Is "childlikeness" really attractive for Korean gu

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
cuteangelika

Is "childlikeness" really attractive for Korean gu

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 12th, '06, 14:46

I've been watching Kdramas for quite some time now and I just noticed that most of the guys fall for the "childlike" ladies... (i dare not say childish since it's so negative). What i mean is, girls who are not just sassy but really childlike, such as in Bright Girl, Which star ar you from, Goong, Samsoon etc. Usually, the guy falls for the girl gradually andfalls for the "childlike/childish" characteristics. I asked my hubby if it was really appealing for men and he said, it's not, guys prefer mature women (in mind other than in body...)..

Ps. if a similar question was raised, please just merge it to that.. :) thanks!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 12th, '06, 17:56

Hmm... Childlike? I guess that's one way to put it. The "other girl" in most of the ones you mentioned are often more scheming, complicated, sophisticated.... etc.

Some qualities of the "childish" ones that men can find attractive include things like innocence, unpretentiousness, being forthright (not scheming, etc.), simplicity (read: honest, unassuming), naivete, etc.

Guys like all kinds of different women, and dramas tend to exxagerate the good vs. evil qualities, so you often see the simple, honest poor girl against the scheming, sophisticated rich or bad girl.
Cute and cuddly vs. cold and calculating beauty, blah blah.

Never know what one might find appealing, but a lot of men definitely like women with the "childlike" qualities you mentioned.

keiko001

Post by keiko001 » Aug 12th, '06, 18:45

I just wonder about this, too! I mean, as I know, many women in Japan like this burikko style, it´s when women in their 20th act like 15 years old girls. Not only they snigger that way, and act cute, they also wear clothes like teenagers! And this artifical-childish behavior is very popular there.
Also the same with yamato-nadeshiko, the women idol for men and women. Japanese men are much more interested in those "yamato-nadeshiko-women", which are not only pretty and smart, also strong-willed. To sum, a woman who is the housewife, geisha and a samurai!
So, after all, I think it´s nearly the same as in Korea. Every boy/man has just his own imagines of a girl/woman!
It´s only youth culture. And since you talked about dramas, well, they are only dramas. Many of them are just made up.
You know, i´ll never understand those guys in their 18th~20th, which are interested in such child-like girls!!!!

bean

Post by bean » Mar 4th, '07, 13:20

U r absolutely correct..

FOR EXAMPLE ,.... is drama like my girl, a love to kill, wonderful life, love so divine, sweet 18, full house and lots more cant list all.. :-)

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Mar 4th, '07, 15:48

I thinks it's because most of these dramas are aimed at women, and most women wouldn't be attracted to perfect female leads, the female lead has to be sympathetic. have you noticed that most Japanese anime, manga & drama have male leads who are somehow jerks? Like Hideki from chobits of Densha from Densha Otoko, and the female leads are angelic

Also, the other woman usually has evil charactersitics too. Childlike girls are usually attractive to guys because it makes guys feel manly, they may thinkl "this girl is stupid or weak and needs our protection" or something like that.
Juts my thoughts :)

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Mar 4th, '07, 18:43

I've been watching Kdramas for quite some time now and I just noticed that most of the guys fall for the "childlike" ladies... (i dare not say childish since it's so negative). What i mean is, girls who are not just sassy but really childlike, such as in Bright Girl, Which star ar you from, Goong, Samsoon etc. Usually, the guy falls for the girl gradually andfalls for the "childlike/childish" characteristics. I asked my hubby if it was really appealing for men and he said, it's not, guys prefer mature women (in mind other than in body...)..
Now you brought it up... Yeah... except "Sam Soon"... "Samsoon" child like? I thought the guy who is "childlike"... and samsoon is just bitter woman... :lol BTW, not all Kdramas portrays "childlike" gals... I have watched some that are not.

Anyway... I have seen guys, close to 30, like "childlike" girls (I mean kiddy) ... So, not all guys prefer mature women!

I thinks it's because most of these dramas are aimed at women, and most women wouldn't be attracted to perfect female leads, the female lead has to be sympathetic. have you noticed that most Japanese anime, manga & drama have male leads who are somehow jerks? Like Hideki from chobits of Densha from Densha Otoko, and the female leads are angelic

Wow, you hit the right point! :cheers: Can I say those Kdramas may be aim for younger viewers? I don't seem to like those dramas with "childlike" lead actress... for some reasons.

jukoh

Post by jukoh » Mar 23rd, '07, 05:26

Mature women who do not seem excited over the simple things that a guy does for them is definitely not a good ego-booster, so I really doubt a guy would prefer mature women over sweet, cutesy women. Like aNToK commented, the qualities portrayed are forthright, unpretentious, naive, etc.. vs the scheming woman.