[Suggestion] I do not recommend login requirement to download subtitles

New D-Addicts phpBB3 forum discussions
nikki.please

[Suggestion] I do not recommend login requirement to download subtitles

Post by nikki.please » Jan 17th, '15, 17:59

I always thought that the great thing about d-addict is that a person could google a subtitle, and the d-addict site comes up, and people could just download the subtitle without login. It was proof that it's a great site for subtitles. Today, I came to the site and I couldn't view subtitles without logging in. I was disappointed! It just made me think I was going to one of those other sites that require logging in and when you do, you become disappointed because you wasted your time signing up, and gave them your email information to get spammed.

Now, D-addicts is not one of those trashy sites. It's a great site with great content, but I don't want people to pass by D-addicts because they couldn't view something because they were required to login. I don't want people who could have fansubbed or upload subs in the future to not be a part of d-addicts because they never knew how great the site was without logging in.

The great thing about the internet is that you can get information without logging in. It's like "wow, I can see a lot of great videos, now i'll login to upload my own videos". It would be a bad thing if youtube required logins to view its videos. This is not the right direction for d-addicts. I hope that d-addicts do not require logins. Through out the years, I plan to shares videos that I have downloaded over the years....and I hope that I can share d-addict sub links without login requirements.

thanks.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Suggestion] I do not recommend login requirement to download subtitles

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 17th, '15, 21:25

The link to the subtitles index is now guest readable again.

Sorry, I forgot to fix that setting after "disabling" the old forum. I also had to restrict or even disable some board features during the last days because the new board ran very unstable. I hope it has been fixed.

The search function is now working for guests again. However the feed function remains disabled because it seems to be broken. Maybe an update of the board software will fix that issue in the future.

Awilda
Belgium

Post by Awilda » Jan 18th, '15, 17:31

Actually the search doesn't work neither do the subtitles show as a guest. I had to register to see all of it. I don't regret but cause I meant to register for so long but like nikki.please said,it's kind of a pity !

Genji

Post by Genji » Jan 19th, '15, 10:08

It's the same here. I had to register too to see the subs.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 20th, '15, 01:11

sorry, it should work now

I did only activate the features in the board and the forums configuration. I forgot to explicitly give the search and download permissions also to the user group "Guests". :sweat:

Genji

Post by Genji » Jan 22nd, '15, 21:30

Well, thx for ur hard work.
I'm shure the guests r happy about it :3