Korean drama opening?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Silentwolfdog

Korean drama opening?

Post by Silentwolfdog » May 6th, '08, 05:48

Sorry if it sounds stupid or was asked before.

But I just found out after going through youtube that k-drama do have opening. I went through mine that I got from here and probably only 2 or 3 out of many came with opening scene. I thought that K-drama was the only one out of three (J-drama and C/T-drama) that doesn't have opening scene. Never noticed that until now. O.o

I am wondering if it's something you usually find on DVD instead? Or that it was cut out when uploaded to d-addicts?

It's a shame because I liked being able to watch the opening at least once, when I first start the series.

Oh well, I am just curious.
There are also deaf fans of Asian drama, so it would help all of us if spoken English is subbed as well even if it is just one word or one sentence out of whole sentences. So we would not be lost when subtitles suddenly disappered when they speak little English.

groink

Post by groink » May 6th, '08, 07:04

Some video editors do remove the opening and/or closing themes - to shorten the size of the files among other reasons. Some people even have told me that after the xth episode, the theme song becomes annoying.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » May 6th, '08, 07:23

I can't hear so that doesn't really matter to me lol. ;) If I didn't like the opening, I just usually FF (skip) it.

I guess it's strange to me because it's like I am looking at art project and it come without a name (title). I always viewed opening/ending as main part of the story. Sometimes, you can even tell if the show is good by it's opening. Maybe I am just weird, lol.

But I can understand if it helps with file size. But not showing it at least once? I am just a bit surprised and disappointed. After all, I do like watching opening scene.

So generally most K-drama do have it, but was removed, right?

Thank you for replying.
There are also deaf fans of Asian drama, so it would help all of us if spoken English is subbed as well even if it is just one word or one sentence out of whole sentences. So we would not be lost when subtitles suddenly disappered when they speak little English.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » May 6th, '08, 07:29

I think pretty much all do just like American TV. I have a few Kdrama rips where are the episodes still have the opening, but it's not common to see them.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 6th, '08, 15:26

I'm pretty sure most Korean dramas have intros but are omitted due to reasons already mentioned. But I have to agree with you that they should leave it just for the first episode and leave it out thereafter.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » May 29th, '08, 05:04

For my I'm Sorry, I Love You DVD, the opening will only play once if you press "Play All", While I watched Dae Jang Geum, the opening and closing would play, I never got annoyed! DX I loved that opening. I would sing with it too! XD "Dun Dun! Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun!"
Honey, honey, honey...

kyu-ree

Re: Korean drama opening?

Post by kyu-ree » Jul 10th, '08, 16:33

Silentwolfdog wrote:Sorry if it sounds stupid or was asked before.

But I just found out after going through youtube that k-drama do have opening. I went through mine that I got from here and probably only 2 or 3 out of many came with opening scene. I thought that K-drama was the only one out of three (J-drama and C/T-drama) that doesn't have opening scene. Never noticed that until now. O.o

I am wondering if it's something you usually find on DVD instead? Or that it was cut out when uploaded to d-addicts?

It's a shame because I liked being able to watch the opening at least once, when I first start the series.

Oh well, I am just curious.
exactly my thoughts.......................

I always thought Korean dramas didn't have openings, too.

All the Japanese/Chinese dramas are uploaded w/ openings and only the Koreans aren't. that's really weird. And sad, too :(.

Hopefully more ppl will upload it w/ the opening soon!! :D