[MOVIE DISCUSSION] A Wolf's Attraction/Romance of Their Own

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
jellybean

[MOVIE DISCUSSION] A Wolf's Attraction/Romance of Their Own

Post by jellybean » Oct 17th, '06, 17:48

EDIT: Thought I should add some extra stuff to make it all official-like, not a bumping trick - honest.

[img]http://img.hmv.co.jp/image/jacket/190/15/5/3/356.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.oi.co.kr/new_admin/cd_pictur ... 012269.jpg[/img]

Has anyone here watched a K-Movie called "Wolves Temptation/Romance of their Own"?

I'm pretty sure a lot of you have because it was apparently a HUGE film when it released. Even though it was typical and corny in some places - it left me thinking about it a while after, thoughtful and quite sombre actually - KDW was very sweet in this movie.

Stars Kang Dong Won, Lee Chung Ah and Jo Han Sun.
The kiss between JHS and LCA was HOT HOT HOT :w00t: and I was surprised about the incest theme but that seems to be popular in kdrama/movies. I also thought it was like a 15 episode kdrama rolled into one with a LOT Of plots - but this is not necessarily a bad thing
Does anyone know where I can read a translated version of the fanfic it was based on? (fulfilled below - thanks again to habukie for the link)
Last edited by jellybean on Oct 22nd, '06, 23:51, edited 3 times in total.

android_04

Post by android_04 » Oct 17th, '06, 17:58

I havent seen the movie yet although I have it, but I will soon. I LOVE INCEST!!!!!!!!! (^_^)

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Oct 17th, '06, 18:26

I think you'll love it if you're really into the K-genre like love/triangles/tragedy.

I like the OST too!

Hahaha at your comment, each to their own I guess...?But KDW is really sweet, check it out! Its a real fan girl film haha, will get you all swoony.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 17th, '06, 20:53

It was a decent movie. I was hoping it'd be better from all the hype, but I came away from it a little unsatisfied. Still watchable though.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Oct 17th, '06, 21:08

I thought it was a bit too choppy and random. Like, it seemed rushed.
It took me a while to figure out the family connection between KDW and LCA because it was so damn vague I thought.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 18th, '06, 05:26

^^i agree.

i especially thought that
JHS fell in love with LCA really quickly.
however, i thought it was better (well, less choppy) than The Guy Was Cool/He Was Cool, which is another movie based on the writings of the same author, Guiyeoni. if you want to read the translated versions of the stories, you can find them at soompi. i think i found the right links...

A Wolf's Attraction
He Was Cool

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Oct 18th, '06, 05:47

The Guy Was Cool/He Was Cool..IT WAS GOOD..TRY TO FIND IT HAA...THEN YOU'LL FIND IT VERY COOL...

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Oct 18th, '06, 16:34

Thanks habukie for the links! I'll check them out - I heard the fanfic it was based on was a lot better than the movie and the movie actually missed a lot out which may explain what you said about :
JHS falling in love with LCA too quickly

I agree with you! Its a shame because it made the plot too unbelievable.

What did everyone think of LCA? It was refreshing to see a plain Jane being played by someone who could actually pass for a plain Jane..but many fans thought she was too ugly to be
part of the love triangle between two very attractive guys

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 19th, '06, 05:32

^^yeah, i heard the same, that the original is definitely better than the movie (as are so many books -> movies). to be honest, though, i just can't seem to make headway into the online translations. maybe because it takes more effort for me to read on the computer screen compared to reading a book. but i hope you enjoy it. :D

as for LCA, i liked her in the role. it seemed to fit her, and i didn't feel that she was too ugly at all for what you described. for me, it was really just the speed and fluidity that was messed up. :-)

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Oct 19th, '06, 14:25

^ I had a look at the online translation and I know what you mean! Hmm for me it was the style, like I know fanfics are usually lots of dialogue but whoever translated it did a bad job.... :goggle: because there are too many faces like '^o^' and '^_^' which kind of kills it. If its meant to be like that then I take my comment back....but its just too childish.

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Nov 21st, '06, 01:11

that is my fav movie!...loving it!!!...I was so exited when I saw those BOMB face!!! ahahha....but at the end....gosh!...T_T...Sad!!! Sad!!!

Rain My Star

Post by Rain My Star » Dec 2nd, '06, 07:36

I need down this movie raw how ?
I need Torrent

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 21st, '06, 09:05

i never knew this movie was based on a fanfic! i guess i'll have to read it now since many of you say the fic is much better. i agree that it combines a lot of the same things that most movies/dramas have like the incest, as was previously mentioned, but i still found it enjoyable.

a fic i recommend is kiss the sky by kami. i think that's the right title and author. so good! my all time fave ever. there used to be this site called the sofa and it was a compilation of different fanfics. i dunno what ever happened to it but it had some really good fanfics there.
bi kissed me in the spring,
brian in the fall,
But minwoo only looked at me
And never kissed me at all
bi's kiss was lost in jest,
brian's lost in play
But the kiss in minwoo's eyes
Haunts me night and day

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Dec 30th, '06, 04:17

so good this movie

i :lol so hard through the movie till parts at the end where i :cry: , its so good i recommend it

Chewyr

Post by Chewyr » Jan 1st, '07, 10:49

i Loved this, i watched this like 3-4 times LOL :P
but i didn't really like the ending :-(