What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
xl0lxl0lx

What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 10th, '05, 05:08

I didn't think there were bad ones. But then I saw Thousand Years of Love. The plot wasn't so bad but the acting--just horrible. Everyone was expressionless. The movie dragged on and on and on, so repeatitive. They could have completely left out episodes 2-19 out of the movie. I wanted to stop watching but I thought it would get better. It didn't. The worst is seeing Yuri ( although she was okay in Prince's First Love), she was so annoying everytime she'd stare blankly and one tear falls. How many times did that happen? I can't even count. Are there other dramas as bad as this one to avoid?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 10th, '05, 05:23

I developed an allergy for Sung Yuri and the skinny guy(not CTH, skinny? Ha Ha Ha...IT was Kim something-something) she's with in Prince's First Love( the current worst drama I have ever seen).

I thought I'll give her another chance so I've been compiling thousand yrs of love, but after reading ur post, I'm having second thoughts now. :unsure:

Oh, I forgot Summer Scent....worst worst worstttttt drama, PFL entertained me for a couple of episodes, but this one is brutal--from the first ep to the last episode I've seen (I didn't finish it)

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Aug 10th, '05, 06:24

I have to say it's Ireland. I watched it because of Hyun Bin, but it sucked. The other guy and Lee Na Young irritated me a lot. They may be good actors, but the story :crazy:

yakitori

Post by yakitori » Aug 10th, '05, 06:35

I thought it was Summer Scent until I watched What Happened in Bali.... Haha, I can't believe i actually finished watching it thinking it would get better.... :D I never thought there could be bad Korean drama until WHIB. If WHIB was my first K drama it would probably be my last. :lol

azra

Post by azra » Aug 10th, '05, 06:46

To me the worst drama ever is Prince's First Love. Got really annoyed when he shouted Jin Yu Bin all the time :crazy:

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Aug 10th, '05, 06:53

I've only seen a few ones, but my worst k-drama ever was Thousand Years of Love. Argh! What a waste of bandwith and time spent in downloading. Autumn Tale was my worst kdrama for about two years before TYOL came along....

Amalthea

Re: What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Post by Amalthea » Aug 10th, '05, 09:21

xl0lxl0lx wrote:I didn't think there were bad ones. But then I saw Thousand Years of Love. The plot wasn't so bad but the acting--just horrible. Everyone was expressionless. The movie dragged on and on and on, so repeatitive. They could have completely left out episodes 2-19 out of the movie. I wanted to stop watching but I thought it would get better. It didn't. The worst is seeing Yuri ( although she was okay in Prince's First Love), she was so annoying everytime she'd stare blankly and one tear falls. How many times did that happen? I can't even count. Are there other dramas as bad as this one to avoid?
My thoughts exactly!! In addition, IMO the costumes looked really tacky too, ...amazingly tacky. But like you said, the worst aspects of this drama are the expressionless faces and the fake tears. Sorry, but they do look incredibly fake to me. I couldn't get into the series, stopped after ep 1 already.

but to answer your question.. hmm, no I can't think of a worse kdrama than 1000.y.o.l.
"all about eve" maybe. couldn't watch more than ep1 either

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 10th, '05, 09:23

Honesty. For some reason, even CJW couldn't save this one...

Now for good dramas with endings that sucked.....

Hudsonn

Post by Hudsonn » Aug 10th, '05, 09:32

I like so many kdramas and only few lets me down but Propose was so bad that I didn't even finish it.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Aug 10th, '05, 10:27

I liked all k-dramas I watched hehe the only one I stopped watching after only 1 ep was Winter Sonata but I guess I'll give it one more try coz I heard from my friend it wasn't that bad :P

c'mon guys! Summer Scent is not that bad. I watched it till the end and I must say I kinda liked it..it's not the best drama I've seen, tho :lol the story is soo unrealistic but it makes the series really funny :P the big plus it SSH (:wub: ) and that cute girl hmm don't remember her name but they were a great couple there.

oh dear, is PFL so bad? I've just started downloading this series but haven't watch any ep yet. The main reason is CTH hehe but maybe I should give it some more thought :unsure:
jaycee05 wrote:I developed an allergy for Sung Yuri and the skinny guy(not CTH, skinny? Ha Ha Ha...IT was Kim something-something) she's with in Prince's First Love( the current worst drama I have ever seen).
I guess you mean Kim Nam-jin

Willx24601

Post by Willx24601 » Aug 10th, '05, 10:38

i thought Loving You was a waste of time...

i have it on DVD, and i actually liked the first episode (it was interesting!) but that bitchy girl... grr... made me want to **** slap her... i was so irritated that i actually watched 3 discs (episodes 7 - 12) in my dvd player at the fast forward speed of 2X... LOL... so basically i got 6 episodes done in like 3 hours hehe :P

i might do that from now on, watch it at 2X to save myself the time of them phasing out by looking at useless things... LOL...

i hear spring days was "the worst drama" according to my cousin...

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Aug 10th, '05, 10:59

i'm pretty picky on what i download, so the kdramas i've seen so far i've enjoyed at some level. Save the Last Dance for Me was at the bottom of my list, despite me being a big fan of Eugene. but after seeing episode 5, the show flew several notches up, and i'm now eargerly awaiting the edited subs :D

so the bottom of my list now is my first kdrama... Autumn Tale. back when i saw it in 2000 i thought it was awesome, but apparently not awesome enough to suck me into the kdrama world (it wasn't until Phoenix in 2004 that lead me to this site and made me a d-addict haha). i tried earlier this week to revisit Autumn... it didn't age well so my visit ended prematurely. it's so darn boring the 2nd time around, and compared to the stuff i've seen recently. totally cancels my thoughts of seeing the "sequels", especially since i see Summer being bashed all over the place haha

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Aug 10th, '05, 12:46

러브letter! Its worse than sleeping 필스.

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Aug 10th, '05, 14:20

파리의연인, aka Lovers in Paris, or Romance in Paris, or whatever it's called. God, that was awful. It started off somewhat interesting, but it just got SO boring. First K-drama I never finished.

Although I have to admit, I've never seen Summer Scent or Love Letter which seems to be at the top of the list.

LittleTrangie

Post by LittleTrangie » Aug 10th, '05, 16:40

Eh, the worst kdrama I have probably seen was Attic Cat. I just didn't like it..and I thought that towards the end it got really draggy. I only finished this drama because I had already downloaded all the eps. I fast fowarded through the last couple of episodes.

Killachu

Post by Killachu » Aug 10th, '05, 16:55

I agree with littletrangie, attic cat was just so boring and draggy. even from the beginning it wasn't all that great. all the episodes are just like each other, repetitive and boring. i only got to about ep 10 before i skipped to last episode and fast forwarded

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Aug 10th, '05, 17:00

I have a long list...

-Attic Cat ( Main actress doesn't know how to act... + extremly boring )

-Winter sonata (/Plot was super super super amazing but the lead female actress ruined it all + the continuos microphone droppin' )

-Stained Glass (Booring.. but i still made some ep' subs so that people can go on watchin it :mrgreen: )

-Love Letter ( I kept fallin asleep )

-Damo ( Just wasn't interesting enough.. )

-Oh Pil Seung! ( It was actually a good kdrama but the lead female actress sucked. )

-All About eve ( Boring plot.. )

-The Sandglass (Wow.. extremly boring..)

-Sad love story (First few eps were good.. but then it became boring..)

I guess i'm kinda picky.. but just incase someone thinks i don't like kdrama ( well i do.. ) my favourites would be: Let's go to school sang doo, sweet 18, thousand years of love, misa, my love patzzi, stairway to heaven, All in, love rollercoaster, some like it hot.

Umm, why do everyone dislike thousand years of love!??!? i love it but maan, do they cry waay too much lol..

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 10th, '05, 17:03

i have to say Winter Sonata. MY GOSH i painstakingly watched it up to episode 15, and i just could not finish watching it. and i took all that time downloading all the episodes :glare:

but in reply to some posts before me, i actually enjoyed lovers in paris, although that brother guy was annoying me (although i did like him in Sweet 18 ). it was just that the ending was a little weird, i didn`t get it until i read some spoilers after i finished watching it :lol

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 10th, '05, 23:05

P0KEY wrote:i have to say Winter Sonata. MY GOSH i painstakingly watched it up to episode 15, and i just could not finish watching it. and i took all that time downloading all the episodes :glare:
My words exactly... only drama i couldnt finish was winter sonata ... im probably one of the biggest bashers of winter sonata out there b/c i hate it so much... every hour i spend TRYING to finish it felt like 5 hours and i was like "god damnit how many more episodes do i have?" yes very sad... ive seen other bad ones but for now ill leave it at WINTER SONATA IS THE WORST... as for summer scent i think its just a matter of if you think the plot is actually possible... if you think it is then youll like it... if you think its impossible and stupid... then more likely or not youll hate the drama... i liked it then again if son ye jin wasnt in it maybe i wouldnt have like it so much...

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 11th, '05, 02:24

nikeg wrote:
P0KEY wrote:i have to say Winter Sonata. MY GOSH i painstakingly watched it up to episode 15, and i just could not finish watching it. and i took all that time downloading all the episodes :glare:
My words exactly... only drama i couldnt finish was winter sonata ... im probably one of the biggest bashers of winter sonata out there b/c i hate it so much... every hour i spend TRYING to finish it felt like 5 hours and i was like "god damnit how many more episodes do i have?" yes very sad... ive seen other bad ones but for now ill leave it at WINTER SONATA IS THE WORST... as for summer scent i think its just a matter of if you think the plot is actually possible... if you think it is then youll like it... if you think its impossible and stupid... then more likely or not youll hate the drama... i liked it then again if son ye jin wasnt in it maybe i wouldnt have like it so much...
i totally agree with you with the watching thing... each episode would just drag on and on with no point.... and when there WAS a point, they would totally exaggerate it, and everything... and i felt no connection between the leads (well, only in the beginning, i truly enjoyed the ending, but it left me in tears....) and their friends were just annoying. and to think that i spent a lot of time pleading for seeds when i downloaded it, too :glare:

as for summer scent, i watched that first, before winter sonata. i kind of enjoyed it, but toward the end, it got pretty draggy. summer scent was the only reason i tried winter sonata, cuz i heard it was a seasons thing... hehe, i wonder why there isn`t spring XD

but i`m currently trying to download autumn tale, try my luck again, although i failed at winter sonata :-)

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Aug 11th, '05, 09:48

jaycee05 wrote:I developed an allergy for Sung Yuri and the skinny guy(not CTH, skinny? Ha Ha Ha...IT was Kim something-something) she's with in Prince's First Love( the current worst drama I have ever seen).

I thought I'll give her another chance so I've been compiling thousand yrs of love, but after reading ur post, I'm having second thoughts now. :unsure:

Oh, I forgot Summer Scent....worst worst worstttttt drama, PFL entertained me for a couple of episodes, but this one is brutal--from the first ep to the last episode I've seen (I didn't finish it)
prince's first love is the WORST KDRAMA EVERRRRRR! i was tempted to d/l it here but it was aired on tv before i started d/ling it..and thank God for that...what a waste of time...i really-really hated it..hate the actors, hate the acting, hate the plot, simply hated it..what were they thinking? they should have just shoot three wooden planks next to each other and those plank would be much-much livelier than those three actors...gosh!

thousand years of love is not far off either..sure..its has its good moments but song yuri's same facial expression, i'm happy, i cry..i'm angry, i cry, i'm hungry, i cry, i'm sad, i cry..so ji sup's whiny character and that kim guy who keeps getting his ass whipped...kinda irritates me...

blehbear

Post by blehbear » Aug 11th, '05, 10:02

Haven't seen many, but i couldn't finish Attic Cat...boring.

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 11th, '05, 10:50

I have to agree about Winter Sonata. It really dragged on... and on... and on. The characters were boring as heck. And anyone remember that bit where he gets hit by the truck? It seemed to take forever. GET HIT ALREADY :D But, I loved the scenary and some of the music ,so that made up for it in part! ;)

Hmm what else is there... Love Story in Harvard also dragged on. It was pretty good up until about Episode 8, then it just got boring ... fast.

Gny

Post by Gny » Aug 20th, '05, 17:34

I loved most of the Korean dramas I have watched (not that many), but I couldn't stand Lovers in Paris. The main actress made funny expressions with her mouth and eyes and acted dumb. She exaggerated some scenes. The guys were ok, but the plot was kind of boring.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Aug 20th, '05, 17:52

Gny wrote:I loved most of the Korean dramas I have watched (not that many), but I couldn't stand Lovers in Paris. The main actress made funny expressions with her mouth and eyes and acted dumb. She exaggerated some scenes. The guys were ok, but the plot was kind of boring.
THANK YOU Gny!!! I though I was the only person on this planet who cant stand her.I mean no matter how much I tried I couldnt watch that drama because of her :roll

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 20th, '05, 17:56

i don't think i've seen a k drama i didn't like yet. but i sure appreciate you guys pointing out the ones to avoid. :lol

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Aug 20th, '05, 18:19

WroW wrote:
Gny wrote:I loved most of the Korean dramas I have watched (not that many), but I couldn't stand Lovers in Paris. The main actress made funny expressions with her mouth and eyes and acted dumb. She exaggerated some scenes. The guys were ok, but the plot was kind of boring.
THANK YOU Gny!!! I though I was the only person on this planet who cant stand her.I mean no matter how much I tried I couldnt watch that drama because of her :roll
hah :lol also feel the same way, Romance in paris i just couldn't stand, but there was one movie that she was in that i really enjoyed, it was called Marrying the Mafia
Last edited by kazuki on Aug 20th, '05, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Aug 20th, '05, 18:20

Here is my never ever watching again list:

1. Loving You - the ending was stupid, I didn't even know it ended til I played the last disc and found it was only the credits
2. Summer Scent - i was very annoyed with son ye jin's frizzy hair and ditzy personality
3. Papa - too many flashbacks (i am a BYJ lover so this is the only reason why i watched it)
4. M - the scariest part about this dvd is the front cover
5. Romance in Paris - the ending was retarded. the only good thing about this drama is lee dong gun

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 21st, '05, 08:11

1. Stained Glass
2. Attic Cat
3. Summer Scent

I wouldn't say those dramas are bad, because each had moments and/or a good-looking cast that made it worth watching. What sucked about them was the fact that I found myself fast-forwarding through more than a few times throughout the drama. When I start doing that, it means I'm really bored.

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Aug 21st, '05, 08:46

KrystalHeart wrote: 4. M - the scariest part about this dvd is the front cover
:rofl:

I must agree that Thousand years of Love was quite bad. I downloaded the first ep and the acting and the effects were SOOO bad I couldn't download anymore. And the fighting. OMG. :blink

Others that I couldn't finish:
Attic Cat
Autumn Tale - the beginning was good IMO, but kept dragging on and on and on
Summer Scent - the thought the first 6 episodes were good. Kind of sucked after that.
Prince's First Love - Looked interesting. Turned out to be uninteresting.
Stairway to Heaven - Couldn't watch it for some reason.

il_mare

Post by il_mare » Aug 21st, '05, 14:31

It used to be Summer Scent...it was really bad, but recently,,,,,,I just saw 10 episodes of Only You, and it beats Summer Scent hands down!

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 21st, '05, 16:29

i totally agree with you guys on Summer Scent.. the beginning was superb, but then it dragged on and on and on and on like the energizer bunny... i felt tired after watching it.. same with winter sonata :glare:

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 21st, '05, 16:46

I liked Summer Scent (the bg music gave me a nice feeling), LOVED winter sonata. Autumn tale is so overrated though.

Love letter was goodin the beginning, but then it dragged like hell. Bali was ok, though ha ji won annoyed the hell out of me. I stuck around for the infamous ending, and well....I liked it.

THE WORST kdrama I ever saw was one about some sisters who had a father, who took care of everything for them. Then all of a sudden their dead mother shows up yelling at their father to be more harsh with those spoiled brats (wtf is that?). The sister's male lead BF's annoyed the hell out of me, the sisters (i think there were 3 or 4?) annoyed the heck out of me!
But that was an old drama, dunno what it's called.

calla9

Post by calla9 » Aug 21st, '05, 16:50

At first, i thought "thousand of love" was interesting cause i would like to see how someone lived in ancient time can manage her life in the modern world... however, the plot was so boring and acting is poor. I fast forward the whole thing till the end to see how she would get back to her world or will she able to live in the modern world.

"Emperor of the Sea", I enjoyed the series in the beginning, love to watch when they were kids all the way till the main character escaped from prison. I don't get why they choice an old man to act in his late 20s. This man is in his 40-50s. Does that make sense to you guys? It sure isn't a female film and not sure if guys would like to watch the whole serie talk about trading business.

Attic Cat, the female characters are so ugly to stand watching the whole series.

Something happened in Bali, I can't stand the main female's characterist. And she isn't pretty, and her personality is poor. however, that's the only point in making me continue the series. Cause usually main character has the outstanding personality, pretty and at least lovable. Also, every series always the two main characters falls for each other or should i said, that in most korean series, the girl falls for the poor guy and ignored the handsome rich man. WHIB is different. Still, i can't stand watching the girl, but it's also the reason why the series is unqiue.

Ireland is boring. However, the plot is unqiue about a girl raised in Ireland and returns to her homeland. But another sister and brother in love story. I like the plot but i don't like how the movie was filmed, not entertaining to the audience.

Ok I hope this helps. Enjoys!!!

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Aug 21st, '05, 16:56

I was extremely disappointed with Sad Sonata. Not only did they make my favorite lisping heartthrob so damned ugly, Kim Hee Sun can't act. The sad scenes were overdone, and the ending was simply... out of nowhere.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 21st, '05, 16:58

people are naming what happened in bali, save the last dance for me and so on, two of the best dramas ever, haha i wont read more pages in this thread ;) i know everyone got their opinion, but people calling such dramas "WORST" really bugs me :(

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 21st, '05, 17:01

what happened in bali i think is the worst drama i've seen so far. i know that ha ji won is hot and all, but what did they liked about her character that it had to end that way. i think the ending was very disappointing.

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Aug 21st, '05, 17:03

bugsie wrote:what happened in bali i think is the worst drama i've seen so far. i know that ha ji won is hot and all, but what did they liked about her character that it had to end that way. i think the ending was very disappointing.
muahahaha, I'm tempted to vote for what happened in bali now, just to see it and find out if it really is as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 21st, '05, 17:07

aisu_kurimu wrote:
bugsie wrote:what happened in bali i think is the worst drama i've seen so far. i know that ha ji won is hot and all, but what did they liked about her character that it had to end that way. i think the ending was very disappointing.
muahahaha, I'm tempted to vote for what happened in bali now, just to see it and find out if it really is as bad as you guys are making it out to be.
i hope i'm not spoiling anything. :roll

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 21st, '05, 17:42

aisu_kurimu wrote:
I think the ending is great, its a real shocker, and what he did didnt surprise me as things developed between them, they drove him crazy. great memorable ending ^^ and please, you are not the first one to call it "a really bad drama" because you didnt like the last minutes, quite dumb :blink

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Aug 21st, '05, 18:03

Hmm... Romance, for some reason your sig just seems naked....

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Aug 21st, '05, 18:17

Took me 2 years to finish Winter Sonata. It was boring and I didn't like the entire cast. Took me 3 years to finally give up on Autumn Tale. I saw several eps and I couldn't take it so I just delete the whole damn series. I used to love Korean Entertainment then I noticed a trend. I gave up on Kdramas...too long, repetative and predictable.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Aug 21st, '05, 18:32

cgozun wrote:Took me 2 years to finish Winter Sonata. It was boring and I didn't like the entire cast. Took me 3 years to finally give up on Autumn Tale. I saw several eps and I couldn't take it so I just delete the whole damn series. I used to love Korean Entertainment then I noticed a trend. I gave up on Kdramas...too long, repetative and predictable.
You should really give Resurrection a watch then...I was and am still am totally amazed by this drama. Everyone, right down to the minor characters were superb.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Aug 21st, '05, 18:50

creidesca wrote:
cgozun wrote:Took me 2 years to finish Winter Sonata. It was boring and I didn't like the entire cast. Took me 3 years to finally give up on Autumn Tale. I saw several eps and I couldn't take it so I just delete the whole damn series. I used to love Korean Entertainment then I noticed a trend. I gave up on Kdramas...too long, repetative and predictable.
You should really give Resurrection a watch then...I was and am still am totally amazed by this drama. Everyone, right down to the minor characters were superb.
Or try with this
1. Full House - funny and enjoyable ^^
2. Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
3. My Name is Kim Sam Soon
4. Princess Lulu

Me too, I don't like Winter Sonata and Autumn Tale too.
I just watched the first 3 episode and I jump quick to the last episode.
I think, I didn't miss anything :P
I was so happy, when I finished it :P

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Aug 21st, '05, 18:55

I have had Full House and MISA sitting on my HD for awhile. I guess I'll try Full House first since you've mentioned it.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Aug 21st, '05, 19:02

cgozun wrote:I have had Full House and MISA sitting on my HD for awhile. I guess I'll try Full House first since you've mentioned it.
MISA is good too :)
I won't spoilt you, but uhmm .. something is bothering me in that drama.

I hope, You will enjoy watching Full House ^_^

meeque

Post by meeque » Aug 21st, '05, 19:22

wow....so many dramas are on the never to watch, and worst ever list.... and the worst thing is that i have most of those dramas unwatched, waiting for me to watch and/or finish up the series...

but i think the following are really not my type of kdramas:
spring day (really really boring, and probably my worst ever kdrama)
autum tale (which i don't plan to finish, cuz it's quite boring and sad)
what happened in bali (can't stand the male lead, totally annoys me (the rich one))
hur jun (the characters aren't appealing at all, and the colors of the series is so dull, which makes it really boring, and the series is way too long)

khristine

Post by khristine » Aug 22nd, '05, 02:00

ive seen some posts here saying what happened in bali as the worst drama.. my gosh!! for me what happened in bali is the best series ever!! better than full house, attic cat, sweet 18, autumn..winter..summer sequel..blah..blah..etc.. my vote for the worst goes to stained glass..

--just my opinion--[/b]

rlynxen

Post by rlynxen » Aug 22nd, '05, 02:38

Love Letter. I tried to suck it up til the end just because of Jo Hyun Jae. But I skipped a lot during the last couple episodes. Funny though, for me.. What Happened in Bali is one of my favorites.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Aug 22nd, '05, 02:45

i think all romantic comedy korean entertainment. Everybody loves them, but I hate them. However, i love serious ones..they're the best.

Templar

Post by Templar » Aug 22nd, '05, 03:20

I couldn't believe all the hype for FULL HOUSE. Was 10 out of the 16 episodes the two of them yelling about who is going to clean and cook sh*t. My biggest dillema was deciding which of the two of them I would slap silly first. Finding a Kdrama with even an ounce of originality is rapidly becomming an exercise in futility.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 22nd, '05, 03:28

Romance wrote:
aisu_kurimu wrote:
I think the ending is great, its a real shocker, and what he did didnt surprise me as things developed between them, they drove him crazy. great memorable ending ^^ and please, you are not the first one to call it "a really bad drama" because you didnt like the last minutes, quite dumb :blink
dude, the thread is about the worst drama each of us had seen. it's on a personal level.

i agree, there were great scenes, but there are more dull moments. and i'm not judging it only by the ending, i just emphasized it, because as you have also said, it's quite memorable.

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 22nd, '05, 03:42

I wouldn't really say the worst k-drama... I'm actually Ok with the thousand years of Love.. probably because I'm a big So Ji Sub's fan :wub: ... I watch it for him.. extremely disappointed with the ending... it's like nothing is resolved... after all like 20 episode :x ... but as long as I saw SJS... i'm ok..hehhehehe
I would say the worst for me, just because I don't really want to finish watching it are Winter Sonata and Summer Scent... I had it for more than a year... not planning on finishing it soon... Just too dragging... I don't really have the patience for it !! Fr me, nothing special... specially I'm not really a fan of the actors in those series.... :-(

I have had Full House and MISA sitting on my HD for awhile. I guess I'll try Full House first since you've mentioned it.
Wow... sitting on your HD?? MISA??? :O MISA is one of the BEST K-drama out there... You're missing a lot.. I would suggest that you watch it right away.. It's definitely worth you time :D

cloud78

Post by cloud78 » Aug 22nd, '05, 04:09

My Worst drama is "What Happened in Bali ?", the story is too boring and draggy.

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Aug 22nd, '05, 06:44

Lil_Bubot wrote:I wouldn't really say the worst k-drama... I'm actually Ok with the thousand years of Love.. probably because I'm a big So Ji Sub's fan :wub: ... I watch it for him.. extremely disappointed with the ending... it's like nothing is resolved... after all like 20 episode :x ... but as long as I saw SJS... i'm ok..hehhehehe
I would say the worst for me, just because I don't really want to finish watching it are Winter Sonata and Summer Scent... I had it for more than a year... not planning on finishing it soon... Just too dragging... I don't really have the patience for it !! Fr me, nothing special... specially I'm not really a fan of the actors in those series.... :-(

Wow... sitting on your HD?? MISA??? :O MISA is one of the BEST K-drama out there... You're missing a lot.. I would suggest that you watch it right away.. It's definitely worth you time :D
just wonder,what is MISA :mrgreen:

Lover in Paris is the worst drama i've ever seen,so boring,and the main character(forget what's her name)acted so bad,and the thing that makes me hate her more is her...mouth:glare:

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 22nd, '05, 06:48

Gi-Ma-Mi wrote: just wonder,what is MISA :mrgreen:
the english title is "I'm sorry, I Love You"

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Aug 22nd, '05, 14:11

Templar, I agree with you. I've enjoyed serious K and J Dramas much more than the romantic comedies where most everyone acts VERY b*tchy and complains all the time and have these little petty fights which make up 3/4 of the whole drama. It might be just me, but I certainly hope people like that don't exist in this world.

On topic: I still haven't found a k-drama that can top TYOL in my Worst K-Dramas List. Stained Glass comes second. It was so good up until the point where LDG and KHN kissed and it all went downhill from there.

knn

Post by knn » Aug 22nd, '05, 16:10

Dramas I didn't like are:

Lovers In Paris (no offense to LIP fans) :-(
Snowman
Stained Glass
Island Village Teacher
Stained Glass
Spring Day ( its great initially but it became boring after episode 4)
Summer Scent
Winter Sonata

missnoy

Post by missnoy » Aug 22nd, '05, 18:41

I couldn't stand Winter Sonata - WAY too draggy... Only watched up to 3 episodes... Boring...
Love Letter - Watched it only for JHJ, but I couldn't finish it... ugh... :pale:

apr238

Post by apr238 » Aug 22nd, '05, 18:50

To me...."Loveholic" . I find myself deleting eps from my dvr without watching them. I know alot of people like Kangta b'cos he's a singer and all but.....the show leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 23rd, '05, 03:28

Gi-Ma-Mi wrote:
Lil_Bubot wrote:I wouldn't really say the worst k-drama... I'm actually Ok with the thousand years of Love.. probably because I'm a big So Ji Sub's fan :wub: ... I watch it for him.. extremely disappointed with the ending... it's like nothing is resolved... after all like 20 episode :x ... but as long as I saw SJS... i'm ok..hehhehehe

just wonder,what is MISA :mrgreen:

Lover in Paris is the worst drama i've ever seen,so boring,and the main character(forget what's her name)acted so bad,and the thing that makes me hate her more is her...mouth:glare:
Yeah! MISA is "I'm Sorry, I Love YOU" with So JI Sub.. It's an awesome k-Drama.. Definitely one of the BEST!!
I actually like Lover's in Paris :) I've seen worst... :D I guess it's all about personal taste..
I'm glad that I'm the only one who doesn't like Winer Sonata and Summer Scent...

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:21

these are some of the kdramas that i wish i didn't watch

prince's first love (annoying...extremely annoying, left a pretty bad aftertaste)
snowman (just didn't like it)
attic cat (the lead actress is too unappealing and she can't act either, if they want to cast an ugly actress, fine by me but at least choose someone who can actually act)
thousand years of love (boring, i watch all the epis, hoping that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, well apparently all the utility guys were on strike, well,well, well what a coincidence, sung yuri and kim nam jin again)
winter sonata (this one is too draggy, lost interest after a few epis, still can 't figure out why people would go gaga over BYJ, it's not like he's a hearthrob or anything)

i haven's watch what happened in bali so i have no opinion on it, some of you guys are so against it, but some love it, i'm not about to dl it though because ha ji won turn me off..

Jules

Post by Jules » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:48

I dont get..
My name is Kim Sam Soon..
it was so popular but it wasnt really dat fun o__O;;;;;
tons of KSS lovers but.. i dont.. yeah.. weird meh

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 23rd, '05, 09:18

Maybe its just the reality feeling to the show in the restaurant :P

AND ALL DEM CAKES!

tudaobietbuon

Post by tudaobietbuon » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:28

gotta say Spring Days .. start off pretty good...ended so badly ... gosh...hate it so much

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:45

Jules wrote:I dont get..
KSS was great.The only problem I see with KSS are the high expectations that build up after the hype.But still the first Kdrama after MISA with interesting characters.

serenad

Post by serenad » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:51

Worst??!!!......First Love with Bae Young Joon. I think this was made years before Winter Sonata.
40 episodes of absolute torture!!!

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:52

WroW wrote:
KSS was great.The only problem I see with KSS are the high expectations that build up after the hype.But still the first Kdrama after MISA with interesting characters.
yeah.. i think MNKSS is a bit overrated. but i think it's still a good drama. but not as good as MiSa though. but they are in different genres, but in the romantic comedy genre i think the bests are still Full House or Attic Cat. but in heavy dramas, nothing can beat MiSa. i guess it'll gonna take some time to match or to beat MiSa in the heavy kdrama genre.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:54

bugsie wrote:
WroW wrote:
yeah.. i think MNKSS is a bit overrated. but i think it's still a good drama. but not as good as MiSa though. but they are in different genres, but in the romantic comedy genre i think the bests are still Full House or Attic Cat. but in heavy dramas, nothing can beat MiSa. i guess it'll gonna take some time to match or to beat MiSa in the heavy kdrama genre.
You see I think Full House is the most overrated Kdrama ever.It was fun but thats it.Good thing we all have different tastes :-) .But MISA was really good (maybe not the ending but overall)

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 23rd, '05, 16:59

WroW wrote:
bugsie wrote:
WroW wrote:
You see I think Full House is the most overrated Kdrama ever.It was fun but thats it.Good thing we all have different tastes :-) .But MISA was really good (maybe not the ending but overall)
lol, i didn't realized that until you've mention it. i guess your right, and it's really a good thing that everyone has different preferences in choosing which is the best drama and vice versa. but still, i'm a big fan of SHK. :D

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 23rd, '05, 19:51

Dramas are like music. Mainstream stuff is over-rated always.

khristine

Post by khristine » Aug 24th, '05, 03:10

lucybobby wrote:i haven's watch what happened in bali so i have no opinion on it, some of you guys are so against it, but some love it, i'm not about to dl it though because ha ji won turn me off..
wont you at least give it a try? :roll as i see it, its either people love it to so much or they hate it so much.. none in between.. arent you at least curious why people behave like that? if it turns out bad for you, at least you'll know why people hate it that much.. :mrgreen: and maybe you can also tell me why coz i couldnt quite understand how such a beautiful drama can be voted as the worst. :cry:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Aug 24th, '05, 03:57

Hudsonn wrote:I like so many kdramas and only few lets me down but Propose was so bad that I didn't even finish it.
:lol I know what you mean! I never even got past episode 1 with that one. Completely horrible!

Oh, and let's not forget Romance..........I didn't think the lead actress fit the role at all.
Last edited by JadedAngel on Aug 24th, '05, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » Aug 24th, '05, 03:57

For me the worst drama is What Happened in Bali. OMG all that crying for 20 long eps. Jo Ji Sup and Ha Ji Won annoyed me so much. I fast forwarded most of the time, hoping it would get better but it was just unbearable. Besides the bad ending the way the drama was shot made it look so cheap and low-budgeted. Other dramas to avoid are Loving You and Propose.

mandychan

Post by mandychan » Aug 24th, '05, 05:02

THOUSAND YEARS OF LOVE IT MADE ME LAUGH AND ALSO WANT TO PUCK CAUSE OF THE CRONNY ACTING LOL. BUT IT WAS FUNNY AT LEAST I LIKED MAKING FUN OF IT UHH THE GOOD TIMES I HAD MAKING FUN OF THE PINK SHIRT AND THE LIGHTING WITH THE GUY FREAKIN OUT THAT WAS SO STUPID!! ANYWAY YAH THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE WORST ONE I SAW SO FAR. :crazy: