems lots of people are running into this problem.

DVD2SVCD (or other all in one programs) will not work with any versions of CCE past 2.5 or any trial versions. When CCE is invoked from DVD2SVCD, it needs an ECL file. For the trial versions of 2.66-2.67, there is a utility that will load the ECL file. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=46664&page=15. It doesn't seem to work for CCE 2.7 though. So you might want to switch to TmpgEnc, search for a different version of CCE, or try QuEnc.

If you are doing conversion tests, you definitely want to create a test AVI of a minute or so. Check the FAQ on how to do it. VIrtual Dub is a free program.
PAL is 25 fps. I was going to try some experiments myself but was wondering about the fps of the AVI you are converting? You can check it with gspot. If you let me know, I will find an AVI and see what I get if I do a PAL conversion. I'm guessing it has to do some sort of pulldown or inverse telecine.

JC

Post by JC » May 17th, '06, 02:37

What the hell?!?

I encode an episode of Remote to PAL standards, it plays back fine!

I encode an episode of Nobuta wo produce to PAL standard, it plays back slow!

This is just great. If somebody else can be asked, can you try an encode an episode of Nobuta wo produce to PAL standards and lemme know if it plays back slow with you. I know it's a lengthy and computer-resource-eating-process - but if anyone's willing to stick it - it's appreciated! :lol

By the way kyuuketsuki, Nobuta wo produce is 29.97 frames per second.

As for the CCE issue, that link in the forum is now dead! :unsure: I tried that TMPGEnc, but it takes SO frickin' LONG!!! CCE is a hell of alot faster in my opinion.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 18th, '06, 03:55

JC wrote:What the hell?!?

I encode an episode of Remote to PAL standards, it plays back fine!

I encode an episode of Nobuta wo produce to PAL standard, it plays back slow!

This is just great. If somebody else can be asked, can you try an encode an episode of Nobuta wo produce to PAL standards and lemme know if it plays back slow with you. I know it's a lengthy and computer-resource-eating-process - but if anyone's willing to stick it - it's appreciated! :lol

By the way kyuuketsuki, Nobuta wo produce is 29.97 frames per second.

As for the CCE issue, that link in the forum is now dead! :unsure: I tried that TMPGEnc, but it takes SO frickin' LONG!!! CCE is a hell of alot faster in my opinion.
The link is not on the first page. It is on the page that I linked to about 3/4 of the way down. Anyway, I downloaded the tool and it does not work for CCE 2.7. I also downloaded CCE 2.7 trial and this definitely does not work. I'm pretty sure this is why your files are 3 GB. I can see that CCE is doing CBR when it should be doing VBR. I also noticed in your log file that the CCE max speed was 0.000. I had the same thing when I used CCE 2.7. It obviously should be greater than 0.

As far as converting to PAL, I tried it and the video came out perfect. The audio was slow just like you said. I checked the tutorials at videohelp.com http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?how ... =4;41#4;41
I don't see any conversions from 29.97 to 25 fps. The problem is that it is a big change to go from 30 fps to 25 and any time the framerate for the video changes it means the audio has to be adjusted to match. I also checked at doom9.org and they mentioned that conversion from 29.97 to 25 fps "comes out pretty bad" but 23.97 to 25 works ok. There are several other threads there that talk about it if you do a search. A lot of the places that I read mentioned that most PAL DVD players will play NTSC dvds fine, so if you have one of these, no conversion would need to be done.

Sorry these are probably not the answers you were hoping for.

JC

Post by JC » May 18th, '06, 14:04

I have CCE 2.5 now :P and the birate adjusts, so it's cool now. (But I am noticing a loss in quality. :-( - the price you have to pay!) But one thing is...that the CCE version I used before encoded a HELL of alot quicker than 5. The old version of CCE I was using would encode an episode of a J-Drama in around an hour.

I think the converting to PAL issue is something to do with the Nobuta wo produce files specifically. Because I've encoded a couple of other AVI files into PAL and they don't run slow at all. Where-as when I encode Nobuta wo produce everything comes out slow.

I may just encode it into NTSC like you said. I'll have to ask my friend if her DVD can play NTSC reigon discs.

Cheers again for ya help kyuuketsuki - I really appreciate it!!!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 19th, '06, 03:28

JC wrote:I have CCE 2.5 now :P and the birate adjusts, so it's cool now. (But I am noticing a loss in quality. :-( - the price you have to pay!) But one thing is...that the CCE version I used before encoded a HELL of alot quicker than 5. The old version of CCE I was using would encode an episode of a J-Drama in around an hour.

I think the converting to PAL issue is something to do with the Nobuta wo produce files specifically. Because I've encoded a couple of other AVI files into PAL and they don't run slow at all. Where-as when I encode Nobuta wo produce everything comes out slow.

I may just encode it into NTSC like you said. I'll have to ask my friend if her DVD can play NTSC reigon discs.

Cheers again for ya help kyuuketsuki - I really appreciate it!!!
CCE 2.5 is supposed to be just as good or better than the later versions. You are noticing a loss in quality and increase in time because you are doing VBR with a file size 3 times smaller than you used to. CBR will only do 1 pass so it is going to be much faster. You want VBR though because for the smaller files, it will be way better than CBR. If you really want the best quality, then use 4 pass VBR with about 3 hours per DVD.

My guess is that the other PAL files you've converted were 23.97 fps and not 29.97 fps. You've probably already figured this out, but for PAL you will want to click on the PAL checkbox in FitCD for your destination.

Glad things are working out.

JC

Post by JC » May 19th, '06, 16:26

No matter what happens, when I encode in PAL, it plays back slow. :-(

Also, checking the PAL box in FitCD doesn't make a difference, it's only when I check NTSC to PAL in Dvd2svcd that it encodes in PAL. What is the point of FitCD? There's nothing I can see in the log that uses any of the FitCD avisynth script. Am I missing something? :scratch:

Either way, I'm just gonna code in NTSC and just hope my friends' DVD player can play it. I'm probably gonna do an overnighter when it comes to the VBR 4-pass, because the quality is much better than a 1pass CBR.

Also, if I e-mail you, can you send me that program you wrote that automates the batch processing process? :D

Are you a programmer at all? I hate script, it gives me headache! *lol* Hate it all! I'm not even gonna attempt the little tutorial you drafted up (as clear and concise as it is!) because I know I'll f*** it up! :D

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » May 19th, '06, 16:38

kyuuketsuki wrote:CCE 2.5 is supposed to be just as good or better than the later versions. You are noticing a loss in quality and increase in time because you are doing VBR with a file size 3 times smaller than you used to. CBR will only do 1 pass so it is going to be much faster. You want VBR though because for the smaller files, it will be way better than CBR. If you really want the best quality, then use 4 pass VBR with about 3 hours per DVD.
Just wondering, what is 4-pass mode? In general, 2-pass mode is where an initial pass is made to collect data which is then used to optimally distribute the video bits during the second (encoding) pass. In the "old days" there was something called 3-pass mode, but I think that was just a seperate pass for re-encoding audio. So, what is 4-pass mode?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 20th, '06, 03:03

No matter what happens, when I encode in PAL, it plays back slow.

Also, checking the PAL box in FitCD doesn't make a difference, it's only when I check NTSC to PAL in Dvd2svcd that it encodes in PAL. What is the point of FitCD? There's nothing I can see in the log that uses any of the FitCD avisynth script. Am I missing something?

Either way, I'm just gonna code in NTSC and just hope my friends' DVD player can play it. I'm probably gonna do an overnighter when it comes to the VBR 4-pass, because the quality is much better than a 1pass CBR.

Also, if I e-mail you, can you send me that program you wrote that automates the batch processing process?

Are you a programmer at all? I hate script, it gives me headache! *lol* Hate it all! I'm not even gonna attempt the little tutorial you drafted up (as clear and concise as it is!) because I know I'll f*** it up!
I am surprised anything is working for you at all if you are not using FitCD. FitCD sets your video dimensions and adds borders so you don't have an overscan problem. NTSC has a height of 480 while PAL is 576. If you click on the PAL button you can see that the parameters are different. You really should be doing a preview with the GO button in dvd2svcd before you start. Unless you are putting in the correct parameters from FitCD, your picture will be cut off somehow. You should put your resize and border parameters from FitCD into the frameserver tab.

I just updated the batch program with auto shutdown so I can send that to you if you email me. Yeah I've been programming video/image/audio stuff for about 15 years. Mostly 3D graphics and image quality. Yeah I am old.
Just wondering, what is 4-pass mode? In general, 2-pass mode is where an initial pass is made to collect data which is then used to optimally distribute the video bits during the second (encoding) pass. In the "old days" there was something called 3-pass mode, but I think that was just a seperate pass for re-encoding audio. So, what is 4-pass mode?
Here's a quote from the CCE manual
Multipass VBR
Executes encoding processing by multiple passes, specifying minimum, maximum and average bitrates. At least two passes are necessary. For the first pass, CBR or One-pass VBR is executed to check the complexity of the images. In this pass, a file, where the complexity of images are described for each frame, is created. For the second or later passes, bit allocation is planned for each frame based on this information on complexity and actual encoding is executed accordingly. Cinema Craft Encoder supports three or more passes, while a general encoder supports only two passes. Image quality improves as the number of passes increase.
4 pass VBR is all done on the video. First pass is just like you said analysis to use higher bitrate where there is more motion etc. The video is then encoded using this info and the process is repeated using the new video. Most people say that anything past 4 passes doesn't give you any benefit at all. Some people use 3 pass and some use 5 pass. I've done tests and 4 seems to give the best results. It's hard for most people to notice the difference between 3 and 4, and definitely between 4 and 5 but there are actually mathematical tests you can perform on the video to show if the image has improved.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » May 20th, '06, 16:34

Ah, I think I get it... I am pretty much happy with the results of 2-pass (huge improvement over single pass). I see much bigger changes in gamma and color saturation after encoding than in signal-to-noise-ratio, so for me a little color tweaking is more important than trying to maximise PSNR. Light denoising also generally gives an enormous boost to efficiency of bit usage even though it reduces average PSNR.

ZenMystic

Post by ZenMystic » May 20th, '06, 19:04

pokute wrote:Ah, I think I get it... I am pretty much happy with the results of 2-pass (huge improvement over single pass). I see much bigger changes in gamma and color saturation after encoding than in signal-to-noise-ratio, so for me a little color tweaking is more important than trying to maximise PSNR. Light denoising also generally gives an enormous boost to efficiency of bit usage even though it reduces average PSNR.
That's EXACTLY what I was going to say!
:)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 21st, '06, 14:41

pokute wrote:Ah, I think I get it... I am pretty much happy with the results of 2-pass (huge improvement over single pass). I see much bigger changes in gamma and color saturation after encoding than in signal-to-noise-ratio, so for me a little color tweaking is more important than trying to maximise PSNR. Light denoising also generally gives an enormous boost to efficiency of bit usage even though it reduces average PSNR.
It is interesting that you bring up that point. I'm sure you know most of this, but although we can quantitatively measure changes in color and light, many times I think the benefits are subjective. My eyes are sensitive to light so I prefer a sharpen filter with a darker image although I will just turn down the brightness on my TV to make it darker. Similarly, it is debatable whether a sharp or smooth filter is better. Also a sharpening filter usually adds noise but the image will "look" better to a lot of people. I think the ultimate goal is to have an image that "looks good" with no noise which is why PSNR is a good way to start measuring quality, but as you stated there are other factors and a person's eyes are probably the best way to determine quality.

Speaking of PSNR, here's a neat little tool that will measure it. http://www.compression.ru/video/quality ... ol_en.html. Only problem is you have to tweak it to run MPG files and there is no linux version :). There has to be a linux version somewhere though. There is a standard formula for PSNR and it is relatively easy to program.

Not sure which programs you are using, but I'm wondering if you've had any success changing the quantize matrix or GOP structure? I've done many experiments, but always end up using the default because the results vary too much between videos. One thing I found that does work for me is that I will only use an anti noise filter if the source is bad.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » May 21st, '06, 18:00

I use mencoder and transcode, and both of those make use of lavc from ffmpeg. There is an interesting denoiser in lavc called simply "nr", and it can be used without distinction on noisy and clean source, because it somehow (I haven't bothered to read the code) only actually does anything if there is actually stochastic noise. So, for example I used nr=1000 on dvd's A and B, where A was a pristine recent film, and where B was a dvd "restoration" of a VCD. The result was a 2400 kbps stream from A and a 900 kbps stream from B. Without using the "nr" denoiser the B stream was 1800 kbps. Viewing the rips side by side with the originals showed very slight softening of the HQ file, the LQ file was indistinguishable from the original.

I have never been able to use sharpening successfully.

I have tried some alternate quantizer matrices but found no detectable improvement over the lavc default. I use trell, "best" mbd, and v4mv on everything. I never use b-frames.

I have about three years experience with this, and find that that is just sufficient to be able to make good guesses about how to deal with most common artifacts. I feel sorry for people just getting into this and getting totally buried in the complexity of it. I am a software engineer working on the biggest signal processing task in the history of computing (LIGO), and I find video a challenge ;^)

jayph

Post by jayph » May 23rd, '06, 00:24

i have a question.. i recently convert another .avi but the audio got cut off the last 10 minutes.. how do i fix it?

cathycasi21

Post by cathycasi21 » May 24th, '06, 06:35

hey guys,
I get bad parameter=mpeg 2 when I'm try to do the conversion. I'm guessing that's not a good thing. But how do I fix it?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » May 24th, '06, 17:00

i have a question.. i recently convert another .avi but the audio got cut off the last 10 minutes.. how do i fix it?
If sound plays fine, then suddenly cuts out, this is most likely because you have a bad AVI. First play the AVI and make sure that there is sound in the AVI. If there isn't it is possible that there is no sound at all and there is nothing you can do. Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial. I give some recommendations on how to fix sound problems. The way that fixes most problems is to save your AVI using virtual dub by only reprocessing the sound and leave the video the same.
I get bad parameter=mpeg 2 when I'm try to do the conversion. I'm guessing that's not a good thing. But how do I fix it?
Did you upgrade to QuEnc 0.70? This is a recent version that is incompatible with dvd2svcd. The programmer is aware and promises to fix it in the next version. In the mean time you can use V0.61 at http://nic.dnsalias.com/QuEnc.html

FishyMan

Post by FishyMan » May 28th, '06, 07:22

i will pay up to 5-10 total for each series if someone can help me with this

my computers of 300 mhz is just too slow. and i can't afford a dvd burner.

pleae let me know

* i have a question. my friend tried doing this, but wheni plyaed it on my dvd it plays but after ever few min it pauses and stutters?. and freezes. i can't continue it unless i press pause and play again,

any ideas? is it the player? or the disc? or th format?

ZenMystic

Post by ZenMystic » May 28th, '06, 14:02

FishyMan wrote: i have a question. my friend tried doing this, but wheni plyaed it on my dvd it plays but after ever few min it pauses and stutters?. and freezes. i can't continue it unless i press pause and play again, any ideas? is it the player? or the disc? or th format?
Assuming other discs play OK, it's most likely not the player. Use nero to scan the disc, if you get dips in the graph, that's the cause of the problem, a bad burn, usually due to cheap discs.

Nero CD-DVD Speed is the name of the program that scans discs

sofia

Post by sofia » Jun 20th, '06, 16:29

Hi...
I have a question.
It's my first time using dvd2svcd, I've tried to follow the instruction but no images appear only the audio sound. How do I make the images appears?

problemrazor

Post by problemrazor » Jun 21st, '06, 07:15

Hi, everything for converting the .avi file to .mpg worked except that in the end I didn't get a .mpg. I got a QuEnc error saying: bad parameter=mpeg2. What does this mean? What is wrong?

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Jun 21st, '06, 17:52

I keep getting this error after it extracts the audio:
I/O error 998 Invalid access to memory location

Can you tell me what it is and how do I fix it?
Thank you.

zeppo

HELP! HOW TO BURN DVD FROM DOWNLOADED VIDEO FILES?

Post by zeppo » Jun 22nd, '06, 17:45

Hello,

I'm new at this, so please bear with me. Can someone help or guide me on how to record the downloaded series to burn into DVD version. So, it can be watch in the standard DVD player. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jun 23rd, '06, 15:51

Hi...
I have a question.
It's my first time using dvd2svcd, I've tried to follow the instruction but no images appear only the audio sound. How do I make the images appears?
You probably do not have the codec. Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial.
Hi, everything for converting the .avi file to .mpg worked except that in the end I didn't get a .mpg. I got a QuEnc error saying: bad parameter=mpeg2. What does this mean? What is wrong?
You need to use version 0.61 of QuEnc. http://nic.dnsalias.com/QuEnc.html
I keep getting this error after it extracts the audio:
I/O error 998 Invalid access to memory location

Can you tell me what it is and how do I fix it?
Thank you.
Probably something with your encoder. Email me your log file and I will take a look at it.
Hello, I'm new at this, so please bear with me. Can someone help or guide me on how to record the downloaded series to burn into DVD version. So, it can be watch in the standard DVD player. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Follow the steps in the tutorial. If you get stuck and have a specific question, then post or email.

kht2015

Post by kht2015 » Jul 11th, '06, 23:54

Hello Kyuuketsuki,
I get an error when I try to preview the video in Dvd2svcd. This is the error I get:
AVISource: Could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)

Can you help me, please?
I really appreciate your help, all these times. Thanks.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 12th, '06, 01:29

kht2015 wrote:Hello Kyuuketsuki,
I get an error when I try to preview the video in Dvd2svcd. This is the error I get:
AVISource: Could not decompress frame 0
C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\TEMP\preview.avs, line 2)

Can you help me, please?
I really appreciate your help, all these times. Thanks.
Most likely either you don't have the codec or your frameserver parameters are incorrect. Play the AVI in Windows Media player and make sure you have properly loaded the AVI into FitCD and copied the parameters to the frameserve tab in DVD2SVCD.

roon3ynguyen

Post by roon3ynguyen » Jul 14th, '06, 09:45

hey i really need help plz help me

ok i have downloaded everything and i am stuck on the part where u have to load the avi

but when i load the av
it said the cineam craft encoder file doesnt exhist how do i find this or anything helpi

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 14th, '06, 13:33

roon3ynguyen wrote:hey i really need help plz help me

ok i have downloaded everything and i am stuck on the part where u have to load the avi

but when i load the av
it said the cineam craft encoder file doesnt exhist how do i find this or anything helpi
You need an encoder. You can use either Cinemacraft, TmpgEnc, or QuEnc. QuEnc is the only free encoder. On the "Encoder" tab in DVD2SVCD, you need to click on the button for the one you are using.

hana-yukino

Post by hana-yukino » Jul 25th, '06, 18:15

Help it dvd2vcd says that it can't locate a decompressor for fourcc div3 I can play on my pc so I don't really know what's going on. and I already downloaded kopleis divx codec thing from video help. Please help i have almost no memory left cause of this[/img]

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 25th, '06, 22:28

hana-yukino wrote:Help it dvd2vcd says that it can't locate a decompressor for fourcc div3 I can play on my pc so I don't really know what's going on. and I already downloaded kopleis divx codec thing from video help. Please help i have almost no memory left cause of this[/img]
DIV3 is the DIVX 3 codec.

You can get it here http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DivX_3.11 or do a search on google.

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Jul 27th, '06, 03:00

How do you make it so it fits in the screeen
so part of it doesn't get cut off like the eng subs (hard sub, ex: anime)

maybe i missed tha tpost if someone posted it already ^_^

bumena

Post by bumena » Jul 27th, '06, 08:06

Thanks for the great tuitorial ^__^

Well, I'm trying to create a DVD from an AVI file and I need to do softsubs coz' I have 2 subtitles. I've followed this tuitorial and everything to do with DVD2SVD is work fine for me. :D From here, I got the MPG file (1.82G).

My question is here:
I used DvdAuthorGui to create menu and add softsubs. I got 2 folders (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS) for the results but

- why my VIDEO_TS folder size is just 692MB - -" something's wrong?
- what I should do with menu since I have only one MPG file? Or i don't need to create a menu? I have no idea with this as well.

Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 28th, '06, 00:04

YouShan wrote:How do you make it so it fits in the screeen
so part of it doesn't get cut off like the eng subs (hard sub, ex: anime)

maybe i missed tha tpost if someone posted it already ^_^
You should put the paramters from FitCd into your frameserve file.

Also, check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Jul 28th, '06, 00:10

bumena wrote:Thanks for the great tuitorial ^__^

Well, I'm trying to create a DVD from an AVI file and I need to do softsubs coz' I have 2 subtitles. I've followed this tuitorial and everything to do with DVD2SVD is work fine for me. :D From here, I got the MPG file (1.82G).

My question is here:
I used DvdAuthorGui to create menu and add softsubs. I got 2 folders (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS) for the results but

- what I should do with menu since I have only one MPG file? Or i don't need to create a menu? I have no idea with this as well.

If you are only using 1 MPG per DVD, then you can make your MPG up to 4 GB.

Your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders should definitely be around the same size as your MPG so something went wrong. You could try loading the MPV and MP2 files instead of the MPG file.

Either way, I would check the log file generated from DvdAuthorGui. Also, check the MPG file and make sure you can play it.

You do not need a menu if you only have 1 title.

bumena

Post by bumena » Jul 28th, '06, 01:44

kyuuketsuki wrote:
bumena wrote:Thanks for the great tuitorial ^__^

My question is here:

If you are only using 1 MPG per DVD, then you can make your MPG up to 4 GB.

Your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders should definitely be around the same size as your MPG so something went wrong. You could try loading the MPV and MP2 files instead of the MPG file.

Either way, I would check the log file generated from DvdAuthorGui. Also, check the MPG file and make sure you can play it.

You do not need a menu if you only have 1 title.
Okay..Thanks a lot.. I'll try again ^___^

ladianey

Problem w/ QuEnc

Post by ladianey » Aug 3rd, '06, 19:20

Hi,
I am not sure what I have to do, but I'm at the step under the "Conversion" tab and when i click on the "AVI File" to add the file, it says QuEnc doesn't exist. I already downloaded it though. What do I need to do to make it exist? Thank you so much!!!!

kyuuketsuki

Re: Problem w/ QuEnc

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 4th, '06, 03:33

ladianey wrote:Hi,
I am not sure what I have to do, but I'm at the step under the "Conversion" tab and when i click on the "AVI File" to add the file, it says QuEnc doesn't exist. I already downloaded it though. What do I need to do to make it exist? Thank you so much!!!!
Open Dvd2Svcd
Click the "Encoder" tab
Click the QuEnc button
Click the folder button on the line where it says "QuEnc"
Point to the QuEnc.exe where you installed QuEnc

If you don't remember where you installed it, open WIndows Explorer and do a search for QuEnc.exe

ladianey

Thank you

Post by ladianey » Aug 5th, '06, 06:04

Thank you so much for your help. your advice worked (of course, b/c ur a comp genius. :thumleft: ) I am having some problems though. For some reason, 2/3 of the screen was perfect and the bottom was all hazy after the conversion. sigh. so even though i copied the dimensions i'm not sure what went wrong. Thanks for everything.

jello24

Post by jello24 » Aug 5th, '06, 10:55

hey mr. author thanks for the tutorial... it gave my dramas something better to do than rot in my hard drive... i apologize in advance if i sound too demanding...:lol now to my question...

after reading the replies you guys gave to who was it JC or something about high file sizes... i was wondering if you guys can give me a lowdown on how to work eclcce...

the conversion gives me a file 2 gigs big, and when youre trying to cram a dvd with 3 eps, that just doesnt add up. the faq told me to dl eclcce since i want to at least have good quality for the HD versions of my dled dramas...

the problem i get with eclcce is whenever it gets to the video encoding part, it comes up with
Executing Cinema Craft Encoder.
Cannot load CCE project file. Retry #1
Cannot load CCE project file. Retry #2
Cannot load CCE project file. Retry #3
Cannot load CCE project file. Retry #4
Error cannot load CCE project file. Giving up.
all the while the CCE encoder prog is asking me for various quality settings with nature, low pass and high pass filtering junk that wasnt there when i encoded for 2 gigs... :glare:

so can the pros help out on this one...? all i want is a dvd that looks sharp enough not to have major differences from the original file, and with 3 eps on it...

im about to use TmpegEnc but with its 2pass max setting (as it looks) im afraid the HD vid will look like it came out of VHS...

also with the reports of 7hrs encode times with QuEnc, i think i would be pulling hairs out of my head if that happens... encoding a vid for 30 mins with cce 2.70 is pushing it for me already...

i have cce v2.67 since acquiring v2.5 is not as easy for me... apparently the company website doesnt keep old versions of their progs... my "other" sources arent helpful either...

kyuuketsuki

Re: Thank you

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 5th, '06, 12:55

ladianey wrote:Thank you so much for your help. your advice worked (of course, b/c ur a comp genius. :thumleft: ) I am having some problems though. For some reason, 2/3 of the screen was perfect and the bottom was all hazy after the conversion. sigh. so even though i copied the dimensions i'm not sure what went wrong. Thanks for everything.
Hmmm. Even though you say that you copied the dimensions properly, this is usually the cause.

Recheck your steps and follow the tutorial carefully. You have to load the AVI into FitCD by clicking on the "Source" button. Then copy these into the frameserve tab.

Before you start the conversion, always hit the Go/Preview button. This will show you that you have the proper settings. If they are wrong, the bottom will be cut off or you will streaks.

If you are still having problems, then send me a screen shot of the problem along with the dvd2svcd log file and a screenshot of your FitCD.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 5th, '06, 13:15

jello24 wrote:hey mr. author thanks for the tutorial... it gave my dramas something better to do than rot in my hard drive... i apologize in advance if i sound too demanding...:lol now to my question...

after reading the replies you guys gave to who was it JC or something about high file sizes... i was wondering if you guys can give me a lowdown on how to work eclcce...

the conversion gives me a file 2 gigs big, and when youre trying to cram a dvd with 3 eps, that just doesnt add up. the faq told me to dl eclcce since i want to at least have good quality for the HD versions of my dled dramas...

the problem i get with eclcce is whenever it gets to the video encoding part, it comes up with
all the while the CCE encoder prog is asking me for various quality settings with nature, low pass and high pass filtering junk that wasnt there when i encoded for 2 gigs... :glare:

so can the pros help out on this one...? all i want is a dvd that looks sharp enough not to have major differences from the original file, and with 3 eps on it...

im about to use TmpegEnc but with its 2pass max setting (as it looks) im afraid the HD vid will look like it came out of VHS...

also with the reports of 7hrs encode times with QuEnc, i think i would be pulling hairs out of my head if that happens... encoding a vid for 30 mins with cce 2.70 is pushing it for me already...

i have cce v2.67 since acquiring v2.5 is not as easy for me... apparently the company website doesnt keep old versions of their progs... my "other" sources arent helpful either...
I don't know much about eclecc. You can probably check the forums over at doom9.org. However, if you have TmpgEnc, you don't need CCE.

More passes does not necessarily mean a better picture. In my opinion, the TmpgEnc algorithms are superior to CCE. It is debatable, but I also think TmpgEnc 2 pass VBR with the higest quality motion search precision looks better than CCE 4 pass VBR. The point is that CCE and TmpgEnc are both excellent and it would be very hard for the average person to tell the difference between the two. I actually use both CCE and TmpgEnc depending on what I want to do.

My recommendation is to use TmpgEnc on the highest quality setting. If the encoding takes too long, then try the high or normal quality setting.

ladianey

question..not about burning

Post by ladianey » Aug 13th, '06, 05:18

hey kyuuketsuki ( is that your real name?). :D

This isn't related to burning (well kinda) but I figured since u seem like u know so much :P that I should ask you. so, i downloaded the whole series of It Started With a kiss (1-20), all of the episodes worked on my windows media player, EXCEPT for one of them, episode 3. when i tried playing it on Real Player, ALL the episodes worked. so i tried to compare all of them (the files were rmvb files) and the only thing that i noticed was that episode 3 was 640 X 480 while the others were 512 X 384. So, what can i do to watch this thing on my windows media player (because the program that lets me convert my avi-->dvd won't open it either) Any advice??? Or even better, do you have ep 3 of ISWAK? hehe! :mrgreen: Thank you.

uun

Post by uun » Aug 13th, '06, 10:48

what codecs are on the computer? codec pack or what?
what version? is it wmp 19? media classic?
i'm probably missing something but it sure doesn't seem like enough info was given to original poster to post a solution?

kyuuketsuki

Re: question..not about burning

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 13th, '06, 23:20

ladianey wrote:hey kyuuketsuki ( is that your real name?). :D

This isn't related to burning (well kinda) but I figured since u seem like u know so much :P that I should ask you. so, i downloaded the whole series of It Started With a kiss (1-20), all of the episodes worked on my windows media player, EXCEPT for one of them, episode 3. when i tried playing it on Real Player, ALL the episodes worked. so i tried to compare all of them (the files were rmvb files) and the only thing that i noticed was that episode 3 was 640 X 480 while the others were 512 X 384. So, what can i do to watch this thing on my windows media player (because the program that lets me convert my avi-->dvd won't open it either) Any advice??? Or even better, do you have ep 3 of ISWAK? hehe! :mrgreen: Thank you.
I don't mind answering any questions.

Since the resolution is different for episode 3 there is a good possibility it couldhave a different encoder or file format than the other ones. Windows Media Player doesn't play RMVB files without a plugin. If only that RMVB file plays in Real Media Player but not in WMP, my guess is that it is an unsupported format for your plugin.

I'd recommend converting it to another format. If you can convert it to AVI, that would work best in WMP. But, keep in mind RM already has a poor quality and it will get worse after you do the conversion.

ladianey

Thanks for replying

Post by ladianey » Aug 14th, '06, 19:45

Ah hah, so I see what you are saying. Thanks for replying. :wub: What I ended up doing was just downloading another version of the episode and it worked beautifully. but, i coulda sworn i've downloaded a bunch of stuff on my comp that should have the codec or something. :P oh well, i am now very happy with my lil episode 3. thanks a bunch. :cheers: your da man!

abceasyasml

Post by abceasyasml » Aug 17th, '06, 21:22

okay. hello kyuuketsuki. =]

So I haven't tried downloading anything yet. I'm completely new to this, but I've read through your list of directions and they are pretty easy to follow. I'm actually trying to convert Full House into DVD so my parents could watch it. So you've been very helpful. Thanks!

However, I do have a few questions, if you have time to answer them. :-)

1. I looked up each of the programs you said we should download, and QuEnc V0.61 wasn't there. But just QuEnc was. Does that make a difference? Probably not? But i'm not 100% sure.

2. The batch process. if I were to use it, (and Since it's quicker i'm up for it), where does it fit in the steps?

3. Finally, does the batch process ruin the quality of the video?

If you have time, Answering these questions would be great! :w00t: Thanks so much! :thumleft:

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 18th, '06, 13:58

abceasyasml wrote:1. I looked up each of the programs you said we should download, and QuEnc V0.61 wasn't there. But just QuEnc was. Does that make a difference? Probably not? But i'm not 100% sure.
Actually it does make a difference. For some reason the latest version of QuEnc does not work with Dvd2Svcd. Dvd2Svcd probably will not be updated in the future so I don't know if this will ever be fixed. At the end of the tutorial I have a FAQ with a link to QuEnc 0.61.
abceasyasml wrote:2. The batch process. if I were to use it, (and Since it's quicker i'm up for it), where does it fit in the steps?

3. Finally, does the batch process ruin the quality of the video?
The batch process works like this:
1. You set up Dvd2Svcd with the correct parameters.
2. Load all AVIs for a series into batch program
3. Hit go, then come back next day and all AVIs are converted with your computer automatically turned off (optional).

The main reason I wrote it was because I used to run the conversion over night and then I'd wake up the next morning 1 episode would be done. It was a real hassle and would basically take me a week to do 1 DVD because I could only do 1 a night. Now I just load up all the AVIs for 1 DVD and I can burn them the next day. The batch process does not effect the quality at all.

I've had some requests for enhancements from people for the batch program, so I've added little bits here and there for improvements. One of these days I am going to add a DvdAuthorGui template to load the AVIs automatically into DvdAuthorGui so I don't have to set up the subtitles and chapters every time. I also think it would be nice if people could just download the program without emailing me and I could post updates so anyone could get them. The problem is that I don't have any web space. Doesn't seem to be a big deal though because lots of people email me for it.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 18th, '06, 14:40

I just found out that QuEnc 0.71 has been released which is supposed to fix the problem with dvd2svcd. I will test it and update the tutorial accordingly.

abceasyasml

Post by abceasyasml » Aug 18th, '06, 15:35

thanks! now.. lets see if I can do this.

I can't say thanks enough. DO you burn DVDs a lot?

abceasyasml

Post by abceasyasml » Aug 18th, '06, 16:59

hmm... another question. ssorry.

how do I get into the batch program?

you said:

The batch process works like this:
1. You set up Dvd2Svcd with the correct parameters.
2. Load all AVIs for a series into batch program
3. Hit go, then come back next day and all AVIs are converted with your computer automatically turned off (optional).

how do i load the AVIs for a series into a batch program? where is this batch program?

sorry, i don't mean to sound obnoxious!

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 18th, '06, 19:41

abceasyasml wrote:DO you burn DVDs a lot?
how do i load the AVIs for a series into a batch program? where is this batch program?
I do burn a lot of DVDs. I am totally addicted to kdramas and jdoramas.

The batch program is something that I programmed. You just point to the AVIs on your hard drive and hit the go button. You still need to set up all your parameters first in Dvd2svcd though.

Just email me with your email address and I will send it to you.

abceasyasml

Post by abceasyasml » Aug 18th, '06, 23:40

okay. I'll wait to e-mail you. I'm going to try to do just one first. and then get into something a bit more "advanced." I don't want to confuse myself. Thanks very much though! You'll hear from me very soon i'm sure.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 27th, '06, 02:09

hello , I have a little problem with this ''settingS',

I have Done a Succesful File ... but it's original size was 350 megs now became 2 gig......

How come?

I used bitrate as the same same as the tutorial.
MAX : 8000 , Min 2000 , min Avg 2000 , MAX AVG 7200 / CD SIZE 1478

I use CCE encode. the latest.
i beleive.

also when i am done converting it says successful but the Window of CCE (who is written encode/exit Crashes.... right after....(each time....Why?...) it doesn't affect the video but its frustating a bit.

Also.. i am wondering how can i batch encode like (many episode in 1 time..)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 27th, '06, 21:36

hayabusa_fmw wrote:hello , I have a little problem with this ''settingS',

I have Done a Succesful File ... but it's original size was 350 megs now became 2 gig......

How come?

I used bitrate as the same same as the tutorial.
MAX : 8000 , Min 2000 , min Avg 2000 , MAX AVG 7200 / CD SIZE 1478

I use CCE encode. the latest.
i beleive.

also when i am done converting it says successful but the Window of CCE (who is written encode/exit Crashes.... right after....(each time....Why?...) it doesn't affect the video but its frustating a bit.

Also.. i am wondering how can i batch encode like (many episode in 1 time..)
Check the FAQ at the end of the tutorial. It will explain your problems with CCE.

I emailed you the batch program.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 27th, '06, 22:21

Even with EclCCE correction . it doesn't make my Bitrate issue change

I still get 3gb or 1 gig per file....

Is it normal?.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 28th, '06, 01:59

hayabusa_fmw wrote:Even with EclCCE correction . it doesn't make my Bitrate issue change

I still get 3gb or 1 gig per file....

Is it normal?.
Your files size should be the same as you put in the bitrate tab. If you put in 1107, it should be 1107MB.

I think EclCCE is not compatible with all versions of CCE. I have not had a lot of success with it. You can check over at www.doom9.org for more information.

You might want to consider using a different encoder (TmpgEnc or QuEnc) if you are still having problems.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 28th, '06, 03:04

Yes i would use TMPGENC.......
but it gives me 6 hr to 10 hrs PER file................
this is insanity.........

1 hr for a 46 mins or 1:20 + is normal.... but 6 Hr for 1 file is too much considering i won't be able to Multi Encode them .... during the night...

I dunno what to do now.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 28th, '06, 03:57

hayabusa_fmw wrote:Yes i would use TMPGENC.......
but it gives me 6 hr to 10 hrs PER file................
this is insanity.........

1 hr for a 46 mins or 1:20 + is normal.... but 6 Hr for 1 file is too much considering i won't be able to Multi Encode them .... during the night...

I dunno what to do now.
You can try to use a faster speed with TmpgEnc. Change your motion search precision and don't use any filters.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 30th, '06, 17:39

thanks I have managed to get it

My last question is ... Tokyo Friends 01 i am trying to convert it , But it says resolution is too big cannot accept it................704x396

what can i do......................:S:S...

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 30th, '06, 22:50

hayabusa_fmw wrote:thanks I have managed to get it

My last question is ... Tokyo Friends 01 i am trying to convert it , But it says resolution is too big cannot accept it................704x396

what can i do......................:S:S...
I have not seen this error before. You should be able to resize to anything. I'm guessing your frameserve parameters are not correct. Can you post a screenshot of the error?

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 31st, '06, 06:04

Yes , I have managed to Get those for you

I took 3 ,
the main error ,
fit cd parameter + Inside DVD2SVCD
so you can check everything

I have set (DVD SUBS option so on the DVD i cna hit subtitle button?)
maybe it has to do with it?
i dont beleive..........

HEre they are

i am awaiting your Response
I have Set the bit rate CD size At 4430 / divided by 5 avi .. so (the other default)
[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1251 ... izefn2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4939 ... ed5zy4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4770/bitratedx6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7597 ... terip7.jpg[/img]

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 31st, '06, 15:03

hayabusa_fmw wrote:Yes , I have managed to Get those for you

I took 3 ,
the main error ,
fit cd parameter + Inside DVD2SVCD
so you can check everything

I have set (DVD SUBS option so on the DVD i cna hit subtitle button?)
maybe it has to do with it?
i dont beleive..........
Really strange. It looks like your size is correct, but it still says 768. Can you post or email me your dvd2svcd log file and your avisynth file?

Which version of CCE are you using?

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Aug 31st, '06, 15:49

CCE SP 2.67.00.27

I dunno if it's a good thing or Bad?...

let me know:)

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 31st, '06, 17:36

hayabusa_fmw wrote:CCE SP 2.67.00.27

I dunno if it's a good thing or Bad?...

let me know:)
So, did you get the EclCCE working?

I found this over at doom9.org

Q14.2: Why do I get a "Frame size XXXxYYY is not supported. Supported frame size is up to 720x576" error message or only a 10 seconds clip when I try to load an AVISynth script?

This indicates that there is an error in your AVISynth script. In this case AVISynth outputs not actual video but just a short clip displaying an error message. Depending on the length of the error message, the clip may also have a "non-standard" resolution like 852x52 and that's what CCE complains about. Open the script in Windows Media Player to see the error message and fix your script. A good starting point for fixing script errors is the AVISynth Troubleshooting Guide.

The first thing I would check is open up your AviSynth editor (click the little hand with a pen). You may have accidently put something in there. CCE is passed its parameters through the AviSynth script. I can see you are putting in the correct parameters, but CCE is not reading them, so either the avisynth script is bad, or the program that passes them (eclcce) is doing something wrong.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Aug 31st, '06, 23:04

Thanks for the tutorial. It's pretty easy to follow. However I get the Message: "Invalid Floating Point Operation" while trying to encode avi into mpeg (VCD) it. Do you know what that mean? (I googled a little and it says sth about numbers and digits or sth like that) Btw I am using an old win system, so maybe it has sth to do with the CPUs? :scratch: I am not really sure what these terms mean... :blink

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Aug 31st, '06, 23:32

gixo wrote:Thanks for the tutorial. It's pretty easy to follow. However I get the Message: "Invalid Floating Point Operation" while trying to encode avi into mpeg (VCD) it. Do you know what that mean? (I googled a little and it says sth about numbers and digits or sth like that) Btw I am using an old win system, so maybe it has sth to do with the CPUs? :scratch: I am not really sure what these terms mean... :blink
Invalid floating point operation means that you are trying to tell the CPU to do an operation on a floating point number but the number is not floating point. Without getting too technical, floating point numbers are usually represented as 32-bit binary numbers. You can have a 32-bit number that is not a float. SSE2 CPUs can do 4 floating point operations at once.

Anyway, that isn't going to help you too much. Which program is giving you the error? Is it your video encoder, your audio converter?

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 1st, '06, 05:23

Everything seems Fine........

I really dont get it i get the same error on & on....

I can't beleive...

I am trying to figure it out.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Sep 1st, '06, 08:59

kyuuketsuki wrote:
gixo wrote:Thanks for the tutorial. It's pretty easy to follow. However I get the Message: "Invalid Floating Point Operation" while trying to encode avi into mpeg (VCD) it. Do you know what that mean? (I googled a little and it says sth about numbers and digits or sth like that) Btw I am using an old win system, so maybe it has sth to do with the CPUs? :scratch: I am not really sure what these terms mean... :blink
Invalid floating point operation means that you are trying to tell the CPU to do an operation on a floating point number but the number is not floating point. Without getting too technical, floating point numbers are usually represented as 32-bit binary numbers. You can have a 32-bit number that is not a float. SSE2 CPUs can do 4 floating point operations at once.

Anyway, that isn't going to help you too much. Which program is giving you the error? Is it your video encoder, your audio converter?
It's the video converter that gives me the message. Btw I am using QuEnc since it's the first time that I am encoding an avi (normally I just use Nero Burner to do it) so I wanted to test first if I am able to do that before buying some encoding programms which I am not able to use.

hayabusa_fmw

Post by hayabusa_fmw » Sep 1st, '06, 14:11

an other problem i am having now...

In my AVI2SVCD LOG file

It gives me a popup asking me Settings & to apply something but it ain't for the clip i don't get it ..:S.

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 2nd, '06, 14:42

hayabusa_fmw wrote:an other problem i am having now...

In my AVI2SVCD LOG file

It gives me a popup asking me Settings & to apply something but it ain't for the clip i don't get it ..:S.
This happens when it takes too long for CCE to load the script and it does not send a response to Dvd2Svcd. What exactly does the popup say (screenshot)? There still might be something wrong with your avisynth script. Another cause could be if you are running things in the background. What is the priority set to on your dvd2svcd "misc" tab?

kyuuketsuki

Post by kyuuketsuki » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:08

gixo wrote:
kyuuketsuki wrote:

It's the video converter that gives me the message. Btw I am using QuEnc since it's the first time that I am encoding an avi (normally I just use Nero Burner to do it) so I wanted to test first if I am able to do that before buying some encoding programms which I am not able to use.
We need to find out what is the cause of the problem. Try to encode other AVIs and see if you get the same thing. Also, I would try TmpgEnc as your encoder. You can download it and use it for free for 30 days without registering. If it works with TmpgEnc, then we know that QuEnc is incompatible with your Operating System.