"I want a korean boyfriend"

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Yingzi
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 22:55
Location: Sweden

"I want a korean boyfriend"

Post by Yingzi » Aug 19th, '06, 12:29

lol :lol You know those t-shirts with the text "I want a Japanese girlfriend" :roll Well, I got an idea :P But I need your help, I need the text: "I want a korean boyfriend" in korean xD

tho.. if those t-shirts already are to buy somewhere... :P I might buy it instead, but it won't hurt anyone by writing it for me either? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
(edit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store.aspx?s=survivek6 OH MY :O I FOUND IT. That's so cool! lol >,< but I'd still love if someone could write that text here for me, the size is no problem, word can handle korean )

thanks ^^

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
__yukari
Posts: 12
Joined: Nov 30th, '05, 06:38

Post by __yukari » Aug 19th, '06, 12:44

oh my goodness, no you don't want a Korean boyfriend! Unless you're Korean yourself. lol. I had a Korean boyfriend and he ended up breaking up with me because his family wouldn't let him MARRY a non-Korean. what the heck! We dated for a month! Who was thinking about getting married? Crazy!

User avatar
Yingzi
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 22:55
Location: Sweden

Post by Yingzi » Aug 19th, '06, 12:52

marrige :O oh my, but.... hm... lmao >,< .....awwww.....

pdk001
Posts: 126
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 00:49
Location: seoul, korea

Post by pdk001 » Aug 19th, '06, 13:02

한국(韓國) 남자 친구 사귀고 싶어요

User avatar
Yingzi
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 22:55
Location: Sweden

Post by Yingzi » Aug 19th, '06, 13:20

Thank you soo much!!! ^____^

User avatar
jennyvu
Posts: 72
Joined: Aug 29th, '05, 03:42
Location: surrey, B.C

Post by jennyvu » Sep 4th, '06, 00:31

i had a korean bf before... =] i think im gunna be having another korean bf soon...lol marriage? im only 15... =/ too soon...and thats sad... hahah i want to learn korean...so then i understand what they say ^^ and im sure they'll like me because most korean girls are starting to be skanks and such now ! ever since hyori came out ~_~ eeeeek!

Original Doll
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 4th, '06, 15:06

Post by Original Doll » Sep 4th, '06, 15:19

Korean guys are soo cute! ^^ How I want to have a Korean bf <3

User avatar
whisperss_57
Posts: 206
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 00:14
Location: Canada

Post by whisperss_57 » Sep 4th, '06, 15:42

i just met the most absolute hottest korean guy i have ever met face to face. and he looks like one of the guys from DBSK.. SOO HOTT..

we're goin bowlin next weekend~ but i dont think it'll work since he goes to York Uni, and i dont =(
Image
Image

Original Doll
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 4th, '06, 15:06

Post by Original Doll » Sep 4th, '06, 15:57

^ oh lucky you! There're no Koreans here in Tunisia, and that's... oh, kinda hopeless >_<

User avatar
whisperss_57
Posts: 206
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 00:14
Location: Canada

Post by whisperss_57 » Sep 4th, '06, 15:58

n_n mhm hes so cutee~ and sweet too, he has like every single korean girl in my city in love with him~ lol
Image
Image

Drama-craze
Posts: 86
Joined: Oct 14th, '05, 04:19
Location: U.S.A.

Post by Drama-craze » Sep 4th, '06, 16:15

Yes, you are right! Unless you are Korean, you don't want a Korean boyfriend. They only marry their own kind.

BTW, I used to date a Korean guy while living in London many many moons ago. He was really cute and so adorable. Nicest and funniest guy I've met. Somehow, I left London after my study and we lost touch. I often wonder....will we ever end up together.

By saying that "they marry their own kind". I have another story. My friend's daughter who is White had a Korean boyfriend in High School. They were so much in love with each other. Due to pressure from his family from LA to Korea, he has to break up with her (I think his family is rich and quite influential). His mom tried all means to break them up like....taking away his BMW, his credit cards and even to the extend of introducing a Korean girl to him. It was so sad to see her so broken-hearted. They saw each other at school but only from a distance. Even his Korean friends were chiding him for not dating a Korean girl. Doesn't this sound like a K-drama sypnosis...but this is REAL!


__yukari wrote:oh my goodness, no you don't want a Korean boyfriend! Unless you're Korean yourself. lol. I had a Korean boyfriend and he ended up breaking up with me because his family wouldn't let him MARRY a non-Korean. what the heck! We dated for a month! Who was thinking about getting married? Crazy!

gerryg
Posts: 89
Joined: Jul 20th, '04, 00:47

Post by gerryg » Sep 4th, '06, 16:31

Aren't you afraid he will let his mother slap you :O

After the slap he will proberly hold you are arms distance and say ''You had a rough time didn't you'' :lol

User avatar
redsea
Posts: 104
Joined: Dec 9th, '04, 06:20

Post by redsea » Sep 4th, '06, 16:48

I don't know. I want to have a Korean boyfriend too. :D:D But just for fun.... However, it's better if you are Asian. Normally, for an asian guys, his familly won't welcome you if you are white. Well, some familly does but it's rare.

Better look for a guy who is independent, strong and mature. And you are willing to leave your country if it needed to. However, the risk is still high. Good luck girls !!!
In love with Life :rofl: :faint:

korean06
Posts: 7
Joined: Feb 21st, '06, 03:46

Post by korean06 » Sep 4th, '06, 21:27

__yukari wrote:oh my goodness, no you don't want a Korean boyfriend! Unless you're Korean yourself. lol. I had a Korean boyfriend and he ended up breaking up with me because his family wouldn't let him MARRY a non-Korean. what the heck! We dated for a month! Who was thinking about getting married? Crazy!
koreans are very very conserative people....... You will find your "dream guy" so dont worry about it

kmvaddicts
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 28th, '06, 07:02

Post by kmvaddicts » Sep 4th, '06, 22:12

Love reading this topic because eventhough it appears that the it's a little extreme, but it's true. Koreans rarely marry outside their race and they have a very traditionalist view on marriage.

Korean guys are like a very expensive piece of art. You fancy it, you dream about it, you drool at it, you wanted so bad to reach out and touch it, own it, be a slave to it, but it's not within your reach. You can afford it sometimes but you can't have it. :)

My roomate in college is European (Swedish) and she went out with this gorgeous Korean hunk. They dated for about 2 years and we all truly believe that they are a match made in heaven. In the end, this Korean guy broke it off not because he does't love her anymore, but because she does not fit into his traditional Korean family. My Swedish roomie felt so betrayed and I have always wanted to meet the guy again and give him a slap on the face!

Kang...wherever you are, if I ever see you again..... :cussing:

User avatar
PocketKiriyama
Posts: 275
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 03:24
Location: Some where in Illinois, USA

Post by PocketKiriyama » Sep 4th, '06, 22:24

My sister have a korean boyfriend.
She once asked, if he was going to marry the girl his parents arranged.
He actually said yes.
Korean tradition tells that they have to be filial and obey their parents.
Apparently my sister was angry for a bit but she just thought it over and said that she'll spend as much time as she can with him.
Of course they been dating for over 2 years without the knowledge of his parents.

In my opinion, Koreans are such a hassle to be with........well most of them.

snowbird
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 11th, '05, 14:45
Location: Germany

Post by snowbird » Sep 4th, '06, 22:38

actually i think it's not really like that anymore

arranged marriages are uncommon these days
you really have to meet someone from a really really conservative family...

at least thats what all my korean friends tell me (i'm not living there)

it is true though, that decisions made by elder people, especially your parents are unquestionable
it may also happen that parents won't allow to marry a non-korean, i heard many people are still conservative on that one

i am half-korean, i hope a have a chance :/

m3morabl3
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 16:09

Post by m3morabl3 » Sep 6th, '06, 09:24

Hahaha i sooo rekon there shud be a korean kdrama on this...a korean guy dating a non-korean girl .....and all the stuff that happens with the family...will definitely be interesting and then all the non-korean girls around the world who want a Korean BF will definitely be able to relate to this!

User avatar
PocketKiriyama
Posts: 275
Joined: Aug 7th, '06, 03:24
Location: Some where in Illinois, USA

Post by PocketKiriyama » Sep 6th, '06, 09:26

yeah that be a great idea!
while they are at it cast me as the brother
hahahahaha

User avatar
rainfall
Posts: 236
Joined: Feb 5th, '05, 14:27
Location: Singapore

Post by rainfall » Sep 6th, '06, 10:01

dont mess up ur mind....
korean drama is good.... doesnt mean the guys/gals are good.
there are bad or good people in this world, regardless their nationality, race, religious, etc etc etc...
cheers...

snowbird
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 11th, '05, 14:45
Location: Germany

Post by snowbird » Sep 6th, '06, 18:04

you're right rainfall
but we all are a little messed with our addiction to dramas anyway

warlock110
Posts: 42
Joined: Sep 5th, '06, 02:25

Post by warlock110 » Sep 8th, '06, 15:05

i fell off my chair reading the tittle of this thread. you guys are so funny.

hmm, i'm guessing there's quite alot of girls on this forum vs the guy ratio :).... that's strange.
Last edited by warlock110 on Sep 8th, '06, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

serenesleeper
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 18th, '06, 17:12
Location: sz
Contact:

Post by serenesleeper » Sep 8th, '06, 15:16

there are lots of korean guys here where i study and i think i can relate to this topic...

i had and am having a crush on a korean guy but he is totally... like... having this "non-korean chick" barrier thingy around him once. then to our surprise, he got a chinese gf but he wasn't serious so... i guess he really has this thing.

he treats me nice and all but... oh well.

*sigh*

supastar85
Posts: 13
Joined: Jun 3rd, '06, 18:58

Post by supastar85 » Sep 8th, '06, 15:29

Korean funny love story Pucca! [img]http://www.tsubasa_lita.blogger.com.br/pucca41%5b1%5d.jpg[/img]

warlock110
Posts: 42
Joined: Sep 5th, '06, 02:25

Post by warlock110 » Sep 8th, '06, 15:37

i didn't wanna say this, but this thread annoy the hell out of me. so i'm gonna say it anyways and i'm gonna be very straight, so it might offend alot of people.

have u ever think the reason is.... let say alot simpler than the "family tradtion problem"? have u ever thought maybe, just maybe you wasn't good enough? speaking from a guy perpsective, if a guy think u're worthy to pursue or that he really really like u. u gonna have to put about 20 families in front of him to make him stop going after u. this may sound hash but it's the truth. i think people are just blaming on something else to save their selfesteem. Myself i'm not great or good, i would even say underaverage, but atleast i see things through and through, making up excuse for your fault isn't gonna fix anything, get up and fix your own problem, it's not gonna go away by itself.

PS: i have a feeling i'm gonna get flame so bad for this haha.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 8th, '06, 15:54

I'm white and I have a Korean boyfriend here in Korea. He already introduced me to his parents, they like me and he is now formally dating me with their approval. He has mentioned marriage already but I didn't want to listen. (it's only been a month! :O )

Before I started to date him, I talked about this issue with quite a number of other guys (I came close to dating quite a few other Korean guys.) When I asked them if their families would allow him to marry me, only very few said no (mostly those whose parents come from really small villages), most said that their parents definitely wouldn't be happy, but that in such cases, the children nearly always won in the end. They told me if they really wanted to marry me, they would.

So it isn't hopeless. Things might be a little different though because most of you seem to have been dating Korean-American guys, whereas my honey is all Korean, born and raised. It's strange to think that Westernised Korean families are more conservative now than their counterparts in Korea.

Acceptance of interracial families seem to be on the increase thanks to idols such as Daniel Henney or Nicholas Cage (who married a gorgeous Korean woman.)

To all you people who say Koreans stick to their own kind only, I'm not really sure where you got this from. Korean-American women marry white American males in great numbers. :blink

I also happen to know a Korean-American guy from NYC who is married (and has a daughter) with a beautiful African-American woman. He might be an exception, but what I'm saying is, having a Korean boyfriend isn't as hopeless as some of you make it out to be, from my experience.

Edit :I got the following info from my Lonely Planet Korea:
Due to Korean families traditionally wanting a male heir, it is estimated that by 2010 there will 128 Korean men in their prime marriageable age for every 100 Korean women in their prime.
Due to this, about 5% of all marriages in Korea now involve foreigners. About 10,000 Korean men marry Chinese, Filippino, Japanese or Russian women annually, whereas another few thousand Korean women marry primarily Japanese and American men every year.



5% is a big number, and it's only going to increase as Korea's bride shortage problem remains. Add to that to the fact that the one-child policy has made way for a massacre of the female unborn in neighbouring China (meaning, as soon as more Chinese families get wealthy enough, they will have to save the few women they have for Chinese men) and I'd say it won't take very long until quite a few families have to open their doors to foreign women if they don't want their sons to end up single.

It is true that, traditionally, Koreans don't want to mix their blood with foreigners - during the many, many, MANY invasions of foreign forces into Korea (Chinese, Mongols, Japanese, pirates, you name it), what was important to the Koreans was not to mix with these foreign forces in order to keep their sense of national identity as Koreans and nothing BUT Koreans.

Most Koreans have a book of their ancestors and place a lot of stress on bloodline - however, as I've said before, due to the problems of modern Korea, the Westernization of Korea and the increasing romanticism among young Koreans (they watch dramas, too. They like to believe that love conquers all, as is portrayed in their dramas), I really, really don't think that marrying a Korean man is impossible for a non-Korean woman.

User avatar
whisperss_57
Posts: 206
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 00:14
Location: Canada

Post by whisperss_57 » Sep 8th, '06, 22:24

i agree with Néa Vanille my Korean friend's brother married a spanish girl and most Koreans are open to inter-racial marriages.
Image
Image

Rakkie
Posts: 57
Joined: Dec 27th, '04, 22:10
Location: Melbourne

Post by Rakkie » Sep 9th, '06, 04:24

Some interesting statistics about korean and interracial marriage...

54.2% of Koreans Positive About Interracial Marriages
[url]http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200604/kt2006041217452253460.htm[/url]

More than half of Koreans are willing to get married to foreigners, showing a change in perception toward international marriages, according to a survey.

The survey came as Korean-American football hero Hines Ward drew public attention to biracial people during his stay in Korea.

Bien-Aller, a Seoul-based matchmaking company, conducted the survey looking at 580 single women and men about interracial marriages via the Internet on April 3-10.

In the survey, 54.2 percent of men replied that they are positive about having foreign spouses, while 52.9 percent of women said that they would marry foreigners.

Those respondents who were in favor of interracial marriages pointed out that non-Korean spouses would enrich their lives and were expected to be more committed to their spouses _ the biggest benefit of all.

However, the findings show that Korean women have a preference for white men over other races, with 62.1 percent choosing a preference for natives of the U.S. or European countries.

Meanwhile, 73.4 percent of Korean men answered that they prefer Asian spouses who have something in common in terms of race and culture.

According to the survey, 21.6 percent of men answered that they would hesitate in marrying a non-Korean women due to differences in ways of thinking.

Meanwhile, 21.9 percent of women said that they would be reluctant to marry a foreigner because they don't want to have mixed-blood children.

``It is true that the perception toward interracial marriages is becoming positive, compared to the past, especially as Ward is emerging as a national icon for Koreans,'' Choi Seul-ki, official of the matchmaking company, told The Korea Times.

``But there are still prejudices when it comes to races Korean men and women choose as their partners in international marriages. Koreans are slowly changing to embrace other races in terms of marriage,'' she said.

Another survey released by the Corea Image Communication Institute in January also showed the Koreans' perceptional change toward international marriage.

The survey of 1,470 women and men aged 18-68, indicated that 61 percent of Koreans answered that they would allow their children to have a foreign spouse, while 37.4 percent said they would not.

The survey indicates that Koreans' attitudes towards interracial marriage is moving into a transition stage, but only in terms of accepting a child's choice of partner.

Recently, an increasing number of Koreans are marrying foreigners and becoming more open-minded about who their potential partners could be, rather than sticking to the notion of a one-race nation.

Koreans married about 25,000 foreigners in 2004 alone, especially Korean men living in rural areas who have difficulty finding Korean spouses.

According to the Ministry of Justice, the number of foreigners living with Korean spouses here jumped 35.5 percent to 60,214 in February last year from 44,416 in December 2003.

The figure was up from 57,069 at the end of 2004.

By nationality, most of them were from other Asian countries. Chinese, including Korean Chinese, accounted for the majority of foreign spouses with 35,928, followed by Japanese, 7,609, Vietnamese, 4,145, Filipinos, 3,876, Thais, 1,347 and Mongolians, 1,024.

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 9th, '06, 09:40

Néa Vanille wrote:I'm white and I have a Korean boyfriend here in Korea. He already introduced me to his parents, they like me and he is now formally dating me with their approval. He has mentioned marriage already but I didn't want to listen. (it's only been a month! :O )

Before I started to date him, I talked about this issue with quite a number of other guys (I came close to dating quite a few other Korean guys.) When I asked them if their families would allow him to marry me, only very few said no (mostly those whose parents come from really small villages), most said that their parents definitely wouldn't be happy, but that in such cases, the children nearly always won in the end. They told me if they really wanted to marry me, they would.

So it isn't hopeless. Things might be a little different though because most of you seem to have been dating Korean-American guys, whereas my honey is all Korean, born and raised. It's strange to think that Westernised Korean families are more conservative now than their counterparts in Korea.

Acceptance of interracial families seem to be on the increase thanks to idols such as Daniel Henney or Nicholas Cage (who married a gorgeous Korean woman.)

To all you people who say Koreans stick to their own kind only, I'm not really sure where you got this from. Korean-American women marry white American males in great numbers. :blink

I also happen to know a Korean-American guy from NYC who is married (and has a daughter) with a beautiful African-American woman. He might be an exception, but what I'm saying is, having a Korean boyfriend isn't as hopeless as some of you make it out to be, from my experience.

Edit :I got the following info from my Lonely Planet Korea:
Due to Korean families traditionally wanting a male heir, it is estimated that by 2010 there will 128 Korean men in their prime marriageable age for every 100 Korean women in their prime.
Due to this, about 5% of all marriages in Korea now involve foreigners. About 10,000 Korean men marry Chinese, Filippino, Japanese or Russian women annually, whereas another few thousand Korean women marry primarily Japanese and American men every year.



5% is a big number, and it's only going to increase as Korea's bride shortage problem remains. Add to that to the fact that the one-child policy has made way for a massacre of the female unborn in neighbouring China (meaning, as soon as more Chinese families get wealthy enough, they will have to save the few women they have for Chinese men) and I'd say it won't take very long until quite a few families have to open their doors to foreign women if they don't want their sons to end up single.

It is true that, traditionally, Koreans don't want to mix their blood with foreigners - during the many, many, MANY invasions of foreign forces into Korea (Chinese, Mongols, Japanese, pirates, you name it), what was important to the Koreans was not to mix with these foreign forces in order to keep their sense of national identity as Koreans and nothing BUT Koreans.

Most Koreans have a book of their ancestors and place a lot of stress on bloodline - however, as I've said before, due to the problems of modern Korea, the Westernization of Korea and the increasing romanticism among young Koreans (they watch dramas, too. They like to believe that love conquers all, as is portrayed in their dramas), I really, really don't think that marrying a Korean man is impossible for a non-Korean woman.
It's not impossible but it's unlikely... While I have dated other race to experience life I have never really thought about marrying outside of my race.. All my relatives married other Koreans as well as my American bread sister...

It has a lot to do with what type of family you were raised from. Even the total Americanized who speak english at home marry other Koreans far as I see... While there are girls who marry other race but the girls are not considered to pass their blood lines/family name... The times have changed and Koreans know this too.. But the Koreans who have their identiy intact will keep on marrying other Koreans... Most of the males are taught this at a young age.

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 9th, '06, 09:48

Rakkie wrote:Some interesting statistics about korean and interracial marriage...

54.2% of Koreans Positive About Interracial Marriages
[url]http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200604/kt2006041217452253460.htm[/url]

More than half of Koreans are willing to get married to foreigners, showing a change in perception toward international marriages, according to a survey.

The survey came as Korean-American football hero Hines Ward drew public attention to biracial people during his stay in Korea.

Bien-Aller, a Seoul-based matchmaking company, conducted the survey looking at 580 single women and men about interracial marriages via the Internet on April 3-10.

In the survey, 54.2 percent of men replied that they are positive about having foreign spouses, while 52.9 percent of women said that they would marry foreigners.

Those respondents who were in favor of interracial marriages pointed out that non-Korean spouses would enrich their lives and were expected to be more committed to their spouses _ the biggest benefit of all.

However, the findings show that Korean women have a preference for white men over other races, with 62.1 percent choosing a preference for natives of the U.S. or European countries.

Meanwhile, 73.4 percent of Korean men answered that they prefer Asian spouses who have something in common in terms of race and culture.

According to the survey, 21.6 percent of men answered that they would hesitate in marrying a non-Korean women due to differences in ways of thinking.

Meanwhile, 21.9 percent of women said that they would be reluctant to marry a foreigner because they don't want to have mixed-blood children.

``It is true that the perception toward interracial marriages is becoming positive, compared to the past, especially as Ward is emerging as a national icon for Koreans,'' Choi Seul-ki, official of the matchmaking company, told The Korea Times.

``But there are still prejudices when it comes to races Korean men and women choose as their partners in international marriages. Koreans are slowly changing to embrace other races in terms of marriage,'' she said.

Another survey released by the Corea Image Communication Institute in January also showed the Koreans' perceptional change toward international marriage.

The survey of 1,470 women and men aged 18-68, indicated that 61 percent of Koreans answered that they would allow their children to have a foreign spouse, while 37.4 percent said they would not.

The survey indicates that Koreans' attitudes towards interracial marriage is moving into a transition stage, but only in terms of accepting a child's choice of partner.

Recently, an increasing number of Koreans are marrying foreigners and becoming more open-minded about who their potential partners could be, rather than sticking to the notion of a one-race nation.

Koreans married about 25,000 foreigners in 2004 alone, especially Korean men living in rural areas who have difficulty finding Korean spouses.

According to the Ministry of Justice, the number of foreigners living with Korean spouses here jumped 35.5 percent to 60,214 in February last year from 44,416 in December 2003.

The figure was up from 57,069 at the end of 2004.

By nationality, most of them were from other Asian countries. Chinese, including Korean Chinese, accounted for the majority of foreign spouses with 35,928, followed by Japanese, 7,609, Vietnamese, 4,145, Filipinos, 3,876, Thais, 1,347 and Mongolians, 1,024.
They can have surveys all they want... But most of them are in Korea where only other Koreans live? When it comes to real thing it changes things... Exprience foreign relationships in foreign country? Until they exprience for themselves they survey doesn't mean anything... It just means they have an open mind...

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 10th, '06, 13:13

The survey specifically asked for marrying interracially, specifically in a matchmaking agency! I would think that most people answering yes do consider it as a real possiblity, since, having answered this for a matchmaking company, this ultimately means they are open to having the company set dates with foreigners up for them!

And another striking thing: keep in mind that people who sign up for these types of agencies are generally the more conservative and traditional ones, while the more liberal and progressive (and hence, more prone to marry interracially) part of the nation believes in love dramas and tries to pursue a possible spouse on the internet, a disco or at work. In a nutshell, a matchmaking agency asked this group of slightly more conservative than average people whether they would want to marry foreigners, and a whopping 50+% answered yes. How that means they only want to play or whatever is beyond me.

Korean society is changing like every other in the world as the direct cause of globalization. In the old days, plastic surgery would have been unthinkable in Korea, as the way one was made was considered to be pure and not to be tarnished in the old days (yes, I read quite a few books on Korea). Obviously, Korean society has changed its opinion on this issue, as the millions of plastic surgery ads on the subway and the TV quite efficiently show.

You might not like interracial dating or marriage, but it's happening, frequently and increasingly. 5% of marriages in Korea are international now, exclusing the thousands of Korean women who marry Caucasian men in the United States or Canada and not in Korea. And yes, the number of interracial marriages was much, much lower just a few years ago. Korean society is obviously opening itself to foreigners more and more as each year passes and the experience I've been able to gather actually living and dating in Korea has been proof to these statistics.

User avatar
jennyvu
Posts: 72
Joined: Aug 29th, '05, 03:42
Location: surrey, B.C

Post by jennyvu » Sep 11th, '06, 00:11

korean06 wrote:
__yukari wrote:oh my goodness, no you don't want a Korean boyfriend! Unless you're Korean yourself. lol. I had a Korean boyfriend and he ended up breaking up with me because his family wouldn't let him MARRY a non-Korean. what the heck! We dated for a month! Who was thinking about getting married? Crazy!
koreans are very very conserative people....... You will find your "dream guy" so dont worry about it
hahahaha conservative????????

after hyori lee, many korean girls became very *uh hum* :|

warlock110
Posts: 42
Joined: Sep 5th, '06, 02:25

Post by warlock110 » Sep 11th, '06, 03:50

hyori lee is HOT HOT HOT. i think that's enough reason, she can do w/e she want lol, as long as she keep looking that hot nothing matter hohoho.

User avatar
CallaLillieszz
Posts: 119
Joined: May 24th, '06, 03:29

Post by CallaLillieszz » Sep 11th, '06, 03:55

why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 11th, '06, 04:45

Néa Vanille wrote:The survey specifically asked for marrying interracially, specifically in a matchmaking agency! I would think that most people answering yes do consider it as a real possiblity, since, having answered this for a matchmaking company, this ultimately means they are open to having the company set dates with foreigners up for them!

And another striking thing: keep in mind that people who sign up for these types of agencies are generally the more conservative and traditional ones, while the more liberal and progressive (and hence, more prone to marry interracially) part of the nation believes in love dramas and tries to pursue a possible spouse on the internet, a disco or at work. In a nutshell, a matchmaking agency asked this group of slightly more conservative than average people whether they would want to marry foreigners, and a whopping 50+% answered yes. How that means they only want to play or whatever is beyond me.

Korean society is changing like every other in the world as the direct cause of globalization. In the old days, plastic surgery would have been unthinkable in Korea, as the way one was made was considered to be pure and not to be tarnished in the old days (yes, I read quite a few books on Korea). Obviously, Korean society has changed its opinion on this issue, as the millions of plastic surgery ads on the subway and the TV quite efficiently show.

You might not like interracial dating or marriage, but it's happening, frequently and increasingly. 5% of marriages in Korea are international now, exclusing the thousands of Korean women who marry Caucasian men in the United States or Canada and not in Korea. And yes, the number of interracial marriages was much, much lower just a few years ago. Korean society is obviously opening itself to foreigners more and more as each year passes and the experience I've been able to gather actually living and dating in Korea has been proof to these statistics.
I don't think conservative people goto matchmaking services in Korea perhaps their parents or relatives set them up with someone... I would think the desperate ones who can't get a date go to match making services in KOREA at least...

If 50% said they would marry a foreigner did they consider other things like what race is the foreigner? Have they interacted or lived with one? Can they speak the language of the person they will marry and there are no communication barriers? Where will they live? Will the spouse live in Korea or they goto where their spouse is? Will they face racism in other countries if they go? See there are many variables.. A simple yes or no doesn't mean anything except they have an open mind... Unless they exprienced it for themselves the survey is pointless like most surveys are...

I have heard lot of Koreans marry girls from Vietnam and some SouthEast Asian countries especially the Farmers who can't get a wife because no one wants to live in a farm in Korea... The thing is Asians think similar... Marrying Black, Caucasian, Spanish is whole different than marrying other Asians...

Yes I know interracial marriage is happening but its still a low percentage, then theres the whole lot divorce rate when you marry interracially.... Personally what they do with their lives is non of my business... I've had interracial relationships and you would consider me a border line liberal because how I think.. But I've learned that we just aren't compatible for something serioius like marriage... Dating someone and spending their entire lives married to someone is a whole different thing...

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 15:31

These tendencially more conservative people have a mind more open than yours seeing as how they would consider marrying a foreigner while you do not, but you seem to have difficulty acknowledging the fact that Koreans are outmarrying in greater and greater numbers each year and will continue to do so for the next years as globalization is becoming the world's primary philosophy. Considering the repercussions of this development and the fact that there will be 128 Korean men for every 100 Korean women in 2010, not admitting interracial marriages are in due is beyond old-fashioned. Do you want all those men to die unmarried and lonely? I've seen your anti-miscenegation propaganda in another thread; you truly seem to carry a great deal of bitterness against non-Koreans in your heart.

Upon coming to Korea, I received numerous requests for dating from men I met in the subway, coffee shops or on the street, man of whom I discussed the marriage issue with. My Korean boyfriend is more eager about marrying me than I am about marrying him (he dragged me to lunch with his mother after dating for a week and proudly introduced me to her) and his friends frequently ask me to introduce them to German girls so they can date one as well. Dating and marrying a Korean isn't that difficult for extraverted girls with above average looks, though there are some factors that make it likelier, such as being able to speak Korean, wanting to live in Korea and having a vast knowledge of Korean culture, history and customs.

There was actually a time when my Korean boyfriend and I faced problems due to cultural barriers. Once, when we had been dating for perhaps a week, something bad happened that my boyfriend, despite knowing it might come, refused to tell me about beforehand only to then blame me that it happened and refuse to speak to me for an entire day. He was mad at me because I had not been able to catch his hints, had not been able to read his mind and had not expected the bad thing to happen myself.

Since then, I have learned to be more subtle, to be more perceptive and to pay more attention to things unsaid. I might not have the same sixth sense a Korean does yet, but I'm getting there, slowly and surely. I truly feel like dating him has already made me a better person - already I learned a difficult, but important aspect of Asian culture that has made me more observative and sensitive to the needs of others and the things that are left unvoiced, but are there nonetheless. I'm not saying dating a Korean will be easy, because it certainly is a different culture for most of us non-Koreans, but I personally feel the things you can learn just make it so much more rewarding, provided you truly want to learn and you truly respect the other's culture, no matter how weird it might seem to you occassionally.

By now, I have been able to catch similar subtle behavioural hints on quite a number of occassions; likewise, he has learned to gracefully accept my Western directness and openness and he is no longer irritated by anything I say.

Just liking the looks of Korean people might not be enough to make marriage possible, though - to make it truly work, girls will have to learn to be sensitive, respectful and tolerant. Some aspects of Korean culture are upsetting; some are downright disgusting; but still, if it's your spouse's, you will have to learn to accept it. It isn't easy, but it certainly is rewarding to me.

warlock110
Posts: 42
Joined: Sep 5th, '06, 02:25

Post by warlock110 » Sep 11th, '06, 15:59

CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
cuzz they watch k-drama all the time and think all korean guys looks like the ones on screen. and also they get hit with the fashion of korean on screen. it's all about facinasion. the freaking truth is all asian looks identical, and all white looks the same, all black look the same, it's generic, there's tiny bit difference here n there but over all shouldn't be a huge difference when u're the same race.

User avatar
albapeach
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 25th, '04, 13:15
Location: Seoul to Berlin
Contact:

Post by albapeach » Sep 11th, '06, 16:11

wat a...useless thread o.o
and about the marriage thing -0- that koreans only marry there own kind
ever heard about half koreans ..-0- we r the living evidence...damn -0-;;;;
:salut:

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 16:14

CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
It's not everyone, it's just the people on d-addicts because they don't really know anything about korea (most of them) or japan. The same thing allegedly happened in Japan with japanese girls being fascinated by caucasian men. From what I heard their basis was the western movies/shows that we send them (and never watch ourselves of course lol).

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 16:34

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:
CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
It's not everyone, it's just the people on d-addicts because they don't really know anything about korea (most of them) or japan. The same thing allegedly happened in Japan with japanese girls being fascinated by caucasian men. From what I heard their basis was the western movies/shows that we send them (and never watch ourselves of course lol).
I live in Korea and I happen to think the reason why Koreans are the most desired Asian males is simply because they tend to be the tallest well-known Asian. I'm not claiming that they are the tallest Asians, period; however, they ARE significantly taller than the majority of people I saw in Japan and Taiwan, and according to official statistics, they are a good deal taller than the average Vietnamese and Thai as well. Given the many different people in China, I'm sure that a few groups of them will be taller than Koreans, but the thing is that they are not well-known among Westernised Asian drama fans.

Korean men, unlike Japanese or South East Asian men (I think.. though admittedly, I don't know much about South East Asia. Correct me if I'm wrong), also have to complete a mandatory military service lasting for over 2 years. During that time, their bodies achieve a level of fitness that is hard to find in any other Asian country I have visited and many stay fit well after their military service.

I actually met 2 German girls in Seoul who have completed half a year of Chinese language study in Beijing and have travelled extensively through China and Japan. They looked at me starry-eyed and said, "Korea is incredible. The country has Asian men with broad backs and shoulders!!"

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 16:41

warlock110 wrote:
CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
cuzz they watch k-drama all the time and think all korean guys looks like the ones on screen. and also they get hit with the fashion of korean on screen. it's all about facinasion. the freaking truth is all asian looks identical, and all white looks the same, all black look the same, it's generic, there's tiny bit difference here n there but over all shouldn't be a huge difference when u're the same race.
All white people look the same? All Asians look the same?

Let's compare a Swede to a Spaniard or an Indian to a Japanese.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Sep 11th, '06, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 15:24
Location: Toronto/Manila

Post by Atomic » Sep 11th, '06, 16:47

Nea may I ask what you're doing in Korea.. Since you have a Korean boyfriend, are you working there or going to school/studying there?
Image

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 16:52

Néa Vanille wrote: I live in Korea and I happen to think the reason why Koreans are the most desired Asian males is simply because they tend to be the tallest well-known Asian. I'm not claiming that they are the tallest Asians, period; however, they ARE significantly taller than the majority of people I saw in Japan and Taiwan, and according to official statistics, they are a good deal taller than the average Vietnamese and Thai as well. Given the many different people in China, I'm sure that a few groups of them will be taller than Koreans, but the thing is that they are not well-known among Westernised Asian drama fans.

Korean men, unlike Japanese or South East Asian men (I think.. though admittedly, I don't know much about South East Asia. Correct me if I'm wrong), also have to complete a mandatory military service lasting for over 2 years. During that time, their bodies achieve a level of fitness that is hard to find in any other Asian country I have visited and many stay fit well after their military service.

I actually met 2 German girls in Seoul who have completed half a year of Chinese language study in Beijing and have travelled extensively through China and Japan. They looked at me starry-eyed and said, "Korea is incredible. The country has Asian men with broad backs and shoulders!!"
I'm sure you're partly right-especially about the height thing, but I also heard the same things about korean females as well. That they're the most beautiful asians girls I mean. Height and military training obviously has nothing to do with that. I'm pretty sure the reason why koreans are seen as desirable (especially by other asians) is because their skin is lighter than other asians. I was told by many koreans that lighter skin is very beautiful there.

Anyway, whatever the reason why koreans are seen as more beautiful/handsome among asians is, I honestly can't say. I see many extremely beautiful japanese/chinese girls here in nyc all the time.

The topic here is "I want to marry a korean guy". So I assumed it means "I want to marry a korean guy out of all races/nationalities" not simply "out of all asians I want to marry a korean". Obviously the height and broad shoulders thing wouldn't hold ground there.

Lol, it does remind me of a funny complaint I heard from some japanese guys. They said that they couldn't understand why the most beautiful japanese girls date "fat, bald white guys from tennesee". I don't know why, but I cracked up when reading that.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 17:04

Actually, it is said that Korean females are the most beautiful Asian women, but that Japanese women are the cutest ones. Korean men actually really like tall girls and frequently list it as a reason why Korean girls are better than Japanese girls (this being Korea, I hear anti-Japanese crap daily.) They also tend to have bigger boobs than Japanese girls - though if this is because of plastic surgery or natural, I cannot say.

Are you sure Japanese people have darker skin than Koreans? I didn't notice much difference there - having similar weather conditions, they always looked equally pale to me.

Another reason why Korean men might be seen as more desirable is because Korean culture teaches them to look more masculine than Japanese culture does. In Japan, it is a lot more common to see men with eye liner, really long hair and girly clothes, and while Korean men DO wear pink, yellow and cute clothes far more frequently than Westerners, I haven't yet seen a Korean with make-up. A lot of girls don't really go for the girly men thing, especially those raised in the West and taught by Western men how men should have to look.

I also think that many Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese etc. men are very attractive and my reason for preferring to date Korean men is more because I know their culture and language far better than that of the mentioned other Asian nationals.

@Atomic: I work and travel here. :lol Not for much longer, though... but I'm coming back as soon as possible to teach English for some years.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 17:17

I honestly never understood asian beauty. Here in NYC there was a miss chinatown NYC competition and I saw some of last years winners (and losers) and I was like "Are these guys blind?" But many chinese guys told me that these girls truly were the most beautiful (I pretty much gave up trying to understand asian beauty standards after that).

My comment was based on my assumption (correct me if I was wrong) that this topic was out of all men, not just out of all asian men.

As I said, the same thing happened in Japan with the movies we send them. Which is why they date "fat, bald guys from Tennessee", even though they seem EXTREMELY undesirable here lol.

nichollegal
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 1st, '06, 07:28
Location: malaysia

Post by nichollegal » Sep 11th, '06, 17:19

i wish to hav a korean boyfriend too, but i dun think so i could hav coz i always feel tat korea n koreans are so far away from me, n i dun think they might like dark complexion type of girl like me...sorry not to hurt anyone out there is jus my thoughts only...

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 17:24

A remarkable number of Westernised Asian guys I met on my travels told me that white guys tend to date ugly Asian girls. They think that said men just have too much of an Asian fetish to care about the actual beauty of the girl - but it might just be that white and Asian men have different views of what is beautiful in Asian women.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 17:30

Néa Vanille wrote:A remarkable number of Westernised Asian guys I met on my travels told me that white guys tend to date ugly Asian girls. They think that said men just have too much of an Asian fetish to care about the actual beauty of the girl - but it might just be that white and Asian men have different views of what is beautiful in Asian women.
I showed a korean girl the drama "dating now" and she said that the star "ho jung" is seen as very beautiful in korea. I personally thought her face looked weird. Not saying she is ugly, I would definitely date her, but she definitely is not the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

I pointed out a few other girls to her (not stars, just fill ins) and said I thought they were much more beautiful than her (it was some of her classmates) and she just laughed and said that they are not beautiful at all.

And I had a korean room mate (and his friends) who all said that Utada Hikaru looked like a man and was ugly. Now once again, I say that utada isn't the most beautiful girl on earth, but she definitely is not ugly. I'd say she's average at worse, cute at best. And he showed me some pictures of what he said were "truly beautiful women"... lets just say I wanted to barf. Some of them were very scary.

I don't understand asian beauty and I probably never will (thank god lol).

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 17:35

The Koreans seem to think that Kim Tae Hee is the most beautiful Korean woman, judging by the many times I see her mug every day and by the many Korean guys I know who have pictures and video clips of her on their cell phones.

I'd say she has a rather universal beauty. She is very popular in this forum as well.

Edit: Korean men seem to like Russian tennis players. The subway is full of posters from Maria Sherapova, Anna Kournikova etc. I don't like a single one of them.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 17:54

Néa Vanille wrote:The Koreans seem to think that Kim Tae Hee is the most beautiful Korean woman, judging by the many times I see her mug every day and by the many Korean guys I know who have pictures and video clips of her on their cell phones.

I'd say she has a rather universal beauty. She is very popular in this forum as well.

Edit: Korean men seem to like Russian tennis players. The subway is full of posters from Maria Sherapova, Anna Kournikova etc. I don't like a single one of them.
edit: picture taken down because it was messing up the page widths, sorry for any disturbances. here is the link for anyone who wants to see it.
[url]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4024/200611221250688862me.jpg[/url]

Is that her? IMO she's pretty, but definitely not beautiful enough to be the idol of a country. I'll never understand korea.
Last edited by kotaeshiranaihito on Sep 12th, '06, 15:23, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 11th, '06, 18:01

It's her, but it isn't a very good picture of her. She does look rather striking in some of the commercials she's done.


Especially this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMAPpMGI_s&mode=related&search=

My boyfriend has it on his cell phone.

this one, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls11TkKrrkk

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 11th, '06, 18:13

Néa Vanille wrote:It's her, but it isn't a very good picture of her. She does look rather striking in some of the commercials she's done.


Especially this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMAPpMGI_s&mode=related&search=

My boyfriend has it on his cell phone.

this one, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls11TkKrrkk
I saw the videos and she kind looks exactly the same (maybe a little paler).

This is off topic and feel free to pm me on this but,
you said you hear anti-japanese crap all the time there? Like how often and what kinds of things do they say? I always thought it was just a small minority of koreans who don't like japanese.


User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 11th, '06, 22:11

Néa Vanille wrote:These tendencially more conservative people have a mind more open than yours seeing as how they would consider marrying a foreigner while you do not, but you seem to have difficulty acknowledging the fact that Koreans are outmarrying in greater and greater numbers each year and will continue to do so for the next years as globalization is becoming the world's primary philosophy. Considering the repercussions of this development and the fact that there will be 128 Korean men for every 100 Korean women in 2010, not admitting interracial marriages are in due is beyond old-fashioned. Do you want all those men to die unmarried and lonely? I've seen your anti-miscenegation propaganda in another thread; you truly seem to carry a great deal of bitterness against non-Koreans in your heart.

Upon coming to Korea, I received numerous requests for dating from men I met in the subway, coffee shops or on the street, man of whom I discussed the marriage issue with. My Korean boyfriend is more eager about marrying me than I am about marrying him (he dragged me to lunch with his mother after dating for a week and proudly introduced me to her) and his friends frequently ask me to introduce them to German girls so they can date one as well. Dating and marrying a Korean isn't that difficult for extraverted girls with above average looks, though there are some factors that make it likelier, such as being able to speak Korean, wanting to live in Korea and having a vast knowledge of Korean culture, history and customs.

There was actually a time when my Korean boyfriend and I faced problems due to cultural barriers. Once, when we had been dating for perhaps a week, something bad happened that my boyfriend, despite knowing it might come, refused to tell me about beforehand only to then blame me that it happened and refuse to speak to me for an entire day. He was mad at me because I had not been able to catch his hints, had not been able to read his mind and had not expected the bad thing to happen myself.

Since then, I have learned to be more subtle, to be more perceptive and to pay more attention to things unsaid. I might not have the same sixth sense a Korean does yet, but I'm getting there, slowly and surely. I truly feel like dating him has already made me a better person - already I learned a difficult, but important aspect of Asian culture that has made me more observative and sensitive to the needs of others and the things that are left unvoiced, but are there nonetheless. I'm not saying dating a Korean will be easy, because it certainly is a different culture for most of us non-Koreans, but I personally feel the things you can learn just make it so much more rewarding, provided you truly want to learn and you truly respect the other's culture, no matter how weird it might seem to you occassionally.

By now, I have been able to catch similar subtle behavioural hints on quite a number of occassions; likewise, he has learned to gracefully accept my Western directness and openness and he is no longer irritated by anything I say.

Just liking the looks of Korean people might not be enough to make marriage possible, though - to make it truly work, girls will have to learn to be sensitive, respectful and tolerant. Some aspects of Korean culture are upsetting; some are downright disgusting; but still, if it's your spouse's, you will have to learn to accept it. It isn't easy, but it certainly is rewarding to me.
Not as open minded as you I hope.. It's from my expriences mind you I'm in my 30's BTW... Just like your expriences... You probably experiencing it right now... So you going to marry that Korean guy? Probably not... Soon as you finish your military or whatever business you have in KOREA you will leave... You want statistics too? You get all this from dating a guy for 1 month? :crazy:

Are you going to stay in Korea or is he going to live in USA? I bet you say that right now but eventually you will marry a "WHITE" guy... Interracial marriage is still a minority percentage... It will continue to be so... I know you just can't accept the truth.. you still want some statistics?

Request for dates? Probably want to exprience foreign women... But do most of them go through with marriage?

Globalization means we all work together it has nothing todo with interracial marriage...

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 11th, '06, 23:57

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:
CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
It's not everyone, it's just the people on d-addicts because they don't really know anything about korea (most of them) or japan. The same thing allegedly happened in Japan with japanese girls being fascinated by caucasian men. From what I heard their basis was the western movies/shows that we send them (and never watch ourselves of course lol).
See how media has huge impact on kids today? Especially the girls...

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2039
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Sep 12th, '06, 00:19

I may be jaded, but ALL men are trash, regardless of race. I'm trash as well, and I tell women they're doing me a huge favor by taking a chance with me. I just don't get this "I will only date _____ (fill in the race)" women. It's like dating based on a guy's horoscope sign, like they did in the 1970s.

If anything, dating based on race is a fetish. Plain and simple.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 12th, '06, 00:40

groink wrote:I may be jaded, but ALL men are trash, regardless of race. I'm trash as well, and I tell women they're doing me a huge favor by taking a chance with me. I just don't get this "I will only date _____ (fill in the race)" women. It's like dating based on a guy's horoscope sign, like they did in the 1970s.

If anything, dating based on race is a fetish. Plain and simple.

--- groink
I wouldn't say all men are trash... There are some good ones out there...

My culture is Korean first, American second... My values have been faded since I have lived in America for so long but I still have my identity in tact and I know who I am...

Guys dating other race is most likely a fetish or some experimenting of some sort.. I've had 4.5 years long interracial relationships before and I try to understand them but I don't even know what they're thinking or what they're trying to do.. How can you talk about marriage when our thoughts are so different... It's like trying to love a stranger that you can't really understand 100%... The connection is way off...

I'm not saying there aren't guys out there who really fall for love and actually click in a sense where they feel true love... but it's really hard to come by... most people marry just for financial reasons or because they don't want to be alone forever...
Last edited by marvelous on Sep 12th, '06, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Sep 12th, '06, 04:50

:lol this topic is funny. lol the korean wave is still pretty big. I can't tell the diff. between asian races. When I encounter an asian, I automatically assume they're chinese (unless I hear their accent if they have one) since where I live, most are chinese.

about the conservative view- what's the diff between that and other cultures? I know quite a few people that are like (not just asians). Personally, I think it's stupid. It maybe a comfort thing for the parents who don't really know the "other culture".
btw I'm for interracial partners :thumleft:

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 12th, '06, 11:52

marvelous wrote:
Not as open minded as you I hope.. It's from my expriences mind you I'm in my 30's BTW... Just like your expriences... You probably experiencing it right now... So you going to marry that Korean guy? Probably not... Soon as you finish your military or whatever business you have in KOREA you will leave... You want statistics too? You get all this from dating a guy for 1 month? :crazy:

Are you going to stay in Korea or is he going to live in USA? I bet you say that right now but eventually you will marry a "WHITE" guy... Interracial marriage is still a minority percentage... It will continue to be so... I know you just can't accept the truth.. you still want some statistics?

Request for dates? Probably want to exprience foreign women... But do most of them go through with marriage?

Globalization means we all work together it has nothing todo with interracial marriage...
Now you're starting to get annoying. I just LOVE it when people I have never spoken to have all these wonderful theories about me!! No wait, I don't...

My majors in University were all Asian-related, which necessarily means that I will have to have a connection to Asia or (preferably) live there for the rest of my professional life.

For the next few years, I plan on teaching in Korea.

My boyfriend and I have known each other for a long time before we started dating each other. I don't know whether I will marry him (of course right now my feeling stell me I will, but only time will tell) but I'm pretty sure it will eventually be an Asian guy. Asian culture is too big a part of my life seeing as how I have dedicated my professional career to these languages amd Asian sociology, so dating a "white" guy with little or limited appreciation for my interest and future jobs is out of the question for me. I would consider one with equal enthusiasm and genuine respect for Asian culture, but hey, I am living and will continue to live in ASIA - the chances of meeting an Asian man whom I love is many, many, MANY times greater than finding an expat man I click with instantly.

Also, what makes you think I'm American? I am German, born and raised, as I have mentioned in dozens of threads already. Just because I speak English well enough to teach it doesn't mean it's my first language - languages merely happen to be my passion, and after mastering English, Italian and French, I set out to learn those fascinating Asian languages and haven't been able to stop trying to learn them since. And I don't think it's so unlikely my boyfriend will eventually want to live in Germany (though I won't) - he studies German at university and has a similar appetite for learning new languages.

And, honey, it's definitely you who is having illusions here. When did I ever say interracial marriages were the norm? I have mentioned too many times that 5% of marriages in Korea now involve foreigners, exclusing the high number of Korean women who marry white Americans in the United States and not in Korea. 5% is, doubtlessly, a minority - but it is a high enough percentage to illustrate the growing trend. Just a few years earlier, the percentage was a lot lower. And that, my dear, is a
fact, and it will continue to remain being one whether you like it or not.

I don't even know what you are arguing against. You obviously hate interracial marriages, but that's your cup of coffee - it shouldn't blind you to the reality that statistics show that Korea is opening itself to foreigners due to globalization and the abortion of female embryos, which will result in a 128 Korean men for every 100 Korean women ratio in 2010. Whether you believe that interracial marriages make sense or not isn't the issue - that was thoroughly discussed in the interracial dating thread, in which, by the way, you got numerous examples of people living happily in interracial marriages and you got quite thrashed for your anti-miscenegationm propaganda. Still, I don't give a flying what you personally feel about these issues - I'll be happy as long as you stop theorizing about people you don't know and accept the truth that, yes, Korean men are marrying foreign women, and more Korean men still will marry foreign women next year and the year after. They will not stop marrying mostly Korean women for a long, long time and the Koreans will continue to exist as a distinct ethnic group, but interracial marriages will continue to flourish in Korea and will eventually become a serious minority group just as in all other countries all over the globe.

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 12th, '06, 21:16

Néa Vanille wrote:
marvelous wrote:
Not as open minded as you I hope.. It's from my expriences mind you I'm in my 30's BTW... Just like your expriences... You probably experiencing it right now... So you going to marry that Korean guy? Probably not... Soon as you finish your military or whatever business you have in KOREA you will leave... You want statistics too? You get all this from dating a guy for 1 month? :crazy:

Are you going to stay in Korea or is he going to live in USA? I bet you say that right now but eventually you will marry a "WHITE" guy... Interracial marriage is still a minority percentage... It will continue to be so... I know you just can't accept the truth.. you still want some statistics?

Request for dates? Probably want to exprience foreign women... But do most of them go through with marriage?

Globalization means we all work together it has nothing todo with interracial marriage...
Now you're starting to get annoying. I just LOVE it when people I have never spoken to have all these wonderful theories about me!! No wait, I don't...

My majors in University were all Asian-related, which necessarily means that I will have to have a connection to Asia or (preferably) live there for the rest of my professional life.

For the next few years, I plan on teaching in Korea.

My boyfriend and I have known each other for a long time before we started dating each other. I don't know whether I will marry him (of course right now my feeling stell me I will, but only time will tell) but I'm pretty sure it will eventually be an Asian guy. Asian culture is too big a part of my life seeing as how I have dedicated my professional career to these languages amd Asian sociology, so dating a "white" guy with little or limited appreciation for my interest and future jobs is out of the question for me. I would consider one with equal enthusiasm and genuine respect for Asian culture, but hey, I am living and will continue to live in ASIA - the chances of meeting an Asian man whom I love is many, many, MANY times greater than finding an expat man I click with instantly.

Also, what makes you think I'm American? I am German, born and raised, as I have mentioned in dozens of threads already. Just because I speak English well enough to teach it doesn't mean it's my first language - languages merely happen to be my passion, and after mastering English, Italian and French, I set out to learn those fascinating Asian languages and haven't been able to stop trying to learn them since. And I don't think it's so unlikely my boyfriend will eventually want to live in Germany (though I won't) - he studies German at university and has a similar appetite for learning new languages.

And, honey, it's definitely you who is having illusions here. When did I ever say interracial marriages were the norm? I have mentioned too many times that 5% of marriages in Korea now involve foreigners, exclusing the high number of Korean women who marry white Americans in the United States and not in Korea. 5% is, doubtlessly, a minority - but it is a high enough percentage to illustrate the growing trend. Just a few years earlier, the percentage was a lot lower. And that, my dear, is a
fact, and it will continue to remain being one whether you like it or not.

I don't even know what you are arguing against. You obviously hate interracial marriages, but that's your cup of coffee - it shouldn't blind you to the reality that statistics show that Korea is opening itself to foreigners due to globalization and the abortion of female embryos, which will result in a 128 Korean men for every 100 Korean women ratio in 2010. Whether you believe that interracial marriages make sense or not isn't the issue - that was thoroughly discussed in the interracial dating thread, in which, by the way, you got numerous examples of people living happily in interracial marriages and you got quite thrashed for your anti-miscenegationm propaganda. Still, I don't give a flying what you personally feel about these issues - I'll be happy as long as you stop theorizing about people you don't know and accept the truth that, yes, Korean men are marrying foreign women, and more Korean men still will marry foreign women next year and the year after. They will not stop marrying mostly Korean women for a long, long time and the Koreans will continue to exist as a distinct ethnic group, but interracial marriages will continue to flourish in Korea and will eventually become a serious minority group just as in all other countries all over the globe.
Not as annoying as you I hope... You act like interracial marraige is the norm... Well it's not... it will never be the norm... Get used to it... Only reason Koreans marrying other foreigners is because there are foreigners in Korea more than ever before... It's simple math/common sense...

Perhaps the Koreans who marry foreigners in America is because they live in America? :goggle: But I see more Korean couples here than interracial ones... Go figure.. . :salut:

I'm not for interracial marriages for MYSELF. I could care less if you marry interracial have kids that doesn't get accepted by either race.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 13th, '06, 12:25

marvelous wrote:[You act like interracial marraige is the norm... .
Are you sure you understand English?
Néa Vanille wrote:And, honey, it's definitely you who is having illusions here. When did I ever say interracial marriages were the norm? I have mentioned too many times that 5% of marriages in Korea now involve foreigners, exclusing the high number of Korean women who marry white Americans in the United States and not in Korea. 5% is, doubtlessly, a minority - but it is a high enough percentage to illustrate the growing trend.
Maybe I should try to phrase it simpler like I do for my 12-year-old students?

As for my reference to Korean women marrying American men in America, I was obviously referring to all those couples who meet in Korea and then move to the United States together. They are a minority, but they should probably account for yet another 1%. For a country that has been secluded for centuries, a 6% rate of international languages is an enormous number.

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 14th, '06, 02:47

Néa Vanille wrote:
marvelous wrote:[You act like interracial marraige is the norm... .
Are you sure you understand English?
Néa Vanille wrote:And, honey, it's definitely you who is having illusions here. When did I ever say interracial marriages were the norm? I have mentioned too many times that 5% of marriages in Korea now involve foreigners, exclusing the high number of Korean women who marry white Americans in the United States and not in Korea. 5% is, doubtlessly, a minority - but it is a high enough percentage to illustrate the growing trend.
Maybe I should try to phrase it simpler like I do for my 12-year-old students?

As for my reference to Korean women marrying American men in America, I was obviously referring to all those couples who meet in Korea and then move to the United States together. They are a minority, but they should probably account for yet another 1%. For a country that has been secluded for centuries, a 6% rate of international languages is an enormous number.
Oh could you phrase it simpler... :alcoholic:

1% my butt... Try like less than 1%... International languages? :goggle:

Hate to break it to you... Not many Koreans think like that unless they re "WHITE" washed or confused...

warlock110
Posts: 42
Joined: Sep 5th, '06, 02:25

Post by warlock110 » Sep 14th, '06, 15:05

marvelous wrote:
kotaeshiranaihito wrote:
CallaLillieszz wrote:why does everyone think that korean guys are the hottest guys on earth..... honestly there are good looking one like the stars and sadly looking like our normal people...... typically i think they are ok..... i prefer the tawainese guys.....kakakak
It's not everyone, it's just the people on d-addicts because they don't really know anything about korea (most of them) or japan. The same thing allegedly happened in Japan with japanese girls being fascinated by caucasian men. From what I heard their basis was the western movies/shows that we send them (and never watch ourselves of course lol).
See how media has huge impact on kids today? Especially the girls...
ya i do, this is why we even have this topic in the 1st place, some girl watch korean drama all day seeing all the hot guys on tv and wanted a korean boyfriend... silly girl hehe.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 14th, '06, 15:56

warlock110 wrote:
marvelous wrote:
kotaeshiranaihito wrote: It's not everyone, it's just the people on d-addicts because they don't really know anything about korea (most of them) or japan. The same thing allegedly happened in Japan with japanese girls being fascinated by caucasian men. From what I heard their basis was the western movies/shows that we send them (and never watch ourselves of course lol).
See how media has huge impact on kids today? Especially the girls...
ya i do, this is why we even have this topic in the 1st place, some girl watch korean drama all day seeing all the hot guys on tv and wanted a korean boyfriend... silly girl hehe.
You think that's bad influencing? I read in a new report that many korean girls refuse to date guys who's blood type is B, because according to some popular magazine or something, type B people have a really bad personality (I think it started in japan). Even after doctors, scholars, and pretty much anyone who studied medicine for like a day tells them that blood type has nothing to do with personality, they still believe in it.

From what I heard a lot of Asian's have a blood type of B. It was probably the most common blood type before westerners came to asia.

BTW, there actually is a korean drama made about a girl dating a blood type B person-and how everyone she knew was completely against it.

I wonder if it goes for only asians with blood type of B or all men of blood type B?

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 14th, '06, 17:50

marvelous wrote:
Néa Vanille wrote:
marvelous wrote:[You act like interracial marraige is the norm... .
Are you sure you understand English?
Néa Vanille wrote:And, honey, it's definitely you who is having illusions here. When did I ever say interracial marriages were the norm? I have mentioned too many times that 5% of marriages in Korea now involve foreigners, exclusing the high number of Korean women who marry white Americans in the United States and not in Korea. 5% is, doubtlessly, a minority - but it is a high enough percentage to illustrate the growing trend.
Maybe I should try to phrase it simpler like I do for my 12-year-old students?

As for my reference to Korean women marrying American men in America, I was obviously referring to all those couples who meet in Korea and then move to the United States together. They are a minority, but they should probably account for yet another 1%. For a country that has been secluded for centuries, a 6% rate of international languages is an enormous number.
Oh could you phrase it simpler... :alcoholic:

1% my butt... Try like less than 1%... International languages? :goggle:

Hate to break it to you... Not many Koreans think like that unless they re "WHITE" washed or confused...
Hopeless. *shakes head* Some people just can't accept the truth that 6% of international MARRIAGES, obviously (I don't take you serious enough anymore to actually re-read and correct my posts) is an enormous number for a country like Korea.

It's sad, really.

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2039
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Sep 14th, '06, 18:59

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:You think that's bad influencing? I read in a new report that many korean girls refuse to date guys who's blood type is B
Yes, this goes along with my comment earlier, where dating based on a physical attribute is totally ridiculous. Blood type, horoscope sign, race, age... Whatever happened to "He treats me well", "He's a nice guy", "He's confident", "He listens to me", "He believes in the same faith as I" and other things that SHOULD matter in a relationship?

I also agree with some of the "fetish" comments earlier. This isn't the first time that this "Korean men" topic has been brought up. When the Korean wave bullsh*t first arrived, several of the women at my Command were talking about marrying Korean men, the premiss being that they appear nice in these dramas. I then thought about the Korean men I've had the unexpected pleasure of running into throughout my lifetime, and I just shook my head and went on with my life. IMHO, Korean men are just like any other Asian men. And being in Hawaii - the melting pot of Asian cultures, I've run into all of them.

I could care less about people who narrow down their spouse choices based on a fixed criteria, and end up shrinking down the men population to single digits. On the flipside, I'm not going to make a statement like "I'm only going to date Japanese women", either to myself or publicly. If you're set on only dating Korean men, is it going to stop there? What if you're a manager; are you going to favor hiring a Korean man over other men? IMHO it is discrimination. It may appear innocent, cute and everything else, but when you boil it down, that's all it is: discrimination. I may be making a big deal out of this. But when you dream in your sleep, your true thoughts come out. Same thing with this t-shirt deal; if you publicly advertise this sort of nonsense, IMHO that's your true feelings - whether it is a joke or not.

--- groink

User avatar
newersumm
Posts: 119
Joined: May 3rd, '04, 19:21
Location: Midgar

Post by newersumm » Sep 14th, '06, 19:28

LOL.... why do you need that kind of tshirt?
Idnt kind of ....strange? to walk amongst people with id like korean bf tishirt? :O

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 14th, '06, 19:36

lol calm down groink.

I saw haylie duff wear a "boy beater" t shirt once and so far I've never heard of her abusing her dates-it would probably be all over the new if she did.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1449
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Sep 14th, '06, 19:56

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:lol calm down groink.

I saw haylie duff wear a "boy beater" t shirt once and so far I've never heard of her abusing her dates-it would probably be all over the new if she did.
The threat of further atttacks with a bar of Ivory soap wrapped in a towel prevent them from reporting her...
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 14th, '06, 21:14

I think the t-shirt is cute. It would be fun to wear just to see how people would react.

I once walked around Seoul with bunny ears of all things bought at Lotte World just for this reason - tons of people smiled at me and many said "bunny" or "rabbit" to me. I think a lot of Koreans were glad I was giving them a reason to talk to me.

I would wear that t-shirt once to see how people would react, but I personally don't think it would help too much when actually trying to get a boyfriend. I mean, if I saw a Korean guy with a "I want a German girlfriend" t-shirt, I would likely comment, but I wouldn't really consider dating a man with such narrow, superficial dating preferences.

sweet_azngal
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '05, 18:08

Post by sweet_azngal » Sep 14th, '06, 23:12

kotaeshiranaihito wrote: You think that's bad influencing? I read in a new report that many korean girls refuse to date guys who's blood type is B, because according to some popular magazine or something, type B people have a really bad personality (I think it started in japan). Even after doctors, scholars, and pretty much anyone who studied medicine for like a day tells them that blood type has nothing to do with personality, they still believe in it.

BTW, there actually is a korean drama made about a girl dating a blood type B person-and how everyone she knew was completely against it.
HAHA are you serious?? Honestly if i was a guy n the girl said she wont date me bc i was a blood type B i would stop liking her straight away hehehe

and the movie was my bf is type B starring Lee Dong Gun and his gf..cant rmb her name
i actually liked the movie

v1rgi3
Posts: 80
Joined: Nov 30th, '05, 11:31

Post by v1rgi3 » Sep 14th, '06, 23:21

holy cow.. wat's with the whole argument?

neways.. i wouldn't mind a korean boyfriend... hopefully he'll also learn some of his mom's cooking would be good.. lol

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 15th, '06, 03:24

v1rgi3 wrote:holy cow.. wat's with the whole argument?

neways.. i wouldn't mind a korean boyfriend... hopefully he'll also learn some of his mom's cooking would be good.. lol
Actually I can cook mean Kimchi Gooksu (noodles)... :whistling:

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 15th, '06, 03:30

Néa Vanille wrote:
marvelous wrote:
Néa Vanille wrote: Are you sure you understand English?
Maybe I should try to phrase it simpler like I do for my 12-year-old students?

As for my reference to Korean women marrying American men in America, I was obviously referring to all those couples who meet in Korea and then move to the United States together. They are a minority, but they should probably account for yet another 1%. For a country that has been secluded for centuries, a 6% rate of international languages is an enormous number.
Oh could you phrase it simpler... :alcoholic:

1% my butt... Try like less than 1%... International languages? :goggle:

Hate to break it to you... Not many Koreans think like that unless they re "WHITE" washed or confused...
Hopeless. *shakes head* Some people just can't accept the truth that 6% of international MARRIAGES, obviously (I don't take you serious enough anymore to actually re-read and correct my posts) is an enormous number for a country like Korea.

It's sad, really.
Not as hopeless as you I hope.. :scratch:

You can't accept that countries like Korea will never marry foreigners like they do in America or whatever... It's way below 1% in Korea... We already know what America influences is all about.. Kind of like the Japanese was to Korea... Just a different way of operating things... :whistling:

Far as Koreans marrying other koreans foreign ground... Probably not enough quality Koreans to go around, confusion, white washed., etc...

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Sep 15th, '06, 03:36

groink wrote:
kotaeshiranaihito wrote:You think that's bad influencing? I read in a new report that many korean girls refuse to date guys who's blood type is B
Yes, this goes along with my comment earlier, where dating based on a physical attribute is totally ridiculous. Blood type, horoscope sign, race, age... Whatever happened to "He treats me well", "He's a nice guy", "He's confident", "He listens to me", "He believes in the same faith as I" and other things that SHOULD matter in a relationship?

I also agree with some of the "fetish" comments earlier. This isn't the first time that this "Korean men" topic has been brought up. When the Korean wave bullsh*t first arrived, several of the women at my Command were talking about marrying Korean men, the premiss being that they appear nice in these dramas. I then thought about the Korean men I've had the unexpected pleasure of running into throughout my lifetime, and I just shook my head and went on with my life. IMHO, Korean men are just like any other Asian men. And being in Hawaii - the melting pot of Asian cultures, I've run into all of them.

I could care less about people who narrow down their spouse choices based on a fixed criteria, and end up shrinking down the men population to single digits. On the flipside, I'm not going to make a statement like "I'm only going to date Japanese women", either to myself or publicly. If you're set on only dating Korean men, is it going to stop there? What if you're a manager; are you going to favor hiring a Korean man over other men? IMHO it is discrimination. It may appear innocent, cute and everything else, but when you boil it down, that's all it is: discrimination. I may be making a big deal out of this. But when you dream in your sleep, your true thoughts come out. Same thing with this t-shirt deal; if you publicly advertise this sort of nonsense, IMHO that's your true feelings - whether it is a joke or not.

--- groink
Blood type B is kind of out there... Back stabbing material...

TYPE A shy, reserved, quiet

Type O outgoing, outspoken..

Blood type does play a role of how you interact with people...

User avatar
Dee_Chan^.^
Posts: 50
Joined: Dec 25th, '05, 09:25
Location: Sydney

Hey

Post by Dee_Chan^.^ » Sep 15th, '06, 07:11

If you come to Sydney there is alot of Korean guys willing to date any race..not that they are easy...but I guess they are more modern here..but I know that most of myKorean friends are sorta pressured or assume to meant to be goin out with another Korean But Korean guys are soooo nice and sweeeettt...i think that goes alogn with most asian guys and any guy for any matter!!!

But yeh Im asian and my parents say i can marry anyone but they assume I'm going to marry an asian cos they think it will be easier..and they are sorta traditional and say omg u need to learn hor to cook and clean cos how are u goin to get a husband!!

I love though how asian couples match clothing and even hairstyles or colour..they look so coordinated..Iv dated many asian boys and we are typical asian couple...but yeh I think any race will be fine and halfies are so cute..I want to marry a Mr. Darcy type..lol if anyone knows who mr Darcy is as in Pride and Prejudice..lol
The Han Namja & Koreas Lovable Sweetheart
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests