Recording terrestrial broadcasts under Linux / リ&

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
gachimayaaa

Recording terrestrial broadcasts under Linux / リ&

Post by gachimayaaa » Sep 16th, '12, 03:44

I've benefited greatly from d-addicts over the years while living in the US. Thanks everyone!

I now live in Japan and would like to continue using MythTV as my DVR for watching over-the-air broadcasts. "NOT SO FAST!", says the Japanese media-government complex. It appears that it's very, very hard to accomplish this. Linux support for digital tuner hardware is sparse and sketchy.

I thought if anyone would know, it'd be someone who lurks here: What hardware can be used to watch Japanese digital broadcasts under Linux? I need either low-profile PCI/PCIe or USB hardware. Something supported by the kernel (meaning not user-land) would be much preferred.

Many thanks in advance!

===

アメリカに住んでいた間、このサイトは非常に役に立ちました。皆様、どうも有難う御座いました。

日本に引越しして来たばかりで、前みたいにMythTVを使いたいと思ったんですが、日本ではそんな簡単にできることでわないみたいです。日本での地デジチューナーのリナックスサポートは少ないみたいです。

もしかしたらここの誰かさんがリナックスで地デジ放送を録画しているですかね。もしそうだったら、どんなハードを使っているか教えて下さいませんか?できれば、ちゃんとカーネル内のサポートの方がいいです。

宜しくお願い致します。

~ガチマヤー

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
gachimayaaa

Post by gachimayaaa » Sep 18th, '12, 11:02

bimp!

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 20th, '12, 07:19

I heard that in Japan that you need a B-CAS card to watch any form of HDTV, even the free over air TV. When you buy a new digital TV or tuner, it would comes with a B-CAS card.

Anyway, someone on the Ubuntu forum said the Earthsoft PT2 tuner card comes with linux and he provide links on installing it too.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1870335
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.