The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » May 29th, '05, 08:05

zdoon wrote: Btw, awwwwwwwe ****! I just got over 5000 points and am now using quick download and am getting tremendous speeds. Currently getting over 460 kb/s average. :w000t:
Thats so cool... wish I have over 5000 points. Just got over 2000 points right now.
Anyway, you just have to click on the quick DL button if you want to used quick download right?
Last edited by Shizuru on May 29th, '05, 08:19, edited 2 times in total.

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » May 29th, '05, 08:07

zdoon wrote:I'm glad you like the gif. It's actress "Binwoo"; it's from an ep of Love Letter. She does that patented pointing thing before she starts rolling on the floor. :lol

Btw, awwwwwwwe ****! I just got over 5000 points and am now using quick download and am getting tremendous speeds. Currently getting over 460 kb/s average. :w000t:

wow, zdoon, how come when I use quick download, it can only go up to around 80 kb/s. So jeolous :crazy: , wish mines can be that fast, hehe.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » May 29th, '05, 10:11

Shizuru wrote:Anyway, you just have to click on the quick DL button if you want to used quick download right?
Yes. Just click on the "other" button. It should be the left one.
dunnie wrote:Btw, what kind of line do you have?
Lowend RoadRunner cable, I guess.

When bt is good, I get anywhere from 30-200 kb/s. But It's far more usual to get 50-100 kb/s on BT, which I consider very good. Actually, 400 kb/s + is useless to me. I used quickdownload for two eps of a show and got them in no time, but it's not as though I'm going to be watching those anytime soon. Total overkill. :P
Must-watch drama: Sharp 1 & 2 and Buhwal

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » May 29th, '05, 16:48

well i think that should be it...anyway there ARE risks in everything so i still think that its good that we get to use their service for free...of course you cant expect much when things are free...btw i just dont understand some called it p2p since it has not taken my upload bandwithh...well, as sukida said, only they know the real truth

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Re: clubbox executive summary

Post by MoerkJ » May 29th, '05, 17:16

sukida wrote:the "official" thread is 41 pages long, so here is a summary. please correct it!
you should not create a new thread. Your post belongs to the existing thread no matter how long it already is. ...merging threads.
sukida wrote:o it's like an ftp site you can upload to
it is like a webdrive. similiar services exist for 5-10 years (e.g. Streamload)
sukida wrote:o it only works on windows
it requires ActiveX, so yes.
sukida wrote:o you have to use proprietary software that does nobody-except-them-knows-what
you need a File Transfer Manager (clubbox.exe), so yes.
sukida wrote:o it uploads who knows what from your hd unpredictably
still not confirmed. I couldn't detect any strange or illegal behaviour yet. Most of the traffic is heartbeat-traffic to keep the session alive when "collecting miles" or waiting for and ul/dl slot.
sukida wrote:o it is entirely in korean
yes, but most things are well translated in the tutorials.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 29th, '05, 17:46

zdoon wrote:I'm glad you like the gif. It's actress "Binwoo"; it's from an ep of Love Letter. She does that patented pointing thing before she starts rolling on the floor. :lol

Btw, awwwwwwwe ****! I just got over 5000 points and am now using quick download and am getting tremendous speeds. Currently getting over 460 kb/s average. :w000t:
I didn't know Kim Bin-woo made an appearance in Love Letter O__O I missed that :lol I only know her as Jee-hae from My Precious Child. Koreanwiz says she's in Phoenix too but I didn't watch that one.

But whoa, I've been waiting to hit 5000 so I can do quick download, I'm so close!! I have about 4910 points so I think I can trade them in tomorrow :mrgreen: I have the low-end Road Runner too, so I'll keep my fingers crossed to get speeds near that.
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 29th, '05, 17:56

neonkinpatsu wrote:But whoa, I've been waiting to hit 5000 so I can do quick download, I'm so close!! I have about 4910 points so I think I can trade them in tomorrow :mrgreen: I have the low-end Road Runner too, so I'll keep my fingers crossed to get speeds near that.
I bought a 2GB quick download coupon for 1000pts (I had 4600+ already)...
It wasn't worth it. For me it doesn't get faster (still only 40-50kB/s). So they wont deduct any points from my coupon because I rarely go over 50kB/s. XD

Seems that the quick download is even worse for me than the normal DL because I have to wait like 10 minutes for a QuickDL slot. Dunno why. Maybe the servers at NowCom are too busy at the moment.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 29th, '05, 18:07

MoerkJ wrote:
neonkinpatsu wrote:But whoa, I've been waiting to hit 5000 so I can do quick download, I'm so close!! I have about 4910 points so I think I can trade them in tomorrow :mrgreen: I have the low-end Road Runner too, so I'll keep my fingers crossed to get speeds near that.
I bought a 2GB quick download coupon for 1000pts (I had 4600+ already)...
It wasn't worth it. For me it doesn't get faster (still only 40-50kB/s). So they wont deduct any points from my coupon because I rarely go over 50kB/s. XD

Seems that the quick download is even worse for me than the normal DL because I have to wait like 10 minutes for a QuickDL slot. Dunno why. Maybe the servers at NowCom are too busy at the moment.
Well, I only started using clubbox more often in the past few weeks to catch up on shows with SRT subs (Snow White, 2nd Proposal, etc.). So I didn't really have very many points. I'm neglecting BT at the moment, for the past couple weeks, haha. But, I figured I'd wait till I hit 5000 and see what happens. I usually get decent speeds on clubbox. I usually get speeds in the 80's and 90's, with the occasional drop during busy times. I'm hoping quick download will work since I normally get ok speeds and zdoon and I have the same ISP. If it doesn't I won't cry about it because 92-99kb/s is still pretty good and it's not like I paid money for points, lol. I just waited for downloads to finish :lol

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » May 29th, '05, 18:39

neonkinpatsu,

I hope QDL works for you. I've actually downloaded another thing using QDL. First two times were blisteringly fast, obviously. But the last time I used it I got at most 120kb/s, still good but already I can see that I'm not going get consistently amazing speeds. But I've got plenty more gigabytes left to find this out. :wub: I think it has something to do with how popular a file is. The more popular, the faster the download? Anyway, there's a clubbox with some sweet movies from as early as the 1920's and other decades that I have my eyes on now, so I will be putting my coupon to good use (though I will have to free up some diskspace first...)

By the way, Binwoo is in Love Letter -- but I'm referring to the variety tv show. :lol

Image Image

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 29th, '05, 19:59

zdoon wrote:
By the way, Binwoo is in Love Letter -- but I'm referring to the variety tv show. :lol
Oh, hahaha. I forgot about that because I don't watch k-varieties :lol

Here's hopin' for the qdl. 60 more points to go, maybe even tonight I can try it out. I notice that from gold boxes I get high speeds most of the time. But yeah, normally they are popular files I guess? I downloaded a few raw jdrama series from a huge clubbox that was 1.5 TB. I wouldn't have thought raw jdrama files would be that popular especially since file names were in Korean, but maybe they are. Those speeds were a steady 92-99kb/s for all series I grabbed.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 30th, '05, 06:50

lilswtangel wrote:
there's a quick download button on the clubbox page. it's the dark blue button that you press instead the lighter blue.

you select the files that you want to download, then click on the dark blue button and it'll lead you to the quick download page. you then press the red O (not the X which means to cancel)...and the files will show up on your clubbox download manager as quick downloads....with a blue bar at the top that blinks~

but you need to have at least 1000 mileage points before you can quick download.
1000 pts = 2 GB
2000 pts = 5 GB
3000 pts = 10 GB
5000 pts = 30 GB
10,000 pts = 100 GB
20,000 = 300 GB
I just traded mine in for the 30 gigs. But erm, I hit that dark blue button and I'm not getting the blinking blue thing and it says 0 coupon items used. But, it's in my report mileage page that I have the 30 gigs to use and that I've used 0 so far (I think). It also says I have 1 coupon in use. How do I get it to kick in? ;__; I don't wanna waste it because I traded all those damn points! >__< Oh yeah, if I click quick download in the client, clubbox crashes. So yeah, I think my options are limited here. Any insight from quick downloaders? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I don't get taken to a quick download page either. My download just starts and doesn't use my coupon gigs ;__; It's just usual stuff.

posole

Post by posole » May 30th, '05, 07:23

it only took me about 3 1/2 months but i finally reached 20,000 mileage points~ :mrgreen:
QUICK DOWNLOADS here i come!!!!! 300GB :w00t:
Attachments
20,000.jpg
20,000.jpg (82.12 KiB) Viewed 4157 times

tigrbalm

Post by tigrbalm » May 30th, '05, 07:59

hi,

could someone please teach me how to buy download cards from Clubbox?

Thanks in advance

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » May 30th, '05, 08:11

tigrbalm wrote:hi,

Thanks in advance
Try this :

http://clubbox.blogspot.com/2005/05/qui ... tions.html

Credits to ajune.

tigrbalm

Post by tigrbalm » May 30th, '05, 08:51

hi, thanks for that but that only has info on how to exchange points for a certificate.

Id like to know how to actually buy a certificate, using real money.

thanks

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 30th, '05, 19:23

son_yejin wrote:
tigrbalm wrote:hi,

Thanks in advance
Try this :

http://clubbox.blogspot.com/2005/05/qui ... tions.html

Credits to ajune.
Yeah, I followed that too. But.....I do not get the quick download page to confirm that I'll be using it for the file, but everything else worked fine. ;__; So now my points are traded in and I can't use them.

aznmikelee

Post by aznmikelee » Jun 1st, '05, 06:51

by any chance, did anyone upload a tutorial on how to purchase a giftcard to dl faster?

blinkerz

arrg

Post by blinkerz » Jun 1st, '05, 13:03

I've tried buying buying quick download with actual money, but when i go to purchase one of the options it wants me to upload a picture of driving license/passport as proof of identification. Is there any way round having to go this route?

tigrbalm

Post by tigrbalm » Jun 2nd, '05, 00:49

the only way to get a DL giftcard by paying for it is by submitting gov't issued ID

I scanned my license and sent it over. In 3 days I got an email from them telling me that I was all ready to go. Just got a 50GB DL card for approx 1600 won (inc. tax) and paid for it with my mastercard. Not bad at all.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jun 2nd, '05, 00:53

tigrbalm wrote:the only way to get a DL giftcard by paying for it is by submitting gov't issued ID

I scanned my license and sent it over. In 3 days I got an email from them telling me that I was all ready to go. Just got a 50GB DL card for approx 1600 won (inc. tax) and paid for it with my mastercard. Not bad at all.
Ah, so that's what it was. I tried looking it over for you but came by the part where one has to fax or email a scan of something.. I didn't know what exactly. Let us know how your downloading turns out. I personally think purchases giftcards may be a waste of money as 50 kb/s dl that are available for free seems good enough, for me anyway. :-)

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 2nd, '05, 00:59

^Yeah, 50-100 isn't bad so I'm just sucking up the fact that I probably wasted my traded-in points (qdl option doesn't come up and I get reg. dl) :lol

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jun 2nd, '05, 01:20

neonkinpatsu wrote:^Yeah, 50-100 isn't bad so I'm just sucking up the fact that I probably wasted my traded-in points (qdl option doesn't come up and I get reg. dl) :lol
That sucks. :( If you indeed have your points deducted and you traded them in for a download card and you are pressing the quickdownload icon (left most icon, usually) to download and no seperate window next to the clubbox client pops up, then I have no idea what's going on. But if you haven't, one thing I would try doing is going into the milieage page to check to see if indeed you have a card.

ps: I'm using Windows XP, SP/2, and Avante Web Browser (which is basically IE),
Attachments
Image1.jpg
what my page looks like
Image1.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 9643 times
Image0.jpg
how to get to mileage page....
Image0.jpg (115.16 KiB) Viewed 9646 times

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 2nd, '05, 03:19

Yes, I do have a card. They took my 5000 points and I have a "1" now. But zippo happens when I hit the dark blue quick download button. I have XP SP 2 and IE 6. I tried even clicking the quick download button in the client, but then it crashes every single time. The client crashes any time I do anything but download or change my options.

I make sure I'm logged in, I check off the file(s) I want, hit the dark blue qdown button, then the regular window pops up (the one that gives the option to download the client and stuff). Then the window disappears and the file is added to my clubbox client and it just downloads regular style.

Unfortunately I guess there is a problem on my end but I can't figure it out because I can't email them for support ;__; I just have to suck it up. I don't know what it is but I followed instructions.

All I know is this client crashes a lot even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled it cleanly several times. But, I manage to get it regular downloading and as long as I don't touch most buttons it won't crash.
Attachments
clubbox3.jpg
This window pops up after I hit the dark blue qdown button, then it disappears as usual and my client has the file added normally instead of qdn.
clubbox3.jpg (123.78 KiB) Viewed 9523 times
clubbox2.jpg
I log in and check off the file I want then click the darkest blue button in the center for "qdown".
clubbox2.jpg (104.41 KiB) Viewed 9523 times
Last edited by neonkinpatsu on Jun 2nd, '05, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 2nd, '05, 03:43

Post continued, my 2 attachments got cut off.
Attachments
clubbox1.jpg
My page like zdoon's with the coupon point mileage stuff.
clubbox1.jpg (78.86 KiB) Viewed 9525 times
clubbox4.jpg
What my client looks like after above (when that window disappears and file is added).
clubbox4.jpg (68.64 KiB) Viewed 9525 times

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jun 2nd, '05, 04:35

I think I figured out what the problem is. You have language settings set to somehting which the code in clubbox can't handle. In your case, it's probably Japanese, ne?

Try changing it from Japanese back to English - that is, if you want to try out qdl. See if that works. 8)

ps: Of course, changing language settings is a pain... and probably won't be worth it, but that's for you to decide.
Attachments
Image3.jpg
In region and languages -> advanced tab -> Change from Japanese to English...
Image3.jpg (60.68 KiB) Viewed 9525 times

tigrbalm

Post by tigrbalm » Jun 2nd, '05, 14:03

the DL speeds i was getting were around 175kb/s but were constantly moving up, albeit a little slowly, granted I was using a university computer to do this. The great thing about clubbox is that the uni networks (in my place at least) havent closed the ports on it since its relatively unkonwn in the rest of the world.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 3rd, '05, 00:43

Thanks zdoon, that ended up being the problem! Kanshashiteimasu~! It's not lightening speed, but I broke 100KB/s and it's steady, which is fine by me. Before when I used regular download, it was pretty slow for this file. Now the client doesn't crash and stuff anymore :blink Thanks so much again! XD
Attachments
clubboxwoot.jpg
clubboxwoot.jpg (49.27 KiB) Viewed 11017 times

imut_imut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Run 2 clubbox in 1 comp? Possible?

Post by imut_imut » Jun 4th, '05, 03:04

hello

is it possible to run 2 clubbox program in 1 comp?
I have max dl speed 130k/sec so if 1 clubbox use 50k, then i can run 2-3 clubbox to use my max dl speed.

Thanks for any tip.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 4th, '05, 03:24

AFAIK, no. one of the first complaints about clubbox was, why can't i have more than one file downloading at once? you just can't. similarly, you can't have two going at once. the program is set to automatically queue your files in one download manager, and if you try to open another, i don't think it'll work. :-) just be happy that you're getting such good download speeds with clubbox.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 4th, '05, 17:53

habukie wrote:AFAIK, no. one of the first complaints about clubbox was, why can't i have more than one file downloading at once? you just can't. similarly, you can't have two going at once. the program is set to automatically queue your files in one download manager, and if you try to open another, i don't think it'll work. :-) just be happy that you're getting such good download speeds with clubbox.
Or you could cheat and use more than one computer at a time. I've had good results running seperate applications on seperate computers without a download performance hit...
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 5th, '05, 15:00

few days ago I changed IE into FireFox but I still use IE to open clubboxes. what's interesthing is that I don't have problem with running a clubbox client anymore :-) earlier almost every time when I waned to add a file to the client I had to use that trick with choosing korean languge and now everything works fine :cheers:
Image Image
supporting Kanju

sukida

Post by sukida » Jun 7th, '05, 23:47

MoerkJ wrote:
sukida wrote:the "official" thread is 41 pages long, so here is a summary. please correct it!
you should not create a new thread. Your post belongs to the existing thread no matter how long it already is. ...merging threads.
really? ok. i will do that next time. thanks for the pointer.

but where are my posts? you seem to have deleted them instead of merging threads! search does not find them.

i would like you to know why i posted them.

imho there should be an easy place for non windows users, people who are cautious about potential spyware, people who try to avoid proprietary protocols, and people who prefer the site to have some english in case something goes wrong to find that out in less than 42 pages.

i think of this thread as being for people who know they want clubbox. i not want to pollute the thread with
comments for people who are merely trying to find out what it is.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 8th, '05, 12:51

sukida wrote:imho there should be an easy place for non windows users, people who are cautious about potential spyware, people who try to avoid proprietary protocols, and people who prefer the site to have some english in case something goes wrong to find that out in less than 42 pages.

i think of this thread as being for people who know they want clubbox. i not want to pollute the thread with
And the links on the 1st page of the thread will pretty much do that for you :glare: ....either way, you don't really have to go through all the pages as you can see newbies are asking questions all the time regardless of the fact that they have been answered many times before in the previous pages. You will get an answer.

sukida

Post by sukida » Jun 9th, '05, 02:40

JadedAngel wrote:
sukida wrote:imho there should be an easy place for non windows users, people who are cautious about potential spyware, people who try to avoid proprietary protocols, and people who prefer the site to have some english in case something goes wrong to find that out in less than 42 pages.

And the links on the 1st page of the thread will pretty much do that for you :glare: ....either way, you don't really have to go through all the pages as you can see newbies are asking questions all the time regardless of the fact that they have been answered many times before in the previous pages. You will get an answer.
please pretend that you are a non windows user and follow those links. start by
assuming it's an open protocol like most sites are. will you discover that it's
useless for you in a short amount of time?

please try that before answering! :) did you really mean to :glare: at me? :)

p.s. i still don't know where my posts went after the "merge".

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 9th, '05, 03:03

sukida wrote:
JadedAngel wrote:

It should have merged properly, but posts then are sorted by date. So, when they are combined, they are resorted by date. Your posts might be mixed in here somewhere. I doubt Moe (I think he did it?) would delete all your other posts just to merge 1 post here....it's much more work :lol

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 9th, '05, 08:16

sukida wrote:
JadedAngel wrote:

Can't find your posts, and I'm not an expert but I am curious about one thing. You mention assuming a non-windows user. The Nowstarter ActiveX controller that Clubbox uses requires IE doesn't it? I know I couldn't even get page 2 of any boxes to open when I used my normal Firefox browser.

On a related note, since I've gotten an account there, as long as I log in before downloading, I don't see the ActiveX control in my IE objects list. Strange....
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

imut_imut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by imut_imut » Jun 9th, '05, 11:15

have anyone tried this?

run one clubbox using 1 user account on winxp
then change user and run another one?

will this work? I know some Online Game works this way to run 2 client at 1 computer.

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Jun 9th, '05, 18:52

imut_imut wrote:have anyone tried this?

will this work? I know some Online Game works this way to run 2 client at 1 computer.
hm maybe, try :) myself is running one client on this computer, and one on the "experiment" computer beside ^^
"Let's make today another great day!"

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jun 10th, '05, 15:48

imut_imut wrote:have anyone tried this?

I've tried a similar thing, I had two PCs running Clubbox which worked, 3 or 4 might work too..thing is I'm not too sure whether my downloadbandwith was halfed by them respectively..the speed changes on my end a lot..from 50kbs to around 20-30, or 15..strange..

MemeX

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 19th, '05, 05:49

does anyone have information about clubbox coupon items?

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 19th, '05, 06:12

scott12199 wrote:does anyone have information about clubbox coupon items?
What about them? I think there was something posted in here about redeeming points and stuff somewhere.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 19th, '05, 06:17

every time i right click on the file im downloading and choose quick download the coupon item option pops up instead of the quick download option.

sonata

Post by sonata » Jun 20th, '05, 07:42

Hello fellow clubboxers and forum moderators, isn't it time to promote clubbox thread to a separate forum topic rather than a single thread? It is now very hard to search on this thread and makes difficult for all of us to use. In fact, clubbox has many things to discuss and it surely deserves a place in the main forum. Voice out your opinions guys.
visit my clubbox @ http://clubbox.co.kr/soepae. Currently uploading : Return of condor Heroes 1998, Tiang Long Ba Bu 2003

lizzo

Post by lizzo » Jun 20th, '05, 18:27

sonata wrote:Hello fellow clubboxers and forum moderators, isn't it time to promote clubbox thread to a separate forum topic rather than a single thread? It is now very hard to search on this thread and makes difficult for all of us to use. In fact, clubbox has many things to discuss and it surely deserves a place in the main forum. Voice out your opinions guys.
I don't know about a whole forum topic, but it would be nice if there was a separate "problems with clubbox" type thread...it is hard to search this thread and sometimes things happen to me after I read something in here (stops downloading, what to do if the pop-up window gets stuck, error messages translated). That would be cool. The links on the front page don't really address this stuff in detail.

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Jun 25th, '05, 03:49

Wah.. uploading take so long ne (for me at least)
Just wondering how much upload speed you guys normally get?
Right now I only got like 8kb :crazy:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jun 25th, '05, 04:03

Shizuru wrote:Wah.. uploading take so long ne (for me at least)
Just wondering how much upload speed you guys normally get?
Right now I only got like 8kb :crazy:
It depends on the file you're trying to upload. If it has already uploaded in any other clubbox, your uploading speed will go fast. If it hasn't been uploaded before, the speed will be slow.

chengy01

Post by chengy01 » Jun 25th, '05, 23:34

Hey guys,

Does clubbox downloads slow down your computer connection, because it seems that everytime i download from clubbox.. my connection seems to lag. Does anyone why this is?

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 26th, '05, 00:02

i think it uploads while you download, a hidden non positive feauture :blink

imut_imut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by imut_imut » Jun 26th, '05, 01:54

I dont think it is upload while download. I use netlimiter to monitor my bandwith and clubbox doesn't use (or use like very minimal 3-4k/sec) upload speed.l

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 26th, '05, 02:43

imut_imut wrote:I dont think it is upload while download. I use netlimiter to monitor my bandwith and clubbox doesn't use (or use like very minimal 3-4k/sec) upload speed.l
:lol Yes, it does, secretly. They thoroughly discussed this in the first few pages of the thread.

Darvil

Post by Darvil » Jun 28th, '05, 05:43

JadedAngel wrote:
imut_imut wrote:I dont think it is upload while download. I use netlimiter to monitor my bandwith and clubbox doesn't use (or use like very minimal 3-4k/sec) upload speed.l
:lol Yes, it does, secretly. They thoroughly discussed this in the first few pages of the thread.
Perhaps.. I agree with the other guy.. I use netlimiter and well I hardly see any bandwidth going up. usually its 0.02k and once in a while it goes up to 3k but even that I can control using netlimiter.

Perhaps it will upload for certain clubboxes? Thats the only senario I can think of where it uploads.

I have very very tight reign on my bandwidth and I would notice if somehow the program was bypassing netlimiter (which I doubt completely). I limit my upload speed to 20k for my bittorrent program. If it goes any higher then 20 then my download would suffer. For example my newsgroups download would slow down if I hit too high an upload rate. And that has yet to happen so I don't see any fishy thing happening.

So for now I'm just assuming that it does that for certain files.. perhaps those that are in high demand.. who knows.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 28th, '05, 14:05

Darvil wrote:
JadedAngel wrote:
Perhaps.. I agree with the other guy.. I use netlimiter and well I hardly see any bandwidth going up. usually its 0.02k and once in a while it goes up to 3k but even that I can control using netlimiter.

Perhaps it will upload for certain clubboxes? Thats the only senario I can think of where it uploads.

I have very very tight reign on my bandwidth and I would notice if somehow the program was bypassing netlimiter (which I doubt completely). I limit my upload speed to 20k for my bittorrent program. If it goes any higher then 20 then my download would suffer. For example my newsgroups download would slow down if I hit too high an upload rate. And that has yet to happen so I don't see any fishy thing happening.

So for now I'm just assuming that it does that for certain files.. perhaps those that are in high demand.. who knows.
It does fluctuate...but check the bottom posts here where they started the discussion on it http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=45 They discussed it further and even had pretty pictures but I can't remember what pages its on. :lol

sonata

Post by sonata » Jun 30th, '05, 07:57

chengy01 wrote:Hi,

I've been trying to find a tutorial on how to purchase quick download with money but no luck so far. Can anyone please direct me to the instructions?
Thanks.!!
http://clubbox.blogspot.com/2005/05/qui ... tions.html.
visit my clubbox @ http://clubbox.co.kr/soepae. Currently uploading : Return of condor Heroes 1998, Tiang Long Ba Bu 2003

babyface

new at this....

Post by babyface » Jul 1st, '05, 21:33

i tried all that uh instructions thing....buh it aint working....the pop up where it should go away doesnt go away its kinda the same buh kinda not.....help me....after i click download from teh pop up another pop up floats up and i click the active x tab and the clubbox setup .exe thing comes out i install it buh nothing happens......i tried start-run-fscagent 2...buh ....it doesnt work either....plzz...help me....

P.S. i put the korean social # so shouldnt i b able to dl everything from anyones site??? i cant dl nothing from drams4you...... :x hlp me plz

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jul 1st, '05, 22:36

Hi, what is the minumum download speed for quick download? I just bought a 5 gb ticket, how can I tell if points are being deducted?

hey, anyone have jtv's version of beautiful life in their clubbox? I have trouble connecting to aiba's clubbox. it's been 0kb for hours now
Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jul 1st, '05, 23:41

@tikleabubble:
points are being deducted when you dl faster than 50kb/s. You can actually see in the client how the points are counted. If you are below 50kb/s you see a red message that you are to slow for being accounted. (I can't remember the exact wording.) I got up to 300kb/s with quick download last week. I used up soo many of my precious points. :mrgreen:

@babyface:
If you are stuck in one of these windows and the download doesnt get enqueued in your client then thy right-clicking in the window and set the encoding to korean (or something else, it doesnt matter) or press F11 in that window and click the Go-Button. Both triggers ActiveX to enqueue you download.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

chengy01

Post by chengy01 » Jul 3rd, '05, 06:18

hi,

i read that some law is going to prohibit the download of luxury version dramas on clubbox. is that true?

personpeople

Post by personpeople » Jul 4th, '05, 05:01

can anyone help me with clubbox problems?!
i cant download...

this is what it says... im guessing its an agreement...
but when i agree to the terms, it says i agreed to EULA (End-User License Agreement). Please restart the CLUBBOX File Transfet Manager.
Whats that?

※ 본 클럽박스 파일 전송 관리자 프로그램(이하 "소프트웨어")을 이용하기 전에 자세히 읽으십시오.

클럽박스 파일 전송 관리자 프로그램 최종 사용자 이용 약관(이하 "이용 약관")은 (주)나우콤과 소프트웨어 공급업체 및 사용권 허가 업체와, 사용자 간에 체결된 소프트웨어(이하 "소프트웨어")에 대한 법적인 계약입니다.

소프트웨어에는 유/무선 네트워크를 이용한 온라인 서비스와 서비스에 포함되는 소프트웨어 제품, 그리고 그 제품의 알파, 베타 테스트 릴리즈, 무료, 유료 버전의 모든 조합 등이 포함됩니다.

"약관 동의" 에 체크를 하거나 소프트웨어를 설치, 복사 또는 기타 방식으로 사용할 경우, 사용자는 본 이용 약관에 동의하는 것으로 간주됩니다. 만일 귀하가 본 이용 약관에 동의하지 않으면, "취소" 버튼을 누르거나 이 소프트웨어를 이용하지 마십시오.

본 소프트웨어를 이용하는 것은 사용자가 본 이용 약관을 읽고, 이해했으며, 이용 약관에 동의함을 의미합니다.

제1조 [이용 약관의 효력 및 변경]
① 본 이용 약관은 소프트웨어의 설치 및 이용 과정상에 공시되며 이에 대하여
사용자가 동의함으로써 효력을 발생합니다.
② 회사는 합리적인 사유가 발생할 경우 본 이용 약관을 개정할 수 있습니다.
③ 사용자가 개정된 약관에 동의하지 않을 경우, 계약 해지를 요청할 수
있으며, 약관이 개정된 날짜로부터 7일 이후에도 약관 개정에 대한 거부
의사를 표시하지 아니하고 소프트웨어를 계속 사용할 경우, 약관의 개정에
동의한 것으로 간주합니다.
④ 사용자가 변경된 약관을 알지 못하여, 발생한 손해에 대하여 회사에서는
책임을 지지 않습니다.

제2조 [회사의 의무]
① 회사는 사용자에게 무상으로 소프트웨어를 설치하고 사용할 수 있는
사용권을 부여합니다.
② 회사는 계속적이고 안정적인 서비스의 제공을 위하여, 설비 및 소프트웨어
에 장애가 생기거나 멸실된 때에 부득이한 사유가 없는 한 지체없이 이를
수리 또는 복구합니다.
③ 회사는 이용고객으로부터 제기되는 의견이나 불만이 정당하다고
객관적으로 인정될 경우에는 적절한 절차를 거쳐 즉시 처리하여야 합니다.
다만, 즉시 처리가 곤란한 경우는 사용자에게 그 사유와 처리 일정을
통보하여야 합니다.
④ 회사는 소프트웨어가 업데이트 될 경우 즉시 사용자에게 업데이트된
소프트웨어를 제공합니다. 단, 업데이트의 상황에 따라 이미 제공된
소프트웨어의 기능의 일부를 사용할 수 없는 경우가 발생할 수 있습니다.
⑤ 회사는 개인정보의 보호를 위해 보안 시스템을 구축하며,
개인정보 보호정책을 공시하고 준수합니다.

제3조 [사용자의 의무]
① 사용자는 본 소프트웨어 제품을 개작하거나 리버스 엔지니어링, 디컴파일,
디스어셈블할 수 없습니다.
② 사용자는 상업적 용도로 소프트웨어를 임대, 판매할 수 없으며,
소프트웨어를 사용하여 상업용 서비스를 제공할 수 없습니다.
③ 사용자는 본 소프트웨어를 이용하여 타인의 지적재산권을 침해하여서는
안됩니다.
④ 사용자는 본 약관 및 관계법령을 준수하여야 하며, 회사의 업무에 방해가
되는 행위 및 불법 행위 등을 하여서는 안됩니다.
⑤ 회사는 사용자의 위와 같은 행위로 인한 결과에 대해 어떠한 책임을 지지
않습니다.

제4조 [소프트웨어의 저작권]
① 본 소프트웨어, 관련 문서에 대한 권리, 소유권, 권한 및 지적 재산권은
(주)나우콤이 보유합니다.
② 본 소프트웨어 및 원천 기술과, 그에 관련된 문서는 국제 저작권 협약의
보호를 받습니다.
③ 사용자는 소프트웨어를 보유하는 것이 아니라 사용의 허가를 받은 것에
불과합니다.

제5조 [데이터 및 기타 자료의 수집 및 사용]
① 회사는 소프트웨어와 관련하여 사용자에게 제공되는 제품 지원 서비스의
일환으로 사용자PC의 데이터를 수집하고 사용할 수 있습니다.
② 회사는 제1항의 자료를, 본사의 제품을 개선하거나 사용자의 사용환경에
적합한 서비스 또는 기술을 제공하기 위한 목적으로만 사용하며
그 외의 다른 목적으로 사용하지 않습니다.
③ 회사는 사용자에게 더 안정적이고 원활한 다운로드 서비스를 제공하기
위하여, 본 소프트웨어가 실행중일 때 사용자 PC의 네트워크 장비 및
대역폭 일부를 활용하도록 할 수 있습니다.

제6조 [회사의 책임의 제한]
① 회사는 소프트웨어를 통하여 제공하는 데이터 등의 내용의 진정성 및
저작권 준수 여부에 대하여 보증을 하지 아니합니다.
단 회사가 직접 제작하여 제공하는 경우에는 예외로 합니다.
② 회사는 소프트웨어의 사용 및 사용불능으로 인하여 사용자에게 발생한
손해에 대하여 일체 책임을 지지 아니합니다. 단, 손해가 회사의 고의 또는
중과실에 의해 발생한 경우에는 예외로 합니다.
③ 회사는 사용자가 소프트웨어를 이용하여 기대하는 수익을 얻지 못하거나
상실한 것에 대하여 책임을 지지 않습니다.
④ 회사는 사용자 상호간 및 사용자와 제3자 상호 간에 서비스를 매개로
발생한 분쟁에 대해 개입할 의무가 없으며, 이로 인한 손해를 배상할 책임도
없습니다.

제7조 [계약의 해지 및 손해 배상]
① 회사는 사용자가 이용 약관을 준수하지 않는 경우 본 사용권 계약을
해지할 수 있습니다. 이 경우 사용자는 소프트웨어의 복사본과 해당
구성 요소를 모두 삭제하여야 합니다.
② 사용자는 언제라도 소프트웨어를 삭제함으로써 본 계약을
해지할 수 있습니다.
③ 제1항의 경우 및 사용자에 의하여 회사에게 손해가 발생한 경우 회사는
사용자에게 손해배상을 청구할 수 있습니다.
또한, 계약 해지 이후에도 사용자의 부적절한 이용 등으로 인해 부담해야
하는 비용 및 벌금은 본 사용권 계약 종료 이후에도 유효합니다.

제8조 [약관 외 준칙]
본 이용 약관에 명시되지 아니한 사항에 대하여는 관계법령에 의합니다.

제9조 [관할]
소프트웨어 이용으로 발생한 분쟁에 관한 소송이 제기되는 경우 회사의 본사 소재지를 관할하는 법원을 제1심 관할법원으로 합니다.

[부칙]
본 약관은 2005년 3월 28일 부터 적용됩니다.

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Jul 4th, '05, 21:31

Yamatsumi wrote:
Gi-Ma-Mi wrote:Lately,i can't not resume while downloading a file in clubbox,
first,when i tried to download a file,it went pretty fast,but after i shut down my computer and tried to finish that file,it got stuck
:cry: do you guys know why
you need to pause download before shutting down your clubbox client. if you don't do that you can't resume downloading later
Oh,really,i've never knew that before cause i used to shut down my clubbox client and my computer without pausing download and it worked fine later,this just happening to me lately :cry:
that's weird,but thank you anyway,i'll try on your way :-)

cyclops

Post by cyclops » Jul 9th, '05, 01:55

i've just noticed that i have some reserved mileage on my club-box account. can someone explain to me what is the reserved mileage and how to use it.
Last edited by cyclops on Jul 9th, '05, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.

Key

Post by Key » Jul 9th, '05, 05:31

cyclops wrote:i've just noticed that i have some reserved mileage on my club-box account. can someone explain to me what is the reserved mileage and how to use it.
Came to this thread to ask the exact same question. Woke up this morning to find that instead of my mileage going up like it normally does every hour, it went into reserve mode or something.
picture perfect

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jul 10th, '05, 03:43

ahh I'm so happy, I just spent an hour trying to get clubbox to work again (sp2) then I found a post on soompi forums tryed it works again :lol

I searched this thread and didn't see any info about SP2 (apart from uninstalling it) so I'll post what helped me here
or every single one of you who wonder how you will do next , when you see the pop up window open , but it does nothing :

1. Clik on that window
2. Press F11
3. go to url bar , click enter
4. done , link is added now :D

btw , my clubbox is http://clubbox.co.kr/stvuk153

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Jul 10th, '05, 03:52

Hi, I've been using clubbox for a while, but I recently got a new computer and I can't seem to be able to get clubbox to work on here. I managed to get it to the point where I can get the d/l manager, but whenever I try to start the d/l the manager freezes and the buttons flash and blink a lot and then it disappears entirely. I also have a problem of logging in through the d/l manager. I've tried changing the ActiveX options in IE and uninstalling and reinstalling clubbox but none of it seems to work. I think it might haves something to do with the fact that the ads don't show which means something isn't loading correctly, but I don't know what. Can anyone help me?
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (100.26 KiB) Viewed 34075 times
Still Frames || presents Goong --Graphics and Reviews

Aubrey

Post by Aubrey » Jul 10th, '05, 07:32

Hey guys, could anyone tell me how you use your milege points to get the download giftcards? Thanks!

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jul 10th, '05, 11:19

My first post in like a month or so :D
I'm sorry that I bring bad news.

Team LUXURY will not be doing anymore rips after Sunday, July 10th, 2005. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 10th, '05, 13:20

Touya wrote:My first post in like a month or so :D

Team LUXURY will not be doing anymore rips after Sunday, July 10th, 2005. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Which series will not be captured to end? And i hope another group will pop up and fill the void.
Last edited by Romance on Jul 10th, '05, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

SSHunnie

Post by SSHunnie » Jul 10th, '05, 16:05

Touya wrote:My first post in like a month or so :D

:O Aww! I'll miss their rips! Team Luxury ripped EVERYTHING and provided me with lots of K-entertainment! I wish I knew how to drop them a quick note of thanks! :wub:

Touya, out of curiosity, why is Team Luxury retiring? Is it too time consuming or are they getting flack from the Korean government? I always wondered how they managed to rip every tv program?! Thanx for the update.

kamen555

Post by kamen555 » Jul 11th, '05, 21:54

Any tutorial available on how to buy clubbox points/mileage using real money so I can use Quick Download? Will the program allow me to download more than 1 file at a time if I pay clubbox?
Also how do you turn off or disable a webpage from playing background music? A lot of clubbox pages play music. I tried disabling the "play video and sound" option in internet options under advanced but the music keeps on playing.

cosmos0516

Post by cosmos0516 » Jul 26th, '05, 16:26

The best and good CLUBBOX : Top 20

1. http://clubbox.co.kr/wangja
[금박스 - 1위] [왕자박스™] 부시삽 신청은 드라마 부분만(카페바로가기크릭)

2. http://clubbox.co.kr/cng01
[금박스 - 2위] 영화매니아[영화를 사랑하는 분들의 무한공유]

3. http://clubbox.co.kr/lollol101
[금박스 - 3위] 롤롤 - 한국TV (박스 소개,링크걸기 금지)

4. http://clubbox.co.kr/guen4412
[금박스 - 4위] 龍 시네마 ♡ ~ 사랑해 龍 ~ ♡

5. http://clubbox.co.kr/adore01
[금박스 - 5위] ★:+:..+무한공유 애니세상!+

6. http://clubbox.co.kr/aninara
[금박스 - 6위] º★º SEE-SAW 영화/애니 공유박스 º★º

7. http://clubbox.co.kr/24
[금박스 - 7위] ▣ㅔ롱~ ▣ㅔ롱~ ▣ㅔ롱~ ㄱㄱㅏ꿍~

8. http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder
[금박스 - 8위] 멀더요원의 방주(소장용 영상 전문)

9. http://clubbox.co.kr/woolf3808
[금박스 - 9위] 〓◈몸짱클럽◈〓

10. http://clubbox.co.kr/sambacgy
[금박스 - 10위] ★★시네마천국(영화♡드라마)★★

11. http://clubbox.co.kr/drama4you
[금박스 - 11위] 드라마박스 / 모두들 건강하세요 !!!

12. http://clubbox.co.kr/hesung59
[금박스 - 12위] ★영화매니아클럽★고화질 WAF 릴

13. http://clubbox.co.kr/uncle7
[금박스 - 13위] ③ ▒▒ 아낌없이 주는 나무 ▒▒

14. http://clubbox.co.kr/photoyun
[금박스 - 14위] ★ PDC-CD1 ★ DRAMA JAPAN - 포토윤 -

15. http://clubbox.co.kr/hunt
[금박스 - 15위] 나눔의 情

16. http://clubbox.co.kr/ilmare127
[금박스 - 16위] ━★일마레박스★━

17. http://clubbox.co.kr/dowool
[금박스 - 17위] ★ ★ ▶++철++조++망++◀ ★ ★

18. http://clubbox.co.kr/kkksh
[금박스 - 18위] 【영화나라】

19. http://clubbox.co.kr/cheonryong
[금박스 - 19위] [TM] 무림rider 클럽박스 자료실 ♣(구) 천룡무협세계♣

20. http://clubbox.co.kr/kazana
[금박스 - 20위] DETECTIVE CONAN

truvietchiuchoi

Post by truvietchiuchoi » Jul 30th, '05, 20:20

i need some help also whenever i try to get into a clubbox that requires an acct/pw i enter it in and then i get this HEh i have no clue wat it means http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/ ... titled.jpg

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jul 30th, '05, 21:04

truvietchiuchoi wrote:i need some help also whenever i try to get into a clubbox that requires an acct/pw i enter it in and then i get this HEh i have no clue wat it means http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/ ... titled.jpg
You need to be a member of that particular box to see and download the files. After entering your ID and PW, click on the white button at the very end of the right corner of the yellow orangish bar. The button comes after the name of the owner of the box.

noriblue

newbie in clubbox

Post by noriblue » Aug 15th, '05, 23:56

Hi,

I am a newbie in clubbox and have some questions:

1. Can I use subtitles from d-addicts for Kdramas that I found on clubbox? Some of the titles that I found didn't say [luxury] or [icedrama] so I wasn't sure if i can use the subs from d-addicts or not. Please advice.

2. A friend told me 3-4 months ago, that I can download a file from somebody's clubbox into my own clubbox. Can somebody tell me how to do that? or give me a link to the tutorial?

3. Does Luxury, icedrama and other drama rip-ers have website?

Thanks
nori

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Aug 17th, '05, 17:59

Can someone tell me what does this site say:http://www.clubbox.co.kr/event.fld/boxh ... c_main.htm
Thanks in advance

herbert

Post by herbert » Aug 25th, '05, 13:15

today i was dling through clubbox the fscagent suddenly started to upload to this ip
OrgName: Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
OrgID: CMCS
Address: 1800 Bishops Gate Blvd
City: Mt Laurel
StateProv: NJ
PostalCode: 08054

why is it doing this
plz help thx

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Aug 29th, '05, 01:23