Korean Drama Transcripts

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
pacman99

Korean Drama Transcripts

Post by pacman99 » Mar 28th, '08, 23:43

First of all, I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place.
I'm nearing completion of a beginners korean course through my university and I feel I've learned a lot of grammar points to the point that I can point out most of the grammar that's being used in dramas. According to a korean friend of mine, the grammar I've learned is up to the korean equivalent of grade 3 or 4. It just seems that now, I need to focus now on common phrases and vocab so that it'll be easier for me to converse in korean.

So my question was, does anyone know where to get (or if it's even possible) drama transcripts? Basically, a whole episode (or drama) written word for word in korean text accompanied by its translation.I'm sure such transcripts exist internally within subtitling groups but usually stuff like this isn't made public. Here's hoping that such a thing exists, even if it's just for one episode.
I think this would be the most simplest way to understand where certain words and phrases are used and also be able to easily look them up in a dictionary to further my vocab.

Any suggestions where to look or who to contact?

Thanks~

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 29th, '08, 01:15

It would be a rare fansub group that would take the effort to transcribe a show into the original language and then translate it. It's extra unnecessary work.

You would most likely have to find someone tech savvy that gets Korean TV live who would know how to rip closed captioning (which we have recently learned is in fact possible, as you can see the Japanese ones are being uploaded now.) Finding someone willing who is capable of this may be tricky though.

To start you can try this. There are two Korean softsub sets for Korean shows already on DA.

Ful House
Rebirth

Another option is to buy the original Korean DVD box set which usually have Korean captioning on them. If they show was subbed by a fansub team you can use he softsubs as translation references.

pacman99

Post by pacman99 » Mar 29th, '08, 17:43

thanks! It is a bit confusing to read the dialogue like that but I'll try and manage :)

knuts

Post by knuts » Apr 9th, '08, 09:09

check here for k-drama scripts : http://www.dramabeans.com/

pacman99

Post by pacman99 » Apr 12th, '08, 03:29

^thx a lot. Quite a variety there. Now to figure out how to compare the english subs w/ the scripts so I can learn new words in the right context.