Mini reviews

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
maakopla

Mini reviews

Post by maakopla » Aug 14th, '08, 00:48

I thought for a while and came up with this idea. I just wanted to tell everyone how I feel about dramas I have watched but I don't have time/will to write long detailed reviews. So I came up with the mini reviews idea. Everyone can participate. Just add a picture and small review on a drama or movie you have fully watched. A small review doesn't mean a few words but a few meaningful sentences.

First rating is how I felt about the drama and second is overall without emotions involved. 5 is the best and 1 the worst. The ones I rate 3 and over (by how I felt about the drama) I regard worth watching. Those I review under 3 I regard waste of my time.

All pictures googled.

Sang Doo! Lets' go to school!
- Touching, heartwarming, cute but painful to watch. Very likable characters, good OST and cute plot.
5/5
4/5

Full House
- Funny and cute. Good chemistry but lackin plot and wtf fashion. Very typical but unusually cute + lovable cast.
5/5
2/5

A Love To Kill
- Cold, stylish, cool and dreamy. Nice but typical plot, still interesting. Mostly sad and serious. Great cast an dwonderful OST
4/5
3/5

A Succesfull story of a bright girl
- A very silly drama. It's mostly weird and plain funny. story is simple but entertaining.

1% of anything
- Very typical and boring. Story stars repeating itself in the middle and you will find painful to watch it till the end. Too sweet and sugary and just too typical without anything new to offer. Good chemistry between characters.
1/5
1/5

Goong
- Mostly boring, no chemistry between characters but very stylish (though guys can look GAY at times), deep story with lotsa plotting and many scerets.
1/5
3/5

My sister in law is 19
- Funny and interesting. Many hidden secrets and plotting + innocent main character and lotsa love. The story manages to be light, not too dramatic. Good casting. Though in the end many characters get irritating (ehem! mothers! ehem!) and ending is very rushed. I found romance a bit lacking.
2/5
3/5

Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
- The only thing I remember about this drama is very irritating main character and lacking plot. Good supporting cast. Funny and at the same time serious. Still mostly boring.
1/5
3/5

Super Rookie
- Amazingly funny and hooking drama. Very good cast, good scrip and entertaining plot. Never boring, never stupid and no let downs. A bit slow beginning but after 1-2 episodes you will be hooked. Very lovable characters. Only one let down: female lead.
5/5
4/5

My Love Pazzi
- Funny and entertaining. Good casting and typical but not boring plot. Not to many episodes so it won't feel repetitive but the ending is a bit of a let down. Also lame OST.
5/5
3/5

Over The Rainbow
- Great dancing, catchy music, entertaining and energetic story. A bit slow at times, a bit boring but overall good enough to keep watching till the end.
4/5
4/5

Princess Lulu
- This drama doesn't fall apart more than anything it's very compact. It's great drama to start Kdrama hobby. It has all clichees but isn't boring. Chemistry is good, cast well picked and decent OST
4/5
5/5

One Fine Day
- Romantic and a bit darmatic. Very usual plot but action starts from the very beginning. Hidden secrets, lotsa love and a lot of hiding one's true feelings. Turns boring in the second half but decpite that wort watching. Good and HOT casting.
3/5
3/5

My Name is Kim Sam Soon
- Good looking lead, extraordinary female lead and romantic plot with lotsa chemistry. Very typical in a way and gets a bit boring halfway. Still very cute story, delicious pastries, good casting and lotsa funny jokes. Still very forgettable.
3/5
3/5

Which Star Are you from
-at first this may seem very serious drama but it's not. Very funny and the best chemistry I have ever seen! Not boring at all. Characters are not afraid to love and show it to everyone. Good casting. Story is a bit lacking and this darma really looks like a low budget one.
5/5
3/5

Attic Cat
- Heartwarming and hooking. You will find yourself thinking "I feel like watching Attic Cat" it's funny and it's sad. Cast is good, story is entertaining enough but chemistry is a bit lacking.
3/5
4/5

Bad Family
- A very unique plot but still boring. This drama left me cold. Cast is good and all characters lovable. But screenwriting is just not colorful enough. Looks very stylish and sounds good.
2/5
3/5

Spring Waltz
- A very slow and sweet drama. Sceneries are breathtaking. Plot is sad in a way, characters are haunted by painful memories. But this drama has a good atmosphere, atmosphere dramas used to have... It's a bit funny too. In the end love conquers all.
5/5
3/5

My Girl
- First half of teh drama is jolly. Its' really funny and will make you laught a lot. Then something happens and comedy turns into drama. You will find main girl crying all the time. Your typical romantic comedy, nothing new, nothing extraordinary.
3/5
3/5

Dal Ja´s Spring
- This is a very romantic and cute drama. It has everything in it: humor, interesting characters, good chemistry and entertaining plot. It's mature but at the same time childish. Ending felt a bit streched. Last 4-6 episodes were really boring and thus painful to watch.
3/5
4/5

Smile Again
This drama is interesting, not boring at all. Very good cast esp. Lee Jin Wook!! A bit refreshing because it has sports in it. The ending was good. It will give you a fringt for sure.
5/5
3/5

Goong S
- part of the cast is good, the other part... very bad. Overall an entertaining drama. I liked it a lot more than Goong because it wasn't boring and had better chemistry. At first it's really funny but when it turns serious it loses it's sparks. Lotsa dirty plotting. in a vay a bit silly plot but enjoyable. The best thing was that this drama is really unpredictable.

Coffee Prince
- Funny and warm drama with great chemistry. This is a hit not by accident. You will be hooked after first episode if you like silly, romantic comedies. Cast is hot and good. 3 last episodes were very boring. Other than that I really liked this one. Though main girl cried a bit too much.
4/5
4/5

Time between Dog and Wolf
- After first 2 episodes this drama became life altering. It's just too good to be true. Very intense atmosphere and good screenwriting. Cast was good except female lead was a let down. Story was very interesting and a lot better than the summary will make you feel. Very good OST as well. A lot of action and schieming gangsters. Not much love.
5/5
5/5